Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 27, 2018 8:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, I kinda like how fired up everyone is. They're going to need that energy to take on the Elite 10.

Felt a lot like a buildup in the aftermath of Souma/Akira's rivalry. Tbh, I think Erina learned a lot from them. Now we got a bigger rivalries between the Elite 10 and the rebels. There's only a few more episodes left so they won't cover them all but I hope they adapt the more prominent ones.

Fuck Azami and his ideals. I'm glad Erina is going up against her father.
Stark700May 27, 2018 9:55 AM
May 27, 2018 9:58 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Everyone learns to recognize each other's strength and differences. :)
Erina learns a little something about standing up for her own desires. xD

Glad to see everyone fired up at the end, was real nice watching Erina tell her father that she's on this side. I loved the final still image for the episode.

Will the Team Shokugeki happen this season or is that gonna get put off to the next season?
May 27, 2018 10:08 AM

Jun 2016
Solid episode, I'm hoping the team Shokugeki happens this season... Though I wouldn't be surprised if its pushed till next.
May 27, 2018 10:20 AM

Nov 2016
Azami has a fucking Rinnegan.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 27, 2018 10:21 AM

Nov 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode.

Everyone learns to recognize each other's strength and differences. :)
Erina learns a little something about standing up for her own desires. xD

Glad to see everyone fired up at the end, was real nice watching Erina tell her father that she's on this side. I loved the final still image for the episode.

Will the Team Shokugeki happen this season or is that gonna get put off to the next season?

It will happen this season,yet most likely just the first bout.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 27, 2018 10:23 AM

Sep 2009
Now is time for Saiba's past. This chapter was nice and not that rushed as the previous one.
Yeah, I want to see the born of the Asura legend animated so bad.
May 27, 2018 10:24 AM

Feb 2018
When Takumi thought about his ambition, what i heard from his inner voice was Haise Sasaki voice :D

So Erina relinquished her seat. So there are 8 person left in Totsuki Elite Ten. 6 original Elite 10 and 2 substitute. Rebels now need 4 more person to take all seats in Elite 10 and i can see who.

So when we will see Joichiro backstory as shown at OP scene?
May 27, 2018 10:33 AM

May 2014
Sweet episode! Loved it :3
Erina development is real

May 27, 2018 10:44 AM
Mar 2017
This is it The most awesome build up episode for the shokugeki tag team battle and this is going to be so frickin awesome im so hype for the fight but next episode seems to be another filler episodes yet important for the story so ive been kinda curious is this gonna be the end of shokugeki no souma train arc? Or there will be new arc because when i check on the manga of this anime there is still a lot of stories need to be animated like the part when
<(Sorry for the spoiler),so are they gonna adapt all of the manga or not? Please answer it i need to know

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ArdanazAug 9, 2018 1:12 AM
May 27, 2018 10:45 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Eizan getting reminded of his defeat though was hillarious. Hmm both of their dishes turned out pretty well despite the ad hoc teams. Having them taste each other's dishes though is an interesting way of deciding the winner though. It was funny seeing them argue over who should win. Azami intends to make the battle between the two sides a spectacle it seems. Nice to see Erina finally find the courage to openly defy her father though. Now the lines are drawn between the two sides. Erina sure got pretty fired up after her words though. Queen Erina though has a nice ring to it. Entrusting the queen with their lives though was fitting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2018 11:10 AM

Nov 2016
I liked the way they did the decision to the winner. The old man really knows how to improve their teamwork. Erina was happy during the match.

Other than that this felt like a builup for the upcoming Team Shokugeki. The elite 10 have some interesting fellows. The rivaly have fired up, hype! The conditions for the Shokugeki are scary.

