Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 14, 2019 6:57 AM

Nov 2018
Manga readers, please tell me Takemoto has a chance with him, i really like her
Apr 14, 2019 7:58 AM

Feb 2015
shanimebib said:
Crashmatt said:

Is this your first harem show? Just asking as it's pretty much the same as every other harem rom com. Even after 2 episodes I can pretty much tell how it's going to end.

You are giving a lot of credit by saying "every other" meaning 1 out of 2. For me, it's probably 9 out of 10. Could be more actually.

But wait, you meant all of the other ones? Now that would be a stretch. 2 seasons wasn't enough to predict how TWGOK would end let alone 2 episodes. I guess it is also the reason why it is considered the greatest harem romcom of its generation.

I've never actually seen TWOGK I was kind of put off by the fact it was unfinished. The are exceptions of course. High School DxD, Sekirei, Quituplets are all examples of what I would class as good harem shows. I could write a rather long list of others that are exactly the same as this.
Apr 14, 2019 8:03 AM

Nov 2007
honeycrush said:

I would say she has very little chance given that her character types are always doomed in harem romcoms. But no one's gonna stop you from liking her even if she doesn't win, right? I am up to date with the manga and one thing remained constant throughout the manga that she remained the sweetest to Nariyuki. She has more bittersweet moments with him out of all the heroines, particularly because she has been in love with him for ages.

If its either her or Sensei, I am gonna rate this manga much higher for it giving us something worth remembering as different from the majority of the manga of the same genre out there.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 14, 2019 10:04 AM
Apr 2019
Why skip this joke..

But on the positive side.. i think uruka va perfecly fit for her..

Edit: i want to tag img /img but it doesnt appear.. lel..

and i get why some people think yuiga doesnt have personality or something.. the introduction of characters different from manga.. and this eps 2 skip chapter 3 too... two genius visit his house for the first time and chapter 5.. defend fuminochi from some bad guy..

well hopefully,, it doesnt skip more chapter.. but yeah i want the best girl a.k.a sensei get her episode faster too.. lol..
JicaApr 14, 2019 10:20 AM
Apr 14, 2019 11:09 AM

Nov 2007
Jica said:
and i get why some people think yuiga doesnt have personality or something..

Nariyuki was quite good in the beginning of the manga but you cannot say the same after reading the major part of the manga. His character hit a brick wall pretty soon until the wall starts to show some cracks in the more recent chapters, but still not enough.

He has the nice guy tag on him but that's about it. Compare him with the scheming Fuutarou who is always riding his high horse, or the witty pervert Araragi always trying to take sniffs of the girls or the man amongst men Keima for dedicating his entire being to galge despite of being surrounded by beautiful females, or the great Harima for being the father of the dumb but fun delinquints like Yamada or Kazama later on in the romcom genre. Nariyuki pales in comparison.

Nariyuki is alright as an MC. He has been reduced to just a nice guy with the heart of a woman.

I don't see the appeal of him other than the fact that he is nice to everyone. He doesn't pack any real punch to actually think of him as a worthy MC. The reason is the author failed to build his character based on the initial promise. Tbh it is because of Nariyuki I don't consider the manga worthy of anything above a 7.
Coronavirus.
Apr 14, 2019 12:04 PM

Aug 2018
Aight, I already enjoy the new girl (both design & personality), it should be the closest to me : studying's tough & not really funny, yuck... But well you gotta do what you gotta do to ensure your future.

And next episode will feature a pinky-haired new girl, that will surely make things more interesting ! At this stage I'm wondering if they know girls can have other hair color than something flashy lol
Apr 14, 2019 12:09 PM

Feb 2014
shanimebib said:
Jica said:
and i get why some people think yuiga doesnt have personality or something..

Nariyuki was quite good in the beginning of the manga but you cannot say the same after reading the major part of the manga. His character hit a brick wall pretty soon until the wall starts to show some cracks in the more recent chapters, but still not enough.

He has the nice guy tag on him but that's about it. Compare him with the scheming Fuutarou who is always riding his high horse, or the witty pervert Araragi always trying to take sniffs of the girls or the man amongst men Keima for dedicating his entire being to galge despite of being surrounded by beautiful females, or the great Harima for being the father of the dumb but fun delinquints like Yamada or Kazama later on in the romcom genre. Nariyuki pales in comparison.

Nariyuki is alright as an MC. He has been reduced to just a nice guy with the heart of a woman.

I don't see the appeal of him other than the fact that he is nice to everyone. He doesn't pack any real punch to actually think of him as a worthy MC. The reason is the author failed to build his character based on the initial promise. Tbh it is because of Nariyuki I don't consider the manga worthy of anything above a 7.

