Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 31, 2019 6:37 PM

Oct 2016
>"Your singing truly saved us all."
I hate it.
-This may be an unpopular opinion, but I really do not like this OST. It sounds like that crap you hear on every youtube tutorial gaming video.
-Bye-bye Gruppies, you will be missed. Their reaction was actually pretty funny by the way.
-Finally, we get to see a point-of-view from the people on Earth. I didn't expect this, to be honest.
-I find it hard to believe that they've narrowed it down to that one possibility, especially when there's so little evidence to back that assumption up. Aries' mother is right, they have to consider other things. I think it would be reasonable after 49 days to declare them officially missing, but they need to hold off on an official story.
-Also, I would like to say that Aries' mother's voice actress did a really good job in this episode.
-Beach scene.
One of my least favorite tropes, easily. They always feel the need to push it in series that don't need it.
>"Kingdom Of Vixia"
What did Charce's shirt mean by this?
-Kanata was being such a Chad this episode, lmao. I don't think we've ever seen Aries this genuinely angry/annoyed. That was definitely interesting.
-That ending was definitely unexpected, but I don't think Ulgar is necessarily the villain. Perhaps he is just scared.
I would currently rank the episodes (from best to worst):
This was a pretty good episode. I'm actually waiting for next week's episode, thanks to this one's ending, so that's good. I feel like there is some kind of "child disposal" thing going on here. I mean, the only parent that seemed genuinely concerned was Aries'. For all we know, all the other parents could be successful people who see their children as burdens. It's just a possibility I guess.

Jul 31, 2019 7:25 PM

Oct 2016
phantomfandom said:
Luca's father and Ulgar's father said the same sentence about losing their son, wondering what their relationship is.
It look like Ulgar is not the real enemy, as he just knew Luca's first name in this episode.
Also, all the girls show swimsuit but only three boys (out of five) show theirs, I demand 'gender equality' in this part! (Edit: It's not even a swimsuit, it's swim trunk)
PS. Kanata might act stupid to avoid Aries's questions that can be interpreted as he doesn't interest in her and not giving her hope. But since this is one-dimensional anime we can only interpreted that he is stupid.

>Luca's father and Ulgar's father said the same sentence about losing their son
That was definitely peculiar.
>Also, all the girls show swimsuit but only three boys (out of five) show theirs, I demand 'gender equality' in this part!
To be fair, I'm not sure I could imagine Ulgar wearing a swimsuit, being the "cool guy" and all.

HaXXspetten said:
Only in anime could you manage to suddenly squeeze in a beach + romcom cliché episode in a lost in space survival story. Kind of mindboggling in a way lol

Anime loves it's tropes.

Kimurah said:
Nothing shouts harder the words, "generic, seasonal and forgetable" than a beach episode.

The meeting with all the parents only enhances the huge plothole from the first episode. A mountain school trip requires a teacher or tutor to guide them through a risky expedition, but a space travel with hundreds or even thousands of light years distance into space doesn't require them to have an adult to supervise or at the very least to drop them off at the doorsteps of a safe camp or building with other adults taking care of all the minors.

This planet looks even lazier and generic than the other ones, just a small island in a huge planet covered with water and 2 living species (fish and birds), but tons of fruits that even look like the ones on earth. I also wonder where did they get that lazy chair that Quittery was using to get a tan.

Lets also forget that wormhole-kun is a thing of the past, so spending a week in this planet with the least protective gear sounds quite reasonable /s

Guess this was Sasuke/Ulgar's turn to jump into the story, can't wait to hear more of the edge and resentement of this angst teenager towards daddy and Luca's family.

At least I'll have to give them credit for finally doing a segment of the story that's not solved in a single episode like the previous ones, and for introducing the element of embeding memories into people (probably like Total Recall) as a bigger part of the 2nd act of the story.

>The meeting with all the parents only enhances the huge plothole from the first episode. A mountain school trip requires a teacher or tutor to guide them through a risky expedition, but a space travel with hundreds or even thousands of light years distance into space doesn't require them to have an adult to supervise or at the very least to drop them off at the doorsteps of a safe camp or building with other adults taking care of all the minors.
You make some good points. I thought they were being supervised from afar, but even at that, the supervisors would have seen the wormhole. I think a reasonable explanation may be that they were being supervised from a ship near the planet, and that the people on that ship were all in on the assassination plot. Of course, most of this is just guessing. I hope these holes will be filled in later. I like to think they are waiting to explain everything.
>Lets also forget that wormhole-kun is a thing of the past, so spending a week in this planet with the least protective gear sounds quite reasonable /s
I guess they would be completely screwed, huh. It makes me wonder how they all came to the consensus that it would be better to go in comfortable clothing, I mean, even Ulgar didn't stay in his spacesuit, despite the fact that he didn't switch to his swimsuit. Since he wasn't going to join in on the fun, what would be the point in switching to comfortable clothes? Even spacesuits of our present time in real life have some level of temperature control, so it can't be because it was too hot.
>Guess this was Sasuke/Ulgar's turn to jump into the story, can't wait to hear more of the edge and resentement of this angst teenager towards daddy and Luca's family.
I was thinking that Ulgar was just afraid that Luca could be the bad guy, because his father is a politician and he could have ties. I guess resentment towards Mr. Esposito is a possibility too.
On a semi-related note, I've been wondering how the politics of this world works. Given the diversity in name origin, I assumed they were going for a multicultural country as the setting, but a World Government is also a possibility. I wonder if the writer ever covers this topic.

