Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 2, 2017 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What a silly shirt. Saraka has some funny taste in clothes.
I think her father is quite a humble person considering the way he apologized.

Pretty chill episode. I kinda like how free Saraka feels despite everything going on. The Sansa system can apparently make sleeping unnecesary for humans, an interesting concept. Felt like the pacing of this show slowed down a bit this week.
Jun 2, 2017 7:25 AM

Nov 2010
Do we have the right to be innocent? Or is it a sin to be innocent because it is the root of problems? That's the question.
By the way, do you believe in Sansa Claus?
Jun 2, 2017 7:36 AM

Jan 2015
That was quite a beatiful moment when Saraka was explaining how she felt. I like the moments between her and Shindo. It feels like the mystery behind Zashunina is going to start being revealed next week.
Jun 2, 2017 7:41 AM

May 2016
Best episode of the series so far, next to Episode 3. I had chills during the last scenes.
Jun 2, 2017 7:45 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
All of the moments with Saraka in the first half of this episode was beautiful and her family is pretty funny xD
Jun 2, 2017 8:00 AM

May 2012
Feels odd to ship in an anime like this, but I still ship it pretty damn hard after this episode.

That last scene though, it seems there's more to zaShunina then. I wonder what his ulterior motives are, can't really think that he wants to progress humanity out of good will at this point. I wonder what other hidden side effects were behind the Sansa.

Jun 2, 2017 8:16 AM

Jun 2015
The misunderstanding with Saraka's family was funny. Got to learn more about her and where she comes when she negotiates. When Sansa was revealed to the world, people were affected immediately. I wonder how they will deal with it. zaShunina's smile at the end was creepy.
Jun 2, 2017 8:22 AM

Aug 2016
I find Saraka's way of thinking regarding the anisotropic to be extremely flawed, and maybe even rather selfish of her.
Still, it seems that ZaShunina really does have some ulterior motives for progressing humanity - he didn't answer the question for what 'the right answer' clearly, either. Alien Jesus is going to mess things up.

Once we seize space, we'll all...
Jun 2, 2017 8:36 AM

Sep 2013
The right answer is to constantly think about what the right answer is, never stop thinking.
Saraka wants no change but others do.
Jun 2, 2017 8:47 AM

Aug 2013
Nice moment between Tsukai and Shindou. Her family were funny, especially with that misunderstanding.

zaShunina's smile at the end makes me wonder what his true aim is.

I wonder if it is save for children to see the Sansa.

Jun 2, 2017 8:54 AM

Sep 2015
Basically Tsukai do not opposed the idea of advacement, but believe that this kind of "advancement" should be made by human naturally themself through progress, not by force(or extraterrestrial). Well this is also one kind thinking.

Anyway we can talk about many changes(good or bad) those tech Yaha brought, bla bla bla this is not important. The main point of this series obviously the "meaning" behind it.

After watching the episodes until now, noticed that we can't really be sure what Yaha is trying to bring anymore. At first we can think its all about 'humanity advancement' as a whole(not technology advancement only). At the end We can guess many things, but we can't really start or every try to guess to near perfect unless we know Yaha's so called "the Right Answer".

Look at Yaha's answer when the reporter asked him what is the "right answer". He didn't really answer the question.
Jun 2, 2017 9:02 AM
Apr 2017
This episode feels like the calm before the storm. That long pause when the reporter asked zaShunina what the right answer was, though... feels like next episode Space Jesus will reveal his dark side.
Jun 2, 2017 9:39 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
A worldwide broadcast of the Sansa that changes the human body immediately and a warning before that...as i said on episode 1, this anime has an epic scale feeling to it and it's great to witness.

While Tsukai's reasoning is somewhat selfish (she uses her own life and experiences as example), i do sympathize with her and Shindo also took this into consideration, at least enough to have a talk with zaShunina about if this goes too far.

The CGI got really impressive, i feel like it got better by the episodes or is this just me?

