Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2021 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, kids and their curiousity these days.

Food is delicious as usual with curry, fried seafood, mixed dishes, etc. If anything, those kids are very lucky to enjoy the experience. Also got croquette this episode, which simply looked fantastic. Kids in this anime are so lucky.
Oct 22, 2021 10:42 AM

Apr 2016
How to tell the kids to do something ... tell them to not to do something.

Imagine the nerve, to invade someone else's fridge .. and eating their last puding. IS NOTHING SACRED ANYMORE.
Oct 22, 2021 10:50 AM

Feb 2020
Funny kids. :3

I want that lunch.

Oct 22, 2021 10:57 AM

Jul 2017
More children are being "wretched" into the place where the "Witch of the Western Tower" resides, as such is the case with nephew Alfred and niece Margarette, investigating Victoria's room and consuming her usual Pudding a la Mode take-away from Nekoya.

Of course, she leads them to the Door to Nekoya, and that's where her real witch's magic happens while serving both Alfred and Margarette the standard children's lunch. Such exquisity with detail to the food while the kids have a great time as family. Keeping this as a secret between children and relative.

Another children's pair of Pikke and Pakke are back, and having extensive knowledge about Nekoya, sell "knight's sauce" stew, which to my eye is more like New England Clam Chowder. The Day of Satur is like a religious theme in this show, so it's to be expected when patrons become regular. Having cream croquettes that go well with other condiments like rice and bread, and crab is a good choice mix too for filling.

The Days of Satur are gobsmackingly good and filling, especially when kids are added into the mix.
Oct 22, 2021 11:11 AM
Sep 2015
I think Kids menu/Children meal is the best menu that any restaurant offer. You get to eat many things in small proportion that is not too much, plus it has dessert and drink included in the menu (most of them).

But most restaurant don't let adult order kids menu, and even if it's allowed, you'll feel guilty because you definitely know the restaurant can't make a profit out of kids menu. For a similar kind of experience, adult has to order "tasting menu" which is at least ten times more expensive than kids menu.
Oct 22, 2021 11:21 AM

Apr 2010
Well children again this episode but they where not that bad it was funny to watch them with their believe of magic.
And Victoria was having fun which was also nice to watch.
The selling part was nice as well.
Oct 22, 2021 12:20 PM

Apr 2019
This anime is such a hidden gem, so wholesome and relaxing.
Oct 22, 2021 1:13 PM

Jul 2017
That children's menu is divine shit right there to eat and enjoy, compared to other children's menus out there in reality.
Oct 22, 2021 1:20 PM

Jul 2016
Like when you are secluded to live in a tower because of your racist sister-in-law and your nephews still have the audacity to invade your magical fridge and eat your last pudding.

THE NERVE!
Oct 22, 2021 3:05 PM

Sep 2015
The character interaction just felt so unnatural to me for the children's Lunch part

Pakke and Pikke were way better kids, since they're more independent
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Oct 22, 2021 4:12 PM

Nov 2009
This anime is a blessing.

Stealing snacks from the fridge is a crime though. The half-elf lady is merciful.
Oct 22, 2021 4:17 PM
Mar 2021
A total of 4 new characters an 2 new dishes introduced i like that. The 4 new characters were cute tho.
Oct 22, 2021 4:45 PM
May 2018
Flowercityweeb said:
The 4 new characters were cute tho.
Pikke and Pakke / "Cream Croquette"
A married pair of halflings who travel the world, selling stew made with "knight sauce" and always make sure that they manage to find a location where the "Door of Nekoya" appears every Day of Satur.
Oct 22, 2021 5:18 PM
Oct 2019
Wow,kids menu look so fancy and delicious. Still thinking why there always a flag on there menu?
Oct 22, 2021 5:39 PM

Nov 2017
Ahhhhh,stress all gone now,though hunger at max!! :)
Oct 22, 2021 5:46 PM

Mar 2016
God damn I wish my kids' meal back then was as high quality as the stuff they served here.
Oct 22, 2021 10:05 PM
Jul 2021
huh i wonder how crab meat croquette taste like ?
Oct 23, 2021 12:30 AM
Mar 2021
I know it's was meant to be a wholesome first half of the episode but all I can imagine is the 2 kids eating their little versions of the pudding whilst their aunt takes her time with a massive pudding dish...
Second half was strange at first, like 'how do these kids know how to cook?', wasn't right until the end I realised they aren't human! I loved that remarkable tactical conversation before entering the door.
Looking forward to the next episode from the preview, I like any episode with MincedmeatCutlet in it, she's a good egg.
SayonaraSuckasOct 23, 2021 12:38 AM
Oct 23, 2021 3:14 AM

Apr 2015
Never tell kids to not go there, cause a "witch" lives there... they are definitely going there cause you made them curious XD

That kids lunch menu was some real delicious looking shit. Usually here a kids menu is usually served with fries...

