Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Apr 12, 2016 1:16 PM

Nov 2015
That cliffhanger! Yottsun and Masaki disappeared, next episode should be better

Apr 12, 2016 1:55 PM

Jul 2013
Lost count of how many times I yawned during that episode.
Was so fucking boring, and it needs to get a lot darker, but I can't see that happening with how it's looking atm.
Apr 12, 2016 6:28 PM

Nov 2008
Boooriiiiiiing. No idea what this show is even trying to do so far. Hopefully it starts getting dark and stupid soon.
Apr 12, 2016 7:16 PM

Oct 2015
I found it to be really interesting, I hope this series doesn't end up being disappointing.
Apr 13, 2016 7:40 AM

Oct 2014
Rape route right off the second episode, huh? hah, nice.
The story is rather slow. I'd rather watch this kind of anime in one go than watching one episode per-week. But well since I don't have anything to do I'll just keep watching it, lol.
"Whenever you fail at something, always remember that you won't fail as much as Usagi Drop did."
Apr 13, 2016 2:25 PM

Sep 2012
Mayoiga is somewhat akin to Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None, except unintentionally funny because so much of what is done to create tension ends up coming across as rather ridiculous.
Apr 13, 2016 6:40 PM
Apr 2016
You guys do know what's going to happen, right?

It will be revealed that the "missing residents" of the Lost Village are the new visitors themselves. They were the ones who built the village from nothing, but an important event either killed them or forced them to retreat somewhere, and that event triggered a time loop, which is what we are watching now. They've returned to the village with absolutely no idea of their duplicate selves.

The second episode has already hinted through dialogue about the characters "copying" each other. In the next episodes, we can expect them to encounter traces of their own duplicates. It's an anime that generally talks about identity, hence it's important to develop the characters at this early stage.

I wouldn't be surprised if the bus driver who appeared near the end of episode 2 is the DUPLICATE driver. Remember when someone knocked on his bus window and his face was like WTF?! With this theory, of course, we can consider the Ep1 bus driver to be lying dead somewhere.
Apr 13, 2016 7:09 PM
Jul 2018
Sakubo777 said:
Best character in here is the bus driver. He and Hayato are the only ones there that actually seem to have some notion of logic in the cast.

True that. Bus driver 10/10 best character, yo.

Nocturnal said:
[...]I am still counting the minutes until our wide eyed, doki-doki MC goes full Higurashi on everyone.

^I'm getting this vibe so strongly. MC was freaking out in the first episode and he seems a bit off overall. He's always so optimistic about everything which makes him annoying yet a potential candidate for the psycho of this show.

I think the reason behind the truck load of characters we have in this show is that they'll be disposed of. If I ever decided to write a book, I'd do the same. Don't give them a lot of spotlight, make them kinda useless, and use them as martyrs for whatever tragedies happen. In sum, I think they're temporary. Either way, they seem to be empty characters for a reason.

This anime, in my opinion, is the kind you shouldn't take too seriously. It's a show that you watch when you have nothing to do. Additionally, there's still many questions worthy of being answered so it's worth another episode.
Apr 14, 2016 5:14 AM
May 2014
James_Dionisio said:
You guys do know what's going to happen, right?

Did you create a fake account to post that because you don't want people to laugh at you if you're totally wrong ? :D

Well, not the best anime I watched, not the baddest though. I'll watch the next episode to see, but can't determine if it's worth my time.

I really like the "survival mode" guy though.
"You don't need women when you're trying to survive. [...] Though in the long run, they can be an effective means of preserving the specie..."
Apr 14, 2016 8:21 AM

Aug 2007
Nocturnal said:
[...]I am still counting the minutes until our wide eyed, doki-doki MC goes full Higurashi on everyone.

cyrograde said:
^I'm getting this vibe so strongly. MC was freaking out in the first episode and he seems a bit off overall. He's always so optimistic about everything which makes him annoying yet a potential candidate for the psycho of this show.

I think the reason behind the truck load of characters we have in this show is that they'll be disposed of. If I ever decided to write a book, I'd do the same. Don't give them a lot of spotlight, make them kinda useless, and use them as martyrs for whatever tragedies happen. In sum, I think they're temporary. Either way, they seem to be empty characters for a reason.

I think the reason why virtually all are so vapid and highly unlikekable is precisely because anyone willing to go on this 'tour' to start 'their lives anew' must be so. Or at least it must be individuals who are less than sane if they believe such a scheme can actually works. Which explains why the character that do elicit our sympathy, namely Hayato and Koharun, are precisely those who joined for other reasons and who keep a level head about the whole enterprise.

