Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 15, 2019 7:54 PM

Jan 2018
So, if you could have any single concept materialized into an anime perfectly suited to your tastes, what would it be? Perhaps it's a completely unique premise that you've never seen before, or maybe something that was attempted but fell flat (like a great concept bogged down by horrible execution).

There's also the potential that this thread could give rise to some recommendations! Maybe that anime you've always wanted to see is actually out there, but you've just never heard of it. ^_^

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 15, 2019 8:03 PM

Oct 2014
It's a simple one. Plotless with no protagonist, essentially an anime like the western movie Warrior except only the fighting and arena, or UFC. The only characterization would be the fighting styles of the fighters.

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
Aug 15, 2019 8:11 PM

Mar 2012
Leaving aside my desire to have Rokujouma animated in all entirely I want to have multi-dimensional Yu-Gi-Oh! tournament that include every duelist on every series up until now. Of course with updated deck for older ones to make it more competitive.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 15, 2019 8:20 PM

Jul 2007
A "battle mahou shoujo" about young witches traveling across a vast world with fantasy and scifi elements, fighting various powerful foes and continually increasing their power levels to survive ever escalating conflicts. Primary focus would be on characterization, battles, and world-building. No romance or shipping would be present at all. Each witch would have unique abilities and the battles would be intense and more violent than a typical battle shounen.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Aug 15, 2019 8:24 PM

Aug 2015
A well executed story about Gangsters. No Supernatural, No fantasy shit. 91 days is a thing but it kind of bored me. Maybe something like Scarface or Yakuza 0.

Aug 15, 2019 8:30 PM
Jul 2018
I want an isekai anime where it is basically the same as every isekai: main character who is good at everything, gets all the girls and saves everyone. His harem keeps growing and growing, and then in the end it turns out he only saw all his harem as friends because he is in fact gay.

That would make me want to watch isekai. Would be a great plotwist.i am laughing by myself just thinking about it.
Aug 15, 2019 8:30 PM
Bored

Apr 2018
A mix of Miru Tights and Hunter x Hunter would be my dream anime.
Aug 15, 2019 8:37 PM
Mar 2019
A Jazz Band/Club anime somewhere in between the spectrum of K-On and Sound Euphonium. Cute and lovable characters with a grounded and enticing story with real stakes and drama. All while being informative of the genre, of course.

Aug 15, 2019 8:49 PM

Mar 2012
EndlessMaria said:
A "battle mahou shoujo" about young witches traveling across a vast world with fantasy and scifi elements, fighting various powerful foes and continually increasing their power levels to survive ever escalating conflicts. Primary focus would be on characterization, battles, and world-building. No romance or shipping would be present at all. Each witch would have unique abilities and the battles would be intense and more violent than a typical battle shounen.
That's just basically what Nanoha is.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 15, 2019 8:52 PM

Sep 2014
There are a lot of things I could think of that I'd like to see, but in the end if they were actualized I'd not like any of them as much as I enjoy Evangelion.

Something really dreamy though?
Kinda off topic and not really what you were asking, but:
I wish more 80s anime series were shorter
So many shows I wanna watch from the 80s but the 50+ or 100+ episode counts make it hard to sit down and do it. I watched Urusei Yatsura from start to finish and loved it because I ignored the episode count but I find myself putting off the long series from the 80s that I've wanted to watch because of their length.
Aug 15, 2019 8:56 PM

Jul 2007
NeoAnkara said:
EndlessMaria said:

Nanoha is close, minus the adventure aspect. I love Nanoha and I wish there were anime similar to it but there really aren't. At least not that I've found.
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Aug 15, 2019 9:00 PM

Dec 2014
an animated representation of ice hockey, don't know. I would be curious to see how they do that

other than that, its gotta be a large anime crossover with at least a decent storyline and animation.
Aug 15, 2019 9:20 PM
Jul 2018
I did say about one in another post.

JCas38 said:
A Jazz Band/Club anime somewhere in between the spectrum of K-On and Sound Euphonium. Cute and lovable characters with a grounded and enticing story with real stakes and drama. All while being informative of the genre, of course.

