Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 12, 2018 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Okabe does make up his mind to go all the way to the past...Such a time gap seemed almost impossible between 2036 to 2011. Seems Okabe still remembers the important times he spent with Kurisu in the past.

At the moment, the Amadeus is his best ally to get the job done.

One thing I will say though is that Okabe regained a new sense of confidence in his timeline. The old Okabe :D (even though he still looks like a mess in the future timeline) Oh and he definitely deserved that punch from Daru lol
Stark700Sep 12, 2018 11:24 AM
Sep 12, 2018 10:03 AM

Apr 2015
Guess who's back?

MWAHAHAAHAHAHA KYOUMA!

They used an original the A.I. mechanic and it's pretty sweet and nostalgic how Kurisu, even dead, still helps Okabe.

Directing improved that's for sure.

The time machine exploded again.

MxxxstationSep 12, 2018 1:56 PM
Sep 12, 2018 10:17 AM

Nov 2015
This episode is a masterpiece.

Everything in this episode is awesome!!...
Sep 12, 2018 10:28 AM

Sep 2018
OMFG! Loli Suzuha FTW!

Sep 12, 2018 10:35 AM

Jul 2016
Great episode, I'm glad to see more improvements from the last episodes, even if it's 21st one out of the 23rd. Hououin Kyouma, our MADDO SAIENTISTO is finally back, the Re-Awakening scene turned out to be better than I thought. I was actually kind of worried that it wouldn't be as good as it was in the VN, because Suzuha and the other lab members weren't there, but it turned out to be pretty good. Seeing Moeka in that suit was kind of unexpected for a VN player, along with the fact that the time machine *presumably* got destroyed AGAIN. Well, after all, this is why I love Steins;Gate, even if I've played the VN, it still manages to surprise me, and make me wait for more episodes. That's all, El Psy Kongroo!

5/5
Sep 12, 2018 11:12 AM

Nov 2016
Hahahahaha, the mad scientist Kyouma is finally back.

Gotta be the best fucking moment so far, my hype is also back, the rest will hopefully deliver too.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 12, 2018 11:13 AM

Sep 2017
Your next line is "Don't move so quickly. For the past 11 years, you've been out cold in a coma." to iu!
Sep 12, 2018 11:20 AM

May 2017
The madman is back. It's so cool. You sonuvabitch.
Sep 12, 2018 11:21 AM

Feb 2013
Kyouma is back, I missed him.
Sep 12, 2018 11:23 AM
a car

Jun 2017
Re:Awake Hype!

I feel like they should've stuck with the original VN's Jojo pose, but to be honest this Re:Awake is arguably better than the VN. Miyano was beyond fantastic this episode, which may be because this anime is likely his last official performance as Okabe in his career. (Don't quote me on that)

Somehow White Fox still manages to make it not obvious at all what's going to happen next, even to VN players. TWO EPS LEFT! (Also it turns out Okabe running in the OP was him running to the time leap machine this episode?)

Sep 12, 2018 11:25 AM

Dec 2013
MUUUUAAAAAAAAHHAAHAHAHA
I loved the return of our lord and saviour Hououin Kyouma!
The explosion at the end was obviously a fake out, they actually made it to the past this time, White Fox is just trolling VN readers right now lmao.
Sep 12, 2018 11:27 AM

Jan 2013
I don't remember any of this stuff from the novel. Okabe was suppose to send a D-mail from 2036 back to 2011 telling himself that the world can be fooled and that would have been the end of that entire route/timeline.
Am I WAY off the mark or did they add this time leaping 3000 times thing to save Mayuri just for the anime? Looks like they might be going for a completely different ending at this point.
Either way I'm hugely disappointed with this show. They didn't adapt the best parts from the novel and I doubt this could be saved in the remaining 2 episodes.
Sep 12, 2018 11:28 AM

Feb 2017
3000 timepleaps?! What a madman!

Houoin Kyouma is back!

EL PSY KONGROO
Sep 12, 2018 11:34 AM

Oct 2011
And this is the episode that everyone was waiting for.

