Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 16, 2018 4:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting, so we got an episode about Sayaka including her past with a senior.

What's interesting about the epsiode is that she grew more accepted into having a relationship soon although they got seperated eventually. But when they did meet again, it seems some feelings have changed.

Well, it's an episode that took a closer look at her character to show us what her junior school life was like. I find that overall important too.
Nov 16, 2018 6:36 AM

Feb 2010
got so many pov from different character this episode...
Nov 16, 2018 11:57 AM

Sep 2018
Hakozaki sensei is a lesbian huh, well no surprised considering this is an anime about lesbians, whatever the anime is about, the characters around them are all the same
Nov 16, 2018 12:14 PM

Mar 2013
green_land_ball said:
Yes, obviously Koyomi and Akari are also lesbian. And Rei, Yuu's sister is actually dating a crossdressing woman.
Nov 16, 2018 12:45 PM

Sep 2018
Afezeria said:
green_land_ball said:
Yes, obviously Koyomi and Akari are also lesbian. And Rei, Yuu's sister is actually dating a crossdressing woman.

lol you don't get what i meant do you, take chuunibyou for example, almost every character there is a chuunibyou but not all of them, i didn't say all of them, it's just that the characters that flock around them are all the same, look at Toaru, the characters around Touma are magicians that he isn't surprised anymore that they exist, Kobayashi Dragon Maid, dragons flock around the mc, well i can give tons of examples, it's just that whatever the anime is about, they all are present around the mc, loners in Haganai, weird otakus in Oreimo, and i can go list them on an on, look at what the cast are in those animes, take Haruhi Suzumiya, Amagi Brilliant Park, Bakemonogatari, look at the characters around them, it's basically like that
Nov 16, 2018 3:58 PM

Jun 2015
3 more lesbians in one episode, well!

Sayaka will just implode once she finds out the reality :D
Nov 16, 2018 4:57 PM
May 2018
I feel quite unnecessary love, I begin to see its shine lose.

I'm sorry for my English
Nov 16, 2018 8:00 PM
Mar 2017
Today they showed us very interesting things in today's episode
I felt a little bad for Sayaka, her senpai played with her feelings, the worst is in the way she ended their relationship, but for Sayaka that ugly break up gave her the opportunity to meet Touko.
Koyomi agrees to write the script for the play of the student council, I love the little interrogation that Koyomi does to Yuu about Touko, she answers in her thoughts, but tells her friend what everyone normally knows.
Sayaka feels that Yuu and Touko get along very well, but the face of surprise when she sees that Touko and Yuu speak by their name is very funny, this becomes more funny when Sayaka says that she will do it too, Touko's face was like "do it and I'll kill you" (if someone uploads the GIF of this moment I will be eternally grateful). Sayaka has her suspicions about Touko and Yuu, thinks that maybe they have a relationship, but she thinks she knows her friend and she is sure that Touko can not love another person.
At last the two characters that I was waiting for came out, Miyako, the owner of the cafe and Riko sensei or Hakozaki sensei, the best thing is that they didn´t delay in showing that they are a couple, what I liked was how Miyako helps Sayaka to order her feelings and insecurities about Touko.
On the other hand Yuu and Touko continue with their "relationship" and advance little by little, now Yuu and Touko cut the formalities and begin to be called by their names, but Touko is easily embarrassed which is very adorable.
I feel a bit sorry for Sayaka, in the end she just loves a fake Touko, since she does not know her friend, while Yuu has managed to open Touko's heart and shows a shy and very feminine side unlike the always serene and educated Touko that everyone sees at school.
In the end Touko say to Sayaka she is grateful that Sayaka is part of her life and her presence makes her life more challenging, this gave hope to Sayaka.
Nov 16, 2018 8:00 PM
Jul 2018
Afezeria said:
green_land_ball said:
with chapter? Raw? Because I've read almost all translated ones and they haven't mentioned anything about that.
Nov 16, 2018 8:02 PM
Jul 2018
salbery755 said:
Today they showed us very interesting things in today's episode
I felt a little bad for Sayaka, her senpai played with her feelings, the worst is in the way she ended their relationship, but for Sayaka that ugly break up gave her the opportunity to meet Touko.
Koyomi agrees to write the script for the play of the student council, I love the little interrogation that Koyomi does to Yuu about Touko, she answers in her thoughts, but tells her friend what everyone normally knows.
Sayaka feels that Yuu and Touko get along very well, but the face of surprise when she sees that Touko and Yuu speak by their name is very funny, this becomes more funny when Sayaka says that she will do it too, Touko's face was like "do it and I'll kill you" (if someone uploads the GIF of this moment I will be eternally grateful). Sayaka has her suspicions about Touko and Yuu, thinks that maybe they have a relationship, but she thinks she knows her friend and she is sure that Touko can not love another person.
At last the two characters that I was waiting for came out, Miyako, the owner of the cafe and Riko sensei or Hakozaki sensei, the best thing is that they didn´t delay in showing that they are a couple, what I liked was how Miyako helps Sayaka to order her feelings and insecurities about Touko.
On the other hand Yuu and Touko continue with their "relationship" and advance little by little, now Yuu and Touko cut the formalities and begin to be called by their names, but Touko is easily embarrassed which is very adorable.
I feel a bit sorry for Sayaka, in the end she just loves a fake Touko, since she does not know her friend, while Yuu has managed to open Touko's heart and shows a shy and very feminine side unlike the always serene and educated Touko that everyone sees at school.
In the end Touko say to Sayaka she is grateful that Sayaka is part of her life and her presence makes her life more challenging, this gave hope to Sayaka.
no she knows Touko is a fake but she loves that part of her.
Nov 16, 2018 8:40 PM

