Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2017 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, they're not really shy to feature violence in this show.
There's some obvious fan service as well with characters like Inounoshishi.

They introduced the core purpose of the show and key players already. Inounoshishi seems like someone with a disturbing personality though. Idk how to feel about this show so far tbh...and seems like she's not the only one that has a dark personality. Going to give this anime a few more episodes to see where it goes.

Stark700Oct 3, 2017 10:01 AM
Oct 3, 2017 8:58 AM

May 2016
Stupid idea to
because of how anticlimactic it is, other than that I enjoyed the first episode, animation was smooth, I enjoyed the setup and I can't wait to see where it goes from now.
Oct 3, 2017 9:06 AM
Nov 2016
I didn't expect the woman to die so quickly but the episode was pretty good. The action was great and the animation seemed to be flowing in a smooth manner.

This reminds me of the Fate Series, what with the tournament setting and the magical elements.
Oct 3, 2017 9:08 AM

Mar 2016
omG i really like all the voice acting, the cast is really good.

the setup was nice and the characters seem interesting (i liked the boar and didn't expect that ending to happen so early on (BUT damn with her sister wth, she legit broke her bc she was jealous she wasnt chosen omg)). i'm excited to see where this goes

Komagome123 said:
How can I watch episode 1?

first episode is out on crunchyroll
Oct 3, 2017 9:11 AM

Oct 2008
Didn't expect the Boar to die, quite liked her ...
Oct 3, 2017 9:15 AM

Jun 2007
Battle Royale type setting, I can get on board with that!
I do enjoy some over the top violence.
So far so good! I hope it gets better on from here onward.
Oct 3, 2017 9:23 AM

Apr 2016
With that referee and warriors setting it sure reminds me of Fate, and man, they really are not holding back when it comes to show violence. Looking foward to upcoming episodes.
Oct 3, 2017 9:28 AM
Mar 2016
Pretty good stuff so far. Edgy, but rather preferable to other shows. The actions scenes were top notch from an animation point of view, and from a martial art standpoint as well. Over-the-top, why yes, but certainly fluid and collected. You don't see that often nowadays.

It's pretty obvious Boar won't die yet. Otherwise it would have been completely pointless all the build-up on the misshandling of her sister and brainwashing her into a killing machine. Nor did her sister suicide as suggested.

Jun 2012
Battle Royale, over the top characters, and lots of action and gore. Not sure if it's gonna be very good, but I am sure it's gonna be very entertaining, and that's all I care about. Definitely sticking with this one for now.

Really love the character design on the dog as well. All characters look visually interesting, which is a big plus for me.
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ooh, this was one good start. Fluid, greatly choreographed combat sequences with quality animation. Yes the premise has been done before, but who cares..this looks cool as hell

The best thing. NO self insert shounen protagonist! Lets see if they keep it up.

Even if Boar dies, we already know that Rabbit is a necromancer so he'll just revive her anyway.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 3, 2017 9:30 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
THE MOTHER OF ALL EDGE!

It's fucking entertaining.

That twist was godtier, i didn't see this shit coming.

Artstyle reminds me of Granblue Fantasy, really cool style and animation was very good.

This is already a contender for AOTS for me, love me some EEEEEEEEDGE!
Oct 3, 2017 9:30 AM
Aug 2013
Things went a little quick but I guess they wanted to get to the action soon. Oh well, I'm rooting for bird girl anyways.
Oct 3, 2017 9:42 AM

Jul 2015
Well, that was definitely a good first episode to me, the action scenes and the crazy backstory were neat, looking forward for more.
Oct 3, 2017 9:44 AM
Dec 2016
Oh yeah, that Boar death was unexpected. Nevertheless, liking the action especially of it. Interested where it goes.
Oct 3, 2017 9:49 AM

Aug 2016
Well that looked pretty promising.

Nice premise (Good old battle royal), action sequences looked good, some interesting looking characters (not a big fan of the "Everyone looks like the animal they represent" thingy but hey), over the top violence, I'm in.
GreeenSpongeOct 3, 2017 9:54 AM
Oct 3, 2017 9:51 AM
Jul 2017
some of the character designs are a little humorous, but overall it was the first new anime this season i had an easy time finishing bc it was definitely entertaining

i heard someone else mention that each episode is going to focus on a different character, which if it has 12 episodes will make sense and is a fairly unique approach i'm quite interested in seeing play out

i can already guess no one is going to win though - we'll for sure have a plot twist in the end, just not sure what probably everyone dies or more than one person wins
Oct 3, 2017 9:56 AM

Dec 2015
Things like characters dying soon is to be expected, especially from battle royale anime like this one. But killing a character after you've basically dedicated the entire first episode to them is like shitting in my lunch after I've tasted and liked it. Fuck you to whoever thought putting this into the anime would be a good idea.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 3, 2017 10:01 AM

Jun 2015
This was a good first episode. I like the over-the-top action. The battle royale setting is pretty cool. All of the characters look interesting. Looking forward to see what they are capable of. I didn't expect one of them to die so soon.
Oct 3, 2017 10:08 AM

Dec 2013
I WAS NOT READY FOR THIS.

