Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2018 1:22 AM

Apr 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The motorcycle woman is back! We know at least it isn't Shining Fingers.

No one died but Okabe is truly mad as he is willing to be hostage and tortured as he knows well that he cannot die until 2036.

An improvement from last week, but it feels a bit rushed, not saying it's bad. Plus director and direction style improved a lot now.

That scene at the airport, loved it, but wasn't ready to say goodbye to Kurisu :(

Aug 8, 2018 6:02 AM

May 2015
There was "bed" scene. :) Kind of. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 8, 2018 7:35 AM

Feb 2013
Maho-tan knows the truth now.
The laptop is gone now, so that solves everything?
Aug 21, 2018 12:12 PM

Dec 2014
Enjoyed it thoroughly …final episode to go.. I am like there is something about the new girl kagari shiina..surely there is something…I am hoping for a grand finale
Aug 22, 2018 7:24 PM
Jul 2018
had one of the better twist with Maho's departure and also can't predict how will it continues as main source got destroyed. Also I am having sad feeling about Mayuri who seemed down at the end when looking Okabe.. (not to mention, not enough Tuturu..)
Aug 25, 2018 11:39 AM

Aug 2017
It was an intense episode. Okabe tell Maho the truth. The laptop is destroyed. I think that the woman in black is Judy or Yuki. Good bye Amadeus.

NurguburuAug 25, 2018 11:42 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 7, 2018 10:09 AM

May 2012
Great episode and a good goodbye, really interesting development and I do wonder what we'll see next! I do just now only realise that Yuki Amane might actually be one of the masked that assaulted them with two times having bandages in sight where she might have gotten hurt, but then again so did they tip off that American woman on the plain with her hand under the blanket...

I do wonder what kind of reveal we'll be facing for that!
Oct 28, 2018 6:37 AM

Sep 2018
I am just having a feeling in the back of my mind but i think Yuki Amane is the woman in the helmet. More because of the fact that her hand injuries are quite a bit coinciding with that of the attacker...

(Please guys don't tear me apart... This ain't a spoiler but a mere speculation... Don't blame me if my hunch is right...

Dec 9, 2018 1:33 PM

Aug 2018
Okabe continues to be his own worst enemy. I really wish someone.. anyone would kick is ass.
Dec 9, 2018 3:08 PM
Nov 2016
NoviSun said:
Okabe continues to be his own worst enemy. I really wish someone.. anyone would kick is ass.

Yeah, Okabe needs a good slapping, something tells me you will LOVE episode 18.
Dec 16, 2018 3:45 PM

Nov 2016
So the show make us think that Yuki is the motorcycle lady because they have the same injury. but I think is not true, it would make no sense at least. We'll see. Anyways this episode was good the romantic relation between Maho and Okarin advanced, she is too similar to Kurisu in some ways that's charming.
Dec 26, 2018 4:32 AM

Mar 2016
Oh wow, I half thought that Daru is capable to hack open the password in the last ep, then after seeing the 'hideout' which is a cosplay shop, I kinda thought that the hacker is Daru, turns out it's actually Daru! What a super hacker with a super hidden hideout!

Finally, Okabe revealed the truth of what has happened to Maho! It's about time indeed Daru.

The black squad is an American squad desperate to get Kurisu's laptop, meanwhile, the white squad is a Russian squad desperate to stopping the American to succeed building a time machine by destroying Kurisu's laptop (which they did). This conflict is so absurd, it's like a childish struggle between opposite sides that has the same goal. Again I hope that injury that Yuki has is not from Suzuha's kick while Yuki was working as one of the black squad members.
Props to Okabe for standing up and being brave in an attempt to save Maho's life and guarantee themselves a safe escape. He moves quickly to dodge the bullets there too.

The conversation between Okabe and Maho in her bedroom is such a relaxing one IMO. Though they had their fair share of being terrified from all the events they've gone through, at least none has died, and only receive some injuries. Also, this is probably the closest Okabe and Maho has ever been so far in terms of relationship. They have a close friend type of relationship.
Maho is a good tsundere, just like Kurisu, she didn't punch Okabe or anything when he almost saw her naked. None of that stupid cliche tsundere bullshit.

Really heartwarming goodbye there with Amadeus... So Okabe is attempting to study at their university?!
Jan 25, 2019 8:04 PM

Aug 2017
oh no... is he gonna get with maho? please no. if he gets with anyone besides makise, it should be mayuri. and even then, it just doesnt feel right.

