Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 13, 2020 12:10 PM

Dec 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
and the drama build-up continues! to be honest this artificial drama at first made me groan real hard, but closer towards the end of the episode it was such hilarious copycat of k-dramas, or rather any dramatic romance movies
it's pretty obvious how will this all conclude in the final episode, but nevertheless, there's might be a twist of some sort

Mar 6, 2020 9:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Poor Himuro, I felt bad for her, but i'm sure the next and last episode will have an happy ending for them ! Only one episode left... I will miss this show
Mar 6, 2020 9:33 AM

Jan 2014
Yooo those school kids got roasted so hard lmao.

Holy shit that ending.
Mar 6, 2020 10:17 AM

Aug 2013
Things didn't go well for Himuro. Now it's Yukimura's turn to set things right.

Mar 6, 2020 10:25 AM

May 2018
Oh no too bad for that glass case.......

Of course it obvious as to who did it.
Mar 6, 2020 11:26 AM

Oct 2012
Terrible Rikekuma segment but otherwise not a bad build-up to the finally which I'm sure will be a happy ending whether they they truly discover what love is or not.
Mar 6, 2020 11:39 AM
May 2017
Unnecessary soap opera
Mar 6, 2020 11:58 AM

Feb 2019
Next episode will inevitably conclude with a kiss and a nice makeup scene between Himuro and Yukimura and I'm so excited to see it.

I love how we got to see the origins of Himuro's feelings towards Yukimura and some more of her backstory. For so much of her life, due to her passions and intelligence she felt so isolated from the rest of the world and alone. Yukimura is the only person she's ever met that's actually on her wavelength. Although, I do wish she'd have at least given high school dude a shot!

Yukimura, bro, women's feelings are not rationale lol. You're going to hurt yourself with all those numbers on something that can't be quantified, just talk to her!

Can't believe we only got one more ep of this left, really sad to see it go, definitely one of the most slept on shows of the year so far. Ended up picking up the manga because of how much I love this series.

See y'all next week!
Mar 6, 2020 12:01 PM
Mar 2015
Well that did not work
Mar 6, 2020 12:27 PM

Mar 2017
It's so strange; Yukimura & Himuro aren't dating and they constantly argue but seeing one without the other just isn't right... they need to make up NOW! haha

Bet it was that bitch who broke the case... I didn't trust her the whole time; if Ibarada doesn't like her there's got to be a good reason.

I can't believe it's the last episode next week already! I'm praying this gets another season; it's so funny and I'm invested in waaay too many ships not to see them to the end haha
Mar 6, 2020 2:26 PM

Jul 2017
godammit it's obviously that a-hole glasses lady who broke the case, looked suspicious from the start

but whew, that felt like some bollywood drama lmao
Mar 6, 2020 3:34 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Yukimura's reaction to Ayame's interrogation was priceless. The severity of it though proved to be quite surprising. Ayame and Yukimura though sure have a rather rare talent in being able to shock a person by presenting theories. The insight into Himuro's high school days though sure was insightful. Even back then it seems that there was quite the distance between her and her peers. It was cute seeing Himuro and company shop for gifts though its also just like her to create an thesis as an apology. Though the apology plan for Himuro did not go as planned it seems Yukimura is also about to strike back as well. Though have to say the damage incurred by Himuro as a result of this failure was pretty high so hopefully Yukimura will be able to prevent any further damage to her heart. It seems that the manga artist is secretly sabotaging the plans though. Can't wait to see how this ends next week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2020 7:09 PM
Jan 2017
I was worried that the previous episode's ending would lead to some artificial and forced drama, but fortunately, this show knows how to subvert expectations. While there's conflict between Yukimura and Himuro, the episode remains true to their characters and our leads attempt to do a reconciliation, in their own way, of course. We also catch a glimpse at Himuro's childhood and for all her pride in her appearance and intellect, deep down she just wants some meaningful human companionship. All of this is capped off by a beautiful vocal performance, but then again, did you expected anything else from Sora Amamiya? Now that we have reached the endgame, I'm looking forward to see how the reconciliation between Yukimura and Himuro will develop. This has been an amazing show and I'll be sad to see it go, so hopefully, it will deliver a satisfying conclusion.
Mar 6, 2020 9:37 PM

Feb 2015
That was all pretty stupid. Talk about bad latino soap opera drama. She's got literally no valid logical or emotional grounds for anger. Especially when she's all happy with the girl. "I 'seem' like an annoy woman" my ass, if that wasn't annoying, nothing is. Talk about a bunch of forced and unnecessary drama. I hate it when SOLs add this kinda crap at the end for no reason other than to add a superficial bang at the end of an anime.
Mar 6, 2020 9:53 PM
Apr 2018
Lol me on the other hand thought I'm watching a Mexican telenovela.
Mar 6, 2020 10:39 PM

Oct 2017
Ofc as all guys Yukimura failed to answer properly when faced against the legendary question lmao.

Felt bad for Himuro, all she wanted was to cuddle with Yukimura but she's nowhere near that.
Mar 7, 2020 12:16 AM

May 2019
Wtf why'd that bitch break the glasses case!!!! I'm so confused lmao.