Carp82 said:
I'm still waiting for it to be revealed that Luca is a girl. "He" just so happens to refuse to go swimming and thus having to take of "his" shirt. But as to why "he" has been lying about being a girl? Perhaps Luca is the assassin and disguising her gender is a part of her plan. And this grade school "boy" just so happens to be able to give a girl a stylish haircut? Come on...

I actually thought Luca was a girl at first too. I still find myself accidentally typing "her" or "she" and having to correct it.
I guess him being a transgender would explain a lot.
On a semi-related note, if we get an entire episode on gender identity as the center of drama, I'm gonna be pissed, lol, this show's drama has been very forced so far, and this show getting brownie points for addressing a hot topic would be really annoying, considering how bad this show has been doing a job at drama.

Tsukizono said:
Carp82 said:
I'm still waiting for it to be revealed that Luca is a girl. "He" just so happens to refuse to go swimming and thus having to take of "his" shirt. But as to why "he" has been lying about being a girl? Perhaps Luca is the assassin and disguising her gender is a part of her plan. And this grade school "boy" just so happens to be able to give a girl a stylish haircut? Come on...

....There are plenty of male barbers who can cut feminine hairstyles. That does not mean anything. I don't think Luca is a girl, he's just androgynous, if he was a girl they would have went more lengths to hide it with his design.

Perhaps he is a hermaphrodite? His shoulders seem a bit too broad to be a female. This could also explain the other things.

MaahHeim said:
I still think it's not Ulgar who is the traitor, that's too obvious. Luca, maybe? Their parents saying the same thing about their kids being missing was weird... A whole political thing going on, I guess? I think Ulgar is just going to make Luca talk and accuse him of being the traitor in the next episode or something.

Short-haired Yunhua didn't surprise me in any way. At first I thought I was going to like her, but not really so far.

I think Ulgar is not the villain, but I also think Luca is not the villain as well. I think Ulgar is sure that Luca is the villain and is going to attempt to get a confession out of Luca, but I don't think Luca is going to know anything. That's my guess at least.

Jul 31, 2019 7:48 PM

Oct 2012
Pikslap said:
phantomfandom said:
Luca's father and Ulgar's father said the same sentence about losing their son, wondering what their relationship is.
It look like Ulgar is not the real enemy, as he just knew Luca's first name in this episode.
Also, all the girls show swimsuit but only three boys (out of five) show theirs, I demand 'gender equality' in this part! (Edit: It's not even a swimsuit, it's swim trunk)
PS. Kanata might act stupid to avoid Aries's questions that can be interpreted as he doesn't interest in her and not giving her hope. But since this is one-dimensional anime we can only interpreted that he is stupid.

>Luca's father and Ulgar's father said the same sentence about losing their son
That was definitely peculiar.
>Also, all the girls show swimsuit but only three boys (out of five) show theirs, I demand 'gender equality' in this part!
To be fair, I'm not sure I could imagine Ulgar wearing a swimsuit, being the "cool guy" and all.

HaXXspetten said:
Only in anime could you manage to suddenly squeeze in a beach + romcom cliché episode in a lost in space survival story. Kind of mindboggling in a way lol

Anime loves it's tropes.

Kimurah said:
Nothing shouts harder the words, "generic, seasonal and forgetable" than a beach episode.

The meeting with all the parents only enhances the huge plothole from the first episode. A mountain school trip requires a teacher or tutor to guide them through a risky expedition, but a space travel with hundreds or even thousands of light years distance into space doesn't require them to have an adult to supervise or at the very least to drop them off at the doorsteps of a safe camp or building with other adults taking care of all the minors.

This planet looks even lazier and generic than the other ones, just a small island in a huge planet covered with water and 2 living species (fish and birds), but tons of fruits that even look like the ones on earth. I also wonder where did they get that lazy chair that Quittery was using to get a tan.

