Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2008 5:35 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really good episode. Although that Titan guy is an ass, his behaviour was still realistic given the situation.

Hayato! I hope the whole White Base crew all get back together before the end.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Apr 23, 2009 4:27 PM

Mar 2009
Yea Hayato appearance at the end, awesome!! Great Episode, Camiille found Kai and Reccoa, and those idiots just let themselves get blasted by the nuke. I can't wait for them to realize it's Char, and when the whole crew is reassembled...Where's Fraw Bow? Urahara Out!!
Oct 14, 2009 8:37 AM

Feb 2009
What an episode, the best yet in my opinion. White Base crew is finally showing up!
Nov 5, 2009 12:18 PM

Jul 2008
nuclear bombs, not good at all; and like the titans care about treaties or anything of the kind
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 8, 2010 8:30 AM

Apr 2009
Jerid will never die. I wonder who that woman who saved him was.
Woo, more WB crew. Wonder what Kai has to say to Char.
Jul 31, 2010 2:22 PM

May 2008
Hayato is also back! This is so great, everyone is gathering slowly :D I wanna see them together with Char. It'd be epic~
Aug 12, 2010 1:01 AM

Sep 2009
Even thought Jerrid is an asshole im kind of starting to like him.
Nov 25, 2010 8:24 AM

Aug 2009
Hayato! =D I love this! Bringing back all the awesome characters!
Jan 4, 2011 2:07 PM

Aug 2009
Woo~, it's 'ikkle Hayato!
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Feb 25, 2011 7:18 AM

Aug 2009
this is getting better, I liked it :)
Apr 2, 2011 4:54 PM
Jul 2010
Tense moment at the end, when Char jumped. I was worried since his new mentor role doesn't have a very good life expectancy.
Mar 18, 2013 3:04 AM

Mar 2009
Getting so excite that the old team is coming back together~
Apr 28, 2013 4:15 PM

Nov 2011
Oh, it's Hayato! Is all of White Base going to assemble under Char? This is amusing indeed!
Jul 25, 2013 7:34 AM

Oct 2008
This episode was great.
Kinda disturbing that a lot of titans were left to die in the explosion like that. This seems to be getting darker than most Gundam's.
Aug 29, 2013 10:00 PM

Mar 2013
Definitely the best episode so far. Something tells me Kai and Hayato will unmask Char very soon.
Jul 3, 2014 1:40 AM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode!! ^^

I love Gundam Mk II surfing as Kamille destroys those fools!

Jerid is an asshole for using his allies as a shield.

I'm glad Kamille was able to rescue Reccoa and Kai Shiden!!

Who was the girl that helped Jerid get on the plane!?!

I'm liking the teamwork Kamille and Char is showing us!! Kamille is learning the ropes and helping Char along the way!!!

Glad Char didn't fell down!!

Looks like everyone from the White Base is returning!!! I want to see Sayla and Amuro as well!!!

I fucking love Zeta Gundam!!! Glad Tomino and his team were able to make this sequel!!!
Aug 5, 2015 5:26 PM

Nov 2011
It really does seem like most of the White Base Crew will end up with the Argama, given the appearance of Hayato. I'm sure Fraw and the kids will show up soon too.

It's interesting to have them working together with Char. Amuro's the only one I'm sure will realize (well, unless Sayla actually does pop up), but I wonder if any of the others will figure out that it's him.

At first I thought it was ironic that the Federation has ended up using nuclear weapons, but then a thought occurred to me: What if the Federation actually plans on pinning this nuclear bombing on the AEUG? It would sway public opinion away from the AEUG at a comparatively minimal loss to Federation, and such an underhanded tactic certainly seems plausible for the Titans.

You don't just destroy a base like Jaburo for nothing. A gamble on tricking the AEUG forces seems too risky.
Dec 29, 2015 1:14 PM
May 2012
"So this is what Earth's gravity feels like," he said while in freefall.

"That person is lieutenant Quatro? Hmm..." Kai is just really awesome in this one. I really can't wait for him to meet up with Bright. It's really fun to watch the original cast slowly getting back together. I'm curious how adult Kai and Bright would be together...

