Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 15, 2016 1:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, that was quite something. Also quite impressed at how much Deku has improved from his training. I think even All Might realize it too. The flashbacks reflects some interesting interactions between them as well. I felt bad for Deku though as he got humiliated..

Pretty sure Bakugo's pride almost made him completely lose it and forgot this was a match rather than some fight to the death. Solid episode overall, really liked the soundtrack they used for the final clash of the fight. Uraraka was also exciting to watch, grats on her and Deku's win.

May 15, 2016 1:28 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT....Bones delivers yet again

I wonder how many people will be surprised by both Deku and Bakugou in this episode....This is only a taste of what's to come with these two and their development =P

I really liked Shouto's voice as well....Not bad at all Yuki, not bad....Great episode overall as usual, the fight was epic like in the manga and I'm thankful for it
May 15, 2016 1:30 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Kacchan was less hostile when he was a child (well, if he was just as hostile back then, that would’ve been a big problem). Damn, Kacchan is really pissed though and he’s going all out. Meanwhile it’s Iida vs. Uraraka. Lol at Iida being a villain though. If his explosions actually made contact with Deku though… he would’ve been resting in pieces.
Kachhan’s fighting pretty strategically too. He really wants Deku to use his quirk though. But Deku making Uraraka reach the objective was cool. Kachhan lost it, both the practice and mentally too, lol. Animations were absolutely fantastic in this episode and I love Kacchan's voice so much!

5/5
May 15, 2016 2:23 AM

Mar 2016
This was my favorite episode so far *w*
also,
May 15, 2016 2:29 AM

Sep 2015
I was waiting for Ochako to throw up :(
Deku's power is amazing, he didn't even touch the building to destroy it
May 15, 2016 2:35 AM

Dec 2015
I was waiting for this episode to be animated. I thought they did a good job with it :P. Also, that backstory, where Deku is in the class being called quirkless when he is a little kid: that is totally going to be made into a meme like the other 2 memes for this show xDD. Deku is like the only character I've seen that looks so pathetic and sketched out xD.
May 15, 2016 2:41 AM

Jan 2016
imagine hating someone more than anything because one time, he was nice

that's not a normal occurrence...

basically, explosion boy is in love with the MC

why didn't jet boy lift a finger except to practice his evil persona to dubstep?

gettin real tired of your shit, bakugo. would have liked to have seen him eat shit from a smash. or for izuku to win without having to use his quirk, but eh teamwork ending is good too
FragOutFireMay 15, 2016 2:53 AM
May 15, 2016 2:44 AM

Jan 2012
9 and 10 adapted this week. A good episode, but probably a bit too flashback heavy for my liking. Understandable for trying to give insight into Bakugo's character and his relationship with Izuku, but frankly I just don't like him much, never have. Regardless of the reasoning behind why he is who he is he's still a very obnoxious, self-absorbed, dense ass. Still, what action we got looked good, especially Deku's Detroit Smash, that looked great. Deku outdid himself given his handicaps and really shone through, but the cost(once again) looked brutal. Enjoyed Uraraka glomping the weapon and "evil" Iida too. But this week definitely left me wishing I had another episode to watch, and not in the good, I can wait, sense so much as only having the first course of a meal. Thankfully next week should provide me with a bit more.

animefan8800May 15, 2016 3:01 AM
May 15, 2016 2:50 AM

Jan 2015

So it's another episode of tear-jerker? It's okay, I can deal with it. At least I get to see that funny expression. LOL
This episode of settling the score is too one-sided for Deku. But thanks to his partner and his well-think also desperate plan, he can win the match.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 15, 2016 2:50 AM

Dec 2014
Epic episode, Loved it. Great adaptation of the fight by Bones :D

Iida's acting is really over the top XD

Lot of flashback regarding Deku and Bakugou's relationship, After all that praise Bakugou became quite the conceited and arrogant guy but he is still one of the most driven characters in the show. I suppose Deku offering to help made him think that Deku felt he was too weak to get out of the situation himself. Talk about a good intention rubbing off the wrong way .

I really love the way Bakugou uses his quirk, The way he maneuvers himself around by using the explosions is really creative and amazing too watch.
Truly a battle genius.

That Deku reaction after being called quirkless by the class :(

Deku was great this episode standing up to Bakugou and that One for All usage was breathtaking, The way they showed it destroying the floor was epic as hell.

Can't wait for the next episode :D

Plus Ultra!
May 15, 2016 2:56 AM

May 2012
My god, Deku was a lot cooler at this part than I remembered. Todoroki gon' dominate next episode lol

Honestly, I've always just thought of Bakugou as a big tsundere lol

5/5 for this episode. It's already been said before countless times, but Bones are really doing justice for this.

May 15, 2016 2:57 AM

Sep 2013
How was that 20 minutes? That was incredibly good. The voice acting just gave everything about this scene so much more to offer.
May 15, 2016 3:00 AM

Jun 2014
Wow! That was amazing!
:3
May 15, 2016 3:01 AM

Dec 2013
Iida's villian face was hilarious! Uraka was as adorable as always.

