Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 7, 2016 8:05 AM

Nov 2015
Tanaka keeps on impressing me

May 8, 2016 2:25 AM

Jun 2010
Omg, those cookieeeees. :___DD
Echizen is cute. I love this show!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2016 5:39 AM

Apr 2015
despite her delinquent looks, Echizen still cute...
Machoco!!
that chocolate at the end... it's so HD!! lol
May 9, 2016 4:06 AM

Dec 2012
Nice :) The new girl is full of energy and doesn't let Tanaka sleep. Very funny
May 14, 2016 1:12 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Eyy! What a cute couple! I was wondering who she was crushing on and am delighted to see that we all got to see. Their chemistry is honestly really sweet. ;u;
And then there's Tanaka and Ohta who are like...?? It's a good chemistry nonetheless!

This show is so pleasant, ahaha.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
May 19, 2016 9:08 AM

Oct 2008
2nd girl character is introduced! Echizen!...delinquent again huh??? I prefer her wearing much shorter skirt!
And Miyano deeply loves Echizen, now that was a strange surprise!
LOL at the "Machoco"! even for me, it would be a waste eating it because of the detailedness of that chocolate!
4/5.

May 19, 2016 7:31 PM

Jan 2014
Everyone is gay and I am in love
May 19, 2016 7:39 PM

Jan 2014
eworm said:
Hyalos said:

This. Everyone is just so casual, it's great.

Probably because it's not actual romance and just comments about friendship being beyond that. Which is awesome, so many stories, anime or not, can't seem to accept friendship can be a thing that's different than romantic love. It's really refreshing to see friendship done right - and shown through means other than "Imma fight villains or monsters or society for ya, buddy".

Lol a female character literally confessed her love to her friend. I don't know about anyone else, but I've never had to confess just "friendship" to someone. And Tanaka stated that him and Ohta were already like a steady, old couple. He's not the type to just joke around and seriously considers their relationship like that. I hate when same-sex relationships are downplayed and people are like "Why can't they just be good friends?? Why does everything have to be gay??"
May 19, 2016 7:39 PM

Dec 2009
Yeah I don't think that was just a "Friend" confession, Miyano straight up loves Echizen. I'm convinced that this is a series with two gay couples and it plays it casual and I'm loving that so much. Miyano reminds me of Kud from Little Busters and that's not a bad thing at all :D
May 19, 2016 7:43 PM

Dec 2009
kurapikasass said:
eworm said:

Probably because it's not actual romance and just comments about friendship being beyond that. Which is awesome, so many stories, anime or not, can't seem to accept friendship can be a thing that's different than romantic love. It's really refreshing to see friendship done right - and shown through means other than "Imma fight villains or monsters or society for ya, buddy".

Lol a female character literally confessed her love to her friend. I don't know about anyone else, but I've never had to confess just "friendship" to someone. And Tanaka stated that him and Ohta were already like a steady, old couple. He's not the type to just joke around and seriously considers their relationship like that. I hate when same-sex relationships are downplayed and people are like "Why can't they just be good friends?? Why does everything have to be gay??"

I feel the same way. If Miyano confessed to a boy this episode then no one would be considering it a "Friend" confession. That's what makes me angry. She loves Echizen.
May 20, 2016 10:02 AM

Jun 2010
kurapikasass said:
Lol a female character literally confessed her love to her friend. I don't know about anyone else, but I've never had to confess just "friendship" to someone.

Oh no, my mom said she loves me, I guess that's incest.
Seriously, not every "I love you" means the same thing and Miyano strikes me as the type of character who would use that as "I like you a lot" all the time. She's childish (she threw aliens and stuff into the entire confession) and kids, girls especially, are not afraid to throw the love around.

And Tanaka stated that him and Ohta were already like a steady, old couple. He's not the type to just joke around and seriously considers their relationship like that.

He's not the type to joke around? Sure, but the whole anime is a comedy and if there's a "type" that Tanaka is not, it's the type who develops any kinds of romantic affection. He compared their relationship to an old marriage precisely to indicate they're closer than friends, but not in a "lovers" way. Also because, again, this is a comedy. You're missing a joke by looking for something You want to see.

Not to mention that if this was a manga/anime about a subtly-portrayed gay couple, I doubt they'd be introducing so many female characters, some of them having a not-so-subtle crush on Tanaka.
May 20, 2016 10:15 AM

Jan 2014
eworm said:
kurapikasass said:
Lol a female character literally confessed her love to her friend. I don't know about anyone else, but I've never had to confess just "friendship" to someone.

Seriously, not every "I love you" means the same thing and Miyano strikes me as the type of character who would use that as "I like you a lot" all the time. She's childish (she threw aliens and stuff into the entire confession) and kids, girls especially, are not afraid to throw the love around.

And Tanaka stated that him and Ohta were already like a steady, old couple. He's not the type to just joke around and seriously considers their relationship like that.

