Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 7, 2019 6:47 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, Melida's confidence is growing as the days of the battle royale approaches.

The battle royale itself had moments that ..is exactly was it applies and filled it with action. Melida and Elise's rivalry looked like it's the highlight of the fight. Considering the buildup to this point, I didn't find it to be surprising.

Ofc, they didn't forget about Vampir and his fights either although I thought Elise/Melida's battle overshadowed it.
Nov 7, 2019 8:07 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Kufa is really a romantic one lol
It was nice to see that kind of "fight" between Elisa and Melida, they truly have a strong friendship.
Nov 7, 2019 8:11 AM

Aug 2013
Meilda's and Elisa's fight was nice to see.

It looks like we won't be seeing the end of Madia.

Nov 7, 2019 8:55 AM

Oct 2010
Was hoping to see more of Madia fight.. but it just ends instantly? Doesn't seem right when he didn't instantly apprehend Madia from their earlier encounter.

Was hoping for some twist since Elli was trying to lose on purpose from the get go, but that just went out the window? I know things get cut, but there's too many holes in this episode.
Nov 7, 2019 9:16 AM

Oct 2015
I see Lita and Elise made up, it's about time, since the whole feud was absurd and forced in the first place. The guys who created this don't even have a freaking idea where to direct this show, they introduce characters and plots that are shamelessly insipid at this point. I thought Black Madia's intro to the show would turn the tides, but hell, I rather Would've watched my milk turn into cheese.

Oh, and she's back, lord have mercy on my bored soul.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 7, 2019 9:28 AM

Nov 2008
Ergh....the animators were so freaking lazy this time. xD

That being said, Melida just impresses me more and more with each the episode. Kufa too.

what is it with Japanese and hot milk. Gross lol

Nov 7, 2019 9:33 AM

Nov 2010
So the fight just jumped from the castle to the forest in an instant. wtf?
Nov 7, 2019 10:01 AM

Oct 2010
I feel like half of the content was [redacted] to make this episode.
Nov 7, 2019 10:06 AM
Jul 2019
WTF that ninja girl can talk?????

Now she a teacher.
Nov 7, 2019 10:08 AM

Apr 2019
Was honestly expecting a good fight with Madia and it just skips to the forest? And now she's also an instructor? Ehh okay.
Other than that, I think the episode is actually pretty good.
Nov 7, 2019 10:19 AM

Jan 2008
I blinked and the fight with Madia was over.
Nov 7, 2019 10:36 AM

Jun 2019
I was expecting more from the fight after the build up in the last episode, but the point was to bring Melida and Elise together, which happened.

The conclusion with the Clown fighter was confusing, I didn't her to back down so easy. It seems that Kufar is part of a much bigger family or guild, and he appears to have some standing. He refers to 'father" as the person he directs his reports to. I wonder how much we see of Kufar, is him acting unilaterally for his own secret purpose (partly romantic), and how much he's doing on behalf of his guild/family (trying to 'acquire Melida' as a member or ally for their guild).

I don't like Ms Othello one bit, she's a nasty one. I can't see her backing down even thought Melida beat Elise in a fair open fight. I don't understand why the Angel family can't openly acknowledge both girls if its been proven they are both legitimate, which it has.
Nov 7, 2019 10:57 AM
Jan 2016
Finally the misterious girl were more introduced, Kufa missunderstand Mule for Black Madia, seems after she use her awesome class, Kufa realized she wasn't the Madia, but i found Mule's personality amusing, and she is cute! But she still seems to have some mistery in her action!

Finally Melida and Elli made up, was an emotional fight, but Melida managed to prove she could beat Elli, now they can create a unit squad together!

So Madia was disgised as Nerva, and after Madia detroy the guardians Kufa managed to save the girls, it was really quickly fight that finished in forest, but i think that sword that Kufa used cancelled Madia's mana!

Black Madia will be a teacher, didn't expected that!

looking forward next episode!
Nov 7, 2019 11:42 AM

Jan 2019
Still enjoying this, but would prefer it not to be rushed. I do wonder sometimes if the quality of an anime falls when the score on MAL (if not MAL directly, it can influence other places as well - like those damned youtube influencers and vice versa ofc) is low (in this case, unjustifiably, so far).

geptor said:
I feel like half of the content was [redacted] to make this episode.

