Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Carole & Tuesday
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 10, 2019 3:42 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's out on Netflix Japan.

Pretty interesting premiere with the amount of character emotions in this so far. Not to mention, I like the way the characters debuted in particular Tuesday. What's also interesting is some of the journal entries in this show.

Carole and Tuesday are two characters that has a decent amount of character chemistry already just in this first episode. (nice brofist). That ED theme is catchy and charming. "Pick up to dance, pick up again"~
Stark700Apr 10, 2019 3:46 AM
Apr 10, 2019 5:05 AM
Nov 2018
This show is basically the GOAT, the best opening i've ever heard and extremely nice animation with beautiful character chemistry and emotional like only itslef can be. This is Instant AOTY, Instant Classic.
Apr 10, 2019 6:08 AM
Sep 2016
Not really a fan of how unnatural it feels when the music starts playing cause on top of the obvious switch between voice actors and singers you can feel the sound's not coming from the character's environment but rather a studio and it just breaks the immersion for me.
Kinda disappointed on that front cause it seemed like they were taking that aspect of the sound design into account (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzxqk2dVvf4) but I guess not? Hope that won't be much of recurring issue and the story and character writing can carry it moving forward.
Direction was mostly okay. Love some of the establishing shots showing the world's technology along with the character intros.
JudoJDApr 10, 2019 6:15 AM
1.1.Six
Apr 10, 2019 9:37 AM

Nov 2007
The girls featured in the anime trying their best to reaching their dreams, even Angela, which is interesting (thought she was just purely snobby, but she is trying to change from child actress to idol). The most interesting and unexpected character was HiroC's character (Tao), who was emotionless.

The main two somehow clicked on and finished a song. With them putting their photos online, I fear that Tuesday's family would see it and went to them and get her...

Miyu-Miyu's character still hasn't appeared yet.

Both OP (even though it didn't air in first ep., short PV is available) and ED have different style and I like both.
tsubasaloverApr 10, 2019 9:52 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 10, 2019 10:57 AM

Aug 2017
Wow, that was ok, I guess.

First, the animation is amazing. I love it.

I'm afraid that with the romance tag the show will become a stupid yuri. Please, stay as friends.
NurguburuApr 15, 2019 7:17 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 10, 2019 11:08 AM

Sep 2016
Nothing special, but better than most anime this season that's for sure
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 10, 2019 11:37 AM

Dec 2017
I'm really digging the art and music. Was the singing done by the same voice actors? They're very good :]

Edit: Nvm, English singers but very good nonetheless
MichaelBaysWaifuApr 10, 2019 11:41 AM
Apr 10, 2019 12:18 PM
Feb 2015
JudoJD said:
Not really a fan of how unnatural it feels when the music starts playing cause on top of the obvious switch between voice actors and singers you can feel the sound's not coming from the character's environment but rather a studio and it just breaks the immersion for me.
Kinda disappointed on that front cause it seemed like they were taking that aspect of the sound design into account (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzxqk2dVvf4) but I guess not? Hope that won't be much of recurring issue and the story and character writing can carry it moving forward.
Direction was mostly okay. Love some of the establishing shots showing the world's technology along with the character intros.

Don't know what you're talking about at all. It flowed nicely and sounded natural.
Apr 10, 2019 12:43 PM

Dec 2017
eh, didn't expect it to be so dramatized. really not my kind of thing

rich girl running away cuz her family is overprotective and doesn't understand her and fugitive girl facing the hardships of customer service gather together to perform and be famous and shit. oh, and also romance, i assume? dunno how that works out in a professional environment, but ok...

sci-fi first tag really is unneeded, it's misleading
Apr 10, 2019 12:59 PM

Oct 2017
Funded by Netflix, produced by Bones.

Insane production quality of first episode, refreshing yet detailed world building, intriguing plot, and interesting + multidimensional characters.
All of this on top of profesional singers doing the music, with non generic plot.

Do you know how rare to see background not important passengers and background objects all get animated nowadays?