Preview has me really excited, look at these environments, great visuals. Might be a reveal that zaShunina might be ''evil'' after all (at least in humanity's point of view). He read a massive amount of books now to have a grasp of what humanity is so this might be the most interesting episode for sure if it follows up on that.
Jun 2, 2017 10:23 AM

Feb 2016
Im quite surprised with this anime, I got up to date really fast, It caught my attention while seeing some videos of "Mother's Basement" in youtube, he were mentioning it very often on his latest videos, and I'm quite satisfied with that I have seen so far.

to be honest I'm even more astonished with the Animation, coming from Toei the quality is really great even for doing 2D and CGI at the same time

Welcome to the club, I guess?

Today's episode was great, I'm wondering what's the next step from zaShunima from now on...
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jun 2, 2017 12:30 PM
Jan 2017
I'm guessing that Shindou, basing on the preview and multiple hints especially with the prime minister that
Jun 2, 2017 12:35 PM

Dec 2015
I honestly wasn't convinced by all the things Saraka said and showed, but she managed to plant the seed of doubt into Shindou.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 2, 2017 1:00 PM
Apr 2016
That sinister look and the lack of honorifics by zaShunina in the end gave me goosebumps. Magnificent work, everyone.
Re:formed
Jun 2, 2017 1:08 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Uh oh
didnt like that smile zaShunina had at the end. .-.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 2, 2017 2:13 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Saraka's family had me in stitches with their reaction. Her reaction was pretty cute too.

Did not like that smile by zaShunina at the end. Trouble is coming.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 2, 2017 4:55 PM

Jul 2015
The end of this episode was unsettling as fuck. Shindo is screwed if he rubs zaShunina the wrong way, I'm guessing.

I really liked Tsukai's "date". It really drove home her values and her POV, and made her seem more wholesome than just a bumbling tsundere.

5/5, kept me on the edge of my seat like in the earlier episodes.
Jun 2, 2017 5:21 PM

Mar 2013
lol, Shindou, I had the same expression when I saw her shirt
And that Saraka family misunderstanding-- Shindou is oblivious xD

Uh oh... not liking that smirk at the end. zaShunina, what are you really thinking?
KilikcliaJun 6, 2017 1:19 AM
Jun 2, 2017 6:19 PM

Sep 2011
I can't help but think shit is going to hit the fan next week. The suspected change in attitude is sort of unexpected from his character though. He had no concept of evil or negative intent in previous episodes. Something tells me the books and other human media have influenced him and instilled a sense of evil.
Jun 2, 2017 6:56 PM
Jan 2016
Honestly felt as if Sekken was taking the best direction in all of this. Saraka seems a bit selfish with her reasons of keeping Humanity away from the AntiS.
Jun 2, 2017 7:14 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode, a bit creepy at the end. It would be nice to follow up on the global impacts free energy and no sleep has had so far.
Jun 2, 2017 7:40 PM
Jun 2016
havn't watched full, but I really hate her kind of thinking, to me it's arrogant, selfish, and egotistical.

Now there are good reasons to say no to this technology, I get that, but this, "I want humanity to grow naturally." kind of thing always bothers me, YOU want this, who are you to decide for everyone else what should be true or not.

People should have the right to decide for themselves, not have choice foisted on themselves by those that feel themseleves the arbiters of it. If that makes sense?
Jun 2, 2017 9:27 PM

Nov 2011
zaShunina read too much book. It won't be surprising if he started to change after learning more and more about humans.

Jun 2, 2017 10:04 PM

Sep 2015
Im scared ZaShunina might turn evil or some shit. If so, he seemed like a really cool char ;-; dont want to see him all evil next episode because of this ending.
Jun 3, 2017 1:45 AM

Apr 2016
And here we got a good illustration of Japan's history. Isolationism like in the Edo period : "avoid any contact with the exterior", "let's live on our own", all personified in Tsukai's mentality.
It's real. That was once Japan.