There is one anime about a school jazz band (Sakimichi no Apollon), but it's not moe.
Although, I would really love to see a concept that. Even better if it takes place in 1920s.
How about cute anime girls doing jazz and Prohibition stuff in the 20s because why tf not?
Aug 15, 2019 9:24 PM

Jan 2009
technological singularity stuff it can either kill humanity (accidentally invented Ultron or Skynet) or make humanity evolve transhumanism style with like nanotech "insert nanomachines son meme here* and will like reach type 1, 2, 3 civilization and even type 4 civilization fighting universe busters/destroyers with universe busters/destroyers lol and final evolution of 3D beings as type 5 civilization (multiverse busters)

a lot of anime today only focuses on planet buster/destroyers, ye dragonball super has a multiverse buster/destroyer but he is not doing it a lot and he does not have an equal opponent like that there

also more better is higher dimensional beings that are more stronger than us 3D beings no matter how much we evolve
degAug 15, 2019 9:36 PM
Aug 15, 2019 9:28 PM

Jul 2019
A really long running drama about somebody's life, where you just see what that person goes through from birth to death, we see every new encounters, some stay for a while others leave rapidly,we know every thoughts of the character and we can see his interactions with the surroundings. Lots of psychological elements that let's you understand the MC's way of thinking and the changes he goes through all throughout is life. You can see that everything he does was impacted by something he has done previously (see the theory of fatalism).

Maybe not 365 episodes/year but you can have like a year in let's say a 75 episodes, there won't be any filler, no single second from the anime is wasted. There'd be some moments where we visually see what he's thinking

(example: he enters the elevator, a lady enters the elevator, the elevator gets to the lady's floor and then we can see the world crumbling while he's reaching for the button to close the doors and it's very exaggerated so you can see it).

There would be insanely good music from all kinds, each easily associale with a certain type of moment in the anime (ex: character entrance, sadness, thinking, joy, walking, talking about diverse subjects (associated with certain musics depending of subject)).

I didn't fully explain what the anime would be but when I see it in my head it is hard to articulate, my paragraph can be understood very differently depending from who reads it, but in my head I mixed some elements from my life (up until now lol) and some elements that I would've liked to add.

It's funny because I've been thinking about this idea for a week already and coincidentally this thread came up today.
Aug 15, 2019 9:29 PM

Aug 2015
Anime that is about cosplaying. Make them go to excruciating detail in how to craft all the pieces. Maybe have some original creations. Set off all the copyright material. That would make me happy.
Can I touch you? Please I love you. Let me touch you, I love you!
Friend: How's school? Me: School gave me debt and my plant mold.

Aug 15, 2019 9:34 PM

May 2019
I'd be down for more anime that takes on superheroes, or just urban fantasy in general. one punch man and my hero are pretty close imo. but I'd like it if this anime would also have that magical girl aspect too. somehow two clashing power tropes would be mixed together perfectly.

another anime would just be one about dreams. paprika was pretty close but, although strange, wasn't as chilling as I hoped it to be. bizarre and fun, but not really as psychological as satoshi kon's other works. maybe something like yume nikki, but an anime
Aug 16, 2019 12:56 AM

Jan 2018
JCas38 said:

Cute girls or not, I'd love to see an actual good jazz anime. I mean, I liked Sakimichi no Apollon (especially since they often referenced some of my favorite musicians, such as Bill Evans and Art Blakey), but I felt that it was bogged down by a lot of unnecessary melodrama. I just want an authentic jazz experience in a show that doesn't rely so heavily on a forced romance. That's definitely one of my picks for an ideal series. :)

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges

Aug 16, 2019 1:12 AM

Mar 2015
Purple Haze Feedback adaption is all I need

I'd say an anime based off e-sports, but King's Avatar already exists so...

Maybe an isekai where the mc has absolutely no op powers and doesn't gain any op allies either, but has to completely survive on his (or her, don't think there's many isekai with female protagonists so let's go with that) own. Basically they have to try and integrate themselves into the new world and try to survive and build up a stable life. And like, have there be heroes and op monsters and stuff, but the mc is completely powerless against them. Have them be just a civilian. This probably sounds super lame but I'd like it, an anime from a weaklings viewpoint where they don't struggle to become a hero or anything, but struggle to survive amidst other 'weak' people. And obviously that isekai worlds society would be completely different from our own, so the mc would have to learn how to behave etc. on their own.
Aug 16, 2019 2:00 AM

Jan 2013
Aikatsu! - but largely character driven, with a consistently defined world setting. No more success handouts, I wanna see all the nitty-gritty over the course of several episodes if I have to. Single episodes dedicated to characters' contained "growth" back-to-back like we're just hitting the whole roster need to stop. If we're doing a large cast, no abandoning characters halfway through to just forget they exist. It doesn't have to be super serious or realistic. It can still be playful, and silly, but it needs to keep to the rules it sets. I want the care that The idolm@ster (2011) got where largely every scene serves an applied purpose. No 'save the school' arc (Love Live!), no flying buses (Love Live Sunshine!), and no segregated sequels (Wake Up Girls!). A long series that's actually planned thoroughly from start to finish, between 50 and 100 episodes at least. If we can get nice music as a cherry on top, that would be great.