This episode reminds you why Steins Gate was so good, not only because of the plot twists, but because of Kyouma himself, without him S;G is just not the same, now that he's back, this just got a 100x better.
I swear to god I couldn't stop smiling when Okabe switched to Kyouma, everything afterwards was perfection, also I spilled my coke when he said "El Psy Congroo", like the way he said "Congroo", I couldn't hold it

What a masterpiece of an episode 10/10.
-ZET-Sep 12, 2018 11:39 AM
Sep 12, 2018 11:43 AM
Oct 2015
vegeta8639 said:
I don't remember any of this stuff from the novel. Okabe was suppose to send a D-mail from 2036 back to 2011 telling himself that the world can be fooled and that would have been the end of that entire route/timeline.
Am I WAY off the mark or did they add this time leaping 3000 times thing to save Mayuri just for the anime? Looks like they might be going for a completely different ending at this point.
Either way I'm hugely disappointed with this show. They didn't adapt the best parts from the novel and I doubt this could be saved in the remaining 2 episodes.

Oh people. Cant you stop being a b*tch? Let people enjoy the revival of our lord hououin kyouma
Sep 12, 2018 11:49 AM

Jan 2016
EPISODE OF THE FUCKING CENTURY
Sep 12, 2018 11:55 AM

Jul 2016
Hououin Kyouma's Introduction

that's how you do character development
Sep 12, 2018 11:55 AM

Jul 2017
Hououin Kyouma is fucking back! Thank god!

Steins;Gate never felt the same without him.

This episode was pretty good and definitely much better than its past few weeks.

Everything feels too cheesy but Okabe becoming Kyouma really was the best thing that could happen. The ending was quite interesting too.

Steins;Gate 0 is a massive flop this season but atleast with Hououin Kyouma back, this could redeem itself in some ways atleast.
Sep 12, 2018 11:56 AM

Feb 2016
vegeta8639 said:

The leap happened in the VN too but they immediately cut to 2011 without showing anything. The anime did a great job at expanding that part.
We might still see that other thing done in the next episode.
Sep 12, 2018 12:01 PM
Apr 2017
Now this episode is quite original for anime.
suryaiyer13Sep 12, 2018 12:40 PM
Sep 12, 2018 12:10 PM
Nov 2016
There's no way the time machine can be destroyed right? They did a whole montage of being ahead of the professor, and things were looking good. I'm convinced that the jump was successful and they were just blue balling us for a cliffhanger. I hope that's the case. Glad to see Kyouma back though.
weed lol
Sep 12, 2018 12:11 PM

Jan 2013
Finally, a really good episode!
Finally, Kyouma is back.
Sep 12, 2018 12:14 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Bloody hell, this was exceptional! Classical Steins;Gate, and most importantly the Crazy Mad Scientist Hyouin Kyouma, are back in glorious fashion!

3000 time leaps to start off the episode, jeez. Maho really made the whole journey a lot more easier, so props to her. Seeing young Suzuha, though, was just the best moment of the episode after the return of Hyouin Kyouma obviously! Moving on, seeing just the re-introduction of Kyouma just got me pumped up and all. I just can’t describe the rush of feelings that hit me, because it was just absolutely sensational! I loved how he winked and said ‘Congroo’ though, a perfect shot and props to the VA for making it even better. Seeing FB(Ferdinand Braun) and Lab Member 008 working together with Okabe to capture Leskinen was brilliant but I’m a little worried about Suzuha and Mayushi now, thanks to the cliffhanger. Dammit! Another torturous week of waiting for more S;G.

I’m definitely hyped and looking forward to seeing how this show will end. S;G 0 may have been a flop but at least with this, there’s still room for redeeming and doing wonders! Here’s hoping for the very best!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 12, 2018 12:16 PM

Aug 2015
vegeta8639 said:

He doesn't send a d-mail in 2036. He sends a d-mail in 2025.
And the time leap happened in the VN too. They just only cut back to 2011 in the VN without doing "the road to there". But it expanded it good and the VN needed that. It's one of those moments when the anime adds something original that the VN lacked terribly, a little like that Alpha WL episode. Or some of Daru's character parts.

Anyway, these last two episodes redeemed the last few horrible episodes that made me want to drop the anime. I'm glad it isn't a complete fall into infinite abyss at the very least.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Sep 12, 2018 12:23 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
HE'S BACK! And it was about time. God knows we've missed him. Stein's Gate is just not the same without his operatic voice, over the top arm movements and extensive use of engrish. Hallelujah!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 12, 2018 12:23 PM
Jun 2009
The best episode so far. I was confused at the beggining with backward time travel, though it didnt spoil my perception. And OMFG!!!!! The return of MAD SCIENTIST HOUIN KYOMA, was the best thing in entire season. I almoust cried from happieness. Well done!
Sep 12, 2018 12:37 PM

Feb 2016
EL
PSY
CONGROO

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy HE'S BACK!

