Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
May 31, 2015 9:37 AM

Oct 2008
[FFF] how many weeks late???....hmmmm a TOTAL OF 6 WEEKS LATE!!!
so frustrated of FFF's slothfulness!!!, ok, anywayz, now 8man & Yukino are always clashing and this time it's gone worse!
new char Isshiki Iroha huh? hope that this is not another faker character.
Yui is always so concerned to 8man so much that it breaks her.
Hiratsuka-sensei being cool again!
Haruno neesan always likes to tease 8man!
Really!? 8man got a crush on his middle school days (Kaori)...not really bragging but it looks out of place.
Oh! i forgot to mention Totsuka still adorable as ever!
5/5.
matias067May 31, 2015 10:00 AM

May 31, 2015 10:44 AM

Jul 2008
matias067 said:

new char Isshiki Iroha huh? hope that this is not another faker character.

lol on sankaku complex they just posted a poll of the top deceptive characters and Iroha is in the top five... hahaha
Jun 8, 2015 11:16 PM

Nov 2012
Oh boy, that whole scene where Hikigaya meets up with his middle school "friends" was just brutal. Haruno was just applying salt to his wound.
Jun 15, 2015 3:06 AM

Nov 2014
Zuihou said:
Oh boy, that whole scene where Hikigaya meets up with his middle school "friends" was just brutal. Haruno was just applying salt to his wound.

Couldve felt that atmosphere in my room while I was watching it...
Btw,could someone explain to me why yui and yukino are so unhappy with his methods?
Jun 15, 2015 6:59 PM
Jun 2015
PrevE said:
Zuihou said:

Couldve felt that atmosphere in my room while I was watching it...
Btw,could someone explain to me why yui and yukino are so unhappy with his methods?

Hachiman is suggesting a method in which he acts as her spokesperson/committee member and just makes a fool of himself via self-deprecation, which is not the solution to everything.
Jul 1, 2015 6:43 AM

Oct 2012
Awww I'm a bit sad now :(
While I'm in 8man's side
I think Yukino is right, although I don't know what Yukino is thinking/mean
"Signature removed"
Jul 23, 2015 5:52 AM

May 2012
This was rather moody again, it was interesting character development though! Let's see what's next.
Aug 14, 2015 4:19 PM
Apr 2013
Iroha is here now. ;^) WOOOO.
And Haruno is a QT, jesus. The art style change made her fucking beautiful.

Nice episode, 10/10.
Hope things get resolved between Yukinon and 8man, as well as Komachi and him.
Aug 29, 2015 10:08 AM
May 2012
Ooooooohhhhhhhh, ouch Hachiman.
New opening animation is nice~
Sep 20, 2015 1:29 PM

Jun 2009
I could feel the awkwardness radiating through the screen during the scene with those girls and Haruno. Haruno is one damn scary woman.
Dec 22, 2015 12:11 AM

May 2014
I like how hateful everything is right now, the shitty atmosphere is a nice change of pace from 'everything is perfect' anime.

That being said, this is some seriously useless drama. Chick goes to the principal and says "it was a prank, I'm out, I'm not putting any effort into this. Seeya." Seems like a pretty damn simple solution to me.

Could have had a better drama point to abuse to develop characters, though.
Dec 22, 2015 1:52 AM

Jun 2015
It's a cultural gap. In western countries individuality and freedom is emphasized, but in eastern countries there's still a lot of societal pressure to be a team player.

In fact, Iroha has tried something similar to what you suggested in the LNs, and got shot down. Relevant quote:

Basically: If she goes to the principal to decline the position, the principal will be troubled (since they have no other candidates), try to encourage her to do it anyway, and when she refuses, the principal will try to force his way through by calling out her lack of team spirit and how she is troubling everyone with her selfishness.

And it won't stop there. Soon the rumors will spread throughout the school, that the entire student body is now suffering from student council problems, all because of one Isshiki Iroha who refuses to be a team player. Her reputation will be COMPLETELY DESTROYED.

