Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 11, 2013 7:57 AM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Looks like finally resolved.
Feb 11, 2013 8:49 AM

Nov 2007
The guy's start to work. His sister didn't make it.

Taking care of this stubborn sempai pair. And the past story of three of them.

4 years limit to get sempai girl back, nice promise.

Oh, no. Sakurasou no more?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 11, 2013 8:51 AM
Dec 2012
Poor Yuuko. Life is tough at times.

Nice flashback, but Sorata has a short temper: he is nosey, rude and aggressive. He and Mashiro are a good couple...both each have problems. Jin was very manly in this episode, but IMO Misaki is likely to get a new bf in four years. Frailty, thy name is woman.

That overall became Ryuunosuke.

Shocking news in the end. Where will they go? Can't wait for next episode.
Feb 11, 2013 3:48 PM

Feb 2013
Woot! Jin and Misaki made up and Mashiro pouting was adorable.
Feb 11, 2013 3:49 PM

Nov 2008
eminagnam said:

Nice flashback, but Sorata has a short temper: he is nosey, rude and aggressive. He and Mashiro are a good couple...both each have problems. Jin was very manly in this episode, but IMO Misaki is likely to get a new bf in four years. Frailty, thy name is woman.

As for the new boyfriend

Heres hoping they keep following the novels though.. I dont think they will finish the main final 2 novels before the series will have ended v_v not in the mood for an anime only filler series end~
Feb 11, 2013 3:53 PM

Jul 2012
As cute as that was, am I the only one who wasn't really interested in Jin and Misaki's relationship? Now we can focus on the best girls.
Feb 11, 2013 4:15 PM

Jan 2013
I thought it was a really sweet episode but I wanted more with Shiina and Sorata.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Feb 11, 2013 4:19 PM

Sep 2011
aypex said:
As cute as that was, am I the only one who wasn't really interested in Jin and Misaki's relationship? Now we can focus on the best girls.

Was never interested in any relationship of the show honestly. I just found it entertaining to watch every week. It's extremely obvious that Sorata going to end up with Mashiro
Feb 11, 2013 4:31 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
bastek66 said:
Looks like finally resolved.
About damn time Jin manned up :)

sirwence said:
As for the new boyfriend

Feb 11, 2013 4:47 PM

Mar 2012
Finally we see Jin and Misaki come together after a very roundabout process of dealing with their own insecurities. I found the whole thing to be somewhat frustrating, but I have to admit, when it was actually resolved I was kind of touched and very happy. This series actually executes emotional scenes very well. Kudos for that.

But now that's all over with, at least we'll get the last 6 episodes to settle Mashiro vs. Aoyama. Kind of surprised that Sakurasou is going to be dismantled, but they'll find a way to stay together. I'm wondering what the next season will be though, because I'm pretty sure there's going to be material left even after this 24 episode season. Are new people going to come in to replace Gin and Misaki now that I think they'll be away?
Feb 11, 2013 4:55 PM
Oct 2010
as cute as misakis reaction was. jin is still pretty douchey. 4 more years? come on mayneeeee. teh fuck is that

but shit wtf @ next ep. sakurasou being torn down? but why
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Feb 11, 2013 4:56 PM

Nov 2008
tezann_t said:

But now that's all over with, at least we'll get the last 6 episodes to settle Mashiro vs. Aoyama. Kind of surprised that Sakurasou is going to be dismantled, but they'll find a way to stay together. I'm wondering what the next season will be though, because I'm pretty sure there's going to be material left even after this 24 episode season. Are new people going to come in to replace Gin and Misaki now that I think they'll be away?

well
Feb 11, 2013 5:03 PM

Dec 2012
well this ep just made me hate misaki even more and didn't care for jin and his bullshit anyway meh whatever.
Feb 11, 2013 5:20 PM

Jun 2012
Great episode and resolve. Feels again. And the ending!- Sakurasou must stay forever.
5/5, love it.

Feb 11, 2013 5:27 PM

Oct 2012
tsudecimo said:
well this ep just made me hate misaki even more and didn't care for jin and his bullshit anyway meh whatever.
no shit it will
Feb 11, 2013 5:37 PM

Nov 2011
PLAN B, PLAN C. Oh Mashiro, so adorable.

Wow, some issues going around with Jin and Kanda-kun. Fucking fist fight on the roof, classic. That was actually pretty funny to watch with Jin being a tough guy there. Still though, I think Kanda is only trying to talk some sense into him. That's what makes him a good friend there so of course he gives a shit.

The episode was pretty good imo. Misaki is adorable as a little girl.

Anyways, glad to see everything resolved for now although it looks like Sakurasou is facing some other issues...

