Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 5, 2016 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah this episode gets more into a detective mode with trying to find that professor's killer. I would say the mystery felt rather meh as the drama had a mix of serious and lightehearted feel. Didn't help with that girl with the big tits

Moritsuka is probably the only character I can take seriously that's involved in the case. Well at least pacing is slower now..
Nov 5, 2016 10:39 AM

Oct 2012
We are finally getting somewhere but I still can't see any meaning in this mess.
Why would anyone did that crime? What's the purpose of main characters being involved in it? This may be tagged 'mystery' but how can you solve a mystery if there is no logic in why thing keep happening in the first place. Blaming everything on unnatural events is way too lame.

Also, there were some annoying slapstick scenes again, in cafe for example. And MC is still the worst character ever, I never liked those self-pitying loosers. Also, why was the dialogue between Moritsuka and Gamon cut in the end? There are many scenes connected in very weird way.

And dunno whose idea was to rotate frames for this episode for it to look more 'artistic' but it was terrible idea.
Nov 5, 2016 10:48 AM

Jan 2015

Even so, this Detective-like Element is what makes this episode exciting as the other isn't it? Well, with some supernatural it is.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Nov 5, 2016 10:53 AM

Aug 2013
all those tilting frames, my neck :/

well this is actually quite interesting, I wonder how all this gonna be concluded
Nov 5, 2016 11:12 AM

Jan 2011
It's a shame when one of the dumbest characters in recent times turns out to be more interesting than the entirety of the plot. I think I get what this show is trying to be but it does nothing but spin its wheels so far.

Oh, on another note: they really couldn't find a more natural way of the MC looking up at the ceiling besides him casually lying on the floor like a melodramatic mid-series 90s anime? This was of course after the son of the murder victim casually stood out of view while a total stranger searched his father's study? I mean I get you want to keep talking radio plot device secret from some of the characters for a time but there are better, more natural ways of doing it.
QWERTYFish25Nov 5, 2016 11:16 AM
Nov 5, 2016 11:28 AM

Jul 2014
Jeez, the episodes of this show jump around in quality to such a ridiculous extent that it's almost hard to keep track. This wasn't close to a perfect episode, but I would definitely consider it a massive improvement on last week. It's interesting to start seeing more of these characters coming together like they are, and the mystery is slowly but surely progressing as well, even if the logic behind everything has me completely baffled so far. Only real complaint I have is that Sarai couldn't hear Zonko when it(?) was talking to Yuta in Professor Hashigami's study, especially when the door, as far as we were shown, was never actually closed with Sarai standing slightly outside.
Nov 5, 2016 11:29 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I gotta say this anime has actually become surprisingly engaging despite the horrible opening episode. I'm getting pretty into it really. Though there are still way too many questions to actually say if the plot is going to turn out alright in the end or if it'll crash and burn a second time. Guess we'll just have to wait and see
Nov 5, 2016 11:40 AM

May 2015
Wow, this show is still bad. It's like Mayoiga.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 5, 2016 12:04 PM

Jun 2014
While I still can't find anything notable in this show that's worth praising, I'll admit that at the very least, it's getting more interesting. I actually kind of liked this episode. All they need to do is kill off Ryo-TITS and then I'll be satisfied.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 5, 2016 12:10 PM

Jun 2015
I see they are still copying the Monogatari speech style

It interests me but I'm gonna give it 5/10 because of that melon-chested bitch. She's utterly useless and her presence distracts me.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 5, 2016 12:11 PM

Dec 2014
And so the mystery continue to develop, Raises more and more questions regarding all the phenomena taking place here.

So Sarai and our MC are working together now.

Does Zonko actually exist or not? Clearly only the MC is able to hear it, Sarai just outside the door couldn't hear it. So is Zonko an actual supernatural entity or just our MC talking to himself?

I'm glad the otaku detective made an appearance again, He caught onto our MC quite fast.
The meaning behind 'CODE' is slowly revealed as our otaku detective makes his way to meet the demon girl.

