Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 18, 2019 1:14 PM

Jun 2017
I felt like this episode was just okay. Perhaps it's because of last week, but this felt very much like filler. It was an okay story, just not as interesting as the past ones have been. Still loving this anime, however.
Feb 18, 2019 1:23 PM

Feb 2018
Filler or not, it was a really satisfying change after last episode with Mio. I truly didn't expect a good ending but I was wrong and I'm happy with that.
Feb 18, 2019 1:33 PM
Apr 2016
Nice episode. I always wanted something like that, when there is no distinct conflict and the monsters are shown to also be receptive to Zen. There is really no solid storytelling, but we can guess she is not one of the demons that tried to take a whole child away, as she does not even kill people. As someone mentioned, it was good not having to suffer through another breakdown or bloody scene, for once.
luinthoron said:
Makes you wonder which part of his body Hyakkimaru gave up on to let this one go (assuming she's one of the 48 as well), but I'd say it was still the right decision.

We should assume the demons who took part in the pact are all inherently evil, just like Buddha who stalled them is inherently good. This however was not a demon but a monster, and one which is forced to live like a monster, but also does not cause needless evil, as she can survive without taking lives. She even lost her "bad" aura after caring for the good guy.
Tizzona said:
I honestly still cant fully tell if hyakkimaru understands japanese or not. The chuckle kinda made me assume he does but not sure.

It really was not something we can base him understanding the language or not on. He saw Dororo not needlessly... murder the spider, just like he himself did not slay the spider girl. The experience affected them both and Hyakkimaru is chuckling at that, I believe.
Daniel_NaumovFeb 18, 2019 1:41 PM
Re:formed
Feb 18, 2019 1:41 PM
Jul 2018
Wholeheartedly liked this episodic episode. maybe filler but all the way worth it to just hear Hyakkimaru's voice at the end. Not to mention Hyakkimaru deciding not to kill her was definitely showed to his other good side.
removed-userFeb 18, 2019 1:52 PM
Feb 18, 2019 1:45 PM

Apr 2017
this was so wholesome. i'm actually really glad that hyakkimaru let this one go (i'm assuming she's one of the 48) even if it cost him a body part. i'm really loving this series more than i thought i would.
Feb 18, 2019 1:47 PM

Jul 2012
"Weak" episode, I guess it's to breathe a bit since the pace won't be able to keep up if it goes like the last episodes.

Anyways, Hyakkimaru spared her because she wasn't that evil, does that mean he might not recover all limbs?

Anyways I liked it to slow the pace a bit, I don't want a 12 or 24 episode series from a long manga
Feb 18, 2019 2:08 PM

Mar 2018
Lul women are all just spiders (except my mama) who suck the life out my fellow brothers, this ep was average and the animation and art are getting dull
poop
Feb 18, 2019 2:28 PM

Oct 2010
Great episode. Felt good after last week lol
Feb 18, 2019 2:30 PM

Sep 2011
After such a heartbreaking episode this was a welcome one with a happy ending. I guess this is the first time that the youkai isn't "bad."

She didn't kill, she won't kill, and the two of them are going to live together from now on because they came to care about each other. I liked the message that life is precious. Hyakkimaru, even after going through that pain, didn't become a monster. But I can't believe that the man just put rice into that bowl without even washing it or something after taking out the cockroach. lol
Feb 18, 2019 2:32 PM
Feb 2016
luinthoron said:
Makes you wonder which part of his body Hyakkimaru gave up on to let this one go (assuming she's one of the 48 as well), but I'd say it was still the right decision.

I don't think she's one of his pieces, just a regular ghoul
Feb 18, 2019 2:32 PM
Jul 2018
What a romance. :D

The laugh at the end and aww, Dororo won't kill the spider and Hyakkimaru didn't either.
Feb 18, 2019 2:52 PM
Jul 2016
fucking loved this episode. It gave me warm feelings inside.

Nice to see the monster turn good.

Nice to see how they fell in love because they both went hungry.