Bakugou really does have some serious rage issues but it was cool to see that he wasn't completely insane. Although he still needs to go see a therapist.

Ending had me cheering!

Nov 2015
Great ep, I don't know how much but it surely treading away from the generic shounen tag.
Deku has been analyzing the Hero patterns for so long and it paid with Bakugo.
All Might's face when he was about to stop then was great.
Lol at both Lida's villainy act and Uraraka's flight attempt.

Jul 2014
OK THAT WAS PURE EPICNESS.
Absolutely incredible, goat/10, by far my favorite episode so far. Even though I knew what was coming since I read the manga, I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Nobu's voice acting as Kacchan was so damn on point. Todoroki finally talked but I didn't like his voice
I can't wait for the next episode.
May 15, 2016 3:04 AM

Jul 2012
God that was such a good episode, everything was on point, amazing!
Can't wait for next week for

arrrhh so good

5/5
May 15, 2016 3:05 AM

Dec 2012
Awesome episode. Deku really looked up to Bakugou when they were little kids.
Bakugou is looking super pissed. He wants to be the BEST.
Lol Iida really getting into the role of a villain.

Todoroki finally spoke. Another Yuki Kaiji role. He sounds good. Also nice to to hear Ashido, Tokoyami & other students finally speak.
Lol Mineta just wants to stare at Momo's chest.

That final clash was amazing. Deku vs Bakugou.
Love how Deku sent that DETROIT SMASH right up to the roof & gave Uraraka an opportunity to win it for the Hero Team.

DAMN Deku now has both his arms heavily damaged.

Plus Ultra!
Santoryu_XBurnerMay 15, 2016 3:19 AM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 15, 2016 3:08 AM

Apr 2016
E.P.I.C
Kacchan was so mad O-O it's incredible
May 15, 2016 3:16 AM
Oct 2013
I felt the pacing was a little off but overall it was a great episode.
May 15, 2016 3:23 AM

Aug 2010
That was amazing. Holy Shit Nobuhiko. DAT VAing for Bakugo was insane. The evil overflowing. And his Nitro sweat explosion was friggin deadly. And all the faces he made were so well drawn. DAMN!! His fighting style is so fun tbh

Gotta love Deku going all out with his strategies. Even til the very end. The way he Detroit Smashed (WHICH LOOKED ABSOLUTELY BA) the wall letting Ochako Zero Gravity all the rubble was epic. Iida couldn't do shit.

Speaking of Iida lol at his Villain acting XD

Tokoyami and Todoroki finally talked yay
May 15, 2016 3:37 AM

Mar 2016
WAAAAAH I NEED THE NEXT EPISODE, THAT EPISODE WAS EPIC AS FCK

anyway, I like how Iida took the villain thing seriously XD
May 15, 2016 3:43 AM
Jul 2018
great episode! deku finally stands up against bakugo (well not really)
i loved the seiyuu and soundtracks this episode especially
the last few minutes where he used detroit smash literally got me into tears..
May 15, 2016 3:44 AM

Mar 2014
Wow this was great, the visuals and the music made for an epic fight. I love Deku's serious face when coming up with a strategy XD

I can imagine the animators having a lot of fun drawing Bakugou;s rage faces
May 15, 2016 3:46 AM

Jul 2015
I think they nailed Bakugou's flashbacks here. They contrasted it so well with his current attitude towards Izuku. It's here that we see why Bakugou is how he is. He was simply always better than everyone in his age group. Developed his Quirk first, learned to read first, etc. He saw himself as simply the best. Bakugou can't handle the fact that Izuku, who was powerless his entire life, stood up to him, and is actually rivaling him for once.

Great episode, although the pacing was so-so at the beginning. I can't wait for next week!
"Your guilt will be your past, and that will be your God."
May 15, 2016 3:50 AM

Mar 2012
Wowza, that episode definitely blew me away. I knew Deku was gonna do something with his Quirk, but wasn't exactly expecting that, haha.

OSTs right on point again!
May 15, 2016 3:53 AM

Oct 2015
My heart won't calm down, holy hell that got me good.

I still love Kacchan, no regrets, even though he's such trash.

It only gets better from here on, folks!
May 15, 2016 3:59 AM
Sep 2015
Kacchan calm your jets.
plus ultra.
May 15, 2016 4:01 AM

Dec 2014
i swear this episode got me. i feel i somehow understand why kacchan dislike deku-- but i just really want them to become friends for real. D:
May 15, 2016 4:01 AM

Sep 2013

Bakugo was there to witness the official birth of the madman and got scarred for life
May 15, 2016 4:03 AM

Mar 2011
amazing amazing amazing all the way amazing!!!!!
May 15, 2016 4:11 AM

Feb 2013
Deku is amazing, I couldn't think about such a elaborate plan, his arms are again a mess, one because of his quirk and one from Bakugou.
Ida trying to be a villain was funny, it suited him a bit.
May 15, 2016 4:27 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Kacchan, can you shut the fuck up?
May 15, 2016 4:28 AM

Oct 2015
ArtemisFlow said:

Bakugo was there to witness the official birth of the madman and got scarred for life

More like watching his new crush die due to him
May 15, 2016 4:33 AM
Jan 2014
Jesus these flashbacks. They are really doing what they can to drag this show out and milk it as much as possible

Even moreso when some of the flashbacks are literally just from earlier on in the same damn episode.
May 15, 2016 4:41 AM

Jan 2009
Quite many flashbacks, yeah - but it was so amazing! The visuals, the soundtrack and everything, gawd. Such immense feelings loaded and THAT SMASH.