Very intriguing part at the end there with the talk about stitching a soul into a body. So are we talking homunculus or something? That boy behind the statue was pretty creepy.
Nov 5, 2016 12:12 PM

Dec 2014
So I'm going to stop posting in threads for this show until the finale because I can't find much to say about it each week anymore. It has some good artistic and sound direction stuff, but that's it really.
Nov 5, 2016 12:12 PM

Dec 2014
well I am watching it to make more sense of it... Instead I get lost again and again
Nov 5, 2016 12:21 PM

Sep 2013
We Anonymous'Code Prequel Now!
It all connects to this in someway, they are they either dead and their souls are used for GAIA hence the new world or they never existed in the first place.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anonymous;Code

Ryo-tas cheerful as always <3

Nov 5, 2016 12:43 PM

Feb 2016
I'm just wondering how good this anime could have been without all this annoying crap... The "pukey" jokes were so childish and cringe, the floating baloons were annoying as always. The only good thing in this ep was the Baudot code.
Nov 5, 2016 12:47 PM

Jan 2016

Quite the bit of plot progression, I like it.
Still waiting for when Big Boobs McGee becomes useful.
Nov 5, 2016 1:02 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
new clues and enigmas follow one another.....
Nov 5, 2016 1:25 PM

Jul 2010
thebrentinator24 said:
All they need to do is kill off Ryo-TITS and then I'll be satisfied.

Same goes for me. She is the most useless, annoying and stupid character I've seen in a long time.
Nov 5, 2016 1:51 PM

Dec 2012
Sarai is good at analyzing people.
That kid following Ririka is so creepy. Argh that smile.

Nice to see Sarai, Gamon, Miyu & Ryou-tas working together & slowly putting the clues together.
256 names. That's gonna take some time to decipher them all.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 5, 2016 2:03 PM
Nov 2016
So many annoying main characters it is getting really frustrating to watch. I just want the series to reach the point where Mr. Chickenshit sees his own name on that list and when we get to see who Miss BigTits really is.
Nov 5, 2016 2:03 PM
Mar 2016
Man, Gamotan, is getting nervous and detective is getting close to him, when are we gonna see some Ryotas fanservice.
Nov 5, 2016 2:14 PM

Apr 2016
Kinda excited to see what happens next. It's still a bit confusing and weird however.
Also, anime-ception
Nov 5, 2016 2:43 PM

Aug 2016
I have only noticed now, but the ending song of this anime is awesome xD
Nanika ga Okashii
Nov 5, 2016 2:57 PM

Sep 2015
This episode is getting me excited for the next episode because of all those clues and the addition of Sarai joining they're ranks.
Nov 5, 2016 4:22 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah this episode turns to be really good one! Now all the battle started and it will get better from now!

To those people who dropped early - will missed this greatness! We should can expect good story plot from a renowed author of stein;gate!
Nov 5, 2016 4:40 PM

Jul 2013
Finally all the plot points seems to be tying up to reunite all the main characters into the thing causing all those events (the murder of the professor, the people found dead on that lake...), who seems to be related.

I still can get over the fact that they managed to relate all those things using a BL doujinshi. It's ridiculous, but awkwardly awesome at the same time.

I'm also starting to believe Zonko is a voice created by Gamon's mind considering Sarai didn't reacted when Gamon is talking with her while trying to solve the CODE mystery.
Nov 5, 2016 4:42 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The plot thickens even more
Nov 5, 2016 5:48 PM
Jul 2016
This show is still really stupid imo. Finally the characters meet, 5/12 episodes in. I'm kinda interested now, actually though. Seems the quality of this show varies. Episode 1 and 2 were horrible, 3 leaned toward ok, 4 was just as bad as 1 and 2, and this was the best so far.

3/5
Nov 5, 2016 6:33 PM

Apr 2009
Looks like Moritsuka is more a dumb detective for me and he looks like a worst version of Castiel of Supernatural
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Nov 5, 2016 6:46 PM
Aug 2012
Actually Zonko's identity is kinda spoiled in the opening.
The opening got many information frame by frame,so you can easily missed those clue.

From what I gather,there would be 3 different ending for Occultic;Nine
one is for the novel,one is for the anime and one is for the manga.
And different characters die in different ending?

