Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2023 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
So they went with a flashy finale with giant beasts emerging a big conflict in the end...

Again, this anime pushed Jiro the limits as he tried to protect everyone. looks like the beasts had a boss mother that humanity had to overcome. Pretty action packed finale though, maybe with the most I've seen out of this anime. If you're into that type of stuff, I guess this episode works wonders. Otherwise, it felt average to me although not a bad way to sendoff the season. Kuumi herself had an important role in the finale too although I felt like she got overshadowed.
Mar 24, 2023 9:54 AM

Jul 2017
The giant beasts stringing all over the Securian lands landing waste to wherever it goes, and then there's Facade still wanting to retrieve his memories back. though the florist Kumi comes back to revive them and drive the beasts off towards Zen's direction, all while Romana does her best to take care of the patients and their road to recovery.

While Zen takes care of Facade proper, General Tsurugi is done inspecting the Ring of Promise to be given back to Kumi via Melan (who's looking for Myaa), and her transformation is at the very least, par to her power and strength. The last to deal with the mother giant beast that spawns other beasts, and Myaa came to deliver on her promise for Kumi to manifest the Ring's power and Jiro with it to finally take it down.

But man, aside from the abrupt open ending, this was a show that had a concept, but the execution is a total flop.
KANLen09Mar 24, 2023 11:17 AM
Mar 24, 2023 10:50 AM

Feb 2019
Pretty disappointing finale for a show that started out with a lot of potential. Thought Ars no Kyojuu would be special and be the first decent thing its studio made. Set up an interesting world and lore and never really paid it off. Even characters like Jirou former best friend literally fell by the way side.

This didn’t feel like the end of the story at all, in fact seems like it’s setting up a second cour so we’ll see how that goes but this cour ended up being a flop. Still liked kumi and ramona tho. Grow up cat girl is cute too
Mar 24, 2023 10:53 AM

Apr 2011
Again, all this needed was an extra 4 or 5 episodes. Not 12 or whatever it seems like they're planning on doing next.
Mar 24, 2023 11:04 AM
Sep 2015
Oh, I love this gender role-swapping feminist ending, Kumi now lead the fight while Jiro fade into a supporting shadow, and Kumi did a much better job at fighting. While I hope Kumi could fight alone without relying on any male being, this is already above the average anime standard.

Melan the Hasty is such a cute guy, I'd name him Melan the Cutey.

The world building is too big to end in 12 episodes, I expect an announcement of sequel on some forms, OVA, movie, or a full season 2.
Mar 24, 2023 11:09 AM

Mar 2014
It wasn't really an impressive ending but it's okay
Mar 24, 2023 11:46 AM

Jul 2011
Myaa became a beautiful lady, but at what cost, the cat died.

A second season would be great, still have the Empire whatever thing, and now aliens(?).
Mar 24, 2023 12:07 PM

Oct 2016
What the hell kind of ending was that?
Mar 24, 2023 12:31 PM

Mar 2020
This didn't really feel finished, it feels as if there will be a sequel to this. Overall, last few episodes have not looked great animation wise, and it's clear that the studio just lost its steam. Middling execution to say the least to wrap this all up. Definitely bit off more than it could chew, despite a solid start to the series.

5/10.
McsuperMar 24, 2023 12:41 PM
Mar 24, 2023 12:53 PM
May 2020
Ok this really needs a second season. The whole story needed more time to tell without it looking cheep.
Still dig this compared to half of the isekais out there.
Mar 24, 2023 12:53 PM

Oct 2011
season 2 teaser at the end???
Mar 24, 2023 12:57 PM

Jun 2017
Wow that went from 0 to 100 real fast. Myaa became hot for some reason. Liked the reverse uno with Jiro doing the cleric part. Also, ALIENS!

Not sure if it can get S2 but I am in if it happens.
Mar 24, 2023 1:08 PM

Sep 2009
My bet is still that they plan it as sort of a prologue to a new game (like Tact.OP before), but we'll see. It was not bad, but I was more intrigued with secondary characters and setting  than any of the main cast.
Mar 24, 2023 1:47 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
With all the Giant Beasts attacking everyone in Ars, it was now time for Myaa to shine as she revealed a grown up version of herself. Myaa was also tasked with giving the ring to Kumi so she can use it at its full potential. It was fun seeing the roles of Jiro and Kumi reversed as she transformed into an OP Paladin Cleric. The ending was very anticlimactic and I agree with everyone saying that this does not feel like the series especially when things were about to get interesting with the Final Judgement taking place with new monsters. It's possible that a follow up to this series was already planned in advance to tie up any loose ends, so we will just have to wait until that happens.