Sigh, and here I was hoping for Nariyuki showing some affection towards one of them, turns out he was an average melancholic MC with brick heart

Guess it will never happen, huh....
Apr 14, 2019 3:04 PM

Nov 2011
I am going to try to avoid liking Uraka. She is my favorite compared to the other two at the moment but she has childhood friend/first crush syndrome. She wont win so why get my hopes up?

People keep praising Sensei but she seems like kind of a bitch at this point. Because someone is doing a better job then she is.

I'm sure ill get feedback with that post.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 14, 2019 3:07 PM

Jul 2017
Zei33 said:
Okay. What is with anime and characters that can't swim? What is this trope? Is this a Japanese thing?

It's like not knowing how to tie your shoe laces or ride a bike. It's just something you learn as you're growing up.

Am I just living in a country with a particularly high 'swimming literacy'? Do you guys actually know people that can't swim in real life?

I can't swim either :(
Apr 14, 2019 3:14 PM

Jul 2017
Jica said:

and i get why some people think yuiga doesnt have personality or something

For Americans having a personality means you have to be an intolerable asshole to constantly remind everyone of your high testosterone
Apr 14, 2019 7:28 PM

Jun 2015
so far takemoto is best girl and she actually looks like she has the highest chance to be with yuiga
Apr 14, 2019 7:32 PM

Oct 2015
another ep
another week without superior best girl
SMH

also, so many uraka fags SMH

So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Apr 14, 2019 10:45 PM

Jun 2013
best girl Uraka is here.
Apr 14, 2019 11:28 PM
Jul 2018
Much better animation and pacing

"maybe you can first show me how much fun English is"
"It isn't"
Oof
Apr 14, 2019 11:36 PM
Jul 2018
honeycrush said:

Considering the fact that childhood friends never win, probably not, but hey, you never know. I'm up to date with the manga and Uruka is 2nd in contention of "who will Nariyuki end up with"

Edit: Actually, that might be a little bit of a spoiler so I'm going to remove it
Apr 15, 2019 12:24 PM
Dec 2013
Well, Takemoto's here. She has a likable personality and all but I never liked her design because I find tan lines gross.

Ah, so Ogata can't swim just like Nariyuki. I guess I forgot/can't remember that despite being a manga reader.

And seriously, they skipped 2 chapters? That's a shame but the manga did have filler chapters and the anime is only 1-cour (though it could have multiple seasons), so it's inevitable for some chapters to be skipped instead of adapting every single chapter. But if that's the case, I personally would prefer the anime to mostly adapt chapters that focus on Ogata and Furuhashi.
wildhoodApr 15, 2019 12:31 PM
Apr 15, 2019 4:42 PM

Feb 2013
shimada_m said:
shanimebib said:

Sigh, and here I was hoping for Nariyuki showing some affection towards one of them, turns out he was an average melancholic MC with brick heart

Guess it will never happen, huh....

We Never Learn isn't about the romance in first place but about the career of the characters from college decisions, to getting better in school, to change of job and choice of career and so on. It's a romcom manga but the major part of the characters and the manga is about those, with romance coming later on in that matter.

Nariyuki is also a character with his own motivations and visions and not a generic MC at all. He even has his own chapters and mini arcs about his college choices and his life, along other things.

Anyway, I disagree with the person you quoted and I think that he's up there as one of the best mc on romcom harem due to how he is.
Apr 15, 2019 5:31 PM

Apr 2010
Woah, I haven't seen the name Uruka used since Eien no Aselia.
Apr 16, 2019 8:40 AM

May 2009
honeycrush said:

She torpedoes her own efforts everytime.
Apr 17, 2019 7:15 AM

Jan 2019
It's pretty solid. I kinda had it more blown up in my mind since I read the manga on Shonen Jump, and really liked it, but I'm definitely not disappointed in the anime adaptation.
Be happy with what you have to be happy with
Apr 17, 2019 8:11 PM

Oct 2008
Another Ebony tan-line mizugi girl added into the harem!
4/5.

