Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2020 11:21 AM

Dec 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
a new graduate student character arrives named Yamamoto. kinda hard to put my finger on what role she is supposed to have. a threat? a comedic character? mangaka's self-insert? guess we'll find out later on

tfw you ship the supporting cast pair more than the main duo
Feb 14, 2020 9:08 AM

May 2018
Did anybody notices Kande wearing not the usual black blouse and khaki skirt, but a pink blouse and blue skirt, for the 1st half????

Well well. she finally appears.....................
JiangHaoyi1979Feb 14, 2020 9:27 AM
Feb 14, 2020 9:38 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That new girl seems weird, she wants to make a manga about them... interesting, hype for the summer camp.
Feb 14, 2020 9:41 AM
Sep 2015
I'm disappointed that she's not yaoi artist.
Feb 14, 2020 10:37 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Seems the one invention that the lab's leader needs is a durable alarm clock. When faced with the intellect of Ayame and Yukimura though i guess its understandable to feel inadequate. Despite her words looks like Ena was fearful that Kosuke would leave after all. Hmm collecting saliva to get the hormones sure is some high level stuff in relation to their experiment. Ayame's determination to erase the vid of her drunk self though was pretty amusing. As was the disclaimer. To think that a graduate of the lab will end up becoming a manga artist though. Still her personality is rather interesting given the two sides of it. Overall an excellent ep as always that did well to expand Ena and Kousuke's characters while also introducing a rather curious new character in the form of Arika. Curious to see how the training camp will go given the new girl's nature.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 14, 2020 11:28 AM

Mar 2017
If the mangaka woman is gonna force them to be more romantic then I definitely like her haha That said, Ibarada seems wary of her which is alarming...

That scene where Himuro and Yukimura were hugging was hilarious and Rikekuma's lesson on Oxytocin was amazing haha
Feb 14, 2020 12:22 PM

Feb 2019
The ED should really be the OP of this show , it's too fucking good. So we got a new girl on the scene and things are about to get meta af with the mangaka literally self inserting lol. Instead of questioning the whole manga situation, they're just excited to get more data.

I wish this show wasn't so underrated, picked up the manga last week and looking forward to starting it. Such a fun and relaxing story. Also nice to see romance take place in a grad school environment for once instead of HS. Relatable.
Feb 14, 2020 12:27 PM
May 2017
When you think this anime couldn't be more illogical they introduced a new character who is a science lab alumnus somehow ended up becoming a mangaka.

Wut???
Feb 14, 2020 12:56 PM

Dec 2014
Nice a manga artist joins in
Feb 14, 2020 1:11 PM

Aug 2013
Don't worry Kosuke, I'm also in love with Ibarada.

Feb 14, 2020 2:06 PM

Oct 2008
This is going to be more chaotically hilarious with the addition of Ikeda Lab Alumnus Manga Artist Yamamoto Arika!
that happiness face of Ibarada @ scene [07:55] is such kira kira gloriousness!
5/5.

Feb 14, 2020 2:47 PM

Mar 2010
New girl just seemed evil asf, as if to sabotage the entire operation. Whilst having a laugh making a manga.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 14, 2020 4:53 PM

Sep 2017
You know the idea of using an algorithm to find the true ending the quickest is basically a shortest path algorithm on some type of graph. I can already come up with a few ways to relate the two so it'd probably be an interesting project. Also this show is going meta on us.
Feb 14, 2020 5:23 PM
Jun 2017
ohh an alumnus came... lets see how she can affect the said research...
Feb 14, 2020 7:54 PM

Mar 2016
Marinate1016 said:
The ED should really be the OP of this show...

I thought I was alone on this.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Feb 14, 2020 8:44 PM

Jan 2013
i like how the new girl is pretty much based on the author with that similar name lol...and thus the source material was born in this episode XD
Feb 14, 2020 9:13 PM
Jan 2017
As the science group prepares for their trip to Okinawa, Inukai gets an idea for his thesis, while Yukimura and Himuro get a hilarious oxytocin moment. It has to be seen to be believed! They must also deal with the arrival of Yamamoto, who will likely make things even more interesting than they already are for the science group. Sorry, Kanade, looks like you're still the only normal person in the lab. With the trip to Okinawa coming up, I'm really looking forward to see what happens next.
Feb 14, 2020 10:14 PM

Sep 2012
Not going to lie, it's amusing how they keep dropping the delayed embarassment bombs.

