Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 29, 2013 5:24 PM

Jan 2011
And yet another anime joins the 10/10 club.
"You watch too much."
"I don't watch enough."

Aug 9, 2013 9:31 PM
Nov 2011
wow that was epic
Sep 13, 2013 8:43 AM

May 2013
broken ribs aooohhh it must hurt alot. congrats ippo on becoming the champ why does lovemyanime has a ep 76 on hajime no ippo?
Sep 13, 2013 8:50 AM

Aug 2013
xin09 said:
broken ribs aooohhh it must hurt alot. congrats ippo on becoming the champ why does lovemyanime has a ep 76 on hajime no ippo?
Because it's what is listed as the Hajime no Ippo special on here. It's an episode showing Takamura joining the gym and training for his first fight.

Also don't forget to watch the OVA and movie if you're going to move on to the next season. They are connected to the story.
This "new era" they talk about is a load of shit. The age where pirates dream is over!? THE DREAMS OF MEN... NEVER END! AM I RIGHT?! — Marshall D. Teach
Sep 17, 2013 3:04 PM

Apr 2007
aahhh just finished rewatching the fight after about 4 years (has it really been that long?!) and it is even more amazing than I remember. The music, the voice acting, the characters, it all left me practically speechless once again.

Always good to know that something can affect you the same way even years later. Love it!
Sep 29, 2013 10:04 AM
Apr 2011
Epic Match, Music, Everything was Intense & exciting about this episode, for the first time in this few monthes i would be like FU*** YEah GO GO and was like gonna shed tears in the end :D :3 Well 10/10 For sure never ceased to amaze me .
Oct 16, 2013 8:36 PM

Aug 2009
10.10, simply amazing, astonishing, great characters, great voiceacting, great animation, great effects, great everything.
Oct 17, 2013 7:14 PM

Dec 2011
Great show. 9/10 cuz parts of it were too boring for me

Nov 17, 2013 6:28 AM

Oct 2013
This episode made me feel like i'm watching the match in the Korakuen Hall. IT'S FRIGGIN AMAZING. I've spent 4 days in front of the screen for S1 and the time i spent by watching every episodes of S1 is golden. BEST. ANIME. EVER.
Nov 18, 2013 1:09 PM

Nov 2010
koroX said:
This is awesome, I'm not really a fan of boxing, but this anime was AWESOME! OVA and season two here I come! :)
Ova, movie, and then season 2. They do recap the movie in the first 5 minutes of the second season.
Nov 25, 2013 10:40 PM

Nov 2011
Damn, what a landing punch on Sendo. It's episodes like this that gets me really fired up! Dat OST too!

A new champion is born indeed! Grats Ippo you earned that title mean. Seriously. That was an epic match and I loved almost everything about it from start to finish.

Overall, I'm rating this anime a 9/10. Great character development, action, OST, relationships, overall decent story with feelings and determination. This is definitely something I might reconsider rewatching in the future and giving the manga a try as well.
Dec 2, 2013 9:25 AM

Jan 2010
Amazing season, from the first episode to last I just couldnt catch a breath. I think now that is the best anime ever made.
Sorry for my bad english ;c
Dec 26, 2013 6:27 AM

Jun 2009
Fucking awesome match, fucking awesome anime. I still feel that the Ippo vs Date fight was probably overall better HOWEVER there were some things from this fight that were absolutely outstanding like the initial Dempsey Roll that absolutely wrecked Sendo and the final combo from Ippo (what was it? Liver Punch > Feint > Gazelle Punch > Feint > Dempsey Roll?). Too bad my prediction wasn't that accurate. Sure, the fight spilled over into the last episode like I predicted but I didn't think it would take them 15mins to get out of Korakuen Hall. Oh well. Overall, going to reiterate what I said in the first sentence, fucking awesome match, fucking awesome anime. Time for the special about Takamura's backstory.

P.S - Watch the ED, it's pretty funny :P
Feb 10, 2014 5:37 AM

Aug 2013
Awwwn, what a nice conclusion to a season. That was a wonderful ride, totally worth it. I'm already hyped for the sequels.

The club Kamogawa now have two champions! They must be proud. The coach being shy was cute :P

That combination Ippo made... Liver Blow, Gazelle Punch feint + Gazelle Punch and finally the motherfucking Dempsey Roll. That was... beautiful :')

Also, Ippo and Sendo rivalty is one of the most awesome and touching. It's like the apogee of the manliness in pure brute force.

