Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 27, 2016 10:46 PM

Jun 2013
Great ending to an amazing and incredibly underrated show!
9/10
Dec 28, 2016 1:34 AM

Oct 2013
Totally didn't expect to enjoy this show so much and a big factor to that was how real it felt. It didn't pull it's punches - no sugar coating at all when it comes to the anime & seiyuu industry - but it also provided some solid character drama with Chi-chan and it meshed together both of these 2 main things the show focused on pretty nicely.

Solid 8/10!
Dec 28, 2016 12:11 PM

Jun 2014
Chi-sama alone makes this worth watching.
I normally dislike goofball idiots, but she and Kuzu make an entertaining combo. Best lovable arseholes this season.

Overall, I'd say this is a solid addition to the anime industry genre.
Dec 28, 2016 5:54 PM

Sep 2008
It was a good show and I think a pretty honest look at the anime voice acting industry. I doubt there will be a 2nd season so I'll just say I enjoyed watching this one and give it 8/10.

Funniest scene was Chitose opening her drawer and we see all her egg shirts.
Dec 28, 2016 10:14 PM

Jun 2015
Still only at 7.12 on MAL...... underappreciated as fuck.
Dec 28, 2016 10:37 PM

Mar 2008
I would have liked to see Chitose progress more, but this is fine I suppose. 8/10.
Dec 29, 2016 5:08 AM
Dec 2014
RealityRush said:

It even went down. :(
Dec 29, 2016 2:16 PM
Sep 2013
RealityRush said:

Why is this anime getting lots of hate (because of the low score) but not sh*t like Yuri on Ice or Sh*tgatsu?
Dec 29, 2016 5:53 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
There goes my Wednesday anime. Underrated show in my opinion. It had a few bumps here and there, but overall it was a solid show. Most characters got some nice focus, personally I liked Koto and Chitose the most.

Gojo with that "You brat" line was hilarious. Leave it to Chitose to put the group in such a nervous state. RIP Phone-kun, sometimes sacrifices have to be made, Chitose manages to make it in time. That scene where the girls put their hands towards the center was pretty fun. They left Chitose hanging as she was getting the group fired up.

Kuzu was pretty annoying at first but he managed to redeem himself towards the end. Would have been nice to see the end result of that challenge he had with that one guy and if he won over Mai Mai again.

8/10

Dec 30, 2016 10:38 AM

Apr 2014
I didn't think I would like to watch this show. Good thing I picked it up.
And I enjoyed watching it. And sure I'm gonna miss this.
Anyway, I'll rate this anime a 7 (or 8) out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Dec 30, 2016 10:54 AM

Sep 2015
As expected I ended up enjoying this series, however, not as much as I had assumed. Still fun to watch, Momoka is a goddess. 6/10
Dec 30, 2016 3:02 PM

May 2010
Best this season along with Flip Flappers. Was really enjoyable and refreshing throughout. Loved Chitose's development. Also, Towada grew to be pretty fun around Kuzu who remained Kuzu till the end. Gojou was nice, too. Liked all the girls though Koto and Yae could use more moments.

8.5/10
Dec 30, 2016 8:02 PM

Oct 2016
I had doubts on this show since it's like a spin-off version of Shirobako that focuses on VC.. but I guess another show proved me wrong.

I like it despite some hiccups. I'd rate it 8/10.

I hope they can create a special episode which would focus more on Gojou x Koto ship. lol

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Dec 31, 2016 1:25 AM

Jun 2013
The girls look so adorable in their matching costumes.
臭い-
Dec 31, 2016 3:00 AM

Dec 2013
So basically this was a shout out to all those seiyuu's working in the industry to encourage them to not give up?

I'm still kind of unsure as to the overall theme of this show...
HESTIAAPPROVES
Dec 31, 2016 6:28 PM

Feb 2014
I liked (7/10) the first 05-06 episodes, but then it got boring -in my opinion- and turned to be just a fine (6/10) anime =/

Maybe because I marathoned it? Well... anyway

6/10
Jan 1, 2017 3:08 AM

Jul 2012
Ohhh, wow. This Anime got amazing near the end. Watched it each week with my friends and we ended up marathoning last few episodes together.

