Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 15, 2016 6:00 AM

Apr 2008
Bakugo must have THE worst personality ever to become a hero lol, like, seriously, why does he want to be a hero other than to be '' the best'' ; at the moment he's still so much more of a villain than a hero lol
May 15, 2016 6:00 AM
Dec 2013
So we see why Bakugou became such a negative person, and it's because Izuku offered him some help from falling in the river. Bakugou mistook it and thought Izuku was underestimating him, when all Izuku was doing was giving him a helping hand. What an idiot.
May 15, 2016 6:04 AM
Jan 2015
I wanted Izuku to beat Katsuki but I'm glad they chose to end the battle with something else :D Best episode so far imo
May 15, 2016 6:04 AM

Jan 2013
Nhoire said:
This team strategy of Deku and Uraraka was so epic that made my breath to stop for a few second.

almost 2/5 for this episode but with Bakugo, a flat 1/5 for me.

wat ?

May 15, 2016 6:14 AM

Jun 2014
HOLY SHIT THIS SHOW MAKES ME SHAKE WITH EXCITEMENT EVERY EPISODE.

I am geeking out like crazy over how well all the different pieces fit together.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
May 15, 2016 6:17 AM

Oct 2009
Bakugo has some serious issues man. Like Deku wasn't even trying to compete with him when they were younger. Serious inferiority complex man, he needs help lol

Dear Bakugo

His VA must be having a hard time voicing him, what with all the screaming and everything. That must be painful for the throat. /o.o\

Anyway, great ep!
Deku, you never fail to impress me. *hugs* :')

On to ep 8! Plus Ultra ♥

May 15, 2016 6:23 AM

May 2015
And another episode that delivers. Awesome and epic. No shit Bakugou's ego is all so high and mighty. That guy got spoiled and praised in the past like no tomorrow. Gotta say, that honestly made me dislike him even more. The guy thinks he's some sort of god. Lame.
ReverberateMay 15, 2016 6:26 AM

May 15, 2016 6:24 AM
Jul 2014
Epic episode. For those who didn't see it, Toho uploaded a short PV showing the voice acting for Shigaraki Tomura (one of the most important villains in the series and my favorite character)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=S3OS705FAYA
May 15, 2016 6:37 AM
Apr 2016
Straw-Hat-Matt said:
Bakugo must have THE worst personality ever to become a hero lol, like, seriously, why does he want to be a hero other than to be '' the best'' ; at the moment he's still so much more of a villain than a hero lol

Oh we'll meet a hero with just as bad a personality. Maybe worse
May 15, 2016 6:37 AM

May 2012

Oh cool, thanks for that. I feel like Mr. Uchiyama was a nice fit for him

May 15, 2016 7:18 AM

Jul 2009
Oh my goodness, normally flashback background stories are supposed to make you feel sympathy and like a character more but all this did for Kacchan is prove he's really rotten xD. What a selfish bad kid. Sure he's talented but he's unsympathetic in pretty much all aspects.

Makes me wonder if the story is actually going to develop his growth into a villain instead of a hero. At this point after seeing how hard Deku worked and seeing how injured he made his childhood friend he should feel guilty and check himself...if not then seriously what is there to like about him? Villain all the way.

I mean wholly shit he was just worried you hurt yourself when you fell. You're not indestructible. Kid be trippin' over actually having a nice friend.

Deku you're awesome.

EDIT: spelling
InugirlzMay 15, 2016 8:22 AM
May 15, 2016 7:19 AM

Jun 2010
This here arc would be pretty cool if not for how forced it is. Seriously, I can't be the only one hating how the Bakugo guy is written, right? He could have been such an interesting character if he was a character and not just "evil". This episode finally tried to justify his unreasonable and over-the-top hatred for the main character... and they ruined it.

Fighting against one's pride is a solid character arc, but come on, we have to see where the pride comes from and how it became what he is now. Instead, we're shown that he was good at skipping stones and learned some kanji early - boom, he is now obsessed with being treated like a god. That's not transition; that's not even the same person! Or rather it is exactly the same person - as in, he still has a mind of a five year-old, meaning the flashbacks could have just as well been to five minutes ago. Seriously, we are to believe he's a teenager? With this kind of obsession over this kind of nothing?

