Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 18, 2019 4:26 AM

Oct 2018
So this season, there are 4 isekai anime, and none of them is any really good.

And in case it's not enough, there will be even more Iseaki anime next season:

1. This Hero is Invincible but "Too Cautious"

Genres: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy
    Story:
    Goddess Listarte, the savior of the super hard-mode world Gairbrunde, summons a hero to her aid. The hero, Seiya Ryuuguuin, holds the cheat-rank status, but he is ridiculously cautious. For instance, he would buy three sets of armor: one to wear, a spare, and a spare for the spare. Beyond keeping an absurd amount of item stock, he remains in his room for muscle training till he reaches the max level and fights slimes at full power just to stay on the safe side.

2. CHOYOYU!: High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even in Another World!

Genres: Fantasy
    Story:
    Seven high school students that got caught in an airplane accident wake up, in a middle age like fantasy different world where magic and beast-man (juujin) exist.

But they do not panic at their current situation!?

They build a nuclear plant in a world without electricity, they control the economy of a large city in a short work's trip, and finally for their benefactor's sake who are suffering from the misgoverment, they declare war on the evil nobles.

So... none of them is a normal high school student, each of them are super human high school students that stand at the top of politics, economics, science and medicine!

This is a story of a dream team that possess earth's greatest wisdom and technology, that without any self-restraining bring a revolution to a different world with over-technology

3. Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?!

Genres: Comedy, Fantasy
    Story:
    When the eldest daughter of the Ascham household, Adele, turned ten, she remembered everything from her past life when she was hit with a strong headache. She was Kurihara Misato in her previous life, who died when she was 18 trying to help a little girl, consequently followed by an encounter with God. During their meeting, she pleaded to lead an average life with average skills. After all, her somewhat capable self has been burdened with all the expectations brought up to her. However, things don't just go quite as planned as she has to be careful not upping to the S-ranks accidentally if she wishes to maintain her desired average life.

4. Hataage! Kemono Michi

Genres: Comedy, Fantasy, Shounen
    Story:
    Professional wrestler and animal lover Shibata Genzo is suddenly summoned to another world. Greeted by a princess, she requests to get rid of the evil beasts roaming in this world. Outraged that he was asked to kill monsters, Genzo German suplexes the princess. Unable to get back to Earth, he decides to live a peaceful life and manage a "monster" pet shop.

5. Ascendance of a Bookworm

Genres: Slice of Life, Fantasy
    Story:
    Motosu Urano, a book-loving college student who just got her Librarian certification and was supposed to enter the job of her dreams after graduation, was killed during a massive earthquake crushing her underneath a pile of her own massive collection of books.

Wishing for reincarnation in order to read even more, she got reincarnated to a world with a low literacy level and very few books, limited only to the nobility of the world. As she reincarnated as 5-year-old daughter of a lowly soldier, Maine, no matter how much she wants to read, there is no way there are any books around. If there are no books then what do you do? You make them yourself of course... What her goal is, to become a librarian no matter what, and to live a life surrounded by books. For starters she begins from making them.

6. Mairimashita! Iruma-kun

Genres: Comedy, Demons, Supernatural, Fantasy, Shounen
    Story:
    Suzuki Iruma has been sold to the demon by his irresponsible parents in exchange for money. Surprisingly, next thing he knows, he is living with the demon and has been transferred into a school in the Demon World...

Seems like this year is the year of Isekai anime, there are plenty of them

Personally, out of these six, I'm only looking forward to This Hero is Invincible but "Too Cautious", because based on the story, it seems like a funny one, and White Fox is animating it, so it shouldn't be that bad.
I'll watch all of them anyway.

Are you looking forward to any of them?
Do you think they will be better than this season's Isekai anime?
-Aincrad-Aug 19, 2019 2:00 AM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 18, 2019 4:31 AM

Nov 2017
Yeah, the wrestler one. I'm delighted after reading "Genzo German suplexes the princess". But probably it will be the only funny moment, knowing anime "descriptions" that often have nothing to do with the actual show.
Stay gold!
魔法よ魔法よ生まれておいで!
Sasuga Kasuga! Osaka fan club on MAL. Join us if you like Osaka-san!
Aug 18, 2019 4:31 AM

Oct 2010
At least 2 of them have girls mc so this looks like something new. I won't watch any, waiting for that spider isekai.
Aug 18, 2019 4:35 AM
Aug 2019
Nice, keep 'em coming! They all look alright imo.
Aug 18, 2019 4:38 AM

Feb 2019
Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?! is pretty Good, one of the few good Isekai with a female MC.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Aug 18, 2019 4:41 AM

Jun 2019
I won't be bother watching any of them. I am much more interesting in Kabukichou Sherlock instead. That shit is giving me Joker Game vibe, and you know how it works, anime that are similar to Joker Game, is a must watch.
Aug 18, 2019 4:43 AM
Aug 2015
EdgyEcchiSenpai said:
Yeah, the wrestler one. I'm delighted after reading "Genzo German suplexes the princess". But probably it will be the only funny moment, knowing anime "descriptions" that often have nothing to do with the actual show.

