Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 10, 2017 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, the death game that pits once again does its characters with its style. I feel like this episode has more psychology than the previous episode though.

Rooster girl Niwatori gets a lot of screen time this week. For some reason, I kinda like that Dotsuku guy. He seems calculating and seems like an intelligent character. Not sure how I feel about the the monkey girl and rat guy yet though. The woman from the previous episode isn't in a good condition as before anymore. Too bad about the dog guy though...

ED theme song is kinda catchy.
Stark700Oct 10, 2017 8:55 AM
Oct 10, 2017 9:02 AM
May 2015
That ending though with Niwatori being the one to turn against Dotsuku, that was good. I wonder what the mystery behind Nezumi is!? He's a kid so how would they have seen him before, maybe he's older than he looks or they saw someone related to him. It would be interesting to see how Boar fights now that she is undead.
Oct 10, 2017 9:03 AM
Mar 2017
Well i love that insta karma think, and none looks as they are so that give us some mistery about their real intetions.
Oct 10, 2017 9:05 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Well it's 100% confirmed now....Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh RIP Boar, even though what you did to your sister was fucked up, I still fucked with you heavy

As for the episode, we got to see more of the others characters as well as a glimpse into how some of them think which was nice to see....Also, I was kinda surprised to see that other people were thinking of getting in alliances too

But man, Dog fucked up big time lol, the second I saw Chicken (My sign lol) find him, I knew that someway somehow she was going to end this man....You can't be cocky in this series dude, if you are you're screwed xDD

Good episode overall though, and I'm very curious to see what Chicken is gonna do with all this amped up power as well as to see what will come from the Ox (I'm impressed with him and Monkey most of all) and Horse confrontation

And I feel like Rat is gonna lowkey win this entire thing lol
Oct 10, 2017 9:18 AM

Dec 2015
Wow that was fucking disappointing. First Boar, now Dog, do they seriously plan on killing the characters in shitty ways like these two?
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 10, 2017 9:21 AM
Oct 2017
I was expecting Niwatori to finish off Dotsuku, but was surprised she did it just by using her bare hand.
Still really curious about Nezumi, could he have some form of powers that toy with people's minds.
Next episode's title kinda gave away the next two victims.
Oct 10, 2017 9:22 AM

Jun 2015
So far no real fighting.

Disappointed about dog man.
Oct 10, 2017 9:27 AM

Jun 2015
lol Chicken killed Dog. I knew that was going to happen. He shouldn't have gave her that power up. I kinda liked him though. It's a shame he's dead. Maybe. I wonder what Chicken is going to do now.
Oct 10, 2017 9:34 AM

Nov 2016
Lol,it was so obvious that Niwatori would kill off Dog.

Episode was rather slow and focussing on tactics and build up.

Looking forward to see Niwatoris special move.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 10, 2017 9:42 AM
May 2014
Was allright, but as already said let's see what happens to chicken. Sounds like she'll die according to the next episodes title, but who knows.
Spoiler tag contains no spoiler to the show, it's a related image to this episode.
MetahOct 10, 2017 12:00 PM
Oct 10, 2017 9:43 AM

May 2016
Yes Niwatori, was so happy when that happened but the title of the next episode suggests
Oct 10, 2017 9:45 AM

Nov 2011
Talking about anticlimactic death >_>

FMmatron said:
Lol,it was so obvious that Niwatori would kill off Dog.

I know right?
Oct 10, 2017 9:45 AM

May 2017
The opening is fucking good,
Again a good episode, I think the real game will begin from the next episode.
This really looks promising.
I think 3 more warriors will be killed in a "dissatisfied" way,
Snake, horse and chicken. The remaining ones will be the main fighters.
It seems like a good 9/10 SHOW IF there is no preaching like some other death game/battle Royal shows.
This is the show I was looking for.
CLAP YOUR HANDS!!
Oct 10, 2017 9:56 AM
Jul 2015
Can anyone explain the order? I do not really get it since Snake died first.
Oct 10, 2017 9:57 AM

Jul 2016
Chicken was pretty suspicious the whole time. She wouldn't be in the game in the first place if she were as stupid as she pretended to be in front of Dog. Idk how he didn't catch on to that.

