Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 2, 2016 4:40 PM

May 2014
geralt said:
Koichi was annoying this episode by not listening to Jotaro, but he's become such a scrub lately. With ZA WARUDO he shouldn't really have any trouble dealing with anyone really, even when having to save others. Act 3 was alright I guess...

With Koichi there if Jotaro went after Kira then Koichi could've died. It still is a bit plot hole-y but I feel this the best explanation, which means that yes Koichi is at blame on why Kira wasn't defeated this episode.
Sep 2, 2016 5:37 PM

Dec 2013
I love how this eps gives a subtle message: always listen to your parents lol

This eps was great. Echoes act 3, SHA, star platinum's the world but i prefer last week's eps mainly bcs of killer queen

Still a 5/5
"nothing is true. everything is permitted"
Sep 2, 2016 5:58 PM

Jun 2010
Sheeeerrr Heart Attack!!

Great seeing Star Platinum again and ACT 3 is finally animated as well. It always seemed to me that Koichi was acting out of character at the beginning of this arc, but I guess confronting a serial killer would do that to a person. It also goes to show that despite how strong Star Platinum may be that even it runs into issues when it can't just overpower the enemy.

Next week more heavy handed antics from Kira. It'll be gut bustingly funny stuff.
Sep 2, 2016 6:21 PM

Dec 2012
Fantastic episode. Love how Jotaro analyses the situation & deduces who Kira could be.
Great of him to mentor Koichi & provide advice.

Sheer Heart Attack is so tough & dangerous. Star Platinum did nothing to it.
Echoes ACT 3 looks so cool. Another evolution for Koichi.
S-H-I-T

Josuke better get there quick to heal Jotaro.

Kira going to have to retrieve Sheer Heart Attack.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 2, 2016 7:04 PM

Jun 2009
WandererRedux said:

Next week more heavy handed antics from Kira. It'll be gut bustingly funny stuff.

Speaking of funny stuff, how great was the "Sir, how could you" scene?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 2, 2016 7:51 PM

Jun 2013
So heart attack supposedly has no weakness according to Kira. And he seems to be right since after getting some ora ora ora beatings by Star Platinum it remains undamaged. Jotaro was constantly telling Koichi to not do anything because Kira is a dangerous murderer who killed a ton of people without getting caught so obviously he wouldn't be that easy to catch. They should simply fallback and then come up with a plan to take him out. But Koichi started to think that he's being underestimated and acted against Jotaro's orders. And that resulted in Jotaro being injured badly. Heart attack follows heat but will only disappear after blowing up a living being. Blowing up a light bulb or a stove won't make it disappear. And Kira realizes that there's something wrong as heart attack should have done its job by now. And Echos act 3 come out who looks weird and can talk unlike almost every other stand (stuff like ora ora ora doesn't count). And this evolved form has some cool powers which requires rhyming words. Josuke has been told to come to the centipede shoe store to heal Jotaro. Kira was about to come too but he broke a cup and then the table so he can't come now.
Sep 2, 2016 8:06 PM

Nov 2012
Tarkus_ said:
elfguts said:
I live for Echoes swearing. Sad there was no "mission fucking accomplished".

It's a shame that was added by the translators. It's not in the original version.

Waiting for the better subbed version. Shit-talking Act-3 deserves some justice.
Sep 2, 2016 8:12 PM

Jan 2011
So perfect.

That waiter's voice, he sounds so betrayed when Kira tears his clothes.
Sep 2, 2016 8:55 PM

Aug 2008
Act 3 respond to everything Koichi said. Is this the first time we seen a Stand that has it's own consciousness/mind?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 2, 2016 9:05 PM

Jan 2014
S-H-I-T

Enjoyed the Stardust Crusaders OST playing while Jotaro kicked ass. Good times.
Sep 2, 2016 9:11 PM

Jun 2010
Ston3_FreeN7 said:
WandererRedux said:

Pretty damn funny, loved how deadpan it was :-D.