This is an amazing anime which doesnt explain too many things but lets the watcher interpretet some things on their own.

Getting a bit sad about so many people calling this a weak episode and a filler.

It was so nice.
Feb 18, 2019 3:04 PM

Apr 2015
We really needed a more lighthearted episode after the rollercoaster of the last 2 episodes. Nice happy ending for the Youkai/Human couple.

Hyakkimaru's short laugh at the end was nice, I honestly can't wait for him to properly speak!
Feb 18, 2019 3:39 PM
Feb 2019
Wonderful Episode!
That's all i can say. Ohagi's reaction when her lover say: "he'd prefer to live as her prey", it's really got me
Feb 18, 2019 4:06 PM
Apr 2016
Interesting chemistry between the spider woman & that guy, lovely. Imagine if that spider bite Dororo got at the end killed him, hahaha would be hilarious.... good episode.
Feb 18, 2019 4:14 PM
Aug 2018
I loved this episode aaaaaa
I get why ppl say it is filler but it was necessary imo to give me a stronger connection to dororo and hyakkimaru, not to mention how great the soundtrack was for most of the episode
Reminded me a lot of mushishi, and i may love my edgy stuff like last weeks ep but its nice to have a little breather especially if this show is gonna last 24 episodes
Feb 18, 2019 4:36 PM

Feb 2014
This show really does things that touch the heart in a peculiar way though they may seem little or whatnot. All lives are equal no matter the form.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Feb 18, 2019 4:42 PM

Jun 2015
For me it's the best episode so far. It having a happy end catched me offguard.
Feb 18, 2019 5:18 PM

Oct 2012
I'M SO HAPPY EVERYTHING END WELL, OH MY GOD.
Feb 18, 2019 5:20 PM

Oct 2014
_MushiRock11_ said:
Dororo mentioned something about Hyakkimaru getting his hearing back, I wonder if that was a sub mistake or just my eyes giving away there since he must’ve already gotten his ears back after that fight with accursed demon blade.

Maybe Dororo was mentioning the fact that thanks to him having his hearing back he could finally listen to the man asking to not kill her, making him able to considerate the act, while in the cursed demon blade he couldn't hear the woman asking to not kill her brother, ending up killing him. :)

Great refreshing episode! Finally some happy endings! I believe there are demons and ghouls separately like the old monk referred on one episode, so this was like a sweet story aside of just killing the demons episodic style. ;)

Loved the final Hyakkimaru's laugh hahaha!
Feb 18, 2019 5:26 PM
Jun 2017
Love this episode... and for the first time in this series, there is a monster that care for a human. Nice one..
Feb 18, 2019 5:45 PM

Apr 2016
Was this in the manga at all? Unless I really rushed through it, this is all new to me.
Feb 18, 2019 6:53 PM
Jan 2019
What a great message that transmits this episode: The value of each life.
Feb 18, 2019 7:34 PM

Jan 2013
What a fantastic episode, i wasn't expecting for a happy ending, i was really worried that he would kill her.
But damn, what a great and happy ending (it's a compensation for the previous 2 eps).

Wonder which part of Hyakkimaru's body that spider was.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 18, 2019 7:34 PM

Jan 2013
luinthoron said:

Exactly, i thought the same.
So you're telling me there are 48 parts of his body that are missing? damn!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 18, 2019 8:09 PM

Aug 2017
I'm glad that the spiderwoman and that dude are alive after that. She is not evil.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 18, 2019 8:11 PM
Mar 2015
She is not a demon she is a youkai out of Japanese folk lore. You can look it up
Feb 18, 2019 8:30 PM

Feb 2018
Another great episode with a happy ending. Honestly we needed that change of pace after the last episode. (I still felt a pang of sadness when I saw Mio in the OP...)

I like that it showed that sometimes even demons can have a human side, or that some demons are more human than others. Ohagi and the guy that was taking care of her formed a bond. We found out it was the guy that was "kidnapping" people, and he was actually helping them escape because their Lord is a terrible person apparently. He seemed like a really good person, and wasn't even scared when he saw Ohagi's true form.