I want me some cream croquettes now... *drools*
Oct 23, 2021 5:11 AM

Feb 2014
Never underestimate the power of a kid's curiosity. The more you tell them not to do something, the more likely that they will do something. In this case, it was two siblings going into the "witches" tower, then finding and eating the dessert.

Coming from someone who has a massive sweet tooth for desserts and sweets in general, if anyone ate my dessert without my permission, I would be heartbroken! XD

Either way, their aunt, who was a half-elf, took them to Nekoya and the children's lunch they had looked scrumptious and yummy. I do like the variety that the meal had.

The second half of the episode was focusing on two halflings, who I thought they were normal humans until they had about 15 plates worth of cream croquettes each. All 3 different croquettes featuring crab, meat and mushroom and finally one with sweetcorn, looked delicious.

I also like how independent the two of them were when they were selling stew while also helping the local bakery owner with his business, too.

Now please excuse me while I go raid my kitchen for food.....
Oct 23, 2021 8:02 AM
Oct 2019
is Pikke and Pakke from season 1 because i totally forgot about it.
wtf 15 portion each lmao
this kids are nuts.

now excuse me, i want to order some Croquette.

Oct 23, 2021 8:47 AM

Jul 2021
Ah yes back at it with a good start for the weekend. The two kids were somewhat disrespectful towards the aunt's privacy but either ways I was really enjoying when Alf was enjoying the egg pudding with the girl (I don't know her name because I didn't fully pay attention) while Victoria, the aunt, saw them both in her room. Then Victoria took both the kids into the restaurant and the kids had the children's lunch while Victoria had a carbonara and a pudding. The carbonara looks so delicious and the children’s lunch looks very interesting, it’s like what people would get in their plate when going into some kind of buffet but this children's lunch right here is what my ideal palette would look like: having a tender hamburg steak, crispy and juicy bread crumb friend shrimps, some potato salad would be a great notch if there are no lumps, then the one and only,,,, omelette rice!!! And it ended off with Victoria's pudding serving and both the kids were enjoying it too!

NOW YAY WE GET TO SEE PIKKIE AND PAKKE AGAIN FROM S1 :DDDDD Both were serving some stew though stew can taste disgusting at times but I don’t mind trying theirs since it’s worth a 2 copper. A man tried their soup and called it delicious which makes me wanna crave some although I hate any food dishes that results in a liquid form however topping it with a bread and use the stew as a dip would be a great idea. Then the two kids went to the restaurant to get some cream croquettes but one of them really just combined one precious thing with rice??? Brother just WHY'd you do that, a bread would be better ;-; And yeah in the end, the kids went pretty wild by ordering more cream croquettes until they’re fully stuffed.

Animation wise is still amazing as always, the way they depict the food in terms of the texture and contrast makes me wanna crave all of the food they served so far and eventually getting to crave more other stuff from their menu because this restaurant is something special, serving different culinary dishes from different cuisines and present it in such a beautiful way :D. OP and ED are both still vibing <3 Ålso Full OP was really good when I listen to it on spotify and the ED is going to be released on 3rd of November! And yeah overall, I'm looking forward to the next episode where I see some scotch egg signal!
Oct 23, 2021 11:29 PM

Oct 2008
ok let's guess...since the two kids are not on the MAL char list VA..here we go.
i think Pikke's VA is Takahashi Minami and Pakke's VA is Takada Yuuki, ain't that right!?

Oct 24, 2021 1:24 AM
Jul 2021
davidyodo24 said:
is Pikke and Pakke from season 1 because i totally forgot about it.
wtf 15 portion each lmao
this kids are nuts.

now excuse me, i want to order some Croquette.

its small crab meat Croquette so its still nomal for average gluton people.
Oct 25, 2021 12:03 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lot of kids were happy with their plate in this episode
Oct 25, 2021 10:07 AM
Jun 2013
As I was watching this episode, when the kids? found the door, I think that door was the one that was seen on the last episode of Isekai Shokudou season 1.

Does anyone think it is that door?
Oct 25, 2021 2:48 PM

Apr 2014

*Down 15 plates of one and the same dish. Each.*

As much as I enjoy this series, all these characters with a very healthy appetite being obsessed with one dish and one dish only is almost becoming a meme....
WizardOfOssOct 25, 2021 2:52 PM
Oct 25, 2021 3:19 PM

Dec 2020
Oh, I loved this episode. Focused on my most favorite diner, Victoria. Those two adorable mischievous little imps calling her Auntie made me smile. A shame that their mother tried to push them away from her, but I'm glad they didn't listen.

The second half was very interesting. I did not think that Pakke and Pikkie were halflings. I thought they were just two children who were more mature and were aspiring cooks, but they are adults. No wonder they ate so much. I don't see halflings and specifies similar to them (such as inchlings, which is in Touhou) used very often, so that was very fun to see.