I read the description when there was like, almost no description. Only something about 12 zodiac.

I was highly entertained and I probably would've been mad if she actually did slay the bunny (it ain't christmas yet). Though to finish her off first was also a cliché.

So... Now I have to wait a week again gdi.

Oct 3, 2017 10:12 AM
Jul 2018
Fruits Basket gone wrong.

I was thinking "it would be interesting if the Boar died" then it just happened. x) I wonder how this is going to end. And I wonder if each episode is going to focus on one character...
removed-userOct 3, 2017 10:15 AM
Oct 3, 2017 10:15 AM

Jul 2007
Okay this is already better than Recreators in every possible way and action is hella decent and it manages to be a better Fate than Recreators did.

I'm in.
Oct 3, 2017 10:20 AM

Feb 2016
I would have been surprised if the Boar didn't die this episode. She was way to overconfident. Loved the action and looking forward to how they'll handle her resurrection.
Oct 3, 2017 10:25 AM

Jan 2008
What a nice start. The action animation is pretty smooth too, hope they keep that up.

Wonder if they'll do everyone's backstory like they did Boar's.
Oct 3, 2017 10:27 AM

Sep 2017
When she got stabbed I was like --> O_O
it's nice to be shocked by an anime nowdays, great hopes for this one
Oct 3, 2017 10:31 AM

Jul 2014
Fantastic episode it looks promising

Oct 3, 2017 10:36 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lymus said:
Didn't expect the Boar to die, quite liked her ...
Same, I was salty af by that....I loved this regardless though
Oct 3, 2017 10:37 AM
May 2015
I really liked Boar but I knew she was going to die, at least Usagi is a necromancer so he'll just bring her back. I'm definitely looking forward to how that turns out.
Is it weird that I think that Usagi is adorable? Yes. I really like him though.
Oct 3, 2017 10:37 AM

Nov 2011
In the PV it turned out that the graphics quality was high, the expectations were not missed, but the narrative did not convince me completely: why kill the girl who was so talked about so much now? On the one hand he gave him characterization, but he also took time to talk better about the tournament. But I'm hesitant, but I want to give it an opportunity for now.
Oct 3, 2017 10:38 AM

Aug 2017
firstly, that's one hell of a family lmao i felt so bad for the little sister

i actually really enjoyed this first episode, the camera work was really good at times, the OST gave me chills

I don't know if the the girl is gonna die though? we'll see, either way, i'm already excited for the next episode
helltheyOct 3, 2017 11:17 AM
Oct 3, 2017 10:38 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Glad to see that i wasnt disappointed by the hype i got for it. Sure, the battle royal type of story is done to death (heh) but when its done right, its always entertaining, and it seems like that it could be more entertaining than F/SN (Now being better than F/Z thats another story, we will see where it goes.)

Also, the OP (which was at the end this time) was dope

DatRandomDudeOct 3, 2017 10:41 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 3, 2017 10:41 AM
Aug 2010
2edgy4me. Will watch the next episode and might watch or drop it according to the number of series that are watchable this season.
Oct 3, 2017 10:43 AM

Mar 2014
This was quite entertaining but I didn't really expect that ending O_o I like the battle royale theme though, so I'm interested to see where this will go.
Oct 3, 2017 10:49 AM

May 2015
The show has been well worth the wait. The production quality is quite high.
Oct 3, 2017 10:50 AM
Jul 2010
Go Shiina's music and well animated action, that's why i am here.

Other than that, this was a mess. Boar's backstory about her sister felt stupid. What wish her father had, wasn't revealed either. Final confrontation was too quick and necromancy, seriously? I want brutal bloody battle royal with all sorts of weapons, not some nonsense with necromancers and other kinds of magic (?). That's a bit disappointing.
Oct 3, 2017 11:03 AM

Jul 2013
It was very enjoyable. It didn't felt slow, the battles are good and the series looks like a great popcorn spectacle, so I don't have any complaint. Also, for being a NisiOisiN work, it had too few dialogues.