Oh my fucking god that cliffhanger ;_;
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Sep 12, 2018 12:38 PM

Jun 2014
THE SO COOL, MAD SCIENTIST SONUVABITCH IS BACK!!! It's so refreshing to see Okarin going back to embracing his Hououin Kyouma persona.

I feel like the end of the episode is a fakeout for suspenseful cliffhanger purposes, it would piss me off if they managed to seemingly do everything right only for none of it to matter.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 12, 2018 12:45 PM

Aug 2018
LMAO!!! I have been waiting this scene for so long.And it is fuxking worth it.
Welcome back the mad scientist HOUOIN KYOUMA!!!
Btw I figging like that Maho's reaction to Okarin.

"O..Okabe san?
You the loli girl.
Hu..huh?
Yee you..who else here is a loli girl but you?
Bring my lab coat,at once!AHAHAHA!!
Wh..what the heck!!!?

XDD lol
Sep 12, 2018 12:47 PM

Jan 2017
I have so many good things to say about this episode, specially the soundtrack choice... but all I can think of is how Okabe had a Joseph Joestar moment with Kurisu.
*laughs in Dimple*
Sep 12, 2018 12:49 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Finally the moment all VN readers and non-VN readers were waiting for. It might have been missing some people in the room during the awakening, but it felt even more satisfying than the VN. I think the 20 episode wait made this awakening all the more satisfying I guess. Overall this anime has done a better job than the VN, and it's not really the anime's fault that it couldn't cover some of the cooler routes and endings from the VN since the anime can only focus on the main two routes.

First of all, glad that they actually showed the 3000 leaps part, unlike the VN where it just skips to 2011. Second of all, Miyano Mamoru's voice actor was fucking amazing in this episode. It was so goddamn silly that it manages to make me laugh my ass off while I was already tearing up from Kyouma's revival. Time for the climax!
Sep 12, 2018 1:00 PM

Jan 2013
Tony_SansNom said:

And the time leap happened in the VN too. They just only cut back to 2011 in the VN without doing "the road to there". But it expanded it good and the VN needed that. It's one of those moments when the anime adds something original that the VN lacked terribly, a little like that Alpha WL episode. Or some of Daru's character parts.

Anyway, these last two episodes redeemed the last few horrible episodes that made me want to drop the anime. I'm glad it isn't a complete fall into infinite abyss at the very least.

I guess I'm just confusing things then. Still, I don't get what the point of any of this is. Time leaping 25 years is completely worthless and all it did was put him in the exact same position he was in before going to the future 2 episodes ago.
He already knows that the world can be fooled so the only thing he needs to do for this timeline is send that D-mail. And he could have done that from 2025 apparently so everything else he's doing now is unnecessary.

But yea, the anime added some new things but in exchange they scrapped many things like the entire part where Putin uses a time machine to prevent the Soviet Union from collapsing and then invades Japan which I'm pretty sure happens in the main route. Also entire scenes with Maho were cut or shortened so even if they try to leave in the romance in at this point, it will feel completely empty.
This anime has been a major disappointment ever since episode 13 and I just want it to be over at this point.
Sep 12, 2018 1:08 PM
Nov 2017
This was easily the best episode of steins;gate 0 for me. Seeing Okabe come back was so emotional and the music backdrop gave it the most intense feel. Honestly, this episode was amazing, super satisfying, and the VA did an amazing job with everything.
Sep 12, 2018 1:09 PM

Aug 2015
vegeta8639 said:
I guess I'm just confusing things then. Still, I don't get what the point of any of this is. Time leaping 25 years is completely worthless and all it did was put him in the exact same position he was in before going to the future 2 episodes ago.
He already knows that the world can be fooled so the only thing he needs to do for this timeline is send that D-mail. And he could have done that from 2025 apparently so everything else he's doing now is unnecessary.

It isn't unnecessary. Mayuri still needs to slap Okabe instead of telling everyone to stop putting all the weight of the world onto his shoulders. And it's there that Suzuha talks about the d-mail, that Okabe should now be able to see. If Mayuri and Suzuha die there, they can't go back to that time and in the end, Okabe won't take a second look at his future d-mail.

But yea, the anime added some new things but in exchange they scrapped many things like the entire part where Putin uses a time machine to prevent the Soviet Union from collapsing and then invades Japan which I'm pretty sure happens in the main route.

I am very disappointed that they didn't include the Soviet world line but it's from Pandora's Box which has been totally ignored. It also hints at the music too.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Sep 12, 2018 1:11 PM
Jul 2018
That was one heck of fabulous Mad Scientist revival! can't say enough how I really liked that moment. Felt like the show itself is slowly coming back like before.

