Forum Settings
Forums

What's your most hated anime fanbase and why

New
Nov 16, 2019 12:15 AM

Oct 2019
I'm sure most people have those fanbases that they just don't like for whatever reason and I'm curious as to what people think.
I've found that most fanbases people hate are ones for really hyped and popular shows which makes sense since they would be the shows with the most fans so there's more of a chance that there'll be annoying people.

I don't have one in particular that I hate but fanbases of an anime that isn't even about romance where ships have taken over everything are probably what I find the most annoying. Sometimes I just wanna discuss theories and what was cool about an episode but I can't do that when everyone is screaming about why you should or shouldn't ship something that won't even become canon.

I'm not trying to start fights here so if a fan base you're a part of is mentioned don't get cut and just understand that the general fanbase or majority of fans doesn't always include you specifically.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 16, 2019 12:25 AM

Mar 2012
My answer to these sort of questions will always be Kyo Kara Maoh, I hate how the entire fanbase is all about defending and romanticizing Wolfram's bad actions and being a bit too obsessed with shipping him with Yuuri while demonizing/hating on other better, more decent characters for that sake.
Nov 16, 2019 12:34 AM

Oct 2013
I don't really have a specific fanbase I hate. None of them have given me any trouble personally,so I have no reason to hate them.

If anything I find some of them really annoying at worst, and I'm equally as annoyed by the hatedoms, if not more so at times.
Nov 16, 2019 2:07 AM

Feb 2019
I don't really hate entire naruto fandom but those guys are annoying af especially the ones who write an entire essay on how naruto is greatest anime in existance. There is this same thing with FMA:B fandom but I haven't watched that show so I can't judge them but their obsession with score is very annoying especially when they downvote every single anime that comes close to FMA:B.
Nov 16, 2019 2:12 AM

Jul 2015
hunter x hunter (2011) fanbase : just say that chimera ant arc suck and you will get all the hate in the world
Rezero fanbase : brainless emilia fangays
Nisekoi fanbase : brainless gorilla fags

Nov 16, 2019 2:15 AM

Oct 2013
cythraul said:
I don't really hate entire naruto fandom but those guys are annoying af especially the ones who write an entire essay on how naruto is greatest anime in existance. There is this same thing with FMA:B fandom but I haven't watched that show so I can't judge them but their obsession with score is very annoying especially when they downvote every single anime that comes close to FMA:B.

As an FMA:B fan I have to agree it is pretty sad how much they care about keeping that #1 spot.
Nov 16, 2019 2:21 AM

May 2018
Vinland Saga fanbase: They create bot and down vote Mo Dao Zu Shi 2 and Chihayafuru 3 just because they both rated higher than Vinland Saga in currently air anime.

Hunter x Hunter fanbase: Sorry,Hunter x Hunter don't have good writing. Credit mostly goes to Madhouse adaptation. Any other studio does Hunter x Hunter,it won't receive positive reception it has now.
Nov 16, 2019 2:48 AM

Jun 2016
Vinland Saga. Seinen anime with a fanbase full of angsty teens. Oh well, most of them are fans of Attack On Titan too
Nov 16, 2019 3:17 AM

Oct 2019
I guess Vinland Saga. They bitch that their show is not popular enough because the average anime fan can't understand the complexity of a more realistic setting and tone. whenever anyone says something negative about the show they get dismissed as a shounentard and get told to “go back to your easy to understand shounen battle anime with titties flying across the screen every 5 minutes”.
Nov 16, 2019 3:22 AM

Dec 2015
Gorochu said:
Vinland Saga fanbase: They create bot and down vote Mo Dao Zu Shi 2 and Chihayafuru 3 just because they both rated higher than Vinland Saga in currently air anime.

Both those shows are rated lower than Vinland Saga, go ahead and check.
Nov 16, 2019 3:29 AM

Dec 2013
shounen battle anime fans. they almost always are young / havent seen many shows yet are very set in their opinions
Nov 16, 2019 3:31 AM

May 2019
Bobby2Hands said:
Gorochu said:

Yep, because they succeded in lowering their score. Just look at Chihayafuru, its mean was like 8.67 last week.