That pic with the dog was hilarious xD

We got a conclusion for pretty much everything in that ED ; the party with all his friend, Ippo kept his promise to Kumi, the dog had a baby (did he gave him to Ippo?) and now he'll continue his journey surely through the Mondial scene.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 16, 2014 10:30 AM

Nov 2013
how many times have i watched this now
Apr 14, 2014 1:10 PM

Dec 2012
Well, it's finally over. What a ride this anime was, truly spectacular. From the characters to the fights, everything was brilliantly laid out. Time to watch the extra episode and the specials! Then, onto the next part!
Apr 28, 2014 6:28 PM

Feb 2014
EPIC FIGHT! I LOVE THIS ANIME! IPPO IS CHAMPION, HELL YEAH! WOW, I really don't know what else to say, I am overwhelmed! Absolutely Amazing!

10/10 for Hajime no Ippo! Definitely one of the best anime I've ever watched!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Jul 9, 2014 1:03 AM

Jul 2012
Amazing ending. The comedy in this show had me dying at times, and the fights were great :)
Really looking forward to watching the rest of this series along with the newer art/animation quality.
Jul 15, 2014 12:20 PM
Feb 2012
Probably the best sports anime I have ever seen. 9/10
Aug 11, 2014 8:44 PM

May 2012
Epic fight and victory! Really job well done Ippo! I do really wonder what the next season will offer for story and what I really hope is that they'll advance in the relation between Ippo and Kumi-san! But first let's see what the additional special episode 76 has to offer us!

While I really am not a fan of sports anime this anime sure was great and I really enjoyed the overall development so all in all I must say this sure was a great experience and I'm looking forward to see what will happen next in the life of Makunouchi Ippo! 9/10
Oct 21, 2014 11:23 AM

Oct 2012
Wow. What a ride. I've watched many sports anime before, but this has to be the best one I've seen, even above Hikaru no Go and Cross Game. Consistent pacing, great characters, and exciting fights. I love the fact that the show focuses so much of its time on character development, because it makes the antagonists seem like so much more than cookie cutter villains. On a sadder note, I did find the fights to be a bit repetitious after awhile. There is only so much you can do with boxing after all. I appreciate the comedy, but I wasn't too fond of the jokes. They kept things lighthearted, but they were a little too vulgar. I love the fact that this show ended up feeling cathartic by ending after Ippo won the belt. Perfect place to end the first season. All in all, I give it a spectacular 8/10 (Excellent!)
Oct 31, 2014 3:14 PM

Jul 2012
8/10. I have some mixed feelings for this series as I may have expected too much out of it. After watching most of the sports genre and also hearing so many good things about this series, I expected a bit more out of it. I'm kind of exhausted from marathoning it so I'll list out everything in point form....

Likes: Rival characters were excellent. Sendo is actually my favourite in the series. He's like the reckless, brawn, fighter type of character. He reminded me of Goro from Major but with a more mature personality. I also really liked Miyata although he got less focus as the series went on. Another character that grew on me was Takamura which started out as this annoying sexist pig (IMO) and then turned into a likable big brother character. I really like watching his matches.

I liked the show after maybe 60+ episodes in. Every match after the Date-san match was so much more interesting.

The OST's pretty good too. The ED/insert song they keep on playing grew on me.

Like other sports anime such as Major and Chihayafuru, it also has the idea of aiming to be the very best in the entire world which is a great theme.

Dislikes: Too many sexist jokes in the first half of the show. All the female characters in the show kept on being treated like objects by the males, like Kumi and the doctor. I'm glad it was toned down later on. Like I said, I really didn't like Takamura at the start because he kept on doing stupid shit and touching Ippo's dick all the time. I found those unfunny. But...The comedy definitely improved later on though. Especially Takamura's bear cosplay! Oh man.

Also, as you might have noticed, I've been praising the rival characters a whole lot and it's because I found them more interesting than our actual protagonist. I've seen the "wimpy simple-minded male lead who is actually badass" theme so many times and he's no exception. I mean I'm not critisizing him for that as this was written a long time ago so that's why those cliches are there, but I honestly didn't like him that much because he's so normal and uninteresting.