CQLLIST said:

NOW YAY WE GET TO SEE PIKKIE AND PAKKE AGAIN FROM S1 :DDDDD

Huh? They were in the first season? I don't remember! It's been a while since I watched it again (and I watched it around three times during it's year and the next). What episode were they in?
MiniatureMeOct 25, 2021 3:23 PM
Oct 25, 2021 5:22 PM

Jul 2021
CQLLIST said:

Huh? They were in the first season? I don't remember! It's been a while since I watched it again (and I watched it around three times during it's year and the next). What episode were they in?

I kinda forgot if they were in season 1 because they both look so familiar as I've watched season 1 for like 2 times, probably it's just a really short appearance that just went woosh after 1 second
Oct 25, 2021 7:31 PM

Dec 2020
CQLLIST said:
CQLLIST said:

I kinda forgot if they were in season 1 because they both look so familiar as I've watched season 1 for like 2 times, probably it's just a really short appearance that just went woosh after 1 second

Oh. lol Understandable.

WizardOfOss said:
As much as I enjoy this series, all these characters with a very healthy appetite being obsessed with one dish and one dish only is almost becoming a meme....

Eeeeh, aren't many people like this in general? Having a huge favorite and all when going to a place you love to eat in. When I go to a few of my favorite restaurants, I do the same. Not to mention, not only are they open to try other dishes when offered or whenever they feel like it (as we had seen in this season with Sarah, Alphonse, Kuro, Aletta, and most recently, Victoria, even if they still prefer or want their favorites), but this restaurant is only open on a certain day, and in such a fantasy world with all of their occupations, situations, or positions in life, along with much of the food they enjoy being only available at that restaurant, I find this more understandable for them to behave this way, and this especially goes for characters that don't get to visit every time (like Sarah didn't).
MiniatureMeOct 25, 2021 10:17 PM
Oct 26, 2021 2:35 AM

Apr 2014
MiniatureMe said:
Eeeeh, aren't many people like this in general? Having a huge favorite and all when going to a place you love to eat in. When I go to a few of my favorite restaurants, I do the same. Not to mention, not only are they open to try other dishes when offered or whenever they feel like it (as we had seen in this season with Sarah, Alphonse, Kuro, Aletta, and most recently, Victoria, even if they still prefer or want their favorites), but this restaurant is only open on a certain day, and in such a fantasy world with all of their occupations, situations, or positions in life, along with much of the food they enjoy being only available at that restaurant, I find this more understandable for them to behave this way, and this especially goes for characters that don't get to visit every time (like Sarah didn't).

Not anyone I know. Well, except maybe for one extremely picky eater that just doesn't dare to try anything he doesn't already know. Which is quite different from the people on the show. And I can understand having a favorite dish after trying several others, but hardly anyone would do that out of their own volition. Most only when they are offered something else, they might try reluctantly. And even if they like it, they will go back to that original favorite and never even think of ordering that other dish again.

And I especially had a facepalm-moment when Pikke and Pakke literally said they wanted to try everything, yet ended up ordering 15 plates each of the one single dish. Would it have killed them if they only had 14 portions of croquettes and one other dish?

Personally, if I would visit a place that often, I would rather quickly get bored if I would eat the same thing over and over again. And if one dish is that good, I would be curious about the rest. And man, does Nekoya have some delicious looking food....
Oct 26, 2021 12:47 PM

Dec 2020
WizardOfOss said:
MiniatureMe said:

Not anyone I know. Well, except maybe for one extremely picky eater that just doesn't dare to try anything he doesn't already know. Which is quite different from the people on the show. And I can understand having a favorite dish after trying several others, but hardly anyone would do that out of their own volition. Most only when they are offered something else, they might try reluctantly. And even if they like it, they will go back to that original favorite and never even think of ordering that other dish again.

And I especially had a facepalm-moment when Pikke and Pakke literally said they wanted to try everything, yet ended up ordering 15 plates each of the one single dish. Would it have killed them if they only had 14 portions of croquettes and one other dish?

Personally, if I would visit a place that often, I would rather quickly get bored if I would eat the same thing over and over again. And if one dish is that good, I would be curious about the rest. And man, does Nekoya have some delicious looking food....

