Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 16, 2017 8:47 PM

Jan 2013
Tarotist said:

So classy! Great pacing and tension, and the twist at the end! And the art and the dresses were very impressive too! A really fun watch!

Well now it's easier for me to identify who is who.

Dorothy - the adult of the group with the long brunette hair.. Lol having to fake smoking on the roof. And mmm dat bust. Being classy has their own ways of being sexy. And she seems to be pretty comical too.

Ange - Glasses girl who knows how to switch personalities and voices depending on the situation. Clever girl I should say. And her real name is "Charlotte", but I guess we will stick with Ange for Spy purposes.

Charlotte - Blonde Princess who wants to be Queen. Looks like she's a clever girl herself. I wonder if she and Ange had some sort of training to be sly and deceitful people. Her real name is "Ange", but we will call her Charlotte for the convenience of the story.

Beatrice - Charlotte's short friend and possibly servant. "Don't speak ill of the princess!" type of character. Cute, but hopefully she doesn't get too annoying later on.

Keep it up, 3hz!

I think that i somehow got it who is who thanks to your explanation xD Thanks.
Can't wait for more episodes! This is getting better with each episode.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 16, 2017 9:50 PM

Nov 2009
Very, very enjoyable so far.
Certified "cute girls doing cute things" expert

the cute girls doing cute things club needs you!

maybe you didn't give re:stage dream days a chance; please re:consider
Jul 16, 2017 10:41 PM
Jul 2017
wow i really like how dynamic the situation and how they keep improvising on their plan. And lots of twist too, turns out the princess and Ange know each other? Can't wait for next episode
Jul 16, 2017 11:02 PM

Jul 2007
FukGoBack said:
Ok guys I understand that ange and Charlotte switced places at some point in the past, but I'm confused as to why at the end Charlotte and ange are so friendly w/ one another and why they had to keep it a secret from the other two.
If the real Ange wanted to become queen, wouldn't that go against and spark a red flag for real Charlotte. Why are they working together?Is real Ange manipulating them and there's nothing to be done about it?

Might just be overthinking this btw, I do that a lot.🤓

They switched ten years ago.

Most likely both of them are manipulating everybody else for their own goals and this was their plan all along. Why would "Charlotte" wanting to become a queen be a redflag if it was part of their plan? We don't even know if she was telling the truth either considering the whole situation was staged by two of them.

sasalx said:
They just want to win the war.

There is no war right now tho. London Uprising split england in half ten years ago, but right now its peace time.
Jul 16, 2017 11:12 PM

May 2017
@Fai
Wait so they are working together?
So then the question would be why Real Charlotte is ok w/ Real Ange taking the throne even tho she's not an heir. Maybe some fanatical childhood dream? "I know you be queen,even tho I'm the heir, I'll be a supe duper cool spy!" "yea! Sounds cool I'm in!"

That or they actually do have separate agendas of their own and are just working well together for now. Least till they don't need each other anymore
Jul 16, 2017 11:23 PM

Jan 2013
Fairly interesting episode, enough to keep me engaged.
Jul 16, 2017 11:28 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
What a thrilling and jittery episode this was! Seriously left me astounded and craving for more episodes. So far, these first two episodes have really solidified my interests and therefore I'll be having high hopes for this show as the story progresses. Personally, I loved the ending scene the most when Ange reveals herself instead of the princess and the two supposedly knowing each other already back 10 years ago. What was more amusing about this was the letter given to the Princess by Ange and the way they then got around to deal with the dreadful situation. This really made this episode truly memorable and exciting. Didn't expect Dorothy to be 20 years old though. Nonetheless, both Dorothy and Ange as well as the Princess seem to be all crafty and cunning as they got out of that pinch situation. It's great to see the evil side of the Princess being of use and perfectly implemented by the spies superiors as well.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 17, 2017 12:10 AM

Jan 2016
Damn that was thrilling and intense.That twist at the end really changes everything. Also, really loving the Steampunk Dress designs. Armored dress? damn that's awesome. The details are made with care and love for this series.
Jul 17, 2017 12:44 AM

Jul 2014
ErwinJA said:
Atavistic said:
While it is interesting that this is chronologically the first episode, the whole thing makes very little sense and Ange's plan should not work at all, considering how much of a big deal was made of the stain on the Princess' dress; everyone would have seen that, so it makes no sense that Ange could just walk out in disguise without even one person being suspicious. It's not a good sign when a spy show is taking such liberties with logic for the sake of the plot so soon, and I'm certainly not as impressed as everyone else seems to be (for whatever reason).
They indicated that the Princess can call for a spare dress in short order. They were gone long enough for the Princess to get said dress and change, and that was all that was really needed to avoid suspicion. So sorry, but no plot hole there.

