Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 19, 2017 2:47 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Seriously didn't expect some tensed drama here but it was handled really well, in my opinion. So far, the best episode of New Game! and New Game!!. Looks like this season will be a better season than the first so that's great news. About the ending though, I was expecting something else rather than a high five but good it was just that. Seems like Aoba and Yagami partnership is great.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 19, 2017 3:20 AM

Oct 2014
The people who made those [i]innocent[/s] should have a raise.

Aoba is legal right?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 19, 2017 3:58 AM
Jul 2018
I was told there would be comedy.
Jul 19, 2017 7:13 AM

Jan 2013
Sorry, but I had to call bullshit on this one.

Like, "Oh no, I surpassed my personal idol. I'm a horrible person." Are you kidding me? That's how real jobs are. You do your best regarding of your personal feelings to someone else from the job. Is that what they're trying to say? Don't do your best or your hurt someone's feelings?

And before someone says "Dude, this is an anime. Just chill". I want to, but since this anime is close to my working environment having working an office job for years now, I say this anime really wants you to believe that these kind of jobs are so easy going to the point you can pull a gun on your manager's face and not get pulled by the police! Which is, you know, not how real job environments work like?
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Jul 19, 2017 7:18 AM

Oct 2014
Whoa now that's unexpected.
I mean: ofc the competition and the drama that may happen is very expected, but the direction... to take it a la serious drama, I didn't expect it.

SHINOBI-03 said:
Sorry, but I had to call bullshit on this one.

Like, "Oh no, I surpassed my personal idol. I'm a horrible person." Are you kidding me? That's how real jobs are. You do your best regarding of your personal feelings to someone else from the job. Is that what they're trying to say? Don't do your best or your hurt someone's feelings?

And before someone says "Dude, this is an anime. Just chill". I want to, but since this anime is close to my working environment having working an office job for years now, I say this anime really wants you to believe that these kind of jobs are so easy going to the point you can pull a gun on your manager's face and not get pulled by the police! Which is, you know, not how real job environments work like?

you do notice that Yagami hasn't said sorry, don't you? She is just trying to escape the guilt by helping Aoba in the end. Also: if you notice, in the end she drops her own design, which is another thing she escapes from: defeat. It's not necessarily over (and I hope it doesn't end there.)

Also, the police can't arrest you if there's no one to report you in the first place.
Revvie-chanJul 19, 2017 7:22 AM
Jul 19, 2017 7:36 AM

Mar 2013
Didn't expect that drama, I came to laugh, not to feel. Glad It got resolved quick...

Either way, this is a good episode... Good teamwork between Aoba and Kou there after that heartbreaking drama that usually happen in real life imo (It's Slice of Life alright).
Jul 19, 2017 10:08 AM

Nov 2010
SHINOBI-03 said:

I personally think the focus is more so on the fact that Aoba has always dreamed of working together with Kou in harmony, not that she "feels bad" for surpassing her. Aoba seemed very conflicted if she wanted to keep going forward at the cost of losing that dream she's always had, and was enjoying for a while after joining the company. After all, pretty much everyone was shown to be nice and supportive all the way throughout the first season.

Great episode. It felt a little bit out of place since it wasn't what I was expecting, but if the rest of the season handles the mix of comedy and drama well, I'd be down for that too.
Jul 19, 2017 10:11 AM
Nov 2016
szympus11 said:
I came to laugh not to feel.
My thoughts exactly lmao

Jul 19, 2017 3:48 PM

Mar 2013
Gazz said:
The people who made those [i]innocent[/s] should have a raise.

Aoba is legal right?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, she'd have to be nineteen now, so yes. Just don't ply her with alcohol if you know what's good for you.
Jul 19, 2017 4:39 PM

Jun 2015
Glad to see the two best waifus as stars this week! Also, this was such an emotional episode, props for that.