Hehe, yes, felt the same. As if flipping 2-3 pages at a time :D
Nov 7, 2019 12:40 PM

Jun 2019
The pacing feel like really weird in this episode...
Nov 7, 2019 1:02 PM

Mar 2018
I really like Assassin's pride but especially in this episode I thought the pacing is.. pretty bad?

In the beginning we see a situation that seemed to be directly after the last scene of last episode, which would totally make sense. But then there are flashbacks of 5 days ago and so on
Really confusing tbh

And the whole fight against the Clown was cut out too wasn't it? Kufa just came, greeted them and suddenly she was pushed back way outside the castle...

Kinda disappointed because I'd really like it if not for this

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Nov 7, 2019 1:06 PM

Nov 2008
I have to agree with pacing issues especially in this episode. I need the LN like a drug. :<

Nov 7, 2019 1:15 PM

Apr 2015
Fight between Melida and Elli was kinda nice and they made up. That's good. Still feels hella rushed though.

Black madia will become an instructor.

New girl (Mule) seems interesting, I wonder if we're going to see a lot more of her.
Nov 7, 2019 1:34 PM
Sep 2016
Wow they really managed to get a whole book in 2 episodes.
Nov 7, 2019 1:54 PM

Oct 2018
Did they really just cut out the entire fight?

Sensei appears, and 2 seconds later they are in a forest tf
Nov 7, 2019 1:57 PM

Sep 2007
Aww is Black Madia a tsundere? That's hilarious

Then again, she is a "clown"
Nov 7, 2019 2:32 PM

Jan 2017
At this point is more a recap than a adaptation, what a train wreck...
Nov 7, 2019 2:37 PM
Oct 2019
23feanor said:
I was expecting more from the fight after the build up in the last episode, but the point was to bring Melida and Elise together, which happened.

The conclusion with the Clown fighter was confusing, I didn't her to back down so easy. It seems that Kufar is part of a much bigger family or guild, and he appears to have some standing. He refers to 'father" as the person he directs his reports to. I wonder how much we see of Kufar, is him acting unilaterally for his own secret purpose (partly romantic), and how much he's doing on behalf of his guild/family (trying to 'acquire Melida' as a member or ally for their guild).

I don't like Ms Othello one bit, she's a nasty one. I can't see her backing down even thought Melida beat Elise in a fair open fight. I don't understand why the Angel family can't openly acknowledge both girls if its been proven they are both legitimate, which it has.

The Angel family still has doubts because Melida isn't a legitimate child of the Angel family. She is supposed to come from a blood line of Paladins but her Mana is that of Samurai. (Kufa's class.) If it is found out that Melida gained her Mana through Kufa then they will both be killed.
Nov 7, 2019 2:52 PM

Apr 2009
The show wanted to focus on Melida and Elise and it seems to not have the budget or time for the others, especially Kufar vs Madia. It's going to be easy for him to defeat her anyway since unlike last time, he's prepared to fight a Clown class like her. So they just cut it out.
Nov 7, 2019 4:26 PM

Jul 2017
lol what was that end to the fight, reminded me of Blackfox with that lowkey yuri ship

Also seems like the Kufa fight with that fire girl was just cut short which is a shame. Oh well, she seems like a fun character though
Nov 7, 2019 4:51 PM

Feb 2017
ok bruh, skipping a whole fighting scene and make it into one episode is not cool at all.
literally low budget project.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Nov 7, 2019 5:49 PM

Apr 2013
that was a nasty time skip, instead of showing the fight between the instructor and the tanned loli...
Nov 7, 2019 6:23 PM

Nov 2017
Is someone forcing this studio to make this anime on gunpoint?
Everything about this show seems very lazy to me, whether it be the direction or the animation.
It's like when you force a kid to finish their homework and they just scribble all over superfast and run out to play. The plot looks promising to me everything else.... hot mess
Nov 7, 2019 9:56 PM
Mar 2019
This episode totally eliminates many important events from the original story ....
This anime was good here ... well EMT ruined one of the best stories I've read ....
why?
and the animation of this chapter was horrible

I guess I will continue this until the end because I love the novel ....
This adaptation made characters with great stories become flat and meaningless!
Nov 8, 2019 12:42 AM
Jun 2017
Melida and eli's battle became a drama. Hahaha... well i cant blame them as they really look like sisters . Hahaha...