People said they didn't expected Boar's death, but I was sure she was going to kick the bucket as soon as she was revealed to be the narrator of the episode. This is a battle royale, so you never know who is going to die, and I had the feeling she was too confident for her own good. About Boar herself, well, she was hot, but also a bitch, so...
Rabbit too OP, btw, a necromancer with a good ability to fight seems pretty strong. Of course, we haven't see yet the abilities of the rest of the zodiacs, but still. He is pretty funny and clever, and his design is really hilarious, so I won't mind if he ends winning, though.

I have the feeling each episode are going to follow one of the zodiacs, and I won't be surprised if they end dying at the end just like boar (hell, one of them already died before the event started, even his own brother didn't gave a fuck about him).

After Black Clover's mediocrity, this has been a better start of the season.
Oct 3, 2017 11:15 AM
Dec 2016
I really liked the boar but because it's written by Nisio Isin the ending isn't really to big of a suprise.
Oct 3, 2017 11:16 AM

Nov 2009
Got bored very quickly with the Boar's inner monologue, hope she is dead.
Oct 3, 2017 11:20 AM

Jan 2014
Thing with boar is that her backstory felt like it could have been expanded. I have this same feeling for the rest of the cast too. I know it's a FFA but I can't feel for these characters exactly. Especially if they aren't long for the world. It's only the first ep so it's very possible she isn't some soulless zombie. But I also didn't like how dumb her sister felt to be tricked to becoming a psycho. Beside that I like her character and personality.
Oct 3, 2017 11:23 AM
Apr 2016
Wooow well yours faithful servant is thrilled. So the Ending Sequence indicates those who are consumed by the Usagi's necromancy, those insane or vile and those with blue heroic eyes! Ox and the pacifists will prevail, without a doubt.
Re:formed
Oct 3, 2017 11:31 AM
Oct 2014
This is actually pretty cool. I mean, the actions are good and some of the voice acting shows clear efforts being put into. There is a fake protagonist in this episode, so I wonder who the real main character will be.
Oct 3, 2017 11:42 AM

Jun 2014
Pretty interesting start imo. The episode explained the basics of what we need to know in a clear and concise manner, then wasted no time jumping into the action (which was well animated, so hopefully things stay that way). I knew Boar's plan would backfire, but wow, to actually kill her off that quickly after dedicating pretty much the whole episode to her was unexpected. Then again she might be brought back since Usagi is a necromancer. This was one of the shows I've been looking forward to the most so I'm interested in seeing what happens from here.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 3, 2017 11:50 AM

Feb 2013
Fai said:
Okay this is already better than Recreators in every possible way and action is hella decent and it manages to be a better Fate than Recreators did.

I'm in.

In which universe was RE:C ever fatelike?
How is this fatelike? Not every battle royale is a Fate copy.
Oct 3, 2017 11:51 AM

Sep 2017
While the characters seem flat AF Boar's mental fight makes me hope that it will at least have some awesome fight scenes. Let's just hope it delivers on that front, because the rest seem pretty weak to me TBH.
Oct 3, 2017 11:58 AM

Aug 2013
After having most of the episode focused on Boar, they went and killed her off. Damn. I feel bad for her sister. She broke her mentally.

I'm interested in that rabbit necromancer guy.

Oct 3, 2017 12:06 PM

Nov 2016
An original story, really interesting characters and top-notch animation. It looks trully promising. The ending was cool too with good music.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 3, 2017 12:17 PM

Nov 2008
FINALLY, an interesting anime! Can't wait for next week.
Oct 3, 2017 12:21 PM

Dec 2008
Good riddance to Boar honestly.

I liked her when she wasn't a grade A jealous bitch who manipulated her sister to kill herself. She was waifu material when she wasn't insane.

I like the crazy rabbit guy though. He and the Ox seem most interesting. Hopefully it doesn't turn to shit.
Oct 3, 2017 12:23 PM

Dec 2014
ok wow I am hooked on this show...now who will be the victor
Oct 3, 2017 12:32 PM

Dec 2015
I actually liked that twist and I love the idea of them lulling us into this false sense of security by showing us her backstory. I'm kinda hoping for every zodiac to be featured as heavily in each episode. I really don't want her to still be alive
Oct 3, 2017 12:34 PM

Feb 2015
Well, it seems like this won't exactly be adapting the strongest of this author's works, but I think I'll have a good time with this one. If nothing else the bunny man is great.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Should I avoid watching the ED until after I've finished the series?

Jax - Jan 22

4 by StarlightShiba »»
Jan 31, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

211 by Stuntdrath »»
Dec 27, 2023 5:04 PM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2017

197 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 7:28 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2017

112 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 6:41 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2017

222 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 5:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.