Mar 7, 2020 12:22 AM

Oct 2010
This was so stupid. It was basically Raku and Chitoge during the Romeo and Juliet arc all over again - Himuro acting like an utter bitch for no justifiable reason and even slapping the protagonist when he did absolutely nothing wrong, and now it's up to him to make up for her own bitchiness. Brilliant, if Yukimura actually apologies first because of Himuro's own stupidity then I'm gonna rate this show a lot lower than I originally would have. This episode really killed my enjoyment of the show.
Mar 7, 2020 12:51 AM

Oct 2013
Madara31 said:
This was so stupid. It was basically Raku and Chitoge during the Romeo and Juliet arc all over again - Himuro acting like an utter bitch for no justifiable reason and even slapping the protagonist when he did absolutely nothing wrong, and now it's up to him to make up for her own bitchiness. Brilliant, if Yukimura actually apologies first because of Himuro's own stupidity then I'm gonna rate this show a lot lower than I originally would have. This episode really killed my enjoyment of the show.

Dude everything you said was what I thought too.
Made me just pissed, cause the premises of the show is about how super intellectual science types would be in love......and then they literally have her do every single thing a stupid bitch would do! And that slap was messed up, yes what he said was dumb when coming from an emotional stand point of any normal person but the dude is not a normal guy so what he said made since to him. But to slap the man oh hell nah.
Mar 7, 2020 12:55 AM

Oct 2013
Was starting to get aggravated at the show a few eps ago and doesn't look like it's gonna get better. So now I'm just gonna continue to complete it, can't see myself giving it more than a 4/10 by the time it's done. Sad, it had much potential.
Mar 7, 2020 2:37 AM

Dec 2014
hmm the drama really build up...last episode huh
Mar 7, 2020 5:36 AM

Mar 2019
How can even the drama in this anime is impossible to be taken serious! LOL I luv it !!
Mar 7, 2020 6:17 AM

Feb 2008
Even Yukimura was not able to properly answer the question of the ages. No wonder... Aika's bloodbath ending was a nice touch to exemplify Yukimura's wrongdoing, though.

That mangaka really did her worst, did she not? Seeing Himuro's spirit crushed was heart-rending, particularly considering her flashbacks.

At least Yukimura was unfazed by Yamamoto's attempt to drive a wedge between him and Himuro.
Mar 7, 2020 10:15 AM

Jun 2019
I should have expected this type of episode when the show started and yet the comedy and science blinded me to it. This is the logical arc to take to bring their feelings to the forefront, but it's still groan worthy.

Is there any other way to make the two MCs realize their feelings for one another in a romance anime, without it devolving into misunderstandings and angst? Someone should write a thesis on that.
Mar 7, 2020 1:56 PM

Aug 2014
Damn, I didn't expect this to get heavy for a second. Looking forward to the last episode.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 7, 2020 4:39 PM

Mar 2010
Emotions are always the catalyst for any relationship, You must include all emotions even the most evil or bland ones. Like boredom. Kinda saw this coming, every relationship is shit cause of jealousy. At least she acknowledges her own downfalls. Most wamen will simply brush it off and continue being irrational emotional monkeys (from my own exp) lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 7, 2020 10:23 PM

Oct 2008
this episode was sweet and a lot of different feelings but it's not yet finished because this time Yukimura-sempai is the one that needs to man-up and work-out things to Himuro-sempai
5/5.

Mar 8, 2020 5:33 AM

Sep 2015
Whoa that mangaka really is a heartless bitch, why would you do that to someone o.o
Mar 8, 2020 7:14 AM

Jun 2019
According to Ibarada, this manga writer is a real team killer. But, in my opinion, she is trying to improve their relationship.
lettuce<3
Mar 8, 2020 7:58 AM

May 2016
I don't think that girl is that bad cause I doubt they make her look like that in this show.
Mar 8, 2020 1:53 PM

Jun 2019
Damn manga girl just intentionally causing issues just for writing material, what a bitch. Sucks there's only one episode left, this has been one of my favorites for this season
Mar 8, 2020 3:58 PM

Jul 2017
Oh man, the fiasco between Yukimura and Himuro only got worse after what happened last episode. The misunderstandings...Himuro just screams foul with Yukimura's actions (and here comes the soap opera!).

Sadly, the inhabitants of Ikeda Lab are helpless to this situation, and mangaka Yamamoto isn't making things any better. Even in a relationship (that's so unlike one), both sides have evidence they want to acknowledge to each other, but for arguments as such, science doesn't cut it.

And that comes to the question: WHY (for the love of God) does these 2 MCs always attempt to solve it with science, when simple logic and reasoning will do? Kinda of an eccentric couple, but very used to it at this point.

The last-ditch efforts to reconcile with Yukimura...got bewitched by Yamamoto (and I mean, literally). It's not her fault (and now it's Yukimura's turn), but due to how much this episode relies on soap opera, I just found myself disconnected with this episode after coming this far.

Just hope the ending sticks its landing.
Mar 9, 2020 12:14 AM
Jul 2018
Bruh I felt bad for Himuro :(
Mar 9, 2020 1:48 PM
Review Moderator
Mar 2018
Hmm, this mangaka seems a little suspicious...
Looking forward to the last episode.