TILL DEATH DO THEM APART
Stark700Feb 11, 2013 5:47 PM
Feb 11, 2013 5:43 PM

Nov 2009
Best episode so far.

Love Misaki so much, glad she finally resolved her issues. I almost shed a tear when Jin put that ring on her finger. They are by far the best couple in the show.

Also that plot twist after the credits...omg.

5/5 for this ep easily.
Feb 11, 2013 5:44 PM
Oct 2010
eminagnam said:
Indeed. And LOL at Sorata being brutal, the exchange was almost like:

Yuuko: Why didn't I pass?
Sorata: Isn't it obvious? you're too dumb, that's why.

______

BTW, I'm surprised Sorata managed to land a couple punches, his last fight with Jin wasn't really a fight and he was K.O. in an instant.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Feb 11, 2013 5:44 PM

Jul 2009
fuck yea??????????????
FINALLY SOMEONE PUNCHES SORATA. OHITFEELSGOOD.JPG
Feb 11, 2013 5:52 PM

Jan 2012
Loved seeing the Misaki x Jin flashbacks!! :D

"Sorata was shriveled and soft, I see~" lol xD

As always, loveeeeed this ep!!! xD 5/5

Feb 11, 2013 5:59 PM

Oct 2012
Man, great episode. I found it funny 1 junior male, and 2 junior females were able to hold that door for that long against 4 adults, but locking them on the roof was funny. Glad to see things getting resolved with misaki and Jin. And wow, Jin is a good fighter. Beating up 3 guys in that flashback. I'm actually surprised Kanda landed a few hits. And shit, Misaki throw a giant bolder at someone. Damn, she is so good at snowball fights
AnimeHAwk616Feb 11, 2013 6:04 PM
Feb 11, 2013 6:19 PM
Oct 2010
AnimeHAwk616 said:
I found it funny 1 junior male, and 2 junior females were able to hold that door for that long against 4 adults, but locking them on the roof was funny.
If you think about it, it was more of 1 junior male vs 1 adult. A second person has poor leverage on a small door and the rest just get in the way. XD
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Feb 11, 2013 6:22 PM

Jan 2013
Sorata - "are you pushing me, tickling me, or fondling me?! Which is it?!"
Mashiro - "Which do you want?"
Sorata - " Just push!!!"

Lol made me crack up xD
Amazing episode :)
Feb 11, 2013 6:31 PM

Jan 2013
Sorata and Nanami were acting too in sync.. almost like a new couple. I hope Sorata makes up his mind and lets Nanami down soon.
mora404Feb 11, 2013 6:41 PM
Feb 11, 2013 6:37 PM

Oct 2012
mora404 said:
Mashiro and Nanami were acting too in sync.. almost like a new couple. I hope Mashiro makes up his mind and lets Nanami down soon.
*sorata
Mashiro is someone else
Feb 11, 2013 6:42 PM

Aug 2010
I was kinda hoping Sorata would beat Jin up a little more.
Feb 11, 2013 6:55 PM

Jan 2013
I don't understand why it matters that Jin sucks at writing scripts and she's awesome at anime. He needs to get over his mediocrity. He may still suck after 4 years in college. Then what... Make her wait longer in hopes he gets better. Plus in 4 years she will keep improving and he might never catch up.
Feb 11, 2013 7:06 PM
Sep 2012
Sorata got his ass beat and the thing with Misaki and Jin was finally resolved with a happy ending... oh wait... Sakurasou is going to be demolished.
Feb 11, 2013 7:12 PM
Aug 2011
Misaki now understood what he meant when he said he wasn't good enough for her, and about time, and that ring, so cute, he even fought. Sorata and Mashiro dating, I want to see that, everyone knows it's gonna happen, sorry Nanamin, but looks like you are not gonna pass and come back to your parents, I wish it wasn't that why, but that's life, loved the episode. Sakurasou is going down... or not
Feb 11, 2013 7:15 PM

Dec 2012
mora404 said:
I don't understand why it matters that Jin sucks at writing scripts and she's awesome at anime. He needs to get over his mediocrity. He may still suck after 4 years in college. Then what... Make her wait longer in hopes he gets better. Plus in 4 years she will keep improving and he might never catch up.

yea he is just an idiot with an inferiority complex.
Feb 11, 2013 7:27 PM

Jan 2013
So sakurasou will be demolished ;/

Gu3rrit0 said:
I was kinda hoping Sorata would beat Jin up a little more.