---

I hate every single fandom who obsesses over the anime they love and belittle the others.
bluninjaNov 16, 2019 3:34 AM
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Nov 16, 2019 3:32 AM

Jan 2016
Bobby2Hands said:
Gorochu said:

Chihayafuru 3 passed Vinland Saga about 3 days ago, then some salty fan started creating spam accounts to lower the rating. Check the Chihayafuru comments and the stats, it's pretty easy to see.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Nov 16, 2019 3:37 AM

Oct 2015
Bobby2Hands said:
Gorochu said:

Yeah, guess how that happened...

OT: I dunno, any hardcore fans in general. They're rather difficult and unpleasant to interact with.
Nov 16, 2019 3:49 AM

May 2015
I hated the rascal bunny girl fanbase so much when it was popular. Having watched the show when it was airing I think it wasnt as good as it was made out to be. it was a harem anime with extra steps to make it seem more complex. In my opinion there was so much superb anime ( Karakuri Circus for example) that went beyond it in plot that cour and it upset me to see them all get buried by guys that called the bunny girl show godly just because they liked the appearance of one character. In almost every discord server i was in they always were freaking out about it calling every other anime bad and it got so annoying. Thats just my opinion on the topic though.
My Candies:
Nov 16, 2019 3:58 AM

Aug 2018
BnHA fan base.

1 - They think that battle shounens are the best genre.
2 - They think that BnHA is the best shounen.
3 - They are so hyped AF.
4 - They insult other battle shounens.
5 - They are salty AF.
Nov 16, 2019 4:00 AM

Jan 2015
fate, bnha, re:zero (the rem fans, which is sadly majority) , demon slayer fanbases are the worst and cringiest by far. (in this order)
Nov 16, 2019 4:09 AM

May 2018
Bobby2Hands said:
Gorochu said:

No,they were rated higher than Vinland Saga before. Here it was rated 8.57 before it surpass Vinland Saga rating.

It actually got 8.60 at one point and then the Vinland Saga trolls create bot to down vote it.

There's even thread discussing about it but of course, mod will close it soon.
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1811115
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1810966

Mo Dao Zu Shi 2, when still at status airing also at one point got higher rating than Vinland Saga but then because of down vote,it got lower.
Papa_ScorchNov 16, 2019 4:15 AM
Nov 16, 2019 5:10 AM

Feb 2015
I don't think there is a big difference in fanbases, they all pretty similar to me. But I guess the rule of thumb is, the more popular and hyped a show is, the worse the fans are (because these shows attract newbies and they usually have stupid opinions).
Nov 16, 2019 5:21 AM

Mar 2018
The snowflake fanbase is the worst.

Gorochu said:
Sorry,Hunter x Hunter don't have good writing

Why?

Gorochu said:
Credit mostly goes to Madhouse adaptation

I mean yeah, they did a solid job adapting the manga. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be an argument against the quality of the writing, if it is you're now 2nd on my hatedom list.

Gorochu said:
Any other studio does Hunter x Hunter,it won't receive positive reception it has now.

Well the HxH 99 anime is still beloved, not that any of this is really matters.

HxH 2011 helped it rise in popularity, which means more true art connoisseur checked it out, causing the score to rise because it most definitely earns praise.

Ultimately you're just saying that if another studio didn't produce it, it wouldn't be as beloved it. Ok. Doesn't change people praise the story more than the visuals.
poop
Nov 16, 2019 5:23 AM
Aug 2018
Gorochu said:

one person makes a bot and now the entire fanbase is bad?
Nov 16, 2019 5:32 AM

Jul 2015
Definitely DBZ fans. All of them consider it as the best anime ever made and if you dare to speak otherwise, you'll get lynched.