It was as nice to see it animated as Kira's watch. Hope we'll be seeing more of it next week...Kira's face that is!
Sep 2, 2016 10:39 PM
Apr 2016
Darius said:
"Yeah, fuck Jotaro, he is stupid and don't know shit, I know better than him, I can handle it by myself, let's chase the enemy blindly, that's the right way."

Oh, hey, it's literally the same idiotic bullshit all the Jotaro haters constantly spew out.

Koichi did a fine job shocasing how a huge part of the fanbase treats Jotaro and his antics.
Sep 2, 2016 10:50 PM
Jan 2015
Darius said:
Koichi is so painful to watch. Not only is he a loser but an annoying cunt too. Seriously, where did he go wrong? He's a full retard now. "Yeah, fuck Jotaro, he is stupid and don't know shit, I know better than him, I can handle it by myself, let's chase the enemy blindly, that's the right way."

Shigechi was pretty annoying too but at least he was entertaining and not crying all the time. Watching Koichi makes me want to commit a murder.

Lets face we were all teenagers at one point who thought we knew better than our elders
Sep 3, 2016 12:07 AM

Jul 2011
Koichi seems pretty normal imo. He felt like Jotaro was looking down on him, and people don't like to be looked down upon. (Especially teenagers.)
I'm glad he got his act together and got a new sassy Act 3 too.

Jotaro though. Josuke get your ass over here. (Please.) D:
Sep 3, 2016 1:20 AM

Jun 2013
Koichi you fucking idiot stop screaming so much!!!
Sep 3, 2016 4:27 AM

Jan 2009
All my ORAORAORA's were satisfied. What a great episode - THIS WASN'T EVEN MY FINAL FOOOOORM yet again.

11/5
Sep 3, 2016 5:46 AM
Jun 2014
Nycro said:
Wow. Araki. Joseph's transition from part 2 to part 3 was absurd when it comes to his fighting style/power. The way he performs his action has been completely nerfed and thus it made him almost useless. And now we have Jotaro... Pf. Koichi shines compared to him.

You have to keep in mind Jotaro got taken out because he took a blow instead of Koichi. If he was solo it would've been different.

Good epsiode, although I think Koichi VA screamed way too much in thsi episode.
Sep 3, 2016 6:28 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
S.H.I.T. Had me in stitches!

Whatever weaknessed Jotaro has, I really wished that Koichi would shut up a little and listen to him in the first place. Experience goes a long way sometimes.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 3, 2016 7:15 AM

Sep 2014
Another excellent and intense as hell episode. LOVE THIS <3
Sep 3, 2016 8:11 AM

Aug 2015
Jotaro was badass this episode, same goes for Koichi, Echoes act 3 is cool but Kiras stand is better in my opinion. The scene with Kiras hand made me chuckle.
Sep 3, 2016 10:00 AM

Feb 2015
s-h-i-t fuck yeah beeetch and david bowie just rips off a grown ass man's clothes...lol
Sep 3, 2016 11:52 AM

Sep 2013
galimx said:
If anyone is interested, thats how it looked in the manga, when ACT 3 was swearing "mission fucking accomplished". I miss that line in anime:

That was a translation liberty taken by the new scanlators, actually.
What we were really missing is the "Ass fuckin' " line from Echoes in the page before that.
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Sep 3, 2016 12:26 PM

Oct 2011
Omg jotaro nooo. Koichi Act3 omg
Sep 3, 2016 12:34 PM

Jul 2014
gallagherakias said:
Great episode as always ,but... why didn't koichi just use Echoes to write COLD on himself and Jotaro ? It was such a plain solution .

Act 2 can only put one SFX at a time. It would have protected one of them, but left the other exposed.

geralt said:
Koichi was annoying this episode by not listening to Jotaro, but he's become such a scrub lately. With ZA WARUDO he shouldn't really have any trouble dealing with anyone really, even when having to save others. Act 3 was alright I guess...