Lastly, I have to say I really love seeing nuclear weaponry being used in this show. It was neat how it was lampshaded in the original series that nuclear weapons were out of the picture due to environmental concerns, but I am particularly happy that they are becoming a factor in this one.

"Corrections" counter: 8.5

Feb 6, 2016 8:57 PM

Jul 2013
Hayato and Kai joins the team, man the nostalgia's kicking back.
Feb 25, 2016 10:14 PM
Nov 2015
I liked but didn't love this one. The bad guys are so much less interesting than in 079, so much less moral ambiguity overall in the show and the stakes in general feel lower as well.

Still some good action and I liked the terrifying fleeing from th nuclear bomb blasts. Also, it's cool Hayato is back, but hope they do something more with the 079 characters, mostly so far they're acting as props for newer less interesting characters such as Kamille to stand in front of.
Apr 8, 2016 10:36 AM

Dec 2015
As soon as they reached the first buildings, the trap was obvious.
Nuclear explosion in the Amazon region? Nice way to protect the Earth. And how do you fly away so near from the explosion with NO problem?
I already felt bad for the fauna and the flora during the battle.

I liked how Jerid was helping those simple EFF soldiers, almost started to like him... until he showed his egoism again to board in.

Hayato helps the ÆUG too after all those years working as a soldier! We will probably get to see Mrs Fraw Kobayashi and the children they adopted (Kika und co.). Those veterans sure don't like the Federation's behavior. (again, pure fan-service, but I love it)

New mysterious character! 2 in less than 50minutes.

5/5

theGreenDeath said:
The bad guys are so much less interesting than in 079, so much less moral ambiguity overall in the show and the stakes in general feel lower as well.

That's my main concern with the lack of political intrigues.
Rei_IIIMay 30, 2020 4:24 AM
Apr 8, 2016 7:04 PM
Nov 2015
Without spoiling much, I will say the show gets better in terms of depth. But the depth it offers I more character depth than the political intrigue type. By the end I really liked Kamille and was impressed with this in an equal yet different way than 079
Apr 23, 2016 6:34 AM

Oct 2010
I got super hype when Hayato showed up driving a Valkyrie at the end! I built a model kit of one once, never thought I'd see one in anime. Well, Macross maybe. It was obsolete by the mid-1960's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_XB-70_Valkyrie

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/XB-70_Valkyrie (No spoilers in this particular article, but as always avoiding wikis while watching is best protocol)
Oct 16, 2016 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
Compelling, increasingly growing in the story. Narrative than by way of take a breath, all the time made available, is a succession of events, within yet another armed clash, fabulous! Drawings and animations, better than usual, perfect OST in any context shown.
Ayato came back, good!
Oct 25, 2016 6:50 AM

Jun 2013
Great episode as always! Cant wait to see more of the original cast in the next episode!
Nov 27, 2016 7:20 PM

May 2012
Pretty intense episode and nice development, let's see what's next!
Mar 30, 2017 3:47 AM

Dec 2015
I'm just hyped to see Amuro next episode!!
Dec 20, 2017 4:01 PM

Feb 2012
Jarid is as ruthless as ever. I thought he might grow a bit when he helped those guys flip that truck, but abandoned them as soon as it was convenient. Its hard to blame him though, considering selfish attitude is what allowed him to make it onto the shuttle.

Kamille came out of nowhere in this episode. I believe he just set the record for the most mobile suit kills in an episode. This is impressive considering he only made ace the last episode.

Kamille Bidan Kill Count:
7 Hizack kills, 3 GM kills, and 1 Marasai Kill
11 Kills this episode
16 Kills total
Jan 11, 2018 6:00 PM

May 2015
Jaburo Noooooooooooo!

One thing I find mindboggling is seeing a veteran pilot like Char Quattro leaving his mobile suit to talk in the open in the middle of an attack/invasion/occupation/assault (unprotected) still target for a sniper… *Facepalm*

On a side note:
If the show is trying to make this brat more likable by him making a remark about how soldiers should not have been followed their orders every damn time he makes a kill instead of doing his damn job and then after that having an inner monologue about how the Titans organization is so corrupt that they are using good soldiers for their unjustified cause I would have been more open to like him as an MC but so far he is Meh to me…
May 9, 2018 12:27 PM

Nov 2016
Poor apes :/

Rei366 said:
I liked how Jerid was helping those simple EFF soldiers, almost started to like him... until he showed his egoism again to board in.