Nov 16, 2019 5:35 AM
Apr 2017
Fanbases that are particularly full of braindead muppets who'd rather create bots to lower other anime scores when they """threaten""" their favourite anime. I find it more amusing than anything else because I can't even imagine how incredibly empty the lives of these people must be, but it's such a pathetic behaviour that yeah, it does colour the fanbase to a small extent. The same way Pentaxians are known to be aggressive deranged lunatics, even though not all of the fanbase is. You know what they say about vocal minorities.

The only one I've personally witnessed was FMA:B but apparently edgy supposedly adult and deep anime house plenty of these weirdos, since Vinland Saga followed suit. Interesting.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Nov 16, 2019 5:47 AM
Dec 2018
Anyone who watches only a particular genre (especially Shonen) has higher chances of looking down on other genres. Since they don't watch any other, they can't understand and appreciate and think 0 rating is justice.

As much as I dislike MHA, I haven't given it bad rating (just left it unrated for now). And yeah I wish my favorite anime was in 10, but I won't create bot accounts to give it false rating; most of anime fans won't; the war is just at the top. I would just go on preaching and try convincing people to watch my favorite anime. After Top 100, I don't think anybody even cares about ratings. Also, you'll see these wars are initiated by Shonen fanbase, whose target audience is edgy teens. Anime targeted towards young adult viewers won't stay at top for long, since their viewers are mature and unlikely to indulge in such childish practices, but little kids will give such anime bad ratings anyway. Also I've never seen Steins Gate or 3-gatsu no Lion fans indulging in creating bot accounts and giving bad ratings.
salarxNov 16, 2019 5:53 AM
Nov 16, 2019 7:08 AM

Jun 2019
nanimeanswhat said:

I hate every single fandom who obsesses over the anime they love and belittle the others.

This is exactly the same point I was going to make, I don't dislike any particular fanbase, just those fans who only think their favourite show is worth watching and shit on every other show, particularly any other popular shows that clash with their chosen title. I don't understand this mindset, do some people really only like and watch one show to the exclusion of all other anime? Or do they just not want to admit that there are other good shows out there, I just don't get it. Just because one show is good, doesn't mean another show can't be equally as good, the merits of anime shows is not mutually exclusive.
Nov 16, 2019 7:13 AM

Jun 2014
I despise the Rumiko Takahashi and Gainax fanbases the most. I'll never understand what people see in those works.

Nov 16, 2019 7:21 AM

Mar 2018
I despise AoT fan base because they act as if it's the best thing since sliced bread.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Nov 16, 2019 7:22 AM

Jul 2017
This is a hard one. It's got to be between BnHA and Re:Zero. BnHA is filled with 10 yr olds constantly praising it as the best thing ever, then you've got the SJWs and cancerous shippers. The Re:Zero fanbase is just as toxic with so many of them being babies who've reduced the series to nothing but constant shipping wars that are somehow still going strong to this very day, it's an embarrassing site.
AttackonfillerNov 16, 2019 7:26 AM

Nov 16, 2019 7:23 AM

Aug 2017
*Darling in the FranXX fanbase: death threats and unhealthy obsession with Zero Two.

*Fairy Tail fanbase (specifically fanboys): they cannot accept criticism so they label everyone a hater.

*DBZ fanboys who praise DBS.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 16, 2019 7:27 AM

Jul 2013
Was never of fan of the moe/waifus creeps. They make us look bad
Nov 16, 2019 7:30 AM

Dec 2018
23feanor said:
nanimeanswhat said:

This is exactly the same point I was going to make, I don't dislike any particular fanbase, just those fans who only think their favourite show is worth watching and shit on every other show, particularly any other popular shows that clash with their chosen title. I don't understand this mindset, do some people really only like and watch one show to the exclusion of all other anime? Or do they just not want to admit that there are other good shows out there, I just don't get it. Just because one show is good, doesn't mean another show can't be equally as good, the merits of anime shows is not mutually exclusive.

Exactly, the question shouldn't have been which fanbase but which type of fan. The fans of anything that are insecure about another's opinion are just pathetic. I am an BnHA fanboy and I'm totally fine with FMAB being number 1 and HxH being number 2. Because that's how it should be, opinions should be unique.
Nov 16, 2019 7:45 AM

Oct 2015
Darling in the FranXX's fanbase. They seem to ignore all the anime's flaws because its heroine is Zero Two.