And I really hope Rabbit dies soon so I don't have to look at that awful design anymore.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2017 10:01 AM
Apr 2016
Was obvious the one scheming would fall into his own trap.
But man this is extremely great. Monkey seems to be decent, and I hope Ox, according to the opening sequence (which is lit), will become the guiding beacon and join hands with Monkey. Nezumi is a wild card, it seems, no colour so far... the rest seemingly goes bad.
Re:formed
Oct 10, 2017 10:06 AM

Dec 2014
ok that was something you never know who is going to be killed.... there were 12 now 9 are left
Oct 10, 2017 10:27 AM

Aug 2013
The show is honestly way too predictable at the moment, they are just killing whoever we follow during the episode.

Oct 10, 2017 10:29 AM

May 2017
Squidster said:
Chicken was pretty suspicious the whole time. She wouldn't be in the game in the first place if she were as stupid as she pretended to be in front of Dog. Idk how he didn't catch on to that.

And I really hope Rabbit dies soon so I don't have to look at that awful design anymore.

Rabbit will probably be in the last 4, along with ox, monkey and rat I guess.
I actually like the character design of all the warriors.
Oct 10, 2017 10:34 AM
Apr 2016
Hagorama said:
Squidster said:

Rabbit will probably be in the last 4, along with ox, monkey and rat I guess.
I actually like the character design of all the warriors.

Yes, it is how it is supposed to be according to me. Whatsmore, they do not even have to die, they might as well crush the system of "Juuni Taisen" instead of fulfilling their cruel objective. Or outplay the vile oldman, but it certainly will not end in all or all but one dying.
Oct 10, 2017 10:48 AM

Jan 2017
Boar is dead :(
But chicken is great :)
(if chiken dies in the next ep because the order of the zodiacas I will get fucking pissed up )

This ep was great this may be my aots

but it is getting kinda predictable (even tho the way they die with isn't ) I am waiting for some unpredictable twist

AkerakaaaaiOct 10, 2017 10:52 AM
Oct 10, 2017 10:55 AM

Apr 2016
Chicken kill a dog , LOL
I hope ox and horse will team up , horse seems like nice guy
BRAWLERS
Oct 10, 2017 10:57 AM

May 2009
Metah said:
Was allright, but as already said let's see what happens to chicken. Sounds like she'll die according to the next episodes title, but who knows.

This episode featured this one as well. :p
Oct 10, 2017 10:59 AM

Jul 2013
It was obvious Dog was going to die. Like Boar, he was too overconfident and Chicken seemed too stupid for someone who was participating in a battle royale, it was obvious she wasn't going to be that dumb. She probably knew about his abilities and was waiting the moment he would dope her to finish him. Overall it's a pity, since Dog seemed like a badass.
Also, Ox is receiving a lot of hype, I'm before someone defeats him off-screen and later that character appears telling the viewers how awesome the fight was.

VanishingKira said:
Seems they are following the order which means
I think the same. The title doesn't helps either. Kinda sad,
IllyricusOct 10, 2017 11:09 AM
Oct 10, 2017 11:00 AM

Feb 2014
That's when the Dog knew he messed up big time!!!
What an idiot to get the tables turned on him.
VanishingKira said:
Seems they are following the order which means

Tokoya said:
Well it's 100% confirmed now....Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh RIP Boar, even though what you did to your sister was fucked up, I still fucked with you heavy

As for the episode, we got to see more of the others characters as well as a glimpse into how some of them think which was nice to see....Also, I was kinda surprised to see that other people were thinking of getting in alliances too

But man, Dog fucked up big time lol, the second I saw Chicken (My sign lol) find him, I knew that someway somehow she was going to end this man....You can't be cocky in this series dude, if you are you're screwed xDD

Good episode overall though, and I'm very curious to see what Chicken is gonna do with all this amped up power as well as to see what will come from the Ox (I'm impressed with him and Monkey most of all) and Horse confrontation

And I feel like Rat is gonna lowkey win this entire thing lol

Oh Boar is dead for sure now. No miracles, I guess?