Loknir said:
A well executed story about Gangsters. No Supernatural, No fantasy shit. 91 days is a thing but it kind of bored me. Maybe something like Scarface or Yakuza 0.
Seconded.
Aug 16, 2019 2:03 AM

Dec 2016
a good cross between manime action and edutainment. or just kengan ashura, but animated well.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Aug 16, 2019 2:32 AM
Jul 2018
Beck but without all the teenage angst. Would be OK with an anime akin to @Lunilah's dream show above but with rock music styles instead of UFC.
Aug 16, 2019 2:54 AM

Feb 2014
A good, epic, hard sci-fi space opera that isn't a fucking mecha, or just about some battles, but in space! (which is what I hear LOTGH is). Something along the lines of the Revelation Space books (or even Issac Asimov's Foundation series), with unique technologies, races, and mythology surrounding them, spanning decades (and in the case of the Foundation series, apparently even millennia). I don't think we have something like that in anime. A long space opera spanning several years where the setting and its mythology is just as important as the plot, and not simply a backdrop.
Aug 16, 2019 3:54 AM

Apr 2018
I'd really like to see a deconstruction of battle shonen
Aug 16, 2019 3:58 AM
Jul 2018
Loknir said:

I think you'll like Banana Fish. Give it a try.
Aug 16, 2019 3:59 AM

Jul 2019
EndlessMaria said:
Mostly like Claymore as instead of witches it's still have female warriors and it's one of the most intense anime I've ever seen. You can read the manga as anime is incomplete and also changed in its last arc.
puneetsinghAug 16, 2019 4:53 AM
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.
Aug 16, 2019 4:06 AM
Jun 2019
A proper 2D animation Cyberpunk anime....orginal story or manga doesnt matter
Aug 16, 2019 4:09 AM

Jul 2017
An anime based on one of Lovecraft's works
Aug 16, 2019 4:10 AM

Oct 2017
If we're talking about something unique, then I'd like to see skiing or watersports anime. Fishing or anything that isn't a thing I'll take, as sports is like the only thing that's the most possible to make whilst still making it stand out from the rest.

If we're talking about the support of the story, then I'd like to see an anime/manga take risks: worldbuilding, really captivating scenes, travelling adventures, strong character interactions, and the like. Preferably dystopian on another planet, but humanised enough that it won't include the cliche types of species such as elves and goblins. And does. Not. Need. A. True. Villain. And if the power presence is very unique and has a lot of analysis to it, e.g. titans in AOT, then that'll make it perfect.
All you need then is a long enough pace and great execution.
Aug 16, 2019 4:14 AM

Oct 2013
As a fan of many things I honestly have too many dreams that Japan could exploit to get money from me
A spinoff manga of my waifu
A Hayate no Gotoku reboot by J.C. STAFF
Anime Adaptation of Eternal Song by J.C. STAFF

Another anime love triangle with Rie, Hino and Kawasumi doing the voice work made by J.C. STAFF
Aug 16, 2019 4:14 AM

Mar 2018
An anime which has all the characters from all the other anime or manga or video game. Atleast like how shonen jump made video games with their characters an anime would really be nice. Somehow you gotta bypass the copyright bs and have a good production team on it. Crossovers are the best
LOOKING FOR ARTISTS PLEASE MESSAGE ME IF YOU'RE ONE
Review please!

Aug 16, 2019 5:32 AM

Nov 2007
I already got one through Origination so I don't need any. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Aug 16, 2019 5:33 AM
Sep 2018
Get this right, it's got the characters from Spice and Wolf, the plotline of Spice and Wolf and is pretty much a continuation of Spice and Wolf.

I shall call it: Spice and Wolf Season 3
Aug 16, 2019 5:44 AM

Oct 2008
If you can find this and make sure I haven't watched it, I would be forever grateful, good luck.

