Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 28, 2018 9:15 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha, Haruo's character personality never ceases to amuse me in this series.

Glad the episode decided to focus a lot on him and Oono together. They're also playing games together again! Koharu also returns this episode and it's obvious that she still likes Haruo. The two spend some time together too. It kinda shows a difference between his relationship with the two main girls. That confession from Koharu though!

I wish this series lasted longer since it has the potential to extend the storytelling. For what's shown, I still found it pretty enjoyable overall.
Sep 28, 2018 9:47 AM
Jan 2016
OVA in march 2019!!! 😍
Sep 28, 2018 9:49 AM
Aug 2018
Great episode. Oono was so cute and looked like a wife when they are in the hotel XD

Hearth breaking though, Haruo have made 2 innocent girls cried :(
Sep 28, 2018 1:53 PM

Feb 2008
They both violence thought haha :P

Koharu sure is much better than some mute person like Akira.
Whoever design her to stay mute.

Round 13-15 in March 2019. :P

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 28, 2018 2:00 PM
Mar 2018
So without spoilering myself too much, is this ending like any other 'romantic' anime endings, in the way that there was a commitment without a confession, or the other way around? Or at least they are not a couple by the western/logical means?
Sep 28, 2018 6:23 PM

Feb 2014
It was such a pleasant anime. The encrustation of video-games screens in the anime was really well-done making the nostalgia trip even better.

Can't wait for the ova in march.
Sep 28, 2018 8:01 PM

Jul 2015
That was quite a nice romance series, pretty nice comedy as well plus an interesting setting! All the game elements were so nice.

Sep 28, 2018 8:35 PM

Mar 2018
This gave me a reason to live at least until March-19... I hope there will be a S2, manga will be finished by that time so we can have a proper closure to this love story
Sep 28, 2018 9:32 PM

Nov 2011
You fucking kidding me? Now I gotta wait until March with THAT CLIFFHANGER?!?!?!?! GTFO!

Overall this episode was really good. I need a Gif of Oono pounding on Harou's back when he was talking about Ghosts and murderers. That part was so cute. Props to Oono's VA with that one.

Man this anime was really something special. I did not think it would turn out to be this fantastic. 10/10
SoraSenpaiSep 28, 2018 9:38 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 28, 2018 10:08 PM

Jan 2013
march is a LONG ways away with THAT cliffhanger!! (if they continue/finish the story with them that is)

anyway, liking Ono's faces in this ep and Koharu is too pure...very hard to choose who should win
Sep 28, 2018 10:11 PM

Dec 2017
Man I was so 50/50 on who is best girl in this series. That's pretty rare.

Kinda wanted Oono to say something, but that okay.

March 2019... the legendary rematch between Hidaka and Haruo (maybe?). This time, with more stakes than ever! Oh man can't wait for that.
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Sep 28, 2018 10:25 PM

May 2016
This was very much a show that grows on you, and I think the rating here suddenly jumping +1.20 (from 6.6something to 7.90) now that it's finished and the early droppers scores no longer count just goes to prove that.

I didn't like it for the first few episodes, I found the style of 3D off-putting and the game ads weird.. As well as Oono too. But.. man. By the end this had won my over. I really grew to love this show and all the characters, to the point where this managed to move me like no other show this season. And these last two episodes? Perfect imo. In pacing, writing, all of it (whenever that ED track plays man...). This was really great, and I want more. It pains me that the OVAs are coming in March... Can't imagine the wait for a season 2 if we ever get one.
ZaugrSep 28, 2018 10:40 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2018 10:55 PM
Mar 2017
I will miss these 3 characters

The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Sep 28, 2018 11:14 PM

May 2016
Awesomely done, from the two of them in the hotel room, to Hidaka's confession and challenge. I wish they had announced a whole second season, but I'll take the OVAs(Probably wil cover vol. 5 in the manga), and hope they greenlight season 2 by then!

Yaguchi's mom wins Mom Of The Year!
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Sep 28, 2018 11:21 PM

Sep 2007
I'm glad I'm read the manga and not stuck in that cliffhanger, that was savage. XD
Altough the translation didn't leave me in a much better spot either.

The CG still bothers me a bit but, overall, was a good anime.
Sep 28, 2018 11:57 PM

Aug 2008
Now this cliffhanger was a dick move. Maybe if there was a full second season but not when it's just 3 episodes of cheap CG. It was probably ma favourite show this season but come on...

Putting that aside, I kind of like Ono but Hidaka is still the better character. To be honest, Ono feels more like a plot device than actual character. Things just happen to her and everything that is supposed to make us feel bad for her is far fetched enough to start feeling very artificial (I'm mean Jesus Christ, that teacher is a caricature). On the other hand Hidaka actually has agency. Though the author is really good at making you feel for Ono... So... harem ending?
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 29, 2018 12:02 AM
Sep 2018
Will miss the good op and ed
Haruo's mother is so cool
Sep 29, 2018 12:29 AM

Mar 2014
Wait that's the final episode and we have to wait till March 2019? Damn why you do this to me...