"If you don’t believe in yourself, no one will do it for you."
Nov 16, 2019 12:02 PM
Jul 2019
Shounen/seinen fans who can't stand it when stuff they're not into gets good ratings, so they go out of their way to manipulate the ratings.
Nov 16, 2019 12:07 PM
Jul 2018
fREE!, Yurine!!! on Ice, SNK, HeroAca and Shinmai Maou no Titsment.

Seiya said:
I despise the Rumiko Takahashi and Gainax fanbases the most. I'll never understand what people see in those works.

^^^<3<3<3
Nov 16, 2019 12:09 PM

Sep 2008
trigger klk/darling both ironic and unironic fanboys
mha
dbz/s
tokyo ghoul, but they hate themselves plenty.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Nov 16, 2019 12:17 PM
Jan 2017
Gorochu said:

Hunter x Hunter fanbase: Sorry,Hunter x Hunter don't have good writing. Credit mostly goes to Madhouse adaptation. Any other studio does Hunter x Hunter,it won't receive positive reception it has now.
Is THAT why Chihayafuru 3's score keeps going down? That's so frustrating. Vinland fans suck.
Nov 16, 2019 12:26 PM

Jun 2014
Nick-Knight said:

Seiya said:

^^^<3<3<3

I can't tell if the hearts mean that you agree with me or not, because you have Gainax works in your favorites, lol.

Nov 16, 2019 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
Digibro's fanbase
They think he is god because he tells them what to like and what to hate

Also the SJW community
removed-userNov 16, 2019 1:51 PM
Nov 16, 2019 12:35 PM

May 2013
The "Anti" communities.

The people who vehemently oppose a genre either because:

A. They are just retarded or

B. It doesn't appeal to them

IE, the mecha not liking big robots and thinking the genre is about robots exclusively. Ecchi, those people who think they are better than the glory of tits so everyone must know that they are better than that.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Nov 16, 2019 12:36 PM
Jul 2018
Seiya said:
Nick-Knight said:

^^^<3<3<3

I can't tell if the hearts mean that you agree with me or not, because you have Gainax works in your favorites, lol.

Gainax is utter garbage. It's always been and will always be. I only like Evangaylion because of best girl Asuka. Screw everything they stand for. And to hell with them for disgracing the world with one of the worst protagonists of all time, Shinji 😝.
Nov 16, 2019 12:38 PM
May 2019
Nick-Knight said:
Seiya said:

Gainax is utter garbage. It's always been and will always be. I only like Evangaylion because of best girl Asuka. Screw everything they stand for. And to hell with them for disgracing the world with one of the worst protagonists of all time, Shinji 😝.

What about Gunbuster I heard that it was good. I agree with you about Asuka good taste👌
Nov 16, 2019 12:47 PM

Sep 2014
Mob psycho fanbase have been pretty insufferable (especially as far as coping with opposite opinions goes) from the little experience I have had with them, but that's just my pick to say something new

FMA:B, Tokyo Ghoul, Durarara, all the long runner shonens too, for the more obvious picks
Nov 16, 2019 12:50 PM

Aug 2018
MaskOfIce said:
Bobby2Hands said:

Chihayafuru 3 passed Vinland Saga about 3 days ago, then some salty fan started creating spam accounts to lower the rating. Check the Chihayafuru comments and the stats, it's pretty easy to see.

Oooh snap, I can understand that you love an anime but to do this xd, that is some next level stuff that I can't understand.
Nov 16, 2019 12:59 PM

Jul 2017
i do not care at all
all the fanbase sucks anyway
its better off to not associate yourself with any
Nov 16, 2019 1:07 PM
Jul 2018
I don't exactly hate them, but my least favorite fanbase is Re: Zero. Any criticism I say about the anime, I feel as though (most) of the counter arguments are terrible:

"Oh, this is just the prologue."
Yeah well The Golden Age arc in Berserk was also a prologue, except the characters had a very clear goal, and many of their actions were centered around that goal. Re: Zero on the other hand, literally felt like the writer was just making up things as it was going along...and considering how Re: Zero was originally a web novel, that's probably accurate.

