Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 8, 2016 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I kinda expected we may be getting some background storytelling soon.

Yeah, I'm not sure I like Mitsumune much as he just seems not fit within that group. He's attracting more attention than I had expected though. Felt more like a lot of more buildup. I'm not very impressed by the setting of the village but it has a good feel for an eerie series. Hope next episode will give more insight on the story more.

Apr 8, 2016 7:53 AM

Jun 2014
i really hope this anime turns horror, we need more horror!
Apr 8, 2016 8:53 AM

Jan 2015
Yoooo, there are a lot of assholes in the group! So the village exists huh?
The suspense tho, my hearth couldn't stop beating fast throughout the episode!

Aaaand 2 people "disappeared"! Nice cliffhanger.
YOTTSUN BRING BACK MASAKI. Where have they gone? I think he is trying to rape her or something

This shit is getting good
XenocrisiApr 8, 2016 9:15 AM
Apr 8, 2016 8:57 AM

Feb 2012
Deciding whether to pick this up; haven't watched ep. 1 yet—are people getting an Another vibe from this after ep. 2? I hated how Another tried to do both mystery and horror and succeeded at neither.
Apr 8, 2016 11:33 AM

Apr 2009
this is the best anime about cannibalism.
Apr 8, 2016 1:35 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
That cliffhanger O_O. More of a buildup episode. Next episodes should be intense :D

4/5
Apr 8, 2016 1:44 PM

Jul 2015
So I'm assuming that thing that Misaki saw is some sort of killer thing? Really feels like if Non Non Biyori's village got abandoned and random people started living there(or at least tried). Liking it so far
Apr 8, 2016 2:15 PM

Feb 2012
When subs come out my theory may change since my Japanese isn't too good, but from what I gathered, I would guess whatever the Driver saw when he was in the bus alone, probably killed him and then took the form of him to integrate with the group.

That could lead to an interesting story, with some kind of creature always hiding among them, leading everyone to become paranoid of each other

apart from that I 'd say it was a decent episode, everyone got a surprisingly decent amount of screen time considering how many characters there are.
Apr 8, 2016 2:18 PM

Feb 2015
i was expecting someone to die but...well....whatever...
that guy with glasses is an asshole....btw....rape ? or what ? *curious*
overall, it was a good episode. i thought, for a second, there would be some jump scare, because of the changing soundtrack and scene, into more darker atmosphere, but i guess it was just my imagination.

Character still too many in my opinion. we need to kill some of them. please do it like Shiki or Another....need more thrill!!!

*just saw the genre*

the genre is Drama and Mystery but this;
"Rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity)"
i guess there will be some death.....looking foward to it then.
Apr 8, 2016 2:31 PM

Jan 2015
Tevens said:

People don't know what are the two things called "Patience" and "Build-up" huh

smilewolfy said:
When subs come out my theory may change since my Japanese isn't too good, but from what I gathered, I would guess whatever the Driver saw when he was in the bus alone, probably killed him and then took the form of him to integrate with the group.

That part when "the mysterious man/woman' knocked on the bus was extremely frightening tbh. Just imagine you, alone in a forest on a bus, you turn your head towards the window and there is someone scary that knocks on your bus staring at you...well, we all know what happens next.
XenocrisiApr 8, 2016 2:48 PM
Apr 8, 2016 2:34 PM

Jun 2013
So, basically background information episode... well let's hope that story start to move from here...

not expecting any Axe-Murderer from Closet or something
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Apr 8, 2016 2:48 PM

Feb 2015
Xenocrisi said:
Tevens said:

People don't know what are the two things called "Patience" and "Build-up" huh

i just can't wait for the thrill!!!!
need someone to died!!!! LOL

i know this is a build up but...i just can't wait for the thrill....
Apr 8, 2016 2:49 PM

Jan 2013
well another started killing from ep 3 soooo
Apr 8, 2016 4:27 PM

Dec 2014
In terms of comedy this 'thriller' somehow managed to better that try-hard Sakamoto anime with its unlikable and unsympathetic characters occasionally spilling out something out of place or stupid like "There are many people who have no money" "Shouldn't it be more ''pad-y''? And I pretty sure it was intentional. But at least they are sincere, that made it half a joke.