It's a plot hole because she comes out in the exact same dress that was stained so significantly, and while it is entirely possible that the Princess would have multiple identical dresses (no reason why she wouldn't or couldn't, I suppose), that just seems like a lazy justification for that as far as I'm concerned. Besides, even if everyone else just assumed she had changed, the speed at which she came back out should at least confuse someone.
Jul 17, 2017 1:59 AM
Jul 2017
Ange 10/10
Princess 10/10
This episode 10/10
Can't wait for the their backstory.

*Spoiler*
Ange (Charlotte) should be the real princess lol.
Jul 17, 2017 2:05 AM

Sep 2011
Atavistic said:

It's a plot hole because she comes out in the exact same dress that was stained so significantly, and while it is entirely possible that the Princess would have multiple identical dresses (no reason why she wouldn't or couldn't, I suppose), that just seems like a lazy justification for that as far as I'm concerned. Besides, even if everyone else just assumed she had changed, the speed at which she came back out should at least confuse someone.

I think you're really streaching it there. There is no reason why (as you yourself mentioned) they would not have a spare dress for the princess. The time took was not unduly short. They had time for the princess to undress, sit and chat for a bit, and then for Ange to put on her disguise. I don't see any issue.
Jul 17, 2017 4:28 AM

May 2009
So which one is real princess?
Anyway, dem dorothies
Jul 17, 2017 4:44 AM

Jan 2016
Very interesting but confusing but I'm enjoying this confusion @__@
That plot twist at the end.. lol
There's still a lot of mysteries in this anime
Jul 17, 2017 5:09 AM

Dec 2013
Wonderful flashback episode to show how the girls all came together. Never expected the princess to have ambitions for the throne like that, but in the end it all worked out because of that, and because she knew Charlotte from long ago.

Now I want to know how they met all those years ago, if she said welcome back, I'm assuming that she had some sort of ties to royalty.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 17, 2017 6:31 AM

Nov 2010
Fai said:
raydalyze said:
I might have to watch the ep agan, but didn't the Duke refer to the princess as 'Charlotte', which was also how Ange signed her note, as well as how the princess addressed Ange at the end? If so, there's a lot to read into there.

Yes. The implication is that "Ange" is actually Charlotte and "Charlotte" might have been Ange and they switched some time 11 years ago and they have their own goals in all of this.

Oh wow, that's crazy. i like it. :)
Jul 17, 2017 6:31 AM

Sep 2012
@Fai

Let me correct what I mean. Cold War.

Jul 17, 2017 6:37 AM

May 2012
Another good episode. This anime is among the best in this season
Jul 17, 2017 8:25 AM
Nov 2016
A pretty good episode imo.
The reveal at the end was good too.
Jul 17, 2017 10:09 AM

Jul 2015
Thank god people are explaining things, because the twists keep coming and I can't keep up with them, really enjoying the series so far.
Jul 17, 2017 11:05 AM

Oct 2010
Leo_10 said:
This was an amazing episode. Didn't expect this development from the Princess. And Ange and the Princess knew each other before.

Ange really did looked like the Princess in her disguise.

Did you miss the ending? "Ange" IS the real Princess. Apparently they swapped places years ago.
Jul 17, 2017 1:26 PM

Apr 2016
The loli squad + steampunk setting ? and with twists ? well, i'm in.
Jul 17, 2017 1:49 PM

Nov 2016
Pretty good episode with a few twists which made it even more exiting to watch.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 17, 2017 2:53 PM
Aug 2015
Atavistic said:
While it is interesting that this is chronologically the first episode, the whole thing makes very little sense and Ange's plan should not work at all, considering how much of a big deal was made of the stain on the Princess' dress; everyone would have seen that, so it makes no sense that Ange could just walk out in disguise without even one person being suspicious.

