Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 8, 2019 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, that head is still talking even after it got cut off.

On the other hand, I think it's cool to see Nezuko fight that demon with her own powers. Susamaru got a pretty brutal death as I had expected (similar to the manga). Fucking RIP. Looks like we got some more info dump about Kibutsuji. Tamayo knows her stuff.

Jun 8, 2019 7:58 AM

Jan 2015
What an episode

Of course it wasn’t that easy killing the arrow demon without taking more damage, and damn, it looked painful.
That fucking fight between Nezuko and Susamaru was so awesome, Nezuko is a freaking beast. I really liked the transitions between the two opposites.
Emotional second half, the OST was so on point. And that Yuushiro’s scene, so sad

And lmao, Zenitsu, he’s finally here.
We’re finally past the worst part of the manga. I’m so hyped tho

My gosh, this was tough to watch

XenocrisiJun 8, 2019 9:49 AM
Jun 8, 2019 9:32 AM

Apr 2018
Dayum this was pretty brutal. It's really nice to see Nezuko fighting! She's such a badass and TOO PRECIOUS OH MY GODD.
Looks like we get to meet lightning guy in the next episodes, finally.
shimraiJun 8, 2019 9:59 AM
Jun 8, 2019 9:33 AM
Mar 2019
Wow! Another great episode.
Just thinking that it might not be the best idea to kill Kibutsuji if he's the one preventing the demons from creating alliances with each other... Who knows what they could do in teams? But well... This is only just my theory so I could be completely wrong.
Jun 8, 2019 9:33 AM

Sep 2018
Great episode,that arrow demon survived for so long even thou he was decapitated,and temari demon got destroyed by the curse....
And damn why did i start crying so much when Nezuko hugged Lady Tamayo,best imouto!
well that's just my opinion.....
Jun 8, 2019 9:34 AM

Apr 2014
Nezu-kick is as strong as Stephen Chow's steel leg

Electric boy gets introduced next episode

Jun 8, 2019 9:42 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Holy shit, that was fucking brutal. I felt sorry for her there honestly to die like this.

The best part was the aftermath, that really got me emotional. I really want to see Tamayo again soon, amazing character. She got acknowledged as a human by Nezuko, deep down she probably wished for something like that to happen.

Hyuga would be proud of Nezuko. That's like a picture perfect TIGER SHOT she's executing there.
Jun 8, 2019 9:44 AM

Aug 2013
Nezuko and that female demon be playing football lol.

That last demon got a brutal death.

Looks like Tanjirou got another mission.

Jun 8, 2019 9:49 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm arrow demon didn't give up easy huh. Using moves to counteract the arrow's pressure though was pretty creative. Despite the ferocity of the attacks it was fun seeing Nezuko return the attacks so easily not to mention the resulting exchange as well. Tamayo sure managed to score an unexpected but nonetheless impressive victory there though. Using own's cells to kill the host sure was an interesting tactic. Despite her arrogant attitude the temari demon was just as much a victim of Muzan as the others were. Guess as a result of being a demon Tamayo never really had a family to begin with outside of her bond with Yushiro. Being treated as part of one by Nezuko sure must have been heartwarming to her. An excellent ep as always that managed to end the battle with the Temari/duo in a most unexpected manner. While it was sad to bid Tamayo and Yushiro farewell looks like next ep we get to meet quite the unique new character.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2019 10:03 AM

Dec 2014
Damn, I felt bad for that demon girl to die the way she did. That was brutal as hell.

If anything, this episode made me love Nezuko way more than I already do. Loved seeing her kick those balls back but the best part was when she hugged Tamayo and patted Yushiro on the head, that was so sweet. <3

So you finally get it Yushiro, Nezuko is indeed a beauty. XD

Looking forward to next week and where we go from here.
Jun 8, 2019 10:05 AM

Apr 2018
Such a beautiful episodes.

