Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 7, 2013 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Off to a fun start so far. It reminded me a little of Overdrive tbh. I'm not too fond of the mc Sakamichi yet but I think I can get used to him. Ouch, that was a hard landing too.

I really like the OST and intensity of the second half of the first episode though. I can feel it~

Dat singing lol. Cute ending song as well.

Oct 7, 2013 11:20 AM
Dec 2012
LOL It surely doesn't cost at all to go to a faraway place by bicycle.

Interesting anime. I enjoyed the episode. The series seems promising as is often the case with sports anime. I will keep watching.
Oct 7, 2013 11:38 AM

Feb 2013
Anyone knows of a group subbing this show, other than HorribleSubs? I wanted to download it and watch it offline, but seems they are the only ones subbing this show...
"The more you hope for, the more disappointed you get afterwards." - Miguel Lopes

[Profile] [Anime List] [Manga List] [Ecchi/Harem Club] [+20 Club]
Oct 7, 2013 11:45 AM
Feb 2011
AAAAAAAHHH!!!!! I NEED MORE!!

Sorry for the fangirling , but just...great 1st epi!
Oct 7, 2013 11:56 AM

May 2013
Lol that song he was singing. This was a good episode.
Oct 7, 2013 12:00 PM

Aug 2010
And the 4th sports anime has finally aired. Glad I gave it a chance. It was way better than I was expecting hehehe.

Sakamichi is pretty funny. I was afraid he'd be the coward type that's always bullied...etc but glad he's got his own personality and aggressive in his own way (Otaku way XD)...Lol'd so much at how he climbs that friggin steep slope while singing an anime song hahahaha.

Imaizumi is cool and funny too. Especially his monologues XD...His reactions to Sakamichi were hilarious and at the end when he started singing Hime Hime Hime I lol'd so much XD

Miki seems to be a nice girl and the club seniors look to be fun. So can't wait to see more :D

I guess Sakamichi's ability will shine in stamina races. Since I doubt he'll be a fast rider.

And holy shit that guy in the OP&ED who looks like F/Z Caster was so creepy with those eyes and mouth XD
Oct 7, 2013 12:00 PM
Aug 2011
Wow I thought that was great and highly enjoyable.
It felt like the episode flew by.

I was thinking it was kind of a serious end to the first episode but then the part after the ED when he starts singing in the bathtub was really amusing.
Oct 7, 2013 12:10 PM

Jan 2012
Glad to see another decent sports anime this season.

Oct 7, 2013 1:12 PM

Feb 2012
Pretty happy with the first episode. Definitely going to be continuing on with the series. Going to be really fun watching Sakamichi transform into an athlete.

The fact that this only has 8 replies even though it's already out on Crunchyroll makes me a bit sad. I think this is going to be a really good series that not many people are going to watch :(
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Oct 7, 2013 1:14 PM

Aug 2008
NO CLIFFHANGER!
The main character is stupidly cute XD
I'm so happy to see so many sport anime this season!
Hime hime hime ~
Oct 7, 2013 1:30 PM

Apr 2013
LOL the last scene! that was really funny.
good episode,seems like this will be a very enjoyable show.
Oct 7, 2013 1:32 PM
Mar 2013
Can't wait to see more of this show, really enjoyed it, and DAT ending! Didn't expect it i laughed so hard, but also found it so cute *3*
Oct 7, 2013 1:35 PM

Jul 2013
Enjoyed the first episode. So many good sports anime this season. xp

The mc is pretty resilient. Those were some hard falls.
Oct 7, 2013 1:36 PM

Aug 2010
Onoda is such a refreshing main character. Can't wait for the rest of the cast to be introduced! The CG bikes looked pretty good too.

Let's be real though, the Hime song was catchier than both the OP and ED...
HI-ME HIMEHIME SUKISUKI DAISUKI~~
Oct 7, 2013 1:37 PM

Jan 2012
Great episode, another good sport anime

I find it funny how Sakamichi doesn't want to join any athletic clubs yet he has one hell of a talent. The guy doesn't even know he has potential in him.

Can't wait to see more.
Oct 7, 2013 2:01 PM

Jul 2012
More fun sports animes on my list is always better. :) This one is no exception. So far, a good start. I wish I could bike, but my balance sucks.

Just looked up the VAs! Eager to hear JunFuku voice another one of the MCs next episode. Nice to hear Kousuke Toriumi again! His character is cute as well.