I heard its from the konosuba author so it will be good
Aug 18, 2019 4:43 AM

Oct 2016
All or most of them seem new and Unique or something we never had before, they can be good.
Lets hope for the best
Aug 18, 2019 4:45 AM

Aug 2017
EdgyEcchiSenpai said:
Well, it's from the creator of KonoSuba so I'm probably going to love it.
Aug 18, 2019 4:46 AM

Jul 2015
You forgot Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld, which makes it six.

Aug 18, 2019 4:46 AM

Jun 2019
epicyarnboy said:
EdgyEcchiSenpai said:

Just because it comes from an author who did "One" good thing, does not necessarily mean that everything he or she creates will be good too. Just sayin'
Aug 18, 2019 4:47 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
1. I'll watch it just because it has a female MC for once
2. Sounds retarded but I might check it out just out of curiosity
3. Again, female MC so that's something; sounds less interesting than the other one but might try at least
4. Sounds like shit so no thanks. Although the story of the manga is supposedly by Konosuba's author so maybe not? I guess we'll have to wait and see
5. Seems like more of a slice of life thing, which might work and might be boring, hard to say. Not sure about this one yet
Aug 18, 2019 4:48 AM

Mar 2018
Looking forward to This Hero is Invincible but "Too Cautious" because of the Director and the Studio.
I'm also curious what the Director will do to Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?!

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Aug 18, 2019 4:55 AM

Jul 2013
Im only looking foward to the wrestler one and Average Abilities

The wrestler one only because the OP is gonna sung by NoB and For Average Abilities I have read the LN before so I know what to expect.

Aug 18, 2019 5:07 AM

Mar 2015
I came here expecting more generic isekai, I left with new hope for humanity. Thank you, Wrestler-san. I'm so gonna watch that one.

Also nice to see some more isekai with a female mc.
Aug 18, 2019 5:14 AM
Aug 2015
FuriousNutSlaps said:
epicyarnboy said:

Just because it comes from an author who did "One" good thing, does not necessarily mean that everything he or she creates will be good too. Just sayin'

at the very least, it won't have just one funny moment, I trust the konosuba author to make more than one joke lol
Aug 18, 2019 5:15 AM

Jun 2019
epicyarnboy said:
FuriousNutSlaps said:

at the very least, it won't have just one funny moment, I trust the konosuba author to make more than one joke lol
>Implying every Konosuba joke was efficient.
Aug 18, 2019 5:59 AM

May 2018
MILFSEKAI! MILFSEKAI! MILFSEKAI! MILFSEKAI! MILFSEKAI! MILFSEKAI!
Aug 18, 2019 6:03 AM
May 2016
I would be watch any

[none are ecchi or harem]
Aug 18, 2019 6:12 AM
Jul 2018
Judging by their previews, they all look generic but can't really tell unless I watch at least one episode I guess. Studios should really try to animate good stuff , then again I am not sure who decides what gets animated. Congratulations to those who actually like isekai or any of the novels or manga these are based on I guess.
Aug 18, 2019 6:28 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Sadly, I don’t think I’ll be watching any of these shows next season.

“Adolescence of a Bookworm” sort of piques my curiosity though and I’ve heard about good things about “This Hero is Invincible, but too Cautious” but I will mostly likely be watching just one of these even then.

Also, if you consider SAO: Aliciazation - War of the Underworld, then maybe two in total.

Thanks for taking the time for making this by the way, I still haven’t done my research on the upcoming Fall shows so this helps greatly!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 18, 2019 6:33 AM

Jul 2016
Welp, hope they do well for themselves, cause I'm not gonna watch 'em.

Actually, tell a lie, I'll give "suplex the princess" a shot, but if it doesn't deliver on that exact description I'll be mad
Aug 18, 2019 6:48 AM

Jan 2008
I've read most of them, at least their manga adaptions but if anything, I'm more worried about the visual aspect for their adaption. Most isekai this season could still be enjoyable if they weren't visually terrible.
Aug 18, 2019 6:53 AM

Sep 2017
None of them look pretty good to me, I'll wait to see how they're received, but the whole next season looks pretty deceiving to me, except for some anmes

Also : "and White Fox is animating it, so it shouldn't be that bad"

Isn't it White Fox who is currently adapting Arifureta ?
Aug 18, 2019 7:09 AM

Oct 2018
Themousen said:
None of them look pretty good to me, I'll wait to see how they're received, but the whole next season looks pretty deceiving to me, except for some anmes