Also, whatever streaming site took this anime, they're airing weekly title that was aired in entirety at once, and still can't be fucking arsed to typeset it? It's straight up atrocious, and almost unwatchable at some points without taking a peek at manga scans.
Feb 14, 2020 10:29 PM
Jul 2018
Kousuke got the best research ever. Ibadara's reaction after he say that about the lab was priceless.
Next we have the beach episode.XD
Feb 15, 2020 1:28 AM

Oct 2017
Torasuke and Ibarada should start dating, I really ship em. The new girl is kinda giving scary vibes for now but o well lets see what happens in the camp.
Feb 15, 2020 1:31 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Rytakahashi09 said:
When you think this anime couldn't be more illogical they introduced a new character who is a science lab alumnus somehow ended up becoming a mangaka.

Wut???

Haha, this came across my mind as well. I'm sure there are people who get their masters and end up doing something entirely different. But this is definitely an unusual path.
Feb 15, 2020 2:06 AM

Feb 2019
That ibarada's reaction was so damn cute

Feb 15, 2020 4:08 AM

Jul 2017
What the hell, Torasuke! Please be diligent in your work...and instead Head Prof Ikeda gives him the proper topic of combatting everyday stuff with science topics, but for a start, his own self-interest. Damn, he and Ibarada should start to be like Yukimura and Himuro.

In any other case, the duo's research on oxytocin is legit enough as a base hormone of the body. But the party the last episode pretty much screwed them up while data is immensely available.

To make things better (or worse), an alumnus descends, and quote-unquote, mangaka Yamamoto (get the reference of the author of this series?). The funny parts are still the banter between the men and ladies, but to tell this to a regular person, it becomes even funnier.

Next episode, summer camp!
Feb 15, 2020 7:30 AM

Feb 2008
Ibarada was cute.

Of course, whenever she was not giving the new character the glare of death. There ought to be quite a backstory to that.

No more smooth sailing from this point on, I suppoose.
Feb 15, 2020 12:17 PM

Mar 2019
Feb 15, 2020 6:24 PM
Jan 2017
Anyone know the VA of that mangaka ?
Great and funny ep
Feb 16, 2020 9:33 AM

Nov 2014
well it finally reached the recent translated chapter from the source(18/19) ...

aha... science methodology in game :D
nice idea came from professor Ikeda, using Kosuke's favorites things to attract and encourage him doing his research ( np-hard on Eroge/Galge tho XD reminding me of some shortest path alogirthm, and chaos theory one football kick), that cute KosukexIbarada moments :D.

the saliva's and oxytoxin's thingy seems orignal, didn't found it in the source IIRC, well that Oxytoxin blast tho and daym YukimuraxHimuro were freaking adorable when hugging each other and ends up exploding in embarassment hahaha.

and finally, the new character a.k.a representation of the mangaka himself LOL ( i just realized both of them share same last name, Yamamoto)

I wonder how she'll spice up the YukimuraxHimuro and others day in the Summer Camp as her precious reference on her manga( well, it quite funny remembering how the actual mangaka, Yamamoto-Sensei as her reference person)

Can't wait for the Summer Festival in the next episode >_<
Feb 17, 2020 9:04 PM

Nov 2013
Marinate1016 said:
The ED should really be the OP of this show , it's too fucking good. So we got a new girl on the scene and things are about to get meta af with the mangaka literally self inserting lol. Instead of questioning the whole manga situation, they're just excited to get more data.

I wish this show wasn't so underrated, picked up the manga last week and looking forward to starting it. Such a fun and relaxing story. Also nice to see romance take place in a grad school environment for once instead of HS. Relatable.

So with you on the grad school romance part! Seeing it always be some high school setting gets tiresome after a while. :/
"The most painful lesson one can learn is letting go, but everything in this world is connected and nothing's truly ever gone. She will always be a part of me." -Eiri
Feb 18, 2020 4:14 AM

May 2019
Damn, now there's two couples I want to root for. I don't want this anime to end - it's anime of the season rn for me

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Feb 20, 2020 6:50 AM

May 2009
Dramy said:
Anyone know the VA of that mangaka ?
Great and funny ep

It's Yui Ogura...
Feb 20, 2020 10:07 AM
Jan 2018
Yep she seems to be the authors self insert
Feb 20, 2020 12:30 PM

Dec 2016
tingy said:
Rytakahashi09 said:

Wut???

Haha, this came across my mind as well. I'm sure there are people who get their masters and end up doing something entirely different. But this is definitely an unusual path.

Well, The Witcher author is an economist by education. ;)
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Mar 1, 2020 8:32 AM

Apr 2011
I like Kousuke and Ibarada's pairing~

Oh, a manga artist. Seems like things are gonna be more fun xD

Mar 2, 2020 12:36 AM

May 2016
mshitsugaya10 said:
I like Kousuke and Ibarada's pairing
The only reason I keep watching this show is because of them.
Mar 5, 2020 7:54 PM
Review Moderator
Mar 2018
Nice to see Ibarada smile. Interesting new character, wonder how she will add to the chemistry of their interactions.

Floating Around...