Alas,if they would just make it into VN,I believe it would be as awesome as Steins Gate~
Nov 5, 2016 7:38 PM

Jun 2014
FrozenRaider said:

Oh please. Dont compare this show to that train wreck bus wreck sorry excuse of a show. Nine characters is far easier to handle than the 30 useless personality-lacking cancer cells that Mayoiga tried forcing on you. And the higher-than-average number of characters is where the similarities end.

As for the timeline of the show; only ep 1-3 were even nonlinear. Ep 4-5 have been completely linear. It really isnt difficult to understand wtf is going on if you keep track of who people are and when things are happening.

To the people complaining about characters; the only thing annoying about the characters is the way they talk and how fast they talk. In any other show, I agree, it would be awful. But here it's actually helping the show keep its upbeat tone. Most of the characters may have strange speech patterns, but each of their speech patterns are distinctly different; which is an easy way of giving personality to the characters.

And the characters arent useless to the story either. 7 of the 9 characters have in some way contributed to unfolding part of the story; Rairika and Aria seem like they havent done much yet, but they have been set up in a way that they will surely have significant roles come. The 2 useless characters so far: Touko (the magazine editor) hasnt really contributed much yet; and yes, Ms Watermelon-Rack is the one useless one. But it does seem like she will have a role to come; I swear that "pyo-gun" is suspicious as fuck, i honestly think shes an alien or something, or at least she isnt human, im not even kidding.
Nov 5, 2016 8:05 PM

Mar 2013
It's always a good episode when half of it isn't spent listening to gamo ramble at the speed of sound.

or at least, a decent episode.
Nov 5, 2016 8:25 PM

Oct 2011
the mystery continues
Nov 5, 2016 8:26 PM

Mar 2014
the master and ryouka must have teamed up together but no sigh on what they are planning to do.
Nov 5, 2016 9:25 PM

Jul 2016
FrozenRaider said:
Uh mayoiga was great. You like, like just, like just don't get it brah.
Nov 5, 2016 9:57 PM

Oct 2015
Interesting episode... wth was that creepy child :x preview looks cool too
Nov 5, 2016 9:58 PM

Feb 2016
A-1 Pictures sure really NEED to choose the pace of the show, i can't really stand to things being suddenly faster, and then get slower like a roller coaster

Right now I think Watermelon-Airhead-chan is just a decoration on the background, the only thing she does is distract, dancing around... her agility with those... huge sized breast would be more useful on Keijo rather than become a decoration on the background... as many people here ... I'm still waiting for her to be actually useful

mystery is getting better I must say, it is the only thing that keeps me tuned, and the otaku kid got a less annoying, he didn't scream a lot like he did on the last week episode...

EyeOpeningArc said:
FrozenRaider said:
Uh mayoiga was great. You like, like just, like just don't get it brah.

Mayoiga was a Trainwreck, why would they use 30 characters without having at least half of them being relevant? I seriously expected more from someone who made the story of Anohana... it was really dissapointing... but not as bad as Kabaneri
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 5, 2016 11:03 PM

Jun 2015
That detective is creepy. I wonder how he figured out that Gamot is involved in the case.
Nov 5, 2016 11:33 PM
May 2016
Kinda like Sarai and Moritsuka on this episode. Though too bad the pacing problem still really a pain.
Nov 5, 2016 11:39 PM

Jan 2011
Also anime has this insufferable habit as if late of throwing in western concepts. If you can't ease symbolism or some logic from a foreign concept into your work you're better off not including it at all. Otherwise it just comes off as pretentious.
Nov 6, 2016 1:22 AM

Jun 2016
in sarai father room he talking to the radio which is the radio is off mean NO POWER but can produce sound, but why sarai is not listening? he clearly stand in front of the door ?

sry my grammar is bad ;)
Nov 6, 2016 1:40 AM
May 2010
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
FrozenRaider said:

Oh please. Dont compare this show to that train wreck bus wreck sorry excuse of a show. Nine characters is far easier to handle than the 30 useless personality-lacking cancer cells that Mayoiga tried forcing on you. And the higher-than-average number of characters is where the similarities end.