I'm glad that Erina stood up to his dad, it was about time. Azami is just an idiot.
May 27, 2018 11:18 AM

Feb 2017
Graymanes said:
This is it The most awesome build up episode for the shokugeki tag team battle and this is going to be so frickin awesome im so hype for the fight but next episode seems to be another filler episodes yet important for the story so ive been kinda curious is this gonna be the end of shokugeki no souma train arc? Or there will be new arc because when i check on the manga of this anime there is still a lot of stories need to be animated like the part [spoiler] so are they gonna adapt all of the manga or not? Please answer it i need to know

this is a really huge spoiler for the anime only watchers, please delete it or at least put it in spoiler tags. Don't just say sorry and spoil it anyways lol.

And no one knows how much will be adapted. Most likely there will be another season which will adapt the next arc, but no one knows when yet.
CurianMay 27, 2018 11:24 AM

When you swim in the sea and an eel bites your knee, that's a moray!
May 27, 2018 11:18 AM

Jul 2017
That was a really good buildup episode for the Regiment de Cuisine.

The 3 vs 3 team battle was really solid and the dishes looked yum.

I'm just waiting for that backstory episode. That will be absolutely great since that was one of my favorite parts of the manga.
May 27, 2018 11:27 AM

Jan 2017
This episode was great, nice to see nakiri finally standing up for herself... I feel sorry bucchi though
May 27, 2018 12:16 PM

Apr 2014
Sweet episode. The match will begin soon which I am going to enjoy the heck out of it! X3
May 27, 2018 1:02 PM

Apr 2018
Everyone is so fired up which makes me all the more hyped up. Can't wait for the team shokugeki.
May 27, 2018 1:26 PM

May 2016
Loved this episode especially the interaction between Erina and Souma is getting
a lot better lately and those Deep breaths they were just too funny.

I couldn't resist not to create a gif out of this glorious moment @FMmatron

RaizelMay 27, 2018 1:30 PM
May 27, 2018 1:33 PM
EDM ❤

May 2012
I'm pretty sure this "20 minutes" are broken, way too fast.

Yeah good episode
May 27, 2018 1:34 PM
Jul 2018
Erina Nakiri has grown a lot as a character. Brilliant character development.
May 27, 2018 1:37 PM

Jan 2015
OF COURSE everyone need to get fired up. After all this is a (mini) "WAR" they're having and the kitchen is the battleground. And about Saiba's "way" of cooking... that's just pretty much like him. What's really "epic" in this episode is Erina and her effect with tons of adrenaline. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 27, 2018 1:40 PM

Apr 2016
I feel very dumb lol.

slight spoilers but not really because I don't know anything that happens after this episode, but it's fairly obvious what will happen in the next episode or so.

[
May 27, 2018 2:33 PM

Jun 2014
It's great to see that Erina is now more comfortable standing up to her dad. Don't let that jackass push you around. All the rules have been set, now we just need to wait a little longer before we begin the team battles (we'll probably only see the first bout or two in this season).

ade-pewe said:
So when we will see Joichiro backstory as shown at OP scene?

Next episode, judging by its title.

@rafaelhwk Lol yeah the OP spoils who joins the Rebel team. Just like it spoiled Souma vs. Hayama, and who gets expelled.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 27, 2018 2:53 PM

Oct 2012
Ok, so now the stakes are so high that they can't possibly lose and on the other hand when they win there are no higher stakes to achieve after that. Selfish Erina was nice.

Well, it's obvious they win but I really wonder how everything goes. I have all reasons to believe that this won't end unless Erina reconciles with her father, changes his worldview and cooks something delicious together with him. That means showing him she can cook while also having a fun. This also means naked food extasy for him, possibly by her very own skills. She needs to surpass him now.
May 27, 2018 2:56 PM

Mar 2016
Nakiri should just emancipate herself... like leave that loser father behind

Anyways I’m fired for the team shokugeki! I literally don’t want to wait another week to see !
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2018 2:56 PM

Apr 2015
Rindo talking about having sympathy for underclassmen to Tsukasa, cause Eizan lost to Souma, but the way she was rubbing it in was just priceless. (Not sure if that was intentional or not), She's awesome!