Aug 2017
Oh, more lesbians lol. Well, an episode dedicated to Sayaka. The speech of the girl from the bar was nice.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 16, 2018 9:58 PM
Sep 2018
anirudhtsuki said:
Afezeria said:
with chapter? Raw? Because I've read almost all translated ones and they haven't mentioned anything about that.
This is sarcasm, please read the original quote.
DumpsterKingNov 16, 2018 10:03 PM
Nov 16, 2018 10:01 PM
Jul 2018
DumpsterKing said:
anirudhtsuki said:
This is sarcasm, please read the original quote.
don't get the sarcasm. Sorry
Nov 16, 2018 11:31 PM

Mar 2016
I didn't want Sayaka to be someone who falls in love with girls, because I hate love triangles. However, what they did with her character was so beautiful. She is such a nice friend!!

Just because you surround yourself with the opposite sex doesn't mean you can be attracted to them. I love that they showed this!

Sayaka found another lesbian for the first time. It's impressive that she didn't get emotional.

The student council is a collection of LGBT+ people. lol! That one poor boy has no idea!!
Nov 17, 2018 1:59 AM
Jul 2017
We get a lots of Ships and Shipwrecks this Episode :p
I knew Sensei was in a relationship the moment I saw her.
Nov 17, 2018 6:27 AM
Jul 2018
This episode stands out as less realistic than the previous ones. The realism was a major appeal to me. Still good though. I think the way they revealed the teacher as another Lesbian is a bit too much. But alas: this is anime.
Nov 17, 2018 7:23 AM
May 2018
This episode stands out as less realistic than the previous ones. The realism was a major appeal to me. Still good though. I think the way they revealed the teacher as another Lesbian is a bit too much. But alas: this is anime.

I felt the same, I lost a lot of realism.
Nov 17, 2018 8:43 AM
Jul 2018
malicegeminexus said:

She's not lesbian, she's bi.
Nov 17, 2018 9:32 AM

Jul 2016
malicegeminexus said:

How did it lose realism?
Nov 17, 2018 9:43 AM
Jul 2018
Nice to find out more about Sayaka's past.
Also, it was soooo adorable that Touko started blushing when Yuu called her "Touko-Senpai"
Nov 17, 2018 9:59 AM

Jul 2017
Another good episode. Now we are slowly dwelling in the world of complicated love triangles but the way they introduced us to that in this show was different, and really well done.

Sayaka's a nice character from the looks of things. Glad she wasn't really a bitch kind of character.
Nov 17, 2018 10:48 AM

Sep 2017
Sayaka got a lot of development this episode. It's interesting because the thing Sayaka really likes about Touko is her 'fake' persona of being the perfect student council prez and all that, as well as 'being too busy' to accept anyone romantically. Of course this is what stops Sayaka from confessing to begin with, and it's the root of her jealousy of Yuu. At the same time, Touko reveals that she really how Sayaka is as it's what keeps her motivated to do her best, or as the viewers know -keeping up her act.

