Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 29, 2018 6:47 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol that pink bike. I think Saki is still badass as ever. The amount of yankees in this episode is still pretty evident. However compared to them, Saki stands out more imo.

Pretty interesting storytelling on Maria though.

Also thought the episode was kinda emotional even with the humor.
Stark700Nov 29, 2018 8:42 AM
Nov 29, 2018 9:08 AM

Apr 2015
Maria is pretty annoying and it's nice we get to see how every idol dies.

Good episode
Nov 29, 2018 9:14 AM

Dec 2015
After 5 minutes, I already knew how what would happen on this episode. Koutarou still is the only thing that makes this show interesting
Nov 29, 2018 9:20 AM

Sep 2018
i love saki so much.
Nov 29, 2018 9:27 AM

Apr 2018
Saki is my fav.

90's biker girl FTW!!!!!!!!!

I swear they make the songs the worst part of every episode on purpose....
Nov 29, 2018 9:39 AM

Aug 2008
Less and less humour, more and more trashy drama and idol crap. Last week was already awful but at least there was Masao's "so stupid it's funny" death, but absolutely nothing this time. What a disappointment after a solid start. Might as well drop it after Yuugiri episode.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 29, 2018 9:39 AM

Nov 2016
The old timers fucking killed me with their dance. It was a predictable scene, but still great. Also had to lol about the girl gang, the bit of comedy this time worked well for me.

And I loved this gang themed episode revolving around Saki, her old friend and daughter. She's also one of my favorite characters in this show and seeing her badass mode was a nice treat.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 29, 2018 9:52 AM

Jan 2018
where is my cgi girls at
Nov 29, 2018 10:02 AM

Jul 2017
WOW OH WOW...never knew elderlies still had the life in them...well, anything can happen in Saga, aren't it?

And...Saki's episode is finally steamrolling! Ah, the age of biker gangs, huh?

Maria...as an obnoxious character, given her characteristics, storytelling time.

Even as they went through turmoil being an old comrade, and eventually having to settle things with Maria (her own daughter), and against an old rival?

What a way to end the episode with a new song.

Less stimulating than the last episode, but still a nice episode indeed.
KANLen09Nov 29, 2018 10:06 AM
Nov 29, 2018 10:25 AM
Oct 2017
for the preview of episode 10, I hope it will be dedicated to yugiri because she and less present since 3/4 episodes
Nov 29, 2018 10:27 AM

Apr 2012
NanaPirro said:
for the preview of episode 10, I hope it will be dedicated to yugiri because she and less present since 3/4 episodes

It surprises me that with the "reveal" of Lily's secret and Saki's popularity, everyone forgot about Tae and does not even write about waiting for her episode.
Nov 29, 2018 10:42 AM

May 2018
Ok so it's Saki's arc, and let me guess she died in a motorcycle accident while challenging the other gang, ya know Reiko ought give her daughter some spanking being disrespectful, I mean as a mom she's totally reformed and doesn't want her daughter to follow a delinquent's path.
Nov 29, 2018 10:46 AM
Jul 2016
Isn't there a Datenshi in Love Live as well? Between that and actual 2D bikes when they had CGI performances earlier on, I can't help but start thinking that this is in fact parodying Love Live and other idol shows.

And this episode was legit awesome.
Nov 29, 2018 10:49 AM

Jun 2017
Saki had her death coming with a lifestyle like that but it was nice that they tied her story to her friend (and her kid).

RobertBobert said:
NanaPirro said:

It surprises me that with the "reveal" of Lily's secret and Saki's popularity, everyone forgot about Tae and does not even write about waiting for her episode.

I am not even sure if they will reveal anything about Tae, she might not even "awaken" (unless she is already awake and just pretends to do what she does lol). It would be nice tho.
Nov 29, 2018 10:55 AM

Jul 2015
Not sure if dying of laughter or of feels, another amazing episode, such a great job mixing the hilarious comedy with the drama of the backstories.
Nov 29, 2018 10:58 AM

Apr 2012
MomoSinX said:
I am not even sure if they will reveal anything about Tae, she might not even "awaken" (unless she is already awake and just pretends to do what she does lol). It would be nice tho.