The ending was really shocking and adds another whole new mystery..
Sep 12, 2018 1:22 PM
Apr 2017
vegeta8639 said:
Tony_SansNom said:

But yea, the anime added some new things but in exchange they scrapped many things like the entire part where Putin uses a time machine to prevent the Soviet Union from collapsing and then invades Japan which I'm pretty sure happens in the main route. Also entire scenes with Maho were cut or shortened so even if they try to leave in the romance in at this point, it will feel completely empty.
This anime has been a major disappointment ever since episode 13 and I just want it to be over at this point.

Boy don't worry about it. It is all part of the story, including the failed rescue of mayuri at the end of episode

Tony_SansNom said:
vegeta8639 said:

It isn't unnecessary. Mayuri still needs to slap Okabe instead of telling everyone to stop putting all the weight of the world onto his shoulders. And it's there that Suzuha talks about the d-mail, that Okabe should now be able to see. If Mayuri and Suzuha die there, they can't go back to that time and in the end, Okabe won't take a second look at his future d-mail.

But yea, the anime added some new things but in exchange they scrapped many things like the entire part where Putin uses a time machine to prevent the Soviet Union from collapsing and then invades Japan which I'm pretty sure happens in the main route.

I am very disappointed that they didn't include the Soviet world line but it's from Pandora's Box which has been totally ignored. It also hints at the music too.

They have totally wasted the fubuki character too, where she was to be used by leskinen for making a time machine- observer combo pack.

Mod edit: merged double posts
BrandonSep 13, 2018 9:29 AM
Sep 12, 2018 1:47 PM
Apr 2016
we had to wait 20 episodes to have good episodes... the last two were really good, it should have been like this from the ep1
Sep 12, 2018 1:59 PM
Jun 2016
Easily the best of Steins;Gate 0 for me. This episode was SO EPIC! It's on the same level as episode 23 of the original Steins;Gate for me. The backwards time jumping, the tension, the stakes, the use of music, the return of the mad scientist and the cliffhanger ending; everything was just incredible.

10/10
Sep 12, 2018 2:08 PM
Feb 2018
the best episode of steins gate 0 yet, and like i said last episode, while i'm happy the show is fnally showing it's true potential, the fact that we watched 20 episodes before this and only have 2 episodes left is really annoying and disappointing.
Sep 12, 2018 2:09 PM
Apr 2017
KYOUMA is back !!!
Sep 12, 2018 2:16 PM

Jan 2013
Tony_SansNom said:

Mayuri still needs to slap Okabe instead of telling everyone to stop putting all the weight of the world onto his shoulders.

That whole thing was honestly stupid even in the original. I don't see why just seeing the video wouldn't be enough.

Tony_SansNom said:

I thought it was suppose to go after that Christmas party with Maho on the roof but they just cut the whole thing out. Maybe I am mixing some things up but they're definitely cutting things out from the other routes which is a much bigger deal here than in the original because in the original they were basically short extras tacked onto the end of character arcs which were unavoidable anyway.

The story didn't really lose much by leaving them out but 0 has more traditional routes where there's an entirely different story that you go down during each one and now we're missing a ton of information that we would normally have at this point.
Sep 12, 2018 2:29 PM

Apr 2015
Fun fact this was the "3000 leaps" in the VN xd

Sep 12, 2018 2:44 PM
Aug 2016
*cough*
what the fuck are you doing my dude
Sep 12, 2018 2:48 PM

Nov 2016
It was a great moment, but wtf. Why is this even on AD ? XD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 12, 2018 2:51 PM

Aug 2017
Sorry if posted on AD, forgot that each anime had its section.
Can this thread be merged with the current one? Ofcourse delete my introduction and just move the replies.
Sep 12, 2018 2:58 PM

Jul 2017
Recondito said:
Sorry if posted on AD, forgot that each anime had its section.
Can this thread be merged with the current one? Ofcourse delete my introduction and just move the replies.

just wait for a mod to merge it, they will usually do it once they notice it (or they might just lock this idk)

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Sep 12, 2018 2:59 PM

Aug 2017
3000 leaps lol.

Hououin Kyouma is back!!
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 12, 2018 3:08 PM
Apr 2016
This single episode just made Steins Gate back into the masterpiece it's meant to be
Sep 12, 2018 3:09 PM

Feb 2017
absolutely loved this episode! so glad that kyouma is back !!!

placeholder text
Sep 12, 2018 3:26 PM

Apr 2015
So VN readers answer me this please:

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

104 by Twerms »»
Apr 21, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.