Let's say he was a kid in the right place at the right time and used his Quirk to help a hero save a bunch of people, then got all over the news, people praising him everywhere, claiming he's the next All Might - that would have been a plausible reason for him to get as arrogant and full of himself as he is shown to be now. Then he could feel heavily insulted by being offered help from the Quirkless lame kid. But just being good at childish games - ones completely unrelated to either hero-ness or even his Quirk in general - wouldn't have such an effect on him. At most he would try to best the main character in every class or something, not immediately go insane and try to beat him half to death.

And I can't help but feel that seeing the main character suddenly manifest an incredible Quirk would at most caused Bakugo to violently demand an explanation - then maybe he would demand a battle to prove his explosions are still greater. That was way too against all logic and common sense. The character in general is.

It seems like they're going to develop his character further on, which is very much needed - I just wish he made sense to begin with.
May 15, 2016 7:25 AM

Dec 2012
Iida is even more hilarious in the anime Lmao. I can't believe that Kaij Yuki voice isn't completely shit as Todoriki, not bad, was impressed.

This adaptation is perfect in everything except the pacing :o
May 15, 2016 7:29 AM
Jan 2014
http://i.4cdn.org/a/1463305465949.jpg

Heroaca and Kacchan are currently trending in Japanese twitter. People are praising Bakugou's character and his seiyuu.
May 15, 2016 7:31 AM
Apr 2016
i teared up when i saw deku at the end.
May 15, 2016 7:37 AM

Apr 2009
FragOutFire said:
imagine hating someone more than anything because one time, he was nice

that's not a normal occurrence...

basically, explosion boy is in love with the MC

why didn't jet boy lift a finger except to practice his evil persona to dubstep?

gettin real tired of your shit, bakugo. would have liked to have seen him eat shit from a smash. or for izuku to win without having to use his quirk, but eh teamwork ending is good too

pretty much i ship them xd
May 15, 2016 7:49 AM

Feb 2014
Glad to see my homeboy Deku win.

Bakugou needs to get a reality check and people need to stop feeding his huge ego. Can't wait for the day he gets knocked down a peg.
May 15, 2016 7:51 AM

Apr 2014
Great episode! Really good animation as usual and more explanation and such...
May 15, 2016 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
Man, I can't believe how someone can get so mad at someone for being nice to you. Such inferiority complex. I can't help but laugh. I have no idea why Bakugo is trying to be a hero and not villain, because he is anything but a hero.

May 15, 2016 8:00 AM

Jan 2014
WOW...Cant get used to that Kacchan guy's ego...Its over 9000...

TyrelMay 15, 2016 9:23 AM
May 15, 2016 8:03 AM

Jan 2015
hands down to Bones. The bomb retrieval was SO epic, the detroit smash, the animation
May 15, 2016 8:04 AM

May 2014
Is he secretly one punch man ? :P

I hope this gets fully adapted , i want to see if what ppl have been saying about this series is true or not.
May 15, 2016 8:08 AM

Apr 2011
Great work, BONES. Everything was perfect.

Kacchan is a jerk...As a manga reader, I can totally understand why people dislike/hate him a lot in the beginning but I also can see why some like him despite him being the way he is.

Villain!Iida was hilarious.

The author said he wrote him to be unlikable at first and seeing the reactions here, it really has worked.

But you are dead wrong about the villain part. I am not going to spoil anything but only say the kid really wants to be a Hero and has the most drive in the whole cast do achieve that. Situations in the recent chapters only prove my statement further.

I don't know if people hate him because of how he is written or because of his personality/attitude but if I had to guess, it is the latter. And no, he is not evil. He has an awful personality and that's...pretty much it.

And you got his character pretty wrong or maybe you didn't understand why he is the way he is. It's very simple:
He is a very smart kid, a kinda-like prodigy who since young age (even before his quirck appeared) was praised by his fellow kids. That inflated his ego massively and with the appearance of the quirck it became worse. Everyone sucked his dick, to say it. A talened person who knows is talented, gets praised for this and is also a hard worker, has massive superiority complex but also a very fragile ego and mind thinking about his surroundings. He hates Deku because the quirckless, useless kid was worried about someone so powerful as him and wanted to help him. That to his eyes is showing weakness and can't stand the powerless fighting back.