The cast is a gallery of the many things that are wrong in most industrial societies and in particular Japan. From being debt riddled, to being so shallow you care only about your looks, to being downward lazy, etc, the anime offers us a collection of misfits that while not precisely realistic do represent plenty of people who are flawed like them. So yes, they are most definitely empty and deliberately so.
Apr 14, 2016 8:58 AM

Oct 2013
This anime honestly isn't scaring me at all. Don't find it creepy or eerie or anything. Maybe the art style is a turn-off for me or something, idk. It worked well with Another though.

I like how I can already tell most of the characters apart even if there are so many of them. Can't name them all yet, but definitely able to say something about them all.

Can't wait for people to start dying >.>
Apr 14, 2016 12:48 PM

Dec 2011
I can't wait for someone to die in order to thicken the plot.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2016 2:38 PM

Nov 2011
rsc-pl said:
Btw I'm the only one who is worried about what happened do Masaki?!
Don't worry about Masaki. In horror stories, it's always the seemingly weak/quiet ones that lasts all the way to the end or survives. They have the invisible protection called plot armor.
Apr 14, 2016 6:01 PM

Sep 2011
So, they arrived at the crazy village. And there's already two missing. It could be that Yottsun's just doing ~some things~ with that crazy chick in an undisclosed location tho.
Apr 14, 2016 7:07 PM

Mar 2014
Yeah, half of the characters are really generic and annoying. I guess that was to be expected from such a large cast.
This wasn't as good as the first episode, the plot has gone from "mysterious and interesting" to "boilerplate and not interesting"

I suppose I'll keep watching it for now, but this one is already starting to lose me.
::End of Transmission::

Apr 15, 2016 5:34 AM
Mar 2012
Ost still creepy & great.
Angry man more annoying.
So many asses mean to Bus Driver. Business Megane is smart to silence him by money, but super demeaning. Freaky knock on bus. Bear? He dead? Bus Driver come back as fake?
MC x Hayato osananajimi ship. "I WILL PROTECT U!!!"
Got 2 survival gamers.
MC in heat 24hrs. Verbalizes all his horny inner thoughts, too honest but quite creepy, no wonder he gets no friends. MC gets harem, but seems perceptive to the Hateful girl.
Detective Nanko. Smells nice? lol. Girl or trap? Might become important later.
Sunlight from the south (river direction)?
Bear footprint, creepy watching, dark shadows moving... abandoned +1 year.
Crazy Execution girl lol looks like Akatsuki.
Insane Jack vs Eyepatch Chunnibyou.
Random guess: Rapper rapes Pukey. Pukes on Rapper, suffocates & dies from puke. Pukey gets killed by Execution girl due to her crime. MC goes insane, starting Lord of the Flies. Everyone dies.

Mystery email, from Bear? To lure fodder into the village?
Apr 15, 2016 8:53 PM

Apr 2013
Oh no. Two people whose names and characters I don't remember have vanished. Everything's doomed.

:|
Apr 16, 2016 7:02 AM

Dec 2010
I finally get it, this show is playing the Lost card. I can't say that's good or bad, but the the episode format this is going for, plays out bad in nowadays' anime industry.

Either way these episodes giving me an uneasy feeling. I do hope for something definitive any time soon. You may call me on ADHD, but the truth is anime like this tend to trainwreck lately.
Apr 16, 2016 8:32 AM
Apr 2016
Some interesting things from episode 1 and 2

Unsure if anyone noticed

Jack looks/acts like L from death note.

Nyanta is wearing similar outfit as nyanta from log horizon (just a commando version with guns vs swords)

Interesting that a sing a long song everyone knew the words too even though they all different ages and backgrounds, and the hippopotamus song is based on the Solomon Grundy poem. Only changed the baptized on a Tuesday line.

Solomon Grundy,
Born on a Monday,
Christened on Tuesday,
Married on Wednesday,
Took ill on Thursday,
Grew worse on Friday,
Died on Saturday,
Buried on Sunday,
That was the end,
Of Solomon Grundy

Is the poem

I think its too early to say anyone is going to die, personally I don't think anyone dies, using the poster as reference would be a bit of a spoiler, poster is set as a dramatic effect. Mystery doesn't always mean murder mystery.

I'm curious where that photograph was from, and such a detail description if a lost village is from.

Character wise I'm curious as to what the mc was going on about with his mom, came off like he has replacement issues. And he is putting on a smile as a façade.

It's also wired 90% of the village is neatly intact outside years worth of dust, but one building looks completely run down.

And everything is intact furniture etc.