Mar 23, 2019 9:30 AM

Jan 2013
Maho finally gets to know about the stuff Okabe had to deal with, the time machine being real.
Laptop finally gets destroyed, seems the Russians were happy to destroy it if it meant nobody got it.
Very lovely scene between Maho and Okabe.

Seems like Yuki isn't the only one with an injury, the final scene with the female professor hiding her hand makes me think she's involved aswell (may have been the one attacking Okabe and the gang in the alleyway)
Apr 3, 2019 11:07 PM

Jan 2017
what the hell steins Gate!!!oh well,,,
the Animation was done abit poorly compared to 1st season,,i can see that!!whatever!!i hope they never show this Maho-tan's face again,,stupid lolita!! ;_;
Apr 4, 2019 7:11 PM
Mar 2019
quazisourav said:
what the hell steins Gate!!!oh well,,,
the Animation was done abit poorly compared to 1st season,,i can see that!!whatever!!i hope they never show this Maho-tan's face again,,stupid lolita!! ;_;
Calm down bub, don't speak reckless on my girl Maho, on Jah 😠
May 5, 2019 5:55 AM

May 2010
Maho deserves to know the truth, glad Okarin finally told her the story.
May 6, 2019 5:37 PM
May 2016
OMG, am I the only one who noticed, tf her name Suzuha's mother her hand at the airport is bandaged and one of the government biker people, the Russians shot, that was her right hand. Just a coincidence? or is this thing happening right now?
May 6, 2019 5:39 PM
May 2016
dahatter said:
OMG, am I the only one who noticed, tf her name Suzuha's mother her hand at the airport is bandaged and one of the government biker people, the Russians shot, that was her right hand. Just a coincidence? or is this thing happening right now?

Never mind someone already mentioned it, rip
Jun 21, 2019 5:12 AM

Feb 2019
This could just be a wild guess, but what if the motorcycle woman is Yuki Amane? (Hashida's future wife)? She got a "scratch" from work, and the motorcycle woman got shot by the Russians. Coincidence?
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Jul 4, 2019 8:12 AM

Dec 2018
That's it, my guess is both of them are involved, Yuki and that Judy. Also both of them are American, hmmmm......

The Russian already had Kurisu's time machine theory paper, so they destroy it so nobody except them will make it.

Maho probably already figured that Okabe is in love with Kurisu. Yet she's trying to board in to the same ship as Kurisu's. Just like Sarileli trying to match Mozart.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Aug 13, 2019 3:31 AM

Mar 2015
Knew it! The American chick was the motorcycle suit girl!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 11, 2019 4:13 AM

Jul 2015
Yuki got her hand injured, can't believe it could be her..... I really hope they are misleading us with all those hints....
On the other hand they also hide the female professor hand in the airplane shot

Sep 15, 2019 1:40 AM
Dec 2017
this ep so romantic

and never thought Mayuri loved Okabe that way
Jan 14, 2020 10:19 AM

Dec 2010
I'm kind of glad I'm not the only one noticing the animation quality drop, as I'm usually very oblivious to this aspect in the first place. Probably a big reason behind this is the budget that Steains;Gate's sequel is supposed to have, considering the original's success. Still, I have to point out that Maho's emotions were expressed in a breathtaking quality for the most part.

On another note, the Amadeus AI is simulating human behaviour way too well.
MeritasJan 14, 2020 10:23 AM
Mar 7, 2020 3:21 PM

Aug 2017
The transition from the previous ep. was kinda rushed. I also wonder just how much did Okabe reveal to Maho.
Most of all I just don't understand these fanservice inserts between Maho and Okabe (he saw her naked in the shower, supposedly). Just what is the point? It feels unnatural given the overall mood of the episode. Or, to be precise, this fanservice is the reason that any mood fails to be established. I can't get serious about what's happening because military assaults are casually juxtaposed with fanservice, and I can't get into the steins gate otaku mode for the very same reason. Also there's a noticeable quality drop in drawings (especially from the distance) and animation.
Apr 19, 2020 2:14 PM

Dec 2019
It took me 11 episodes to realize how much i miss Kurisu, even tho she gets a little screen time as an AI what ever it's called i miss her, it ain't a SG show without our tsundere :/
                                                         🖤   

Sep 24, 2020 10:04 AM

Oct 2019
Ulquiorra said:
Maho-tan knows the truth now.
The laptop is gone now, so that solves everything?

