Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2017 10:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, Naoto and Marie had a tense and imo awkward argument this episode.

At this point, I'm pretty underwhelmed by Naoto's character growth. He just seems to be there trying to do the right thing yet I'm not impressed by him. This episode gave a lot of screen time to him and Marie.

Well at least Anchor is still adorable while trying to bring some hope.
Jun 15, 2017 12:56 PM

Dec 2014
I'll be so sad if AnchoR doesn't make it through the next episode :(
Jun 15, 2017 1:06 PM

Jun 2015
Naoto can't hear the gears anymore. He gave a good talk to Marie, but she had to ruin it by beating him up. That was very annoying and stupid. At least they're working together by making new gears. The old guy has gone crazy. He's given up on humanity. I wonder if Anchor is going to make it.
Jun 15, 2017 1:25 PM

Feb 2015
The writing was a whole new level of awful this episode. Most of the dialogue was just gibberish. I don't know how I've made it this far to be honest.
Jun 15, 2017 1:53 PM

Jun 2016
This series has confused me more than ever. I still donw't know what's happening.

The only good thing about this episode was AnchoR giving RyuZu the bear. everything else was just bleugh. One more episode to go!

"It's gears being born." - Best quote of the series

Jun 15, 2017 2:07 PM

Sep 2013
Gears need all the parts to be in order to work so how is the supposed gear planet still functional, makes sense.

The real answer appears when you think and don't think at the same time.

Next level stuff.
ichii_1Jun 15, 2017 2:11 PM
Jun 15, 2017 2:17 PM

Dec 2014
I'm mostly with @Crashmatt regarding this series and it's writing.

The soundtrack this episode was really good though. 1 more episode left.
Jun 15, 2017 2:35 PM

Aug 2013
AnchoR self-destruct?? Noooooooooo!

Jun 15, 2017 3:50 PM

Dec 2016
ichii_1 said:
Gears need all the parts to be in order to work so how is the supposed gear planet still functional, makes sense.

Next level stuff.

This is so true, something that is too much isn't good.
Jun 15, 2017 3:58 PM
Mar 2015
Loved listening to Naoto spout gibberish Wonder if it made any sense in Japansese. Anchor is the cutest doomsday weapon ever
Jun 15, 2017 4:00 PM

Dec 2016
Oh my, the old dude just wasted all those people.

Not sure what Naoto was trying to explain to Marie but it obviously worked.

I like them working together like that creating those new gears and stuff.

I really hope AnchoR comes back alive.

Been an interesting series, only 1 more episode to go.
Jun 15, 2017 4:15 PM

Jan 2015
The plot is picking up. Another solid 2/10 episode. I hope AnchoR is terminated.
Jun 15, 2017 4:39 PM

Mar 2016
3/10. The part where Naoto gets beaten up is refreshing.
Jun 15, 2017 5:00 PM

May 2012
Up is down, left is right.
Dumb is smart.
I came back without even going.
My dick is big and small.
I am, but i'm not.
Feminism is good.
Think without thinking.
Touch the untouchable, Break the unbreakable...raw raw fight the power

Seriously? WTF was that dialogue between Naoto and Mary? C'mon that was way too dumb and made absolutely no sense.

ichii_1 said:

Next level stuff.

Too smart for us.

Crashmatt said:
The writing was a whole new level of awful this episode. Most of the dialogue was just gibberish. I don't know how I've made it this far to be honest.

Yeah i agree.
KaeUBWJun 16, 2017 2:34 PM
I despise woke people.
Jun 15, 2017 5:13 PM

May 2015
Oh yes, finale next week. About time.

Jun 15, 2017 5:21 PM

Apr 2011
Wow. That doesn't make any sense at all.