The big moment came when Hyakkimaru saw Ohagi's spirit change color when she showed some humanity and he spared her, showing us that he hasn't become a monster regardless of the tragedy that he's endured. So no real plot progression but some character development on Hyakkimaru's part.

Honestly I liked Ohagi. For being a spider demon, she's not terrible.

I love the little chuckle Hyakkimaru gave at the end, that made me smile.

It's unfortunate that he didn't get a body part back this time, but maybe it's for the best as that hasn't been working out great for him anyway.
Feb 18, 2019 9:34 PM

May 2015
So, it was a story of a jorougumo, a spider youkai from the folklore
It is nice to see that things went well for the two, I expected Hyakki slaying her driven by his instincts. I appreciate the overall message that even insects and spiders are also life
Tales about humans and nonhumans bonding into pairs and making families were a thing since ancient times...
But the outcome of the nonhuman outliving their partner due being supernatural also happens, and might not be exception for today's featured couple (the guy even might die before reaching old age since he's volunteering to share his life force onwards)

♪ Rella Rella Rella Rella ♫
Feb 18, 2019 9:42 PM

May 2015
Bluekirby2 said:
Was this in the manga at all? Unless I really rushed through it, this is all new to me.

Never happened in manga, it is a filler episode. Though the only original episode so far in the anime, and not a bad one because it seemed quite in-universe considering the source.

♪ Rella Rella Rella Rella ♫
Feb 18, 2019 10:48 PM

May 2013
Just an amazing emotional episode. And hyakkimaru finally laughed.
Feb 18, 2019 11:15 PM

Jun 2015
AivanK said:
luinthoron said:

Exactly, i thought the same.
So you're telling me there are 48 parts of his body that are missing? damn!

he didn't give up any parts, spider lady was a monster not a Demon/devil! and also we got 12 demons so he lost 12 parts, in original it was 48 demons but they reduced it to 12 in new series
Feb 18, 2019 11:47 PM

Feb 2012
I'm really surprised the spider woman and the worker didn't have a tragic ending where one or both of them die. That's actually pretty touching that they escaped and got to be together. (Assuming the worker didn't die from his injuries)
Feb 18, 2019 11:47 PM

May 2015
Ohagi's voice...Miyuki Sawashiro?

What a nice episode. Hyakkimaru usually goes straight for the kill when he sees evil, but I noticed that when they encountered Ohagi escaping with Yajiro, he just stood there and didn't really move until Ohagi started attacking the guards. Seeing Ohagi's color change from red to a greenish color when she was tending to Yajiro shows that enemies can stop being evil in Hyakkimaru's eyes...Speaking of Hyakkimaru's eyes, if he regains his vision, will he lose his ability to see evil intent ala Daredevil?
Feb 19, 2019 1:23 AM

Feb 2017
After emotionally taxing episode last week I am glad we got one with a happy ending and a nice message.
Feb 19, 2019 2:10 AM

Feb 2007
Rei366 said:
@luinthoron There were 48 parts in the original story and its first adaptation.

Does say so on the page for this anime here as well.
Feb 19, 2019 2:20 AM

Mar 2016
A sincere episode, I liked it.

Feb 19, 2019 3:17 AM

Apr 2015
good to see hyakki control his bloodlust.
Feb 19, 2019 3:43 AM
Apr 2016
damdashdam said:
good to see hyakki control his bloodlust.

There was no "bloodlust"at all.
Feb 19, 2019 4:08 AM
Apr 2017
Haxr57 said:
Ok so he didn't kill her but then how'll he defeat all 12 demons? Sorry spiderwoman you'll have to die. unless of course there's some other solution

I'm pretty sure isn't one of the 12. I think there was a distinction made between ghouls and demons or something along those lines. Someone please correct me on this.
Feb 19, 2019 4:08 AM
Mar 2018
Haxr57 said:
Ok so he didn't kill her but then how'll he defeat all 12 demons? Sorry spiderwoman you'll have to die. unless of course there's some other solution

She is a youkai not a demon(from what i know) and he only have to kill demons which means that she'll live,probably.
Feb 19, 2019 4:17 AM

Dec 2015
So, the beast was evil (red aura) as long as it was simply feeding to survive and is not when it cares for another being? ...

