Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 8, 2016 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cool, that OP song is fabulous, loved it.

Really glad to see Josuke putting his Stand to good use this episode. Censorship wasn't bad as I thought either. Animation style is fine, got used to it by now. Felt bad for Josuke's grandpa though D:

I think the episode adapted at least 4-5 chapters. Pretty intense episode with the fight against Angelo, loved the OST as well. ED theme song is nice too.

Apr 8, 2016 8:58 AM

Apr 2009
Super funky opening theme, I like it quite a lot even though we broke the tradition of 3d CGI openings (which, regardless of your thoughts about this practice, has become tradition by now). Certainly way better than the last opening of Stardust.

Content wise, this episode was fairly standard compared to the manga although the rock at the end looks quite different from the manga version which is a bit unexpected.

Also, the ending is I want you (Cherry Coke) by Savage Garden. I thought a 90s song was likely, but this is certainly another oddball. Nice to hear the song again after all these years though, gives me a feeling of nostalgia.
NidhoeggrApr 8, 2016 9:22 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 8, 2016 8:58 AM

Jun 2015
A savage garden song eh?
Brillaint episode never the less.
Apr 8, 2016 9:08 AM

Apr 2014
HORRIBLE OP, WORST ONE YET #BRINGBACKTHECG

good episode though
moodieApr 8, 2016 9:16 AM
Apr 8, 2016 9:11 AM

Jun 2015
Josuke looked fabulous in both the ending and opening song.
Apr 8, 2016 9:13 AM
Feb 2013
TheMaster100 said:
The cast were dancing in the opening, in particular Tonio. How can anyone hate on that? :P

Dunno mate, guess you can't please everyone. I thought it was awesome!
Apr 8, 2016 9:17 AM

Jul 2011
The song for the OP was fitting and I was expecting something along those lines, the visuals however were quite disappointing not only because they departed from the original style but it was basically a slideshow of character models.

The ED was nice though, 90s nostalgia.
Apr 8, 2016 9:20 AM
Feb 2013
Kellhus said:
The song for the OP was fitting and I was expecting something along those lines, the visuals however were quite disappointing not only because they departed from the original style but it was basically a slideshow of character models.

The ED was nice though, 90s nostalgia.

Oh yeah I completely forgot about the 3D models!! Yeah that is a pretty big negative. Hopefully that will change when the main villain gets introduced and we get a new OP.
Apr 8, 2016 9:32 AM

Nov 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
the rock at the end looks quite different from the manga version which is a bit unexpected.

Apr 8, 2016 9:39 AM

Apr 2009
Fadeout4 said:
Nidhoeggr said:
the rock at the end looks quite different from the manga version which is a bit unexpected.

I should do a reread, but eh: That would spoil the fun by now.

I am still a bit iffy on the pace and the entire budget, though.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Apr 8, 2016 9:42 AM
Apr 2014
No cgi, now that's bizzare
Op is okay, ED is good.
Not as much foreshadowing as the previous openings, a bit too happy of a song, hopefully the next op isn't as happy.
Bloody Stream is still unrivaled.
Apr 8, 2016 9:43 AM

Apr 2014
Nidhoeggr said:
Fadeout4 said:

I should do a reread, but eh: That would spoil the fun by now.

I am still a bit iffy on the pace and the entire budget, though.
Why? This is far smoother and cleaner. I wouldnt say budget has declined in fact they upped the animation if anything. Also its far more colorful. Saying there is a budget issue is a bit radical of a statement.
Apr 8, 2016 9:56 AM

Jun 2015
#DogLivesMatter

That was fucking hardcore.
Apr 8, 2016 10:05 AM

Jul 2013
I've been looking forward to this fight for the longest time. Such a great first demonstration of the creativity this stand can have.

The OP song is nice and the colors are pretty, but it wasn't that hype imo.. Pretty mediocre.
Apr 8, 2016 10:10 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'm really feeling that ED man, shit was awesome....The OP is okay but probably my least favorite of the series....I miss the CGI a little too

That Angelo dude is one sick and psychotic motherfucker lol, like this man is just the worst of the worst holy fuck....RIP Gramps, you didn't deserve to be kills by this fucker

Thankfully he got what was coming to him and I died of laughter when Josuke turned him into a rock but the fact that he became a tourist attraction and is a place where lovers meet had me going "WTF" lololol This man is a serial killer and rapist lol

Great episode overall and I loved seeing this new side of Josuke as well as learning the specifics about his power and seeing it in action in a creative and neat way...I'm nevr gonna get used to him impaling people so casually though xD
TokoyaApr 8, 2016 10:18 AM
Apr 8, 2016 10:23 AM

Apr 2014
The opening I swear to God. It didn't have any cg like the previous ones, but it wasn't anything like I've expected it to be. However, it fits a lot.

I can't wait for the next episode tho. Finally going to see my beautiful son.
Apr 8, 2016 10:25 AM
Aug 2011
Ooh this episode really gave me a Morioh feel compared to the first one which is great.

