Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 5, 2018 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What an episode. I love that little battle in the air even with someone like Yoshitake. Asirpa played a neat role as a support too.

They really put these characters into near death positions this episode and I think that's what made it thrilling. Sugimoto is still a daredvil that never ceases to amaze me at how much risk he takes. I need more! (even with Yoshitake and those priceless deer scenes lol)
Stark700Nov 5, 2018 6:52 AM
Nov 5, 2018 9:00 AM

Jun 2009
finnally koito is introduced. totally love too have ogata in the main group but also with too see more of tanigakis side again soon
Nov 5, 2018 10:18 AM

Apr 2016
New character introduced, and hes as weird as everyone lol.

Also the flashback.
Nov 5, 2018 10:27 AM

Nov 2016
Holy hell, that escalated quickly.

Ma boy Shiraishi went insane and Ogata showed his skills with the rifle once again.

And wasn't expecting that one of the most emotional moments of the series would be in the body of a dead deer.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 5, 2018 10:38 AM

Dec 2017
damn, this episode was so good. it's so entertaining to watch, has everything. a bit of mind games, a bit of action, a bit of drama
perfectly balanced.. as all things should be

i'm loving this sequel much-much more than the previous season. really good so far
Nov 5, 2018 10:40 AM

Jul 2007

the way ogata stuffed shiraishi in
Nov 5, 2018 11:05 AM
Mar 2015
Loved the alone time between Aspira and Sugimoto Almost romantic Aspira if lSugimoto was awake he could have told you that he is one of those who can't go home again because the war has not ended for him
Nov 5, 2018 11:09 AM

Jan 2018
The last part was touching with Sugimoto crying and with asirpa asking to go to his homeland
It was emotional untill I saw shiraishi head sticking out of a deer ass

Most people of Lt.Tsurumi's has thing for him
Nov 5, 2018 11:12 AM
Oct 2018
I don't why but i cried on the last part of this episode when asripa asks about his fav. Food and then there is a flashback of his past eating his fav. Food with his friend who had died and his friends wife, who's eyesight is deteriorating. Suddenly i remembered rhe promise sugimoto made to his friend.

Gotta say the story is good
Nov 5, 2018 11:55 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
ArjunAugusto said:
The last part was touching with Sugimoto crying and with asirpa asking to go to his homeland
It was emotional untill I saw shiraishi head sticking out of a deer ass

LOL, indeed. That's the thing with Golden Kamuy. Sometimes it can be the most violent thing you've in anime for years, or have a really important dramatic moment, and then the zany over the top humor returns and makes you laugh out loud.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 5, 2018 12:11 PM

Feb 2016
Pretty tense episode, that escalated quickly with that Tsurumi Lackey when they were rescuing Shiraishi.

Last scene was kinda sad, very emotional moment between Asirpa and Sugimoto. Sugimoto shed... a Manly tear ;_;

That after credits scene tho... lmao
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 5, 2018 1:52 PM

Jul 2017
Easily my favorite episode from this season. Finally, I feel like Golden Kamuy is back to its usual really good quality.

First few episodes of this season were kinda there, but this episode blew me away. Such an intense episode here.
Nov 5, 2018 2:15 PM

Apr 2015
Damn this was so tense, the whole cover was blown pretty quickly. Sugimoto got shot twice and survived again. Maybe he really is immortal XD

That scene inside that deer was really nice and very emotional for Sugimoto. Definitely my favorite scene of the Second season so far.

Seeing shiraishi in that deer was just hilarious!
Nov 5, 2018 2:35 PM

Aug 2017
The last scene lmao.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 5, 2018 3:26 PM

Jul 2016
Another great episode. That sudden gun shot took me by surprise, honestly. That Koito guy seems to be an interesting character although it also seems he's as eccentric as the rest of the cast xD

The talk between Sugimoto and Asirpa was the best moment of the episode without a doubt. It really helped to give Sugimoto more development as a character. And not to mention that it was really touching when he started crying.

P.S.: Damn it, Shiraishi. I was thinking about how hard it must be for Tsugimoto to deal with what he might had done in the war and then you appear... with your head coming out of a deer's ass xD
Nov 5, 2018 4:44 PM

Apr 2016
dang, I really thought they were gonna make it out with no bloodshed for a moment there, poor conman.
the little glimpse into Sugimoto's past, before his scars...
I love the line about having to destroy the old you to survive in war, and some people are never able to get their old selves back. Sugimoto is still trying to bring back his old self...
Nov 5, 2018 4:53 PM

Oct 2015
I liked Suzukawa and Sugimoto's acting, too bad they cut it right away. RIP Suzukawa.

