Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 12, 2011 11:14 AM
Jun 2008
Ousto said:
I really liked this ep. I hope the show will stay as good as this.

It's nice to have adults as main characters for once.
This ep was pretty cheasy and cliche, I love it.
But I still don't like Bunny.

I second that, i'm sick of the 12 year olds saving the world plot bullcrap

Nice to see that the main protagonist is the oldest hero around. Also a very likeable character. A bit of a cliché hero with his saving the world mindset, but he makes up for it with his 'epic fail actions'

The ouroboros sounds like the main antagonist thingy. It reminds me of Psyren--> select group of humans with special powers, Ouroboros as the main villain/thing
Apr 13, 2011 12:49 PM

Aug 2009
Awesome! This episode was so good and revealing... I think that this anime has a good future... The history is a cliche but holds the otaku arrested on the monitor cuz mixing action and comedy so well!!! 4/5
Lay on, lay on, lay on, lay on...
Apr 13, 2011 2:55 PM

Apr 2009
JohnShepard said:
This is starting to look like X-Men, but with a more comedic approach and less angst. I like the interaction between Bunny and Tiger. And damn the animation is great.

These were pretty much my exact thoughts. The art style is probably what makes it seem like X-Men; the dynamics between characters are much different. The scenes of Tiger and Barnaby "working together" were surprisingly hilarious. I think the contrast between ideologies is excellent.
Apr 13, 2011 7:09 PM

Jul 2008
The character interactions were very well done in this episode. Especially that one scene when Tiger was making fun of Barnaby's name! :)
Apr 14, 2011 7:41 AM

May 2009
I'd love to see more of the first episode Hero TV format, but this episode was still pretty amazing.
I think I found a season favourite. Please remain awesome, oh Tiger & Bunny. <3

Oh, and that producer lady Agnes looks almost identical to that developer lady in Kuragehime. I hope she turns out to be as entertaining.
Apr 14, 2011 11:20 AM

Dec 2007
I'm surprised that this show is this amazing given that this is an ad showcase!
Apr 14, 2011 11:29 AM

Aug 2009
Tiger saying "My name isn't Bunny! It's Barnaby!" made me lol so much.
5/5
Apr 14, 2011 3:51 PM

Oct 2010
I'm really interested in seeing how the rest of this pans out. It's a really fun show to watch. :D
Eat some steak and scoot up to bed~
Apr 14, 2011 4:53 PM

Jun 2010
Honestly this show is just unexpectedly good, likable characters, great premise, and a satirical take on cliche superhero antics.
It's just the name, if it gets released into other countries I hope they change the name.
I really think it has the potential to be a cowboy bebop level of writing anime, let's just see if it succeeds, and also people who are bugged by the ads, please explain, you guys just sound like you're just whining for the sake of whining.
"The R1 Anime business is a cruel and shallow financial trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
Apr 15, 2011 1:28 AM
Dec 2007
Very clever episode once again, there's so much matter to develop that I really hope it'll be done right. Huge animation too.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 24, 2011 2:27 AM

Aug 2008
Loved this episode! Regardless of how cliche and sappy it was. By extension I respect Kotetsu that much more. Him and Barnaby together are almost painful to watch, but for now Tiger's heroism stands alone.

DonKangolJonesApr 24, 2011 2:46 AM
Apr 25, 2011 3:33 PM

Jul 2009
Another awesome episode. I really like how Kotetsu doesn't care about the points and just wants to save people. Guess he really saw himself in Tony which is why he saved him. Pretty cool how he made it so that he'd have to use his power at the end XD
Jul 3, 2011 12:21 PM

Oct 2010
really good episode!!! really good that he used his past experience to make the kid feel at ease... this anime is AWESOME!!! >.<
Jul 7, 2011 3:19 AM
Oct 2010
My tears ;_;
Aug 19, 2011 3:33 PM

Jun 2009
I spotted a few clichés here and there, but that’s to be expected… Not that I enjoyed it any less because of that.

WAIT—WHEN DID THE GET BOY UP HIGH IN THAT ESTATUE!? He can’t only have the power to control objects by touching them if he managed to get there in matter of seconds. … Ah, details, details.

That mechanic was hilarious.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Sep 13, 2011 9:44 PM

Dec 2009
Absolutely looooooooved this episode! As good as the first but with more comedy and hilarious antics between Tiger&Bunny. Yes, they're painful to watch as a super-hero team, but Tiger seems to take it all in stride and loved the scene where Tiger was mocking Bunny. Classic~! If I can get more of this where I cry and feel bad for characters and then get to laugh and be in awe at the animation and the action and just giggle in excitement and laughter then everything is going to be GLORIOUS. I don't doubt this will quickly become one of my favorites as I get more into the story, characters, and overall the series <3

Anyways, Tiger was seriously awesome in this episode. I loved his backstory and how he got raised to actually BE a hero and save people for the sake of them needing to be saved instead of being a super-hero who just fights crime to get the sponsors, glory, fame, and mostly money. Yeah, Mr. Legend was balding plus a little porky and his clothes were too tight on him but it was a very sweet moment that Tiger needed to become a hero and now he helped that boy to possibly follow in his footsteps, too.