And Rat's definitely gonna end up a big time winner for sure. (Afterall its my sign)XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 10, 2017 11:13 AM

May 2010
Lmao Dotsuku had it coming, he was looking down way too much at Niwatori. I was beginning to root for Niwatori but I think she will be down soon. I have a feeling it's going to be rabbit vs mouse at the end for some reason. Monkey seems OP as well but will probaby die third last or 4th. There's Ox as well. Others seem like fodder. I still have my hopes for Chicken but let's see. The episode titles seem faithful at hinting who dies so far, but I wonder if we really should trust them too much.
TragicRomanceOct 10, 2017 11:18 AM
Oct 10, 2017 11:16 AM

Feb 2016
well that was a good episode, I liked how they were giving screen time and expanded the "world building" towards the characters in order to know how they think and how they act. Even if Dog's death was predictable, we all know eventually most of them are going to die... I believe that the gullible ones are going to die first and then we might have good battles in the end (hopefully)
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 10, 2017 11:22 AM

Dec 2013
Ox had been hyped to be a very strong warrior but if the combat power is determined by the rankings of the Chinese zodiac, then Rat might be the strongest among all.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Oct 10, 2017 11:24 AM

Oct 2013
Hagorama said:
It seems like a good 9/10 SHOW IF there is no preaching like some other death game/battle Royal shows.
CLAP YOUR HANDS!!

Absolutely agree with you about the preaching part. If they try to get cheap sympathy or pull some moral lesson out of their ass with some long winded bullshit, it's going to kill the vibe of the show. I'm loving how ruthless these fighters are.

Surprisingly enough I did enjoy that backstory for Boar though, and backstories/flashbacks are usually where these shows fuck up big time. It felt like it was serving to show how powerful and badass she was rather than to get the viewer to sympathize with her. Killing her off right away was like a sick joke, but in a good way.
ghoulcustomerOct 10, 2017 11:27 AM
Oct 10, 2017 11:35 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Narrator again offed in the same episode. If this is a trend, i'll be somewhat disappointed.

But holy shit, that was crazy how Chicken did that. I can't tell if she did that intentionally or not.

Horse is great, he seems too nice for this type of killing game and now Ox is on his shit!

Still betting on Rat to win the game after two episodes.
Oct 10, 2017 11:38 AM
Apr 2016
ghoulcustomer said:
Hagorama said:
CLAP YOUR HANDS!!

Absolutely agree with you about the preaching part. If they try to get cheap sympathy or pull some moral lesson out of their ass with some long winded bullshit, it's going to kill the vibe of the show. I'm loving how ruthless these fighters are.

Surprisingly enough I did enjoy that backstory for Boar though, and backstories/flashbacks are usually where these shows fuck up big time. It felt like it was serving to show how powerful and badass she was rather than to get the viewer to sympathize with her. Killing her off right away was like a sick joke, but in a good way.

Well then brace yourself due to morality lessons incoming from the Monkey and Ox. It is, after all, hinted all over the place.
Oct 10, 2017 11:41 AM
Apr 2011
CZPsycho said:
Can anyone explain the order? I do not really get it since Snake died first.
Yes, maybe the chicken will die in the next (by Ox I guess), but I think the ed's order doesn't exist considering the first killed.
Poor dog and now I feel pity for horse.
VLjosOct 10, 2017 11:45 AM
Oct 10, 2017 11:53 AM
Aug 2017
Bad dog. I thought he would be one of the last ones to go out.
Oct 10, 2017 11:54 AM

Jul 2013
this episode was make-or-break time since i couldn't decide from episode 1 if this was worth sticking with or not. but this episode was good. not great, but pretty good.

i really don't want chicken to die :( so i'm hoping that the preview is trollbait and we'll actually get a twist where ox calms her down or whatever and makes her his ally
Oct 10, 2017 11:57 AM

Jan 2008
It's not often you find a show where the exposition isn't boring as hell. Rather enjoying this.
Oct 10, 2017 12:01 PM

Jun 2014
Well i was hoping Boar wasn't actually killed and turned into a mindless zombie but i guess that would defeat the purpose of a show where everyone is trying to kill each other. No room for fakeout deaths here.

No action this time around but there was a lot of strategy and planning involved, particularly with Dog. He seemed really cool so it sucks to see him die so early. Chicken certainly caught him off guard, so i guess that's his own fault for arrogantly assuming everything would go according to plan. Hopefully the remaining deaths aren't as lame as Boar's and Dog's.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 10, 2017 12:05 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Paul said:
It's not often you find a show where the exposition isn't boring as hell. Rather enjoying this.