I bet Mitsumune is having his flag up through out the whole episode, this young person is unbelievably out-spoken about things no one wants to hear, for us the audience and the character in the anime.

If it turned out to be just a reality show or a prank...who cares, the sooner they start killing each other the better.
raveninthemuddleApr 8, 2016 4:39 PM
Apr 8, 2016 6:17 PM

Aug 2007
I wonder who it was who sent Koharu that email. LOL at the hot girl who only has high heel shoes.

I am very glad the village is deserted, otherwise we would have even more characters. It'd be overkill. But it sure took them a while to realize there was no-one around, thw whole place looked abandoned.

That couple is truly annoying but at least other characters think as much.

I am still counting the minutes until our wide eyed, doki-doki MC goes full Higurashi on everyone.
Apr 8, 2016 6:23 PM

Dec 2015
Nocturnal said:
I wonder who it was who sent Koharu that email. LOL at the hot girl who only has high heel shoes.

I am very glad the village is deserted, otherwise we would have even more characters. It'd be overkill. But it sure took them a while to realize there was no-one around, thw whole place looked abandoned.

That couple is truly annoying but at least other characters think as much.

I am still counting the minutes until our wide eyed, doki-doki MC goes full Higurashi on everyone.

Lmao I am still waiting for this to turn into a Higurashi paranoia/gore-fest too. It just seems like the type of anime that has that vibe to it. Where everything is going great then shit hits the fan out of nowhere.
Apr 8, 2016 7:04 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That scene where the Chunni guy told Jack to stop copying him and then seeing that Saitama Ok look on Jack's face had me dying of laughter xDD

I kinda feel bad for Mitsumune since he's been in all boys school all of his life....Poor guy can't control himself around girls to save his life lol...It's cool to see how close he and Speedstar really are too

So far this show is really nailing the mysterious, suspenseful and creepy vibe that I wanted from it with all of the strange things going on around the cast as well as the village being abandoned for at least a year...The cliffhanger was pretty nice too so I can't wait to see more
TokoyaApr 8, 2016 7:08 PM
Apr 8, 2016 7:09 PM

Jan 2012
I wonder if Maimai is secretly a dude then LOL
I thought thats where that scene was going lol

But overall, I think this episode was a lot better than episode one.
Episode one seemd to try and do too much to pull the viewers in which
almost turned me away.

The music wasnt as off putting this episode and nothing was super unbalanced.

Interesting to see if there is some weird big foot monster or something lmao
Apr 8, 2016 7:16 PM

Mar 2015
So, build up episode, a lot of tension arround this village..

Nanakimura is crappy, oh my, everyone in this anime is creppy

Hope it doesn't turn comedy when someone die.
Apr 8, 2016 7:17 PM

Jul 2011
This show is actually dealing pretty well with the numerous characters it has, I think. I still wouldn't be able to name all of them, but at least I can start telling their characteristics and personalities apart.

Still can't wait 'till they decrease the numbers a bit though.
Tumblr: Gigglepud
My one rec for anyone who likes good storytelling: Play Zero Escape/Ai the Somnium Files
Apr 8, 2016 7:20 PM

Sep 2011
Another build-up with not much happening. Looks like next episode will be the episode stuff happens. Yottsun gives off the vibe as some creepy ass fucker lol. Inb4 rape.
Apr 8, 2016 7:21 PM

Jan 2012
Darn, still no concrete killings yet. Thought for sure the bus driver was mutilated. I guess he still could have been if the monster can shape shift. So someone in their group sent the e-mail right? More on that later I assume. I had a feeling sunglasses/reverse cap douche wouldn't last long, but we'll see. So Lion's a fujoshi? XD And our mc gets a stiffy over anything that walks and has tits...well, almost everything. XD I don't blame him when it comes to high heels girl and her big, beautiful tits that jiggle every step. XD
Apr 8, 2016 7:30 PM