"Subaru does go insane!"
No he doesn't: he's never traumatized for more than one episode. That one time where it looks like he's gone insane, the anime literally calls out his BS. He's not like Guts whose entire personality changed after the Eclipse.

"Emilia gets development later on!"
That doesn't exactly make up for putting me through 25 episodes, of having the MC's existence revolve around a character who barely has any screen time.
Nov 16, 2019 1:22 PM

Nov 2019
Not necessarily one anime in particular but anime in general. Sometimes I see some comments and i'm like damn this person must be the weirdest fucking person irl. Like i'm sorry but i'll never understand grown ass men calling a drawn character their "waifu".
Nov 16, 2019 1:53 PM

Aug 2019
The only fanbase that I hate is the yaoi/bl fanbase. The image of the yaoi genre is very damage thanks to fujoshis, they idolize toxic anime and relationships between boys and the average fujoshi only last 2-3 years in the fanbase, because of that is hard to find good/new recomendations because they only know like 9 shows and 3 mangas. I know some fujoshis that aren't toxic and are great people, but the majority that I met where... Bad
Nov 16, 2019 1:55 PM

Apr 2019
My Hero Academia, because most of people doesn't respect other people opinion (''Your favourite anime is trash, My Hero Academia is so much better!!'') and they are just annoying with all ships. Personally, I like shipping, but forcing that thing to me... Please, no.
Honorable mention for Re: Zero fandom and those stupid war beetwen Rem and Emilia. Every fandom has waifu wars, but in RZ fandom i found this most annoying.
“ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀᴄᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴ ʜᴏᴍᴇ, ᴡɪʟʟ ʟᴇᴀᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇꜱꜱ. ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪꜱ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ꜰᴀᴄᴛ.” – ᴋᴀᴡᴏʀᴜ ɴᴀɢɪꜱᴀ
➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵➵
Nov 16, 2019 4:24 PM

Jul 2015
RealTheAbsurdist said:
I don't exactly hate them, but my least favorite fanbase is Re: Zero. Any criticism I say about the anime, I feel as though (most) of the counter arguments are terrible:

"Oh, this is just the prologue."
Yeah well The Golden Age arc in Berserk was also a prologue, except the characters had a very clear goal, and many of their actions were centered around that goal. Re: Zero on the other hand, literally felt like the writer was just making up things as it was going along...and considering how Re: Zero was originally a web novel, that's probably accurate.

"Subaru does go insane!"
No he doesn't: he's never traumatized for more than one episode. That one time where it looks like he's gone insane, the anime literally calls out his BS. He's not like Guts whose entire personality changed after the Eclipse.

"Emilia gets development later on!"
That doesn't exactly make up for putting me through 25 episodes, of having the MC's existence revolve around a character who barely has any screen time.

I've seen even worse especially with Erased, where people who gave it a 7 were were being called out a lot.
Nov 16, 2019 4:31 PM

Jun 2013
FMAB. It's a great show, but it's got a really annoying fanbase. They're obsessed with score to the point where they downvote every anime that gets close to FMAB's score. Seriously people, it's a MAL score, it has no meaning.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Ai Spambots

billybub - 2 hours ago

24 by deg »»
18 seconds ago

» Can you distinguish reality from fiction?

tappioca - May 5

26 by Hikinekomori »»
52 seconds ago

» What is the biggest problem in the world of anime in your opinion? ( 1 2 )

castle2001 - May 5

51 by shiten »»
8 minutes ago

» World Masterpiece Theater are hidden gems.

Zhenro - May 4

38 by Lucifrost »»
18 minutes ago

» show me your anime 3x3 ( 1 2 )

707supremacist - May 5

94 by pachapacha »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.