Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 13, 2013 3:03 AM

May 2010
Was expecting that"Sakurasou is going to be demolished"...sort of cliche but heartwarming;D
Feb 13, 2013 5:10 AM

Jan 2011
Feb 13, 2013 6:25 AM

Jan 2012
Lexxus said:

I am guessing she probably just got put into a waiting list since thats one of the clitches of exams and important characters in anime.
Feb 13, 2013 7:10 AM

Jul 2011
BakaGekai said:
The best episode so far because Sorata got battered ...

This! xD

Anyway, Jin has always been a hypocrite but for this reason he has become an interesting character, however, seems that things are put in the right place now...errr I think.
Feb 13, 2013 10:20 AM
May 2012
rupok93 said:
This anime got mediocre and plain dumb towards the middle. It started off strong and I looked forward to every week, and then they added totally idiotic drama and made sorata into a character i totally despise. The only reason I haven't dropped is cause I am too far in with a few episodes remaining.

lol exactly my thought, when it first started i was a huge fan but after it focused on sorata's drama bitching shit, it got really tedious and i cannot stand watching it but dropping it is not an option either...
Feb 13, 2013 1:25 PM

Dec 2012
Raphow said:
rupok93 said:
This anime got mediocre and plain dumb towards the middle. It started off strong and I looked forward to every week, and then they added totally idiotic drama and made sorata into a character i totally despise. The only reason I haven't dropped is cause I am too far in with a few episodes remaining.

lol exactly my thought, when it first started i was a huge fan but after it focused on sorata's drama bitching shit, it got really tedious and i cannot stand watching it but dropping it is not an option either...

glad im not alone about how i feel toward this show.
Feb 13, 2013 1:26 PM

May 2012
poor yuuko xD

nice fight btw ^^

3/5
Feb 13, 2013 3:28 PM

Apr 2012
Well I am glad that the Misaki-Jin relationship issues have seemingly been solved; however, this episode left me cold. That couple's problems have never been that interesting to me - and the unfortunate, cliched twist at the end also did not endear me to this episode.

Still, watching Sorata get the shit beat out of him was entertaining.
Feb 13, 2013 3:42 PM

Oct 2007
Nerdy bonus information: When Fujisawa said he was going to a game conference in San Francisco, he was talking about GDC, the world's largest professional-oriented game industry event. http://www.gdconf.com/
Feb 13, 2013 4:03 PM

Jul 2011
tsudecimo said:
Raphow said:
rupok93 said:

glad im not alone about how i feel toward this show.

Same here. I'm still watching this show only for the comedy which is pretty good.
Feb 13, 2013 5:23 PM

Sep 2010
Oh the sweet moment when someone beats the crap out of Sorata.
Haha my body can't take that much drama, now Sakuraso is going to be demolished.

Mashiro was cute this chapter, plan c for everyone.
Feb 13, 2013 8:41 PM

Dec 2012
It is episodes like this that makes me happy when the next episode comes out.
Feb 13, 2013 8:45 PM

Sep 2012
Vokoca said:
It was a nice episode, but it just still felt like a filler. Glad to see the arc completed, though.

Right out of the novel... mostly. As usual they changed a few things, skipped a lot, added some stuff...

Itachi_0893 said:
Nice episode, how many novels have they adapted so far?

That was the end of novel 5.

6, 7 and 8 to go (9 and 10 not out yet). Only 6 episodes left feels kind of short to get to the end of 8. I hope they do, please get to the end of 8!!! If not, they will need, Need, NEED an OVA or better yet a season 2 even if one cour would be enough. 6 episodes really doesn't feel like enough the way they have gone to get through 3 novels, 2 episodes each would be awfully quick, faster than so far.

Lexxus said:

At this point in the novel it is as it is in the anime as far as Yuuko is concerned.
hpulleyFeb 13, 2013 8:52 PM
Feb 13, 2013 10:20 PM

Sep 2012
Awesome ep filled with flashbacks! lol at the teachers trap on the roof xD
Feb 14, 2013 1:12 AM
Aug 2011
-This ring on your finger will keep the guys away because you're a girl and I want you to be pure and untouched until I get my hands on you.
- but I don't need silly things like rings and promises because I'm a man therefore i'm free to stick my dick into anyone while you patiently wait for me (cause remember, you're a girl)!

Jin X Misaki: the abridged version.

