Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Parasyte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 28, 2015 1:09 PM

Nov 2014
Iluf said:
The fuck was that scene after the car incident? With those two guys just looking at Gotoh in his state and asking whether he's *okay*?

This would have been one of the best episodes in the series so far but this scene just completely ruined it for me. Anyone else feel this way?

Yeah I was like wtf can't you see he has a fucked up body!

But I loved this episode, this series is really something!
Jan 28, 2015 1:09 PM

Jun 2009
Iluf said:
The fuck was that scene after the car incident? With those two guys just looking at Gotoh in his state and asking whether he's *okay*?

This would have been one of the best episodes in the series so far but this scene just completely ruined it for me. Anyone else feel this way?

Yeah it does some stupid screw up once in a while, it is even worse how the mangaka handle going from this arc to the last. I hope it is handled better in the anime than the manga (in the manga, it felt like you had skipped a chapter when it happened :S).
Jan 28, 2015 1:11 PM

Jan 2014
abystoma2 said:
The "Psssscht" sound Migi does sometimes when fighting is kinda cute.

What kind of shit are you into lol
Jan 28, 2015 1:14 PM

Dec 2008
I might be overreacting but for me this tiny episode just dropped the value of this series to "okay 8/10 science fiction seinen" and I'm not even sure I want to watch it ongoing anymore.
I didn't care about flaws in animation, I didn't care about screwy Murano with her bullshit, but this one just kinda broke the suspension of disbelief for me. Can someone spoil me on what happened in the manga in this episode?
Endure. In enduring, grow strong.
Jan 28, 2015 1:19 PM

Oct 2014
orario said:
Btw, at this rate, will the anime cover the whole manga?

Seems possible...if they kind of rush it.....what are we missing?

Its everything right?

Let's see if they can fit all that in 8 episodes
gabyta07Jan 28, 2015 1:23 PM
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Jan 28, 2015 1:21 PM

Dec 2014
I found this to be one of the more lackluster episodes. The fight wasn't nearly as entertaining as all the build up made it seem. I thought someone was going to be at Shinichis' house to kill him and end up killing Murano but at last she lives another episode. It was nice knowing that she still cares about him though. She's been hating him for so long now that I just thought she didn't care about him anymore. Hopefully at some point they get back together, but I can see it now. They get back together and then she dies lol. Seems like next episode we'll get to Tamiya fight which just oozes with awesome.
Jan 28, 2015 1:22 PM

Dec 2013
Reiko becoming more human like.

I got a feeling dectective will do something to poor baby & Reiko will snap.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて

May 2014
Wow amazing ep, this was one of the best ep's of this show, can't wait for the next fight!
"A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death" -Lelouch Vi Brittania

Nov 2013
Iluf said:

Yeah this was a super intense episode, that broke the immersion totally. Like seriously guys, you're looking at an octoman with scythes for hands, and you're asking him if he's okay? Should have never left the truck.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jan 28, 2015 1:23 PM
Apr 2013
Darn we have a man with five parasites that is like invinicible. Rieko is getting her fight on which will be interesting to see, I am sure she will win though. Can't imagine her character being killed off like that as she is really interesting.
Jan 28, 2015 1:24 PM

Jul 2009
Don't mess with the T-1000 Gotou.

Iluf said:

Not everyone's up to speed with the whole parasyte thing just yet. Besides, their attention seemed to be focused on the hit-and-run truck at first which is a natural thing to do in a car accident like that. As soon as Gotou got up, they were already goners.
Jan 28, 2015 1:41 PM

Dec 2008
Chillingflames said:

Not everyone's up to speed with the whole parasyte thing just yet. Besides, their attention seemed to be focused on the hit-and-run truck at first which is a natural thing to do in a car accident like that. As soon as Gotou got up, they were already goners.

Well it's my personal opinion, but I agree with the poster above: you see a man-thing with blades for hands, you run the fuck away while screaming for your life even if you know zilch about parasites. Besides, I rewatched it three times and they're clearly looking at Gotoh when asking whether he's okay. I mean maybe that's just another animation fuckup that just so happened to crawl into the scene, but that's just adding insult to injury at this point.