The new OP and ED are gorgeous, as expected. The ED is especially catchy :D

Jul 19, 2017 4:42 PM

Jun 2015
Gazz said:
Aoba is legal right?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
O YES glad to finally have a moe I don't have to hide in the basement
Jul 19, 2017 4:53 PM

Feb 2016
As others have said, absolutely one of the best New Game episodes we've seen. A tiny bit of actual emotional conflict in a comedy SOL can really hit the sweet spot, and that was the case here.

Aoba's first designs were quite terrible and i had a good laugh at "impenetrable turtle". Teamwork saves the day, though, and i was actually surprised at how much i liked the designs Aboa and Kou came up with together. Maybe i'm just too damn fond of the characters.

Let's see Aoba shoulder some real responsibility this season.
Jul 19, 2017 6:43 PM

Mar 2009
Cute ending to this episode. Seems like things have resolved...for now.
Jul 19, 2017 8:02 PM

Nov 2014
That Aoba cosplay <3
Hi there
Jul 19, 2017 9:33 PM

Jun 2015
Disappoint by no hands holding at the end... but also want to see Hifumi x Aoba, so not totally disappoint. Then again, maybe high-fives between girls is some secret lesbian signal *desperate for Yuri, yep*

Ahhh speaking about the actual episode, I liked the early focus on development, I feel like the Aoba/Kou conflict HAD to happen if Aoba was going to end up moving up in the company. Some cute Aoba moments. Especially dat Cow-ba, geez. Paused for a suspicious amount of time.

Great show so far!
Jul 20, 2017 1:31 AM
Jul 2016
This was a very enjoyable episode. The drama between Yagami and Aoba was unexpected, but I like how it was solved. It was nice seeing them work together on the designs. I really enjoyed the designs Aoba made xD
Jul 20, 2017 1:51 PM

Sep 2015
Damn they're going full K-On now. After a lighthearted silly first season. Hitting hard and below the belt right out the gate with this season. This episode had two really powerful moments I little imagined this series capable of when I started it a year ago. Yun's speech about trying to Aoba was too real. It's much easier to say the odds are slim to succeed so just don't even try. And the moment the people around you stop feeling that way and move forward is a lonely one.

I also found Aoba and Kou's story to be really moving. Their relationship is kind of the cornerstone of the show. And the conflict introduced between them here was kind of obvious. But also completely valid and they made it work. I mostly just appreciated how they resolved it quickly and maturely. I imagined there'd be uncomfortable tension between Aoba and Kou for an episode or two. Maybe even the whole season. But Kou quickly realizing her mistake and making amends for it was refreshing. And made me even more invested in their senpai/kouhai relationship.

The final moment that was too real. Being tired at work from staying up all night playing games and/or binging anime. I feel you Hajime. I have high hopes for this season. I really hope it goes places.
Jul 20, 2017 8:30 PM

Oct 2012
Came here for the cuteness.

Stayed for the feels. I absolutely love this show!
Jul 20, 2017 8:37 PM

Sep 2015
When you get drama in your CGDCT. :thinking:

Loved it either way. I like how Aoba seems a lot more spicey than season 1 Aoba.
Jul 20, 2017 9:24 PM

Jul 2015
I liked the animal cosplay... Anyway, I remember reading through this portion of the manga, I loved it there, and I love it here too because of all the new emotions. But thinking back on it, that game had a pretty dark idea, I mean, their MC cuts them open, rips out their insides and then wears the remains, it only looks light hearted because they are stuffed animals, but how would the stuffed animals feel about that? Also loved the outro's art style and theme.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 21, 2017 6:02 AM

Sep 2016
absorbing monster to gain power... is it Kirby?? lol
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 21, 2017 2:41 PM

Feb 2008
That low five in the very end...