Xenocrisi said:

this.
Jun 8, 2019 10:11 AM

Mar 2017
That was a hell of an episode! It was so sad and also so gory! The part where the demon girl was asking for her temari really upset me actually because Tanjirou says about how she's like a little kid but she probably WAS a little kid before Kibutsuji turned her into a demon.

I'm sad that Yushiro & Tamayo are leaving cause i've really come to love them (especially Yushiro... moody little shit haha) but i'm so happy that Zanitsu has finally arrived!
Jun 8, 2019 10:20 AM
Sep 2015
So every demons that made by Kibutsuji can't say his name, including Nezuko?
And since Lady Tamayo can say his name it means she was transformed to demon not by Kibutsuji, so demon existed before Kibutsuji and there are someone other than him can turn people into demon
Jun 8, 2019 10:30 AM

Jan 2018
Another awesome episode. Anyway, whats the curse that killed the enemy?

Ps. Some idiots here posting spoilers (names, powers, that hype is here). Please put spoilers tags. Its not much of a spoiler but its still a spoiler.
Jun 8, 2019 10:35 AM

Apr 2018
phantomfandom said:
And since Lady Tamayo can say his name it means she was transformed to demon not by Kibutsuji, so demon existed before Kibutsuji and there are someone other than him can turn people into demon

Gytanzo said:
I don't really understand the curse though. Does a demon die if they say Kitsuji's name? Is that how it works? Why didn't Tamayo die then?
ah yeah just re-watch episode 8.
Jfs_Jun 8, 2019 11:02 AM
Jun 8, 2019 10:39 AM

Sep 2017
Even in death, that arrow demon still shows to be a nuisance. It's remarkable that Tanjiro is able to move at all after going through that ordeal. Nezuko getting gradually more and more powerful and learning how to kick the balls back was really entertaining to watch. I sort of wish we could have gotten to see them go all out though. The ball demon's death was pretty sad. Maybe she really was just a child when she was turned into a demon. I don't really understand the curse though. Does a demon die if they say Kitsuji's name? Is that how it works? Why didn't Tamayo die then? After all of that, they weren't even that powerful relatively speaking? Nezuko treating them like family was really cute. Glad he didn't get rid of the imouto. Good. I would have dropped the show if Nezuko went AFK. We also finally see one of his "team members."
Jun 8, 2019 10:39 AM

Jul 2015
Wow that football match

Zenitsu appears.Finally we are enetring the best parts of the manga.

Jun 8, 2019 10:42 AM
Sep 2015
Jfs_ said:
phantomfandom said:
ah yeah just re-watch episode 8.

Thank so she can remove his curse.
Jun 8, 2019 11:06 AM
Sep 2018
Jfs_ said:
Such a beautiful episodes.

Xenocrisi said:

this.

This is considered the worst part? Damn am i hyped for what is to come then.

Battle shounen as a genre is somthing that has fallen out of flavour for me pretty hard, Kimetsu no Yaiba proved to me that i'm still able to enjoy it.
Jun 8, 2019 11:14 AM
Jun 2017
OrigamiHawk said:
Just thinking that it might not be the best idea to kill Kibutsuji if he's the one preventing the demons from creating alliances with each other... Who knows what they could do in teams? But well... This is only just my theory so I could be completely wrong.

Well, we saw what these two could do together with little time to practice and coordinate. Imagine bigger teams of demons with time to prepare strategies.
Jun 8, 2019 11:17 AM
Jun 2015
I wonder who the 12 members of the phantom Trou-I mean Twelve moons are? XD
Jun 8, 2019 11:42 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I love how this show goes from the gory and horrific to the tender and cute with such casualness.

Tamayo is a sweet demon lady, but she packs a mighty punch with that magic of hers. That spell of hers was something else.