The OP/ED are silly enough to fit well, very Josuke-ish, had me smiling through the whole thing.

Oudissy said:

If Araki has any say in any of this then you know he'll be added eventually.
standApr 8, 2016 10:58 AM
Apr 8, 2016 10:28 AM

Oct 2012
Really liked the OP, even though it's quite different from the other ones, it sets up the DiU mood.

Apr 8, 2016 10:29 AM

Feb 2011
Absolutely love the opening, the song is great. It didn't hit me until after the episode was over that it didn't use CGI. I don't really miss it.
Apr 8, 2016 10:29 AM
May 2014
I'm glad the OP isn't CGI. I never liked it.
Apr 8, 2016 10:30 AM

Jul 2010
Really dig both the OP & ED and overall the music is just great in this part. Great ep.
Apr 8, 2016 10:31 AM
Jul 2014
Savage Garden - I Want You for the ending. I did NOT expect that. Damn does that bring back memories.

Episode was great, DP so far are doing a fantastic job. Animation was better than last week's which is great to see. Pacing was on point too. That 39 episode rumor is definitely becoming more and more untrue as far as I'm concerned, which is good.
Apr 8, 2016 10:33 AM

Apr 2015
As an anime only this blew me away in many aspects.

The OP was good imo but that's maybe just me because I don't know the other OP for that long and therefore don't have this certain feeling.

The dog scene startled me quite a bit to be honest. I thought we had our obligatory PETA scene for the season already but Araki proved me wrong...wow.

Oh I love how much more of a threat these enemies are now, the first one already killed Grandpa.

I always thought the battles in JoJo were pretty creative and crazy but this for me topped the previous 3 parts, I mean he swallowed a freaking glove?!

This episode now sealed the deal for me and made the marathoning 4 days before it started airing even more worth.
Apr 8, 2016 10:37 AM

Aug 2010
More animal abuse biting a dog's head off lol

Man the OP is way too Happy SOL XD

The strategies used during the fight were nice. Angelo is admittedly quite smart. And his ability's really friggin dangerous.

Dat Angelo stone becoming a landmark at the end was so damn hilarious tho LMAO
Apr 8, 2016 10:40 AM

Oct 2008
OP was cute as fuck, I loved it, it fits the tone of the start of this part.
>User since 2008
Please god help me quit this website.

Such great community that doesn't even know how demographics work, AND gives """detailed"""" reviews after first episodes.

Apr 8, 2016 10:44 AM

Mar 2016
The ending song really wasn't what I was expecting, but I like it. It's calm, but catchy. The opening was different from usual JoJo fare, but I'd say it fits diamond is unbreakable. The dancing was really nice.

Overal, another decent episode, though I think it would have been better if little more attention had been spend on the death of Josuke's grandfather. I couldn't really bring myself to care that much with how little grief was shown.
Apr 8, 2016 10:45 AM

Sep 2013
Another godtier episode,the opening was so fucking good,its at the same level at the 4 first ones(can't wait to see all the memes around it now).

Part 4 is probably the best manga i ever read and with the HS?the animation and the soundtrack i feel it reach an another level of quality,when i see that i can't even imagine how the part 5 is gonna look....

10/10 and hyped af for the next episode.
Deep dark fantasies

Oct 2012
galimx said:
Oudissy said:

@Fappa
If you liked this fight for being more creative than the ones in part 3, you will love DiU.
Mar 2016
This episode made me certain that this season will be a blast for me. Starting from the graphics,design and color palettte which are just my kind of thing finishing with the feeling of danger mixed with a bit of mistery. Also The opening and ending are just outstanding, they are lighthearted and fun which gives the series less tension and makes it much more enjoyable. It was a pleasure to watch this episode and I'm yearning for more.
Apr 8, 2016 10:46 AM

Sep 2013
CetteHistoire said:
Overal, another decent episode, though I think it would have been better if little more attention had been spend on the death of Josuke's grandfather. I couldn't really bring myself to care that much with how little grief was shown.

The real grief from that death shows up at the very exact scene where Josuke's hair bursts for a split second.
Apr 8, 2016 10:47 AM

Jul 2013
I forgot how much JoJo loves the dogs, lmao.

How much I missed the Stand battles since the end of Stardust Crusaders. Poor Higashkata gramps, he didn't deserved to die ;_; Good thing Josuke avenges him a the end by making Angelo fusing with the rock (I really laugh when suddenly the Narrator apears and tells how he becomes an attraction from Morioh).

The OP/ED were so nice and very JoJoesque (despite that the opening isn't in CGI this time, but doesn't matter). The ED give me so much good 90's vibes.

Really good for the moment.
Apr 8, 2016 10:49 AM

Jul 2014
The OP and ED convey the tone of DiU pretty well, honestly. There's action, sure, but there's not any world-ending danger this time around, so the light-hearted music fits.