Erina has grown so much on me, like I couldn't stand her at the beginning of S1 but the development in S3 has really drawn me in.

The team training ended in a draw but they clearly learned from each other.

Erina was adorable with that adrenaline rush.

So the conditions are set for the Team Shokugeki. I can't wait!
May 27, 2018 2:59 PM
Mar 2018
Presumably, this season goes to chapter 227. So until 2 fight yet because you saw tsukasa in armor in the opening.
The complete fight against central ended in manga only last week before with chapter 263 ^^
May 27, 2018 3:02 PM

Feb 2018
rafaelhwk said:
I feel very dumb lol.

slight spoilers but not really because I don't know anything that happens after this episode, but it's fairly obvious what will happen in the next episode or so.

Judging by OP scene, yes. but
May 27, 2018 3:10 PM
Jan 2016
I am so hyped for next episodes, draw match between the four, wasn't expecting that, and they learned about each other cooking, Erina cooking like Souma and Saiba was so perfect!

Finally Erina went against father, wasn't expecting, really development in her character, i am glad that she is following her own desires!

They all have their own lives in the game!

Episode 10/10.
May 27, 2018 3:11 PM

Aug 2014
Was it just me or was there an extensively amount of stills in this one, it usually not bring this much attention to my eyes. But this episode just felt like a power point slider.
May 27, 2018 5:12 PM

Mar 2012
Lol Eizan still feeling salty from his loss against Souma.
Although both sides admit their defeat in their mock cooking team battle, the training turned out well for both teams.Great character development of Erina as she finally stands up against her father by relinquishing her Elite 10 seat to formally side with the rebels.

Credit to Hihanteki
May 27, 2018 5:34 PM

Feb 2018
Build up eps for the rebel Especially Erina, she's really change now.

Azami with a big dramatic entrence in snow, dont remember it in manga.

Saiba past story next. Cant wait...
What did You expect? life sucks from the get go....
May 27, 2018 6:00 PM

Apr 2016
more great development from Erina in this episode! she has been one of the best things about this season with the way she has changed as a person!
I'm excited for the match!
May 27, 2018 7:42 PM

Sep 2015
Rindou still doing thing in her own way.

Into the Internet!
May 27, 2018 8:24 PM

Dec 2016
very boring and stupid episode as always lul i fell asleep and had to watch it again then realized that i had not missed anything
May 27, 2018 8:33 PM

Jan 2013
OMG! This is going to be even more epic than i thought! Like for real!! omggg
Erina finally disobeyed her father! They all bet everything on this shokugeki!

So there will be more competitions before the team shokugeki? Or they simply won't show it and what we will see is our guy's training for this final battle?

Oh and btw, we still don't know how many episodes this season will have, but probably it will be 12, the thing is... Will they be able to fill the remaining episodes with the team shokugeki? Or it will end before it's start and we will have to wait for another season?
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 27, 2018 9:19 PM
Mar 2017
Curian said:
Graymanes said:
This is it The most awesome build up episode for the shokugeki tag team battle and this is going to be so frickin awesome im so hype for the fight but next episode seems to be another filler episodes yet important for the story so ive been kinda curious is this gonna be the end of shokugeki no souma train arc? Or there will be new arc because when i check on the manga of this anime there is still a lot of stories need to be animated like the part [spoiler] so are they gonna adapt all of the manga or not? Please answer it i need to know

this is a really huge spoiler for the anime only watchers, please delete it or at least put it in spoiler tags. Don't just say sorry and spoil it anyways lol.

And no one knows how much will be adapted. Most likely there will be another season which will adapt the next arc, but no one knows when yet.

Thanks for answering my curiousity and so sorry for the spoiler part lol
May 27, 2018 10:28 PM

Oct 2017
This episode is pure sweetness. It got me craving for more even though I've already read the manga. Developmental progress for Erina and the great chemistry we have with the Rebels. The insights on the food were interesting as always. I'm going to give credit to whoever is creating all these dishes art because they always hit the right flavor in drooling everyone. Jeez, they really have the power to make everyone hungry, no underestimating that!

