Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 18, 2019 5:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A spider youkai huh? Seems their world is never safe.

On the other hand, we got other humans trying to exterminate her. She turned out to be one of the more dangerous youkai with those abilities and I didn't find it surprising. However, she also shows a decent amount of human feelings for a youkai.
Feb 18, 2019 5:54 AM
Sep 2017
This week we had Jorogumo, a spider youkai from Japanese folktales. It was a nice short story. Thanks Mappa, we needed a breather after last week's episode.
Sunny_goFeb 19, 2019 12:06 PM
Feb 18, 2019 6:39 AM

Apr 2016
Honestly i was not expecting the happy end .. but i was hoping for one.
Feb 18, 2019 6:47 AM

Mar 2015
A happy ending for a weird couple. Do you think they can have half human half ayakashi children?
Also Let's mark this as an anniversary for the first time Hyakimaru laughed. although we couldn't see it completely.
Feb 18, 2019 6:49 AM
Oct 2018
welcome change of pace after last week
Feb 18, 2019 6:59 AM

Nov 2016
Such heartwarming episode, Hyakkimaru is not a monster (yet) after all
Feb 18, 2019 7:00 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Really liked watching the spider youkai being changed by the other man's life philosophy. :)

Swagernator said:
Honestly i was not expecting the happy end .. but i was hoping for one.

Took the words right out of me.

Hyakkimaru's little chuckle at the end was gold.
Feb 18, 2019 7:00 AM

Sep 2016
Even though that was heart-warming to see the Jorogumo developing feelings for a human, it still looks creepy af
Feb 18, 2019 7:05 AM

Sep 2015
Humans can be monsters, monsters can be human. Hope it doesnt end like this one.
Feb 18, 2019 7:21 AM

Jan 2019
I honestly still cant fully tell if hyakkimaru understands japanese or not. The chuckle kinda made me assume he does but not sure.
Feb 18, 2019 7:27 AM

Mar 2012
After what happened in the last 3 ep, i needed a bit of a happy ending, Thanks for this :)
Feb 18, 2019 7:42 AM
Nov 2018
So Hyakkimaru can only sense and attack to the monsters that have murderous intent in them. And the spiderwoman is good and also really sexy. :D
And I thought she was gonna die,
I am glad that nothing bad happened to her.
I wanna see more story about her and the villager as I ship them much xD
Also Hyakkimaru smile for the first time.
Dororo episdoes are getting better and better. :)

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Feb 18, 2019 7:49 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Wow.

This is a clear parallel shown to Hyakkimaru/Mio at the end. Ohagi had the same soul pattern as Hyakkimaru when he dealt with Mio and she affected him.

Did Ohagi's soul purify itself when she first felt love for the man, it clearly went white at the end. Actually a happy ending and i'm so glad.

She never sucked the people out so they die, made sure that the life force regenerates. Meeting someone of the same caliber who respects the life of another species and who has also done ''evil'' deeds (the work they are doing is getting harder with people leaving and it was mentioned that they would meet a miserable end if it continues), it's great that they met.
Feb 18, 2019 7:49 AM

Mar 2017
I really liked this episode! It was cool to see that not all the demons are inherently evil and i like the message that all life is precious. Also, i love that Hyakkimaru laughed for the first time but with Dororo as his travelling companion i doubt it will be the only time we get to hear that!
Feb 18, 2019 7:54 AM
Jul 2017
Wow this episode turned out to be more wholesome than I thought, well, it’s wholesome compared to the other episodes at least. Now that hyakkymaru, or however you spell his name, let the spider girl go, does this mean there’s a body part he will not get back? Or is she just not one of the demons who took something from him?
Feb 18, 2019 7:55 AM

May 2018
nyohoho said:
Felt like a filler after what happened in the last couple of episodes. A side story perhaps

It's an episodic anime after all
Feb 18, 2019 7:56 AM

May 2018
Ok so he didn't kill her but then how'll he defeat all 12 demons? Sorry spiderwoman you'll have to die. unless of course there's some other solution
Feb 18, 2019 7:59 AM

Dec 2017
Mmmh...

After the episode some idle thoughts are passing by my mind..

...thoughts about some organs' location in the body, different possibilities depending how we split legs and arms in pairs for an amount of eight, positions that may offer some possibilities of balance, the use of raw silk as bondage ropes...

...you know; that sort of things.

I guess Yajiro is getting similar idle thoughs.

I would bet on it.
Feb 18, 2019 8:02 AM

Nov 2016
Yet another great episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 18, 2019 8:06 AM
Nov 2018
Liked the ep. Predictable story-expect the happy ending. It really does seem like a kids show sometimes, like the 1969 one
Feb 18, 2019 8:08 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Cool change of pace after all the grim events that happened just previously in the earlier episodes!