Also her sister was so unoriginal and basic it hurt to watch.
If the intent was to make her the shittiest character in this series, they've succeed.
Feb 14, 2013 2:00 AM

Jan 2013
Misaki x Jin <33 I love this episode. ;D
Feb 14, 2013 2:58 PM
Dec 2011
Sorataboy got his ass KICKED
Feb 14, 2013 3:17 PM

Jul 2012
I don't get this Jin guy. So he just put a ring on her finger to call dibs for another 4 years? It's rather stupid for her to accept it ;D
Feb 14, 2013 3:20 PM

May 2012
Jin's reasoning is beyond stupid. Glad his issues are over with.
Feb 14, 2013 8:02 PM

Feb 2012
This is getting nowhere imo. I believe the end will just be like a Toradora ending...
Feb 14, 2013 9:07 PM

Jan 2011
Sometimes it helps just to check the current numbers in order to put the noisy minority in context:

5/5 on episode--71%
MAL rating on series--8.25

As some people have said, I'm glad we were able to somewhat resolve the Jin/Misaki situation. Misaki is a genius, while Jin is just an ordinary talented young man who is JUST FINISHING HIGH SCHOOL! (Sorry to shout there, but I felt someone should point out the bleeding obvious.) Two of the characters here, Misaki and Mashiro, are certified geniuses while the rest of them are more ordinary talents. One of the subtexts of this show (and presumably the light novel series) is the difficulties that exist when more ordinary folks get in a relationship with such outliers--and I think they are doing a bang-up job on that. As for waiting four years--heck, that's half the time the two characters in Bakuman have put their relationship on hold and at least Misaki and Jin don't have a no contact clause so presumably they can text, write, skype, or actually physically see each other at intervals during this separation.

A four-years-older Jin will be even more mature, have confidence in his own abilities, and be better prepared to support and work with Misaki. I doubt that she will change as much, simply because overwhelming talent tends to insulate you from having to adapt. Sorata on the other hand, has a pretty tough choice between Mashiro who is also an overwhelming talent and Nanami who is much more like him in ability. Both girls love him and he seems to have feelings about both. I'd take the poly option, but animes rarely go that route.
rodacFeb 14, 2013 9:19 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Feb 15, 2013 7:11 AM

Sep 2010
Oh god please not this. Not demolishing of homes or schools again?! I've seen this setting enough lately. Please don't demolish it at all and fix the drama around it in one episode at maximum please, I don't want big dramas around this kind of depressing stuff.
Feb 15, 2013 7:14 PM

Feb 2012
Ovindel said:
Oh god please not this. Not demolishing of homes or schools again?! I've seen this setting enough lately. Please don't demolish it at all and fix the drama around it in one episode at maximum please, I don't want big dramas around this kind of depressing stuff.

I've had enough of this Shit already. Typical setting in a series like this. -_-
Feb 16, 2013 1:28 AM

Jan 2010
parfaited said:
-This ring on your finger will keep the guys away because you're a girl and I want you to be pure and untouched until I get my hands on you.
- but I don't need silly things like rings and promises because I'm a man therefore i'm free to stick my dick into anyone while you patiently wait for me (cause remember, you're a girl)!

Jin X Misaki: the abridged version.

Also her sister was so unoriginal and basic it hurt to watch.
If the intent was to make her the shittiest character in this series, they've succeed.
I think he gave her the ring in good conscience. He could have nailed her at any during the past couple of years (i.e. after breaking up with Fuuka, maybe before). Remember, she's even gone after him of her own volition. His line about the 'keep away' was just his way of keeping the event low-key. That's his style.

I'd also suspect that he's probably going to be celibate while he's away, as he's been for some time now. But up until now, he has been free to sleep around. He hadn't made any commitments to anyone until he gave Misaki the ring.

Fuuka had an awkward but fairly simple role to play. So they made her fairly simple. Her function was to give us insight into Jin's feelings. Nobody believed that Jin loved Misaki. He couldn't explain things himself as that would be out of character. So she kept wandering up to reveal that he really loves her sister and would do anything to be by her side, such as crushing Fuuka's heart without a moment's hesitation. That he was actually so in love with Misaki that he was paralysed.

I'm not sure why Jin gets so much grief. He's more in love with Misaki than she is with him. He's been in love with her longer than she with him. But if he'd just asked her out, they'd both end up being unhappy. He's understood this whereas she has not. I'd guess that she hasn't considered it, not that there's any reason she should have. But for years, he couldn't solve this problem. After meeting Kanda and observing his trials with Shiina (and the rest of the show's happenings) Jin has been able to devise a solution, which he's been working towards for some months now.