Another reason why I didn't love this show as much as I expected to is because boxing isn't that exciting for me. Action is one of my least favourite genres to watch and this one fits it too. However, it got more interesting once Ippo started developing his own techniques like the roll and Gazelle punch. Also, not a huge fan of solo sports with the exception of biking and tennis.

tl;dr Mixed feels over this series. It's not perfect and I never liked boxing that much and I still don't. But yeah, nice sports anime! It's not the top sports anime for me, but that's okay. Anyway, really interested to watch what happens even further so I'll watch the sequels~ Champion Road next!!!!
MayukaOct 31, 2014 3:21 PM
Nov 2, 2014 10:12 AM

Oct 2012
mayukachan said:
Too many sexist jokes in the first half of the show. All the female characters in the show kept on being treated like objects by the males, like Kumi and the doctor.

Action is one of my least favourite genres to watch and this one fits it too.

Same, I noticed too. Fortunately it wasn't too frequent that it bothered me significantly. I still love the show though. It's sad that you didn't particularly love it, but I completely get that the show didn't appeal to you as much. I look forward to watching Major too, which you recommended a while back!

Same here! You don't see many people say action is one of their least favorite genres, so I generally feel out of the loop there. It's not to say all action scenes are equal in their entertainment value; it's just that I personally prefer a very entertaining conversation sequence over a series of very entertaining action sequences.
Nov 4, 2014 9:05 PM

Jul 2012
toyall123 said:
It's sad that you didn't particularly love it, but I completely get that the show didn't appeal to you as much.

I really wanted to love this show more (like I expected it to get an instant 10/10 from the get go lol), but I've seen most of the other sports anime before this so it wasn't like I had a new experience or anything. ^^ I think I might have liked it if it was my first one.
May 19, 2015 12:25 PM

Dec 2012
PERFECT Dempushi Roruu!

Jun 10, 2015 4:29 PM

Feb 2014
I love this anime!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Aug 4, 2015 5:03 AM
Nov 2014
To be honest, I wasn't expecting this show to be this GOOD... I mean it was such an awesome show. Tremendous characters development, awesome fights, very likeable cast of characters and awesome OST + Great Pacing. My favourite character from the series was Sendo, he was a terrific character with interesting personalities.

9/10 for this season.
Aug 12, 2015 3:57 PM

May 2012
Between there being over 100 episodes taking into account the three seasons thus far and most of those episodes being done in an older art style, I was somewhat hesitant to get into this series. Decided to watch the first few episodes and within three I was hooked. Finished this season including the special inside of ten days.

Ignoring the recap episodes, never was there a point where I felt things were dragging or my mind wandered. The matches were awesome, the characters were great and the humor was unexpectedly some of the best I've seen in anime. My only real complaint would be how huge most of the featherweights are drawn, though that can be chalked up to style and I quickly got used to it. Easy 9/10
gettogaaraAug 12, 2015 4:06 PM
Aug 31, 2015 4:06 AM

Mar 2012
Confucius said:
Yaahhhhta!

Such a great anime. Very glad I decided to give in and rewatch it xD Hell, even the second time around it was just as epic and satisfying as it was the first time :)
Dec 29, 2015 5:43 AM

Dec 2014
That was just glorious.

Such an intense match, Such great sportsmanship from Sendo. Truly a beautiful Rivalry Ippo and Sendo have, Bringing out the best in each other.

Damn, Freaking awesome show. Screw it, I'm giving 10/10. Onto the next movies and next seasons.
Jan 24, 2016 9:40 PM

Jan 2013
Just about perfect ending to the season. 9/10
Jan 25, 2016 10:07 AM

Nov 2012
Good series...just good,expected better tbh.

7/10,a good score for normal shows coming from me,but for this show that I went into with a higher standard this was kinda disappointing (still a good show though).
Feb 17, 2016 11:03 AM

Jan 2016
Wow Great episode and a Great ending for a fantastic series.
Ippo is finally the Champ!
i didn't like the first few arcs but the later arcs were just phenomenal
Definitely one of the greatest sports anime of all time
9/10
ON TO THE NEXT ONE

kittyn said:
Great show. 9/10 cuz parts of it were too boring for me

i agree, especially during that east japan rookie king tournament arc.
Mr_ShnbFeb 24, 2016 7:05 PM
Mar 18, 2016 3:45 PM

Aug 2013
Great end to a grat series. 9/10 cause some of the training got repetitive, and some of the fights earlier on were pretty boring. Other than that though insanely good.