I'm also wondering about the big cat print (its a big cat paw print bid run) but what's odd is you only see one.

I also don't think the 180 personality shift is weird, they played nice on the buss due to the long bus trip, now they off the buss they let their guards down.

I'm curious what happens, I like mysteries.

To sum up my thoughts and possible hints to clues

1) everyone joined was on a forum that was talking about this lost village and found this 'mystery "start over" tour' using their poster names as intro.

2) everyone no matter age or interests knows this unlucky hippo song that is similar to the poem of Solomon Grundy.

3) the village looks a bit modern though the road to it is in bad shape, and the collage girl happens to have a dated photo of it.

4) the reason the village was picked because the girl got an e-mail on its location.

5) all homes are intact with modern furniture and years worth of dust. Village has 1 building that looks like predates the rest is falling apart.

6) single wild cat print found, slightly smeared as if it ran.

7) Weird stalking going on from the area starting at the bus stop with the creepy Oni song.

That's my thoughts, and possible clues. Could be similar to fatal frame, does have a weird vibe like that.
cyber-lalafellApr 16, 2016 8:52 AM
Apr 17, 2016 4:26 PM

Jul 2009
Wait...who knocked at bus's door?
So they all went to a place the girl received an e-mail about? haha, I am sure there's a lot of non-humans waiting to eat them all, just wait and see!
bittersweetloveApr 17, 2016 4:30 PM
Apr 17, 2016 4:31 PM

Oct 2008
Hey Gals! I just want to tell you that Men's deep DARK Desire to such chicks are hard to avoid!
5/5.

Apr 21, 2016 1:40 AM

Dec 2015
Seems like two expectations can be found among the audience here:
- horror. But until now, no clue has transpired who could lead to think this will be some horror story. I should say B-movie genre rather than horror, because horror was never about exhibiting corpses one after another.
- suspense/thriller mystery à la Agatha Christie. A minority keeps mentioning this novel (I did it too, right at the beginning).

Examples:
Kezone said:
And this is coming from someone whose biggest weakness is And Then There Were None style shows.

brandonhill1993 said:
i really hope this anime turns horror, we need more horror!

? The Ten Little Neggers was really good without relying on some shock factor

I am now actually more interested into what's going on here rather than in the series (who could still be somewhat worth it if it is not another B-movie animë).

Tevens said:

i just can't wait for the thrill!!!!
need someone to died!!!! LOL

i know this is a build up but...i just can't wait for the thrill....

a death scene isn't thrilling, what is thrilling is what comes before (the expectation) or after (when you're left in the dark and the fear is rising) for example

akisame__ said:
Mayoiga is somewhat akin to Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None, except unintentionally funny because so much of what is done to create tension ends up coming across as rather ridiculous.

+1

3/5 for this episode, still waiting for this to "start". But I think the format (20min episodes) deserves the 10LN story.
Rei_IIIApr 21, 2016 1:46 AM
Apr 21, 2016 9:54 AM

Feb 2013
I dont even know who are the ones who vanished lol this is quite boring tbh

Apr 26, 2016 8:28 PM

Feb 2013
Not nearly as good as the first episode.

The pervert is off with one of the lolis, nothing to worry about. Oh, wait...
May 3, 2016 6:33 AM
Dec 2012
Okay...Damn Yottsun from rapping to raping ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I don't know what to expect after watching this ep.
May 4, 2016 10:38 AM

Sep 2015
So everyone in the group is an asshole, except for red-shirt MC-kun, who's just pathetic. I can see the characters seriously dragging this down.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
May 8, 2016 2:44 PM

Jun 2010
Good episode, even nothing huge happened.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2016 3:44 PM

Jun 2015

Overall a good episode. I'm waiting for more action.
Jun 21, 2016 4:11 PM

Feb 2014
I see character development in some of the characters. Valkana, Lion, the bus driver (at first I thought it he was annoying but I like him in episode 2) and Nanko are my instant favs. I can relate to all four of them!

I am so curious of what happen to Masaki and Yottsun. The tension is building!
Cartoons and anime is my reality.
Jul 17, 2016 1:27 PM

Jan 2016
So the entire time I'm watching I kept thinking about Higurashi. It gives me that kind of vibe more than an Another vibe. Still interested though...
Jul 29, 2016 2:45 PM

May 2012
Quite a weird second episode as well, the atmosphere is still pretty good! Let's see what's next.
Aug 24, 2016 2:31 PM

Jan 2012
please go higurashi..... please oh please go higurashi xD

gaaaah i like it that town is eerie as hell
Sep 16, 2016 8:58 AM

Sep 2015
Its kinda funny i guess...
An ok episode.
Dec 4, 2016 11:04 AM

Aug 2014
Yup, Hayato definitely has the hots for Mitsumune.
And how the fuck is Hyouketsu no Judgness similar to Jack? xD

Sapewloth said:

Of course the suspiciously tan rapper guy is the one asshole horny enough to go as far as straight up raping poor helpless MC girl to satisfy his urges, and of course he'll be the one dying first if it's not already confirmed that Driver-san is a fake (stereotypical much?)