Overall, I liked this series for its characters and its world building along with an interesting story. Not bad for an anime original that was produced by DMM and Sentai.   

6/10
Mar 24, 2023 2:19 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
What the fuck????
This is the end?
This is bullshit. 
Mar 24, 2023 3:47 PM

Jun 2015
That is how you do an end of season eps!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 24, 2023 4:52 PM

Dec 2015
They put a nice cliffhanger, but looks like this maybe will become a gaccha game, why? Because of the DMM participation on the anime and with this cliffhanger leaving a lot of questions without a season 2 announce, it's very possible that they will use this on a game.

I loved the way that Zen showed, he and his cleric was amazing but I'm a little disappointed that they died so quickly, Myaa turning into a women made me think that that "Chapeaux" was she parting herself and this is the real "complete Myaa", but she don't informed nothing more than that was just the beginning of something.

Let's see what will be about this project, because Kumi wil "die soon" so, they have another chance to create something more interesting that this one that they made a good job but wasted a great plot.

Mar 24, 2023 4:57 PM

May 2014
It's obvious the story was made with a second (or more) season in mind since literally NOTHING has been resolved. This is basically a prequel, if anything. Which kind of makes this whole situation odd since original series that have endings like that usually only do so when they know they're making additional episodes and we get immediate S2 announcements. ESPECIALLY in this case where that ending is them practically screaming that we'll get an S2, yet there's not one in sight. Overall I liked the general plot and characters in this so I sure hope it gets another season.

That said, I feel like this story was better suited to being a globe-trotting JRPG. Go around to the different countries picking up your party members. Destroy the first major enemy in the initial arc (the giants), then the obviously evil Empire, and then the very gods themselves. That sort of thing. Heck, if I didn't know any better I'd actually say this was a game adaptation. It's just that video gamey (I'm not saying that's a bad thing).
Mar 24, 2023 5:12 PM

Jul 2019
Glad we finally got to get a good look at Kuumi's cleric design, was honestly what I was interested in the most. 

Also "Kitten the ship" Best pun of the series, thank you translators. 
Mar 24, 2023 5:45 PM

Aug 2018
I hope there's another season.
Mar 24, 2023 6:51 PM

Sep 2020
I'm glad I'm the only one getting a Takt Op feeling from this ending; having new characters voiced by Otsuka Akio and Sakura Ayane briefly appear in the final episode suggests that this might not be the end of the line for Ars as a franchise.
A second season would be nice and all but I feel that an Ars mobile game is more likely to materialize in the future.
Mar 24, 2023 7:03 PM

Apr 2022
well, that ending felt very abrupt. it makes me sad, it started out good and just fell off. wasted potential, all that worldbuilding and lore in the beginning :/

but i still liked kuumi to the end haha, started off as an 8/10 for me but i'm gonna have to give it a 5/10 in the end. will definitely watch if there's another season though.
Mar 24, 2023 10:03 PM

Jul 2011
Well clearly not an actual ending, because it cut offs in the middle of the start of the apocalypse with a bunch of plot threats open, some of them brand new to this episode

So i will wait for news of a second season or OVA covering the adventures of hot Myaa and the gang vs The Empire vs vs General  Bakura (who is staging a coup) vs God and his monsters trying to kill everyone
Mar 25, 2023 12:32 AM
Oct 2014
this was one of my guilty pleasures this season 10/10 idc loved the story l9ved the characters I absolutely loved Myaa gow she talked instantly made the show a 7/10 for me regardless, I immediately loved the maincast Jiro had his ups and downs I can't lie , the scenery was a 10/10 the story was kinda all over the place at times but I can look past it with just how immersed I got into this anime.Another thing Mezumi since ep 1 i new he was doing sum shady shit with whatever he was ingesting and it had to be to turn himself into a redeye beast and I was right
Mar 25, 2023 2:47 AM

Oct 2017
Mya became a hot onee san, she's pretty. Kumi and Jiro's role got reversed and they beat the gigantic beast. Good to see the oldman and the other Kumi survive and everyone else too. Though this didn't really feel like an ending, specially with that end scene and there are other unanswered stuff too so new season when?
Mar 25, 2023 3:47 AM
Jan 2020
and I thought I couldn't get more disappointed, they went full deus ex machina
Mar 25, 2023 4:45 AM
Sep 2021
Was a good overall fantasy story, looking forward to the next season.
Mar 25, 2023 8:26 AM