I just knew Shiraishi will be possessed the way he became arrogant about the tale. I loved the Asirpa/Sugimoto moment, it's been been a while we had those. That Koito guy sure is loyal to Tsurumi, to even carry his photo like that shows too much dedication.

Good episode,
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 5, 2018 5:23 PM

Jan 2011
what a wild but intense episode with some funny bits but still managed to end up with some feels.
Nov 5, 2018 5:43 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great intense and suspenseful episode!

Easily my favourite episode of Golden Kamuy Season 2, it really showcased everything great about this show! Intense fight scenes, emotional moments and then the wacky comedy thrown in every now and then just makes it hard to not laugh out loud. That flashback though, Sugimoto has really changed and it’s no surprise now. Asirpa trying to console Sugimoto and just the whole scene of bonding was nice to see, but Sugimoto in tears there was really depressing. I wonder who those two people were and meant to him.
Moving on, the surprise gun shot by Lt Koito sure took me by surprise. Damn, what a buildup scene that was! I really thought the imposter got it right on the mark, and by the looks of it so did Sugimoto. And then Sugimoto sacrificing himself for Shiraishi and the following battle was cool! What was with the swimming in the air scene though xD? I lol’d the scene when Shiraishi commented, “Are they even Japanese?”, because I was so thinking the exact same. Poor deers again, though.

I’m looking forward to seeing what the next episodes have in store for us, I’d really like to see more of Sugimoto’s past now!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 5, 2018 6:29 PM

Sep 2010
and I thought they smelled bad, on the outside!
Nov 5, 2018 7:01 PM

Dec 2009
Does Shiraishi, after the end credits, reminds me of this from Ace Ventura 2:

https://youtu.be/_tDUwNjw7ms?t=105
Nov 5, 2018 7:15 PM

Oct 2014
Koito was priceless!!
Man, that was amazing. AND FINALLY, WE GET A GODDAMN FLASHBACK! The scene really wouldn't have had any impact without it, bless.
An introduction is still in order tho =-=
Nov 5, 2018 8:32 PM

Jul 2009
Wow now if the series doesn’t end with Asirpa and Sugimoto going back to his hometown to eat dried persimmons, imma riot :(
Nov 5, 2018 11:41 PM

Feb 2014
Koito's introduction was certainly memorable, with the way he switches dialect when he gets pissed off made me laugh multiple times. XD

But this episode really did excel at nailing the funny, serious AND heart-warming moments so easily. The scene where Sugimoto and Asirpa take shelter from the harsh mountain weather under the corpse of a deer and with Sugimoto getting teary-eyed after thinking about his life before the war was really moving.

So when Asirpa tells Sugimoto that she wanted to go with him to his hometown to eat persimmons, I really hope that he grants her wish soon. =)

Great episode and I knew that Shiraishi can be an ass at times, but the way he was stuffed into the deer's backside after the credits was hilarious! XD
Nov 6, 2018 12:34 AM

May 2018
damn i like that con guy, shame he's got eliminated early
Nov 6, 2018 6:46 AM
Mar 2011
Fun episode indeed. Sad to see the that con-man die like that. He seemed like he would be an interesting character.
Nov 6, 2018 9:34 AM

May 2018

LOL. ROFL
RIP to the con artist.
Nov 6, 2018 11:31 AM
Aug 2011
I keep noticing that the anime staff can never quite seem to draw Ogata correctly.
Nov 6, 2018 11:40 AM

Jul 2014
Excellent episode, the best this season and probably one of the best of the show as a whole so far.
Nov 6, 2018 12:22 PM

May 2015
Whoa, what an episode! I nearly forgot how good were the non-comedic parts. Not to say that I don't appreciate the comedy here, but it's been a while since we got something serious too.

And why on earth Tsurumi is so popular with weird guys, lol.
Nov 6, 2018 2:49 PM

Jun 2014
The con artist (RIP) and Sugimoto's cover was blown pretty quickly, but they managed to get out of there. The escape sure was intense.