Lets also forget that wormhole-kun is a thing of the past, so spending a week in this planet with the least protective gear sounds quite reasonable /s

Guess this was Sasuke/Ulgar's turn to jump into the story, can't wait to hear more of the edge and resentement of this angst teenager towards daddy and Luca's family.

At least I'll have to give them credit for finally doing a segment of the story that's not solved in a single episode like the previous ones, and for introducing the element of embeding memories into people (probably like Total Recall) as a bigger part of the 2nd act of the story.

>The meeting with all the parents only enhances the huge plothole from the first episode. A mountain school trip requires a teacher or tutor to guide them through a risky expedition, but a space travel with hundreds or even thousands of light years distance into space doesn't require them to have an adult to supervise or at the very least to drop them off at the doorsteps of a safe camp or building with other adults taking care of all the minors.
You make some good points. I thought they were being supervised from afar, but even at that, the supervisors would have seen the wormhole. I think a reasonable explanation may be that they were being supervised from a ship near the planet, and that the people on that ship were all in on the assassination plot. Of course, most of this is just guessing. I hope these holes will be filled in later. I like to think they are waiting to explain everything.
>Lets also forget that wormhole-kun is a thing of the past, so spending a week in this planet with the least protective gear sounds quite reasonable /s
I guess they would be completely screwed, huh. It makes me wonder how they all came to the consensus that it would be better to go in comfortable clothing, I mean, even Ulgar didn't stay in his spacesuit, despite the fact that he didn't switch to his swimsuit. Since he wasn't going to join in on the fun, what would be the point in switching to comfortable clothes? Even spacesuits of our present time in real life have some level of temperature control, so it can't be because it was too hot.
>Guess this was Sasuke/Ulgar's turn to jump into the story, can't wait to hear more of the edge and resentement of this angst teenager towards daddy and Luca's family.
I was thinking that Ulgar was just afraid that Luca could be the bad guy, because his father is a politician and he could have ties. I guess resentment towards Mr. Esposito is a possibility too.
On a semi-related note, I've been wondering how the politics of this world works. Given the diversity in name origin, I assumed they were going for a multicultural country as the setting, but a World Government is also a possibility. I wonder if the writer ever covers this topic.

Carp82 said:

I actually thought Luca was a girl at first too. I still find myself accidentally typing "her" or "she" and having to correct it.
I guess him being a transgender would explain a lot.
On a semi-related note, if we get an entire episode on gender identity as the center of drama, I'm gonna be pissed, lol, this show's drama has been very forced so far, and this show getting brownie points for addressing a hot topic would be really annoying, considering how bad this show has been doing a job at drama.

Tsukizono said:

....There are plenty of male barbers who can cut feminine hairstyles. That does not mean anything. I don't think Luca is a girl, he's just androgynous, if he was a girl they would have went more lengths to hide it with his design.

Perhaps he is a hermaphrodite? His shoulders seem a bit too broad to be a female. This could also explain the other things.

MaahHeim said:
I still think it's not Ulgar who is the traitor, that's too obvious. Luca, maybe? Their parents saying the same thing about their kids being missing was weird... A whole political thing going on, I guess? I think Ulgar is just going to make Luca talk and accuse him of being the traitor in the next episode or something.

Short-haired Yunhua didn't surprise me in any way. At first I thought I was going to like her, but not really so far.

I think Ulgar is not the villain, but I also think Luca is not the villain as well. I think Ulgar is sure that Luca is the villain and is going to attempt to get a confession out of Luca, but I don't think Luca is going to know anything. That's my guess at least.

Now that you've said it, yeah, I think this could be true. The villain thing is probably a big plot twist, so... Maybe it's going to be Kanata or Aries in the end lmao
Jul 31, 2019 7:59 PM

Oct 2015
Aries's parent was the only real parent in that meeting, all of them were really negative in their inputs, they should be ashamed! I was glad they showed the other side of the world, I guess it wasn't a test after all, they are really stranded. Ulgar pointing a gun at Luca sure changed the moment, after such a peaceful paradise time! I wonder what could have Luca's dad done to Ulgar or his dad??

This was actually fun and cliffhanging, enjoyed it!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 31, 2019 8:14 PM

Jul 2016
Honestly, I was really hoping Ulgar to shoot Luca in the head... you know, just to make the story a bit more interesting...
Jul 31, 2019 8:56 PM

Dec 2015
Something is clearly up with the parents.
Jul 31, 2019 9:23 PM

Dec 2012
I guarantee Ulgar is not the enemy, but Luca is. I've been suspecting Luca to be the enemy for a few episodes now, and that's probably why Ulgar is pointing a gun at him.
Jul 31, 2019 10:06 PM
Mar 2015
a beach episode is very cliche For some reason they are being given up on rather easily No one is blaming the organizers for losing their children Also the time for declaration of death should be closer to the present 7 years
Jul 31, 2019 11:55 PM

Jan 2017
Well even a space anime can't escape from the usual beach episode, I'm not complaining but still...
Aug 1, 2019 12:28 AM

Jan 2011
i can't believe a show about being lost in space gave us a beach episode nothing can escape the obligatory beach episode

though the first half was good despite my screaming of what the hell once it ended, 80% of those parents seemed off besides spring and maybe the other bigger lady
Aug 1, 2019 1:26 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Whoops, wrong fandom.