Mar 2014
what surprises me is that this show is really succeeding with its characters so far. there was good characterization for maimai and nanko most notably imo and so far those two are my favs. im really put off by piitan and her stupid husband though...
anyway the humor is there too which i find quite to my liking (that exchange between jack and judgeness lolll). lion being a fujoshi too lmfao she has great taste in pairings. hayamune is real tbh. remembering the names is also surprisingly easy with each persons distinct personality. i really dont wanna see maimai die now that ive kind of grown attached... yottsun though gotta go lol you kno he ded
Apr 8, 2016 7:41 PM

Mar 2013
Definitely a nice change of pace this episode. The first one was too much to take in while this one seemed more or less like a build-up episode that wasn't shoving obnoxious information at us.

I'm seriously getting a Hills have eyes feel coming from this show wherein people are going to start dropping like flies by some unknown creature lurking the village.
If that's the case, I'm actually interested.

also this
smilewolfy said:
but from what I gathered, I would guess whatever the Driver saw when he was in the bus alone, probably killed him and then took the form of him to integrate with the group.
The second half could be wrong but it makes semse. I doubt he went unscathed given the reaction he had when he saw it.
Happy Halloween
Apr 8, 2016 7:41 PM

Dec 2014
Lovepon is batshit, haha. I love her.

Don't tell me it's a skinwalker... Please, anything but that. Also, it'd be so lame if Yottsun dies first, which he probably will.
Apr 8, 2016 7:46 PM
Apr 2016
smilewolfy said:

That could lead to an interesting story, with some kind of creature always hiding among them, leading everyone to become paranoid of each other

apart from that I 'd say it was a decent episode, everyone got a surprisingly decent amount of screen time considering how many characters there are.

Or maybe him only saw a moribund leaving nakimura and saying "leaving this place, is very dangerous and all people has become crazy", well this could be a good reason for him to stay in this place?
Well al least i still watching this show :3, sorry my english xd.
Apr 8, 2016 7:48 PM

Jun 2015
I dont care what anyone says, im loving this anime. I actually like the large cast of characters. The character interactions are great and sometimes really funny too. I found it funny how Lovepon was so stuck on execution. What if they create a system of law where characters get executed? And im loving Lion more and more too. Contender for best girl of the season
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Apr 8, 2016 7:50 PM

Feb 2015
So far, I really like the whole abandoned village shrouded in mystery. But I find that all the characters are insufferable or bland (With the odd Lion which is pretty cool), and they all have this very cliche mystery feel to them, like filling up all the archetypes. But that'll probably fit very well into the seeming classic mystery feel this show seems to be going for.
YautjaApr 8, 2016 7:59 PM
Apr 8, 2016 7:58 PM

Nov 2015
OMG I am so into this mystery. The Music at the last with shots of everyone's faces gave me goosebumps.
I won't mention names as they are hell of a lot.
Hayato and Mitsu were childhood friends came as surprise to me. Mitsu becoming suddenly famous with girls seems really fast paced?!
I really wished this show had a horror element as it checks all the boxes and the mystery surrounding the village may not seem what meets the eye.
Looking forward to the bear attack? I just wish it's some kind concentration/experiment camp. Heh heh.
Apr 8, 2016 8:01 PM

Mar 2014
I imagine someone sent that woman the email to lure her and everyone to this place so they could proceed to serial kill them all.

+1 Inb4 Bus driver is imposter

+1 inb4 Rape.

Oh and since Yotsunn disappeared and Puke chan is too important to die this early,

It's confirmed pretty much that the black guy will once again die first.
"Fuck this shit, fun things are fun!"
Apr 8, 2016 8:01 PM

Dec 2012
Ugh I fucking hate cliffhangers >~> Another week of wait before we get to the action.
I really like the abandoned vibe it's giving though. This has a chance to be really good.
Lmao Lovepon is freaking bonkers xD Can't seem to hate Maimai for some reason, even though she's acting all slutty.
Oh God please don't rape her black dude >~>Also wtf happened to the Bus driver? O_o
Apr 8, 2016 8:18 PM