Well, on the one hand, it is enough for me that they devoted a good episode to my beloved Saki and introduced the otokonoko character, but on the other hand, I’m pretty disappointed that Tae's jokes and popularity seem to be becoming a formality.

However, I like the fan theory that Tae is somehow related to Kotaro and is one of the reasons that the plot happened.
Nov 29, 2018 11:09 AM

Oct 2013
love how the true 90s bikers simple need to adjust their face and then all dem posers just freak out
Nov 29, 2018 11:11 AM
Oct 2017
RobertBobert said:
MomoSinX said:

Well, on the one hand, it is enough for me that they devoted a good episode to my beloved Saki and introduced the otokonoko character, but on the other hand, I’m pretty disappointed that Tae's jokes and popularity seem to be becoming a formality.

However, I like the fan theory that Tae is somehow related to Kotaro and is one of the reasons that the plot happened.

for the moment, we have no idea how 7 girl came back to life , especially that 6 have a human behavior 5 have all the memories of their life and 1 amnesic and 1 more or less unmanageable behavior
NanaPirroNov 29, 2018 11:15 AM
Nov 29, 2018 11:21 AM

Nov 2017
Even though the episodes can be predictable and ridiculous as hell, I just really love this anime.
Maybe I'm actually into idols shows, damn
Anyway I better have a spin-off about Tatsumi after it ends.

Nov 29, 2018 11:26 AM

Feb 2014
I gotta admit since episode 7, the series has gotten pretty much stale and lost its purpose

It's like they "really" wanted to force things by storytelling every member death
Nov 29, 2018 11:51 AM

Apr 2012
NanaPirro said:
for the moment, we have no idea how 7 girl came back to life , especially that 6 have a human behavior 5 have all the memories of their life and 1 amnesic and 1 more or less unmanageable behavior

Well, in the worst (or best?) case, they may not reveal the reasons of their awakening at all, simply by turning this show into a franchise with new seasons or films.
Nov 29, 2018 11:55 AM
Mar 2017
I remember that in Puerto Rico there was a tendency to have Tamagotchi ... and at that time any fight was fought a lot with fists, not like now, that anyone takes a gun.

I give them a template for memes:

FireCrauterNov 29, 2018 11:58 AM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Nov 29, 2018 12:02 PM

Mar 2018
great episode. It didn't gave Saki that much of character development but it did gave some nice backstory. Also next episode is called No Zombie No Idol and I got incest flashbacks.
Nov 29, 2018 12:12 PM

Sep 2017
This was great. Saki was always my favourite so getting the backstory was great. They managed to mix in a ton of great comedy, but also epic and kinda emotional parts. I really liked it on all fronts. I especially loved how Maria and her crew were walking when approaching Sakura in the beginning. That was hilarious. But yeah, Saki was a total badass.

They kinda make it seem like Maria's mom doesn't believe it's Saki. I mean Saki literally looks the exact same as she did in the picture you were looking at right before you went to help your daughter. Well, it'd be pretty hard to believe someone coming back from the dead. Deep down I wanna believe she knows. Highly unlikely it will come up again anyway.
Nov 29, 2018 12:20 PM

Nov 2011
RobertBobert said:
NanaPirro said:

Tae and Kotaro are really the only two I look forward to watching each week. The story is still nice but the bunch of random shit that these two characters do cracks me up every damn week. For instance

Tae just laying there with a belly full of water during a "serious" moment just made me laugh so hard. Then the follow up of her biting Maria's hair and Sakura prying her jaw open lol.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 29, 2018 1:05 PM

Oct 2012
Oh man what a hilarious but surprisingly extremely depressing / sad show..

This episode just like the last one about Lilly meeting her father almost had me in tears and made my heart feel extremely sad for Saki.

When she called out to Saki and when she said "who's that?" I died a little inside and almost teared up.. man this episode was hard to watch.. which makes me extremely worried..