As for the timeline of the show; only ep 1-3 were even nonlinear. Ep 4-5 have been completely linear. It really isnt difficult to understand wtf is going on if you keep track of who people are and when things are happening.

To the people complaining about characters; the only thing annoying about the characters is the way they talk and how fast they talk. In any other show, I agree, it would be awful. But here it's actually helping the show keep its upbeat tone. Most of the characters may have strange speech patterns, but each of their speech patterns are distinctly different; which is an easy way of giving personality to the characters.

And the characters arent useless to the story either. 7 of the 9 characters have in some way contributed to unfolding part of the story; Rairika and Aria seem like they havent done much yet, but they have been set up in a way that they will surely have significant roles come. The 2 useless characters so far: Touko (the magazine editor) hasnt really contributed much yet; and yes, Ms Watermelon-Rack is the one useless one. But it does seem like she will have a role to come; I swear that "pyo-gun" is suspicious as fuck, i honestly think shes an alien or something, or at least she isnt human, im not even kidding.

I swear the people who say Ryoka is completely useless are watching a different show. Either that or they've conveniently skipped episodes 3 and 4. There is obvious foreshadowing that she is more than just a character that "bounces around". Thus, I find it worrying that she was handed the task of deciphering the list...

Anyways, finally some answers: about CODE/list, about who might be included in that dark water's bottom (oh, Yuta, if only you knew); but this episode also raised a few questions.

The situation between Yuta and Zonko could be seen as a parallel to that between Kiryuu and Aria, which is interesting. But does Zonko really exist? Or is it mere self-suggestion by Yuta in his desperation for somebody to reach out to? How then, does Zonko know of facts that Yuta isn't even aware of (a key that the supposed killer didn't even manage to locate)?

Could the string of numbers attached to the end be serial numbers? If they are, it would be a strange system, where the numbers at the back are the same (though that does not rule out the possibility). What do the numbers mean?

Shun once again shows he is not a simple detective, but what would his purpose be for cornering Yuta? To put up his guard and not mention anything about the key or CODE to anyone? For certain, Bloo Moon's not the place to dig out answers from Yuta.

Who exactly is that old lady in the Hashigami household? Her identity in the greater scheme of things, that is. What is she worried about?

Why 256 individuals? What was in that locked drawer? What is on "that side"? What would happen if Frankenstein was made real? Who is that creepy little kid? Can Sarai actually read minds? Questions, questions, questions.

Also, after rewatching episode 1, I realised the editor-in-chief is quite the suspicious character. Visiting the professor on the day he died, his mention of having contacts all around the world (an organisation, maybe?) and his outburst at having a crime scene destroyed last episode... He seems to know more than he lets on.
l0l1n470rNov 6, 2016 1:55 AM
Nov 6, 2016 1:28 AM

Apr 2013
To me, this is a show that I can't judge as a whole until it's done. If it's set up how I think it is, nothing will fully make sense until it all comes together in the end, and there will be enough information floating in my mind for it to make sense. On the rewatch, it will seem like everything was laid out plainly and had a good reason to exist. That is the hope that I have for this show, considering the Durarara vibes I get every so often.

So as far as the mystery and plot in general go, best to just observe it and wait for the ending. The reason I like this anime so far is because I find the characters very enjoyable. I really like their high energy and the fun dialogue, and I love the pacing. Every episode, pacing is just fine if you ask me. Nothing about the speed at which information is being given to me is making me feel any less immersed, and it doesn't feel like it's ever damaging any other part of the show. So, to me it's just fast sometimes and slow other times, but it's always in service of whatever mood it's trying to convey, and since I've found it really natural to adjust to the mood of the show, I don't have problems with the pacing.

Maybe this just won't work for everyone, but for me I'm not experiencing any of the negatives that people are complaining about, so I'm just enjoying the characters and observing the plot as it progresses. It could very well end up being shit once everything concludes (albeit entertaining shit), but for now I'm having fun watching this.
Nov 6, 2016 4:07 AM

May 2015
potential to be AOTS suddenly increased.
finally excitement.
This is the feeling I look for in a mystery.