Jan 2016
The problem for me is that each episode is leaving me on the fence about whether it's worth it to continue or not. I like the premise, but none of the characters are really doing it for me. I can sometimes ignore lackluster characters if the suspense is really good, but at the moment it's right in the middle to keep me interested enough, but not ready to just embrace the series as one worth watching. So in the end, yet another week of going "Next episode, I'll decide if I like this show".
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Apr 8, 2016 8:22 PM

Jul 2015
That village definitely has a creepy and eerie feel to it

Next week looks like sh*t goes down
Apr 8, 2016 8:22 PM

Jun 2014
I thought it was kind of amusing how amazed everyone looked when they arrived to the village, like they had just arrived to a giant estate or a 5 star hotel........but, not surprisingly, the village was pretty rundown.

I'm curious as to what it was the bus driver saw when he was alone in the bus (I swear I would've had a heart attack if I was in his position) and if it has some sort of significance as to why he went to the village. The whole email thing is also pretty interesting, maybe it was a setup? And wtf, is Yottsun planning to rape Masaki? That's fucking creepy.

EDIT: Actually, is anyone else curious as to how the bus driver got to the village? Unless I missed something, he didn't have a map or anything so how did he know where to go? I'm gonna assume that driver is a fake and the real driver is now dead........
thebrentinator24Apr 8, 2016 8:50 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 8, 2016 8:23 PM

Jul 2015
StardustNyako said:
I imagine someone sent that woman the email to lure her and everyone to this place so they could proceed to serial kill them all.

+1 Inb4 Bus driver is imposter

+1 inb4 Rape.

Oh and since Yotsunn disappeared and Puke chan is too important to die this early,

It's confirmed pretty much that the black guy will once again die first.

I shoulda known the black guy would be the first to die
Apr 8, 2016 8:27 PM

Jan 2014
This is pretty good. The Driver is presumed dead now I will say. That guy is fake.

Masaki? The girl that looks like Megune from School Live is probably in a very disturbing location with that Yattsun? guy. I hope she doesn't get abused. :(

This anime is living up to it's expectations for me. I like it.

Are we dealing with monsters though? Or humans that went "berserk"? I'm sure they will meet the people from that village sooner or later.
Apr 8, 2016 8:27 PM

Jun 2012
Wanko's aversion to dust might become relevant later, as could Yuuno's occupation, who knows.

The black guy being first on the mortality toll could be subverted in the case of the bus driver's death being later revealed.
Who knows what happened to the bus driver, though

Yottsun might not die at all, but he's one of the three characters to appear in this episodes ending, which gives me the impression he's going to depart sooner rather than later.

Jack's reaction to Judgeness, in this episode, suggests that his personality has more to it than a showman's facade.

It will be interesting to see how Maimai's story with her brother, or whoever she keeps mentioning, will play out.

Nettaiya seems to be the most harmless, she would have to remove her heels should she wish to do much of anything physical.

Toshiboy seemed rather detatched, he was the last person to jump on the "shame the bus driver" wagon, and his interaction with Yottsun was a little disquieting, like he's trying to balance out how to pretend to be normal and fit in among a diverse crowd.

Why does Mitsumune like the way Nanko smells? That has to have some significance, doesn't it? Is she trying to mask something?

Jigoku no Gouka gets along well with Nyanta, but holds largely misogynistic convictions, could be noteworthy.
Xenocrisi said:
I think he is trying to rape her or something
Wouldn't Toshiboy, knowing his intentions, have tried to cover for him?
I suppose that's what he's doing by not saying anything, but, if that was really in his interest, I imagine he would try to make their disappearance sound inconspicuous so as to not attract the greater group's awareness in the first.

OchimushaApr 8, 2016 8:51 PM
Apr 8, 2016 8:33 PM

Oct 2009
-Lovepon man lol EXECUTE HIM!! XD
-It was funny when Lion thought Hayato and Mitsumune were dating *high fives fujoshi girl*

-That knock on the bus was scary, I thought something would come out but nop :/
-I kinda hate most of the characters asshole-ness sassyness. Like why would you get mad at the driver when you forced him to push through! Smh
I want to continue watching this just to watch those little pricks die! MUHAHAHAHAHA :v

Apr 8, 2016 8:35 PM

Apr 2015
I still feel like it's gonna end up that all of them are split personalities of one person and gonna end up dying one by one until the "true" person is left
Apr 8, 2016 8:36 PM
Jul 2018
Awww I was hoping the rapper dude would be a bro but he was just an asshole :P.