He's not the type to joke around? Sure, but the whole anime is a comedy and if there's a "type" that Tanaka is not, it's the type who develops any kinds of romantic affection. He compared their relationship to an old marriage precisely to indicate they're closer than friends, but not in a "lovers" way. Also because, again, this is a comedy. You're missing a joke by looking for something You want to see.

Not to mention that if this was a manga/anime about a subtly-portrayed gay couple, I doubt they'd be introducing so many female characters, some of them having a not-so-subtle crush on Tanaka.

HAHAH so now female characters are crushing on Tanaka but I'm the one grasping at straws. If those supposed characters were men though I'm sure you'd brush that off too.

Miyano might be childish but that doesn't make her confession any less valid and it's obvious her friend loves her too.
May 20, 2016 7:23 PM

Dec 2009
eworm said:
kurapikasass said:

Everyone was fine with Miyano having romantic feelings before it was revealed it was a girl she was crushing on. Your attitude is telling me that just because her best friend is a girl that she can't possibly have real feelings for her.

I also don't like how you're writing her off because she's childish :v The way it was portrayed last episode and in this episode showed it was a big deal to her about her secret crush and no regular friendship has someone acting like that.

Also Tanaka and Ohta are my otps.
May 20, 2016 7:27 PM

Jan 2014
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
eworm said:

Everyone was fine with Miyano having romantic feelings before it was revealed it was a girl she was crushing on. Your attitude is telling me that just because her best friend is a girl that she can't possibly have real feelings for her.

I also don't like how you're writing her off because she's childish :v The way it was portrayed last episode and in this episode showed it was a big deal to her about her secret crush and no regular friendship has someone acting like that.

Haters gonna hate

May 20, 2016 7:29 PM

Dec 2009
kurapikasass said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

Haters gonna hate

That's amazing. Best comment in this thread. Straight to the point.
May 20, 2016 9:10 PM

Jan 2014
*clears throat* ehem

JotakakMay 20, 2016 10:10 PM
May 21, 2016 10:43 AM

Jun 2010
Seriously, guys, it's okay. You don't need confirmation of Your opinions and ideas from a comedy anime, You really don't.
But if You feel You do, this is not the anime to watch, that's all I'm saying. In the recent episode 7, Tanaka bluntly confirms he's straight - and again, there was never any real evidence to the contrary. Just cute characters and jokes, some of which You so graciously put into Your comments.
Seriously, can't we have jokes in our comedies anymore? Can't we have adorable anime girls?

Besides, if Tanaka x Oota was a thing, it would be an abusive relationship, plain and simple. Why would You even want that?

This discussion is going nowhere though, so let's end it here. Though You can have the last post if You like.
ewormMay 21, 2016 10:47 AM
Jun 1, 2016 7:33 PM

Mar 2016
I really see why Miyano is the way she is now.. She really wants to show that she's not stubborn, and I think it's really cute how much she loves Echizen
*ponders*
Jun 11, 2016 9:54 AM

Aug 2015
So now a new character joins the mix, Echizen seems like a fun character, a tsundere delinquent who likes cute things especially her carrying Miyano like that just makes my heart hnnnggghh,speaking of Miyano, her getting angry & expressing her "deep love" for Echizen are just one of the cutest scenes I saw in this series so far, great now I'm hungry for more Miyano
Jul 4, 2016 6:21 PM

Apr 2015
More new and likeable characters. Goddamn it was so cute when she said that she liked her friend.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2016 1:15 AM

Apr 2011
Ohta best waifu for Tanaka! XD
Jul 6, 2016 7:06 AM

Apr 2014
I realy like this show. \(°w°)/
Jul 6, 2016 11:46 AM

Mar 2015
Yaw, the machoco at the end was pretty funny, but that's about it.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 9, 2016 6:16 PM

Sep 2015
Miyano is the best character so far the others are meh. It's not really that funny so far. I find myself falling asleep while I watch this, the music is really soothing.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Jul 19, 2016 12:49 PM

May 2012
Yuri Development? Nah doubt it, but well still pretty fun episode I must say! Let's see what's next.
Aug 9, 2016 9:02 AM

Oct 2012
I dunno. So far whole show is just bland, boring and not very appealing or to my taste.
And now I have identified the my biggest problem with it is its listless main character. Every other person there is just fine and it would be great to watch their relations with each other but Tanaka is just epitome of boredom, his lines are too monotone and long and his remarks are not funny at all.

Now you may say I just haven't understood his appeal and you would be right. Cause I certainly don't know how can anyone find watching him sleeping and bored anything close to enjoyable.
If I wanted to be bored I wouldn't watch anime in the first place, it almost feels like this show is just for masochists who don't know what to do with their time...

So I'll try to filter him out, concentrate on other characters. Next time we'll first big dose of Shiraishi and that's the reason I started watching this anime so I really hope it gets better with her around.
If not I would have to drop this even if I kinda like character designs.
Aug 10, 2016 6:04 PM

Mar 2016
Didn't even mind the shoujo ai themes because I got yet another Tanaka x Ohta supportive quote xD

Seriously though, where can I order my own Ohta -.-
Jan 4, 2017 7:22 PM

Jan 2013
Somewhat enjoyable episode. Just nothing surprising anymore.
Apr 18, 2017 12:50 AM

Apr 2015
I love Echizen, she's hot blooded but she becomes really cute when she's with Miyano. I didn't expect Miyano to be in love with her though haha. And Tanaka saying that he and Ohta are like an old couple was funny.