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Nov 6, 2016 4:11 AM
Aug 2013
Wow this episode is actually alright, almost makes me feel bad for shitting on the first episode, almost. The anime still has a long way to go and it depends on what this code mystery leads to. I liked how Shun got information out of Gamon, go Shun.
Nov 6, 2016 4:25 AM

Oct 2016
this episode is more on detective mode .. really I dont understand the codes in the ceiling but they say that , that is the names of the 256 corpses .. and that creepy boy is really someone to watch out for
Nov 6, 2016 4:31 AM

Jan 2008
The plot thickens. I like the detective-like elements, but I hope that the conclusion will make sense and does not disappoint.
Nov 6, 2016 5:21 AM

Nov 2009
In case you don't feel like doing research:
Zenigata is, most likely, the detective guy from Lupin III.
Baudot code is a code they used for telegraph, so it's not very secret, but has a few versions, this one seems to fit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baudot_code#ITA2

Atavistic said:
Only real complaint I have is that Sarai couldn't hear Zonko when it(?) was talking to Yuta in Professor Hashigami's study, especially when the door, as far as we were shown, was never actually closed with Sarai standing slightly outside.

TEC_TEC said:
in sarai father room he talking to the radio which is the radio is off mean NO POWER but can produce sound, but why sarai is not listening? he clearly stand in front of the door ?

Most people in this thread suspect that only Gamon can hear Zonko. Maybe she's actually a voice in his head. Maybe she does not speak from the radio in the bag, but from a radio implanted in him.
Anyway, Zonko obviously knows too much about what Gamon is doing. And can hear him without him using radio. Either she has all the professor's rooms under surveillance, or she has access to what Gamon is seeing.

Mich666 said:
Also, why was the dialogue between Moritsuka and Gamon cut in the end?

Moritsuka is obviously trying to put pressure on Gamon. He even said that he knows who exactly Gamon is and where he lives. I think now he is waiting for Gamon to panic and give himself away. Or confess. He also seems to understand that it would be pretty hard to get Gamon to talk in front of his friends.

QWERTYFish25 said:
Also anime has this insufferable habit as if late of throwing in western concepts. If you can't ease symbolism or some logic from a foreign concept into your work you're better off not including it at all. Otherwise it just comes off as pretentious.

Uhm, which concepts were misused this episode in your opinion? Baudot code worked fine, and we've yet to see if Frankenstein is relevant foreshadowing or a dead end.
Well, apart from the fact that I hate anti-intellectualism that gave birth to that story.

l0l1n470r said:
m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:

I swear the people who say Ryoka is completely useless are watching a different show. Either that or they've conveniently skipped episodes 3 and 4. There is obvious foreshadowing that she is more than just a character that "bounces around". Thus, I find it worrying that she was handed the task of deciphering the list...

Indeed. She is obviously more clever than she seems. I wonder if that's the reason Gamon handed decoding off to her.

l0l1n470r said:
Could the string of numbers attached to the end be serial numbers? If they are, it would be a strange system, where the numbers at the back are the same (though that does not rule out the possibility). What do the numbers mean?.

Or could the number EEQTUWI be something important enough that it was written multiple times? Maybe the number of times this world was repeating?
Nov 6, 2016 5:45 AM

Aug 2015
Nobody wants to talk about this episode? :D (46 responses against a hundred for "Yuri on Ice")
You gave up?

For this series, the pace is poorly managed, everything goes too fast and I didn't grasp the implications of different events. Yet I am fond of Monogatari and Durarara, what's wrong?
Nov 6, 2016 6:38 AM
Nov 2015
Hmm, this episode was much better than I expected to be.
We're yet to see who Zonko really is, but I have a feeling she plays a main role in all of this. She's definitely the one character I'm most suspicious of right now. Clearly, she's been monitoring Gamon, and further more, she knows things about the murder that no one else seems to so far.
magilouNov 12, 2016 1:23 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2016

172 by Selltar »»
Jun 10, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2016

450 by Selltar »»
Jun 10, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

217 by Archean-Return »»
May 21, 8:46 AM

» For the people who seen it

mathbg - Sep 8, 2023

3 by mathbg »»
Sep 9, 2023 8:11 AM

Poll: » Occultic;Nine Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

97 by Abyhape »»
Jan 24, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.