At least the situation ended on a lighter note. Kou's reactions were intriguing, though. I wonder whether the show will delve deeper into aspects related to her past (and present) or not.
Jul 22, 2017 2:27 PM
Jan 2017
OMG I AM SO HAPPY THIS OUT EEEEE X3 Looks like they'll be showing a taste of the coding in games rather than art design this season.
Jul 23, 2017 5:25 AM

Jul 2009
Ko got mad, but in the end everything worked out...seems that this season we are getting lots of Ko x Aoba...me don't like!
Jul 23, 2017 8:55 AM

Jun 2008
I could relate to both Aoba and Ko in this episode. Glad they're both doing the design :D Now i want to both play video games and draw.
Jul 25, 2017 9:57 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
The ED is catchy, love it :)

Nice to see the focus shift back to Aoba and Yagami. A bit of drama but nice to see both of them advancing in their career.
I hope Yun gets some focus too. :>

Jul 31, 2017 4:27 PM

Oct 2015
Lewd Aoba is... I dunno, all characters is like precious cinnamon rolls for me >^<
Especially Hifumi :p

Dem feels, that drama, actually I like it as it builds Aoba's character when she thinks of her own goal and dream.

Luckily it doesn't drag over episodes and resolve pretty quick.

That design is so cuuttteee. I hope some developer use NG+ design and Idea.
gladisrJul 31, 2017 4:32 PM
Aug 10, 2017 5:24 PM

Oct 2012
Awawa, the best possible outcome, definitely! Have them both on board, emphatizing friendship and cooperation was nice closure.
And the new ED is also pretty sweet.

Also, neko-Aoba was just cute! <3
Aug 10, 2017 6:20 PM

Oct 2012
So great in so many ways! Looks like a great place to work.
Sep 9, 2017 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
The backgrounds in this episode are much more beautiful and flashy than the previous one and the fact that there is also the drama in the narrative, poses in favor of the plot, even more interesting. This series is even more exciting, I'm looking forward to knowing the new characters. Cute and catchy the opening and the ending. The part of the episode, in which Aoba was reflecting on how to make new characters, was really fun. XD

JayCortiny said:
The author's illustration for this episode tho xD

Thank you sooo much, I take it and keep it with care. ;)
Sep 13, 2017 4:50 PM

Feb 2014
Didn't expect to see drama so early in the season. Thought I skipped a bunch of episodes after watching the first episode.
gladisr said:
Lewd Aoba is... I dunno, all characters is like precious cinnamon rolls for me >^<
Especially Hifumi :p

Yeah, keep the lewdness out of my moe anime.
I'm fine with lewd Hifumi, though. Kind of.
Oct 2, 2017 5:08 PM

Sep 2011
Wow, didn't expect so much feels from this anime. Hit me pretty hard, since I can understand both sides. I'm glad it was resolved in a way that would suit them both. Though now I feel that there might be some conflicts later due to this :'D Let's hope not, I enjoyed the feels, but I would like this to stay more on the comedy side :)
Oct 8, 2017 8:05 AM

May 2012
Another fun episode, looking forwards to see what's next! Also loving that ED!
Oct 8, 2017 12:01 PM

Jul 2010
this anime's character design itself is gorgeous...
aoba's character design is gorgeous...
every screenshot of the episode is a wallpaper god DAMN IT...
Oct 10, 2017 6:01 PM
Oct 2014
out of character melodrama ALERT. Oh yeah, gotta keep flashing the leg and panty shots for no reason at all too. The 2nd season so far has been a massive disappointment, I'm willing to let it slide if it improves but I want to let it known that theanimemaster is displeased.
This is an official MAL signature. Monogatari is the best anime. Thank you for your time.
Oct 20, 2017 1:53 AM
Jul 2018
So many feels, I'm glad it worked out for both of them in the end though, it would have sucked to see a divide between the characters because one person got picked above the other one.

That cos-purr-lay though~
Nov 7, 2017 12:13 PM

Sep 2014
Very nice episode.
Aoba and Yagami caring about each other during the conflict was cute. I'm happy they're working side by side from now on
Nov 16, 2017 9:16 AM

Jun 2016
Omg. I love the OP and ED, but I love the ED more. It's so cuuuuute. :3

So proud of Aoba her design got chosen, of course, so proud of Kou, too. Without her guidance, I don't think Aoba's design will be chosen. Now, they're working as character designers. Waaah. Aoba working with her idol? My heart. <3

Glad the drama resolved between them two. I completely felt Kou there, but it's not right to take out her frustration on Aoba, though I thought she didn't mean it. :/

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 17, 2017 7:02 AM

Apr 2015
"They're using one of my ideas!" Hajime, they should be using all of your ideas.