They could have just shown the car driving away, probably the cheapest way. They could have shown them running and Gotoh fucking them up from behind (would be badass btw).
But they went with this and now the damage is done, sadly.
Endure. In enduring, grow strong.
Jan 28, 2015 1:44 PM
Sep 2014
Why do I have a feeling that the detective is gonna kill Reiko's baby...
Jan 28, 2015 1:45 PM

Dec 2013
The driver didn't give a fuck
Shinichi sleeping on a bench give me lol
Jan 28, 2015 1:48 PM

Jun 2014
What an intense chapter, seeing Miki hop from tree to tree reminded me of Haku's Crystal Mirror move. Then seeing Miki chase the car reminded me of Terminator 2.

Jan 28, 2015 1:53 PM

Feb 2011
wow wtf
i dont want Reiko to die :
Jan 28, 2015 1:54 PM

Oct 2012
holy shit was that episode ever intense, the scene when he got knocked off the car and the guys asking if he was ok was a little weird though... seeing as he was full out parasyte at that moment.

Super surprised the detective is still alive, I have a feeling he wont die quite yet, there must be something important that happens between now and his death. He probably gets revenge on reiko in some way, even if he doesnt kill her.

Reiko will definately win the fight, I dont see her losing at all. The fight between Shinichi and Miki was pretty cool. Blades flying everywhere lol.
There was even some kind of dream sequence this episode. I wonder if migi is hiding something from shinichi..
Jan 28, 2015 2:03 PM

Jul 2009
Iluf said:
Chillingflames said:

Well it's my personal opinion, but I agree with the poster above: you see a man-thing with blades for hands, you run the fuck away while screaming for your life even if you know zilch about parasites. Besides, I rewatched it three times and they're clearly looking at Gotoh when asking whether he's okay. I mean maybe that's just another animation fuckup that just so happened to crawl into the scene, but that's just adding insult to injury at this point.

They could have just shown the car driving away, probably the cheapest way. They could have shown them running and Gotoh fucking them up from behind (would be badass btw).
But they went with this and now the damage is done, sadly.

Hardly, I doubt most people would even care about this tiny detail after the end of the current arc. Like you said though, it's just a matter of perspective.
Jan 28, 2015 2:09 PM

Jun 2009
Iluf said:

Not an animation fuck up, same thing happened in the manga, only different was they also asked about Gotoh arms and leg before they were killed. I was a bit disappointed that they rushed through the phone conversion to the dad, since it simply didn't have the same emotional impact as it did in the manga(even thought I'm more concern for them skipping important part for the final of this arc, and for the last arc).

Hopefully they didn't skip what the PI wrote, since it foreshadow the last arc we will be moving into (they have changed the order a bit through the anime so there is still hope)
Jan 28, 2015 2:27 PM

Nov 2014
Amazing episode, great to see a parasyte stronger than shinichi!
Hi there
Jan 28, 2015 2:35 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode, with enough action, a rapid development and several surprises

Several battles are forming for the next episode, I am anxious to see the development of anime now ..
Jan 28, 2015 2:49 PM

Oct 2010
Hype level through the roof.

-> Detective kills Reiko's baby out of vengeance
-> Reiko suffers a mysterious feeling of loss and grows a more "human side"
-> Still makes mincemeat out of the detective
-> Fights off the 3 parasites because she's a dual-pattern morph
-> One step closer to Reiko x Shinichi?
Jan 28, 2015 3:14 PM

Jun 2014
Oh, the 3-in-1 turned out to be a 5-in-1 body parasyte. And its controlled by "A".... who is suddenly pretty OP...

And when you think stuff couldnt get more intense, 3 of Tamura's groupies wanna kill her; then those two girls having Murano deliver shinichis bag.... i can only image what will happen when she arrives to an empty house....
Jan 28, 2015 3:40 PM

Dec 2011
That was a great episode, seeing what Gotou can do was just badass, the only thing that was poorly done was the drivers not running away or being scared as they saw him, although it's possible they could have thought it was some weirdo cosplaying or something along those lines, just like that one time when the teacher found Shimada at school and thought he was wearing a costume/hat, which makes sense, I mean seeing a monster randomly is kinda ridiculous and unbelievable.

Still 5/5 episode and doesn't really deteriorate from the experience for me.