Your avatar, every fckn time! >.<
Feb 11, 2013 7:38 PM

Oct 2012
mora404 said:
I think it's more about potential rather than comparison. I doubt he cares if misaki is way ahead of him, or is still evolving. He just wants to establish a relationship where they can work together without holding her back. I wouldn't look at it as just an inferiority complex, but rather that he's doing this just to let her reach a higher goal, without constraints from his crappy script. Imo,mhe's just looking to create a better relationship. Jin has taken it as a personal challenge to improve his script writing, which is why he's going to a different university. Now he is completely focused on improving that, whithout misaki distracting him, so Im sure he believes he will improve atleast enough to meet what misaki desires. However, it's possibly true that he does want to improve himself so that he's not completely overshadowed, but i disbelieve his feeling of inferiority is all his reasoning
AnimeHAwk616Feb 11, 2013 7:49 PM
Feb 11, 2013 7:44 PM

Dec 2010
Great episode, Jin has many faults but I'm glad they gave reasoning for them. It doesn't take away my initial opinion that what he did to Misaki for all those years was wrong but it also adds the element that they were both in the wrong, since Misaki was as oblivious as Sorata was (which of course will never be mentioned since Sorata's denseness is hated upon but for Misaki it's ok).

For people complaining about the inferiority complex's don't act as if you are perfect either, they need to give the character's faults otherwise it would be boring. Is Jin dumb for making Misaki wait? Well sure, isn't it completely unreasonable that he thinks such a way? Not really...i mean think about it, if the person he likes is that much superior then him unless he had no pride what so ever (which would be worse...) then of course he would feel inferior, it's a natural feeling...If anything It's great that he wants to better himself, he just went a little wrong in how he did it is all.

Seems we will get the Nanami drama after the Sakurasou deal, since it's clear as day what the results of her audition will be, i wonder though why Nanami fan's get upset about a pairing that never had a chance in the first place...
Feb 11, 2013 7:48 PM

Nov 2007
So cliched. Well, anyways. Enjoyed the episode during the flashback. But definitely not a must watch show anymore. The second half of the anime didn't live up to the promise.

6 more episodes to go. Oh, well.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 11, 2013 7:51 PM

Jan 2013
AnimeHAwk616 said:
mora404 said:
I think it's more about potential rather than comparison. I doubt he cares if misaki is way ahead of him, or is still evolving. He just wants to establish a relationship where they can work together without holding her back. I woudn't look at it as just an inferiority complex, but rather that he's doing this just to let her reach a higher goal, without constraints from his crappy script. Imo,mhe's just looking to create a better relationship. Jin has taken it as a personal challenge to improve his script writing, which is why he's going to a different university. Now he is completely focused on improving that, whithout misaki distracting him, so Im sure he believes he will improve atleast enough to meet what misaki desires.

You are probably right about that... Although the way he has gone about things is very frustrating.
Feb 11, 2013 7:52 PM

Jan 2011
Jin and Misaki finally made up! That 4-year promise reminds me a lot of Bakuman haha. :) It was great to see flashbacks of Misaki and Jin. So Jin actually liked Misaki but she was such a dense and highly energetic girl at the time. Fuuka liked Jin and they decided to 'go out' but Fuuka was really a replacement for Misaki to Jin. The scene with Jin fighting Sorata was very touching but I lol'd so hard at the 'Hey Shiina... I can almost see your panties.' xD
Sakurasou is getting demolished at the end of the school yeah?! WHY?!!! It looks like such an awesome dorm to be in.
Feb 11, 2013 7:53 PM

Dec 2012
shanimebib said:
So cliched. Well, anyways. Enjoyed the episode during the flashback. But definitely not a must watch show anymore. The second half of the anime didn't live up to the promise.

yea after the first 12 ep the show isn't the same for me , maybe i was expecting too much :/
Feb 11, 2013 7:56 PM

Aug 2007
aypex said:

They were my favorite couple! I love them much more than the Shiina/Nanami/Kanda love triangle. I love their history. =)
Feb 11, 2013 8:02 PM

Oct 2012
mora404 said:
You are probably right about that... Although the way he has gone about things is very frustrating.
I'm quite sure Jin was frustrated too. Considering as how he would sometimes direct his frustration towards sorata, and what he said during the fight. However, I agree that he definitely could have handled the situation better
Feb 11, 2013 8:05 PM

Jan 2013
InfiniteDestiny said:

For people complaining about the inferiority complex's don't act as if you are perfect either, they need to give the character's faults otherwise it would be boring.

I'm not acting.. I am perfect. Heh.. J/k
Feb 11, 2013 8:15 PM

Jan 2010
mora404 said:
Okay episode. A little melodramatic with the flashback essentially re-showing us stuff we already knew.

It doesn't really matter that he sucks at writing scripts. That's just the symptom. He needs to make his own path, which he can't do as long as he's tied to her and writing underwhelming scripts for her instead of developing himself. Staying there, being a flawed reflection of her, is what will keep him stuck on a track with her. Spending four years developing himself in a place geared to help push him forward will do a lot for him. It's been his weakness that has kept him at her side and stagnant for years.