Still entertaining to watch though.
MagitoJun 15, 2017 9:37 PM
Jun 15, 2017 6:26 PM

Jan 2017
Ok so this entire world is somehow fake. There are ever so slight implications of this
a guY (see what i did there) rebuilt the world from cogs (i guess...) that's way more metal than physically possible
and when they (naoto and Marie) were repairing it they somehow created new cogs weird, huh!

did anyone else think that Naoto and marie seemed like they were dancing when they were enshrouded in that gold mist 😅😂

anchors a weirdo but she's the cute type

"right is left" 😶😐 this is the guy who you argue against but you realise you cant win against him
seriously what anime logic is this

i doubt by the end of this series Ill give it a high rating

i have a weird opinion, i for some reason, loved this episode (vote wise)
Jun 15, 2017 9:31 PM

Mar 2009
Looking forward to the end of this series next week. No idea why I watched it from beginning to end.
Jun 15, 2017 9:58 PM

Nov 2009
Kaetokiha said:
Up is down, left is right.
Dumb is smart.
I came back without even going.
My dick is big and small.
I am, but i'm not.
Feminism is good.
Think without thinking.
Touch the untouchable, Break the unbreakable...raw raw fight the power

Seriously? WTF was that dialogue between Naoto and Mary? C'mon that was way to dumb and made absolutely no sense.

Not making sense is the point.
Zen repairmanship.
Jun 15, 2017 10:25 PM

Nov 2016
well i thought this was a good anime until the last 5 or so minutes of this episode
Jun 15, 2017 11:01 PM

Oct 2011
So, this was pretty terrible. Does anyone know if all this episode's crap was actually in the ranobe or is this anime's "original creation"? Because it sure ass hell looks like one of those "we need to wrap anime up in the middle of an ark so let's just write whatever bullshit comes to mind and be done with it" that i keep seeing in half-assed manga/ranobe adaptations.
Jun 15, 2017 11:08 PM

Jan 2015
This is no time to give up, Marie. Because there's still one more episode for the conclusion, which means you have to bear for it for one more episode. And for now, let's learn some "common sense is a nonsense" directly from Naoto. >_<
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 16, 2017 12:39 AM

Mar 2016
Kinda pointless buildup episode considering very little info was added to the plot. I have almost no clue what the hell was happening in the last bit of the episode with Naoto and Marie and the whole up is down left is right stuff more confusing than plot building and the tension between Naoto and the old guy just doesn't have much emotion behind it. I don't really feel it with this anime which is disappointing because I had really high hopes for this one at the beginning of the season. Meh...maybe they'll pull off a miracle with the final episode
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 16, 2017 6:09 AM

Dec 2015
I've been enlightened! After listening to those two, I've reached a higher mental state than ever before, now I realise that everything they say makes absolute sense.

What a joke this episode was
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 16, 2017 10:48 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Man this episode sure has a lot of time limits that Mari and Nauto and their allies have to beat though. Its nice to have old man Halter back though and he looks far more imposing in his new body as well. Hmm so it looks like Mari's friend is also of the same mind as the government in that she advocates efficiency over people's lives. But her accessment of Nauto as a fair person and Ryu's reaction were both nice to see. We also get to see a little more into the background and motivations of the main villain as well. His views about Y and what he did to the world sure was unique. But to think that the guy will go as far as to kill his own men as well though. Man this guy really is ruthless. The old man's switch of tactics from launching a coup to destroying Tokyo though was a surprise and a dramatic one as well. But at least the villain finally had a chance to introduce himself though. All this time i been calling him old man lol. To think that he was able to perceive just what Mari and Nauto were planning to do at the pillar though. The First twist in this episode though was of course the government moving the launch of their WMD way forward and launching it as Nauto and Mari were in the middle of talking to Gennai though. The second was undoubtedly Gennai knocking out the warhead by using his weapon though. Man to think that his weapon really is that powerful though. Seeing the determination and motivation of Gennai though really tells you how much he hates Y as well as this new world that he was forced to live in as well. To think that Gennai in order to fire more shots killed his men and diverted all energy to the weapons though.