Just how sad will it be when Sakura remembers her past? she only died 10 years ago according to the earlier episodes so.. in theory if she had a family all of them would still be alive just a bit older and any friends she might have.. Yikes @_@ I wonder if they'll go with a happier route for her or make it the saddest one who knows!

Also I can't wait for them to reveal more about Yuugiri

I also wonder if Tae will ever fully awaken near the end or will she just keep being a running gag up until the end? hmm..

AworieNov 29, 2018 1:09 PM
Nov 29, 2018 1:08 PM

Jun 2014
So this week's installment focused on Saki, and given her backstory, her death was pretty expected and predictable. I like how they tied in her old friend and that friend's daughter, as well as having Saki try to deter the biker girls from continuing with that reckless behavior by saying it's not legendary.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 29, 2018 1:11 PM

Oct 2012
thebrentinator24 said:
So this week's installment focused on Saki, and given her backstory, her death was pretty expected and predictable. I also like how they tied in her old friend and that friend's daughter, as well as having Saki try to deter the biker girls from continuing with that reckless behavior by saying it's not legendary.
I mean she saw her friend die.. so the only possible conclusion a normal person would come to is she just looks like her or maybe that could be her reincarnated" or a paranormal approach it's a ghost?

I mean being reborn wouldn't be to far off since the most popular religion in Japan is Buddhism.

I mean.. a normal person wouldn't go "yes they died but that is definitely them! the same age and everything!" only reasoning.. it's a zombie! that's not very realistic imo.
AworieNov 29, 2018 1:16 PM
Nov 29, 2018 1:18 PM

Jul 2017
Not much humor in this episode but not a bad one by any means.
Nov 29, 2018 1:21 PM

Jun 2014
Kirenisa said:
thebrentinator24 said:
So this week's installment focused on Saki, and given her backstory, her death was pretty expected and predictable. I also like how they tied in her old friend and that friend's daughter, as well as having Saki try to deter the biker girls from continuing with that reckless behavior by saying it's not legendary.
I mean she saw her friend die.. so the only possible conclusion a normal person would come to is she just looks like her or maybe that could be her reincarnated" or a paranormal approach it's a ghost?

I mean being reborn wouldn't be to far off since the most popular religion in Japan is Buddhism.

I mean.. a normal person wouldn't go "yes they died but that is definitely them! the same age and everything!" only reasoning.. it's a zombie! that's not very realistic imo.

Lol I was hoping I edited my comment quickly enough before anyone potentially quoted me. But yeah that makes sense, plus I also realized that Reiko technically did kind of recognize Saki after she said there's no way she would die, which kind of negated what I originally said about Reiko not recognizing her at all.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 29, 2018 1:40 PM

May 2016
Longest episode title in anime history xd
Nov 29, 2018 2:06 PM

Jun 2012
Does anyone know who voiced Maria and Reiko?

Kinda feel sorry for Saki and Lily, they know people who were closed to them are stil around, but they cant tell say anything.
Nov 29, 2018 2:07 PM
Jul 2018
Hm... I think... this episode is missing somet-- Oh, the idol stage, there it go. Even if it did not fit very well in the plot this time.
Nov 29, 2018 2:07 PM

Aug 2017
An episode dedicated to Saki. It was nice, she's one of my favourite characters.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 29, 2018 2:20 PM

Aug 2018
Cool episode, classic Saki even if I expected a more aggressive one (at least she has a wise side)

I can't wait to watch the next one ! Yuugiri is the character we know the least for now
Nov 29, 2018 2:29 PM

Apr 2015
Really nice episode and proves to me why Saki is best girl!
Nov 29, 2018 2:44 PM

Jul 2013
For once, was nice seeing someone from Franchouchou having the spotlight alone. Liked Saki's protagonism, she basically died because she didn't chicken out and went with the race till the end. Very stupid, but fitting for her.

I love female delinquents, so having so much of them through the episode was a bliss. Maria was especially adorable, she tried to be intimidating with that small, cute body. Also liked her mom (Saki's friend), the idea of a former delinquent that has "reformed" in a life of peace is another concept I really like. And she was still badass despite having a kid, respect to her.