For what it's worth, the whole 'catch-up' thing that this show goes on about is irritating. Jin can't catch up to Misaki any more than Kanda can catch up to Shiina. They're not on the same trajectory. There is no 'catching up' for them to do. They both need to chart their own course and develop their own talents. Jin has realised this and has taken action. Kanda seems to be working along the same lines, having finally acquired a modicum of ambition.

Didn't like the flashback. While I'm opposed to them in general, I liked this one less than most. It was unpleasant to see Fuuka being treated like used kleenex, again. At least as Jin grew older, he moved on to women who wouldn't care deeply enough about him to be hurt.

Of course, the nature of the flashback didn't help, as it casually mixed their perspectives into a thin and runny gruel. The one sort of interesting bit that came out of it was that he was very much in love with Misaki first. That sort of reminded me of Kimi ni Todoke.
Feb 11, 2013 8:44 PM
Jul 2018
Hmmm Alright Episode, Not to bad but now Likes get some real action with Mashiro xD
Feb 11, 2013 8:45 PM

May 2012
Each passing week I am getting closer to watching Aoyama lose... :(

Don't get me wrong though, I love both Shiina and Aoyama for different reasons. I wish we could get both endings to please the fans... cough *Clannad Another World *cough
Feb 11, 2013 8:49 PM

May 2008
Jin awesome as always , i always felt that no one understood how Jin felt throughout the whole show , until he finally gave that ring. Haha Nanami jumping out the window like a boss.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Feb 11, 2013 9:00 PM

Mar 2012
mora404 said:

Well, it's not so much that he'll catch up. Even Misaki admitted that Jin's scripts weren't good enough. Keeping Misaki by his side is only going to foreclose any opportunity to advance his own abilities. Jin isn't completely untalented in his own right despite his lack of confidence, so he only needs a opportunity to develop. The way he's gone about this business was stupid to say the least, but the reasoning is understandable.

Think about it this way. If he never gets the chance to improve himself, he'll be stuck in this inferiority cycle forever. It's better to lose those 4 years, devote himself to getting better, and then come back to spend the rest of his life with her as more of a complete, confident person. Those 4 years are going to suck, but at least they're now committed to one another. The ring and whatnot.

dchoy said:
I wish we could get both endings to please the fans... cough *Clannad Another World *cough

The LN isn't written with two relationship endings though? The anime would be building on nothing, not to mention how there'd be no connect to a potential season 2.
Feb 11, 2013 9:06 PM

May 2012
I don't think this show is going to have a season 2. Pretty sure 2 cour and it's done. The release of the last episode (episode 24) lines up with or is close to the final release of the LN. And really, how much more material do you have to work with? Jin and Misaki is pretty much wrapped and now you just have to deal with the obvious pairing of Mashiro and Sorata.

Yeah you are right that the LN isn't written with 2 different endings but that's what an OVA episode is for, to essentially please both sides of the ship. I mean Clannad is diff in that it's based on a VN but Sakurasou is also getting a VN (Vita and PSP) so I bet you could go different routes in that.
Feb 11, 2013 9:09 PM

Oct 2011
Nice episode. That fist fight was awesomee.

Finally done with the relationship of Misaki and JIN. We can move on to the next ones which are more interesting, eventhough we already know that it's Sorata x Mashiro. But mashiro is awesome. Also Ryuusuke x Rita is also more interesting than Misaki xJin
Feb 11, 2013 9:10 PM

Jul 2012
At least Jin's "proposal" will fuel him in the future. Dramatic as usual but awesome as well. Nice and conclusive.

Looks like more drama is about to happen with Sakurasou about to be demolished.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Feb 11, 2013 9:27 PM
Nov 2012
Anime logic: Don't worry if you fucked the older sister for a couple of years, the younger one won't mind and will probably accept you anyways. Oh, and if that wasn't enough, make sure you're a complete moron towards the girl, because she will still love you anyway, it's not like she has any friends that will make her forget about you and start looking for a much better match for her.

God, this series has the worst characters ever .. their interactions are what make the show good, but damn it they suck so much.
Feb 11, 2013 9:37 PM

Mar 2011
We're finally done with the suck-fest known as JinXMisaki. We can finally move back to the much more interesting Shiina~ And Aoyama, though, we all know how that's gonna end.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

639 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 25, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2013

227 by JoaoPedru »»
Mar 24, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

319 by Fadhil01dx »»
Feb 24, 4:09 PM

Poll: » Shiina vs Aoyama ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Genomax - Nov 13, 2012

490 by rishamr »»
Feb 19, 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.