Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2018 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm glad to see Suzuka is doing better now. Seeing everyone gathered for a hotpot gathering is a nice sight to see.

I think she's really lucky to have friends like Special Week that cares about her so much. From the beginning, Special Week looked up to her as a role model. As such, I think she inspired her to be a better horse girl at racing.

Special Week didn't win the race this episode but I think she should get praise for effort.
Stark700May 13, 2018 9:02 AM
May 13, 2018 9:05 AM

Apr 2010
Special Week forgetting what's important and it casted her the race not to mention that Grass Wonder got angry.
But she seems the have learned a thing or two and hopefully she will be able to improve her performance.
Next time i hope to see her win again.
May 13, 2018 9:46 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Grass Wonder is someone who wants a fight to the fullest so she can see where she is standing after her injury.

Spe-chan had only Suzuka on her mind, Grass Wonder noticed throughout the episode. She couldn't even be fully happy about her win cause she didn't get a fight and possibly also cause she is prideful (feeling she was underestimated).
May 13, 2018 10:25 AM

Aug 2013
9 months timeskip. I have been wondering, but is the school supposed to be like a highschool? Do the horsegirls have to leave after 3 years and become professional, attend a horse training college, or quit racing? There should be new students coming in as well.

Anyway, seems like the drama isn't going to last long, which is good. I expect Spe to go ham on her future races and become good enough to run against Suzuka when she's recovered.
May 13, 2018 10:39 AM

Mar 2016
Morale of this episode:
If your head ain't in it, you won't win it
May 13, 2018 10:50 AM

Oct 2014
Time skip.
And thus gone our chance for some real, serious drama on Suzuka.
RIP.

Well I'll still be enjoying this show (since spring is mostly dead, anyway)
but it's just sad that there was a chance for some serious deep tragedy drama and this anime didn't take it.
May 13, 2018 10:58 AM

Mar 2018
Hotpot party with all Spica girls is quite warm-hearted scene.

It's good to see Spe taking care Suzuka very well. But this also mean she didn't care much about other, especially Grass Wonder. Spe losing her focus and that that is a result for this race.

Spe lost 3 times in a row. And yet again by same stump, I don't want her to cry there again.
Glasses girls is the best girls.
May 13, 2018 11:11 AM

Nov 2016
Spe-chan just forgot the most important thing,but I guess losing your actual objective is something most athletes go through.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 13, 2018 11:23 AM

Apr 2015
I'm pretty sure the only reason I'm still watching this show is to play "spot the horse bellies".

"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
May 13, 2018 11:43 AM

Dec 2017
ugh, that drama was a bit forced tbh. and grass wonder pulls up some dbz super power up and wins, good for her
May 13, 2018 12:03 PM

Sep 2015
Nice flag to start a sequence of victories !
Spe deserved the defeat this time, she forgot completely about her adversaries.
May 13, 2018 12:20 PM

Aug 2012
I get the feeling we will see some more drama regarding Suzuka before this ends.
May 13, 2018 1:14 PM

Apr 2015
It's good to see the girl in their normal clothes for once instead of their school uniform.

So we have a time skip of 9 months.

Spe-chan worries too much about Suzuka, while losing focus on herself. She had this loss coming.

That blue aura on Grass Wonder though.
May 13, 2018 1:20 PM

Sep 2016
Grass Wonder Blanco is way too strong!
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
May 13, 2018 2:28 PM

Feb 2014
For one thing, I'm glad that Suzuka is making a good recovery from her injuries and seeing her being able to train again with the other girls of Spica is really nice to see.

Sadly, Special Week's form as of late has been pretty worrying. Grass Wonder was really looking forward to going all out against Special Week, but seeing that Special Week was too focused on Suzuka this and Suzuka that, she had to win to make a VERY valid point about Special Week.

I won't deny that it hurts to see Special Week in this slump, but the criticism from Grass Wonder is spot on. Trainer was able to make Special Week remember about her promise to her mother and declares that she'll win ALL of her remaining races. That might sound a bit abusrd at first, but since it's been a while since we last saw her win a race at all, I think it's about time she tasted success again, and maybe give Grass Wonder a race she deserves too. =)

The only way is up for Special Week now, hopefully. ^_^
May 13, 2018 2:46 PM

Dec 2016
Another big win for El Condor Pasa, she is a really good race horse.

It's a good thing that Special Week lost, she was so obsessed with Suzuka throughout this episode and forgot what was important to her, Grass could clearly see this.