I have a feeling not much will happen with that recent development, but I dunno.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Aug 1, 2019 2:41 AM

Sep 2013
Ventus_S said:
My major gripe of this series is base on the fundamental setting of the whole series.

I don't believe a bunch of planets that're thousands of light year far away from Earth ALL HAVE SUITABLE TEMPERATURE/ LIVING CONDITION FOR HUMAN BEINGS.

This series is treating as if all of those foreign far-away planets are easily habitable for human beings.
The problem is the chance of this to happen is so unlikely because Earth itself is a miracle with a miraculous location relation between sun to get such temperature suitable for human beings.

But this series treat this aspect so lightly that every single planet they visit are some sort of tourist attraction that some kids can just do whatever they want and still have no trouble living on them.

Furthermore, let's assume those 3 planets all miraculously are in a location near some Stars that act like sun, if the spaceship has the technology to detect such planets, there's no reason other human being don't know about this. And if they know about this, they'd try to move to/ observe such planets, so the fact that those planets don't have any sign of human beings / tracks make absolutely no sense.

In Star Wars at least you can see alot of special intellectual human-like aliens living on those planets to showcase that normal human being can walk on such planets without trouble. This series doesn't bother to address any of these, treating those planets like some random holiday location like Hawaii / Desert that're similar to Earth.

All I can say is you can only treat this series as a character drama show, not a universe adventure, or you'd get really disappointed.
I'm definitely with you on the foundations of the series. As far as I recall they haven't even said if the planet they were all living on is Earth. They've apparently explored enough to have their own park planet rented out to some kids, but what about other planets? Have they colonised loads of them? And what about their ships? Do they have whole star fleets of ships? Because all we've seen is the ship that took them to the park planet, and the research ship that they're using now. And if they have lot's of different ships, and they're colonising different planets for leisure, how is it that there are no colonised planets closer to where the kids ended up? Surely civilisation would follow this pattern of full habitable planets and spread their reach if it's something a few kids can do with a research ship.
Aug 1, 2019 3:58 AM

Apr 2015
'That singing saved everyone'. Hahahaha bloody hell fuck off

Largely dull. Still some solid character development I guess, at least the lighthearted atmosphere stopped the annoying faux serious scenes
Aug 1, 2019 4:35 AM

Jul 2014
Beach ep is the last thing I'd thought they'd do in a "Lost in space" type of show but God did they make it happen.
People seem to forget that this is still a story for shonen, this isnt seinen where they need to be on-guard and edgy 24/7. Yes what they did is pretty dumb considering the situation they're in, but nonetheless its still entertaining. Some of you takes things way too seriously even in fictional stories.
Yunhua's haircut + her in a school swimsuit+ the other girls in a pretty hot 2 piece swimsuit, God almighty am I going to die tomorrow? Aries was hot af! they really had time to act like teens this ep and talk about love/crushes and shit, find it funny that Aries had the guts to ask Kanata those questions.
Aug 1, 2019 4:39 AM

Jan 2009
Dudi4PoLFr said:
Well even a space anime can't escape from the usual beach episode, I'm not complaining but still...
Beach episodes are usually signaling a turning point in a series, things usually pick up after the beach episode.

I'm more surprised no one picked up on the fact that the "genome registration project" just so happens to pass as soon as the kids are lost in space.
Aug 1, 2019 5:21 AM

Jul 2017
Ah...not even in Space could we avoid the overly-cliché beach episode. But for a chill-pill episode, this was a fun episode to go through. That is...the calm before the storm.

The planet before them supplied enough to their next planet, and you will be missed Gruppies. Yunhua's singing as their saviour, true to many that I too don't buy this absurd solution, it's just character drama that's all. And not the serious kind.

Back on land, the parents of Team B5 are devastated of their lost children. However, this "Genome Management Project" irks me a lot.

Tatsuya said:
I'm more surprised no one picked up on the fact that the "genome registration project" just so happens to pass as soon as the kids are lost in space.

It's more like you missed the point where that law has already passed before the team expedition was on-board. Note Luca's dad who was the opposing faction, and that Ulgar has only this lead to go on.