It was very realistic. Even side characters were well done. I didn't think this show would be so good since I expected it to be like Shirobako where it's focused on telling you about the Anime industry but doesn't manage to build good characters.

It was motivating, actually. The darker view on the seiyuu industry captivated me and how the protag wasn't satisfied with herself but still pushed forward. And her relationship with her brother was very interesting too. It's rare to see a realistic brother sister relationship in an Anime without fetishization.

Anyways I'm tired rn so I won't write more. Job well done!!
Jan 1, 2017 2:33 PM

Feb 2008
No more drunken Kazuha, unfortunately. As for Chitose, she did grow, however, at the same time, somehow didn't... Still, I did enjoy the show.
Jan 1, 2017 4:30 PM

Jan 2011
I really wanted this show to be great, but this last episode made it earned its 8. I may check out the light novel. This was a good show that I feel sometimes deviated too much from tis topic. I also like Chistose's speech because she is admitting her flaws finally. She doesn't need to say sorry to people who already like her. She just needed to own up for the shitty work she has done and needed to do better. So it really make all that character development stick. Chistose is really likeable. She is not only cute but a very likable character. I hope there is a season 2 but the way they ended it is fine.

Now I wish the animation didn't take breaks with all the stills. I really loved the artwork of this show and how everyone looked realistic for the most part.

This was a good show and one of the few real gems of the fall. I gave it an 8.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jan 1, 2017 8:49 PM

Jul 2009
Dang I still can't decide if I like Kazuha or Koto better
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jan 2, 2017 4:54 AM

May 2012
I find it ironic that this came out of diomedea
Jan 2, 2017 1:52 PM

Feb 2013
This was a pretty good show. Loved all of the character development, not really what I was expecting lol.

Would like to watch more if there is more story to come.

7/10
Jan 2, 2017 7:50 PM

Aug 2013
Definitely didn't enjoy this as much as I thought I was going to, especially given that this was from the same author as Oregairu.

Chitose was a shit character, they even admitted she was a shit character. Got my hopes up for a half second when she realized she sucked and started going through some character development, and then she went right back to being her old self at the end.

Kuzu was literally the exact same way, and went through the exact same phases as Chitose at the exact same time, and ended the exact same way as well.

Of course the two cringiest characters are the ones who were basically the focal point of the show. Would've much preferred it to be focused on literally any other character; Yae, Momoka, Kazuha. I don't care, as long as it wasn't the two assholes.

Seems like so many people liked it, but I just couldn't enjoy it quite as much.

Pretty much have to agree with @Fai with almost every point he made.

The show tried to show the bad points of the industry, but gave off the message of, I can be a lazy entitled asshole and completely fuck over an authors LN and still somehow wind up succeeding.

6/10 for me. Sorry to everyone who did enjoy it, lol.
Jan 2, 2017 8:01 PM

Mar 2016
So I know this was supposed to be a happy ending and all, but I'm gonna be totally honest...I didn't get it. At all.

Chitose never really apologized, and though she started putting in a bit more effort, she basically said that she wasn't really going to change her behavior but that's supposed to be what makes her endearing?
Jan 3, 2017 2:26 PM

Apr 2013
I knew that would be the ending line.
GAHAHA.

Jan 5, 2017 1:48 AM

Oct 2016
nice ending chitose able to change ..
Jan 5, 2017 3:56 PM

Nov 2015
I'm also in the "what is the main focus of this show" group sadly. I feel like there are "stuff" that i miss out during the series that prevents me from sinking everything. I also had this feeling when watching Oregairu so i guess this author is too smart for me.