. . . next week can't be here fast enough (again).
May 15, 2016 4:46 AM
May 2015
This was my favourite episode of any anime this season, it was just something else
May 15, 2016 4:53 AM

Apr 2016
ItsXolo said:
Jesus these flashbacks. They are really doing what they can to drag this show out and milk it as much as possible

Even moreso when some of the flashbacks are literally just from earlier on in the same damn episode.

The manga, mostly in the beginning has a lot of flashbacks, the chapters that this episode adapted in particular is chock-full of them. Though it works better in the manga because the flashbacks themselves don't really have their own panel and are faster to read than watch animated. The only flashbacks I don't really mind are the ones that involves Bakugou's childhood with Deku.
May 15, 2016 4:57 AM

Jun 2014
This episode was epic holy crap! That's kind of the nice thing about me not entirely remembering these parts from the manga, it's like I'm seeing them for the first time again.

It's pretty amazing how Bakugou loathes Deku so much just because he was nice to him. I understand it's more complex than that, but when you really stop and think about it, that's basically what it is in a nutshell. Lol at Iida trying to act like a villain. Deku's plan was quite reckless since he still can't control his Quirk, but it was well-executed and he and Ochako won, so that's all that matters. Great episode, can't wait for the next one!
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 15, 2016 5:00 AM
Oct 2013
thebrentinator24 said:
This episode was epic holy crap! That's kind of the nice thing about me not entirely remembering these parts from the manga, it's like I'm seeing them for the first time again.

It's pretty amazing how Bakugou loathes Deku so much just because he was nice to him. I understand it's more complex than that, but when you really stop and think about it, that's basically what it is in a nutshell. Lol at Iida trying to act like a villain. Deku's plan was quite reckless since he still can't control his Quirk, but it was well-executed and he and Ochako won, so that's all that matters. Great episode, can't wait for the next one!
It really is just a God complex. Now that I think about it, it really reminds me of the whole school system in Assassination classroom.
May 15, 2016 5:07 AM
Dec 2015
Really awesome episode .
i like it when izuku tries his best to surpass katsuki with the help of his HERO notes >.<
May 15, 2016 5:12 AM
Nov 2015
SKP138 said:
Dropped. This show is not for me. I legitimately can not deal with this for 6 more weeks.
I respect your opinion but I have a honest question. How can you handle Big Order and not this? The first episode almost made my brain melts and I'm really ashamed to even mark that I watched it. Is it the excessive use of flashbacks or shonen tropes?
May 15, 2016 5:15 AM

Jun 2013
gad dammit i just hate Bakugo he's such a bastard he has an inferiority complex
May 15, 2016 5:17 AM

Sep 2015
I ship Bakugou and Deku so much like sosuke and noruto.
May 15, 2016 5:19 AM

Feb 2016
Very awesome episode
May 15, 2016 5:20 AM

Feb 2016
SKP138 said:
Dropped. This show is not for me. I legitimately can not deal with this for 6 more weeks.
I'm 99% sure you are trolling
May 15, 2016 5:20 AM
Apr 2014
Already so many flashbacks, truly the next Naruto.
Seeing Bakugo's quirk animated is treat. Bones is doing this series so much justice.
Great episode.
May 15, 2016 5:24 AM

May 2012
I don't know why but I really like Bakugo aka Kacchan as the bad (tsundere, hehe) dude here. His angry voice and always pissed off expression really draws me in. Anyway, great episode! Love the flashback too. Can't wait for next week. hmm...maybe I should read the manga..
May 15, 2016 5:31 AM

Dec 2014
Deku is so inspiring trying so hard.... I wonder when we will see him as someone confident. but he showed that explosive dude who is the boss
May 15, 2016 5:52 AM
Nov 2015
SKP138 said:
Norjack2 said:
Well that's fair enough, if you don't like it you don't like it. It's your opinion and I will respect that. Thanks for an explanation.

And thanks for not trashing me. Hope you enjoy the rest of the series.

Your Point is valid especially the character design , there are so many shows that I cant watch only because they look ugly or simply strange.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

436 by His0kaDevv »»
Apr 11, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

403 by Esu_Kei »»
Apr 10, 1:42 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2016

332 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 21, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2016

276 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 18, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2016

294 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 16, 8:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.