I might be wrong, but I think I've heard that it's mostly Asread's project now

Originally WF was gonna do it, but they dropped the project for some reason, hence the delay(originally it was gonna air last year)
Aug 18, 2019 7:13 AM

Nov 2013
If there is 5 adult realistic anime a season in the future we're gonna begging for Isekai. So let's just enjoy this moment.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Aug 18, 2019 7:18 AM
Feb 2017
You're missing Mairimashita! Iruma-kun. Also, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the first one just sounds like a fantasy with RPG elements, not isekai.
Aug 18, 2019 7:20 AM

Jul 2013
-Aincrad- said:
Themousen said:

I might be wrong, but I think I've heard that it's mostly Asread's project now

Originally WF was gonna do it, but they dropped the project for some reason, hence the delay(originally it was gonna air last year)

Oh you're not wrong... Arifureta is pretty much Asread work.

Aug 18, 2019 7:35 AM

Aug 2018
I'm gonna watch all of them... well, except the last one probably... the dude that does a german suplex to the princess seems kinda interesting haaha
Aug 18, 2019 7:36 AM

Oct 2018
Brokarp said:
You're missing Mairimashita! Iruma-kun. Also, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but the first one just sounds like a fantasy with RPG elements, not isekai.

Oh my bad, when I was reading its story, for some reason I've read he got transported into a demon school, but I see it's actually "school in a demon world".

Updated the thread.

About the first one, I wasn't sure about it myself, so I just added it, just in case
Aug 18, 2019 8:20 AM

Oct 2018
FuriousNutSlaps said:
epicyarnboy said:

>Implying every Konosuba joke was efficient.

I personally didn't like Konosuba, I've always thought most of the jokes, and the comedy was forced in it
Aug 18, 2019 8:57 AM
Feb 2014
I don't think Mairimashita! Iruma-kun is an isekai, since i don't consider Hell/the underworld to be another world, ditto for Heaven.

That aside, i'm looking forward to Hataage! Kemono Michi the most, the premise totally pulled me in, it seems pretty unique for an isekai. For example, the MC is not a otaku/gamer/hikkikomori and he is a huge animal lover which get's extra bonus points from me! It also looks super funny and also, the MC is voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi who also sings the OP, what more could i want!!!

Also the aforementioned Mairimashita! Iruma-kun is another one i look forward to, it looks cute and i like the character designs and bright colors, also has potential to be very funny as well!

That's about it, the others don't seem interesting to me.

My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Aug 18, 2019 9:00 AM

May 2012
Good news. I love Isekai anime

But I think some of them are bad. Honzuki no Gekokujou looks like slice of life anime, not interested in this one

Shinchou Yuusha and Choujin are must watch. Hataage! Kemono Michi looks interesting, might watch it also

Not sure about the others.

Aug 18, 2019 9:02 AM
Apr 2017
Still can't be worse than dr. stone anyway.

I'll probably give a couple a chance; isekai isn't my favourite genre by a long way but I have 0 expectations so I can end up being pleasantly surprised.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Aug 18, 2019 9:18 AM

Apr 2017
All of them look meh. Maybe I'm too pessimistic, but I think going by the earlier seasons that had no good Isekai that's a right to do. I think that Hataage! Kemono Michi might potentially be interesting along with Ascendance of a Bookworm, but I have no hope for the others. Now I just pray at least once of them will end up at least decent.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Aug 18, 2019 9:22 AM
Jul 2018
Awesome.
This way I can actually keep up with the seasonal stuff, by skipping all of this crap.
Aug 18, 2019 9:37 AM

May 2016
Ascendence of a Bookworm's synopsis sounds like it actually would be an interesting and thoughtful series...but it's being adapted by a studio that has literally never made anything worth anything, soooo...

"B-But the original Vampire Hunter D!"

AJIA-DO HAS NEVER MADE ANYTHING WORTH ANYTHING.

EDIT: Oh shit, I've never even put that on my MAL. Time to fix!

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Aug 18, 2019 9:40 AM

May 2009
-Aincrad- said:
Seems like this year is the year of Isekai anime, there are plenty of them

Personally, out of these six, I'm only looking forward to This Hero is Invincible but "Too Cautious", because based on the story, it seems like a funny one, and White Fox is animating it, so it shouldn't be that bad.
I'll watch all of them anyway.

Are you looking forward to any of them?
Do you think they will be better than this season's Isekai anime?
This is my first time hearing about any of these, with one exception, but they actually seem like a pretty varied bunch, for those people who are interested in having a greater variety of isekai stories.

Only the first one (This Hero is Invincible but "Too Cautious") looks like the stereotypical isekai with male protag in RPG fantasy world. Third one (Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?!) at least shakes up the formula by making the protag a girl, and making the story premise about social status(?). And the sixth one (Mairimashita! Iruma-kun) looks like it'll be cast as a comedy rather than taken seriously like the first one likely will.