The jealousy Sayaka feels is what I think will push her to confront Touko to some degree, and it's what I hope to see. We got a little bit of it this episode and I liked the power play of sorts by trying to call Yuu by her first name. It was slightly frustrating watching Yuu hold back everything interesting about Touko when being questioned by her friend about the play, so I'm hopeful Sayaka can break the shell some more.

I can see some complaints about introducing 3 more gay people this week. I mean are you really surprised about Sayaka given how we've seen her act, and her feelings were developed before the show began. It's not like Citrus where every character we meet wanted to bang Mei. Plus having a mature lesbian/bi character that can give guidance/advice to the confused Sayaka would surely be very helpful to her, but it's also just a smart thing to do. With this Sayaka can make rational decisions and not cause unnecessary melodrama.
Nov 17, 2018 10:56 AM

Aug 2018
I love the director's work on this series.

The scene on the bridge and the end of the previous episode, and now the scene of Sayaka looking at Kouto in her memories and when she came out of the classroom are very well done.

It's those details that make this series the best of the season for me.
Nov 17, 2018 11:57 AM
Sep 2014
Wow. I think people thinking this loses realism by intoducing so many lesbians are wrong. I guess maybe you just have a couple of gay friends or none, but it's not imposible, nor surrealist to have that many lesbians in one "environment". I, for once, know more lesbians and gays than straights. It's normal guys. Even more so in a show about LESBIAN LOVE. I kinda get your point,but why does the author have to bother in introducing a straight couple/straight character story in a show/manga about lesbians just to keep it balanced? Few to none manga/anime do that for LGBT representation so... get over it please.

On the other hand, it was nice and needed to see more of Sayaka because otherwise, to me, she would have continued to stay as an annoying jealous friend. I still don't like her much bc I don't like love triangles, but I understand her better. I don't think she is the best for Touko though, since what she likes the most about her are the parts that Touko fakes and forces herself to be.

I keep shipping Touko and Yuu a lot, but it hurts because it feels like Touko is using Yuu and completely disregards her feelings ;; She keeps thinking Yuu will always stay unfazed, and I can't stand how much she flirts with her and acts cute, but still says to Yuu not to fall in love -0-
Nov 17, 2018 11:58 AM

Jan 2013
Sayaka's senior in the flashback is a c*nt. she wanted it but then called it off as if its Sayaka's fault. its no wonder Sayaka feels the way she is and come off as protective (to herself and Touko's persona)

i'm actually more interested in teacher and coffee shop keep's relationship now
Nov 17, 2018 12:07 PM

Sep 2009
I hope they will include a small scene from the manga sometimes later than Sayaka met her former girlfriend while waiting for Touko. I was really great while subtle.
Nov 17, 2018 12:32 PM
Mar 2015
Poor Sayaka being in love with Touko but forced to stay by her side as best Friend while Yuu moves closer to Touko
Nov 17, 2018 12:49 PM

Oct 2018
ProofByColor said:
I can see some complaints about introducing 3 more gay people this week. I mean are you really surprised about Sayaka given how we've seen her act, and her feelings were developed before the show began. It's not like Citrus where every character we meet wanted to bang Mei. Plus having a mature lesbian/bi character that can give guidance/advice to the confused Sayaka would surely be very helpful to her, but it's also just a smart thing to do. With this Sayaka can make rational decisions and not cause unnecessary melodrama.

I agree, it is all about how it is portrayed. Unrealistic is expecting a whole school to be full of homosexuals, but that a story centered around two lesbian girls features homosexual acquaintances isn't necessarily unrealistic. Lgbt people sometimes tend to gravitate to each other in real life, for several reasons.

Sayaka makes this fantastic show even more interesting. Like you mention, there being a more experienced person there for guidance is certainly helpful. It is sweet too, and makes for interesting dialogue, which helps the characters' feelings develop (like in the end of this episode). It reminds me a little bit of the mentor character and her relationship with on of the protagonists, Yoshino, in Hourou Musuko :)
Nov 17, 2018 1:22 PM

May 2017
This is the first 'serious' yuri show I've come across where it's not just the high school girl couple, but there's a nearby adult couple to provide an example. Obviously LGBT is still quite taboo in 'real' Japanese society and they seem to deal with it sensibly so far.
Nov 17, 2018 3:14 PM
Jan 2018
smoledman said:
This is the first 'serious' yuri show I've come across where it's not just the high school girl couple, but there's a nearby adult couple to provide an example. Obviously LGBT is still quite taboo in 'real' Japanese society and they seem to deal with it sensibly so far.