On the other hand, another part of Japan's history is at play here : it looks like the book zaShinina is reading was supportive of the Japanese expansion (and atrocities?) during world war II (I got that from wiki, I didn't read the book, so beware!) and written by a guy, which supportive brother was an ambassador in NAZI Germany. Interesting! :)

After the cliché date, I'm still waiting for an onsen episode and some more Japan's negotiator's ace's nude action and still wonder what's the story with the ring if she was without boyfriend all her life like her family implies.
Jun 3, 2017 2:20 AM

Nov 2009
Another slightly creepy scene at the end to imply that the anisotropic being's goals are still very much unknown and that what he's doing may not be all that good, in the end.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jun 3, 2017 2:51 AM
Jun 2011
wolfwing said:
havn't watched full, but I really hate her kind of thinking, to me it's arrogant, selfish, and egotistical.

Now there are good reasons to say no to this technology, I get that, but this, "I want humanity to grow naturally." kind of thing always bothers me, YOU want this, who are you to decide for everyone else what should be true or not.

People should have the right to decide for themselves, not have choice foisted on themselves by those that feel themseleves the arbiters of it. If that makes sense?
i agree and i think what you said about decide for themselfs is what the being mean by the "right answer
Jun 3, 2017 2:56 AM
Jun 2016
elior1 said:
wolfwing said:

i agree and i think what you said about decide for themselfs is what the being mean by the "right answer

yeah and looking at preview for next week, there may be reasons we should reject such a offer but they arn't, "It isn't right." but what are his motives heh.
Jun 3, 2017 3:15 AM

May 2016
wolfwing said:

It's a tough choice. I'm not sure I remember correctly, but I believe she was supposed to be representing Earth. Or at least she said she had the people of Earth's safety in mind. You are right to pose that question, though. She doesn't get to decide what's best for humans, but then again... who does? There's absolutely no one representing humanity (and I don't think there should be). So how do we decide this? Do we conduct a global poll? Is democracy even the right way to do this (is it moral if the minority has these changes applied to them against their will?).
Jun 3, 2017 4:34 AM
Jun 2016
Vinyet said:
wolfwing said:

It's a tough choice. I'm not sure I remember correctly, but I believe she was supposed to be representing Earth. Or at least she said she had the people of Earth's safety in mind. You are right to pose that question, though. She doesn't get to decide what's best for humans, but then again... who does? There's absolutely no one representing humanity (and I don't think there should be). So how do we decide this? Do we conduct a global poll? Is democracy even the right way to do this (is it moral if the minority has these changes applied to them against their will?).

it's one of those moral questions, I see this come up with religion or science and such, some say we shouldn't tell people about science that contradicts beliefs, because some need it, my feeling is, it's arrogant to think they don't deserve to know because WE think they need something, I feel let them know and they can decide to reject or not.

Same with this, though I wouldn't do it over TV, as you have those that will want to watch out of curiosity heh

I'm reminded of that scene from one of the scary movies, where they are like, "There is a video that if you watch it, you will die in 7 days...and were going to broadcast it for the next week straight."
Jun 3, 2017 4:36 AM
Jun 2016
Vinyet said:
wolfwing said:

and just to clarify when I say the choice hoisted I mean in the, "Were not letting you have access to this advancement because I don't think we should be given it."

Now the preview hints that maybe chosing no was the right answer, or maybe it wasn't, but thats different from it's wrong to advance this way.
Jun 3, 2017 4:43 AM

Feb 2013
I feel unsafe after the last scene and preview D:
MyAnimeList』 『』 『MyMangaList
Jun 3, 2017 6:52 AM
Sep 2009
Of course shit had to hit the fan at some point. And in this show it's gonna be next week.

I just hope the climax and resolution are going to be as convincing as the show has been so far. Definitely show of the season for me.
Jun 3, 2017 7:00 AM

Jan 2015
Shindou having a change of heart at the end was incredibly dull & predictable.
Jun 3, 2017 7:07 AM
Sep 2009
F_Barbarossa said:

We don't know yet if it was a complete change of heart or if there's more to it under his skin. I bet there's more to it, he's a lot more calculated than to be swept off by some... chestnuts. :P
Jun 3, 2017 7:15 AM

Jan 2015
EvilDragon said:
F_Barbarossa said:

We don't know yet if it was a complete change of heart or if there's more to it under his skin. I bet there's more to it, he's a lot more calculated than to be swept off by some... chestnuts. :P

Valid point. Hopefully it was not a complete about-face by Shindou. We shall see what happens.
Jun 3, 2017 8:02 AM

Feb 2016
Saraka's argument and its (likely) possibility to move Shindo will make zaShunina the antagonist (but not an evil one) of this show.