It stops time for one second now. And having the ability to stop time doesn't mean much if you're up against an enemy that can't be beaten by punching. Remember Yellow Temperance?

Zapredon said:
Act 3 respond to everything Koichi said. Is this the first time we seen a Stand that has it's own consciousness/mind?

It's not the first in JJBA, nor is it even the first time in Part 4.

TheAzulmagiaSep 3, 2016 12:38 PM
Sep 3, 2016 9:42 PM

May 2016
This episode is simply S-H-I-T.
That Art 3 personality lmao

btw
@GoldenDevilGamer which episode is that in your sig?
Sep 3, 2016 10:11 PM

Feb 2013
Freaking amazing ep. If I could wish for one anime to go on for all of eternity it would be this.
Sep 3, 2016 11:53 PM

Jul 2016
Was a great ep.

Is Kira the final antagonist? Still 13 eps to go in this series.
Sep 4, 2016 2:59 AM

Oct 2012
There's no way they're going to cram the rest of DiU into 13 episodes.

We're just now starting Volume 39 of the manga, which means there's still around 7 and a half more volumes to cover before it completes. Not even the adaptations of Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency were THAT breakneck. (~12 volumes in 26 episodes)
Sep 4, 2016 5:02 AM

Dec 2015
Koichi went through his expected SSJ2 power-up but to shake it a bit, he had an attitude before the level-up (while Gohan reacted so only after). He got a mini-Frieza whose power has to do with weight/gravity... is the Dragon Ball hommage this character and his Stand's only reason to be ? (at first it was really funny but it might become slightly heavy if this goes on)

Kira's Stand is pretty uninteresting ability-wise. At least, the "unbeatable" aspect of the form presented here makes it better. I thought every new stand would have crazy designs and powers, once the author freed himself from the Tarot. Anyway, there were more than enough funny/great ideas on the road to this villain and Stardust Crusaders had its pack of nice ideas too.

4/5
Rei_IIISep 4, 2016 5:23 AM
Sep 4, 2016 7:41 AM

May 2012
Vindicater said:
Was a great ep.

Is Kira the final antagonist? Still 13 eps to go in this series.

fluffybunnyboy said:
There's no way they're going to cram the rest of DiU into 13 episodes.

You mean 16 episodes left ?!

39 - 23 = 16
Sep 4, 2016 7:50 AM
Jan 2010
act 3 is an awful stand and he didn't think it through at all. I guess pretty typical for him.
the only reason it exists is for this episode alone
Sep 4, 2016 8:14 AM

Jul 2012
StardustReverie said:
act 3 is an awful stand and he didn't think it through at all. I guess pretty typical for him.

Sep 4, 2016 11:44 AM

Jul 2014
SixPistols said:
StardustReverie said:

Sep 5, 2016 8:37 AM

Sep 2016
I was nodding my head when Jotaro's analyzing what kind of person the murderer could be.
A bit surprised that SP's power didn't work this time.
S-H-I-T for the win! lmao
Orikasa_MomijiSep 7, 2016 9:49 PM
Sep 5, 2016 5:38 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Spooky_E said:
btw
It's one of the many derpy faces Josuke made during episode 18 :D
Sep 5, 2016 5:41 PM

May 2016
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Spooky_E said:
btw
It's one of the many derpy faces Josuke made during episode 18 :D
no no you signature, gintama ^_^
Sep 5, 2016 11:18 PM

May 2015
Rei366 said:
I thought every new stand would have crazy designs and powers, once the author freed himself from the Tarot.