"You're loved as deeply as the ocean reaches"

Mar 21, 2020 5:41 PM

Apr 2016
A summer trip to Okinawa? That's bound to be interesting in more ways than one. I can't say I like this new girl; she seems rather sketchy.
May 6, 2020 6:56 AM

Apr 2011
Lol. That Mangaka seems bad news based on Ibarada's expression. Our little senpai has one heck of a smile. I wonder if we'll see more progress into their pairing. Also at Yukimura not deleting Himuro's drunk confession scene is hilarious. Too fun to watch.
Sep 2, 2020 12:15 AM

Jul 2015
I really didn't need to see the bear poking the bodybuilder's nipple...dammit science.

Man the author of this series, Alfred Yamamoto, really was desperate to research love considering he just self-inserted female version of himself into the story. Well time for beach episode!

Oct 8, 2020 12:21 PM

Feb 2018
I don't quite like this new character Arika, and after finishing this series that feeling got reinforced.

I just like another character for the sake of it, or a way for the mangaka to introduce herself into the world as a plot tool when needed. Still, she can be erased from any episode and it the story could work w/o her and it would be better for it.
Oct 30, 2020 6:26 AM

Oct 2010
this anime gets better and better,
torasuke is making a study into VNs best ending routes, main couple has fun hugging like it's the end of the world, a random mangaka appears that apparently was an alumnus at a science lab, of course, she even wears the mangaka cap because cliche, and now she wants to make a manga out of this couple which is the exact story of the manga that is being adapted for us viewers, then an ecchi fanservice episode in Okinawa
5/5 this episode
Nov 17, 2020 8:58 AM

May 2020
Seems Yamamoto is dark character. VN explanation for new knowledge, thanks for this episode.
sharosharoNov 17, 2020 9:13 AM
Jul 20, 2021 1:09 PM

Apr 2018
Kosuke will be researching EROTIC games. Ibarada's smile after Kosuke gave a whole speech about how he feels in the lab was SO CUTE. And the rejection was even better. Kanade's reaction after he asked for her saliva LOL.

The thighs once again, perfection.
Oxytocin is.. IS..? idk
A manga artist joined the lab.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 5, 2022 4:52 AM

Dec 2020
new character appears! science info graduate turned mangaka. thats interestin lol
May 16, 2022 7:30 AM

May 2020
If only the researchers were free to do whatever they want, like researching the true end of dating sims. This series knows no bounds.

Also a mangaka who's a fellow a masters degree holder, well definitely something you don't see everyday.
Jul 12, 2022 5:50 AM

Jan 2020
I'm somewhat surprised Inukai hasn't already made the focus of his research gaming and the like. At least he has something of a goal now. Though, I'm not sure if creating an algorithm for finding a true ending is a good idea. When it comes to gaming, it seems like the process of trial and error is half of the fun. Jumping to a perfect ending just seems a bit dull.

Well, I'm not sure if the addition of Yamamoto will be a good thing or not. But, the last thing we need is another slow romance. If she can lead them into the throws of the night, I say bring it on.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Sep 15, 2022 7:51 AM

Jul 2019
Kosuke have found his way and Ibarada seems to like what she sees!

Tha mangaka is fun, though I have no idea why Ibarada seems vary.
Nov 26, 2022 1:11 PM

Aug 2018
Hm.. Wonder, why Ena raised this idea of Kosuke leaving the lab group.. Hard to read emotion, but somehow her face has closeup.. So it was somewhat important?.. But in which direction?.. Did she want Kosuke to leave?.. Did she play into teacher getting anxious, and so coming up with some idea, what happened in the end?.. Was she concerned about potential outcome of Kosuke leaving?.. Was she glad about the idea?.. I can't read anything in this situation, to be honest..
Mmm.. Can't you just find guide for endings and routes?.. Well, maybe some less popular VNs don't have them.. But less popular VNs also usually are not too complicated.. So they usually have guides anyway..
Hm.. Somehow Arika is portrayed as potentially.. Different character.. Maybe sad about something?.. About what?.. Maybe as if plotting something?.. But what exactly?..
Jan 9, 2023 12:29 PM

Apr 2013
Hmm not sure about that new character yet, I feel like they should give the already present characters more screentime.
Apr 15, 2023 8:51 AM

Aug 2019
ibarada knows somethings gonna happen

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 19, 2023 5:48 AM

Dec 2022
To think that Yukimura has secretly recorded a video of Himuro being completely drunk during that drinking party! Man, that was LEGENDARY! Lmao

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Stray - Jan 13, 2020

118 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 18, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

uninstallthegame - Jan 13, 2020

56 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 21, 6:20 AM

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

52 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 12, 6:04 PM

» Should I?

Jai_akash - Jan 6

12 by MK17_2 »»
Jan 8, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 9 Discussion

49 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 5, 2:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.