Beach and fanservice stuff, and some confession time, of which Kanata's a real douchebag and naive boy. And a beautiful moment that unfortunately does not last long, this assassination plot will resurface once again. With Ulgar facing the gun on Luca.

As per since Episode 3, the suspicions remain the same with Ulgar's perspective, now founded on Luca, her father being the politician that (he thought) "approved" the law and the plot. HE ISN'T THE ENEMY. Somebody IS and it could go in many ways.
Aug 1, 2019 5:24 AM

Jun 2008
For anyone who wants to pick up the manga, this episode ended at chapter 21
Aug 1, 2019 6:22 AM
Aug 2016
That generic romcom subplot couldn't be more forced, and the one forcing it is none other than the sasuga based Quitter ruining every scene she's in for you
Aug 1, 2019 7:35 AM

Feb 2014
Even in space, thousands of light years away from home, we are STILL treated to a pleasant beach episode and I'm not complaining about it whatsoever. XD

Still, Quitterie and Aries do look sexy in their bikini choices and Yunhua also looks great in her purple swimsuit. Thankfully, there was more to this episode than just pure fanservice, although I must say, Yunhua's new haircut looks beautiful on her. ^_^

Anyway, the meeting with the parents and Caird High School left me with the impression that Aries' mother was the only one who was putting in any effort to try and restart the search party for the missing students. The rest of the parents, maybe aside from Zack and Kanata's fathers, really couldn't give a care in the world that their kid is missing. Along with Luca's father with the DNA scene, something fishy is going on here...

As for Ulgar, he looked really shocked to find out that Luca's father was a politician and that must've been why he's put a gun to Luca's head. Like the others here, I doubt that Ulgar is the main traitor of the group, so I just hope that someone can try and prevent Ulgar from doing something stupid next time.
Aug 1, 2019 8:23 AM

Jun 2016
Beach episode.. i should've known it would come. I quite enjoyed it thought.
I see a lot of comments saying Yunha's new short hair is ugly but i like it way more than the one she had before. Short hair is always better~

That talk about the planet's animals being all female that reproduce by cloning themselves is 100% alluding to something, most likely to Funicia being Quitterie's clone and the mother knows something about it so brought her to live with them.

I never really had the thought that Luca might be a girl but now i think it may be possible in some way, that or he is something other than a normal human because of the father's DNA being a topic that came up.

Ulgar at the end... i still don't think he is the "traitor", but he seems to have something against Luca's father. At this point i think the person who cut the communication thing just did it because they didn't want to go home or whatever, if that's the case, is there really a traitor?
Also didn't Aries mother see her daughter's log? It's strange she didn't bring it up while talking to the other parents. Might have seen it wrong though, i'm lazy to go watch it again right now-
ayumiisAug 1, 2019 8:27 AM
Aug 1, 2019 9:19 AM

Sep 2011
I'm glad to see Yunhua expressing herself, she looks really cute with short hair. I find it funny that Zack didn't bat an eye when seeing Quitterie naked, but blushed looking at Yunhua's new look though. xD And their space suits are already pretty tight, but I won't complain about this "beach episode." No wonder Quitterie felt compelled enough to comment about Kanata's body too, it was the best looking one. xD And I wasn't expecting that "girl's talk", but I kind of liked it. A pity that Kanata doesn't even realize Aries has her eyes on him, and answered joking like that, but they still have time. lol

Quitterie likes Zack, and if you pair Yunhua with Charce there are still Luca and Ulgar left, but I know better than to raise my hopes, even though Luca was the only who got close to Ulgar so far. I doubt Ulgar is the "enemy" by the way, he just knows something about Luca's father, but I don't think that pointing a gun at Luca like that was the best thing he could have done, but we might learn his reasons in the next episode. Their fathers said the same thing too, about their "bodies being torn apart." I might be jumping the gun here, but it feels like a vice-director and a politician are perfectly capable of getting rid of some teenagers if they wanted to. And I know that Yunhua's mother isn't crazy about her, and that weeks went by after a throughout search. But it still felt so weird to see that only Aries' mother couldn't give up. It was a pretty sad scene, if only she knew her daughter was enjoying the sea, while falling in love. At least she is still holding on to hope.
Aug 1, 2019 9:42 AM

Oct 2012
Wow, to gather all those veteran seiyu for this episode, nice job:

- Emma Spring - Nakahara Mai

- Gert Zweig - Kanao Tetsuo

- Jed Walker - Sugita Tomokazu

- Lucy Lum - Takagaki Ayahi

- Marco Esposito - Terasoma Masaki

- Olive Raffaelli - Toyoguchi Megumi

- Ray Hoshijima - Koyama Rikiya

- Sophie Lacroix - Inoue Kikuko
Aug 1, 2019 10:00 AM

Jan 2016
what a beautiful paradise planet, I'd like to go there. Yunhua looks pretty cute with that haircut. Now, I don't believe Ulgar is the enemy, Luca is more likely to be the enemy.
Aug 1, 2019 1:02 PM

May 2018
Ok, so far it's either Ulgar or Luca is the enemy.