Azami's ideal is pretty far fetched and selfish so it's good to see Erina standing up on her own despite that nice comedic buildup beforehand lol. Pumped up Erina is the best. Elite Ten is looking fine and cool with Momo being cute with her Bucchi. Eizan isn't gonna hide his willingness to crush Soma huh? Got humiliated badly I guess.

Again, really great episode and probably the best so far. The buildup to the next upcoming arc is being done well. This second cour is going to be 12 episodes long like the first part right?
OVERPOWERED99May 27, 2018 10:33 PM
My Anime List < Have a good day! > My Manga List
May 28, 2018 1:56 AM

Sep 2016
Oh boy. Though I read this part in the manga it still manages to pump me up. CAN'T WAIT!
Aug 8, 2018 6:21 AM

May 2015
3 vs. 3 is always good to watach. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 9, 2018 8:57 PM

May 2012
This is really getting epic, Erina standing up to her father like that was really great and I really look forwards to see what the next episode will be like! Let's see what's next.
Aug 13, 2018 4:25 PM

Jul 2013
I love this anime, I really do. Every episode of this show since season 1 is just pure goodness but this episode is pure corniness lol when they point at each other and argue about which dish was better goddamn I almost cringed. Y u do dis?
Aug 31, 2018 10:07 PM

Dec 2014
things are really rallying up… so excited for the future episodes ….
Nov 22, 2018 8:44 AM

May 2013
I wanna see Saiba VS 50 lol *0*

I thought Erina was gonna yell no to her vampire father haha. Glad she didn't turn out that pale XD
I feel like he means well. Just on the wrong path. He DID say he was gonna save the culinary world and Totsuki Gakuen :3 Saiba traveling the world to cook must have rubbed him the wrong way or something, idk. He's the only "wandering chef" I can think of lol

Erina's gotten kinda cute btw >.>

Raizel said:

I couldn't resist not to create a gif out of this glorious moment

But I still ship TadoXSouma or MitoXSouma
Nov 23, 2018 9:17 AM

Aug 2013
Nice to see Erina finally standing up against her father.

Would love to see Joichiro vs 50.

May 5, 2019 10:22 PM
Mar 2019
idk if I am just being nitpicky but wasn't Takumi in a maid cafe for his Stagiaire?

I guess retcon?
phipenguuMay 5, 2019 10:26 PM
Jun 6, 2019 2:49 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, it ended in a draw.
Finally, Erina talked back to her dad!

phipenguu said:
idk if I am just being nitpicky but wasn't Takumi in a maid cafe for his Stagiaire?

I guess retcon?

Remember there were more stages.
Jul 13, 2019 3:29 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty predictable episode since it was obvious everyone would point at the other team to declare a winner and Erina would step down from her seat to participate on Souma's side. I hope they will find two other members though, a 4 vs 6 team battle would be stupid. Unless Saiba and Doujima also participate.
Jan 5, 2020 5:24 AM
May 2012
Badass entrance for Team Azami. I am now on their side.
Jan 11, 2020 5:46 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Such a great episode again, I love the development on Erina she's so cool now and she has guts thanks to Souma and her new friends
Apr 5, 2020 10:24 PM

Aug 2017
I'm glad that Takumi has more screentime to develop his character. Unlike Hayama's forced rivalry, this feels genuine. I was waiting for Erina to relinquish her seat, that makes more sense.

I'm not hyped for the battle since I know how the series manages to solve everything while the bad guys fall mercilessly.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 12 Discussion

nickehhhhhh - Aug 8, 2018

44 by aoo-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 5:21 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 10 Discussion

tidoesstuff - Aug 9, 2018

27 by aoo-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 4:14 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2018

92 by aoo-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 2:45 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2018

130 by aoo-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 1:44 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2018

135 by aoo-kun »»
Oct 30, 2023 5:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.