Faced with such determination and the revelation that Gennai's shots had wrecked the pillar i suppose its natural that Mari would feel despair as well. Though supremely skilled at what she does even Mari is just human after all. Hearing she admit her true feelings though was nice though. Faced with this threat even Nauto struggles with what to do as well which is surprising. But even faced with this desperation though its nice that Nauto still clings on to his ideas and beliefs though. Its nice that anchoR is able to see what is going on and try to help in her own way though. Ryu's answer to Mari's plight though was surprising though but i guess thats her way of trying to cheer Mari up. Now however Nauto is more than ever trying to stop this weapon from firing again. Lol Nauto's way of motivating Mari though was interesting as he not only let out all his pent up frustration that he felt when compared to Mari but his frustrations about her inability to do anything at this stage. That and acknowledging that Mari truly has talent i felt was a great way to motivate someone. But man Mari's response to that was just genius and just like her as well. Anger can be such a great motivator at times though. And this is indeed that time lol. With those two anything is possible lol. The talk that Ryu had with anchoR though was interesting as we can see that Ryu now has respect for both Mari and Nauto though. The explanation of what exactly is Nauto's ability though was interesting. In a way both Mari and Nauto now know exactly what their respective abilities are. Its funny how they decided to have them tell each other though. So Nauto constructs the situation from the true answer while Mari arrives at the answer from the situation. The two are opposites of each other but are vital to each other. Hmm so Mari's ability is to remember anything that she has learned and recall it without having to think hard eh. Quite the useful ability. Seeing them enter the gear world as they try and create that bypass was pretty unique and seeing them argue and at the same time work together was nice. Hmm so anchoR was serious about destroying that weapon by herself then. I hope that Marie and Nauto manage to create the bypass in time though. But this series looks like its going to have a strong end i think. Can't wait to see what happens next week though.

Hmm so now the government has to both take back the pillar of Heaven and also rescue the member of the royal family then eh. While also trying not to embarrass themselves any further lol. Meanwhile there's 21 hours until the giant weapon crewed by the remnants finish charging eh. And 7 hours until the governments WMD is ready to be used as well. Man that really is a lot of pressure and time limits for Mari and Nauto and their allies though to finish their plan. Hmm despite appearances Nauto's personality is rather simple. He see's automata as living beings just as much as humans are and as a result treats them just the same. Seeing them being used for horrible purposes though will however make him angry. Still it was nice to see this member of the royal family get more of a role though. You know i wonder which of the two is the real monster though. The lord that kills his own men that have been loyally serving him or the person that transformed this world and saved it from destruction at the cost of impeding new tech developments. Man Halter and the love bot sure have it tough having to hold the line against an entire army though. Powerful as they are they won't last indefinitely. Hmm so it seems that the enemy's plan has now changed to destroy the pillar itself and with it Tokyo.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2017 12:22 PM
Feb 2016
I have no idea what's even going on anymore.
Jun 17, 2017 5:19 AM

Oct 2008
What Naoto said was just like the word play of Monogatari...and what happened this episode is beyond science explanation...how the hell are they creating gears out of nothin'!?
3/5.

Jun 17, 2017 8:37 AM

Feb 2012
I don't understand anything anymore - they tried to give Naoto some enlighting speech that would give a meaning and sense to... all of this, whatever it is, but boy, did it backfire. Spouting nonsense to make it more "deep" is not making your characters serious - if you have to add some pseudo-philosophy into the series and do it the wrong way, then it's better to not add it at all.

I don't understand what's the deal with the old guy and why is he doing all this. The show looked promising, but it's pretty disappointing so far.
Jun 19, 2017 8:15 PM

Aug 2016
One more episode left. The music this ep was ok. Naoto triggers me so much and even I'm siding with the bad guy thinking that he's full of shit.