So, Ippo's the Japanese champ now. Wonder where he'll go from here
Jul 11, 2016 9:13 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Grandeoos finale, best fight was left for the ending, dammm!!! After a break I need to see what is in store next for sure!
10/10
Oct 30, 2016 1:22 AM

Apr 2014
Best anime series I've seen in a while. Danke, Hajime no Ippo.
8/10.
May 7, 2017 6:02 PM

May 2014
So sick! I'm glad there's 2 more series', I would not have been satisfied with this much alone. I usually don't enjoy longer shows that much, but I'm so excited for more Ippo. It's a brilliant freaking series. This is how shonen should be done - great fights AND great characters.

Aaron said:
nice anime but i wish it was a bit more unpredictable in the first 35 episodes or so (apart from the miyata loss)

Agreed, which is why I might leave it at a 9/10 instead of 10/10. Not sure though, the awesome stretch at the end might outweigh/excuse the predictable early episodes.
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
May 11, 2017 11:52 AM

May 2016
Best fight ever. 9/10
May 15, 2017 9:35 AM

Jan 2013
This was a very satisfying ending to me. Couldn't be better.

Overall it's a good series, but the only thing bothering me is Ippo's character. No matter how you cut it, it's just not fit to be a boxer. Unless he develops which Im sure he will anyway, having a wimp champion is ehh for my tastes.

That aside, Imma give this a solid 8.
Jun 5, 2017 12:04 PM

Mar 2013
The anime was just outstanding.
No matter how eloquently I try to write about anime, it stills feels injustice to grasp it from the writing than actually experiencing it yourself.

Hajime no Ippo was truly phenomenal. The characters were all distinct and likable. And the fact that our main comedy trio, despite fooling around most of the time, supporting each other when it really counts is what makes you admire their bonds.

One thing that I absolute love about anime was how it tries to characterize Ippo's rivals from throughout the start of the journey to right until the ending. Everyone has their own goals, aspirations and everyone is determined to achieve them.

The action was good. And I swear some of the matches Ippo fought so far could be taken as the finale of the anime lol. And to maintain that intensity consistently while delivering one notch higher action every time was what anime seriously good at. I just have way too many favorite fights in it! haha

I wasn't expecting it but damn, the humor in anime is just too damn fine. It has been a while I enjoyed the comedy this much XD
The way anime incorporates the OST at perfect and emotional times was well handled.

When Ippo finally wins the belt and the first ED kicks in, it couldn't get any more emotional and you realize how far you've come with Ippo :')

10/10
Oct 21, 2017 8:58 AM

Jul 2015
I teared up there, holy shit that was amazing.
Oct 24, 2017 6:53 PM

Apr 2014
if i had to sum up this anime: courage...determination....and....penis jokes

anyways, a very solid sports anime overall. it was a bit too predictable for my taste apart for maybe when Miyata lost and broke down. i guess it was also unpredictable in a sense that Ippo won too many times, when he should have lost. i always like a loss here and there in sports anime, but the constant wins in this anime weren't too bad

one thing that really bothered me is the fact that Miyata was introduced as his main rival and even had his own character arc, but he still hasn't had a real match with Ippo. he even suffers through his diet to stay in the same weight class when he should honestly be in the one above it. and also the fact that Volg disappeared so quickly when he honestly had the most potential imo

another small thing, his mom never watched his match a single time. it's just strange to me i guess

but the enjoyment aspect of this anime was definitely 10/10 most of the time. i have to applaud how great the soundtrack was, it fit the mood of boxing so perfectly

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2017 5:47 PM

Jun 2015
Finished the season last week, dem feels!!!! This episode was perfect, from the start to the end.
I really enjoyed HnI a lot. There wasn't a single episode that I found boring, they were all amazing and very entertaining. It definitely went to my favs, probably is the top anime I've seen (not counting mangas). Not really a fan of boxing unlike Slam Dunk (bball) which I already knew I would probably like, so HnI really surprised me big time and made this ride frenetic, and made me appreciate this sport and feel what a possible life & career of a boxer can be like. Probably one of the most tough sports to ever live for in all senses.
I can't believe the manga is still on going and with 1000+ chapters so I was really happy when I saw that. I don't know what's next to come but holy shit this is pure epicness.
There is so many likeable characters, from the Kamogawa quarteto (love their comradery and relationship, many times sharpy because of Takamura's cruelty in the good sense), to the trainers, Miyata and several of their rivals like Sendo, Volg and Mashiba. This is really a great product that I would recommend anyone to watch.
Soundtrack is great, animation is great, the humour is hilarious and I love the drawing style and design.