Kotaro and Tae still funny as always.
Nov 29, 2018 2:52 PM
Jul 2018
I think too many people are thrown off by the tone shifting. Like... just cause comedy is a part of the series doesn't mean it's the only part of the series. We're going on ten episodes now and we've been a comedy/drama since episode six, when is it gonna stop surprising ya'll when an episode stops being funny for a couple minutes?

Anywho, I liked it. Saki and Sakura are my favorites, so I was glad Saki finally got her own episode. The song was catchy, the comedy was funny and the end was legitimately heart warming. I enjoyed this one.
Nov 29, 2018 2:56 PM
Jul 2018
Good episode.
Yuugiri is so mysterious. I really want to know more about her!
Nov 29, 2018 3:02 PM
Dec 2009
somehow this song is so one night carnival
AHUUU
Nov 29, 2018 3:09 PM

Feb 2013
Antanaru said:
Less and less humour, more and more trashy drama and idol crap. Last week was already awful but at least there was Masao's "so stupid it's funny" death, but absolutely nothing this time. What a disappointment after a solid start. Might as well drop it after Yuugiri episode.

You just have shit taste
Nov 29, 2018 3:25 PM

Jul 2016
I'm surprised Saki's makeup didn't burn off after the bike crash...

Also, the walking animation with Maria was smooth!
jericjanNov 29, 2018 4:49 PM
Nov 29, 2018 3:35 PM

Aug 2016
I really enjoy crows/japanese deliquents shows, so this really happend to take my interest, even though it was hardly deliquent scenario (really lame one) and I didn't even know there are female gangs in Japan (or are they? Or just anime trops?) and we didn't really enjoyed our girls or even Saki as character much even though it was her episode. But fact that whole episode seemed like 5 minutes to me is probably sign I enjoyed it.

Also, that "deliquent" song for our idols, they all looked and sound pretty neat, I love this style, all girls got +1 from me for it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2018 3:44 PM

Aug 2014
Great episode as always, and I liked the song. Tatsumi makes this show really enjoyable. And next week... oh please be a Yugiri episode she's barely had any screentime and she's one of my favorites.
Nov 29, 2018 3:46 PM

Dec 2014
Awesome episode, really showed why Saki really is the best. <3

I loved the whole story and setup between Saki her friend and her daughter. I loved how Saki tried to repair the relationship between her friend and her daughter by showing her how recklessness can get people killed.
Saki-chan is tough but she's got a heart of gold. <3

The performance at the end was great and Saki with her hair down is a real treat. <3
I loved the outfits too, reminded me of the Mirai no Boku outfits from Love Live Sunshine with the overcoats.
Nov 29, 2018 4:30 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
HOLY SHIT

a gang of sexy biker girls

i need more of this iml...
Nov 29, 2018 4:31 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
They have been absolutely killing it lately with these tragic backstories. So much so it's becoming one of my favorite shows, something I never expected to happen when I first started this show. A lot of improvements are noticeable, for instance, the animation is miles better than the old lazy CG bashing, not only that, but the writing feels a lot more solid and more dynamic than it used to be at the start, it went from a very comfy heavy fest to an unpredictable tear jerker (probably not that much), it's absolutely amazing. Saki, a character I never linked, finally getting me on her side, this little background of hers really explains a lot and makes the most sense of all of her past contributions.
Nov 29, 2018 4:37 PM

Dec 2016
Great episode! So Saki's friend still have guts... Like mother like daughter huh X3 Nice ending!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Nov 29, 2018 4:50 PM
Jul 2018
So now all that's left is Yugiri and Tae's backstory. But judging from the next episode preview it doesn't look like we're getting Yugiri's backstory next though, so I wonder if these two characters are going to remain with their past unrevealed since we only have 3 episodes left and they might end up deciding to use them to push more idol stuff instead.
removed-userNov 29, 2018 6:27 PM
Nov 29, 2018 5:19 PM

Aug 2013
Saki is even more badass than ever
Don't believe the hype.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2018

262 by GavrocheN7 »»
May 8, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2018

293 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2018

138 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2018

117 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2018

378 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 12:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.