Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 5, 2014 1:13 PM

Jun 2010
well, that was interesting....wasn't expecting anything at first
Oct 5, 2014 1:15 PM

Dec 2009
It isn't flawless in staying true to the Visual Novel. But I love how they nailed the general concept of everything. What's great is they also kept the music of the VN. What I disliked though was the added fanservice that did not exist in the VN. And they could of showed Amane's tits, I dont know why they hid that. They also added a few tiny quirks that weren't from the VN. And the ending was spoiling the secrets that we originally (the VN players) are supposed to find out later while playing the heroine's route.
But overall, fucking awesome.
Oct 5, 2014 1:19 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Yuuji is twice as cooler in anime than the VN. His VA is very suiting for the role.

A basic intro of all the girls. Best interaction was with Michiru. Yuuji knows how to play with a tsundere. XD

Amane fanservice though. :9 . How could Yuuji stay so calm and act so normal in such a situation? >.<

Good episode. That ending though.. A lot of foreshadowing. Looking forward to how the anime handles the plot.

Oct 5, 2014 1:21 PM

Jan 2013
That was way better than I expected.
I really liked the atmosphere and character interactions.
Reminded me of shaft sort of.
Oct 5, 2014 1:22 PM

Aug 2013
Why, 8-bit. Why censor Amane's tits...

I like that they kept all of the same BGM/seiyuus though. Really makes it feel more Visual Novel-like.

No OPs/EDs with this adaptation though?
Oct 5, 2014 1:25 PM

Jan 2008
Just noticed that this has character design by Watanabe Akio. Didn't notice til the tsundere appear. Dat fang.
Oct 5, 2014 1:25 PM

Aug 2014
male lead is voiced by [Sakurai, Takahiro] eh?--
lol i just came from watching the "ookami shoujo" anime that recently aired in which he also leads in.

will definitely continue watching for alpha lead Yuuji.

ending hype! this show's potential is superb right now.
Oct 5, 2014 1:28 PM

Apr 2014
Interesting 1st ep
Oct 5, 2014 1:30 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
bit more panty shots than I recalled from the VN but whatevs, not unexpected :>

also dang didn't really expect them to do THAT much foreshadowing but at least it does in fact really really hint that they're doing all the routes one way or another which makes me very relieved, though of course this would also mean this anime's gonna have to be pretty damn long if they don't want to butcher it completely

ah well anything's possible but at least no matter what the best heroine cast there ever was is finally on anime so I'm not complaining ^^
Oct 5, 2014 1:34 PM

May 2014
Tayasuimonogatri with blatant fanservice, a cold, bland self insert protagonist, and much, much more serious elements, which are unnecessary and hinder the comedic value.
T3hSourceOct 5, 2014 10:47 PM
Oct 5, 2014 1:37 PM

Apr 2010
I heard about the VN a couple of times but i wasn't expecting the development towards the end.
Seems that none of the girls can be considered normal.

I have the say the tsundere part was very funny, that girl had some nice comebacks.
And the only thing i was disappointed about was the sensor.
Will we get an ATX version or will we have to watch till the blue rays to watch this properly?
Oct 5, 2014 1:47 PM

Sep 2012
WHOA, like im currently playing the VN with about 20 play hours,

and the first ep of this reveled stuff i didnt even know about,.

Like i knew Yuuji kun was sometype of "ex soilder" or something around that.

but i didnt know all the other girls wer bat shit crazy,
makes me now wonder if everyone attending this school is associated with armed forces.

x)
def look forward to watching andplaying the VN/
Oct 5, 2014 1:47 PM

Sep 2011
Seems fine adaptation-wise and not disappointing unlike what I expected. Well, enough of me talking about "I have a knowledge about this series because I already played VN" thing.

As for this episode, I was more shocked than how I should be the moment I saw Yuuji naked. And I don't know if I should bother to wait for BD release because of censor but I want to see my glorious Amane.