Btw, Aries in a bikini , very Hot, Quinttre Hot, Yun Hua not so much.
Aug 1, 2019 1:37 PM

May 2016
Hot and sexy... on the other hand, soo f*cking dumb, again. I'm not surprised.
SciADV_ManiacAug 1, 2019 1:48 PM
-
Aug 1, 2019 3:00 PM

Jan 2009
KANLen09 said:
Ah...not even in Space could we avoid the overly-cliché beach episode. But for a chill-pill episode, this was a fun episode to go through. That is...the calm before the storm.

The planet before them supplied enough to their next planet, and you will be missed Gruppies. Yunhua's singing as their saviour, true to many that I too don't buy this absurd solution, it's just character drama that's all. And not the serious kind.

Back on land, the parents of Team B5 are devastated of their lost children. However, this "Genome Management Project" irks me a lot.

Tatsuya said:

It's more like you missed the point where that law has already passed before the team expedition was on-board. Note Luca's dad who was the opposing faction, and that Ulgar has only this lead to go on.

Beach and fanservice stuff, and some confession time, of which Kanata's a real douchebag and naive boy. And a beautiful moment that unfortunately does not last long, this assassination plot will resurface once again. With Ulgar facing the gun on Luca.

As per since Episode 3, the suspicions remain the same with Ulgar's perspective, now founded on Luca, her father being the politician that (he thought) "approved" the law and the plot. HE ISN'T THE ENEMY. Somebody IS and it could go in many ways.
Hmm fair enough, cant really say more now since i kinda got spoiled on some upcoming events.
Aug 1, 2019 4:33 PM

Jan 2011
Soon as I saw it was a beach ep I turned it off. I'll have to muster up the patience to look at this one. Also big boobs cut her hair and got rid of her glasses. So that's an L for me.
QWERTYFish25Aug 1, 2019 4:37 PM
Aug 1, 2019 7:12 PM

Jul 2015
Aye, yeah! But everything is not aye, yeah... or whatever that means... I'm gonna miss the Gruppies, they were... something... Also GIRL LOOKING GOOD WITH THAT NEW HAIR STYLE.

Anyway, got some focus on things back home, and umm... WOW... THOSE PARENTS... Really something with their lack of emotion, despite feeling like they're being torn apart while the kids are lost in space... playing on a beach and talking about love. This was a really nice and relaxing episode, and I found the ending in particular hilarious.

Also this message board has some interesting theories, yall keep up the good work.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 1, 2019 11:50 PM

Jan 2012
A slow episode that offered time for some light hearted character interactions which were rather intriguing because it fitted their youth. Also, possible background for their space adventures were pointed to nicely by referring reproductive cloning.
On the other hand I wasn't a huge fan of the parents' meeting. The story line foreshadowed some more background details, but it didn't give something essential for the main group and parents themselves seemed rather poorly characterized compared to their children. So its information could have been integrated better in another scenario. This would have also saved us the super hard tonal shift from a depressing, serious discussion to a joyful trip to the beach which was way to hard to allow the story to flow naturally.
Aug 2, 2019 1:11 AM
Jun 2017
love this episode, as this is a relaxing one for them as they have this beach episode. this one promotes bonding and getting to know more about each other. and what i could say you know things like crushes, or liking someone is starting to pop up, and i just love that talk between girls, but the sadly kanata's answer pissed off aries.

in the earth, their parents are worried about them already that they consider them as good for dead already. well i feel bad for them, as they dont even know what happen with their kids...

and that FINALE PART SHOCK ME--- if ulgar the main enemy in their group? im excited about the next weeks episode
Aug 2, 2019 8:01 AM

Oct 2008
Yun Hua total make-over beauty is a banger!
but it looks like Ulgar is trying to bang someone from their group!
But i think Ulgar just has some vendetta on someone and not the actual villain...
4/5.

Aug 2, 2019 11:09 AM

Jul 2015
Quitterie is wrong, she is not sexy... she is more like what's known as a Smoking Hot Babe!!

My god, what a specimen... :3
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Aug 2, 2019 11:14 AM
Jul 2019
Pk, so the kids parents had a meeting and it seems that they're not too concern about their kids disappearing without a trace.

The only one that showed true concern was Aries' Mom.