Congralutions for the belt Ippo, can't believe how far he has come and how much hard work he's put on for more than 2 years to get through all the difficulties.
A perfect 10/10. Thanks for your creation George Morikawa.
Feb 4, 2018 1:17 AM

Jul 2016
AMAZING ENDING TOO A EVEN MORE AMAZING ANIME!
That episode was amazing. I really hope Sendo returns at one point.
His role in this season felt just as big a Ippo's. In fact he developed more by the end.

Also that last barrage of punch that toke down Sendo was an amazing showcase of all Ippo has learned

Honestly I don't know what else to say. This was easily one of the best episodes in not only Hajime no Ippo, but in all of anime!
Mar 14, 2018 2:42 PM

Oct 2015
Makonouchi fought well but I can't take away Sendo's spirit and desire to be strong. I have lots of respect for Rocky, his defeats don't feel like one even though he broke 2 ribs in this one and became unconscious in the previous.

I think Ippo really deserved this title especially since he lost to Date and pulled himself together. I hope things go well between him and Kumi, but he must watch out for that vampire oniichan Mashiba. But I really wanted Ippo to face Miyata ( his rival) or Date( revenge) in the final ep, but nonetheless it was an epic match.

Overall I loved this series and think it's a masterpiece, with every match captivating and can't help wanting for Ippo to win badly. I loved the humor also with Takamura, Aoki and Kimura killing it with their witty comedy. I love how the series develops each character, even if you are ippo's opponent you were given room to tell your part on why you fight. Takamura was my fav, and the match that I enjoyed was between Ippo and Vorg.

10/10. Its been so long since I've seen a 10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 9, 2018 12:08 PM
Dec 2014
7/10 because the fights start good then start to drag on with Will Power bullsh*t I enjoyed more the comedy of the anime then the fights themselves.
Aug 16, 2018 3:53 AM

Mar 2017
And thus concludes an epic season of Hajime no Ippo! At the time of writing this, I am somewhere at the beginning of season 3. My favorite will still remain this first season, it can create hype like no other and is just a really damn good comedy as well. Such an emotional rollercoaster!

Ippo deserved to win, and he really grew. A little bit as a character, and A LOT as a boxer. But the series wouldn't be as great as it is without its amazing supporting characters. I love the sheer badassery of Takamura, or the hilarious antics of Aoki. They're great!

To everyone who reads this: Don't forget to watch the "special" episode 76! It's a pretty solid Takamura episode.

9/10 - I loved it to bits, but it had some issues with excessive flashbacks, the "sheer willpower" wins the day cliches, and some stuff that went nowhere and is unresolved. Still, it's one of my absolute favorites!
Aug 16, 2018 11:53 AM

Dec 2014
just finished this episode and im speechless
truely a great anime made by blood boil in every match
all the matches were fantastic especially ippo vs sendo and of course ippo vs dante was great
that gazelle punch while being in the corner never would have seen it coming

ill be continuing this series alright
Send me Friend requests!!!!
Nov 18, 2018 11:57 PM

May 2013
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy birthday, Ippo :D

A shiny new belt.
Best present ever lol X)

10/10
Nov 22, 2018 7:49 AM

Oct 2012
Ippo's last punch is so powerful, Sendo looks like he bounced off the ground.. or maybe he did

"Let's meet again, Makunoichi"
Kyaaaa, fujoshi united! xD
"In ring of course"
D'awwww :(

But Sendo and his broken ribs?
He just went home like nothing happened??

Probably best birthday ever for Ippo
Kinda sad not everyone is at Ippo's birthday
"Signature removed"
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

notestinet - Aug 27, 2008

64 by iamnameers »»
Apr 27, 6:18 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo Episode 49 Discussion

Zerachroma - Jul 16, 2008

45 by NotNilfgaardian »»
Apr 24, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zerachroma - Jul 14, 2008

80 by DizzleSB »»
Apr 24, 7:15 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo Episode 58 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zerachroma - Jul 17, 2008

71 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
Apr 22, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo Episode 10 Discussion

notestinet - Aug 27, 2008

39 by PlasticRobot »»
Apr 12, 9:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.