Anyways, I can't wait to continue~!!
Sep 17, 2011 1:59 PM

Jan 2007
Just loved the interactions between Tiger and Bunny.
However I don't like the ending at all, very weak, it was even kinda hard to watch it(remembers the blond kind running after the police car...), anyway there were plenty of great scenes in this episode to compensate for the ending.
Nov 12, 2011 4:22 AM

Apr 2009
Great episode, the NEXT kid learned the importance of being a hero. Interesting show so far.
Dec 3, 2011 6:33 PM
Nov 2011
I watched the first episode months ago, but kept it tucked back in my mind. For some reason i watched this episode this evening, and I admit, I love thea ction + humor concept. I haven't laughed this hard at a super hero mess up since The 'Greatest American hero' what a hoot. I really think this has potential, and am watching more right now ;)
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Dec 26, 2011 8:58 PM

Nov 2007
Oh, nice twist that it was Legend who saved Kotetsu. For some reason I was thinking it was the kid with powers and couldn't work out why he was acting up now. What a childish reason for going berserk and possibly killing a whole bunch of people, but he's a kid... so I guess we gotta give him leeway? :S

Love the Tiger/Bunny dynamic. <3
Jan 11, 2012 6:07 AM
Feb 2010
Well, so far I'm loving this anime. I'm a sucker for the whole superhero theme. I actually had no idea what this was gonna be like until I started it, soo.. xD
I ship Kotetsu x Barnaby like a boss... >w> (probably along with millions of others lol)

I loved how Kotetsu helped the little boy ;~; it was so sweet <3
Jan 27, 2012 1:01 AM

Sep 2010
lol Kotetsu's old suit getting blown up, burnt to a crisp, and getting chainsawed. xD

I liked how Kotetsu helped the little boy by saying his power will save people. Then the little boy comes in a stops the orb shaped building from falling in everyone by using his NEXT powers.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Feb 26, 2012 2:29 PM

Dec 2009
This was great! Very entertaining, also I'm loving the animation. Very good start for the series, hopefully it'll remain good like this (:
Mar 29, 2012 10:37 PM

Oct 2011
I loved how Kotetsu was mocking Barnaby~ ヽ(*・ω・)ノ
|ω・)
Apr 4, 2012 8:55 PM

Dec 2010
兔ちゃん〜 XD
「J>K>W」
事実。
Apr 8, 2012 11:55 PM

Jun 2009
These first two episodes have really sold me on Kotetsu as a character. He just feels so genuine in his desire to be an honest to god SUPERHERO in contrast to Barnaby and the others. He's also a funny guy and I like how his past was handled and, unlike a few people in this thread, I thought how the stuff between him and Tony was handled was very genuine as well. I mean, compare this to that Ironman anime fiasco and it's just night and day in regards to the execution.

Really good series so far, here's hoping the next episode does a good job of developing Barnaby.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 7, 2012 11:39 AM

May 2011
That was entertaining, but last 5 minutes before ed were just terrible.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Nov 13, 2012 4:24 AM

Sep 2012
Mr Legend made the episode.
Feb 16, 2013 8:30 PM

Nov 2012
The storyline is so cliché yet such a classic at the same time. I kept replaying the part where Kotetsu mocked Barnaby. :3
Mar 5, 2013 2:16 AM

Feb 2013
Hilarious when "Tiger" just makes fun of "Bunny"... so me xD

but destroying my yellow mustang is not funny!! :@
Jul 2, 2013 12:03 PM

Jul 2009
i love the episode :D

even though it was a typical cliche story, the way kotetsu explain the meaning of justice is good!!

Kotetsu may not have the stylish style the other heroes has, but he has a big heart and prefer to do things the old school way!!!

also Blue Rose ass and boobs for the win!!!

so Mr. Legend is the father of Barnaby huh? i wonder if he defected to the dark side and all??

Kotetsu and Barnaby make a unique team XD

these engrish voices at the end of episodes are funny as hell!!

next episode is gonna be ace!
Jul 4, 2013 8:47 PM

Apr 2010
This should be renamed as Tiger x Bunny. I just can't seem to ignore that moment where they got tied together and Kotetsu kinda hit the heart too.

I feel more bromance on the way~

Plus this episode was really cool, Barnaby saving Kotetsu's daughter...I kinda saw it coming but it still struck me when the structure fell on her-- well looked like it fell on her.

Something about Pepsi NEX kinda reminds me of Pepsi Max. Those 'sponsors' are kinda priiiiiceless.