Hey, guys, is the OVA any different than the series? Or is it an extra story?
Oct 7, 2013 2:12 PM

Feb 2011
Loved the chara design :D
Oct 7, 2013 2:26 PM
Mar 2012
mayukachan said:

Hey, guys, is the OVA any different than the series? Or is it an extra story?

The story is something that happened much later in the manga, it is better to watch the TV series first before watching it.
Oct 7, 2013 2:30 PM

May 2012
I really enjoyed this episode, its one of the most promising shows this season.
I especially liked the very last bit where the intense guy got the anime song stuck in his head, it really tied this entire episode together.
Oct 7, 2013 2:37 PM

Jul 2012
melina_putri said:
The story is something that happened much later in the manga, it is better to watch the TV series first before watching it.

Thanks for the info.
Oct 7, 2013 3:09 PM

Jul 2013
That episode went by very quick, but it was really enjoyable. I'm already liking Sakamichi, he's a fun protagonist, and that song he was singing was hilarious. I can't wait to see how much he develops later on when he joins the Cycling Club.
45RavagerOct 7, 2013 7:40 PM
Oct 7, 2013 3:18 PM

Dec 2012
Way better than expected! Sakamichi being unexpected hero was cool!

The animation is good, hope it stays this way.

Will watch! Die OverDirve! :]

7.5/10
Oct 7, 2013 3:20 PM

Jul 2010
HIME HIME HIME HIME!
Awesome episode, more Spokon is always a good thing. I will surely keep watching it.
The MC is such a promising MC.
That guy in the bathtub at the end was singing Hime hime's song lol.
Oct 7, 2013 3:46 PM

Jun 2012
Wow I'm surprised at how much fun I was having watching this show
HybridMBLOct 7, 2013 3:50 PM
Oct 7, 2013 3:58 PM

Nov 2010
I love sports anime, they get me so pumped up. I can totally tell someone is either going to see them racing or something like that. I love those moments.

I like the MC a lot, there's nothing I don't like about him so far. An otaku sportsman sounds interesting, hopefully he keeps his hobby while he's in the racing club, it's quite funny. I'm not going to start typing the hime song, it's already been done enough in this thread.
Oct 7, 2013 4:05 PM

Jun 2012
I'm pretty excited about this series, being a decently serious cyclist myself. I just hope it doesn't end up like Stella Jogakuin club, which was about airsoft but was really bad and I wasn't too happy about it.
I'm also glad I hear an artist I like, Rookiez is Punk'd!

Oct 7, 2013 4:17 PM

Jul 2011
Woot! Very good like I expected. Seems my standard for biking animes should stay high. They even have the OP by Rookies is Punk'd. XD
OverDrive had an upbeat OP too.

Hoping for a 2 cour. Can't wait to see everyone baffled by Sakamichi's bike riding.

LOL @ the singing in the bathtub in the end.

Favorite of the season so far, and no complaints either. :D
Oct 7, 2013 4:37 PM

Dec 2012
This was certainly better than I expected, the MC is fun and the Hime song was catchy. I hope there is some romance development in it, to keep me interested. Will see, the character design of some of the characters is great. Good start 4/5.
Oct 7, 2013 4:41 PM

Nov 2010
Mi-chi said:
Woot! Very good like I expected. Seems my standard for biking animes should stay high. They even have the OP by Rookies is Punk'd. XD

Hoping for a 2 cour. Can't wait to see everyone baffled by Sakamichi's bike riding.

Apparently it's supposed to be like 30 or 50 episodes long.
Oct 7, 2013 5:43 PM

Oct 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Mi-chi said:

Really? Thats so exciting! I really loved the first episode, especially the main character!
Oct 7, 2013 5:47 PM

Nov 2010
-StarFire said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Mi-chi said:

Really? Thats so exciting! I really loved the first episode, especially the main character!
Yeah I believe the news is in the announcing Yowamush Pedal thread.
Oct 7, 2013 6:28 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I ROTFLed at the guy's face when he saw the MC super relaxed while climbing the slope.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 7, 2013 6:30 PM

May 2012
Feels like Overdrive but surprisingly much better! The mc guy has an insane potential, singing while riding that steep slope. No wonder that rich kid was so bothered. And that Hime, Hime song at the bathtub. Haha... 1st song syndrome?? lol.
Oct 7, 2013 6:38 PM

Nov 2011
IntroverTurtle said:

It will be 39 episodes long.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Oct 7, 2013 8:34 PM

Jul 2012
rederoin said:
IntroverTurtle said:

I'm okay with this. :D
Oct 7, 2013 8:36 PM

Nov 2010
rederoin said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Thank you. That is great, a nice amount of episodes. I also hope that's not the end of it though.
Oct 7, 2013 9:12 PM
Jul 2012
It was enjoyable.
Oct 7, 2013 9:57 PM

Aug 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
rederoin said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Thank you. That is great, a nice amount of episodes. I also hope that's not the end of it though.
I'm ready for 39 episodes, it was extremely enjoyable. This and Kingdom on Mondays for the next 21 weeks is a very good thing.
Oct 7, 2013 10:04 PM

Jul 2013
I pretty much enjoy this episode, even though is just character introductions and a set up. I thought Sakamichi was wimpy at first, but It seems like he is a promising character imo. Looks interesting in the end when Imaizumi wanted to race with Sakamichi. Animation, art, op, and ed, were decent enough.

Well a good start off for a sports anime. Can't wait to see the next episode.

Oct 7, 2013 10:50 PM

Mar 2010
Barion-Zara said:
And the 4th sports anime has finally aired. Glad I gave it a chance. It was way better than I was expecting hehehe.

Sakamichi is pretty funny. I was afraid he'd be the coward type that's always bullied...etc but glad he's got his own personality and aggressive in his own way (Otaku way XD)...Lol'd so much at how he climbs that friggin steep slope while singing an anime song hahahaha.

Imaizumi is cool and funny too. Especially his monologues XD...His reactions to Sakamichi were hilarious and at the end when he started singing Hime Hime Hime I lol'd so much XD

Miki seems to be a nice girl and the club seniors look to be fun. So can't wait to see more :D

I guess Sakamichi's ability will shine in stamina races. Since I doubt he'll be a fast rider.

And holy shit that guy in the OP&ED who looks like F/Z Caster was so creepy with those eyes and mouth XD

Same here, I wasn't expecting much, I almost miss this anime and it would've been a shame, it started pretty good.

I'm also glad he has not that kind of personality, and Imaizumi singing hime hime at the end I almost fell of my chair LOL.
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Oct 7, 2013 11:30 PM

Dec 2011
Good start....characters are quite interesting and it's quite funny.Have high hope for it and this season has a lots of sport anime and all of them was good
Oct 8, 2013 2:26 AM

Jun 2011
UnbornMVs said:
Loved the chara design :D

This. At first I thought it was pretty childish-ey, but after I actually watched the show, it's pretty good, and cute ^^

Lol at the last scene, "hime hime hime" hum..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 8, 2013 3:30 AM

Sep 2012
Really enjoyed this! I'm glad that this'll be 39 episodes long. I'll hold off the manga until the anime ends.
Oct 8, 2013 4:23 AM

Mar 2013
Oh my God, their uniform. I started laughing when I saw their trousers - they look like Rupert the bear.

The bara guy is super cute as frick. I hope he gets some nice doujinshis.

This was really great, though! I love sports anime anyway, but all the characters seem really interesting and Sakamichi is super cute. Although, I remember that Sakamichi means slope from Sakamichi no Apollon, but they were only saying "saka" when they talked about the slope. Is sakamichi just a longer version of saka, like nisemono is a longer version of nise (at least I think it is from general animanga observation), or does sakamichi have more meaning to it like "steep slope" or something? Ah, I just find languages super interesting, gomen.
Oct 8, 2013 8:04 AM

Apr 2013
damn that was waaaaaaay better than I expected. 8/10 for the first episode, can't wait to see that 1v1 race.
Oct 8, 2013 8:25 AM

Jul 2013
Wow.. certainly exceed my expectation!! It's even better than some of the shows that I was looking forward to this season.. somehow when he sang that "hime hime" song was really funny! Add in the competition (which is going to be intense judging by the animation style) and this series might end up as one of the best this season.
Oct 8, 2013 8:34 AM

Apr 2013
liked it very much, like overdrive which anime is not finished I hope this one would be complete, kinda like anime like this giving hope to wimpy masses lolol. lots of new anime this season to watch for.
Oct 8, 2013 9:27 AM

Jan 2013
Very nice. There's good variety this season.
I've never seen a biking anime before.
Oct 8, 2013 11:38 AM

Mar 2008
I loved the first episode! It was really interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing more.
Oct 8, 2013 1:00 PM
May 2012
Very interesting. MC seems promising. looking forward to this. Fond of cycling!!

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2014

100 by Hoshiosora »»
Apr 29, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2014

114 by inveercique »»
Apr 15, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2014

71 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 29, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2013

85 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2013

54 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 1:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.