Even though i started watching this for Seiyuu and voice acting theme and it wasn't as much as i expected to be, i still enjoyed it. I liked how they thrashed the industry, showed us producers who doesn't care the quality of their work as long as they profit and use whatever means to gain it.
Seeing a main character with a shitty personality -yet somehow manages to be cute- gets smacked by reality, that's why I enjoyed Chitose's character. Brutal honesty and blunt dialogues was a nice change and realistic at some point.

I could have liked the other cast members more if they had focused them enough. They were interesting and their backgrounds were worth exploring. I also believe Chitose and Gojou-kun brother-sister development could have been better. Gojou-kun wasn't supporting Chitose enough even though deep down he cares for his sister despite her attitude.

Pleasing Art, Voice Acting, OP and ED. Little bored because of slow pacing in the middle.

7/10 for KATTA NA GAHAHAHAHAHA!
GurushJan 6, 2017 2:30 AM
Jan 6, 2017 5:17 PM

Oct 2012
It was good episode... is something I wouldn't say. The truth is it was good only up until her self-invited monologue that felt not like something ordinary seiyuu would say. Rather it felt like textbook case of bad example how to not do the dialogue. It felt like this was said by a writer, not a character, obvious plot device wrap up the scene. The truth is I cringed here.
Yes, the feeling of despair towards the beginning was good as I bet everyone feels like that some days. But almost everything else in the episode left no emotions in me, it ended like expected of anime, they didn't even try anything different.

Fai said:
Disappointing show with a self-defeating message.
It started good. it started with some nice jabs at the idol and VA industry.
And then midway through it started to stall, Chitose got flanderized losing most of her characterization beyond "omg she so selfish" gag.

What did show decide to do? Oh why of course pushing chitose into background where she whines about being unpopular and is made fun of while show spends time focusing on the less interesting characters.

For a show about cynical and darker side of the industry it never went deep enough.
What's worse the show lost it's message.

At the start the show established that "The industry is cynical and profit focused and that only by manipulating, lying and pretending can you achieve something", yet somehow ended with "try your best and be honest to succeed!" message? And a non-ending to boot?

+1 I also have high hopes in the beginning, it seemed kinda promising. That they will show us this harsh world of real seiyuu business. Yet they started running in circles pretty soon and at the same time usual anime cliches started to appear more and more with each following episode. They grew more and more average, never managing to a) make Chitose more likeable so that viewers actually cares about her or b) explore the anime industry way deeper. We got yet another "Believe in yourself to achieve your dreams" anime instead of something that would try to be a least a bit different. And it's also hard to like a show with such unlikeable main character.

I blame inexperienced animator came to be a producer that directed this. I blame Watari Waturu that he wrote something so uncompelling when his Oregairu is such hit. I blame unexperienced seiyuu that didn't help the anime either. Only character design was kinda cute and that's why I even managed to see this through. This was not even close to greatness of Shirobako, everyone please watch that instead.

4/10 and only because there were some good parts in it. The show HAD a potential at the beginning yet it flopped without any clear message in the end. And honestly, it's pretty forgettable at best, noone will even remember this a few years. Move on.
Jan 7, 2017 1:35 PM

Mar 2009
I will miss Chitose and Kazuha. :(
It's a shame Momoka's character wasn't fleshed out more. There was a lot of material there.
Jan 9, 2017 6:52 AM

Jun 2015
ITT: People saying Chitose was a bad character because she didn't pull a Mary Sue at the end and 180 her personality into a perfect human being. Chitose was one of the more impressive characters of 2016 for actually acting like a real, flawed individual. No one changes overnight, but she did change to some extent.

Not every show needs a Fairytale ending with an unambiguous message. Sometimes life just happens; sometimes the people you work with may be a pain, but they are key to the group.
Jan 11, 2017 2:03 PM
Apr 2014
What a weird start oO She was being motivated at the end of the last ep and now she's just back to her unmotivated bad mood?

And why did she take so long to get there? That was like half a day unless I misunderstood the light outside when she finally arrived.
Jan 12, 2017 2:19 PM

Jul 2011
I just started watching this series yesterday and... it surprised me a lot! I thought it was going to be very silly but it was actually really good! The final episode was great in my opinion!