Not sure about jap society, buy I'd suppose that it's healthy to disallow teachers to display they are homosexual, the problem is: same sex relationship is that much more approachable for kids/teens, that just not being intrinsically against it would pull them on "the easy route", as they are that much more used to communicate with same sex peers. (not sure if this happens due to upbringing/culture or because it's natural for humans to pick company that looks similar to themselves)

P.s. Sayaka was obvious from the start.
Nov 17, 2018 3:32 PM
Aug 2016
malicegeminexus said:
there still is a lot of realisim just like in the other episodes. And do everything have to be 100% realistic?
Nov 17, 2018 3:56 PM

May 2017
Katholic said:
malicegeminexus said:
there still is a lot of realisim just like in the other episodes. And do everything have to be 100% realistic?

Well the idea that there would be a lesbian coupling in the school and their main coffeeshop hangout happens to have an adult lesbian couple is a bit stretching things, I admit.

Despite the lack of 100% realism, it's definitely a step up from any previous yuri shows.
Nov 17, 2018 4:31 PM
Dec 2009
Afezeria said:
green_land_ball said:

What? pretty sure Yuu said that her nee-chan boyfriend is a dude that get approval from her dad.
so Yuu doesn't know, her family don't know. Another drama? And because of that Yuu will give up on senpai?
Nov 17, 2018 5:22 PM

Jun 2014
The timing of the ending song was just amazing! And I finally watched it with the asenshi subs and the lyrics of the ending song also fitted so well with the scene.

You're blowing away all my expectations every week TROYCA!
Nov 17, 2018 5:34 PM

Nov 2009
That was the first episode that I've genuinely enjoyed so far, which is funny cause I didn't like Sayaka before. Now I'll just feel bad for her cause I'm sure her feelings won't be requited.
Nov 17, 2018 5:46 PM

Apr 2015
Sayaka was the center of attention for this episode and it's quite a nice change tbh. I hope she will be able to confess one day to Touko!
Nov 17, 2018 8:11 PM

Oct 2013
I can understand critiques regarding how convenient it is that the teacher & shopkeeper couple also happened to be lesbian. After all, as someone who has read some amount of yuri content in my life, this is often a realism-breaking trope in the genre. The most egregious offenders include a whole 20-person cast of people in the same environment who *shockingly* reveal themselves to also be gay one after the other and soon enough you have an entire cast of multiple gay love triangles.

Nonetheless, I would argue that I don't think this manga/anime has offended too severely in this regard. The Sayaka reveal wasn't particularly surprising and is believable. And in the case of the teacher & shopkeeper, yes it is convenient for the plot, but it is minor enough that a bit of suspension of disbelief is all that's really needed imo. Amost every show has minor offenders of very plot-convenient scenarios that may not fit 100% into a viewer's concept of what feels like "realism."

Besides, this was among the best episodes yet and a great dive into and exploration of Sayaka's character. The focus this story has on the characters' aspirations, challenges and weaknesses is a prime reason as to why I consider this one of the best shoujo ai out there (certainly the best animated one so far imo). Good shit.
Nov 17, 2018 8:24 PM

Apr 2012
aa_bumi said:
Afezeria said:

What? pretty sure Yuu said that her nee-chan boyfriend is a dude that get approval from her dad.
so Yuu doesn't know, her family don't know. Another drama? And because of that Yuu will give up on senpai?

It was a sarcasm about the comment that this is “another unrealistic yuri-moe fan-service anime where half or all of the characters are lesbians".

kuorell said:
smoledman said:

Not sure about jap society, buy I'd suppose that it's healthy to disallow teachers to display they are homosexual, the problem is: same sex relationship is that much more approachable for kids/teens, that just not being intrinsically against it would pull them on "the easy route", as they are that much more used to communicate with same sex peers. (not sure if this happens due to upbringing/culture or because it's natural for humans to pick company that looks similar to themselves)

This is a rather difficult cultural moment that cannot be explained by simple homophobia or censorship. In Japan, the views on love and relationships between people are quite different from the West; therefore, lesbian relations between adult and young girls are often considered different things in Japan.

In part, this is the reason why many shows devoted to female teen friendships are often considered to be frank qeerbaiting in the West. And this is not to mention the Japanese love to describe a strong friendship as a form of "love relationship".