This was a mandatory passage for thins kind of story but for a newly created episode, it felt pretty old and common.

3/5

Hime03 said:
Liked the ep. Predictable story-expect the happy ending. It really does seem like a kids show sometimes, like the 1969 one.

In wich way was the 1969 series a children series? (wasn't it a family TV show, given the airing time?)

@luinthoron There were 48 parts in the original story and its first adaptation.
They simply pasted the synopsis from the other page, I guess.

@GeeNX What do you mean? A long manga series would not be fully turned into 12eps. 26eps are usually used to translate 5-8tomes. And Dororo is a short series.
Rei_IIIFeb 19, 2019 4:24 AM
Feb 19, 2019 5:00 AM
Oct 2018
Mio can't have a happy ending but this dumb spider can??? I'm so sad but i'm also so happy for this dumb spider. GOD DAMN IT!
Feb 19, 2019 5:12 AM

May 2018
It was great episode! Usually i don't like those demons, but Ohagi was something else. She found a human that didn't think she was ugly spider that had to be killed. I hope we'll see them in future someday.

Hyakkimaru smiled omgggg <3 Loved it!
Feb 19, 2019 5:44 AM

Dec 2009
Predictable, but still good episode. It was obvious from the start that this was going to be about how monster might not be evil by nature, they're just feeding, while humans can be actually evil.

Still, the best parts are as always Hyakkimaru's development.
Feb 19, 2019 6:07 AM
Aug 2018
What did Dororo mean about Hyakkimaru getting his hearing back?
Feb 19, 2019 10:19 AM
Apr 2016
Kosarvin98 said:
What did Dororo mean about Hyakkimaru getting his hearing back?

Not clear to me either. As if he lost his hearing again after Mio was killed? Quite hard to follow really.
Feb 19, 2019 11:58 AM

Apr 2017
What a unique episode. I really appreciated it.
Feb 19, 2019 12:29 PM
May 2018
Honestly, I was very disappointed with this episode. Compared with the last episode, which I really liked, the pacing of this one was really off. The relationship between the Ohagi and Yajiro seemed like it really could have become a great story, if it wasn't all compressed into one 20 minute episode. If it was instead made into a 3 episode story, or at least 2, I believe that they could have made something great of it.

The animation and music sometimes also felt very off to me. Like, for example, when Ohagi and Yajiro were escaping the village, and they had just climbed up a cliff. Yajiro said something sweet to Ohagi, and she looked very surprised. After this, some romantic-ish type music started playing, but immediately stopped after about 1-2 seconds, when it was cut by some sort of intense chase-scene type of music, which was a really weird transition. Right before they had climbed up the mountain, when they were discussing how to escape, they both looked like some toddler's sketch, the animation was insanely ugly.

This is probably IMO the worst episode so far, by FAR. I had been enjoying the series alot up until now, but this one episode just doesn't sit right with me. It's very sad to see, as I believe that this story of the relationship between Ohagi and Yajiro could have been one of the best in the series, it really possesed great potential.

If I'd have to rate this episode from 1-10, I'd probably give it a 5.5, not the worst I've ever seen, but definitely very disappointing for the standards that have been set for the series after episode 1-6.
Feb 19, 2019 1:49 PM

May 2016
Happy ending hopefully YAY.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Is Dororo a boy or a girl ? ( 1 2 )

JanPri - Jan 15, 2019

80 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:39 AM

» Possible reason for such ending

Raajdeep - Oct 21, 2023

24 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2019

204 by Shadowwolf21 »»
Apr 7, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2019

108 by Bubblarz »»
Mar 31, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2019

442 by Flomik »»
Mar 25, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.