8/10
Jan 19, 2017 6:25 AM

Mar 2015
Nice to see Kuzu and Chitose seemingly turn over new leaves! This series was fun enough to watch, it was less about the world of seiyuu and more about coming of age and handling the adult world, which I can relate to.

7/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 23, 2017 5:49 PM

Sep 2014
I honestly think this show could've had a lot more going for it. However it was surprisingly fun! I really liked Chitose and now I need that shirt of hers.

Also am I the only one who realized majority of this episode was Chitose being late. lol
Feb 7, 2017 4:15 PM

Jul 2014
Honestly was a drag watching this. Thought Chitose would change for the better and she's at the "college age". Fai's argument makes sense imo.

4/10
Feb 19, 2017 10:41 AM

Apr 2015
This wasn't a iyashikei and had a obvious objective from the start, which isn't really a great goal, cos it's such an old and inattractive message. No one would be entertained by, and would look forward to, watching Chitose grow up and become an adult. Girlish Number can't be fun just by drawing the struggles of Chitose and co while becoming a good bolt and nut in the anime industry.

Thus it aims to entertain the viewer by comedy, by sideshow drama, and through (faux?) honest caricatures of real personalities in the anime industry. None of them are big failures but none of them are rousing successes neither. Average at best.

So, The biggest draw of the show was Chitose herself. And she is most attractive, and entertaining, when she isn't serious. Shirobako's cast works well in humorous settings, but equally well when they are serious too. This cast is extremely boring when they are serious. I stated this time and again...Chitose's like Balotelli.

So, she shouldn't grow up for the good of the show, but then she has to grow up because the show achieves absolutely nothing without that being achieved. Thus the producers decided too...half-grow-up her. Adapt her. Understandable, but also disappointing.

5/10. Not a bad show, but rather pointless in hindsight.
LanzApr 16, 2017 10:11 AM
Feb 19, 2017 10:29 PM

Nov 2011
I binged watched this because I was procrastinating my homework. All I can say is that it was a decent series and I enjoyed how "terrible" the characters are. Especially Chi-chan. With that said 8/10

KATTA NA! GAHAHAHA
Mar 13, 2017 10:15 PM

Jun 2016
I wish I knew how to express the way that I feel about this show. As some of you may know, popular anime YouTuber Mother's Basement had a lot of praise for this show based off of his impressions of the first three episodes, and then Digibro named it his 2016 Anime of the Year, so I felt I had to try it.

My reaction to the series in general was decidedly "meh". The girls are cute, even if their personalities are pretty awful. The writing was sharp, and perhaps the strongest aspect of the show is the dialogue and evolving character dynamics. But I just didn't feel "hooked". Now that it's over, I feel kinda numb.

6/10
Mar 15, 2017 10:44 PM
Nov 2012
Had the opposite reaction. Thought the show kinda spoke to a truth about "post school" life. IT had funny cynical moments but also cute ones with nice little pay offs when characters saw the world through someone else's eyes.

Usually can't stand slice of life, etc types of shows but this show felt honest.
Jun 28, 2017 10:33 AM

Nov 2016
I just finished the anime , it's a really good anime i enjoyed every episode of it and i especially liked the Op a lot , My fav character is Chitose ofc she's just plainly funny and CUTE AFFFFFFFFF <3 <3 , Anyways she really wanted to become popular but got confused about what to do in the middle of it but lastly she actually got herr motivation back when she talked to Gojou and released her confined stress and in the last dubbing session everyone was waiting for her and that gave me goosebumps , I really liked it when Chitose lead them in that last song they sang and i liked everything about Chitose actually ... It's a great anime every episode was enjoyable and i HOPE there's a season 2 of it , Looking forward {": :D
Jul 25, 2017 6:24 PM

Jun 2017
This was an entertaining show. hope for a direct season 2 :)
Sep 4, 2017 2:33 AM

Oct 2012
That's Chi-sama I adore and admire!
That "Pyah" though xD
"Pyah!"
Yep it's society's faults! xD

KATTA NA! GAHAHAHA!