Oct 5, 2014 1:49 PM

Jan 2013
M3k4toku said:
The art almost looks identical to the Monogatari at some scenes to be completely honest.

Mc = Araragi
Black haired girl = Senjougahara
Pretend tsundere = Shinobu

Because the Monogatari character art designer designed the Grisaia character art.
Oct 5, 2014 1:56 PM

Nov 2013
Well I'm gonna wait for the BD for this one. I need to see tits.

Oct 5, 2014 1:56 PM

Mar 2014
Sweanime said:
The englishlesson must be animated. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ncADFZgvnk

They better put in the Amane bed sniffing and running cadence
Oct 5, 2014 1:58 PM

Mar 2013
Why do people freak out over censoring? All you didn't see was a pair of breasts, you can find that anywhere on the internet, big deal. Anyway, it seemed a promising start for a enjoyable VN. I do wonder how they are going to adapt it all though, and if it's successful, will they do the sequel VN? So far it look to be all the routes, guess we will just have to wait to find out. Well, Yumiko was my favorite heroine, so as long as her route is adapted well, then I'm happy. One thing I do like about this though, is that we have a protagonist that doesn't annoy me. The show could end up being a mess of an adaption, but I could still watch it for him alone.
Oct 5, 2014 2:04 PM
Jan 2014
Damn. I have only played Sakaki route so far (and haven't finished it yet) but after those flashbacks I'm sooooo playing through it. I like the animation (although they went overboard with pantyshots). And that ending... This is the first time I see an anime based on a VN I played air... and it feels surprisingly great!
Oct 5, 2014 2:05 PM
Apr 2011
Now, I will admit that Yuuji has a nice body and ass, but why is it that we see more of his ass than girls? Is this a new type of fanservice in a harem anime?
Oct 5, 2014 2:14 PM

May 2010
Vac said:
Wow, I didn't expect so many spoilers in a discussion about a show's first episode.

this. cmon guys, some people haven't read the vn. last i checked we were in anime discussion not talk about things that we want from the vn.

also what censoring are you guys talking about exactly? all i see is bare naked yuujibooty

Oct 5, 2014 2:14 PM

Jan 2012
YES YES YES YES YES, This captured a lot of the feel of the Visual Novel , Super hyped.
Oct 5, 2014 2:18 PM

Aug 2013
The end surprised me, to be continued..
Oct 5, 2014 2:19 PM

Sep 2014
Great first episode. Doesn't the last two minutes practically confirm this won't be a 1-cour show? They basically confirm they're going to go with the idea of adapting all routes with all that foreshadowing, they wouldn't put that much emphasize on it otherwise. I mean all you have to do is think about it, even if they take the next episode to be 'relationship building' it wouldn't be enough to emotionally invest the characters, as it'd leave each heroine 2 episodes each for their respective route, which I severely doubt they'll do.

Just my take on it, my personal common sense is more or less implanted with the idea that this will be at least 2-cour.

The pantsu was a little over-the-top, but it wasn't enough to ever deter me from the scenes. The animation was gorgeous, and so fluid. Michiru's scenes were very well animated, her movements were fluid and lively instead of the basic static poses with moving mouths. Sakaki's introduction animation was jaw-dropping, Ufotable level. Foreshadowing was quite heavy-handed with Yumiko's little addition in the end, but otherwise couldn't ask for a better first episode, and I simply can't wait for next week, it promises to be something really damn good.

Also, Sakurai Takahiro... So damn perfect for Yuuji, dear gosh.
LivvOct 5, 2014 2:43 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2014 2:19 PM

Aug 2013
The end surprised me, to be continued..
Oct 5, 2014 2:25 PM

Nov 2013
Gr33ncar said:
im glad they kept the soundtrack from the VN, but why the censoring!!! WHY!!

BD sales.