Numerous posts have been made supporting Kanda for acting like a jerk in previous episodes, typically with the justification that he tried something once and didn't immediately win professional and industry approval. What else could he do but treat the people around him like garbage. In that light, Jin's four-year plan must seem ridiculous, beyond impossible even. Not just difficult to accomplish or doomed to failure but foolish to even imagine. That crazy Jin, next he'll be saying that a man can fly. But it works for him and Misaki seemed to be the happiest girl in the world upon hearing it. Everything else, for example the distance that will be between them is just a detail that will be overcome. This is her dream come true.
Feb 16, 2013 10:07 AM
Jun 2009
This series just went beyond stupidity. It was bad enough already, now it definetely went down the shitter.

Oh, and Jin's a fucking idiot. But then again, so is every character in this show except for Nanami and Mashiro, somewhat.

And what is this now? Street Fighter II V?
SSRB-LazyMuttFeb 16, 2013 10:11 AM
Feb 16, 2013 11:29 PM

Apr 2009
Ueeh, Yuuko failed her entrance exam. Darn shame. No consolation from her dear brother, too. More teasing for some shipping fans with that walking on the sidewalk scene with Nanami, Sorata and Mashiro. Came close to a resolution and then pulled back from the brink.

Wait... Misaki and Fuuka were twin sisters?! How did I miss this? I though Fuuka was a regular older sister, not an older twin sister. No wonder Sorata couldn't match Jin in that brief exchange of blows. He had a history of starting fights with guys who dissed Misaki. I kinda feel sorry for Fuuka, though. She and Jin ended up using each other.

That should settle things between Jin and Misaki. I almost thought it was going to end on a bittersweet note between them, but it seems Jin was planning to "catch up" to Misaki skill-wise before committing himself to a relationship. No guarantee it's going to happen the way they hope it to, though. That's the thing with long-distance relationships.

Man, I really like how several episodes in this show is a thriller. Lots of development and story twists, too.
Feb 17, 2013 1:16 AM

Jun 2010
Ok, at last Jin gave her the ring.. glad to know that
Sakurasou really is going to be taken down?? No, please don't...

Anyway I still Can't decide between Shiina X Sorata or Nanami X Sorata...
They seems to be pretty equal
Feb 17, 2013 8:53 AM
Oct 2012
that idiot jin needs a school days ending
Feb 17, 2013 9:52 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
It was kind of obvious that Yuuko would fail her exam, given the fact that even Sorata thought her level wasn't high enough. Meh, doesn't matter that much to me though. And then finally Jin and Misaki have come to an understanding with each other. The ring looks cute. And I loved the part where Sorata, Nanami, and Mashiro were trying to keep the closed...

Sorata: Are you pushing me, tickling me, or fondling me? Which is it?
Mashiro: Which do you want?

I seriously love the comedy in this show.

Ugh. I saw that demolishing Sakurasou coming when Chihiro-sensei looked kind of indifferent and said she had to keep on going to meetings. WHYYYYYYYYYYY would you demolish Sakurasou? What is the reason????
Feb 17, 2013 10:19 PM

Dec 2012
rodac said:
that's half the time the two characters in Bakuman have put their relationship on hold and at least Misaki and Jin don't have a no contact clause so presumably they can text, write, skype, or actually physically see each other at intervals during this separation.

Lol but that bakuman relationship is way dumber.... i mean like 7 years without that much talking and the furthest they have done is holding hands... o_O
Feb 18, 2013 8:35 AM

Sep 2012
WoW that escalated quickly

Feb 19, 2013 4:11 PM

Sep 2012
ohh misaki so happy for her :D
Feb 20, 2013 1:44 PM

Sep 2012
Wait, why does everybody all of a sudden hate Sorata now?

Don't tell me it's still that bullshit from ep 13...
Feb 20, 2013 3:19 PM

Oct 2012
Red_Keys said:
Wait, why does everybody all of a sudden hate Sorata now?

Don't tell me it's still that bullshit from ep 13...
Some people just like to hold grudge I guess.
Feb 21, 2013 11:35 AM

Jan 2013
Jin beat the hell out of Sorata, lol it was like combo-combo- K.O. with that upper cut lol priceless. I loved this episode, that ring scene was sooooo romantic, but dude, is it me? or did that ring look like something from a bubble gum machine? with that fancy red box i thought it was gonna at least be a decent cubic... geez Jin and cha we all knew he only went out with her sister fuuka because she was the safe version of dating misaki without actually dating her. I almost cried when misaki saw them come home holding hands. Now if only they shared a kiss after he put the ring on, I can rest in peace.
Mizu XOXO

Feb 26, 2013 10:21 AM

Apr 2012
-Atomsk- said:
Jin's reasoning is beyond stupid. Glad his issues are over with.