I believe I will continue watching this anime until the end.
Aug 25, 2013 3:05 PM

Jul 2013
I liked how Kotetsu passed on what Mr Legend taught him. Great episode, looking forward to seeing more of this :D
Sep 12, 2013 5:33 PM

May 2012
Tiger is the man! Too bad though that he was not the one who save his daughter.
Feb 11, 2014 7:55 PM

Dec 2011
WOW the first two episodes were so much fun. Tiger is a BRO.
Jun 13, 2014 1:53 PM

Sep 2013
aaww, Kotetsu inspired a kid to become a hero, i wonder whats with that Ouroboros at the end.
Aug 3, 2014 6:50 AM

May 2012
Great episode I must say, I quite like where this show is going and lol it must be hard to be a hero and a father :p
Aug 18, 2014 4:24 PM

Feb 2013
I laughed when they got caught in their own wires.
Mar 1, 2015 12:39 AM

Nov 2013
Nice! We learned more about Kotetsu's backstory.

That suit-testing scene was funny. Watching Kotetsu's old suit get obliterated got quite a few giggles out of me.

I'm curious as to how that kid's power works. Does he have to be touching a statue to be able to control it or can he control a statue from a distance? If so, then controlling that statue to rescue that guy wouldn't have been possible.

Kotetsu's awesome. Can't wait to see what other antics he and Barnaby can pull off.

Wonder what's up with the ouroboros symbol at the end?

Good episode. This anime's getting better!

7.5/10 While it does seem a bit cheesy, it's still entertaining as hell!
FunnyRatmanMar 1, 2015 12:42 AM

Apr 16, 2015 10:03 PM

Feb 2013
Never thought id have to read subs while watching a dub lol.

Also an Anime where the comedy actually makes me laugh and doesn't outright annoy me? Amazing.

But yeah, another great episode.
Shape430Apr 17, 2015 12:12 AM
Dec 10, 2015 11:43 AM
Jun 2013
nice to see a chunky hero that isint a joke and was an actual inspiration. I also dont get the "dont tell your family" thing about the hero stuff. I mean Tigers mom knows about it why not tell your daughter. I mean it gives a good reason why your missing her stuff.
May 25, 2016 1:47 PM

Nov 2013
Nice episode. But I'm not to fond of Kotetsu. It's good that he focuses more on rescuing people instead of making the best entrance. But he's to much of the "rush in without a plan" guy for my taste. As of now, I like Barnaby more.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jun 4, 2016 9:59 AM

Feb 2015
Yeah, I already dislike the main character of this anime. While it's cool the MC isn't the typical 16 year old you have in most anime, it's pointless if he still acts like one.

Not really feeling the humour at all. Seems very childish, and hasn't managed to make me laugh once yet.

This whole episode was overly predictable and loaded with clichés with every turn it took. The action lacks any kind of impact. I'm left unimpressed. Also hating how his boss told him to not damage the statue, even though it was on a rampage through the city. Really? People's lives are worth less than some artefact in this world? Literally, what the hell...

Trying one more episode, as I like to give a show at least 3 chances, but not getting my hopes up for this one.
Jul 20, 2016 1:12 AM

Oct 2012
Sanji Tiger the MVP! xD
"Signature removed"
Jun 28, 2017 7:14 PM
Nov 2015
I lol'ed hard with the mechanic. Best part of the episode.
Oct 28, 2017 1:06 PM

Jan 2014
It's all about money. Unlikely duo might work.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 8, 2018 7:16 PM
Aug 2012
This episode was really well paced! and we got to become involved in our main characters current life, and background to him becoming a hero himself. Cannot wait to see more! Bunny is a hard one to read at this point. Is he funny? I dunno.
Oct 16, 2018 5:27 PM

Jun 2011
This was a very cliched and cheesy episode. Also, the show's a bit too excessive on the language and sexuality.

But I'm confused, why couldn't the little boy control his behaviors? How is Barnaby able to zip and rescue people before our very eyes like how he did with Kaede? Does he have disappear and reappear powers? And that debris did not look like it fell on Kaede, just on top of her.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Jun 30, 2020 10:01 AM

May 2018
Lol the duo could not be more opposite to each other
Aug 20, 2020 7:29 PM
Oct 2019
Really nice episode. Insight into tigers origin story and current home life. Dudes funny. Learn where the name bunny comes from. I figured Barnaby/bunny, but the pink bunny ears scene was comedic. Glad tiger's daughter didn't die. I figured bunny would save her but you just never know.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Blackbird - Jul 23, 2011

125 by Twicky_ »»
Aug 10, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2011

214 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Jul 25, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - May 14, 2011

74 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Jul 15, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Monochrome - Apr 2, 2011

147 by DanEndra_Tensei »»
Dec 17, 2023 5:27 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - Jun 18, 2011

93 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 4, 2023 8:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.