Pretty fun first episode, main character is amusing. Blonde girl best girl, I mean come on she was holding a cat while pulling a cat face. Her design reminds me slightly of Hachikuji, which is always a plus I guess.

Last minute of the episode was like... woah. I didn't even read the synopsis for this series lol.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 5, 2014 2:29 PM

Sep 2012
precious said:
Yuuji has way too many muscles (like wtf was that scene even, lol

When you run a marathon every morning of your life and work out every day, yeah you tend to be pretty sexy.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Oct 5, 2014 2:30 PM

Jun 2014
Well that went deep and sexual real fast. Looks nice and feels really serious.

Still an eye-opener though. 0.0
Oct 5, 2014 2:33 PM

Apr 2014
Paul said:
Just noticed that this has character design by Watanabe Akio.

Oh so that's why it reminded me of monogatari characters.
Oct 5, 2014 2:33 PM

Jan 2011
I loled when Yuuji deduced that they were masturbating in a such a serious manner. Ludicrous-serious humour gets me every time.

Didn't really appreciate how much they focused on making sure each heroine got a panty-shot but it's anime so ¯_(ツ)_/¯ Except for Yumiko. It's been a while since I read the VN so I can't remember clearly but maybe Yumiko isn't wearing any so they couldn't make the shot :P
Oct 5, 2014 2:43 PM

Jul 2013
The lighting for this series hurts my eyes.

Already terrible like the Vns. At least, it won't be 50 hours.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2014 2:44 PM
Jul 2011
Crow Armbrust, I still can't get that name of my mind.
Oct 5, 2014 2:45 PM

Mar 2014
Wait, only 12 eps? I think it just might be too short to cover all the VN.
Oct 5, 2014 2:50 PM

Oct 2012
for first impressions, I like Sakaki Yumiko so far. the others are meh.

Oct 5, 2014 2:50 PM
Jul 2011
There is no bug scene, the scene Makina scares and chases Amane with bug tied to the rope.
Oct 5, 2014 2:53 PM

Apr 2014
trannon1 said:
Now, I will admit that Yuuji has a nice body and ass, but why is it that we see more of his ass than girls? Is this a new type of fanservice in a harem anime?

To see he is well trained and his scars (cause of past), I guess.

Oct 5, 2014 2:54 PM

Dec 2007
T3hSource said:
Tayasuimonogatri with blatant fanservice, a cold, bland self insert protagonist, and much, much more serious elements, which are unnecessary and hinder the comic value.
umm maybe, and this might be a crazy idea, but the actual focal point of the series IS the serious elements. Maybe there's an entire serious story underneath to comedy.
Oct 5, 2014 2:57 PM

Jul 2010
Freaking love how they used the VN's BGM in the anime as well.
“Are there some unseen roles that we have unknowingly set ourselves into, dictating the rules of engagement whenever we see each other, inevitably leading to us hurting each other?”
Oct 5, 2014 3:06 PM

Nov 2013
Gotta admit, I'm losing my doubt for a good adaptation after this episode.

The hype, even though I finished the game a month ago.
Oct 5, 2014 3:07 PM

Apr 2011
I like where this is going, the girls seems to be psychopaths.
Oct 5, 2014 3:11 PM
Jul 2013
I'm not proud to say it but Yuuji's body was pretty great.
Oct 5, 2014 3:13 PM

Apr 2013
What the hell did I just watch?? Haha. For 80% of the episode, I thought that this was the worst and most generic thing that I've ever seen and was on the verge of dropping it mid-episode. And then in the last 5 minutes...

I get an even crazier Senjougahara clone, an exhibitionist slut with huge tits and an insane past (and blurring/censoring galore) and another whole crew of crazies in the credits. Also, the MC is definitely Tatsuya incarnate from Mahouka minus an imouto that wants his cock (at least for now). I love the fanservice but it looks like we'll have to wait for the BDs before we can see the "good stuff". We'll see where this goes because I am now definitely interested.
dankzelOct 5, 2014 5:14 PM
Oct 5, 2014 3:14 PM

Feb 2012
Liquidacid said:
Sweanime said:
The englishlesson must be animated. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ncADFZgvnk

They better put in the Amane bed sniffing and running cadence

Oh God yes, I loved the running cadence scene in the game.