Well, she's a princess, and accidents are bound to happen, so it doesn't seem so strange to me that she might have an extra/duplicate dress put aside for life's little emergencies. At least I think that's the conclusion I would have come to had I seen her leave in a dirtied dress and return not long after in a matching gown. After all, people tend to see what they expect to see. I'm sure that's spycraft 101.
Jul 17, 2017 6:23 PM
Jul 2015
A damn good good watch. Very enjoyable watch. Love this show so far.
Jul 17, 2017 7:22 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Atavistic said:
ErwinJA said:
They indicated that the Princess can call for a spare dress in short order. They were gone long enough for the Princess to get said dress and change, and that was all that was really needed to avoid suspicion. So sorry, but no plot hole there.

That stain was an organic-dye that can be easily removed by bleach as Dorothy pointed out. I don't think that was a speedy dress change as the 4 had a small talk plus Ange changing to Princess' dress so the time it took for Ange to change and head back to the hall was reasonable.
Jul 17, 2017 7:43 PM

Jun 2013
Another great episode it's getting better
Jul 17, 2017 9:06 PM
Jan 2015
good episode, but more or less you would need to rewatch the episode again to understand the clues (i.e. ange and dorothy in same orphanage somewhat explains how ange and charlotte were able to switch before; also the comment of ange saying they were complete opposites coupled with the flashback makes more sense after knowing that ange is actually charlotte)

and after the ending, it would seem like all of this was the plan of both ange and charlotte all along. looks like operation changeling came about because ange could pass off as charlotte, which seems like what both of them were planning all along

liking this anime a lot so far, you would think the many twists would be a turn off but its actually whats keeping me excited about what happens next
PSWJul 17, 2017 9:29 PM
Jul 17, 2017 11:31 PM
Jul 2013
Oh man I'm really enjoying this show. I wonder if the higher-ups planned to kill Charlotte the Princess if Operation Changeling had been carried out... after all you don't want the "real" one to hang around once the fake's taken over. So my guess is that Ange the Spy didn't want that to happen hence "the princess wants to join us" twist at the party.
Jul 18, 2017 12:27 AM

Apr 2013
Tarotist said:

So classy! Great pacing and tension, and the twist at the end! And the art and the dresses were very impressive too! A really fun watch!

Well now it's easier for me to identify who is who.

Dorothy - the adult of the group with the long brunette hair.. Lol having to fake smoking on the roof. And mmm dat bust. Being classy has their own ways of being sexy. And she seems to be pretty comical too.

Ange - Glasses girl who knows how to switch personalities and voices depending on the situation. Clever girl I should say. And her real name is "Charlotte", but I guess we will stick with Ange for Spy purposes.

Charlotte - Blonde Princess who wants to be Queen. Looks like she's a clever girl herself. I wonder if she and Ange had some sort of training to be sly and deceitful people. Her real name is "Ange", but we will call her Charlotte for the convenience of the story.

Beatrice - Charlotte's short friend and possibly servant. "Don't speak ill of the princess!" type of character. Cute, but hopefully she doesn't get too annoying later on.

Keep it up, 3hz!

I'll point out that at the end of episode 1, Beatrice completely changed her voice while on the phone , speaking with a guy's voice. She isn't simply your average servant, seems like she has interesting skills. Or is that an item she's hiding under her scarf that help do that, we see her doing something there before changing back her voice.
Jul 18, 2017 2:15 AM

Jul 2007
Zefyris said:

I'll point out that at the end of episode 1, Beatrice completely changed her voice while on the phone , speaking with a guy's voice. She isn't simply your average servant, seems like she has interesting skills. Or is that an item she's hiding under her scarf that help do that, we see her doing something there before changing back her voice.

Its also weird how when Duke's spygirl is about to search Ange and Dorothy, Princess specifically looks at Beatrice. What would she expect of her there?
Jul 18, 2017 4:26 AM

Apr 2013
Fai said:
Zefyris said:

Its also weird how when Duke's spygirl is about to search Ange and Dorothy, Princess specifically looks at Beatrice. What would she expect of her there?

It's unclear if she looks at her servant or beyond her (at the two peoples that are going to be body checked, or at the woman passing near beatrice to go check on them) though. I'd say she followed with her eyes the woman passing by rather than look at beatrice.
ZefyrisJul 18, 2017 4:30 AM
Jul 18, 2017 6:08 PM

Dec 2016
Really liking this series with all of its surprises!
Jul 19, 2017 2:37 AM

Sep 2016
loving this show so far eps was intense and definitely made the viewer pay attention closely the spy aspect of this show is amazing definitely looking forward to this series i wonder how many eps this will be tho
Facta Non Verba
Jul 19, 2017 3:11 AM

Mar 2013
This series really getting good and more interesting now... That revelation in the end tho'

Can't wait for the next episode.
Jul 19, 2017 4:25 PM

Sep 2015
another amazing episode. Dat princess was unexpected. man I really love this anime! Can't believe I forgot to watch this episode on time. Won't make that mistake ever again.