Really? Huh. Because while I, the people I went out to eat with, and my past and current school acquaintances are open to trying other things or changing things up from time to time, we pretty much just get the same old favorite that we love and are used to the most, even from places with the largest variety on their menu. Same old toppings on a pizza, same old sets of food from a buffet, same old burger from a burger joint, same old bag of chips, the sorts of things. Now, if I was able to visit a restaurant a lot more frequent than I was only able to, then even I'd want to try other things. But since in this one, I couldn't if I was in their shoes, I'd likely be as obsessed. lol

Anyways, I understand your points. I'm just trying to maybe make more sense as to why else they are this way aside from just being "I just like this the most" (which is also true), but that's just me. Oh, but I wouldn't say reluctantly since we had seen even Kuro excited to try a different type of curry, along with Victoria ordering a non-dessert first no problems when eating with the two little imps. Then some other examples like with Fardonia (blonde elf with the bow) one time in S1.
Oct 26, 2021 1:46 PM

Apr 2014
Wow wow wow......at a buffet, you can only have one dish and one dish only. Otherwise it's cheating ;-)

But pizza is an interesting one. To me, visiting the same restaurant once a week already is extremely frequent, but there was a time Saturday was pizza day for me. But even then I wouldn't want the same pizza two weeks in a row, the one thing I love about pizza is the sheer endless variety. Or if with company, get a whole bunch of different ones and share. And obviously I did have some favorites I might pick more often than others, but after a while those always changed, and some I actually started to dislike. Too much of a good thing can ruin anything.

But if I had the stomach to eat 15 plates of anything, I would probably start and end with my favorite dish, and enjoy as much variety as possible in between. The one thing I don't like when visiting izakaya in Japan is that as a solo traveler there's a limit to how much I can try, there's always more on the menu I want to try than I can eat. And I always see someone else ordering something I wish I had ordered. But that would be about the single best reason to come back soon...

Some people in the series have started naming each other after the one and only dish they ever order....to me that's a sign that you've gone too far. So far those kids have had more variation than anyone, even when it was all together on one plate :-)
Oct 29, 2021 2:42 AM
Mar 2014
pikke and pakke are such a nod to tolkien's hobbits!!! had to really double check their furry little feet and oh man their appetites!
Oct 30, 2021 1:14 PM

Feb 2007
What is the first thing children do when you tell them not to do something? Do it! Especially if you tell them there's a witch in the forbidden tower. :D
Nov 20, 2021 9:16 PM

Oct 2019
The mother of these kids is a prejudiced fool who also does not understand how children function, despite being a mother of two. "Don't go there due to reasons" in the children's mind is the best push for them to go there and check it out for themselves. Well, the mother's stupidity led to the children having a nice little adventure with their shunned aunt, so it turned out for the best.

In the second segment we had the two halflings from the first season, who ate 15 dishes of cream croquettes each. Their metabolism must be shark-like, and their stomachs might be as large as those of cows :)
Nov 27, 2021 4:31 AM

Aug 2015
I would love to be a kid again so that I could be served the children's menu in this restaurant. Chill as usual.
Dec 14, 2021 11:22 AM

Nov 2013
"wish we could try everything in this list"
also , they ate 15 plates of the same thing... LOL
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Feb 17, 2022 1:15 AM

Jul 2015
Would've been hilarious if auntie half-elf just took their pudding as punishment after telling them to wait until they've finished their kids meal.

Mar 17, 2022 8:27 AM

Apr 2011
I'm worried about those kid's safety, if its actually a real witch and not their aunt they're gonna be gone. Thankfully, its her. Its nice to her with her niece. Having to eat together with family is good. She's real pretty ain't she.

Also those halflings sure have a big appetite. Then again those croquettes look small.

Another chill and relaxing episode as always and makes me hungry every time.
Apr 25, 2022 4:41 AM
Dec 2013
Did those kids just really get rewarded for bad behaviour? Snooping around, going into a place that they were strictly told to never go into, breaking and entering, and eating something that isn't theirs, then getting to have a delicious meal that they wouldn't have gotten to eat had they obeyed their mother. Wow, that really sets a fine example for us all, huh. It's lucky that the witch was their aunt. But it doesn't change the fact that they got rewarded for bad behaviour!
wildhoodApr 25, 2022 4:47 AM
May 21, 2022 7:02 AM
Apr 2022
why did it seem that the children's under 12 lunch had WAY more food than the adult dinners???? also, WAY rude for Victorias' sister to say such rude things about her!!! shame!!!
Jan 14, 2023 11:48 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Full around kiddo episode. I'm a sucker for familial stuff like this.

Auntie witch half elf Victoria sounds super badass. I'd hang out with her all the time!

I looked up what the King Sauce would be and lots of people say it's a bechamel; a soup like that sounds interesting with how rich it would be. More like a fodue.
May 10, 4:49 PM
Hello Everynyan

May 2022
Imagine one of the kids has a seafood allergy and just dies. I hope they stock some Epipen at the Nekoya...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2021

61 by -rkr- »»
May 14, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2021

56 by wildhood »»
Apr 9, 10:04 AM

» What do they do with so much other world money

dheeraj55555 - Feb 9, 2023

7 by Refereall »»
Jan 25, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou 2 Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2021

38 by OrbyxDeRalaviti »»
Apr 14, 2023 5:50 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou 2 Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2021

27 by Stripes »»
Jan 15, 2023 2:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.