Of course the intensity was balanced with more comedic gold from Shiraishi (that bit after the ED, lmao) as well as an unexpectedly touching moment between Asirpa and Sugimoto.....inside a dead deer. Great episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Nov 6, 2018 7:26 PM

Aug 2013
ZOGOLITA said:
I don't why but i cried on the last part of this episode when asripa asks about his fav. Food and then there is a flashback of his past eating his fav. Food with his friend who had died and his friends wife, who's eyesight is deteriorating. Suddenly i remembered rhe promise sugimoto made to his friend.

Gotta say the story is good

The last scene was so well done, really had me in my feels :,)
Nov 6, 2018 10:43 PM

Aug 2015
Golden Kamuy is going steampunk with stealing a blimp lol
The blimp in question is modeled off of Yamada-shiki No. 1

Last scene of Sugimoto trying to hold back tears hit right in the feels
Nov 7, 2018 12:53 AM

Jul 2016
And once again Escape King steals the show.
Nov 7, 2018 1:56 PM
Jul 2013
I wonder if that con artist is really dead. We saw him shot in the head, but on the other hand Sugimoto recalls a story, where a bullet from this gun bounced off of pig's nose, so... we can't really be sure.
Nov 7, 2018 6:35 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, but i feel kinda bad about the guy that died, he did a great job. I wonder if he really died tho.
The mountains part was really intense. Never thought i would see Sugimoto holding tears, war does change people...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 7, 2018 6:35 PM

Jan 2013
matheoo41 said:
I wonder if that con artist is really dead. We saw him shot in the head, but on the other hand Sugimoto recalls a story, where a bullet from this gun bounced off of pig's nose, so... we can't really be sure.

Exactly! Maybe there is still a chance for him!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 7, 2018 8:03 PM

Jun 2013
Koito is now one of my favorite character, he was so bad ass killing that con artist, RIP. Plus he has an awesome Satsuma dialect. I love dialects so much.

Of course, Shiraishi would be the only one to lose his mind to the sex demon and run around naked during winter. That end card of his head sticking out through the buck's ass though.

Also, that sweet almost father-daughter/brother-sister moment that Sugimoto and Asirpa-chan had. He recalled his past, nice to see how he looked like before the war.
臭い-
Nov 8, 2018 9:46 AM

May 2017
Finally caught up with the anime, now the real struggle for waiting a whole week starts.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2018 4:06 PM

Feb 2016
That com artist was really nice, pity he died (or maybe not, like a few people here are saying)
Nov 9, 2018 1:53 AM
Jun 2017
Koito really swam on air that scene was so funny 😭😂
Nov 9, 2018 6:00 AM

Sep 2018
Wow. Just wow. This episode had so much stuff going on. It was, thrilling, had some good action, was funny and really emotional. Golden Kamuy is such a dense show with so much going on, I love it. It's a shame the Manga didn't get translated into German yet.
Stop wasting time on MAL, go watch Planet With!
Nov 10, 2018 6:43 AM

Dec 2014
it got emotional in the end...damn hmmm
Nov 10, 2018 8:10 AM

Apr 2015
Didn't really like Harunyan's acting. Screamed a lot but still a bit detached with the whole atmosphere I think.

And felt rushed. Suzukawa doesn't work well as a character with that episode cut.
Nov 10, 2018 11:16 AM
Aug 2011
Lanz said:
Didn't really like Harunyan's acting. Screamed a lot but still a bit detached with the whole atmosphere I think.

Interesting that you mention this, I don't particularly care for Asirpa's voice and she's my favorite character. :c
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned something like this... I haven't been looking.
Nov 14, 2018 7:02 PM

Oct 2008
Another Intense Comedy Episode!
5/5.

Dec 1, 2018 9:12 AM

Mar 2015
As a veteran myself the scene inside the deer was moving. And Sugimoto you had better hand onto that girl, she's one in a million.

End card was hilarious!
The sword that takes life gives life
Dec 26, 2018 6:25 AM

Mar 2010
Dam. they killed the master of disguise fast.. RIP

Jan 19, 2019 3:14 PM

May 2012
Fantastic episode, that exchange went a bit different than I hoped as he really played his part excellent. But well that ending sure was interesting as well! Looking forwards to see what's next.
Jun 24, 2019 7:10 AM

Oct 2018
best episode so far this season, almost cried in the last scene
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2018

103 by Coolfrog27 »»
Sep 20, 1:24 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2018

140 by Satoshi17 »»
Jun 2, 10:50 AM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2018

58 by Karva1 »»
Mar 18, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2018

75 by Karva1 »»
Mar 17, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2018

63 by Karva1 »»
Mar 17, 12:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.