It's interesting to see that's how the princess joined the spy group. Maybe a background main plot is true. This became that much more interesting. definitely can't wait for next ep!
zcv45Jul 19, 2017 6:55 PM
Jul 19, 2017 6:02 PM

Feb 2017
neonie said:
So in case anyone didn't catch it. Episode 1 was "Case 13".
This episode was "Case 01".

This show is awesome and fascinating and I love it.

No, I didn't but now I get it. I was going to mention "airing the episodes out of order", and I see that was the case all along.
"I am not a Mochi Monster" - Nyanko Sensei
Jul 19, 2017 10:43 PM

Oct 2014
now... how to get this piece of gem right here more views
Jul 20, 2017 11:00 AM

Jun 2016
Daamn, that OP. The visuals and the song were awesome! Looks like a good anime so far.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Jul 20, 2017 1:35 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting episode
Using this episode as a means to introduce the characters properly by showing how they all met was a great move on the directors part. The revelation of Princess's ambition sure was surprising. And the manner of how all four girls met sure was unexpected.

Ange's first introduction to the academy though was cute and her clumsiness only enhanced this. As operations go this plan to switch a princess with Ange sure is ambitious. Looks like the military isn't too keen on the work of the spy agency that the girls work for though. Dorothy's true age sure was surprising. Infiltrating a ball though is a classic. Hell of a time to get new orders though. Hmm so that was the direct approach eh lol. I guess its to be expected that the duke will have a bodyguard detail with him. Ange's approach to get close to princess by making friends with her was the right one though. Beatrice and Princess's attitudes actually contrast pretty well with each other. Ange's plan though sure was a smart one though thats for sure. Plus it killed two birds with one stone as Ange puts it. With Ange's skill at disguise and changing personas i think the operation really has a decent chance.

Ange really is adapt a wide variety of skills though thats for sure. Watching her ferret out the info that she needs is entertaining. The challenge here is not getting the key but getting the key without being detected by Normandy's men. Wow the princess really is smart in managing to figure out Ange and Dorothy's true identities. Beatrice's reaction was cute as always. To think that princess had that ambition in her though. And that she's willing to use spies from the west to help her achieve her dream. The duke of Normandy really has that sinister look about him thats for sure. To think that they were out thought by the duke though. It was also nice seeing not just whats happening with Ange's group but also into the command group as well. The princess really likes to gamble though which is unexpected of her. Hmm the last scene sure was unexpected so the two of them know each other eh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2017 7:27 PM

Feb 2017
Definitely best anime for this season!!
Now we got some back story before episode 1 (case 13) was happen.
I know not everyone like how the prologue or introducing aspect from first episode. But with this plotting, everything become more interesting and have some kind of................ omg, im curious and going to watch the next episode!!!
The Spy action and mind game was great. The main character made this series more enjoy and attractive, or maybe the most reason we enjoy the series.

Really glad to wait next episode!

In the other hand, im a bit nervous that this series will turn into boring because they are gonna get out of back story and character build up.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Jul 21, 2017 9:21 AM

Jul 2015
Story is a bit confusing, but very interesting. Wasn't expecting that from the Princess, caught me off-guard, my heart is weak "against" characters with that personality. So far so good, excited for the next episode.
Jul 21, 2017 10:21 AM

Jan 2016
Excuse me, but can anyone explain me all that business with blueprints.
Commonwealth is the west. Kingdom is the east. Westerner FACM Morgan stole blueprints from the west and wanted to sold them to the east. Right?
But why? They talk about him defecting to the east with his wife in order to live in Cornwall. Isn't Cornwall is western county? What is Morgan's problem? And why military guy in western spy council talk about potential war with northern Europe?
I just don't understand what is going on. Please, help.
Jul 21, 2017 10:37 AM

Jun 2010
ChrisMarlowe said:
Excuse me, but can anyone explain me all that business with blueprints.
Commonwealth is the west. Kingdom is the east. Westerner FACM Morgan stole blueprints from the west and wanted to sold them to the east. Right?
But why? They talk about him defecting to the east with his wife in order to live in Cornwall. Isn't Cornwall is western county? What is Morgan's problem? And why military guy in western spy council talk about potential war with northern Europe?
I just don't understand what is going on. Please, help.