That being said, I hope they update the OP
Apr 8, 2016 10:49 AM
Mar 2016
Loved the new opening, and the fight with angelo was very cool!

I've already noticed a lot of foreshadowing and references in the OP and the rest of the episode.
Apr 8, 2016 10:52 AM

Nov 2014
Literally yelled "what the fuck?!" at the scene of Angelo biting part of the dogs head off, then spitting it into that dude's mouth. Hirohiko Araki must despise animals.

I love the way this series builds suspense. It doesn't rush things.

That Angelo Stone... What a deservedly cruel fate for a cruel person.

Loved the ED.

5/5
aikaflipApr 8, 2016 10:55 AM
Mar 2016

CetteHistoire said:

I felt that that the subtle way of showing the grief was just enought and was fitting for josuke's charcter. No more words were needed to show how hard he felt that. Also a scene of total sadness would just ruin the mood.

Apr 2015
@Oudissy

Please I can get only so excited. I don't know the last time I was that tempted to read the source material for something. Well I'll be just extremely happy that we get a lot of episodes ( don't know how much exactly though )
Apr 8, 2016 10:53 AM

Mar 2013
Reminder that dogs always have a hard life in Jojoverse
I'm not a fan of CG but still a bit sad that the opening isn't in CG; I thought it would be like a signature for the series.
Anyway love this episode and that angelo stone is a perfect ending for him
Apr 8, 2016 10:55 AM

Apr 2014
Really impressed with all of this. The whole fight was intense just as I wanted. There're a few battles I really like in the first half and I can't wait to see them animated. I hope they will keep the same level of tension as they did with Angelo.
Apr 8, 2016 10:56 AM

Feb 2008
It's been ages since I read the manga, but man, I don't remember that dog scen at all. That was the edgiest thing I've seen this year, and I've seen some shit this year.

The pacing seems good so far, although the CGI backgrounds just feel really odd.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"

Jun 2012
2nd best Brojo gets introduced next week, haipu

I'm also pretty happy with the pacing so far, if this was SDC the Angelo fight would have likely been an unneeded two-parter

Feb 2010
we get the first opening and ending for this part, they were good but I firmly believe they have yet to top Part 2's opening "Bloody Stream"
Apr 8, 2016 10:57 AM

Mar 2014
Opening was fun and addictive.
Nice episode. I forgot how brutal Angelo was.
Ending was great.
Apr 8, 2016 10:58 AM

Mar 2016
Image8 said:

CetteHistoire said:

I felt that that the subtle way of showing the grief was just enought and was fitting for josuke's charcter. No more words were needed to show how hard he felt that. Also a scene of total sadness would just ruin the mood.

No, I don't think a scene of total sadness would have fit either. I just think it would have been better if they showed it a little bit more, even just a little, to make the viewer relate more. I don't think what they did now was bad, I just think it could have been a little better.
Apr 8, 2016 10:58 AM

Jul 2014
aikaflip said:
Literally yelled "what the fuck?!" at the scene of Angelo biting part of the dogs head off, then spitting it into that dude's mouth. Hirohiko Araki must despise animals.

I think that's just his preferred way of showing how terrible his villains are.
Apr 8, 2016 11:00 AM

Sep 2013
Fappa said:
@Oudissy

Please I can get only so excited. I don't know the last time I was that tempted to read the source material for something. Well I'll be just extremely happy that we get a lot of episodes ( don't know how much exactly though )

Whatever you end up choosing, I can assure you the manga is an amazing read and you won't regret a page of it.
Apr 8, 2016 11:01 AM

May 2015

JoJoLion confirmed.
Apr 8, 2016 11:03 AM
Aug 2011
SaberMacro said:
JoJoLion confirmed.

Okay i'll see you here in about 90 years. We got this.
Apr 8, 2016 11:04 AM

Apr 2014
I always seen part 3 as "testing waters" when it comes to stand fights, designs and powers. You feel that Araki grows a lot more comfortable adding very bizarre abilities to his stands starting with part 4, and to be honest in only get's crazier from here.
Apr 8, 2016 11:05 AM

Apr 2015
ArtemisFlow said:

Whatever you end up choosing, I can assure you the manga is an amazing read and you won't regret a page of it.

Well I for sure won't be able to withstand the temptation after DiU has ended. As far as I know there are a lot of parts after that so I'll know what I do after this season :)
Apr 8, 2016 11:05 AM

Apr 2014
I'm impressed by the attention to detail - like that Josuke plays "it's a baseball 64".
your waifu is shit
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

371 by Fenrir_01 »»
Mar 21, 6:46 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2016

156 by Blitrapika »»
Mar 8, 9:23 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2016

95 by Kenpachi_69 »»
Jan 21, 6:04 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2016

159 by JimineyRufus »»
Jan 12, 6:29 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

126 by Zaxphred »»
Jan 11, 11:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.