May 2019
Hopefully there will be a new season or OVA atleast and hopefully it will be a little bit better cause this anime feel so half-assed in almost every aspect
Mar 25, 2023 10:15 AM

Dec 2018
so the old dude survived, but it really felt like a hasty end to the season.
Mar 25, 2023 10:16 AM

Dec 2018
KANLen09 said:
The giant beasts stringing all over the Securian lands landing waste to wherever it goes, and then there's Facade still wanting to retrieve his memories back. though the florist Kumi comes back to revive them and drive the beasts off towards Zen's direction, all while Romana does her best to take care of the patients and their road to recovery.

While Zen takes care of Facade proper, General Tsurugi is done inspecting the Ring of Promise to be given back to Kumi via Melan (who's looking for Myaa), and her transformation is at the very least, par to her power and strength. The last to deal with the mother giant beast that spawns other beasts, and Myaa came to deliver on her promise for Kumi to manifest the Ring's power and Jiro with it to finally take it down.

But man, aside from the abrupt open ending, this was a show that had a concept, but the execution is a total flop.
yeah, the world building was lacking and honestly i just felt like the development of the story and characters was sloppy and uninspired.
Mar 25, 2023 1:55 PM

Feb 2021
It isn't the ending. I am sure there will be a season 2.
Mar 25, 2023 5:19 PM

Jun 2019
Memore said:
Doubt it. Can’t imagine this was popular enough to warrant it. 
Mar 26, 2023 1:55 AM

Feb 2021
Blue_Maroon said:
Memore said:
Doubt it. Can’t imagine this was popular enough to warrant it. 

Yes, maybe you are right. Still it is a cliffhanger at the end of the final episode.
Mar 26, 2023 2:01 PM
Dec 2022
It was a really interesting episode, but the ending felt rushed
Mar 26, 2023 2:07 PM
Jan 2020
Thrilling end, but plot wise this was an absolute mess of holes, contradictions, and dues ex machina.
Mar 26, 2023 7:29 PM
Jul 2008
What?? It just ended like that?? Why Myaa can become big and what's the purpose of swapping the animals? Why every tribes have their own Myaa? What's the purpose of Myaa greeting everytime they enter a place? The port town now doesn't have Myaa? How come Myaa has the Ring of Promise? What happened to Kumi the flower seller and Zen the old paladin? Who's the woman in Facade's memory? So many questionable things..

The onscreen map explained how big the world is. I thought the tribes are just villages not as big as a country!
Mar 27, 2023 2:03 AM

Oct 2016
There's gotta be a sequel of some sort right? Cause, there's no fucking way they just ended the show like this, there's gotta be a season 2 or a movie at least. They just introduced all those new paladins(?) too. 

Overall, I thought the show had a lot of potential, but it ended up just being aight. Very anticlimactic to say the least. Jiro's now the bottom though. 

Also, Myaa is now hot. 6/10
Mar 28, 2023 8:27 PM

May 2019
Yeah the ending was pretty rushed with many plot holes left open. I did like most of the episodes but much of it did not come together as I hoped it would. The "final boss" was defeated with Kumi using the ring that was returned to her but the final ending sequence was left at a cliffhanger.

Also, as another poster asked, what's Myaa's backstory especially with getting bigger/older and no longer having a cat on her head? What about Facade? And why did the older Kumi lady show up out of nowhere? We find that she's a cleric and that's it? Btw, did Baban and his wife actually die from an earlier episode?

So many unanswered questions. I hovered between a 7 and even an 8 but due to the weak ending with many unanswered questions I'm giving this a 6/10 since it was still a mostly good watch. Hopefully some closure is made whether that's through a 2nd season or OVA(s).
Mar 30, 2023 10:22 PM

Oct 2013
ars more like arse!
I give it props for trying to do something original but that ending sucked arse!

No joke I was like
beginning- ooooook interesting
1st arc- boring
2nd arc-oooooook
3rd arc- snore
4 arc- ok here we go
finale- uuuuuuugh so boring

So this show was just all over the place. Just ended this as a "nice try guys!" kinda anime and never bring it up again.
Mar 31, 2023 9:04 AM

Mar 2021
I honestly did not hate this. There were some interesting ideas and world building, even if the show was not particularly plot driven. And there were definitely anime this season with worse production values. 