Floating Around...

"You're loved as deeply as the ocean reaches"

Mar 9, 2020 9:49 PM

Sep 2018
That's so dramatic.
Mar 10, 2020 3:30 AM

May 2019
Only one episode left :( I hope there's gonna be a second season

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Mar 11, 2020 7:25 AM
Jan 2018
Oh great. Uninspired, unnecessary and contrived melodrama to add to the low quality visuals and terribly repetitive comedy. I didn't think this show would become any worse but it did.
Apr 6, 2020 4:04 PM

Jan 2012
Madara31 said:

You summed up my feelings perfectly. I feel like this show just completely missed its target demographic.
Apr 10, 2020 11:43 AM

Nov 2014
"A Woman Jealousy" and "Man Always at Wrong" huh.. XD.
this episode really described it perfectly, especially with the way Himuro showed her jealousy and the lack of understanding Yukimura had.

and they still thinking it in scientifical way XD ( their analysis...., poor Kanade and Kosuke XD tho... dat analytical and scientific reasoning toward their case)

and in the end a little bad touch from Yamamoto quite good to building up the finale with a great confession i assume. can't wait to see them "YumiuraxHimuro" in the finale XD.
Apr 15, 2020 1:23 PM

Feb 2019
Drama was a bit intense at last. At least it will reach the conclusion.
Apr 29, 2020 3:17 AM

Sep 2014
Madara31 said:

Couldn't say it better. And I really can't understand the people who said "poor Himuro", did we watched the same f* episode?!
Nothing important. Keep scrolling.
Sep 2, 2020 6:42 AM

Jul 2015
Even though Yukimura was wrong with hugging Kanade imo (probably other ways to help her) it's sad that he undergoes Himuro's jealousy despite not having done anything wrong. Well glad that Himuro realised that and tried to reconcile but damn I knew that self-inserted mangaka was going to stir up some trouble.

Nov 17, 2020 10:11 AM

May 2020
Jan 24, 2021 3:15 AM
Feb 2016
I honestly don’t understand how Yukimira was in the wrong, I mean, if Himuro wanted to hug him then she should have just said it! Communicate with him.
Hugs aren’t always romantic displays of affection... it’s just a homie comforting another homie!
And like geez, she didn’t have to slap him.
Jul 20, 2021 1:59 PM

Apr 2018
I don't understand how Himuro can tak like that. They're not even dating. Even if her feelings are true. Everything was for an experiment. What Yukimaru did to Kanade wasn't even that bad. Just a hug to make her relax. I guess you can't even do that as friends.

Well nevermind she knew that she was wrong, I take back everything that I said. She's waifu material. And Yamato ruined her apology..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 6, 2022 6:11 AM

Dec 2020
himuro did that while in an irrational state of mind where she's driven by jealousy and frustration, also feeling like she was being led on without knowing it but yeah it was wrong to do. im glad she reflected on it fast and tried to reconcile soon after.

kousuke knows his shittt LMAO the answers to "do you know why im mad" all being wrong was hilarious.

okay but himuro trying to calm herself down at the end BROKEEE ME??? "think logically, correct your appearances, always boldly beautifully" (something like that) it was like words to comfort herself right?? FUCKDKHEUS i
May 16, 2022 11:56 AM

May 2020
Was kinda obvious it'd turn out like this, but still Himuro was in wrong there. Even after getting the whole circumstances spelled out to her, she was rash in her judgement. Though good thing, she realised every bit of it.

Mangaka was suspicious from the get go, and seems like she really did stand up to her reputation towards the end.
Jun 20, 2022 7:50 PM
Feb 2020
"There are times in this world when presenting a sound argument isn't what you should do, I guess..."
That's why people are usually such a pain in the ass. And it's disappointing how the show tried to use such cheap drama to create unnecessary tenstion between these two protagonists.
Jul 12, 2022 7:45 AM

Jan 2020
For being such a big red flag at the time of her entrance, Yamamoto has sort of ended up not really even being involved at all. I mean, she could basically not be here and everything would play out the exact same as it has. Although, it looks like she may've done something this episode? I guess they'll clarify in the finale.

The misunderstanding wasn't too bad in my opinion. They sort of subverted the cliché and used it to focus on probing deeper into Yukimura's character. So, all-in-all a pretty interesting episode.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this season wraps up.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 8, 2022 9:44 PM
Jun 2021
This episode is the one which made me rate the series even lower..
Too much forced drama.. literally copying soap opera and himuro acting like a bitch...like she was so horny that she slap someone with valid reason...

And if the final episode will be like this
..then my love for this anime will be decrease.
DynamicGuy
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Stray - Jan 13, 2020

118 by Archean-Return »»
Yesterday, 12:59 PM

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

uninstallthegame - Jan 13, 2020

52 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 12, 6:04 PM

» Should I?

Jai_akash - Jan 6

12 by MK17_2 »»
Jan 8, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 9 Discussion

49 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 5, 2:22 AM

Poll: » Rikei ga Koi ni Ochita no de Shoumei shitemita. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

54 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 20, 2023 7:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.