And the assasin has been exposed. Hahaha
Nov 8, 2019 2:48 AM

May 2018
Kufa vs Madia was so quick that not even we get to see it
Nov 8, 2019 3:03 AM

Nov 2010
It's a pity, but probably some information and scenes would be omitted and only those who read the novel can understand this show.
Nov 8, 2019 4:45 AM

Jul 2017
Is it that I'm playing Risk with this show, or this show is trying to make absolutely no sense at all?

The internal tension between Elise and Melida still reeks, in part of the family name, which has NOTHING to do with the overall ceremony.

But in all things, Black Madia is still in infiltration, and Kufa and Rosetti must heed attention whilst the battle.

This new girl La More...what's her gimmick though...being a mana analyzer...

And even in battle, being the focus of both sisters Elise and Melida, the drama seems quite contrived. How it all changed in an instant to Black Madia vs. Melida was one hell of a change. And...CUT, CUT, CUT!

Should I feel like stopping this butchered adaptation of a train? Coz I feel like there is more than just this. But like everyone, NOT A FAN of cutting content, especially when there's information that gives important characterization, and to have it all cut out, it destroys the momentum and hampers the enjoyment.
Nov 8, 2019 5:35 AM
Nov 2019
kuroneko99 said:
It's a pity, but probably some information and scenes would be omitted and only those who read the novel can understand this show.

I've had to resort to finding a translated copy of the LN to make sense of this show - it's rapidly becoming this seasons "Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou"

I'll persevere for now but it seriously doesn't do the LN justice..
Nov 8, 2019 5:39 AM

May 2019
The political intrigue of the show was more on display this episode, which I found quite interesting.

A lot of characterisation for Melida and Elise. I'm really enjoying this rn.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Nov 8, 2019 5:53 AM

Jun 2019
Sailanarmo said:
23feanor said:

The Angel family still has doubts because Melida isn't a legitimate child of the Angel family. She is supposed to come from a blood line of Paladins but her Mana is that of Samurai. (Kufa's class.) If it is found out that Melida gained her Mana through Kufa then they will both be killed.

Thanks for clarifying ^_^ Doesn't Kufa and his guild members have a suspicion that Melida may have greater potential and be a Paladin class, or above? If that is proved then surely the Angel family could acknowledge both of them? Well it makes sense to me, but I suppose rich aristocratic families aren't always logical in their decisions.
Nov 8, 2019 8:14 AM

Oct 2017
Melida and Eli reconciled, good for them. Also lol Black Madia is becoming an instructor at their school. A loli sensei will be amusing to watch.
Nov 8, 2019 8:47 AM

Nov 2011
Holy crap I know this series hasn't been the best but this episode was abysmal! Just certain scenes had me going "What?" at times and when Vampir finally fought the Black they went from being in the Palace to being directly outside...AND SHE LOST HER CLOTHING!? Wtf??

This episode was just extremely rushed and all over the place. Very poor episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 8, 2019 10:52 AM
Oct 2019
23feanor said:
Sailanarmo said:

Thanks for clarifying ^_^ Doesn't Kufa and his guild members have a suspicion that Melida may have greater potential and be a Paladin class, or above? If that is proved then surely the Angel family could acknowledge both of them? Well it makes sense to me, but I suppose rich aristocratic families aren't always logical in their decisions.

I THINK that is what is heavily implied. At least that is the impression I got from Episode 3. I think the mummy man saw the determination in Melida and Elise's eyes and that they would become very powerful. So powerful that it will be a danger to half Lycanthropes existence. But we can only speculate that is what is happening. I think the girls have a lot of potential to become really strong.
Nov 8, 2019 12:12 PM

May 2015
Im loving this sisterly love between Melida and Elise. One of the main motivators to continue watching. Kufa's vampire thing a few episodes ago was interesting as well. Cant wait to see Melida find out about it. Guess the obvious hint was there with his name.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 8, 2019 3:18 PM

Feb 2012
Elise's head-maid is obnoxious, I understand her role on the story but her presence on a school of nobles and talking shit at the table just feels very out-of-place, to the point of being cringy. Also seems like no other students have instructors present...