Furthermore, since it's an authority figure she "disobeyed", it wouldn't end at just the level of how 8man was treated after the Sagami scandal. There would be a very real possibility of escalated bullying and teachers turning a blind eye to it. After all, they could think stuff like "that student was so selfish that she messed up everything for the school, why should I be selfless and help her?", "She deserves whatever punishment she's getting.", or "If I help her, other people will think I support her terrible behavior, and I'll get in trouble."

Even after she graduates, that reputation will follow her. People from the same school will spread the gossip. The bullying will continue to follow her. She can kiss her dreams of marrying a rich guy goodbye, since everyone will avoid her. She may even have trouble finding a job due to the bad reputation, since companies don't want selfish employees who have no team spirit.

Granted, it's been getting better over the years thanks to western influence, but it's still a lot like this in many of the eastern countries. In these cultures, it's pretty much a life of hell that awaits once your social reputation is trashed. It's terrible, but that's how it is. So no, the drama isn't easy to solve at all.

Relevant link to show I'm not making this stuff up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wa_%28Japanese_culture%29

Still happening in 2015. >_> <_<.
Feb 2, 2016 6:57 PM

Jul 2013
The fuck was this stupid club for anyway? Helping other people's problems? Then isn't it just like Sket Dance? Or Gintama? Only this one is shit. I don't get all the stupid drama. It's so pretentious that when you look at it carefully, analyze it, you'd see that it doesn't really mean anything. All I see are over-reacting kids making things complicated. And Hachiman, goddamn this dude. I, too don't like the way he does things. I remember liking him in the season 1 but now? I don't think so. It's like he's willing to literally eat shit in front of everyone, embarrass himself just so he can solve others' problems faster. Like what he did in that confession shit in the previous episode. That was pathetic and lame af. I sure don't want to see anything like that again. Seriously, he seems like he doesn't have an ounce of self-respect.
Mar 21, 2016 10:52 AM

May 2015
Hachiman seems to just have the short end of the stick this season. Extremely moody and dramatic thus far. I'm curious of what Haruno's plan for Hachiman is.
Sep 21, 2016 2:06 PM

Mar 2016
I'm super confused right now. Everyone has been angsty and mad at each other since Hachiman "confessed." Why? Why did his method suddenly trigger this drama when that's how he's been doing things since he joined the service club?

I'm also confused about why that cafe scene was needed. Ugh.
Sep 28, 2016 5:54 PM
Sep 2016
Folks lemee tell ya, Iroha is the character and plot device that propelled this anime hella far. Not saying she the best character, nuh uh honey, not even close (Hachiman wins that EZ). Her little request and character will grow to be on of the most important factors of this anime.

I love what she gives us. I only wish i was re-watching this episode because i want to go IN FULL DETAIL why it so good without mixing up episodes and there spoiling the anime. All i can say is y'all gonna love dis gurl.
Jan 18, 2017 4:08 PM

May 2015
Nothing special in this episode.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 22, 2017 3:34 PM

Feb 2016
Stuff is getting really really really intresting
Jan 29, 2017 8:07 AM

Apr 2013
Yukino should already say what she wants to say all the time, I'M definitely on Hachiman's side. Given his experience it just makes sense how he feels about everything.
Jan 29, 2017 3:08 PM

Apr 2015
A Very Good Episode.
Feb 15, 2017 5:43 PM

May 2010
Ugh, Haruno playing around with Hachiman's feelings, that was so hard to watch, especially since I totally know what he felt during scene with his former unrequited crush, sighh :( It was just awkward and painful!

I'm guessing that Hayato is in love with Yukino's sister, judging by his behaviour. He came to meet her after a pretty meaningless phone call, but wasn't really angry or anything. Also, it seems that he knows about Haruno quite a bit, considering what he told Hachiman at the end.

Also - love the new op sequence!
Apr 13, 2017 9:43 AM

Oct 2015
Whelp getting crushed like that by the old crush. I imagined the only reason she even talked to him was bz he was sitting with a hot girl since she ignored her all alongside. People are weird indeed, well this seem to be the fence on whether hachiman change or remain the same.
Aug 1, 2017 1:42 AM
Nov 2015
Can someone tell me what this entire scene was for? I watched it twice and can't make sense of it at all.