Apr 18, 2019 4:09 AM

Dec 2018
Seems like this show is going to be way better than I expected! Keep it up!
Apr 18, 2019 7:47 AM

Dec 2016
Childhood friend character suddenly appears in the harem show, who would've thought THAT was gonna happen
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 18, 2019 3:59 PM

Feb 2016
The frist episode was mediocre, but the energy really rose with genki Memaid Uruka. I feel she will make the show worth watching. Clearly best girl.
Apr 19, 2019 9:06 PM

May 2015
Second episode in a row that I'm loving the soundtrack for the more slow, heartwarming scenes. Hope it keeps it up!
"More than anything, I wanted to protect her. Not cause it's my duty or what's expected of me, or anything like that. I wanted to protect her because of how amazing she is because I believe she's totally worth it. It's always been her, and it always will be...Forever."
Apr 20, 2019 5:56 AM
Jan 2018
Still don't see how this is the same as quintuplets
Apr 20, 2019 8:09 PM

Mar 2017
So they skipped the chapter in which Ogata and Furuhashi visits Nariyuki's house for the first time.
A "not so good" adaptation I would say. They are skipping some small jokes here and there too which actually made the source material so fun.
Also there's way too many still frames.
Apr 21, 2019 9:26 AM

Apr 2011
Gythia said:
honeycrush said:

Considering the fact that childhood friends never win, probably not, but hey, you never know. I'm up to date with the manga and Uruka is 2nd in contention of "who will Nariyuki end up with"

Edit: Actually, that might be a little bit of a spoiler so I'm going to remove it

Manaka first work had childhood friend win over "obvious" main hetoine. Authors second work had Uruka twin as protagonist. Don't underestimate author love for certain characters!

I am on date with manga too and I think Uruka has very good chance, maybe even best.
Apr 21, 2019 10:02 AM

Nov 2007
Tenzen12 said:
I am on date with manga too and I think Uruka has very good chance, maybe even best.

You really, really think so? T_T

I feel like she doesn't get the love she deserves. She is the first tan/genki girl I ever rooted for in a harem or love-triangle but why did she have to be this good?

I still feel that her tag of being in love with Nariyuki for all these years will be the sole reason for her not being able to be together with him like those 10,129 other manga.
Coronavirus.
May 24, 2019 12:26 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
All three girls are actually really cute! ;O; It's rare in an anime like this where I actually think the girls aren't incredibly annoying.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
May 25, 2019 11:53 PM

Feb 2018
Takemoto so sexy xD.
May 28, 2019 11:04 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
“Maybe tutoring isn't this bad,” he says at the end of the episode. If tutoring was like this, heck, even I would consider
it you lucking jerk. I really hate that the main character had to follow the traditional dumb naive girl magnet.
I'm sure it's not a coincidence how the new girl has violet hair color, the exact mix between red and blue. She's also the combination of those two other girls. The trio that compliments each other, I like it.
Jun 3, 2019 12:37 PM

Aug 2017
That scene in the end when the lights were out was so forced and stupid. I'm finding the MC super bland.

I liked the ending lmao. Funny.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 1, 2019 1:47 AM

Sep 2012
he better marry all 3 😂😂😂

the blackout part 😂😂😂
Jul 2, 2019 9:27 AM

Jul 2016
Funnier than the first episode, I like Fumino more for now but let's see
Oct 25, 2019 9:42 PM

Aug 2017
New girl is pretty hot. A bit obnoxious though. Mediocre cartoon so far.

Feb 9, 2020 8:48 AM

Jul 2015
The new girl Takemoto seems kind of a pain in the ass to have as student but is the first to show affection so far, I root for her succes in romance

Apr 3, 2020 9:02 PM

Feb 2014
Uruka was already in love with the MC since they where younger, she hates studing (just like me in HS) and she brings the fanservice to the show with all those bikini scenes and shots, what is there not to love about her?
Best girl, cheering for her.
Sep 26, 2020 10:19 PM

Aug 2018
The black girl acts super cute and I like it but shes black :(

May 8, 2021 2:15 PM

Apr 2013
The new girl is really good, I like her already. This had some funny scenes and cute moments, so far I'm really enjoying this.
Mar 29, 2023 3:45 PM

Sep 2022
really like takemoto's energy and enthusiasm on her athletic career
Jul 18, 2023 12:18 AM

Jul 2021
never watched something this boring before. stopping with this ep for now.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 17, 2023 1:38 AM
Jul 2018
Oh look Miku has come
May 26, 2:26 PM

May 2019
I thought that this episode was good and entertaining with scenes such as when the power went out at Yuiga's house and the girls working together to help Uruka memorize some English words.

Speaking of new girl Uruka, she reminds me of Nagatoro (another series) in that they're both swimmers, are tanned, and even have similar personalities.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2019

176 by Nezukokawai16 »»
Jul 2, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2019

112 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
Jun 10, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2019

73 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
Jun 7, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2019

74 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
Jun 6, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2019

97 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
Jun 2, 1:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.