But that smirk makes me wanna doubt zaShunina's kindness.

I wish he'll be the "good" antagonist and not the usual evil one.

I hope SETTEN will not be the major antagonist here tho.
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Jun 3, 2017 12:27 PM

Sep 2012
Wow, that smirk at the end was grim. I think zaShunina wanted to show Sansa to the people for some other reason than helping them.
Jun 3, 2017 1:18 PM
Jul 2014
So what's with the ring she had, is she engaged and not telling her family thus the misunderstanding with his dad ? :D
Jun 3, 2017 2:15 PM

Mar 2016
There is a real creepy vibe at the end of this episode...I'm starting to get the feeling that Yaha-kui zaShunina's true intentions haven't been revealed yet and that he may have a goal in mind that doesn't align with the goals of humanity. The prime minister seems wary of this possibility and even Shindo seems to have a different vibe to him since talking to Saraka...there is an eery aura that looms over the main plot line in this anime and I'm anxious to see it all unravel
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 3, 2017 2:57 PM
Apr 2011
In the history of heartfelt speeches, that must have been the worst one yet. Every single part of it made no sense whatsoever. What the hell is the dignity of humanity and who are you to determine this universe belongs to us?

Anyway, nice episode. Could have done without the blatant foreshadowing though.
Jun 3, 2017 4:55 PM

Oct 2012
Tokoya said:
All of the moments with Saraka in the first half of this episode was beautiful and her family is pretty funny xD

Yeah, and totally unfit for this series. I would certainly do without it.

They are trying to do a show that's serious yet at times they let characters act based on anime archetypes, adding comedy in between, how consistent is that? I wouldn't mind this fanservice in every other rabukome series but it's very counterproductive here.

Other that that, the episode was fine, although I also didn't liked that smirk on Yahakunin zaShunina's face towards the end. Don't tell me they are trying to imprint human emotions on him, making him a villain. Don't tell me he had changed just by reading human books...

Really wonder what's the last and final device he is going to offer. He will probably give them a way to become immortal inside anisotropic, to merge into collective being.

Easy way to harvest just another civilization and knowledge. Don't need to say how twisted is that.
Jun 3, 2017 6:10 PM

Dec 2015
elior1 said:
wolfwing said:

It is right that people should decide their choice themselves but what Tsukai did here is just persuading people , considering this is a large scale of course it will affect her in some way(maybe ppl around her starting to change / act differently, we dont know what samsa really is and dont know the full effect) she just want things around her to stay the same < its only my opinion though

i feel an evil presence in zaShunina in this episode , well we'll see more
ExeternaJun 3, 2017 6:13 PM
Jun 3, 2017 8:48 PM

Dec 2016
Very well done episode. The tone of this show seems to be shifting. Anxious to see what happens in the next episode after the unsettling ending.

Watching this show as it is currently airing really increases the drama and anticipation for each week. I think anyone who watches this later will be missing out on that tension and the mystery of it all. Cheers for simulcasting!
Jun 3, 2017 9:11 PM

Apr 2013
Finally, an episode focusing on Tsukai and Shindo's relationship. zaShunina's starting to show his scary side.

So it will be Shindo vs zaShunina in the end. Fourth device? Immortality? :o

Jun 4, 2017 12:35 AM

Jul 2015
zaShunina's smile at the end though -- gave me the chills
Jun 4, 2017 8:43 AM

Aug 2013
I love the part with Saraka showing more of her past. They should just get married.
That smirk at the end oh shet please don't tell me it was wrong all along.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

226 by StarryNight157 »»
Jan 7, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2017

91 by nick_el_son »»
May 2, 2023 12:06 PM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2017

156 by koneroko »»
Dec 15, 2022 7:14 AM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2017

71 by koneroko »»
Dec 15, 2022 4:19 AM

Poll: » Seikaisuru Kado Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2017

102 by HumbertoZero »»
Jul 29, 2022 5:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.