So, from here on either one of them is the villain.
Aug 2, 2019 11:36 AM

Feb 2017
isn't it a lil bit hot when we see yunhua new look.
what an obligatory beach episode, but it is entertaining with good moment and humor

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Aug 2, 2019 1:06 PM

Dec 2018
This was a nice episode, and pretty relaxing. I usually don't like beach episodes, it usually turns me off because I'm usually more attracted to guys over girls, and most beach eps are fanservice for dudes, but this one was slightly more enjoyable than most. It was interesting to see how the parents of the cast are reacting to their disappearance, because in most shonen anime the parents will be either (a) dead or (b) completely unconcerned that their 12-year-old child has been missing for over 10 years and is literally fighting demons in hell. It adds a depth of realism for the show to see that the parents are...actually concerned about the well being of their children. The design of the island was really nice, I personally love all of the structures and ecosystems and colors each individual planet has. I'm pretty sure Ulgar was pointing the gun at Luca because he believes that Luca was the traiter...speaking of Ulgar, I've developed a crush on him...oh no...
Aug 2, 2019 2:00 PM
Mar 2019
I'm a bit confused on what exactly Ulgar wants to do holding Luca at gun point. If he just wants to kill Luca, surely there's a better place than in front of everybody. Same if he wants to threaten Luca. The only reason I can think of for him to do it right then is if he wanted everyone else to do something by threatening Luca, but Luca's the only one he has a problem with. I can't tell whether or not this is a plot hole yet, pretty sure it is though.
Jo_MarchAug 2, 2019 2:04 PM
Aug 2, 2019 4:56 PM

Jun 2013
Jesus Christ, even this series has its own obligatory Anime beach episode. Wouldn't be an Anime unless we see jiggling, clapping asses and bouncing tits. Pity they rarely show jiggling clapping dicks. What kind of male representation is that? Don't forget about your LGBTQ+ community, please.

The parents, aside from Aries' own seem to be unfazed that their children are missing and even have generic, repetitive responses both in private and for the media. Hmmm...

臭い-
Aug 2, 2019 6:45 PM

Dec 2014
Ulgar is definitely not the enemy..... sad how everyone back home is giving up
Aug 2, 2019 7:07 PM

Apr 2007
It's amazing how that one episode made Yunhua sky rocket to best girl. She's so damn cute with short hair too!!!

Even with that ending I'm not convinced Ulger is the traitor, that's just how he communicates. I feel like this episode raised more red flags about Luca instead.
Aug 3, 2019 3:29 AM

Nov 2016
Ulgars suspects Luca is the assassin because he's the son of that politician... But I actually don't think it's that simple.

What if all of them are supposed to become the assassin at some point? And none of them is aware of it. That's why "the assassin" is cooperating right now.

Sure, the spaceship's communications were cut, but there might be a (far-fetched) explanation later or it's simply a plot hole.
Aug 3, 2019 6:51 AM
Jul 2018
Carp82 said:

I feel so too. If Luca is a girl, they'll probably pair her together with Ulgar, and then Charce will be with Yunhua I assume.
Aug 3, 2019 7:53 AM
Jan 2019
What a shocking ending, but why the hell does Ulgar want to kill Luca?
There seems to be no problems between Luca's father and Ulgar's father, so why? Will it have to do with his mother?

By the way, Yunhua looks much more beautiful now.
Aug 3, 2019 2:51 PM
Nov 2018
D1tchd1gger said:
The part with the parents possibly introduces a new subplot about the Genome Management Project to add to the assassination subplot.

The line quoted twice "It's as if my body is being torn apart" and talk of the animals on the planet reproducing through cloning suggests maybe most or all of them are clones? and their plight is some sort of test?

Rather it shows they have been talking this through before they did it, so they remember the same phrase to use to feign grief. One wanted to get rid of his failure of a son, and the other had failed to stop the genome law that would reveal that his son isn't a son - but rather someone wearing a jacket at the beach, while having a female face and being good at cutting female haircuts. A teenage guy - not a chance. Will be revealed first thing in the next episode, I guess.

And finally, the famous singer didn't want her daughter to embarrass her. Either by failing as a singer, or perhaps by outshining her mother.
Aug 3, 2019 7:42 PM

Aug 2017
Probably the worst episode from this show. For me, it ended with the meeting with all the parents. The rest is just an annoying beach episode (at least I could see Kanata, Zack and Charce shirtless ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) and dumb drama. That ending was a bad idea buuut I think that the traitor is Charce cuz he's playing dumb or maybe Aries. Also, it seems that everyone forgot Wormhole coming out of nowhere from episode 1 and 2. Why nobody is on guard at all?
NurguburuAug 3, 2019 10:38 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 4, 2019 3:53 AM

Mar 2010
I want to quit this anime but the only reason i am not is because i hope they will land on a planet that kills half of the cast.