Good thing her trainer was able to point all this out at the end there, Spe now has her head back in the game and can focus properly again.

Looking forward to seeing Suzuka race again.
May 13, 2018 4:55 PM

May 2015
Special Week lost sight of her true goal for a moment. Good thing she realized that before it would've fully affected her. It's also great to see Silence Suzuka slowly recovering.

As usual, great episode.

May 13, 2018 6:56 PM

Apr 2011
Dammit, Spe-chan! Pull yourself together! It was hard to see her losing two times already. Its disappointing.

Glad to see Suzuka recovering. I'm a bit worried she might go over the top again.

But I'm more worried about Spe-chan. She better make a good comeback next episode.
May 13, 2018 7:24 PM
Jul 2018
Special Week needs to pick it up, she's trailing behind now, she forgot her goal it seems..
May 13, 2018 7:26 PM

Mar 2014
i didnt notice theres actually a yandere lesbian
May 13, 2018 7:54 PM

Nov 2013
Special Week was occupying her mind only in Suzuku 'Suzuku this, Suzuku here ,Suzuku that ,Suzuku,Suzuku' And leaving aside her main objective .At least the coach know how to say the right word for Spe-chan to woke up
May 13, 2018 8:46 PM

Jan 2011
really good episode glad Grass Wonder has grown in these 9 months normally characters like her don't really grow and end up being the less talented and overshadowed but she was the first to "awaken"! look at all the blue aura!.

spec had a different defeat today and needed a wake up call due to her mind only being cornered about others

apart of me is still worried about what they will do with Suzuku but glad shes doing better
May 13, 2018 9:50 PM
Jan 2015
Spe-chan's obsession with Suzuka went from cute to cringe real quick. I know she's your idol, but c'mon you also need to worry about yourself and your competition. Taking this hard L will get her back on track. Glad Suzuka is on her way to recovery, really hope she comes back better and faster than she was before. Anything less than that will make me really bitter.
My Queens

May 14, 2018 3:33 AM

Jan 2013
Hehe Spe-chan goal is to lose always XD
May 14, 2018 3:41 AM

Oct 2007
Spe-chan get another loss. Well, she lost focus.. so the loss was deserved. Good thing Suzuka is not getting annoyed with Spe being all over like that - they are even roommates so I'm sure Spe-chan must be all over her even off- screen. Gold Ship even had to point out that it's already annoying.

A little worried about Suzuka since she seems to be doing night practice. Hoping that her injury will heal and not get worse.
May 14, 2018 5:03 AM

Aug 2014
CatSoul said:
I'm pretty sure the only reason I'm still watching this show is to play "spot the horse bellies".

The staff member with belly stuffing fetish isn't slacking off at all, huh. Always some eye candy in the background.
May 14, 2018 6:02 AM
Jan 2017
as soon as I saw Grass Wonder start to go Ultra I had a feeling Spe-chan was going to lose.
May 14, 2018 8:01 AM

Apr 2012
-Mahesvara said:
Spe-chan's obsession with Suzuka went from cute to cringe real quick. I know she's your idol, but c'mon you also need to worry about yourself and your competition. Taking this hard L will get her back on track. Glad Suzuka is on her way to recovery, really hope she comes back better and faster than she was before. Anything less than that will make me really bitter.

ButtSlapper said:

Clemance said:
Special Week was occupying her mind only in Suzuku 'Suzuku this, Suzuku here ,Suzuku that ,Suzuku,Suzuku' And leaving aside her main objective .At least the coach know how to say the right word for Spe-chan to woke up

Well, if the show was not generally harmless in terms of ship tease, then I would already start to suspect that the show will end on Suzuku raped and killed by Spe-chan. In this episode, the poor girl is already so obsessed with her idol that it starts giving not yuri vibes, but something more dangerous.

May 14, 2018 12:41 PM
Mar 2016
Spe-chan's mind is always on Suzuka, at not on herself...geeez, that Yuri thing.

If Suzuka is a real horse, she would have been process as dog feed.
May 14, 2018 4:07 PM

May 2017
Did we really skip 9 months? I liked the episode but at the same time I really feel that time skip wasn't the best thing to do, even if everyone is the same.
May 14, 2018 5:49 PM

Jan 2013
Spe-chan deserved that loss tbh. Losing focus of what's really important. Hope she wins the other races
May 15, 2018 4:20 AM

Oct 2007
RobertBobert said:
-Mahesvara said:

ButtSlapper said:

Clemance said:

Well, if the show was not generally harmless in terms of ship tease, then I would already start to suspect that the show will end on Suzuku raped and killed by Spe-chan. In this episode, the poor girl is already so obsessed with her idol that it starts giving not yuri vibes, but something more dangerous.