I really really liked this episode as well. That ending sequence gave me chills, especially with the BGM they put in.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Oct 5, 2014 3:19 PM

May 2010
Vexper said:

Blonde girl best girl

blonde girl always best girl! (except nisekoi)
Oct 5, 2014 3:21 PM

Oct 2014
Just watched it

nothing special, but not a bad one to kill some time

Definitely will see few more episodes
Oct 5, 2014 3:30 PM

Aug 2007
Hutchens said:
Why do people freak out over censoring? All you didn't see was a pair of breasts, you can find that anywhere on the internet, big deal. Anyway, it seemed a promising start for a enjoyable VN. I do wonder how they are going to adapt it all though, and if it's successful, will they do the sequel VN? So far it look to be all the routes, guess we will just have to wait to find out. Well, Yumiko was my favorite heroine, so as long as her route is adapted well, then I'm happy. One thing I do like about this though, is that we have a protagonist that doesn't annoy me. The show could end up being a mess of an adaption, but I could still watch it for him alone.

It isn't just the bewbs man. If you saw the point when it showed Amane near the end of ep before she said "found you" and it showed that scene it was also censored. I feel censoring can ruin the scene of any given moment and from what I remember of the VN some parts will be a little jarring if they censored it.
DivineTrinityOct 5, 2014 3:51 PM
Oct 5, 2014 3:31 PM

Jul 2013
FUCK THE CENSORING

well this was pretty mysterious, i'm a bit confused, too, but i guess that everything will be explained sooner or later

good art
Oct 5, 2014 3:47 PM

Aug 2012
Pretty damn good, and apparently well adapted so far. If it keeps up and is two cour I might just stick with instead of going ahead and reading the VN.

Love the Watanabe Akio character designs, especially Michiru.
Oct 5, 2014 3:48 PM

Sep 2012
Huge_Ero said:
The lighting for this series hurts my eyes.

Lancehot said:
As an aside, this is the second show this season, after Transformers, that seems to be trying to blind me with its lighting effects. What's up with that? I swear every reflective surface, & not just Amane's boobs, was doing damage to my retinas.

For those of you who don't get that much sunlight, it's probably better to turn down the brightness.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Oct 5, 2014 3:50 PM

Dec 2012
I think they're doing a good job animating VN scenes, and it didn't feel too rushed. It's cool to see and hear Yuuji.

However, what the hell is up with the character art? They look SO MUCH WORSE than in the game, even in relatively static scenes. The animation is lacking as well, feels more like a quasi-animated comic book. It's hard to get the girls' charm across when it's this bad, especially the faces seem to lack detail and... life.

Fanservice level was ridiculous, but that's just staying true to the source material. Actually they forgot to include the headteacher panty shot from the novel.
Oct 5, 2014 3:56 PM
Sep 2014
So if they're cutting out the censor(s) in the BD release, will that also apply to the DVD version? What about the US/UK releases?

I don't exactly need to see nipples, I like this visual novel for the story, and I'm happy with the first episode. I would just prefer the censor not be there, as it would look closer to the visual novel... also, the sunlight blinds me XD

I would pre-order the Japanese BD for that reason, but I would prefer one that has subtitles, as I don't speak Japanese, and would like to buy a version that is more "watchable".
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2014

265 by CoolAnimeWatcher »»
Jan 14, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2014

333 by Miryy »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:48 AM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2014

193 by extonic »»
Oct 16, 2023 3:28 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

359 by Pik3Rob »»
Oct 11, 2023 11:27 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

amasj1414 - Dec 21, 2014

273 by JeremiahOrange »»
Sep 10, 2023 4:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.