This could easily be the AOTS material. It's shocking how Mal overlooked this while most other Asian countries already hype this to death. Well I guess Mal only like Isekai and Shonen.
Ventus_SApr 10, 2019 1:07 PM
Apr 10, 2019 1:00 PM

Nov 2016
And here I thought both girls would meet on the train xD

Not saying that this will be as good as something like Nana, but we're off to a great start. Visuals, tone and music, they're all high quality. Carole's and Tuesday's chemistry is enjoyable too.

I think Gunjou no Magmel has been dethroned, best premiere this season and I'm so glad that it's 24 episodes.

@jsaturn raws are already out.

Ok, rewatched the episode and it was even more enjoyable, some minor flaws like the lack of faces during some scenes are bearable. And wtf guys, why are a noticeable amount of people here wary of yuri? XD It's like friendship between girls is a foreign concept for some. There's a romance tag, but that can mean anything.
FMmatronApr 11, 2019 9:02 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 10, 2019 1:07 PM
Sep 2016
how did you guys already watch it lol
Apr 10, 2019 1:54 PM
Feb 2015
jsaturn said:
how did you guys already watch it lol

Netflix Japan has episode 1 already
Apr 10, 2019 2:00 PM
Sep 2016
FMmatron said:

Not saying that this will be as good as something like Nana, but we're off to a great start. Visuals, tone and music, they're all high quality. Carole's and Tuesday's chemistry is enjoyable too.

I think Gunjou no Magmel has been dethroned, best premiere this season and I'm so glad that it's 24 episodes.

FMmatron said:

do you know if anyone is going to sub it?
Apr 10, 2019 2:06 PM

Nov 2016
jsaturn said:
FMmatron said:

FMmatron said:

do you know if anyone is going to sub it?

Someone will surely do it, we just have to wait a bit.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 10, 2019 2:07 PM
Sep 2016
botomonogatari said:
JudoJD said:

Don't know what you're talking about at all. It flowed nicely and sounded natural.

Really? When they're just talking the sound design is fine but when the music comes on...
That sounds like someone actually singing on a street or people singing in a room to you?(much less without microphones) Interesting. How so?
JudoJDApr 10, 2019 2:20 PM
1.1.Six
Apr 10, 2019 2:33 PM

Aug 2017
Not a bad start, we will see how it continues. Visuals were pretty good, oh and that song they sang together was nice. It was something different using english va to sing, but it didn't sound off at least to me which is a plus, it flowed nicely.
Apr 10, 2019 2:51 PM
Feb 2015
JudoJD said:
botomonogatari said:

Really? When they're just talking the sound design is fine but when the music comes on...
That sounds like someone actually singing on a street or people singing in a room to you?(much less without microphones) Interesting. How so?
Still don't hear anything off about it whatsoever. High music production is always a welcomed thing.
Apr 10, 2019 3:09 PM
Jul 2017
JudoJD said:

Are you sure its not your ears failing you (for the scene in the room), or you having unreasonable expectation (for the scene on the street)? The former sounds completely natural to me, and the latter is just as fine. Yes, the ambient noise from the street (which is present during the dialogue) is cut and the music track is focused, just like any insert song of an anime or film or TV drama. And it shouldn't sound like it's being recorded in an open area to replicate the environment, just as you would never expect characters' dialogue, say, out in the field or on the street, sounds like one in real life.
wilfangApr 10, 2019 3:29 PM
Apr 10, 2019 3:49 PM
Jul 2017
i can't find their account Instagram...
Apr 10, 2019 6:01 PM
Aug 2018
BONES SAVING ANIME YET AGAIN THIS SEASON...........................
What is it with them these days? Last season we got Mob Psycho 100 II which was amazing. And now we got Carole & Tuesday, Bones gone out of their way to hire professional english singers. I'm digging the artstyle and animation too, most likely will be my anime of the season by the end of it.

MORE PEOPLE NEED TO WATCH THIS
But i'm sure they're gonna talk about OPM and AOT all season.

SHINICHIRO WATANABE YOU"RE A LEGEND
Apr 10, 2019 9:52 PM

Jan 2013
panjipewe said:
i can't find their account Instagram...

https://www.instagram.com/carole_and_tuesday/
Apr 10, 2019 11:22 PM

May 2018
"If you do it again manager will replace you with an AI" is not too far away imo lol
Apr 11, 2019 2:36 AM

Oct 2017

Holy shit, in ep1 they're suppose to have 0 sub, now it's already 3700 in real time XD. (I sub them too , hahaha)
Apr 11, 2019 3:12 AM
Mar 2016
First of all that ED is super catchy.