Not necessarily, there is also the virtual Kurisu of Amadeus.
Sep 24, 2020 10:41 AM

Oct 2019
Another very good episode. I love how the writers tease us over who the helmeted motorcycle lady might be, though the last shot when they focused on the Professor Judy Reyes' hidden right hand on her lap was kind of on the nose. They even teased Yuki Amane, Suzuha's mom! Assuming the artists of the episode paid close attention to detail it cannot be Yuki because the motorcycle lady was shot in the wrist, not in her hand. Yuki was (allegedly) cut in the same hand but she had only bandaged her hand, not her wrist.

Furthermore we have been given no hints about Yuki, and assuming she was secretly involved her daughter Suzuka should have known about it. However there have been hints implicating the American "professor of psychophysiology" Judy Reyes that Maho-san thought (or felt) was stalking her :
1.We know from Moeka that the leader of the group searching for Shiina Kagari was a foreigner (or did she say "westerner" specifically?)
2.Said professor was eyeing Shiina Kagari at the shrine like a predator eyes its prey.
3.And finally her hidden hand under that cloth in the airplane.

It would make little to no sense for Yuki to lead the team of what appeared to be sleeper agents, who Okabe safely assumes they are Americans (while the other guys who shot at them are almost certainly Russians, probably the FSB). Professor Judy Reyes would be a classic fit though : DURPA (DARPA in the real world) does business with many American universities. They are a major source of their funding, and they are interested in military, quasi-military, AI, advanced computing, neuromorphic computing etc etc projects and they also ... less publicly recruit some of the researchers and professors. The CIA works in a similar way with their "assets", though their focus is different. It goes without saying that DARPA/DURPA would be very interested in time machine technology.

Therefore, unless both Yuki and Professor Reyes are red herrings, my bets are on the professor. The question is if Professor Alexis Leskinen is also involved. Even if he isn't, since Judy Reyes is a professor at the same university, Maho-san and Amadeus/Kurisu are still not safe.
Nov 21, 2020 7:58 PM
May 2020
Great episode and...well, pretty good sequel to the first anime so far. Really interesting narrative, I like it, it seems like we will have a time leap next episode. The new cast is not bad, they are all nice and good, Hijayo is the best thus far tho and I still didn't learn the names of Mayuri's friends lol
Jan 22, 2021 8:36 AM

Apr 2019
mhm, yuki just got a little cut...

Apr 29, 2021 11:40 PM
Feb 2021
Jun 27, 2021 7:01 AM

Jan 2017
Maho just learnt firsthand the degree of danger of associating herself with anything related to the time-machine, welcome abroad the depression train girl

rip Pandora's Box
Jul 3, 2021 2:27 AM

Apr 2018
DARPU or whatever that american orginzation name was attacked them again and NOW we know for sure that Yuki is one of them. It was pretty obv already.
Maho's in tears after all this and losing Kurisu's legacy, pain pain pain.

Well the war between Russia and America is over, but is World War 3 over? Probably not.

When Kurisu told Okabe that she hopes that someday he can laugh from the bottom of his heart made me tear up, ME TOO!

Oh and the Professor is probably one of the ''western'' people that's looking for Shiina..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 8, 2022 2:10 PM
Nov 2016
f u anime. giving us the idea that it could possibly yuki. darus future wife. but that is the absolute most favourite thing i love about this. its funny how we can love an anime despite it evoking the most hatred weve ever had, seeing some things that are so real and depraving, knowing that instance is true for somebody in real life. but somehow it can bring about things that no matter what we think could possibly happen next, its different. the twists are real because this anime though bound to humanity and realism, isnt bound by anything at all. though through it all it gives us the ending we so desire even if it is not what we truly desired to begin with. odd right? but for those who arent meta critics and just truly are open to and enjoy anime as a whole, i think thats how it works with the real good stuff.
Jan 18, 2023 1:42 PM

Dec 2021
Instigating comedic relief about someone's intimate body parts getting flashed to mc while they're paralyzed is so damn tasteless. Yuck.
Oct 9, 2023 2:24 AM

Dec 2020
This was like the second time(?) they showed Yuki hurt. When they mentioned Russia American fighting I would assume to motorcycle lady was the one from the lab. They tryna bait and switch us? Lol
Feb 16, 9:17 AM
Oct 2023
So Kurisus computer was destroyed. Maho and Okabe seem to be getting closer each episode. Okabe has to say goodbye to Amadeus and Maho and Leskinen are returning to america so everything has to be fine now right? right..?
Apr 7, 4:11 PM
Jun 2023
Maho please dont leaveeeee

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

104 by Twerms »»
Apr 21, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2018

218 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 16, 5:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.