Spe-chan is giving off Mirai Nikki vibes. Good thing it's just for one episode.
May 15, 2018 10:31 PM

Oct 2008
The main reason why Spe-chan lost against Grass Wonder is because she's thinking too much about Suzuka!
9 months rest!? that's too long! maybe Suzuka won't be that fast anymore...damn!
5/5.

May 16, 2018 4:28 AM

Jul 2015
Breezed right through the 9-motnh rehab bit. With lots of help from Special Week... a little too much help from Special Week... meanwhile Grass Wonder hit a whole new level of Horse Force, looking like she about to go Super Saiyen or something.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 16, 2018 6:36 PM

Apr 2018
Another great episode! Kind of sad Spe-chan did not win this race, but it taught her to keep her head in the game and to stay focus. Also, I am glad Suzuka is better. Can't wait to see the next episode!
May 18, 2018 7:11 AM

Jul 2016
Spe is so focused on Suzuka that she's not concentrating on her own races and training. It happens when you have something bid on your mind, but she needs to cut it back a little. Spica got to have to have fun together as a whole for New Years, though. The trainer was shocked as always about prices and complaining about the preparation he signed up for. The girls abusing him is pretty cliche, but it's too good to not be included. Spe got 2nd place in her race, at least, so she didn't lose all her composure.

May 19, 2018 2:20 PM

Sep 2017
I think I may end up renaming this series Yuri on Grass, but not necessarily in a bad way. It's still very entertaining

That last scene seemed a bit like Silence has deciding to try and distance herself from Spe after watching the race and seeing that her focus was off. Maybe some drama coming up in that respect
Aug 8, 2018 5:00 PM

May 2012
Well that was quite a sad ending, but I do think Special Week has learned something from it. Good episode and well I do wonder what's next.
Jun 26, 2020 8:55 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Suzuka can run again :D the ending was sad though.
Sep 5, 2020 10:39 PM

Jul 2008
Crazy that this episode skipped over like 9 months of rehabilitation XD Shouldn't some characters have graduated...?

I never noticed until this episode that Suzuka wears some sort of coverings over her ears normally.
Dec 31, 2020 2:33 AM

Aug 2019
even though Spe obviously should of lost since she wasn’t focused in the race, I’m not quite sure why Grass took it so personally earlier in the episode when she saw how close Spe and Suzuka were unless I forgot the relationship Spe and Grass had before Spe joined Spica
Jan 5, 2021 5:42 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Lol. Its actually really took 9 months for Suzuka-chan to healed completely after getting a fracture from her last race. I thought, somehow, she healed fast and can be racing together with Spe-chan at those same year. But, its looks like they took the normal route. Anyway, She really missed many races, even missed a chance to go abroad. Passa obviously took the slot and currently already in the other people country and a strange races. At the end, her healthy should be the priority over anything else.

Meanwhile, look at Spe-chan. She lost her idealism. I think its still natural as how she was the biggest fan of Suzuka-chan. Spe-chan caring her so much until forgetting the first deal. Incosistency. Underperform. She just wanted to be together with Suzuka-chan, forever. Its cost her a lot, forgetting her first dream ever, in the process. As the latest race reached her, and met Grass Wonder effort to beaten her, slowly she regain her reality. Ah, Spe-chan, she was always late to heat. In the other side, Suzuka-chan slowly got her own conclusion, forcing herself to surpass her limit, once again. Lets see next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Feb 15, 2021 2:16 PM

Feb 2020
Special Week should pay focus on herself instead of Suzuka.

SerafosDec 20, 2023 7:21 AM
May 5, 2021 7:56 AM

Jan 2017
Seems like Spe-chan didn't get her priorities straight, good on Grass for giving her a wake-up call
May 10, 2022 5:06 PM

May 2016
lol we not gonna talk about that 9 months and she isn't fully healed? uh what? I'm pretty sure fracturs don't last that long let alone keep you in a cast for almost a year...
Apr 23, 12:17 AM

Aug 2019
makes sense that she'd be worried about suzuka but she is already fine so why think about it still?
also howd she not run for 9 months because of a fracture?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

32 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 24, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 12 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

11 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 24, 10:16 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

10 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 24, 9:52 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - May 27, 2018

23 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 23, 5:22 AM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2018

55 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 23, 12:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.