Anyway, I love how this anime is keeping it completely unknown as to what this series is, and how it could basically turn into anything.

From a thriller to a a horror, killers or monsters, who knows.
removed-userApr 8, 2016 8:44 PM
Apr 8, 2016 8:39 PM

Aug 2007
zeron824 said:
Are we dealing with monsters though? Or humans that went "berserk"? I'm sure they will meet the people from that village sooner or later.

I'm leaning toward 'humans' if only for the creep factor. Those prints also looked human-like if not necessarily human and they did comment they did not look like a bear's.
Apr 8, 2016 8:41 PM
Jul 2018
lol whats with this hentai style opening development.
Apr 8, 2016 8:47 PM

Dec 2014
First the bus driver meets someone and then he appears out of the blue in the village.
Thats suspicious ...
BlancchetApr 8, 2016 9:04 PM
Apr 8, 2016 8:47 PM

Feb 2013
My hopes that this will actually turn out good are quickly dwindling, but at least it's funny in its stupidity.

And this is coming from someone whose biggest weakness is And Then There Were None style shows.
Apr 8, 2016 8:49 PM

Dec 2014
Really liked this episode.

Chances are that this will be campy as fuck. Looking forward to next week's offering.
Apr 8, 2016 9:01 PM

Dec 2014
Shit's gonna hit the fan soon. Darn, I guess it was to be expected that there are many people with horrible personalities.

I actually felt really, really bad for the bus driver throughout the whole episode..
Apr 8, 2016 9:05 PM

Feb 2016
Not really much development towards the plot. I like how they are handling the huge cast though.

It seems Yottsun got the words rape and rap mixed up.

Am I the only one that is loving Valkana? I mean, the way he's keeping all these shady bitches in check is legit.

So far, it's been good. It still makes use of those horror movie cliches but it's still good.
Apr 8, 2016 9:11 PM

Nov 2014
So, they give the bus driver their wallets in the most assholish way possible, walk to the village, the bus driver is surprised by something, then he joins them.

Everyone walks around, chats about stuff, etc. Some of the guys are really horny for some reason, and the ambiguously brown guy is the horniest of them all. And because Japan loves rape, they imply a rape between him and Masaki, the character that the writers tried to build the most sympathy for.

Compared to everything else I'm watching, this show is so mediocre. It's like every b-movie about people going to a "mysterious village." I'm going to give this show one more episode. If it doesn't suck less next week, or at least surprise me, I'm dropping it.

1/5
aikaflipApr 8, 2016 9:57 PM
Apr 8, 2016 9:15 PM

Feb 2016
This is probably still pretty early on but...
I WANT TO SHARE A THEORY.

I think all the people attending the trip are all dead or they're spirits or some shit and the only two people that are physically alive are the MC,, Hayato and the girl with the psychological problems. There are a few hints that lead their after death experience:
1) Stalker
2) Gun fanatic
3) The guy who thinks survival is the key to life.
4) The girl that was sexually abused.
5) Bus driver with the intention to commit suicide.

I might be overthinking it but it makes sense to me.

Maybe the thingy that knocked on the bus door was actually a human. A human from the village of Nanakimura in fact. Most likely apart from those who were missing a year earlier. Maybe those villagers left the village and began to roam the surrounding forests and whoever knocked on the bus door convinced the bus driver to go back to the village to fulfill a certain task. lol idk.
Apr 8, 2016 9:25 PM

Nov 2015
LOL Satoru is the tour guide
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

412 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 23, 4:17 PM

» 2 years later: what's so bad about this show?

XXXXXXXXXIII - Nov 15, 2018

16 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 15, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2016

394 by Yugesai »»
Jan 9, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

200 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 7, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

303 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 6, 2023 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.