Can someone give me a reason to continue?

I hate fanservice + the last episode about singer was so pointless, this episode was stupid, the characters are stupid. I want to call this anime Idiots lost in Space. The only things keeping me are nice scenery and planets.. and the fact that this isn't mecha anime, but space themed. The characters are ruining the show. Any good reason to continue?
Aug 4, 2019 6:44 AM

Apr 2019
Lylaaz said:

for the sake of the plot twists in the 2nd half of the story and figuring out why things happened, why they are in that situation, and a bunch of other plot twists surrounding world building and political aspects as well as backstory

i mean if you hate the characters that sucks for you, i get it though, its why i despise Shield Hero, i don't love the Characters in this Show but i don't find them annoying like i do in A LOT of other Shows, but what really makes this Story is the 2nd half imo.

But seriously, if you've made it this far.. just watch it.. its 13 eps, not like Gintama 50123901 Episodes

since you have Attack on Titan in your favourites i do recommend watching this, as its story telling is very similar in terms of foreshadowing / twists
You son of a .. turtle

Aug 4, 2019 6:53 AM
Jul 2019
phantomfandom said:
I still haven't forgive Studio Lerche about what they censored in previous episode
it's not a big loss
Aug 4, 2019 3:23 PM

Jan 2011
Dani9870Capaunen said:
phantomfandom said:
I still haven't forgive Studio Lerche about what they censored in previous episode
it's not a big loss

The fact that s/he's worried about bullshit like that is exactly why we ended up with a shitty episode like this. Just throw in an awkward meeting of the parents chatting about their children's deaths like like next week's work schedule and then switch to a nonsensical, stale beach episode concluded with a gun pointed at another character. The holder of such gun just so happens to not register such a triggering piece of information when they made it a point to introduce themselves one by one a few episodes back. I'm staring to feel that anime studios literally surf the web for crappy web novels off of porn sites' general chat to animate. I'm suprised I haven't gotten a call for the totally crappy set of chapters of my story I have linked that I never bother to redo yet
Aug 4, 2019 5:14 PM

Mar 2010
Nim0174 said:
Lylaaz said:

for the sake of the plot twists in the 2nd half of the story and figuring out why things happened, why they are in that situation, and a bunch of other plot twists surrounding world building and political aspects as well as backstory

i mean if you hate the characters that sucks for you, i get it though, its why i despise Shield Hero, i don't love the Characters in this Show but i don't find them annoying like i do in A LOT of other Shows, but what really makes this Story is the 2nd half imo.

But seriously, if you've made it this far.. just watch it.. its 13 eps, not like Gintama 50123901 Episodes

since you have Attack on Titan in your favourites i do recommend watching this, as its story telling is very similar in terms of foreshadowing / twists

I think because i recently was watching AOT i can't tolerate how the story unfolds in this anime at all.. Everyone is so happy and everyone survives.. yeah, sure 13 episodes. But why does it have to sound like a chore? "just complete it because it has so little episodes" ? Sorry but that's a chore. Just complete it because the story is good and characters more logically developed in their setup would be a better option.

So i'll probably watch the next episode and if it is as terrible as last two have been i am quitting this, even if little amount of episodes. :) The 2nd part you mentioned sounds interesting, but each parent felt so one sided that i am not sure if i will enjoy this.

Aug 4, 2019 5:29 PM

Apr 2019
Lylaaz said:
Nim0174 said:

I think because i recently was watching AOT i can't tolerate how the story unfolds in this anime at all.. Everyone is so happy and everyone survives.. yeah, sure 13 episodes. But why does it have to sound like a chore? "just complete it because it has so little episodes" ? Sorry but that's a chore. Just complete it because the story is good and characters more logically developed in their setup would be a better option.

So i'll probably watch the next episode and if it is as terrible as last two have been i am quitting this, even if little amount of episodes. :) The 2nd part you mentioned sounds interesting, but each parent felt so one sided that i am not sure if i will enjoy this.

you should at least consider getting to episode 8
otherwise you have no idea whats going on, there is a reason for why the parents acted the way they did..
episode 8 is the "basement reveal" (judging by the pacing so far), if that episode doesn't intrigue you enough to finish it and get whats going on about the world by all means drop it

also im not entirely sure what you mean by "but each parent felt so one sided..."

Nim0174Aug 4, 2019 8:06 PM
You son of a .. turtle

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

202 by DebiPS »»
Apr 18, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

347 by naturalbrawler »»
Mar 20, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

304 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
Mar 3, 5:10 PM

» how this is not more popular.

Sayms - Jan 15, 2022

21 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

168 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 5:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.