The end with the three watching the cat video is my favorite.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Apr 26, 2017 3:25 AM

Sep 2013
Not bad I guess...just not very intriguing. It's like, all the pieces seem to be there so I'm not sure why I'm not getting into this show. I think it's because Tanaka gets on my nerves so bad. I just wanna smack him and tell him to wake the Hell up.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 1, 2017 11:23 PM

Sep 2015
lol I would Yuri ship them
Aug 20, 2017 1:44 AM

Mar 2015
That Shiraishi girl (I think that's her name in ep. 1) kept popping in and out as cameos... I wonder what's her significance.

Also lol that yuri ship though.

Aug 30, 2018 10:19 AM

Mar 2012
I avoid eating food, specially fruits where you have to pick out each individual bit too (pomegranate for example) XD

I loved Miyano and Echizen, they are so cute ♥
Nov 25, 2018 2:44 PM

May 2013
I want a machoco.... :3
Feb 10, 2019 7:15 PM

Jul 2016
Echizen was a very nice addition to the cast, she's such a cute tomboy.

And also, that skirt swap skit was extremely hilarious, I really wasn't expecting to see Miyano full covered by Echizen's skirt xD
May 1, 2019 5:58 PM

Apr 2015
There's no way Miyano's reaction to Echizen hiding behind Tanaka wasn't a reference to one of the greatest SpongeBob scenes of all time. Just compare the two scenes:

(play at 0.5x speed for the original episode speed)

(scene starts at 0:37)
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 15, 2019 11:47 AM

Sep 2018
I could not resist that much, and I also saw this episode in which the character of Echizen is presented. Too funny as a character, together with Miyano I am a love.
Oct 16, 2019 3:30 PM

Nov 2013
Miyano and Echizen, the dynamic duo.

She was rightfully angry and her reactions were funny.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 8, 2020 6:01 AM
Apr 2016
This show is comfy and nice now, enjoying very much.
Oct 14, 2020 9:54 PM

Apr 2020
Love this show so far, entertaining and likeable characters! Loving all the chemistry between them
Feb 9, 2021 10:23 AM

Feb 2020
That confession part was amusing.
Feb 17, 2021 2:58 PM

Feb 2014
OMG, I loved Miyano and now I love Echizen even more I think, in only three episodes my opinion on this anime has changed drastically, so many hilarious moments that had me LOLing, the "machoco" part being the best one of course.
Mar 16, 2021 5:33 AM

Aug 2018
Yeah, eating actually causes wish to sleep at times.. Or go to toilet.. Or you can feel full.. Or your head can start hurting a little bit.. So eating is a bit bothersome, especially when you're busy.. It's not just you stuff your mouth and that's all..
That bunny cookie is too cute to eat, hm.. ;P
lol Miyano at 15:45.. Pouting and clapping hands on the table so cutely.. ;P
Well.. I guess, as long as these cookies are for Echizen - weird cookies are for the best.. ;P I mean, who cares, how they look in general.. ;P What matters - is that your loved one you make this present - enjoys this.. ;P
Jun 27, 2021 4:33 AM

Aug 2020
Lol, that machoco transition.

Really do like the premise of the show, but gonna be dropping the series here. Just not my type of episodic show.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Jul 4, 2021 4:47 AM
Jul 2018
The cookies were cute ngl
Mar 2, 2022 11:20 AM

Mar 2019
Lmao, Miyano in that skirt looks so weird and funny. Don't really like Echizen, give me more Oota and Tanaka.

What's with that weird focus on Shiraishi at the end, lol. Is best girl getting her own episode? Yes!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 28, 2022 4:32 PM

Nov 2016
And here I was considering myself lazy for sometimes not wanting to cook a meal that requires more than 10 ingredients + various kitchen utensils.

Then the Itis hit him. That was hilarious transition to the opening. A challenge? Nope, time to sleep in the opening xD

Enter wannabe delinquent. Turns out Echizen and Miyano are not just friends, there's a lot more in the air. That segment was pretty funny. Master Tanaka was spitting wisdom and lol @ the cop at the end.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 4, 2022 9:07 PM

Jul 2021
This is one of the time where I actually ship side characters
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Nov 15, 2022 8:00 AM

Jan 2021
Choclatey muscle men!
Mar 25, 2023 10:47 AM

Sep 2017
# Relationship goals

looks like we got another gay couple in echizen and miyano

welcome to the club

lol echizen's face

funny that tanaka hid behind ohta before echizen attack

he always gets picked on tho

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 21, 2016

139 by Cammell »»
Jun 17, 3:04 PM

Poll: » Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2016

147 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 27, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2016

164 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 27, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2016

146 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 27, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2016

219 by Tvirusz »»
Apr 26, 9:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.