Beautiful like "Mahou Tsukai no Yome"
Plot like "Shinsekai yori"
Backstory like "Mikasa Ackerman" AOT
Ending like "Chrono Crusade"

Set in a post-apocalyptic or Victorian age world (dukes, counts, Lords, balls, aristocracy, drama, violence and profanity (R-mild nudity and 17+).
Has sexual intercorse, greate battle choreography. The characters physically grow up, relationships and character development.
Aug 16, 2019 5:46 AM

Jan 2018
shanimebib said:

Now this is an answer I can really get behind. :D

"
― Jorge Luis Borges

Aug 16, 2019 5:55 AM

Jun 2019
NeoAnkara said:
EndlessMaria said:

I was thinking that Little Witch Academia could become like this in a season or two once they've graduated. Then they could go out into the world using their magic.
Aug 16, 2019 6:57 AM

Jun 2016
My dream anime used to be a quality cyberpunk but I found that in ghost in the shell. Now I just want a comedy centered around killdozer.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Aug 16, 2019 8:27 AM

Sep 2018
Shounen in space, where the main character goes through a big redemption, or beautiful in all ways story, about the journey in ancient China, with dragons, martial arts, and buildings in steampunk style.
Jolyne Kuujou + Steel Ball Run Universe = Billie Eillish
Aug 16, 2019 10:07 AM
May 2019
It would be like Mass Effect or BioShock but anime.
Aug 16, 2019 10:09 AM

Jun 2014
A never-ending lovey-dovey, light-hearted BL romance/drama series, which only has male characters.

Aug 16, 2019 12:32 PM

Jun 2015
Hitman the animation.

The 1st three /four hitman games animated.
Aug 16, 2019 12:41 PM
Mar 2016
I would like to see an anime where people can create their own powers through science.
The world would be similar to the world of One Piece
with romance too (somehow)

Aug 16, 2019 1:17 PM

Nov 2018
My dream anime/manga is Domestic Kanojo,but my beyond imagination anime is One Piece.That's all I can say about my anime.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Aug 16, 2019 4:25 PM

Jul 2007
puneetsingh said:
EndlessMaria said:
Mostly like Claymore as instead of witches it's still have female warriors and it's one of the most intense anime I've ever seen. You can read the manga as anime is incomplete and also changed in its last arc.

Interesting. I will watch and read Claymore some time. Thanks for the recommendation!
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Aug 16, 2019 4:55 PM

Mar 2015
Greyleaf said:
So, if you could have any single concept materialized into an anime perfectly suited to your tastes, what would it be? Perhaps it's a completely unique premise that you've never seen before, or maybe something that was attempted but fell flat (like a great concept bogged down by horrible execution).

There's also the potential that this thread could give rise to some recommendations! Maybe that anime you've always wanted to see is actually out there, but you've just never heard of it. ^_^

I wanna see an anime about 2 girls chilling in a doom world, oh yeah it's already happened
The world is not beautiful. Therefore, it is.
Aug 16, 2019 5:04 PM
Jan 2012
An anime like Yosuga no Sora, but with more incest
Aug 16, 2019 5:04 PM

Oct 2017
i want a speculative fiction that discusses a future society and examines humans' relationship with technology WITHOUT devolving into dystopia
Aug 16, 2019 5:06 PM

May 2019
"The Office" styled comedy show, in actual workplace.
"My philosophy is basically this, and this is something that I live by, and I always have, and I always will: Don't ever, for any reason, do anything, to anyone, for any reason, ever, no matter what, no matter where, or who, or who you are with, or where you are going, or where you've been, ever, for any reason whatsoever."
Aug 16, 2019 5:22 PM
Jul 2018
Greyleaf said:
shanimebib said:

Now this is an answer I can really get behind. :D

I wholeheartedly agree with this opinion :D
Aug 16, 2019 5:25 PM

Jan 2018
Dolabella said:
i want a speculative fiction that discusses a future society and examines humans' relationship with technology WITHOUT devolving into dystopia

You should probably look into Eve no Jikan. Not my favorite, premise-wise, but I have great respect for the realism portrayed in the story and the overall quality of the writing. It's definitely one of the most believable interpretations of the future I've seen, and it's only 6 episodes long. That said, I do recommend watching the movie version, though. It doesn't cut anything and adds a few extra scenes to help the narrative pacing.

"
― Jorge Luis Borges

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Describe an anime in a funny way.

NOTAGLOWIE - Mar 2, 2022

34 by Horshu »»
29 seconds ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 9 hours ago

39 by perseii »»
2 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 8 hours ago

41 by WatchTillTandava »»
2 minutes ago

» When was the last time you felt happy/satisfied after watching an anime episode? :)

Rinrinka - Mar 27

16 by Horshu »»
2 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Apr 23

33 by Horshu »»
3 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.