Yup. This show does it really well, mixing exposition with onscreen action very well. It also helps that the characters are not talking in monotone all the time.

very enjoyable watch.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 10, 2017 12:06 PM
Jul 2018
Did Dog just dig his own grave? Haha, another ridiculous death.
Want to see more of Ox and Horse.
Oct 10, 2017 12:06 PM
Aug 2014
I am still banking on the cat coming in and killing everyone
Oct 10, 2017 12:19 PM

Aug 2013
The moment Dog started acting all cocky I knew he was going to die. Guess the rule of this show is whoever acts too confident dies. And the way Niwatori killed him off, acting all innocently had me laughing.

The horse seems like a nice guy and I don't want Ox to kill him.

Oct 10, 2017 12:22 PM

Sep 2015
Maybe Chicken was faking her cluelessness?
Oct 10, 2017 12:24 PM

Jul 2014
I was waiting for Chicken's betrayal but I didn't expect the dog to be so stupid xD.........Niwatori is adorable (at least for now).
SkyLETVOct 10, 2017 12:36 PM
Oct 10, 2017 12:29 PM
Apr 2016
So far we have seen Ox penetrate the defenses of Horse and throw him off balance. Maybe he is testing him, hm. Ox is the local great guy, he will do no evil.
Oct 10, 2017 12:35 PM

Jan 2009
lol the Dog died fast too from a weak Chicken, looks like each episode there will be at least 1 death

its nice of them to reveal the ability of the dead Boar though and it was no-reload
Oct 10, 2017 12:42 PM

Jul 2009
So boar girl really did die. Next the dog. Seems like the moment u get a flashback of their past they die. If it happens like that again it really will be the tell-tale sign. But yo why did the dog really underestimate the Chicken like that? C'mon, be more on guard. That was just sad.

Tiger is gonna die quick too, going for liquor? Seriously? And the dragon, cuz he's too cocky. Same with grandpa sheep.

I think rat will stick around long. You'd think the monkey would too but then if they wanna go for shock factor she'll die quick too.

derprume said:
I am still banking on the cat coming in and killing everyone

Right? Kyo's on his way xD
Oct 10, 2017 12:50 PM
Feb 2009
isekai said:
l
its nice of them to reveal the ability of the dead Boar though and it was no-reload

It was already revealed at the end of the first episode.
When Boar is facing Rabit and she is visualizing the fight, she says :

"Bluff, pretending I'm out of bullets. He presses in for the kill. I use the infinite fire of non-reload to finish him".

Oct 10, 2017 12:51 PM

Jul 2014
aw man, I liked Dog a lot. Rooting for him :(

And I don't want Horse to die, I really hope doesnt die :(
Oct 10, 2017 12:52 PM
Nov 2016
I knew that the rooster girl would kill the dog guy right when the dog guy underestimated her. That's how it generally works in this anime.

The monkey might seem weak but seems like she is very powerful and the Ox just seems like the most powerful one of them all. Not enough info about the rat tho
Sep 2017
This show should be subtitled "Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer".
Illyricus said:

Also, Ox is receiving a lot of hype, I'm before someone defeats him off-screen and later that character appears telling the viewers how awesome the fight was.

Lol, I don't know if it would be a scumbag or a genius thing for Nisio Isin to do that... again.

I'm expecting that the twist is that there is no twist - characters just continue to die in a blatantly telegraphed order and the only thing we are supposed to do is enjoy how everyone who thinks they are tough shit gets unceremoniously slaughtered.

Jan 2009
Rukodaime said:
isekai said:

It was already revealed at the end of the first episode.
When Boar is facing Rabit and she is visualizing the fight, she says :

"Bluff, pretending I'm out of bullets. He presses in for the kill. I use the infinite fire of non-reload to finish him".

ah i forgot about that then
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Should I avoid watching the ED until after I've finished the series?

Jax - Jan 22

4 by StarlightShiba »»
Jan 31, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

211 by Stuntdrath »»
Dec 27, 2023 5:04 PM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2017

197 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 7:28 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2017

112 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 6:41 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2017

293 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 5:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.