And yes, Nezuko is a beauty but her sweetness trumps it all.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 8, 2019 11:45 AM
Mar 2015
It took all his strength to take down arrow demon. His sister held off the other demon until the demon could cast a curse using her affiliation to the bad guy against her Again we are seeing that at their hearts the demons are basically young children who were turned into demons
Jun 8, 2019 12:00 PM

Dec 2016
I really just can't get over how good this show looks, and holy fuck are the effect animations god tier
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jun 8, 2019 12:31 PM
Aug 2017
OrigamiHawk said:

The demons are free to create alliances with each other as long as they still listen to Muzan and serve him. It is useless if demons fight each other anyway because they can't kill each other, only the sun, the Nichirin blade and Muzan himself can kill demons. In fact, the demons can do whatever they want as long as they obey Muzan.
Jun 8, 2019 12:31 PM
Jul 2018
Best character just got introduced
Jun 8, 2019 12:35 PM
Aug 2017
Gytanzo said:
Even in death, that arrow demon still shows to be a nuisance. It's remarkable that Tanjiro is able to move at all after going through that ordeal. Nezuko getting gradually more and more powerful and learning how to kick the balls back was really entertaining to watch. I sort of wish we could have gotten to see them go all out though. The ball demon's death was pretty sad. Maybe she really was just a child when she was turned into a demon. I don't really understand the curse though. Does a demon die if they say Kitsuji's name? Is that how it works? Why didn't Tamayo die then? After all of that, they weren't even that powerful relatively speaking? Nezuko treating them like family was really cute. Glad he didn't get rid of the imouto. Good. I would have dropped the show if Nezuko went AFK. We also finally see one of his "team members."

The demons die when they say Muzan name. In the last episode, Tamayo said she tweaked her body and remove Muzan's curse. Currently, Tamayo and Yushiro are the only demons that are not under Muzan's control.
Jun 8, 2019 1:50 PM
Swallowtail

Feb 2014
Wait a second. Can someone explain me one thing? Tanjiro came to this town because he was sent there as a demon slayer by the crow. Since he’s now getting a new assignment, he must have completed the last one. Then who was the demon he was supposed to kill? Kibutsuji? Or the temari and arrow demons? I kinda missed this moment lol.
Jun 8, 2019 2:00 PM

Nov 2016
Those two weren't even part of the 12, yet they were still pretty strong already. Somehow typical:S

And Kibusuji is truly a devil, but not that I would've expected anything less. His cruelty towards his henchmen along with the display of their innocent side gave me chills. Love it how this series puts emphasis on portraying even enemies in a positive light.

Also dig the bond between Nezuko and Tamayo

Lelouch0202 said:
the best part was when she hugged Tamayo and patted Yushiro on the head, that was so sweet. <3

So you finally get it Yushiro, Nezuko is indeed a beauty. XD

And yeah, took him long enough xD

Great episode overall.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 8, 2019 2:08 PM
Jan 2019
This was great. The previous episode was a bit weak, but this one really improved on the action. It was genuinely horrifying when arms shot out of the demon and crushed her skull, and you had to feel a little bad for it.

The scene in which Nezuko mistakes the two friendly demons for humans almost made me cry. Imagine living your life for at least two-hundred years thinking you've lost your humanity and believing you're less than a human being, and then this kid proves that you still have what makes you "human."

Jun 8, 2019 2:43 PM

May 2016
I always feel bad for those demons at the end :-;

That way of killing your own subordinates is so fucking gruesome.

when Tanjiro told Tamayo about Nezuko consider them as humans was really heartwarming.
Jun 8, 2019 2:45 PM
Oct 2012
Kurosawa-san said:
Wait a second. Can someone explain me one thing? Tanjiro came to this town because he was sent there as a demon slayer by the crow. Since he’s now getting a new assignment, he must have completed the last one. Then who was the demon he was supposed to kill? Kibutsuji? Or the temari and arrow demons? I kinda missed this moment lol.