Finally, a happy ending for a couple! I’d rather have it to be Mio x Hyakkimaru but this isn’t half-bad so no biggies. Spider Ayakashi was in fact not killing humans all this time but draining a portion of their lives to feast on it and there’s the kind villager who believes all lives are equal no matter the species, it’s really great that they met! Looks like next episode will focus more on this particular ayakashi, judging by the episode title at the end there, so I’m looking forward to seeing how the relationship between those two develop. I was certainly expecting Hyakkimaru to rip through the Spider Ayakashi there but good thing her soul’s color quickly changed color, which I believe has to do with the awakening of romantic feelings or something of the sort. Dororo mentioned something about Hyakkimaru getting his hearing back, I wonder if that was a sub mistake or just my eyes giving away there since he must’ve already gotten his ears back after that fight with accursed demon blade. Great short smile/laughter by Hyakkimaru there too, it felt very wholesome and pleasing indeed!

Looking forward to seeing what next week’s episode has in store for us!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 18, 2019 8:22 AM

May 2018
good ep. I didn't expect that happy end but I liked it
Feb 18, 2019 8:25 AM

Apr 2018
I have exams coming but I can't miss this anime.
Feb 18, 2019 8:30 AM
Sep 2015
Finally, an episode with no one die!
Feb 18, 2019 8:42 AM
Feb 2016
Now this was a nice heartwarming episode after the sadness of the last two. It was interesting to see a ghoul that didn't want to kill others but had to suck some of their life force and that she was growing fond of the man as well.

I'm happy Hyakkimaru let them go, they deserve it. Also interesting to see how he can sense if they have murderous intentions or not, hence why he hesitate for so long I believe.

Gotta love that chuckle at the end too. 5/5
Feb 18, 2019 8:43 AM
Feb 2016
_MushiRock11_ said:
Cool change of pace after all the grim events that happened just previously in the earlier episodes!

Finally, a happy ending for a couple! I’d rather have it to be Mio x Hyakkimaru but this isn’t half-bad so no biggies. Spider Ayakashi was in fact not killing humans all this time but draining a portion of their lives to feast on it and there’s the kind villager who believes all lives are equal no matter the species, it’s really great that they met! Looks like next episode will focus more on this particular ayakashi, judging by the episode title at the end there, so I’m looking forward to seeing how the relationship between those two develop. I was certainly expecting Hyakkimaru to rip through the Spider Ayakashi there but good thing her soul’s color quickly changed color, which I believe has to do with the awakening of romantic feelings or something of the sort. Dororo mentioned something about Hyakkimaru getting his hearing back, I wonder if that was a sub mistake or just my eyes giving away there since he must’ve already gotten his ears back after that fight with accursed demon blade. Great short smile/laughter by Hyakkimaru there too, it felt very wholesome and pleasing indeed!

wait, we're getting them again next episode?
Feb 18, 2019 8:47 AM
Feb 2016
_MushiRock11_ said:

he was having problem hearing, since he couldn't block out what he didn't want to hear and it made him weaker during that time
Feb 18, 2019 8:55 AM

Mar 2018
Did a different director take over for this episode? The pacing seemed way off in the dialogue, seemed quite rushed.
Feb 18, 2019 8:59 AM

Feb 2019
I love how Dororo tries to cheer him up so cute but seriously I think this show is amazing firstly it fucked up my emotions and now it warmth my heart and putted a smile on my face this anime has everything Im asking for...
Feb 18, 2019 9:12 AM

Feb 2016
This episode was really weak, the animation and the pacing were underwhelming. It was quite lighthearted tho.

Come on Mappa, I know you can do better than this

3/5
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 18, 2019 9:15 AM

Feb 2016
Haxr57 said:
Ok so he didn't kill her but then how'll he defeat all 12 demons? Sorry spiderwoman you'll have to die. unless of course there's some other solution

I think Hyakkimaru has killed many other monsters that aren't demons, she didn't seem like one, she was actually a Youkai I think
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 18, 2019 9:29 AM

Mar 2017
You know, if more spiders were hot ladies, I probably wouldn't hate them. I thought this story could have worked a bit better as another two parter, the emotional impact wasn't quite as big as it could have been, if we got to know the characters a bit more. It was still very enjoyable though! I like it.
Feb 18, 2019 9:59 AM
Jan 2019
great episode!

i notice that the spider youkai said she never kill human but her soul is red when we first saw her (even though it's not as red as the demons.) it's become yellow in the end because her affection to that man and that's why hyakki didn't kill her right?

so i was wondering... why all humans include those asshole has white colour?

is it because they're humans?

it's make sense if normal people have white colour. but why those asshole (yes, including the episode 6 soldiers) didn't become red?

is that how it is? or maybe it's just not shown on screen?