I find the world more intriguing than the characters. I love the details and architecture of the world. Music is good too. But I guess characters were too randomly introduced without giving much to them.

Overall a good start.
Apr 11, 2019 3:24 AM

Oct 2010
Wonderful, the first episode is beautiful 💕 the characters, the animation, the soundtrack, and the story are a perfection 💓
The characters emotion really pierce through my heart, this one is a big candidates for AOTS and the best ost in the year. This one have many potentials in the future.

Did anyone know that carole & tuesday instagram accoumt really exist in real world?? If you're curious try to search carole_&_tuesday in instagram
miostApr 11, 2019 4:55 AM

Apr 11, 2019 3:34 AM

Jun 2016
The only part that could be somewhat better was how the girls met. I mean it's actually believable, but they could have shown that in the second episode at least. Putting that aside, everything else felt incredible. I really dig the sci-fi setting, the visuals are gorgeous, the soundtrack is amazing and the characters seem to have very strong chemistry. The story looks very promising as well.
YojouhanApr 16, 2019 2:17 AM

Apr 11, 2019 4:47 AM
Jan 2016
Hm, not usually my type of show, but seems interesting enough and Watanabe hasn't disappointed me yet.

JudoJD said:

While I personally didn't mind it, I hear what you're saying. I'm assuming they wanted to make every performance sound good rather than authentic, but it would have been nice to actually hear their performance actually start amateurish so we can appreciate them improve.

Now I'm positive this won't happen, but kinda wishing they'll have a cameo of the Bebop crew hidden in the crowd sometime down the road.
Apr 11, 2019 7:08 AM

Aug 2014
im actually more hyped for this one than the other show thats coming out this season
Apr 11, 2019 7:33 AM

Aug 2013
Shinichiro Watanabe
Studio BONES
Netflix production
Non-idol music anime

Expectations are pretty damn high right now. First episode wasn't bad. I was not expecting to have English voices on the singing part. Interested to see how this goes.
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 11, 2019 8:02 AM

Apr 2013
Other than the awkward animation depicting Tuesday running away from her house, the rest of the show is incredible in terms of art and music.

Their duet is amazing. Can't wait to see how awesome it would sound when they completed a full-fledged song.

Oh, too bad we have to wait a little longer for the OP. I had been breaking the replay button in Youtube already.

Apr 11, 2019 8:29 AM
Aug 2018
but those the show contain yuri or bait?
Apr 11, 2019 8:32 AM
Sep 2018
FragileGlass said:
but those the show contain yuri or bait?
neither, so far.

Something, something, 30 characters.
Apr 11, 2019 8:48 AM

Feb 2018
Can someone tell me is this going to be a Yuri. Cause if it is I'm out!
Currently trying to find a nekomimi IRL . Contact me if you see any!
Apr 11, 2019 8:51 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
This is the best looking show of the season so far, and it has no source material so you won't be able to tell if its going to involve girls love.
Apr 11, 2019 9:10 AM
Aug 2018
FMmatron said:

Ok, rewatched the episode and it was even more enjoyable, some minor flaws like the lack of faces during some scenes are bearable. And wtf guys, why are a noticeable amount of people here wary of yuri? XD It's like friendship between girls is a foreign concept for some. There's a romance tag, but that can mean anything.
Yeah it’s getting ridiculous, it’s pissing me off when there’s always people saying it’s “Yuri” when there is nothing that makes it obvious that it will happen.
Apr 11, 2019 9:19 AM

Jun 2011
It's interesting. Carole and Tuesday have a cute relationship. That model, Angela I think her name is kind of snobby though. Not surprising since people in Alba City seem mean.

Another thing I didn't like was Tuesday's backstory with her family not seeming to like her wanting to pursue music, looks like they got a Miguel from Coco situation going on.