Hey,he showed the intention to help,what he did afterwards was pretty understandable considering the circumstances :P

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 8, 2019 12:01 PM

Jul 2008
It keeps getting better so far. I forgot who Hayato was at first until Quattro mentioned him with Kai. From the previews it looks like Amuro will show up again.
Sep 13, 2019 10:18 AM

Apr 2014
so good to see the original crew coming back that alone is making this my fave of the U.C series
"one step at a time"
May 29, 2020 2:20 PM

Aug 2017
Kamille really got mad over that monkey. And lol, he just threw away his glider like that. There was also a slow time moment showcasing Kamille's wave riding skills. Now that's fanservice.

I giggled when Char just suddenly decided to wear glasses under his helmet during the siege of Jaburo, then took them off again xD

Kai and Hayato are joining the team now, neat. There aren't many details about them appearing, they just kinda happen to be in the right place at the right time. Well, whatever. Press F for Jaburo and the ecological situation in the region, as well as all the Fed soldiers left in the epicenter.
St0rmbladeMay 29, 2020 2:25 PM
Aug 4, 2020 12:51 PM

May 2015
What an intense episode, one of the best so far.

The "correction" is working, lol.

I like that we see more familiar faces too.
Nov 7, 2020 9:09 AM

Mar 2016
Was a bit unsure whether I'd like Zeta at first, but the past 4 episodes have all been bangers. It's cool seeing all the White Base members pop up again, I wonder if we'll see them all reunite pretty soon
That's kinda cringe but I laughed
Jan 27, 2021 4:26 PM

Aug 2017
More characters from the original Gundam are still joining AEUG. Jerid is an asshole here but his actions were very realistic, he needs to survive. The show is getting better and better when Kamille has less screentime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 27, 2021 8:23 PM
Jul 2018
Nurguburu said:
More characters from the original Gundam are still joining AEUG. Jerid is an asshole here but his actions were very realistic, he needs to survive. The show is getting better and better when Kamille has less screentime.

Kamille is probably not liked by you because you're watching it in dub.
Aug 15, 2021 1:23 AM

Oct 2012
The universe sure seems to be a small place, they keep encountering old White Base members. Soon the whole crew is reunited, lol. (Not that I'd mind)

So Jerid knew who killed Lila after all, I'm not sure how, but maybe I missed something.

Abandoning the base and nuking it to hell seems like a pretty good tactic, but in the end all they did was kill their own people, lol. It was pretty overkill anyway.
Sep 16, 2021 12:50 PM

Feb 2017
Awesome episode, but the best part was those perfectly cut circles from the laser blasts through the windows, lol. Can lasers even do that?

Sep 28, 2022 7:15 PM
May 2015
its pretty damn good
Aug 21, 2023 4:56 AM

Jul 2017
very great episode, with good action scenes.
hayato i missed you too.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Oct 25, 2023 1:33 PM
Oct 2023
Now we just need Artesia, Amuro, Frau, the Orphans and Tradwife4Life Mirai to complete the set.
HadToDoItOct 25, 2023 1:40 PM
May 14, 5:30 PM

Jul 2016
the hyakushiki's hand scene was masterful, i found myself unable to look away and the immediate relief of quattro making it surprised even me. two nuclear bombs swallowing up an entire jungle region, kinda sad that they're destroying their own planet.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Beatnik - Jul 5, 2008

157 by Cazqui-09 »»
May 27, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 49 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Jul 5, 2008

98 by Cazqui-09 »»
May 27, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 48 Discussion

Beatnik - Jul 5, 2008

45 by Cazqui-09 »»
May 27, 1:49 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Echelon - Jul 27, 2008

59 by Cazqui-09 »»
May 25, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Episode 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kage-bunshin - Mar 11, 2010

59 by Cazqui-09 »»
May 25, 6:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.