Feb 18, 2019 10:00 AM
Jan 2019
w
Elakir said:
I love how Dororo tries to cheer him up so cute but seriously I think this show is amazing firstly it fucked up my emotions and now it warmth my heart and putted a smile on my face this anime has everything Im asking for...
well after fucked our mind. it's good to heal up before another bumpy ride. maybe they considered this too
Feb 18, 2019 10:02 AM
Jan 2019
Hime03 said:
Liked the ep. Predictable story-expect the happy ending. It really does seem like a kids show sometimes, like the 1969 one
yeah it does... *flashback to last week episode* T-T
Feb 18, 2019 10:15 AM
Mar 2015
Interesting that the lord was the monster in this episode Love the adaptation of the folktale Jorogumo
Feb 18, 2019 10:35 AM

Oct 2017
Supersky said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

wait, we're getting them again next episode?

I think the titles in the end are for the current episode, not the next one.
Didn't check though.
Feb 18, 2019 10:35 AM

Jan 2018
Aw, shucks, I want more of Spider-lady and Nice guy in the future ^_^ I hope they live a happy life together, the monster and the human hahhahahaha why not, I ship it <3

I like how Hyakki is still reluctant to speak or learn to speak and I love how Dororo wants to hear him laugh, now that was some wholesome shit right there <3

I just don't want this show to end .. it's so awesome!!
Feb 18, 2019 10:37 AM

Jul 2017
Thought spider lady was gonna die tbh. Sucks we didn't get to hear more of Hyakki's voice. Silent type is fine but I'd honestly like to know more of what he's thinking
Feb 18, 2019 11:00 AM

Jun 2017
Damn, I never expected to feel bad for a ghoul. Thought they were all just evil monsters.

Best anime dance ever fight me
Feb 18, 2019 11:27 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Very welcome feel good episode after last week.Dororo does such a good job of characterization in even the smallest of time frames. You got a good feel for Spider lady and the pacifist dude.

BTW, the spider lady was sexy as hell too.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 18, 2019 11:28 AM
Jan 2019
Ok my maybe the sidestory in itself is cool
But sorry everyone.. i didnt like this episode.. feels like a downhill compared to the last episode.. kinda killed the moment..
Like.. wtf i saw last week nd wtf am seeing now..
Moreonver.. animation quality went down this episode too.. meh
Hope next episode will put more fire in my heart
Feb 18, 2019 11:34 AM

Jul 2015
oh look! another candidate for best girl from this anime! (cuzthelastonediedout!)..
no but seriously.. i loved Ohagi personality.. and i seriously hope that she isn't one of the 12 demons.. and that she actually appears in latter episodes as a fighting partner for Aniki.. (orsomething..)
really liked this ep.. was actually reluctant to watch this ep but loved how they just forshawed Mio's death for few seconds and then continued the next story.. not something u see in ur usual anime cuz most of the time we keep getting flashbacks of dead tragic characters even after seasons..
Feb 18, 2019 11:35 AM

Jul 2014
I didn't expect this show to have an episode attempting to humanise one of the monsters, but it worked well enough I suppose. Only question I have is whether it's a problem that Hyakkimaru didn't kill her, as he needs to kill all 12 demons to get all his body parts back doesn't he?
Feb 18, 2019 11:42 AM

Apr 2016
This episode's direction made enough of an impact on me to consider this anime a masterpiece. I'm so glad they got a happy ending. I would've been devastated otherwise. Also, adding in the philosophy that all life is precious and that not all monsters are bad reminded of Parasyte and I love it. 10/10 MAPPA
Feb 18, 2019 11:44 AM

Jul 2015
well hyakkimaru is a cool guy tho

Well...
Feb 18, 2019 12:10 PM

Jun 2015
>The guy wants to be dominated by a monstergirl.

Feb 18, 2019 12:15 PM
Jul 2018
Hiyakkimaru's smile aT THE END AJODHIAKSGISNCHJZBXB
Feb 18, 2019 1:00 PM

Feb 2007
Makes you wonder which part of his body Hyakkimaru gave up on to let this one go (assuming she's one of the 48 as well), but I'd say it was still the right decision.
Feb 18, 2019 1:08 PM

Dec 2015
A nice episode that showed that even spider demons aren't necessarily evil. Just animals looking to eat and survive like any other animal.
It was cool when Hyakkimaru refused to kill her and Dororo refused to squash the spider in her palm. Seems like they both learned something.
Atavistic said:
I didn't expect this show to have an episode attempting to humanise one of the monsters, but it worked well enough I suppose. Only question I have is whether it's a problem that Hyakkimaru didn't kill her, as he needs to kill all 12 demons to get all his body parts back doesn't he?

I don't think she was one of the 12 demons.
Bobby2HandsFeb 18, 2019 1:11 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is Dororo a boy or a girl ? ( 1 2 )

JanPri - Jan 15, 2019

80 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:39 AM

» Possible reason for such ending

Raajdeep - Oct 21, 2023

24 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2019

204 by Shadowwolf21 »»
Apr 7, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2019

108 by Bubblarz »»
Mar 31, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2019

442 by Flomik »»
Mar 25, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.