For me, his reasonings make good sense because I have meet people like him in real life minus the aggresive/violent aspect. But really, if you think his character doesn't make sense I can't change that. He gets character development later on but don't expect any tragic past or something like that. What you saw, is what his past is. Besides a part later on which will not be adapted in the anime, this episode explains how he became the person you saw.

Ok, the villain comments keep coming. I see why people think like that, but:
shitty personality=/=wants to cause chaos and destruction.
May 15, 2016 8:24 AM

Apr 2011
This episode was the best so far that fight was so epicness
10 out of 10
May 15, 2016 8:26 AM

Dec 2011
Just for self-reminder. Episode 2, 4, and now 7 have tearjerker moment and OST at the end.
May 15, 2016 8:31 AM

Apr 2011
Iida was so funny XDD and Kacchan was annoying

The latter of this episode is intense! Deku is awesome!

May 15, 2016 8:34 AM
Jul 2018
I like every character except Deku and Bakugou, they're like a black hole of charisma and likability
May 15, 2016 8:49 AM

Mar 2014
Iida really needs to take a chill pill
360AttAck said:
SKP138 said:
Dropped. This show is not for me. I legitimately can not deal with this for 6 more weeks.
I'm 99% sure you are trolling
Dropping a show you like ≠ trolling
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
May 15, 2016 8:50 AM

Apr 2015
Still not very impressed by this.

I guess that's just how these battle shounen work...never that impressive during their start.
May 15, 2016 8:52 AM

Sep 2013
Gawd Iida-kun was just so dorky and hilarious. There's always something about these types of characters being voiced by IshiKai that make them special xD

I really like Kacchan. He's pretty cool. Deku is cooler though. There's something about his seiyuu + the OST + the things he says that collectively make him cooler than Kacchan.

Their facial expressions at the end broke my heart ;; and the ED song didn't help after.
May 15, 2016 9:02 AM

Sep 2015
I'm bothing loving and hating the slow pace of this. Those flashbacks took a lot of time and I was just really eager to see the actual fight, but then at the same time, the build-up to the ending of the fight made it pay off that much more.

It seems that Bakugo has realised the damaging toll Deku's Quirk takes on his body, so maybe, hopefully he tones his cunt-ness down a little bit now. There's having a chip on your shoulder, and then that's Bakugo.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
May 15, 2016 9:09 AM
Oct 2010
I wish they'd ease up on the flashbacks from previous episodes honestly. Other than that, shit was great.
May 15, 2016 9:18 AM

Sep 2014
I love Bakugo's personality. This was some pretty good shit!

Also, like many are saying already... Can we stop with the unnecessary flashbacks of footage we have already seen?
May 15, 2016 9:29 AM

Jul 2013
The battle was very one sided until the end, but I enjoyed it a lot. I loved how Deku (and Uraraka) won for being pragmatic rather than for surpassing his (their) opponent(s) with brute force.

Kacchan's character and his hate towards Deku are really irrational and unjustified, but I really like how assholic he is. He is obnoxious, but in a way so funny it's hard for me to hate him

Iida's villain performance was hilarious. He is becoming my favorite character each episode he appears.
May 15, 2016 9:36 AM
Jun 2013
My boy DEKU! It's another great episode and I think Kacchan is gonna get paradigm shift regarding ma boy DEKU. Hope this will de-spell some of the delusionl in Bakogo's head.
May 15, 2016 9:37 AM

Dec 2015
Tsukkimaru said:
ArtemisFlow said:

Bakugo was there to witness the official birth of the madman and got scarred for life

More like watching his new crush die due to him

Wait... this isn't a spoiler is it?
"Anime is trash and so am I."
May 15, 2016 9:42 AM

Aug 2010
That was one of hell an episode. This show just keeps on doing it every week. Bakugo was an asshole since his childhood. I'm sure he'll start to get some development soon.
May 15, 2016 9:45 AM

Apr 2016
Hibikase said:
Tsukkimaru said:

More like watching his new crush die due to him

Wait... this isn't a spoiler is it?