Thank you Watari Wataru-sensei for Gi(a)rlish number
Now, where's my volume 12 13 of Yahari ore no seishun love come wa machigatteiru? xD
"Signature removed"
Oct 26, 2017 11:09 PM

Jun 2013
This show spoke to me somehow. Can't say it was flawless, but most of the flaws that people bring up are either not flaws from my point of view, or they just don't bother me.

The visuals were not exceptional or ambitious, but they were solid with only a handful of noticeable warts - cute and distinct character designs, good backgrounds, solid directing that let me feel almost like I was there. Chitose was an excellent character - loveable despite (and sometimes because of) her problematic personality. There was consistently good comedy, and good drama when the time came. I could strongly relate to the problems faced by the characters, without it feeling patronizing (and I'm not an actor or even an artist). Every prominent character felt like they had a reason to be on the show. The rapport that eventually developed between the five girls was heartwarming.

And then there's the commentary on the industry, which was nothing but gratifying. I liked the direction they took with Chitose at the end, too. Maybe the show struck that odd balance between cynicism and optimism that I specifically enjoy.

I wish GN had been better received, but it's also rare that I feel more positive about an anime than most of those who finished it... Feels strange. Part of me wants to believe that it failed to find the right audience. I would have like to see more, had there been a sequel - not because of the ending, but because I would have liked to spend more time with the these characters.
LeeTailorOct 26, 2017 11:20 PM
Dec 6, 2017 5:23 PM

May 2012
Well I'm actually glad that's the end of it to be honest. And I must say I actually really did not like it that much to begin with. It felt rather off, especially the pacing and the character development and pacing were just meh overall.

Nothing too interesting of a series if you ask me, not even worth finishing if I may be completely honest!
Feb 8, 2018 2:52 PM

Oct 2015
I must say this anime has been able to teach me a little about VA and being Seiyuu. I loved Chitose and her narcissistic attitude, and I can see her attitude hasn't changed. I see also Nanami is still the main star of the production, I guess Chitose should really be seriously committed as her brother suggested.

I think the anime is average in everything because some characters were annoying as hell such as Kazuha and Kuzu. In other words all characters except Chi never left lasting impression. I also yawn in most EPs.

So it's a 5/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 9, 2018 1:31 PM

Sep 2011
I guess I understand why the series' score is low. Well, the amusing character on this show for me is the author who given up on life because of his work is getting annihilated due to its anime adaptation.

Well, I'm surprised I managed to finish this show.

Feb 16, 2020 3:10 AM

Sep 2014
Well this anime started really good and looked promising but then afterwards started becoming a bit stale. Chitose as character felt somewhat lackluster to me, Hell characters like Kuzu, Gojou, Towada and even that dead depressed sensei felt more intriguing than her. Lastly i would say this anime wasn't bad but it wasn't that good either.
Feb 21, 2020 4:26 PM

Feb 2018
Good anime, overall 10/10 xD.
May 10, 2021 6:35 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well I really liked Chitose's character development in episode 11 and 12, and actually it was a good way to end the anime, I felt like it was meh until episode 10, but with that kind of ending I can say it was fine overall
Aug 13, 2021 11:21 PM
Mar 2019
Well i normally really like shows where a special job is shown with nice characters, but i think this is the worst show in this field i have seen yet.

The main character is just not likeable at all. Someone without talent who isnt even working hard but is cocky. Cant even imagine a worse character for this kind of show. I liked the first few episodes because it was a nice starting point but then nothing just changed till epdisode 12. She got even worse.

In this show the main character has to be nice because the plot cant carry it.

4/10 becaue the art was fine and the sidecharacters were okay as well.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2016

70 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 14, 2023 10:33 AM

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2016

84 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 13, 2023 11:40 PM

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2016

63 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 13, 2023 11:37 PM

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2016

65 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 13, 2023 10:13 PM

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2016

54 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 13, 2023 10:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.