It seems pretty good so far but not great.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Apr 11, 2019 9:29 AM

May 2015
I have watched only the first episode and I am already shipping them. It's a pity that there is not a great chance of this story turning out to be yuri.
Apr 11, 2019 10:12 AM

Feb 2011
All I can say is... Thank God for Shinichiro Watanabe & Studio Bones
Apr 11, 2019 10:23 AM

Mar 2016
We went from "Trigger saving anime" to "Bones saving anime". Will the latter be the case for this show? I don't really know for sure, but this is an anime-original, so anything can happen.

P.S. The character designs remind me of Eureka Seven.
Apr 11, 2019 10:31 AM
Jan 2015
First episode of Carole & Tuesday was really melancholy and bittersweet as we see Carol run from her home and rich lifestyle in search of something new and to find someone who wants to achieve the same purpose as her in life, which is singing. It was great getting insights into what kind of life and upbringing Carole and Tuesday had and it's amazing to see they are chasing their dreams, their duet at the end was bittersweet and really amazing to hear and as a duo they clicked really well! Alba City looks really futuristic and i'd love to live there haha, the art for Carole and Tuesday looks great and I hope there is more character development next episode. Also the part with Angela and that other dude was interesting, he spells trouble to me! Overall a solid episode, the music flowed really well.

Mod edit: Removed advertising.
DeadlyRavenMay 5, 2020 6:12 AM
Apr 11, 2019 10:31 AM

Jan 2015
I really really loved the dynamic between Carole and Tuesday.
Now, if you excuse me, I’m gonna look for them on Instagram

Looks like I found them for real LMFAO
XenocrisiApr 11, 2019 10:35 AM
Apr 11, 2019 10:32 AM

Sep 2017
I feel mixed so far. The animation and music are great, probably the best of the season, but the dialogue is just poorly written. It often has Tuesday saying very shoujo tropey vague expression of teeny sentimentalism that would simply be awkward in real life.

The setting is also pretty unimaginative. It looks like they just cram every skyscrapers in the world in one city. And the "old" part of the city just looks exactly like NYC. Why would you have so many 19C style old buildings in a Mars colony? Anyways, all these problems will be rendered unimportant if the story turns out to be good. Hopefully it will.
Apr 11, 2019 10:54 AM
Nov 2018
Can't take off my hype for this. Gotta be anime of the season along with Kimetsu no Yaiba...I guess...?
Apr 11, 2019 11:02 AM

Oct 2012
It feels so fresh! Really liked the beginning of it already. Their first song together was great~
Apr 11, 2019 11:16 AM

Sep 2012
Eh... Gives me Apollon flashbacks. Looks like an empty shell with whimsical setting that could have been different - so does not really seem to be part of narratively coherent project. Also characters seem very black and white and overdone, as if the childish emphasis of their traits was needed for viewer to get the point.
Not my cup of tea.
Apr 11, 2019 11:17 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I like this. This was a pretty decent first episode with insane production values. I'm not to crazy about the character designs (what is it with that haircut?) but they're ok I suppose and the detail and animation was top, top notch for a series.
I get the feeling that MAL won't be too kind with it though. It's not a hype show based on a visual novel/manga or videogames, it's on Netflix which is a big no no in MAL and doesn't look like it will have a lot of humour either. Let's see.

Haxr57 said:
"If you do it again manager will replace you with an AI" is not too far away imo lol

That's actually pretty true for idols and prefab pop bands. In the distant future, only songwriters will be safe (and even they are at peril if AI keeps evolving).
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 11, 2019 11:37 AM

Jun 2016
Wow! That was a great start :)
I like the two main girls so far.. specially Tuesday, she's just too cute and sweet. Can't wait to see more, its nice to see its gonna be two cours.
Apr 11, 2019 11:48 AM

Oct 2015
Super super excited for this one. The music was great, both MC's are interesting enough, visuals are nice, animation is Bones so I don't have to say more on that, and the world building was creative and well done. I don't have a single bad thing to say about the show other than how much I hate netflix for not simulcasting it.
Apr 11, 2019 12:00 PM
Jun 2014
was quite hyped for this anime and IT DID NOT DISAPPOINT. like i saw someone comment under the video, i also almost started to tear up when they were playing together. this anime really reminds me of Nana. just me?

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

82 by Shikkakku »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2019

77 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 23, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2019

85 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 23, 7:37 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

81 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 22, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2019

134 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 21, 8:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.