As someone who reads the manga I can tell you its not a spoiler.
May 15, 2016 9:52 AM

Jan 2015
Epic episode. Freaking epic episode

11/10
May 15, 2016 9:58 AM
Mar 2015
This was the best episode and the 4th one is 2nd best.
Wow what an anime and what an perfect adaption.
May 15, 2016 10:01 AM

Nov 2014
I really like what we get each episode, but the pacing is killing me. this episode was so so stretched out. the source material seems awesome so it makes me pretty sad.
May 15, 2016 10:16 AM

Jul 2015
Damn, that is exciting to watch. A main protagonist, who thinks before he strikes.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
May 15, 2016 10:18 AM
Sep 2012
eworm said:
This here arc would be pretty cool if not for how forced it is. Seriously, I can't be the only one hating how the Bakugo guy is written, right? He could have been such an interesting character if he was a character and not just "evil". This episode finally tried to justify his unreasonable and over-the-top hatred for the main character... and they ruined it.

Fighting against one's pride is a solid character arc, but come on, we have to see where the pride comes from and how it became what he is now. Instead, we're shown that he was good at skipping stones and learned some kanji early - boom, he is now obsessed with being treated like a god. That's not transition; that's not even the same person! Or rather it is exactly the same person - as in, he still has a mind of a five year-old, meaning the flashbacks could have just as well been to five minutes ago. Seriously, we are to believe he's a teenager? With this kind of obsession over this kind of nothing?

Let's say he was a kid in the right place at the right time and used his Quirk to help a hero save a bunch of people, then got all over the news, people praising him everywhere, claiming he's the next All Might - that would have been a plausible reason for him to get as arrogant and full of himself as he is shown to be now. Then he could feel heavily insulted by being offered help from the Quirkless lame kid. But just being good at childish games - ones completely unrelated to either hero-ness or even his Quirk in general - wouldn't have such an effect on him. At most he would try to best the main character in every class or something, not immediately go insane and try to beat him half to death.

And I can't help but feel that seeing the main character suddenly manifest an incredible Quirk would at most caused Bakugo to violently demand an explanation - then maybe he would demand a battle to prove his explosions are still greater. That was way too against all logic and common sense. The character in general is.

It seems like they're going to develop his character further on, which is very much needed - I just wish he made sense to begin with.

Great explanation about Bakugou's personality and character. I'll just quote, so that others can also see it in case they miss it.
May 15, 2016 10:29 AM

Jan 2013
Good episode as usual. Really slow pace though.

Oct 2015
yuyyuka said:
Ok, the villain comments keep coming. I see why people think like that, but:
shitty personality=/=wants to cause chaos and destruction.

Get used to it, if they don't read the manga people are going to keep this up until *that part* is animated, same with the sasuke comments.

Feb 2016
so bakugo love deku ? Jesus dude don't hide it , you just love that kid lol
Anyway , great episode !!
During the flashback they played some cool ost , i mean i felt like it was DN and light will appear lol

A bit "meh" on the way that deku keep explaning how much he think bakugo is awsome and that's why he wants to beat him .
Yea... a bit cliche there

Though all mighty told bakugo if he kept destroing the place his team would end up losing points , still deku end up destroying the fucking place ( doesnt it count ? )

And lastly i want to ask !!

did bakugo in the last part get mad because deku took his powerfull attack on one of his hand ( i guess the left one ) without quirk ? Which cause his hand to shatter
or did deku actully use his quirk on both of his hands ? One to smach with it and the other one to defend bakugo attack with it ?

8/10
hisokathebutcherMay 15, 2016 10:33 AM
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
May 15, 2016 10:34 AM

Aug 2014
Bakugo is definitely a tsundere :^) What an intense episode, pretty smart thinking from Deku's side with that plan!
May 15, 2016 10:39 AM

Sep 2015
Forgot to screenshot it but the face Bakougo had after the match LMAOAOAOAOAOAO
May 15, 2016 10:40 AM

Apr 2013
Lol damn, bakugo rages so damn hard each episode, but this episode he brought rage to a whole new level.

Great ending ~
May 15, 2016 10:52 AM

Jan 2008
That was intense and epic! Iida is definitely suited for the villain role xD
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2016

421 by jumbosan »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

436 by His0kaDevv »»
Apr 11, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

403 by Esu_Kei »»
Apr 10, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

332 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 21, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

276 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 18, 8:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.