Aug 1, 2017 3:47 AM

Aug 2013
Dang son, call Keemstar! There's delicious drama everywhere!

Jokes aside it's getting pretty interesting with the clashing opinions between Hikki and Yukino
Check out my epic? youtube channel yo!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtS2LcQwcqpHyQGXekGDGVA
Oct 9, 2017 7:42 PM
Jul 2018
I'm not a big fan of the drama to be honest! I like seeing the characters having fun and being happy, I know it can't always be that way, but I don't like feeling sad.

I hope everything works out between the main characters because I hate to see them fight and the awkward tension.
Feb 26, 2018 12:39 PM

Oct 2015
I must have failed to understand what happened last episode... what's the deal with the dramatic overreactions? It's not like Yukino had an alternative plan to effectively help Hayama's group situation. It wasn't really much of a big sacrifice on Hikigaya's part either.
Apr 3, 2019 9:47 AM

Nov 2016
The drama in S1 was a tad more subtle, but I prefer it a bit more forceful like in this episode.

And I like that this arc will probably tackle the issues with Hachimans "one for all" approach to resolve problematic situations. Really looking forward to this and I hope for more character development.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 4, 2019 4:08 AM

Jan 2018
Hachiman looking at Haruno boobs . LOL . At least he is still interested in girls . I thought he had lost this kind of feelings .
Jun 5, 2019 11:10 PM

Jul 2009
Drama everywhere! Also, didn't we already had this awkwardness in S1?!

Same thing. Hikki wants to do it his own way despite the consequences, and Yukino will not change and wants to do her own way as well.

Also, Haruno's boobs :O

Ah well, I wouldn't be surprise if this gets resolve in the next 2-3 episodes.
Jan 19, 2020 12:08 AM
Apr 2016
Yukino's sister is very very scary.
Feb 13, 2020 8:40 PM

Dec 2018
i still have zero sympathy for hachiman and hope he ends up alone in a gutter where he belongs
Mar 9, 2020 6:32 PM

Dec 2015
Best episode of the series for me. The show always had a "smart drama", but so far nothing that really hitted me. This episode did. Probably because this arc is being more direct to the problem and the new studio handling better the overall tone of the show. But still far from being above the average, as most of users defend it.
Mar 9, 2020 6:36 PM

Aug 2018
Erwin_Sasageyo said:
Best episode of the series for me. The show always had a "smart drama", but so far nothing that really hitted me. This episode did. Probably because this arc is being more direct to the problem and the new studio handling better the overall tone of the show. But still far from being above the average, as most of users defend it.

Oregairu is MILES above average for the rom com genre!
Jun 11, 2020 4:56 PM

Nov 2017
Oh wow, they already introduced Iroha? Golly, I wish she would've first appeared in one of the later episodes. I love and hate how moe af she is. She's sugar, spice and everything nice. Bleh, lmao.

Naturally, there's still problems with the club because of what happened last episode. Yui and Yukino both disapproved of Hachiman's method, but for different reasons.

After Iroha appears and requests their help regarding the student council, Hachiman proposes something of an end justifies the means plan that would lead to self-destruction. Yui states she wouldn't like it and neither does Yukino and she desperately tries to think up reasons to why that's not the way to go.

The second club meeting shows that things haven't smoothed things over between Hachiman and Yukino.

Side note, but... *Shaggy voice* Sad Yui is like, a bummer, mayne. :-/

Oooo weeee, Yukino's fine ass sister appears in this episode!

After some talk between her and Hachiman, the latter's middle school crush conveniently shows up! After Yukino's fine ass sister becomes aware of this she sees an opportunity to invite Hayato out to meet them. After all the girls leave, Hayato points out that Yukino's fine ass sister is fond of Hachiman.

That does make sense even if she was purposefully trying to annoy him. Hayato states that she teases the people she's fond of, and crushes the ones she hates (like, y'know, Sagami). Scary ass woman, indeed.