My thoughts exactly.
KashKetchumDec 4, 2016 11:11 AM
Jul 24, 2017 8:25 AM

Dec 2012
Naana so cute.
lol at the machete and gun.
Nettaiya oppai.
So Mitsumune and Speedstar actually know each other.
LMAO at Mitsumume falling in love over 3 girls so easily.
Mitsumume getting a harem.
lol at dissent.
A hoe.
lol at HnJ coming at Jack.
Dude trying to smash.
LMAO at that rape face.
Maimai so fine.
Baka Mitsumume. Keep that to yourself.
lol at Lovepon so quick to execute the guy.
lol at Naana.

Maimai in the ED so cute.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 25, 2017 4:00 PM

Dec 2010
Retarded characters are retarded. I want to see them dead. Please. Deliver.

Nyanta guy is so annyoing - kill him first. Please!.

Best character in here is the bus driver. He and Hayato are the only ones there that actually seem to have some notion of logic in the cast.

Thats true. This Valkana guy seems to be a massive asshole though.

This rapper guy looks like a rapist. They usually do :D
Nov 5, 2017 10:30 AM

Jan 2010
So basically, everyone is either a horrible person or walking cardboard that occasionally responds when prodded.

The issue with such large casts is the inability to really focus on one character for too long, or to flesh out any one character beyond what can be fit into one or two scenes per episode. At the end, there's an issue here where in Mayoiga, we have the supposed main character, his MC, the girl who threw up, and a number of other absurdly quirky and aggressive characters that stand out over everything else. It can't be helped that certain characters are given more focus than others, if just based on their importance to the story, but creates a situation where the other characters fall into becoming background characters. It's not really a big problem, but it does create a situation where these extra characters are left underutilized, making me wonder if they're just extra fluff to try and create a sort of community.

Either that, or they're all going to get killed off one at a time or something. I actually hope that doesn't happen, as it would mean the whole setup was just to have the extras establish the incoming threat through deaths.

The main character is absurdly thick. And vocal about it. I'm not sure why, but I suppose it's to have a means for the viewer to have someone be confused enough to ask questions about everything, as to give excuses to give expositions for the viewer. Then again, it seems like nearly everyone is clueless, so I suppose it's not fair to only call the main character out. Though, that poses another question: was this really all started by an unverified email with barely any research done prior on the trip? That's...pretty rough.

Also, did that one girl not know what a farming hoe was? Really? Like really? There's probably an explanation for this, like the hoe being broken, worn away or lost in trash, but still.
Nov 25, 2017 3:40 PM

Oct 2011
altruistic protag is thrown into a horror lol. reminiscent of Another.

Jul 16, 2021 10:09 PM

Jan 2017
Ya'll really just want these characters to die off! C'mon, a little suspense is fun! I think my favorite characters so far are the PDA couple. Its kind of funny how awkward they are
Jan 29, 2023 11:58 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Lion thinking MC and Speedstar were dating cause they came on this trip together would've actually been interesing lets be real. The child voices for their baby selves are so deep. Why couldn't they just get kid actors to do that flashback?

The MC being into just about any girl he interacts with is just. *rolls eyes* Please give this guy some personality I beg/

Least we got to the village fairly quickly but very eerie results.
Jun 15, 2023 4:23 PM

Dec 2022
Mayoiga jumps from subject to subject every twenty seconds, which is something that has a tendency to produce a lot of loose ends, and be very funny.

Shaded Horizon

Jul 11, 2023 7:39 AM

Jan 2020
The bus driver should at least checked first the contents of all the wallets....although I'm not sure he could return given the situation.....and nobody questioned his sudden change of heart.....
Aug 7, 12:53 PM

Jun 2015
Is this guy retarded?! Why would you say something like that out loud to her face!

I feel like ten years ago, I would've joined this group and fucked off somewhere like an idiot.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 13, 2016

270 by phantom346 »»
Aug 29, 10:49 AM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

304 by phantom346 »»
Aug 23, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2016

351 by phantom346 »»
Aug 14, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2016

395 by phantom346 »»
Aug 7, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

470 by phantom346 »»
Aug 7, 12:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.