ABDoesThings said:
malicegeminexus said:

Well, as far as I know, many people try to read her words like "if it is you, then everything is fine". Although I doubt that such a realistic LGBT manga can have such melodramatic cliches.
Nov 17, 2018 8:27 PM

Apr 2017
Now that Sayaka's point of view has been put on the table, I am interested to see how it goes.

The bits and pieces of fluff being put here and there make my heart warm. Yuu saying Touko's name and seeing her reaction made me smile without even realizing it.

I always thought Sayaka had some sort of jealousy towards Touko and Yuu's growing relationship before this episode. This one pretty much confirmed it when they were in the student council room and Touko was calling Yuu by her first name. Then when Touko got a message from Yuu that pretty much settled it. The look in her eyes, the growing suspicion, is all trying to be put to rest because of Sayaka's belief that Touko will never fall in love with anyone, but as we all know at this point, that is absolutely wrong.

I can sort of connect with Sayaka's experience with "pretending" to date a girl. You get your feelings played with only to question yourself and if there was meaning in anything you did in the very end. Stuff like that leaves you asking yourself if you are a good or bad person for feeling this way. This continued for a while until that was all blown out the window by Touko.

Great episode, as always.

Nov 17, 2018 8:29 PM

Apr 2012
@_Aisu If we are already talking about clichés, there are more of them here than just "too many homosexual characters." But it is still much less than in any generic yuri manga about all-female Catholic schools.

Nov 17, 2018 8:38 PM

Jul 2016
So Sayaka completely ignores the fact that Touko hides her "true" self from everyone. She actually loves her for how this "superficial" Touko is. Kind of sad but I wonder how she will react when she discovers the truth.

It was another very good episode. It gave us some more background about Sayaka's character, which was nice since it helped me understand her situation with Touko a bit more. The thing I'm not really sure about is whether she will do something or not when Yuu discovers her own feelings for Touko... since she doesn't want something like that to happen.

And although I think the new additions to the cast felt a bit sudden (or convenient), I actually liked them a lot. Especially, I have to say that I found Riko's character very interesting to watch. And aside of me finding her really beautiful, I loved the way she helped Sayaka to collect her thoughts and feelings. It started as a mundane conversations but it truly was what she needed.

P.S.: Koyomi was really cute looking all embarassed while talking with her sempais at the cafe. I hope I can see more of her in the next episode.
SouthRzVaNov 17, 2018 8:43 PM
Nov 17, 2018 8:50 PM

Oct 2013
RobertBobert said:
@_Aisu If we are already talking about clichés, there are more of them here than just "too many homosexual characters." But it is still much less than in any generic yuri manga about all-female Catholic schools.

Sure, I wouldn't claim there aren't any other clichés in this show. Every show has its own fair share of tropes, though I'd say the execution has been fairly good here. And as you suggest, imo Bloom Into You distinguishes itself enough for its place in the genre.
Nov 17, 2018 9:05 PM

Apr 2012
_Aisu said:
Sure, I wouldn't claim there aren't any other clichés in this show. Every show has its own fair share of tropes, though I'd say the execution has been fairly good here. And as you suggest, imo Bloom Into You distinguishes itself enough for its place in the genre.

It is enough for me that yuri in this show is not used as a moe and an end in itself of the whole plot. And more importantly, the lack of baiting saves me from a bunch of stupid comments from people that see a romantic attraction in any interaction between girls.

Nov 17, 2018 10:07 PM
Jun 2017
Sayaka be careful your heart as Nanami (senpai) sure to love some things that you might be misinterpreted just like the last line she have said...

Anyways todays episode is all about sayaka and how she dont want to change or elevate their relationship status to next level. If things are ok with it then its fine to stay the same as best friends. Many people have a dilemma like this Friend vs love. And for me it takes courage for such to confess especially if the person you like is your friend since it really can affect your friendship.

Great episode
Nov 17, 2018 10:31 PM

Apr 2012
Finally watched the episode. Eh, the scene in the cafe would be perfect if it were not for the small contradiction at the end. At first, I was filled with the fact that Sayaka was worried because she was “different” and was glad to find another person with similar experience...

But by the end, the conversation was a bit spoiled when they began to discuss lesbian confession as if world was full of lesbians and there was nothing unusual in the lesbian confession.