Hey, Haruno! If you want to be my girlfriend, I'm down! lol

Jul 2, 2020 11:13 AM

Aug 2019
Such a tension filled episode, it nailed the atmosphere surrounding the conflict between Hachiman and Yukino. Iroha seems annoying for now. And that Kaori girl is such a bitch as seen by the cafe scene. Also, Haruno looked far prettier in s1.
Mayo-13Jul 2, 2020 11:19 AM

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Jul 4, 2020 6:50 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lmao, those teens reaction indeed a pure soul otentic one. I was not called it cliche. Not, yet, but seriously, they were all hilarious. Look at the debates of them became more useless than before because the intentions slightly differ too. Its normal, the resolution might be too dramatic than ever. But, the direction, man, i was felt so salty seeing how Yukino reacted with Hachiman wise words.

However, this time, Hachiman made a bold move. He refuse all of the compromising events, after the end scenes. Such a great movement he made. Its so tough. Yet, indeed its hurt more feeling. Lmao. Even their drama felt natural and indeed really fun to watched. Thats the whole 'your youth life romantic-comedy-drama was wrong as its expected' you were all talking in the previous episode.

A pretty smooth plot. Yet, the flawness still progressing. So, lets see how they resolved the drama with Yui had some statements in the next episode....
badabassJul 4, 2020 6:54 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 19, 2020 6:17 PM
May 2020
In this episode Yukinoshita said that hachiman hate superficial relationship, in what episode in season 1 that hachiman said this?
Jul 26, 2020 12:34 PM

Jun 2017
Thanks for the people that compared the anime to LN. That extra info was really needed. I still find myself missing the thoughts of characters in some moments though. Added the light novels to plan to read list...

By Hayato's comment, it looks like he and Haruno have some history unknown to us. Interesting. The new girl Isshiki has a lot of favorites. She is probably going to be important from now on.
Aug 8, 2020 9:32 AM

Dec 2010
I love every crossing we can get with Hachiman and Haruno or Hayato and now we got them all three at the same time! Even if it was just for a little bit, it was top level content.

Hachiman is starting to get on my nerves, especially after he checked out from yet another confrontation. If he's idolising Yukinoshita, then why doesn't he take a page from her book for once? Or maybe he doesn't really understand the real her precisely because he's idolising her.
Aug 19, 2020 8:33 PM

Jan 2018
when did this turn into a slow burner, last season was kinda fun, this is just cheap
Sep 29, 2020 5:27 PM

Aug 2017
Another good episode!

Yukino is still angry at Hachiman cuz his methods, quite understandable since it makes others think bad of Hachiman but she doesn't have good methods to solve problems either. Looks like this new girl -Iroha- is going to be important in this season. Does Hayato have a crush on Haruno?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 1, 2020 2:58 AM

Jun 2020
So this is where the new girl came in(pretty cute) I wish Yukino and Hachiman just get along each other.

So Yukino sister is finally shown and that's wonderful.
Oct 11, 2020 10:33 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The Donut´s shop meet was very interesting!!! Love?
Oct 23, 2020 11:20 AM

Aug 2018
Yukino being a bitch and opposing Hikigaya's really good plan. I hate her.

Nov 10, 2020 5:54 PM
Sep 2020
Bruh, I didn't even notice that was Iroha at first, she looks 10 times less attractive.
Jan 12, 2021 12:42 PM

Feb 2020
Orimoto. I don't like you. At all.
Really, she is a jerk, isn't she ? The very definition of insensitive.

I feel bad for Hachiman. Yes, he is very clumsy but at the same time, who can blame him ? He is a lonely wolf, so of course social interactions aren't his thing and he ends up making mistake after mistake.
Speaking of which, I don't understand Yukino's reaction. Isn't she totally overreacting ? Hachiman's solution wasn't that stupid and actually, it was even better than hers. I don't get why she is being so sensitive as if he insulted her. Then again, she's always been my least favorite among the main characters. Looks like it won't change that easily.