Making an anime without any source material always seems risky, and while I can understand people's frustrations with this one (it did not necessarily live up to the promise of the concept, left a lot of questions unanswered and ends on a cliff hanger), I am glad I stuck with it.
Apr 2, 2023 2:08 PM
Oct 2022
que paso con ese final? mas abierto imposible
Apr 2, 2023 4:24 PM

Feb 2014
This anime was solid example of an average at best anime.

So I gonna probably give this 5/10, and I am being generous here. 

100% skipable anime.

Apr 2, 2023 6:21 PM

Jan 2022
Its finally over :)
This never updates so that's cool
Apr 10, 2023 2:22 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Oh nooo they tried to throw in more. Just stop, please!
I just could not get into this. I actually liked the character designs, but man I couldn't like the writing. There was like a moment or two that I was okay with, but overall I just didn't like this anime.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 10, 2023 11:16 PM

Nov 2009
Huh... did the Florist Kumi either faint or die after using her Cleric powers? (and the old guy also dies?)

Also... the "empire" said they killed all the "human chapaeux"... does that mean all of "Myaa" but "one" died?

Tho it looks like Myaa's true form is... older than she seems... also, she can TELEPORT. (who is she? she ain't no Cleric that for sure)

___ ___ ___

So... the "True" transform is... the Cleric on the outside and the Paladin on the inside.

Kumi going God-mode on all the Giant Beasts... LOL

___ ___ ___

And this fight isn't even the actual fight...

The real fight is just beginning.

[my take on the last part of episode 12]

Also, I take it the end with the giant WALL... is a "space ship"... since they already have flying vehicles and they were all said to be ancient Tech.

Going by that and the previous episodes events, this means the "Giant Beasts" are most likely "man-made" as to why Kumi could control the Beast with the "ring" (since that crazy Meze-something guy said the tech he's using are all ancient Tech and he was able to use it to transform himself into a mini-Beast)

Which the "ring" is also "man-made"

And the "Moment of Judgement" is when the ancient humans return from space to reclaim the planet.... aka, the fight is going to be against the former humans that created everything including paladins and clerics like Gods.

And Myaa is possibly one of those former human but is going against the idea of killing everyone in order to reclaim the planet.

(which the invasion plan is also most likely leaked as part of "royality secrets" that the Empire just saw and decide to kill off the "human Chapaeux" in case one those Chapaeux reports back to their "masters")
amlgApr 10, 2023 11:43 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 13, 2023 4:30 AM

Mar 2013
Another great potential to be a wonderful series was ruined. I really like the earlier episodes, but as time goes on, it gets more and more boring.

The only characters that I was fond of were Kuumi (her VA made her cute but she looks like B. Bunny), Jiiro (his character development was ok), Zen (a cool old man), and Tsurugi (for the first time, I got to see her transformed only in this last episode since I always saw her in the OP).

The story is a mess.
CrazyButNot4UApr 13, 2023 4:34 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 29, 2023 5:14 AM

Jul 2015
Quite the decent show up until the end, they really messed up ending it so abruptly *sigh*

May 14, 2023 2:56 AM
Mar 2012
was alright, totally non-ending.
Great worldbuilding, some unique elements like animal chapeaux, paladin & cleric dynamics, several factions & their cultures etc. But by end didn't explain much of the setup. What's the human chapeaux plan? What's the judgement apocalypse about? Bakla's motive? Myaa's motive?
The adventure was fun but at times quite aimless. Some cool fights tho & had a blast with them puns.
Jul 3, 2023 9:43 AM

May 2009
Turns out it was just shitty smartphone game prologue.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ars no Kyojuu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2023

78 by R_anime1212 »»
Feb 17, 5:17 AM

Poll: » Ars no Kyojuu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2023

26 by Thrive2Mix »»
Dec 31, 2023 5:48 AM

» Cat related puns in subtitling

AnthAnilist - Apr 21, 2023

7 by autumn_sky96 »»
Dec 30, 2023 8:58 AM

Poll: » Ars no Kyojuu Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2023

39 by Etherius_ZS »»
Dec 8, 2023 5:40 AM

Poll: » Ars no Kyojuu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2023

18 by vemz21 »»
Jun 14, 2023 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.