I'm so seconding this. He is a royal asshat, and frankly he couldn't have handled Misaki and her affections more badly.

Also, the way Mashiro keeps "accusing" Sorata every time he interacts with Nanami is irksome. Most of the times their interactions aren't even of romantic nature. As They're still not an item at this point, yet she stakes her claim on him... tch.

Other than that, Sakurasou is to be demolished? No shit Chihiro looked so glum in the start of the episode! I still have six episodes to hope for more character development for her~
Mar 5, 2013 3:18 PM

Oct 2009
I don't really think Jin's reasoning is stupid. There's a time for couples to be with each other but it's not meant to be. Sometimes a relationship ends because the timing isn't right. If they'd start dating now, it might not work out the way it's supposed to be. Both Misaki and Jin have problems and goals in life they need to resolve and fulfill. Jin just wants to wait till the time is right and become a mature, reliable boyfriend/man/whatever for Misaki.

..At least, that's how I see it.
Mar 10, 2013 7:51 AM

Jan 2011
This episode was nice but it is getting old right now. The ending made me facepalm. Just how often does that shit happen? Blablabla drama blablabla protest blablabla condition blablabla Sakurasou can stay.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 17, 2013 5:02 PM

Sep 2012
ヽ(#`Д´)ノSORATA Y U KNO HADOKEN JIN??????
Mar 27, 2013 9:13 AM

Nov 2008
MorningGlory said:
Fujisawa has taken great interest on Mashiro's painting. This doesn't look good at all. Sooner or later, Sorata will start hating Mashiro because of this .
Apr 2, 2013 10:20 PM

Sep 2011
Its not closing, lets get real(maybe the 100th time Ive said this).
Apr 4, 2013 9:09 AM

Sep 2012
its rare when long distance relationships work, most of them brake up cause of that, there are a lot of wolves in the world who hunt lonely girls/woman just to get laid, & when they are pregnant then the wolf runs away, lonely people are weak against seduction, i mean weaker then happy normal person, same goes for the men, there are a lot of female wolves...
Apr 10, 2013 2:27 AM

Sep 2012
I hate Misaki's sister now... D:
May 10, 2013 2:25 PM

May 2012
A great episode about Misaki and Jin, they finally made contact again and Jin finally was able to give her that ring, I wonder if they'll include a happy reunion after 4 years in the anime! The flashbacks and just nice atmosphere of the whole episode was great!
May 13, 2013 11:14 AM
Nov 2012
Finally, Misaki and Jin :) I am all in now.

Its so sad that Sakurasou is going to be demolished :(
May 27, 2013 1:25 AM
Apr 2013
Awwh, that was such a cute episode. :D Sucks that Yuko didn't make it into Sui high though. :c Now it's just Nanami and Mashiro haha.
But wait, why is Sakurasou being demolished? :'c
Jun 11, 2013 5:03 PM

Sep 2011
Yay, they finally got together :D Cute scenes from the childhood :)
Still, Jin leaving soon is sad :(

Plan C again, Mashiro is so cute :3
She was also very cute when Sorata said he could almost see up her skirt. She is starting to behave like a normal, shy girl :)
Also that scene when they were holding the door: "Are you pushing me, tickling me, or fondling me?" "Which do you want?" :3

Poor Yuuko not getting in :/

Why did I expect the demolishing? :/ I guess they are gonna stop it anyway, hopefully...
Jul 11, 2013 10:15 AM

May 2013
Aw, it was pretty sweet when Jin gave Misaki the ring, but it was also hilarious when they locked those guys on the roof. What, Sakurasou is getting destroyed?
Jul 17, 2013 3:24 AM
Feb 2013
im actually glad that Sorata's sister didn't pass lol

oh crap at the ending....Sakurasou going to be taken down!?!?!?!?
Aug 27, 2013 5:49 AM

Apr 2008
Nawww what a nice ep <3

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2012

289 by Nayasianboy »»
May 21, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

641 by Wholesome_Seeker »»
May 13, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2013

402 by HandSonicPlayer »»
May 4, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2012

246 by Kristhian1_ »»
May 1, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.