Aoba "absorbing" those animals...those costumes :3

Heh...everyone thinks Hajime was working hard, but she was just up all night binge-watching her husbando. /r/me_irl

"This'll work!" Honestly surprised me. I thought that Kou's designs were better than Aoba's, even if they were similar to Fairies Story.

I never thought that Aoba and Kou's friendship was seriously at risk. Kou might have been a little on-edge since she's not used to getting anything but praise, but she's a good person and would be happy for Aoba if she would have won on her own. I'm glad they were able to work something out for the both of them to work together though.

Aoba drawing animal girls with muscles...she'd be great on a fetish game!
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Dec 2, 2017 4:34 PM

Sep 2013
Got kind of melancholy there for a bit, but wound up with a good ending.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 10, 2017 5:31 AM

Jun 2009
Suddenly DRAMA although it gets resolved in the same episode. I liked it. Some serious progress for Aoba, didn't expect her to become the character designer so soon.
Dec 27, 2017 2:53 AM

Mar 2015
Nice episode, it's always hard to accept when your understudy outdoes you, but venting and accepting it like that was for the best!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 1, 2018 6:28 AM
Sep 2009
Impressed that they had Aoba's design chosen. I thought they'd do the usual anime way out, namely that Aoba tries hard, is still beaten by Yagami, then says, "I'll try harder!"

Check out Wako's VA's previous anime voices! : https://myanimelist.net/people/78/Kaori_Nazuka
Nov 11, 2018 2:36 PM

Sep 2017
As far as drama goes in general, this was very light, but since I was already invested enough in the characters without much previous drama, it was enough to matter. Glad it was resolved quickly though, to drag it out would be uncharacteristic of the show itself. Still plenty of cuteness and a little comedy thrown in too, so it's all good.
Jul 12, 2019 1:20 PM

Apr 2013
Well, Yagami is also only a human with her own problems and bad character traits. It's nice that they sorted the little misunderstanding out though, let's see how much teamwork they have for the coming project.
Oct 13, 2019 4:31 PM

May 2018
woah, some kinda drama and tenseness in a cute girls doing cute things iyashikei anime? Maybe season 2 is going in a different direction, with some conflict and drama this time compared to season 1. But hey, their argument was solved in one episode so who knows

ALSO OMFGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!! that ED Was so fucking cute omfg I dont know why I love it so much but ughghghghggh that ED really be hitting different
Apr 29, 2020 10:54 AM

Feb 2018
Aoba is always cute
Nov 19, 2021 12:26 AM

Aug 2018
Okay finally this season add one thing weren't appear in previous season: Drama.

I feel like there would be more coming
Jun 5, 2022 1:27 AM

Feb 2020
I love the OP song. It's one of my favorite OP songs of all time. It's so nice and catchy. Also, the ED is really cute. I like that animation.

That Aoba cosplay was soo cute! I mean, too cute for words. <3

I really like how the drama got resolved between Aoba and Ko.

SerafosApr 3, 8:39 AM
Aug 25, 2022 11:03 PM

May 2009
oh no, the bears actually are gonna be the theme of the game they're making this time isn't it

xSkipi said:
The ED is too similar to the OP :c
i know, right? those first seven notes...
GlennMagusHarveyAug 26, 2022 1:00 AM
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2017

159 by kitoha »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2017

84 by Kristiwazhere »»
Apr 25, 1:37 PM

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2017

100 by kitoha »»
Apr 21, 8:29 PM

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2017

87 by winddevil1 »»
Apr 20, 4:20 PM

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2017

72 by winddevil1 »»
Apr 20, 9:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.