Oh you just waitt.

he takes what he's lost and discards what he's won, he's every bit as alive as you and I
Sep 6, 2016 3:00 AM

Sep 2007
For episodes like this, the poll's 5/5 should be changed into S-H-I-T.
I used to be a 3D lover like you... But then I took an arrow to the heart.
Sep 7, 2016 6:23 AM

Oct 2009
It was so awesome to hear the SC OST again! And Star Platinum!
Koichi was really annoying this time >.<

Act 3 is dope!
Sep 8, 2016 5:12 AM

Mar 2009
One of the best episodes of JoJo, period. Jotaro being a badass again and using his quick wit. Then Koichi pulling it together and the evolved form of Echoes. And just the entire episode with Sheer Heart Attack hunting them down was so intense. Great stuff. I loved every minute.
Sep 8, 2016 5:04 PM

Jun 2014
The anime is making me dislike Koichi, it must be his voice. Sheer Heart Attack is easily the most annoying stand ever. The fight was very good though, loved the soundtrack.

Ston3_FreeN7 said:
WandererRedux said:

5/5, the way he said it was hilarious.
Sep 13, 2016 8:38 PM

Apr 2009
I can't pinpoint the reason, but it was just so thrilling to watch star platinum punch the shit out of that little tank, even though it wasn't really doing damage. I don't know why, it just felt really satisfying to me.

Sheer heart attack was awesome, I thought that it's simplicity added to it's scariness, and the way it keeps repeating the same line made it more intimidating. Kira's stand (and all its accessories) are the fucking strong. I would say it might be a little overpowered, but he is kind of taking on an entire town of stand users, and some of them have some extra abilities of their own.

Speaking of which, Koichi's act 2 evolves into act 3! I really like stands with their own personality, and I'm glad that they're few and far in between because it makes them seem more unique. It also helps when they're hilarious and back talk to their users, a trait act 3 shares with surface.

Sep 14, 2016 6:36 PM

Jan 2013
Talking stands she is interesting.
Good episode
Sep 15, 2016 11:14 AM

Sep 2013
OMG KOICHI IS ANNOYING AS HELL! HE ALWAYS KEEP YELLING AND IT WAS EXTRA ANNOYING THIS EP CAUSE HE DIDN'T TRUST JOTARO DESPITE BEING A MANLET!
ECHO'S NEW FORM IS OKAY!

That Jotaro ora ora was so soothing and sheer heart attack doing his heat thing.
Sep 30, 2016 12:55 AM
Aug 2011
Fuck you Yuki Kaji.
You're annoying as fuck and ruin everything.
Sep 30, 2016 2:01 AM

Sep 2013
stand said:
Fuck you Yuki Kaji.
You're annoying as fuck and ruin everything.

Why does he have to go with a voice that clearly isn't his natural-speaking voice
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Oct 3, 2016 9:05 AM

Oct 2013
Zapredon said:

Surface as well. Not to mention Anubis.
Nov 16, 2016 5:29 AM

Jan 2012
best ep in this arc , Jotaro rocks

ichii_1 said:
OMG KOICHI IS ANNOYING AS HELL! HE ALWAYS KEEP YELLING AND IT WAS EXTRA ANNOYING THIS EP CAUSE HE DIDN'T TRUST JOTARO DESPITE BEING A MANLET!
ECHO'S NEW FORM IS OKAY!

That Jotaro ora ora was so soothing and sheer heart attack doing his heat thing.

Well he is still a kid forgive him lol

ot: Is Kira the final antagonist?

Nov 16, 2016 9:33 AM
Nov 2016
AllenVonStein said:
best ep in this arc , Jotaro rocks

ichii_1 said:
ECHO'S NEW FORM IS OKAY!

Well he is still a kid forgive him lol

ot: Is Kira the final antagonist?

Kira is the final villain of Diamond Is Unbreakable.
Dec 2, 2016 2:05 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
S-H-I-T xD Lol

Jotaro ftw! :3

Congrats to Koichi with his new upgraded Stand.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

373 by Hevants »»
Jun 23, 3:22 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2016

282 by titty »»
Jun 11, 12:59 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

165 by Hevants »»
Jun 3, 4:41 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2016

161 by my_5ummer_love »»
Jun 2, 3:27 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2016

160 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
May 22, 11:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.