Next episode could go two ways I believe:

1. Kuramori sneaks in Reiko's apartment and kills the baby or does something to it , although this option feels kinda stupid because that's just plain revenge for killing his family (eye for an eye) and why would he believe a parasyte cares for a human child?

2. This scene is taking place near a construction site and there's a brief shot of a crane (or something similar on top of the building or near) for no reason, which made me believe that he might use it and attempt to kill Reiko using the crane or dropping something on her with it.

Obviously he plans to take actions since he said "While I still have time", combined with the shot of the apartment building makes option 1 the most likely, referring to her walking away from the apartment giving him enough time to sneak in.

Also with the recent dreams where Shinichi and Migi meet and last time Shinichi seeing his face in the dream freaking him out makes me think the way the he actually looks in his dream is that monster with 4 eyes and crazy mouth in the near end of the opening.
Jan 28, 2015 3:42 PM

Sep 2011
Tamura Reiko... will she become an ally in the future?

Jan 28, 2015 3:46 PM

Jul 2013
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
Oh, the 3-in-1 turned out to be a 5-in-1 body parasyte. And its controlled by "A".... who is suddenly pretty OP...

And when you think stuff couldnt get more intense, 3 of Tamura's groupies wanna kill her; then those two girls having Murano deliver shinichis bag.... i can only image what will happen when she arrives to an empty house....

Lol, it's not A nor Miki, it's Gotou, the one who went into the yakuza HQ and slaughtered everyone inside in an earlier episode. He saw Shinichi with Kana during the mayor campaign.

Murano had already gone to his house in this episode, you know.

Jan 28, 2015 3:46 PM

Oct 2014
Oh my so intense. I love itt!!

Jan 28, 2015 4:01 PM

Dec 2013
This is falling further and further into the generic abyss for me, battle scenes especially. How this is rated the same as Monster (or very nearly), I'll never understand. But whatever. Hopefully, we'll get treated to more eps like 14 which was a return to its character core. Reiko is getting quite intriguing though, I must admit.
Jan 28, 2015 4:05 PM
Jan 2013
It was okay. I understand this whole making it dramatic and stuff but killing the family of the guy was forced. It makes the parasytes look dumb because that move didn't even look logical. Also the "is he okay thing" this episode was poor quality to me. Still enjoyed it tho...
Jan 28, 2015 4:07 PM
Jan 2015
Shinichi told his dad to leave the house but murano is there hope nothing bad happen to her cause enough loss for shinichi, as well that detective going to reiko's baby she might go crazy if he does anything to him
Jan 28, 2015 4:32 PM
Feb 2014
enjoying every single ep of the series! just 9 more to come!
Jan 28, 2015 4:54 PM

Jul 2014
Awhh what's going to happen to Reiko? Will her baby be murdered?!
Jan 28, 2015 5:05 PM

Dec 2012
Amazing episode. Each sub-story is interesting. Perfectly paced, I can't fault it.

= That Miki dude was a waste of time, thankfully that other parasyte took over. And finally an opponent they can't beat so easily.

= Murano will likely get attacked next ep (I doubt she'll be killed though).

= I did have this slight feeling that they only bothered introducing that Detective's family as a means to kill them off for motivation/progression still kinda sad though.

= And 3v1. I think this will be the first time we see Reiko in action, Migi was hyping up the fact that she has two different transformation types or something earlier in the series. Should be interesting
Jan 28, 2015 5:18 PM

Jun 2014
Uh oh Murano. and the baby too? Man this show is too suspenseful
Jan 28, 2015 5:37 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 28, 2015 6:01 PM

Nov 2007
People cut to pieces left and right, still this anime remains awesome week in week out.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 28, 2015 6:09 PM

Aug 2013
Holy shit, poor Kuramori :(
A man who lost everything has nothing left to lose.

Of course, Murano just had to go to Shinichi house right when a bunch of killer parasytes are after him. Yeah, totally a coincidence, totally not raising hard her death flag.

Tamiya seem to be turning more and more into a ''human'', with some few emotions and showing concern about her child.

Migi being Shinichi nigga, stealing shit and pulling some Space Jam stuff on that truck. But I'm getting worried about Shinichi, and what the detective could have written in the notebook. He have clearly lost it, so he might have written about Shinichi.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 28, 2015 6:12 PM

Jan 2010
May be it is too early to say this, but this show seems like a suspense thriller of the highest order. It has had some down moments, but the last 4 episodes have been as exciting as any Shonen is capable of offering. The director has kept the pace in steady throttle mode, while managing to improve the quality by it.