Meanwhile...

The second (CHOYOYU!: High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even in Another World!) seems vaguely close to that but instead they bring tons of modern technology to a fantasy world. Also they get isekai'd as a group it seems.

The fourth one (Hataage! Kemono Michi) seems is about a professional bodybuilder/wrestler character, and he runs a pet shop, so I'm presuming there will be animal antics here.

The fifth one (Ascendance of a Bookworm) is the only one I've heard of before, and I PTR'd its manga or LN (I forgot which it was). And the protag (who also happens to be female) is concerned about literacy and wants to be a librarian.
GlennMagusHarveyAug 18, 2019 9:44 AM
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Aug 18, 2019 9:57 AM

Jul 2013
Isekai are honestly my guilty pleasure, so it really doesn't matter if they're shitty, I'll watch all of them
Aug 18, 2019 10:34 AM

Aug 2011
#1 - Looks like it could be funny, but I wonder for how long? "The hero is too cautious" is a joke that can only go just so far before it starts to feel repetitive and predictable, so hopefully the show will do some fun creative things with it, or at least have something else to offer. I do plan to at least check it out.

#2 - Looks like it will be absolutely unbearable. I could not possibly be less interested in this.

#3 - I'll check it out. It could go either way. At least it's a premise I haven't seen before.

#4 - Same. I plan to at least check it out.

#5 - This actually looks like something I'd really like. Unless the first couple of episodes are terrible, I'll be watching this one for sure.

#6 - Nope. Not interested in the slightest.

At least some of these seem to have a premise beyond "Japanese high school boy ends up in another world," even if we're still stuck with the same tired medieval fantasy world setting. I welcome any change in the usual isekai formula.

As for whether they'll be better than this season's isekai, I have no idea. None of the this season's isekai were worth watching past the first episode for me.
Aug 18, 2019 10:39 AM

May 2016
The wrestling one is the only thing remotely interesting to me. I read that its done by the author of konosuba so that's a bonus.
"It's not like I wanted a signature or anything...BAKA!" - A MAL user.
Aug 18, 2019 10:43 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
I'm not a huge fan of all that Isekai stuff, but the wrestler one made me giggle a little, so that'll be a must watch for me.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Aug 18, 2019 10:48 AM

Feb 2015
I like the first for the art style, but the rest looks pretty meh. I like isekai, but the genre is getting milked too much for me to really care about any new entries at the moment, unless they try something really unique again, or one pops up that has a significant edge in quality over any existing ones.
Aug 18, 2019 1:22 PM

Aug 2018
Honestly this current seasons isekai animes are some of the lowest tier stuff ive seen, and these ones look a lot more promising to me, maybe after all these super generic isekais we are finally getting new innovative stuff. Also seeing white fox animating one of them is also great since they are one of the studios i trust the most with fantasy stuff, but its not as if any of these will become anime of the season with hero aca coming back
Aug 18, 2019 1:28 PM

Mar 2008
The third one looks interesting, tho.
Aug 18, 2019 3:12 PM
May 2017
-Aincrad- said:

White Fox has been trash lately, you seen Goblin Slayer and Arifureta??! The last good anime that they've done from a visual standpoint was Re Zero, so i dont trust them....but you do you
Aug 18, 2019 3:40 PM

Jun 2016
I'm actually interested into these, expect for the second one which personally looks like trash to me
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Aug 18, 2019 3:51 PM

Jan 2018
Wow nice, I'm excited to see isekai! Keep them coming I say. Thank you for this thread. Now if there's an auto notification for every thread with isekai as part of title.
Aug 18, 2019 3:52 PM
Mar 2016
I feel like there's an 80% chance they'll all be bad
I might watch the wrestler and prodigy one tho
Aug 18, 2019 3:59 PM

May 2019
HaXXspetten said:
1. I'll watch it just because it has a female MC for once
2. Sounds retarded but I might check it out just out of curiosity
3. Again, female MC so that's something; sounds less interesting than the other one but might try at least
4. Sounds like shit so no thanks. Although the story of the manga is supposedly by Konosuba's author so maybe not? I guess we'll have to wait and see
5. Seems like more of a slice of life thing, which might work and might be boring, hard to say. Not sure about this one yet

Can you pleaaasssse tell me the source of that picture in your signature? 🙏🏻
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Recommendations of Disappointment

JaaShooUhh - 12 hours ago

29 by DigiCat »»
35 minutes ago

» Anime recommandations for a first-timer

WickedFM - 2 hours ago

8 by JoeChip »»
41 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9113 by Kenny_Stryker »»
58 minutes ago

» Who are your favorite canon couples? (Beware of spoilers)

Shizuna - Mar 30

29 by Chileno-12 »»
1 hour ago

» A character who is impossible to love?

torsan88 - Jun 6

47 by Entity72 »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.