The mission is to hunt down the demon spotted in the town there wasn't a particular case, considering Muzan used two normal demons to hunt them instead of one of the real twelve demon moons, it's probably one of the two demons, if not both. Tamayo could also be the demon, considering she said some kids or elderly figured out she was demon and the news were spreading.
Jun 8, 2019 3:01 PM

Feb 2013
Muzan doesn't mess around with his underlings, damn, that was brutal.
It's a pity Yushiro and Tamayo will go somewhere else.
Jun 8, 2019 3:24 PM
Swallowtail

Feb 2014
Eniie said:
Kurosawa-san said:

The mission is to hunt down the demon spotted in the town there wasn't a particular case, considering Muzan used two normal demons to hunt them instead of one of the real twelve demon moons, it's probably one of the two demons, if not both. Tamayo could also be the demon, considering she said some kids or elderly figured out she was demon and the news were spreading.

Ow, ok, thanks, I just though it would be more similar to the first case. But that makes sense.
Jun 8, 2019 3:32 PM

May 2018
It's just a friendly game of hopscotch with red arrows and soccer with a red ball, I swear
Jun 8, 2019 4:23 PM
Jun 2016
Nezuko's loli kicks are awesome!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2019 4:27 PM

May 2015
Even though I didn't like the fight in the previous episode I still didn't expect to dislike this episode so much as well. I literally disliked every bit of it. The only exception was the hug and that's it.

I hope the next story will be better but judging by the glimpse of new characters they gave us I'm already annoyed.

Really, this anime was quite interesting so far with a bit slow introduction, I waited for it to become more intense and fleshed out with general story but the last 2 episodes made me seriously consider just dropping it.
Jun 8, 2019 4:28 PM

Sep 2016
Xenocrisi said:

Those were the worst part? Then the upcoming episodes are gonna be better than the episodes which I already thought was stupidly good? Damn then sign me up
Jun 8, 2019 4:32 PM
Apr 2016
RaiRye said:

Those were the worst part? Then the upcoming episodes are gonna be better than the episodes which I already thought was stupidly good? Damn then sign me up

It will depend on how ufotable adapts them of course, but if they can keep up this kind of quality then the anime will only get better from here. And yeah, the consensus is that what they have adapted so far is the weakest part of the manga.
Jun 8, 2019 5:18 PM

Sep 2017
Just saying... arrow hands guy probably could have won if he went all out like that before getting his head cut off. That was pretty brutal tho. All that just for saying the dudes name as well.
Jun 8, 2019 5:27 PM

Oct 2015
Felt bad for that demon girl when Tamayo cast that curse on her, it was a bit a emotional even though she's killed many before, especially when she asked for Mari.

Tanjiro really loves Nezuko, I mean who wouldn't! I wouldn't leave my only family to anyone either.

That pathetic idiot who begged a girl to marry her because he was gonna die was my highlight! New partnership ahead I hope.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 8, 2019 5:40 PM

Jul 2016
Nice art and animation, liked that football match xD. Tamayo and Yushiro goodbye next is that yellow haired kid. The curse is pretty gore and MJ wannabee is OP and Tanjiro heightened his hatred towards him. To the next episode.

Jun 8, 2019 6:39 PM

Dec 2013
It was a lot of fun watching the two kicking the ball at each other repeatedly.

That was a brutal way to die.

I like how Nezuko was nodding off at the end of the fight lol
Jun 8, 2019 7:35 PM

Aug 2013
Slick, clean I like.
Jun 8, 2019 8:08 PM

Nov 2013
Yea, first episode that left me disappointed. Too many things ignored or glossed over for my liking.

1. Just 2 episodes ago they were giving Tanjiro a new quest of collecting blood, yet at the end of this episode Tamayo is skipping town and Tanjiro says farewell without getting any way to contact them (RIP blood collecting)

2. How did encountering Kibutsuji Muzan not cause a bigger stir with the Demon Slayer corps (unless he omitted that part or they skipped the reporting all together)
Anime Collection: Libib
PSN: Moontei
Jun 8, 2019 8:32 PM
Apr 2016
Chisel said:

1. Just 2 episodes ago they were giving Tanjiro a new quest of collecting blood, yet at the end of this episode Tamayo is skipping town and Tanjiro says farewell without getting any way to contact them (RIP blood collecting)

2. How did encountering Kibutsuji Muzan not cause a bigger stir with the Demon Slayer corps (unless he omitted that part or they skipped the reporting all together)

Jun 8, 2019 9:06 PM
Mar 2017
Finally the battle against the assassins that Kibutsuji sent has ended and Tanjirou with Nezuko survived.