Now if only that bitch Satomi is shift+deleted, all the impediments that prevent this series from being an A+ will have been eliminated.
Jan 28, 2015 6:33 PM

Aug 2014
Amazing episode. I really liked how Migi and Shinichi worked together and managed to take down Miki, but were outclassed when Gotou came. That guy is something else, 5 parasites in one body and those morphing abilities makes him extremely dangerous. I can't believe those two guys actually approached a monstrosity like him, though. Migi demanding mutual respect was a very nice touch and i wonder what Izumi looks like in that dream of his.

Kuramori should've seen that coming. He looked completely devastated, at one point his face was like a parasite's. Next episode's name implies a death flag for him, but he doesn't deserve to die.

I'm very interested in what's going on with Reiko, she honestly seems like the only smart individual among those idiots. I doubt she'll die, can't wait to see how she beats them. That breast-feeding boob, though...

5/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Jan 28, 2015 6:42 PM

Jul 2014
Great episode, I just love how this is so close this is to the manga 10/10
Jan 28, 2015 6:44 PM

Oct 2013
Really exciting episode, for a second I thought Murano was gonna get in trouble for going to the house while Izumi told his dad to get out.

Jan 28, 2015 6:51 PM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode, surprising to see five parasites in one body. Shinnichi can't transform his body like that.
Jan 28, 2015 6:57 PM

Mar 2009
Reiko=Meruem.
Jan 28, 2015 6:57 PM

Jan 2014
Shrimperor said:
Reiko best mom 2015?

lolol

btw can someone please refresh me on who gotou is? he was the one playing in his underwear last episode right? but why did shinichi recognize him? was he also one of those politician parasytes he saw earlier? is that why migi sensed so many parasytes, they were all in him? thanks! ^_^
Jan 28, 2015 7:05 PM

May 2012
Damn this show just keeps getting better.

Man feel sorry for the P.I. Dats messed up what they did to his family. Shinji is taking on five Parasites at once. I know Reiko is a bitch, but for some reason I like her. I feel like she understands humans a lot more than the others. A lot more now since she has a baby. Speaking of I hope the dude doesn't do anything to the baby man. Also doubt she will be taken out that easily. Anyway can't wait for next week.

5/5.
Jan 28, 2015 7:24 PM

Feb 2012
lilypippili said:
Shrimperor said:
Reiko best mom 2015?

lolol

btw can someone please refresh me on who gotou is? he was the one playing in his underwear last episode right? but why did shinichi recognize him? was he also one of those politician parasytes he saw earlier? is that why migi sensed so many parasytes, they were all in him? thanks! ^_^

Yes. Is the one who saw Shinichi, when he went to the city where Kana lived.
Jan 28, 2015 7:51 PM

Dec 2013
OMFG that fight was insane!

Gotoh is insanely op.

Dat ending doe! This series is too good!
Jan 28, 2015 7:54 PM

Sep 2014
Damn I don't blame Sinichi from running away lmao. That dude had FIVE parasytes in him
Jan 28, 2015 7:57 PM

Nov 2011
This episode is starting to confirm my fears concerning this show. It started out as a survival horror sort of scenario, with multiple theme implications and a steadily building narrative into something huge... only to keep getting distracted by head-on confrontations, Shinichi power-ups, side character detours, and too much screentime for the parasites in general. There is little suspense or tension when you see one now, whereas before Shinichi was in grave danger whenever one appeared.

In essence, this is starting to seem a lot like a battle shounen. Don't get me wrong, the fights can be pretty entertaining; I can't help but be disappointed if that is all this story will amount to, however, especially considering the amount of initial buildup.
Jan 28, 2015 8:25 PM

Aug 2012
Does the live-action film part 1 contain any spoiler?
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2015

276 by RapidPhantom »»
May 21, 7:36 AM

» What is better? Manga or Anime?

treverse - May 13

20 by ST63LTH »»
May 21, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2015

277 by lazypanda666 »»
May 18, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2014

638 by CELEXIA_ »»
May 11, 3:40 AM

Poll: » Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2015

381 by yarwe »»
May 3, 1:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.