On a positive note, Haruno in opposition is a character I'm really liking. She is an interesting one.
And about Iroha who I heard so much about, for now she seems a bit like a caricature of Yui, I'm not so sure I'll like her but I expect to be pleasantly surprised.
Jan 16, 2021 12:06 PM

May 2017
fuck. some of these scenes feel so relatable. I just love Hikigaya as a character. Love the OST's. Season 2 is pretty good so far
Feb 10, 2022 1:28 PM

Mar 2019
I don't know if I hate Yukino's sister or not. Also that middle school girl was so annoying.

The tension is growing again between Hachiman and Yukino and I despise Iroha, lol. Everything she says feels like it has an ulterior motive, just say you don't want to do it. Are you scared about your popularity just like Yui did at the beginning? I'm curious how this will end.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Sep 19, 2022 2:52 PM

Nov 2018
This episode was quite engaging! Because of that, I can't say I didn't like it, though, truth is, it really pissed me off and finally left me with a heavy heart.

I am certainly biased because I like Hachiman, but I'm sure the girls are right as well. I would say that Hachiman dragged a conclusion about how things usually work and, now, he diligently makes those choices that confirm his vision.

Unfortunately, this prevents him from taking different actions that he may feel to do but he does not allow himself to do them.

While I understand him, and I dislike the others for pressuring him to break out from his paradigm, there is a high risk that stubbornly staying in his paradigm, he may have regrets later.
"The me today will not ever make the future me to regret!"
(Emily Adachi from Air Gear: Kuro no Hane to Nemuri no Mori - Break on the Sky)

Apr 12, 2023 3:36 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I overcomplicated this show for myself at first and as a result made myself not enjoy it as much as I could've. But it turns out it's pretty simple; I think. Yukino and Yui simply but truly care for Hachiman now and don't want to see him be the only one to bear the weight of the world on his shoulders, and that it essence, is it, I suppose? 

What still seems to have been overcomplicated though is the whole election issue. Would've been so simple if Iroha just dropped out of the running (although, that leaves no one in line to be president, I wonder what happens then). But no, it can't be that simple can it, there are images and statuses to maintain here, and Hachiman once again is prepared to take the fall for the benefit of others. Which, still puzzles me as to why he agrees to help people in such a way that only brings negative results to himself. You'd think he'd be a character who doesn't give a single f*ck about anyone else, and yet here he is, being the scapegoat for everyone's problems, even when people don't want him to, he still proceeds with bearing the weight. Maybe there's more to this character, maybe he isn't entirely dead inside as the viewer might think.

I feel like characters are less loud and obnoxious than they were in the first season: Haruno, and especially Hachiman's little sister. Definitely toned down even just a little bit to make them a bit more real. 

That cafe scene though, was just there to put Hachiman in the dirt. Maybe it was SOME comfort to him that his childhood crush Kaori (she has a perm, similar to the chick in Amagami SS, also named Kaori) has moved on from the past and has put it all as water under the bridge. But even if that's true, it still surely doesn't help him to know that she probably thought next to nothing of him back then. Well, at least she remembers his face, and in fact was the one to call him out there in the cafe. Definitely no hard or tense feelings from her side, probably, but she does continue to see Hachiman in a disregarding manner as she seems to see him as little more than a way to get to Hayama. To which Haruno, who is with them, pulls out her phone and calls Hayama over. AYO? But yeah, poor guy. Would've love it if Hachiman straight up responded to Kaori saying YEAH, Haruno is in fact, my girlfriend. I happen to like older women. But no our dude stays modest and just admits the truth. All in all, a scene that really makes you sympathize with 8man over here and just makes you wish for him to get a W for once. The only one I shall permit for him to get hard roasted by is Yukino and no other.
BetaMaleUltraApr 12, 2023 3:41 AM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2015

443 by Tugra_Enes_Bal »»
Jun 25, 4:36 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

1003 by ViSpace »»
May 30, 12:11 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

557 by ViSpace »»
May 29, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2015

480 by ViSpace »»
May 29, 6:50 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2015

544 by ViSpace »»
May 29, 6:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.