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Jun 20, 2017 1:54 AM

Sep 2009
Wow, that must've been some hardcore dirty-talk. Also, the technological premise is becoming almost as dodgy as steins;gate lelelel
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jun 20, 2017 3:12 PM

Apr 2015
This plot is ridiculous. They don't even try to explain anything. People who didn't read the original material can't understand what they are trying to achieve with this show.
Jun 22, 2017 10:37 AM

Apr 2010
This episode was too dramatic and Mari suffered a nerve breakdown ones again it's really getting old.
Anyway things didn't went according to plan and they already found a solution for it.
The next episode might be interesting
Jun 23, 2017 10:02 AM

Feb 2015
Again, this series started off subpar, dropped into terribleness, and has recently begun to redeem itself ever so slightly. This episode was a combination of all of those efforts, just not in the same order. It started subpar, but then began to redeem itself, only to have the ending thwart all the progress that was made.

At the end of the day, another bad episode for a bad series.
2/5
Jun 23, 2017 12:48 PM

Nov 2009
NekoiNemo said:
So, this was pretty terrible. Does anyone know if all this episode's crap was actually in the ranobe or is this anime's "original creation"? Because it sure ass hell looks like one of those "we need to wrap anime up in the middle of an ark so let's just write whatever bullshit comes to mind and be done with it" that i keep seeing in half-assed manga/ranobe adaptations.

Briefly skimming the book - yes, this part is pretty much the same as the ending in the ranobe volume 3. It is not exactly the same, but the big details remain the same. They spend a bit more time on explaining what the fuck is going on, but it still magic-powered pseudoscience.

“Everything right and everything wrong is all a paradox that is correct and right is left so there’s nothing and everything–”
“—-”
“I don’t know and yet I do.”
–Huh…?
“I know and yet I don’t.”
–Wai…!
“You may not remember and yet you have to so here I go.”
–Wait…!

sun123 said:
This plot is ridiculous. They don't even try to explain anything. People who didn't read the original material can't understand what they are trying to achieve with this show.

Speak for yourself. The show worked fine for me even without the novels.
They said it loud and clear: there would be no sane explanation, what they're doing is pretty much magic, sit back and enjoy the gears.
Jun 23, 2017 4:42 PM

Apr 2015
@flannan

Where they said that there would be no sane explanation?
Glad you like it but to me it doesn't make sense
Jun 24, 2017 9:05 AM

Nov 2009
sun123 said:
@flannan
Where they said that there would be no sane explanation?

That's how I interpret their usage of zen-like words when the boy explains to the girl how to make sense of everything.
Jul 19, 2017 10:02 AM

Aug 2016
The first few episoded were good, but now it's starting to get really boring. I don't even know what is happening at this moment....
Nanika ga Okashii
Aug 19, 2017 5:02 PM

May 2012
Lovely episode and development! Looking forwards to see what the final episode will have to offer and how this anime will end!
Aug 20, 2017 6:03 PM

Jun 2012
I'm tipping my hat off to these arrhythmietic poem of diving to Nirvana with the little amount of self protection. Though it's still a mystery to me what Her Highness spoke about at the entrance of this episode, it seems like she's assuming that Naoto hold the truth of the Planet but that Door was told in such a vague Sutra.

But this part is all about Anchor transmogrifying again so I'm all okay with this episode.
Sep 30, 2017 7:20 AM

Apr 2015
What a big pile of...something.
Can't fathom anytbing at all, even me commenting to this
Dec 15, 2017 11:57 PM
Mar 2017
That girl took very literally the "Immerse in the words of Naoto"

I feel a slight intuition that "Y" is Naota ... yes, a slight ... very little ... HA

They already put what I thought in the comments, what the heck. 10 interesting chapters so that they come to me, more unreal than what is already in that World of gears
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jun 14, 2022 1:15 PM

Jan 2020
I doubt AnchoR is going to actually self-destruct. Though, if she does, huzzah!

I guess Naoto and Marie went into an "imaginary time" state? With the glowing bodies and what not? I don't know.

Just one more episode.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Dec 25, 2023 11:54 PM

Dec 2022
We've reached magic territory, I see.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2017

215 by tqk2811 »»
Jan 8, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2017

78 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 26, 2023 12:26 AM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

37 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2017

36 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:05 PM

Poll: » Clockwork Planet Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 18, 2017

39 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 25, 2023 9:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.