This slightly destroyed the original message to me.
RobertBobertNov 17, 2018 10:39 PM
Nov 17, 2018 11:35 PM

Sep 2018
RobertBobert said:
Finally watched the episode. Eh, the scene in the cafe would be perfect if it were not for the small contradiction at the end. At first, I was filled with the fact that Sayaka was worried because she was “different” and was glad to find another person with similar experience...

But by the end, the conversation was a bit spoiled when they began to discuss lesbian confession as if world was full of lesbians and there was nothing unusual in the lesbian confession.

This slightly destroyed the original message to me.

Miyako did ask Sayaka if she didn't confess out of fear that Touko would be uncomfortable with girls, and that really isn't the primary concern for Sayaka, she even said it herself.
"I'm also scared of that, but there's something even before that" is Sayaka's exact reply, and it makes complete sense. She asked Touko during the love letter scene if being a girl plays a factor in her rejecting the letter, to which Touko denied. What's stopping Sayaka from confessing is not the fear of Touko not accepting girls, but her idea of love and her stressful facade. Sayaka acknowledges that Touko needs her as her best friend and is not ready to accept love from any source, and she's right on the mark.
Nov 18, 2018 12:07 AM

Apr 2012
@giraffemangome Then why was it necessary to build the whole scene on her happiness from finding a soul mate and understanding that she is not alone? What is the meaning of this scene? We are almost openly told that the teacher and the barmaid hide their relationship, because they are lesbians, and not for any other reason.

Not to mention that the entire episode was built on Sayaka's gayinst and at the beginning, Miyako directly asks her, "do you also have a girl that you like?"

Nov 18, 2018 12:27 AM
Jul 2018
RobertBobert said:
aa_bumi said:

It was a sarcasm about the comment that this is “another unrealistic yuri-moe fan-service anime where half or all of the characters are lesbians".

kuorell said:

This is a rather difficult cultural moment that cannot be explained by simple homophobia or censorship. In Japan, the views on love and relationships between people are quite different from the West; therefore, lesbian relations between adult and young girls are often considered different things in Japan.

In part, this is the reason why many shows devoted to female teen friendships are often considered to be frank qeerbaiting in the West. And this is not to mention the Japanese love to describe a strong friendship as a form of "love relationship".

ABDoesThings said:

Well, as far as I know, many people try to read her words like "if it is you, then everything is fine". Although I doubt that such a realistic LGBT manga can have such melodramatic cliches.

It's not supposed to be melodramatic at all. I still think the story is great tho. But honestly, the pacing is a bit slow.
Nov 18, 2018 1:22 AM

Sep 2018
RobertBobert said:
@giraffemangome Then why was it necessary to build the whole scene on her happiness from finding a soul mate and understanding that she is not alone? What is the meaning of this scene? We are almost openly told that the teacher and the barmaid hide their relationship, because they are lesbians, and not for any other reason.

Not to mention that the entire episode was built on Sayaka's gayinst and at the beginning, Miyako directly asks her, "do you also have a girl that you like?"

Sayaka has obviously struggled to see her sexuality represented positively, so yes, finding someone similar to talk about is great for her. I would assume she wanted to see if it really was a phase of some sort, and Riko and Miyako's relationship was for her, a goalpost of some sort to help her envision a proper romantic future as a lesbian.
Not to sound rude but I'm just not sure what exactly you're disappointed in. I don't think Miyako herself cares that much about hiding their relationship, and despite being in a heteronormative society, homosexual relationships aren't exactly "forbidden". Coming out to somebody is definitely a big moment for Sayaka, but that's just one of her two problems solved, and now she is looking to Miyako for counselling for her second one. Coming all the way to a coffee shop near school on a holiday just to ask if she's in a relationship with sensei or not is most likely not what someone would do, so Sayaka's intentions to look for guidance should be clear to Miyako, especially after the ways she acted and the question she asked.
Nov 18, 2018 1:22 AM

Apr 2012
@ABDoesThings In any case, it’s hard for me to imagine that the same work could first say that homosexuality is an innate part of a person, but later use the plot with "love is stronger than gender, you can fall in love with person of any gender if you truly want!".

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Romances On A Similar Level To Bloom Into You?

Enderobot - Yesterday

9 by Enderobot »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2018

199 by Worsethansoap »»
Mar 24, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2018

246 by rieeya »»
Feb 28, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2018

89 by CeliaOffcial »»
Jan 22, 3:05 AM

» anime or manga

kotosugu - Oct 12, 2023

17 by Atsunome »»
Jan 10, 8:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.