-If it's discovered the West has Blueprints of an illegal airship design, it could start a war.
-It's noted when Ange is dancing with Morgan that his lungs sound bad, meaning that he doesn't have much time left to live. He doesn't have a problem with the West or the East, he just wants money so he can spend the rest of his (short) life living with his family and give them a nest egg.
Jul 21, 2017 10:56 AM

Jan 2016
neonie,
- But military guy doesn't talk about war between two Englands, but about war with European countries or even world war. I can imagine, that commonwealth and the crown have very strict peace treaty going on. But it has been established already, that Britain is the world's dominant military power thanks to its magical air fleet. So there shouldn't be such thing, as Illegal design. Might makes right.
- "I can help your wife defect to the Cornwall" says "the princess". And they never even mention money.

By the way, isn't it incredibly stupid, that Morgan decided to ditch the most powerful eastern spymaster for some random princess, who, as far as he knows, have zero political influence?
Jul 22, 2017 2:38 PM

Feb 2008
An intriguing turn of events. So Ange and the Princess share a common past, and to such an extent.
Jul 22, 2017 6:34 PM

Mar 2015
SUPERB! The characters and world building are really taking off. Art, voices, story are really solid. Looking forward to next week!
The sword that takes life gives life
Jul 22, 2017 7:05 PM

Mar 2009
sasalx said:
The twist at the end was so good.

FukGoBack said:
Ok guys I understand that ange and Charlotte switced places at some point in the past, but I'm confused as to why at the end Charlotte and ange are so friendly w/ one another and why they had to keep it a secret from the other two.
If the real Ange wanted to become queen, wouldn't that go against and spark a red flag for real Charlotte. Why are they working together?Is real Ange manipulating them and there's nothing to be done about it?

Might just be overthinking this btw, I do that a lot.🤓

From what I get in this episode they were childhood firend so probably both of them are noble. I think we will see why they switched in later episodes. I don't think any of them want to become the Queen. They just want to win the war.

Also for curious people here the letter at the end:

Thanks for posting the full details of the letter!

neonie said:
So in case anyone didn't catch it. Episode 1 was "Case 13".
This episode was "Case 01".

This show is awesome and fascinating and I love it.

Awesome. I didn't catch that, either.

Great follow-up to the first episode. This show continues to be very intriguing and the revelation at the end caught me off guard. One thing I've noticed so far is that each episode has a very strong ending.

BTW, Dorothy sure is sexy. Wow.
Jul 22, 2017 9:03 PM

Feb 2013
That ending... Ange is the real princess? Mind blown!

It didn't take me long to realize this episode was before the first one. Great, intense episode again.
Jul 22, 2017 11:17 PM
Dec 2015
Duke called princess "Charlotte" and then princess called Ange "Charlotte". Ange and Princess look similar so one can pretend to be the other. Show is called Princess Principal. I bet Ange is actually the real princess and she is trying to take over her country with the help of it's enemies because she is 4th in line. And for 10 years, her friend was taking her place while she was working for other country to gain trust.
Jul 24, 2017 12:02 PM

Dec 2015
Interesting, this flashback (or rather "first case"). I wasn't expecting a game of deception relying on double agents and identity switches.
Still annoyed by the need of spy kiddies but it's good to see the series trying to justify it so soon.

3.5+/5 The more I watch, the more the visual discordance between the (young and less young) female characters type of face and all the other things (male faces, objects, background) looks ugly to me.

Out-of-topic: the french "simulcaster" has classified it as a seinen/shôjô hybrid, just because it features young girls. XD

@CodeBlazeFate Since you liked Turn A's female case of "The Prince and the Pauper" and Code Geass' hero masterplan, you might want to check this. (though you might dislike the non-chronological approach it seems willing to take).

Fai said:
"They just want to win the war."

There is no war right now though.

Maybe they're using the term as in the Cold War (because of the analog situation).
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2017

102 by rainbowScarlet »»
Apr 17, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2017

205 by Bing_101010 »»
Sep 7, 2023 8:04 PM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Thatonebadbro - Sep 24, 2017

183 by Epiroogu »»
Sep 3, 2023 12:31 PM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2017

117 by Epiroogu »»
Sep 3, 2023 11:43 AM

Poll: » Princess Principal Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2017

141 by Epiroogu »»
Sep 3, 2023 10:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.