This anime lacks world building and this episode was way too rushed. They even skipped a fight to its end. lol
Nov 8, 2019 5:08 PM

Nov 2017
What the hell happened to that episode?
It felt like most of it was missing.
Shame,since I was enjoying this quite a bit,but the pacing is putting me off.
Another shame is that it has one of the best op sequences I've seen for a long time,and one of the best op songs as well.
Oh well,suppose I'll keep watching to see
a-if it gets better pacing wise.
b-for the op
Nov 8, 2019 7:29 PM

Aug 2018
What is that big skip in the end lol
first they had a hard time beating that enemy and then all of a sudden he beat him with no sweat
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Nov 8, 2019 7:36 PM

Jan 2019
The fight with Madia was kind of a letdown, but at least she'll be returning as an instructor.
Nov 9, 2019 12:15 AM

Feb 2019
Melida's fight with Elise was the best fight in this episode. I gotta say I was disappointed by the lack of another fight between Kufa, Madia, and Elise's instructor (I forgot her name lol). It ended so abruptly that I thought I accidentally skipped the scene by mistake or something, but no it turns out the fight DID end so suddenly. After the build up of even destroying the sentries... that was honestly really disappointing.

Also, Madia with her mystery removed seems like just a tsundere loli... with her hood removed and without her fire words, she's much less awesome. Sad, I really loved the Black Madia from last episode.

I was expecting that La More girl to be Madia, but it turns out she took Nerva's place. Gotta say I didn't see that coming, well executed. Especially since La More looks somewhat like Madia.

All in all, so far enjoying this series. It's not the best, it has its moments. Though right now I'm not sure where the plot is headed. Will have to see.
Nov 9, 2019 4:20 AM

Oct 2008
I'm feeling a bit reluctant and seems that MONACA's music is wasted on this show...
4/5.

Nov 9, 2019 5:05 AM

Jun 2017
Ah, this damn studio, those damn animators, leaving their Director out of the meetings and all, bunch of assholes. Now look at the work their doing.

Anyway, the episode is quite nice, Melida and Eli's fight was nice to see and now that they've reconciled, they'll form a new unit together, assuming that the damn head maid doesn't intervene. The fight with Madia was kinda lacking. Now she just suddenly becomes an instructor of the school? Kufa also mistook a high ranking noble for that Madia lol. I kinda like that girl Mule La Mor.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Nov 9, 2019 9:21 AM
Jul 2017
I can't belive they crammed light novel volume 2 into 2 episode. They rushed the anime too much. About the Madia fight in the light novel it isn't really a fight and also ended rather quickly but the anime stilled adapted it really poorly. I would reccommend everybody to just read the light novel or manga as it is so much better but sadly the light novel isn't licensed in English yet.
Nov 9, 2019 4:10 PM
Mar 2015
Madia is sent packing by our boy. Our girls get some nice hugs
Nov 9, 2019 7:36 PM
Jun 2017
I actually really liked this episode. It was the first episode of this series that seemed like it came directly after the previous one. Things seemed a little more well put together in this one, but that's still not saying much because every other episode was not so good in that regard.

It still felt a little too fast for something this big. I'd have expected that the episode would show off the tournament, but after the big events, it kinda just drops the ball. The Triwizard Tournament is all over before it's really even started.

It felt like there was a time skip in the middle, and was almost like the writers for the episodes were in entirely different rooms. For instance, this episode mentions the conclusion of Elli and Melida's fight at the end of the previous tournament, which wasn't actually shown.

Then they added in some flashbacks to the days before instead of showing it in the previous episode.

Then there was a time skip during the fight between kufa and madia, having them go from the castle all the way to the forest in an instant.

The fight between Kufa and Madia didn't feel like it had any stakes because it ended so quickly. At this point, I'm pretty sure that if Kufa loses a fight, it would not feel impactful at all because it doesn't feel like he's powerful or even has a strong will. It just feels like his opponents are super weak.

EMT clearly doesn't have enough experience with action oriented anime and seem like they don't have any quality control either.

The new girl is cute, though. So that's a plus. Cute girls are always welcome. Just too bad that in some frames, she also suffered from the lack of quality control.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Assassins Pride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2019

226 by hieu2000 »»
Feb 14, 12:53 AM

» What's with the Hate?

Aytr0 - Jun 3, 2021

30 by ayogami_M »»
Jan 14, 4:46 AM

» what makes the show THIS bad?

APolygons2 - Apr 20, 2023

23 by Akanekino »»
Nov 1, 2023 9:28 PM

Poll: » Assassins Pride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2019

104 by f_lopezjmz »»
Oct 31, 2023 4:40 PM

Poll: » Assassins Pride Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2019

66 by f_lopezjmz »»
Oct 30, 2023 6:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.