Yahaba despite having been beheaded, never gave up and gave Tanjirou a good shake, but he saved himself thanks to his water breathe techniques, even so Yahaba fought until he finally disintegrated and Tanjirou was free.
Nezuko managed to obtain the strength to return Susamaru's temari balls, that epic fight of which one of them kicked the ball harder was incredible.
Leaving aside the action again Nezuko highlighted her lovely nature, I loved how she gave a head pat to Yushiro in the middle of the battle.
Tamayo and her demonic technique of illusion was very useful, it was the death sentence of Susamaru, who finally dies at the hands of her master's curse, which if I am sincere was quite cruel and grotesque, that way in which those monsters arms came out of the interior of Susamaru and they finally broke her was brutal and finally it was Tanjirou who witnessed in the first seat how cruel and despicable Kibutsuji Muzan can be.
It's a pity that Yahaba and Susamaru were not from the group of the twelve demons moons, but what surprised me is that Tamayo said these two demons were not strong, what kind of brutal strength will have the true members of this group?

The scene in which Nezuko hugged Tamayo was very touching, especially because of what Tanjirou said, that Nezuko considers Tamayo and Yushiro as humans and because of the suggestion to which she was subjected, she considers them both as her family, but to see Tamayo cry for happiness ... damn right in the feelings and the best part was to hear Yushiro admit that Nezuko is cute, also she is too adorable when she gives a head pat again to Yushiro.
Tamayo offered Tanjirou to take care of Nezuko while he travels, but I love to see that Nezuko does not want to separate from her brother, these siblings will remain united to defeat stronger demons until they kill Kibutsuji and restore the humanity to Nezuko
Tanjirou and Nezuko continue on their way, now knowing that they have two new allies in this dangerous world.

The music during the battle of Nezuko against Susamaru I liked, especially in how it accompanied to the perfection as the strength of the kicks and the speed of the ball were growing.
At last we will meet the blond boy who passed the selecion, but seeing his pathetic and humiliating scene with the girl to whom he begged marriage, I assume he will make me laugh a lot, also the name of the next episode has me intrigued.
salbery755Jun 8, 2019 9:10 PM
Jun 8, 2019 9:19 PM

Jul 2016
Did Nezuko really imitate Hyuga's famous Tiger Shot? Man, he would be so proud.

Nice episode overall although I found the second half more enjoyable with Nezuko hugging Tamayo-sama and all the emotional atmosphere that was settled around them.

Also, the blond demon slayer makes his second appearance and it seems he will join Tanjirou in the next episode. I just hope he doesn't be too annoying as the OP shows him.
Jun 8, 2019 9:29 PM

May 2011
When the arrows were sticking through Tanjirou's body, I thought he was gonna split him into multiple pieces by simultaneously pulling him on all different directions. I was like "wowww how's he gonna survive that??", but was then followed by a big disappointed "oh..." when the arrow is just throwing him around the places instead. Felt kinda lame since the demon could have been really OP. And I'm still not convinced at how he was able to misdirect the arrows to take down his head too xD.
Jun 8, 2019 9:46 PM
Apr 2019
Chisel said:
Yea, first episode that left me disappointed. Too many things ignored or glossed over for my liking.

Not to mention Nezuko plot shenanigans keep piling up. Last episode the soccer ball cut her leg clean off she got healed and now she’s kicking it no problem. No explanation at all
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Yesterday, 12:21 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

34 by guts4ever »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

19 by Naveen6662246 »»
Apr 22, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 19, 11:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.