All in all though this was a great episode, and that ending really leaves you hanging...like really. Once again I really feel bad for Hidaka and am curious to see how it'll end.
Sep 29, 2018 12:49 AM

May 2017
Hidaka is legit best girl, this episode cemented it for me, Haruo got no choice to choose both coz I don't want either to lose so I hope Hidaka wins the 1v1

6/10
Sep 29, 2018 1:48 AM
Mar 2018
I liked the tone of the prior episode a bit more, especially with the title song at the end, but this was quite well ended. Well, if you like half ends and I only say that because a confession may be made, yet the outcome is still open. At least they nailed Haruo's facial expression at the end; never saw such a perfect presentation of the term 'dumbfounded'.

And you can kinda guess what the OVA's will be about. I suppose it will end in a draw. Not the game, but the romance since someone has to be heartbroken (yet despair is one of japans specialties).
Sep 29, 2018 1:59 AM

May 2015
estebassist said:
This gave me a reason to live at least until March-19... I hope there will be a S2, manga will be finished by that time so we can have a proper closure to this love story

the manga already ends like two days ago

he takes what he's lost and discards what he's won, he's every bit as alive as you and I
Sep 29, 2018 2:01 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Great finale, and an equally great cliffhanger!

Best mom of the year surely goes to Haruo’s mother, for obvious reasons. Particularly loved the scene where his mother was contemplating on how popular her son has become with girls, xD. On another note, the love triangle officially starts! What an emotional and sudden confession that was from Koharu, I really don’t know who I should be rooting for anymore. Meanwhile, we got to see more of Oono x Harou and it was just perfect! Literally! The photo booth scene and the scene when they just got to the hotel room was glorious! I just love the relationship between the two. I just hope she isn’t being punished too harshly and I really hope they give her some freedom, now that they surely realise how much of a burden her education has become and whatnot.

As for the whole series in general, the Storyline/Plot Development and the Characterization/Character Development has been good for the most part. It’s just a pity that we didn’t get to see much of Haruo’s friend in the last couple of episodes or so along with a few other characters which imo deserved more. As for the Art/Animation, I really found it downgrading at first but by the end of the show, I can confidently say that I’ve grown accustomed to it now and it seems like a really good idea considering this is meant to be a ‘90s show, Banana Fish for instance has a different art to it too. Sound Department has been sublime and brilliant for the most bit. Every time the music for the ED strikes in, the feels just rush in thanks to all the gripping cliffhangers throughout the course of the show. All in all, a brilliant watch which I did not initially expect to be this fabulous.

To be honest, I could really feel myself comparing to Haruo just how passionate he is to games while I to anime and such. The show just like it hit home, really! I’m glad I gave this a shot and I’ll surely remember this show for a long time coming now.

- Storyline/Plot Development: 7.5/10
- Characterization/Character Development: 7/10
- Art/Animation: 7/10
- Sound Department: 9/10
- Personal Enjoyment: 9/10

-> Overall: A brilliant 8/10! I’m totally hyped for March now, can’t wait to see how the OVAs do and a hopeful Season 2 announcement too!
_MushiRock11_Sep 29, 2018 2:04 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 29, 2018 2:50 AM

Jun 2016
I think the match is going to be played between Hidaka and Oono.
I'll probably read the manga , can't wait for March xD
9/10 for me, even though the show had some weaknesses I really enjoyed it personally. It felt like a trip to the past and you watched both the game industry and the characters develop at the same time. It really encaptured the feeling of being a gamer.

Sep 29, 2018 3:29 AM

Jan 2015
Man, I really love this series... It could be my favorite of the Summer Season. And, even then, I cannot believe that ending!

I’m honestly all about Oono and Haruo, being together. But damn, they really know how to make me feel for poor Koharu, too. It feels like her confession is nothing short of a futile effort, on the one hand. But then again, with the lockdown Oono has on her, due to her family, it could well turn out that Haruo and she will never actually be together.

And, to some degree, that would potentially give Koharu what she wants. If indeed Haruo deigned to be with her. And, I guess I’d be happy to see that she’s happy. But man, it would be bittersweet as all hell. Because I feel even more so for Oono. And, I guess it really all depends on what Haruo even really feels for them both. While he seems to have had something of an attachment to Oono, I don’t think he’s ever really assessed his true feelings.

So, dammit... March cannot come soon enough!
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Sep 29, 2018 4:19 AM

Jul 2017
It started off as an average series but grew itself into such a cute and amazing series in the end.

I'm pumped for March 2019. Need those remaining 3 rounds to see what happens XD
Sep 29, 2018 6:08 AM

Dec 2014
Haruo is really something . He is so immature sometimes... always only caring for games..but the end though did not see that one coming
Sep 29, 2018 6:26 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Oh lord.. the wait for March 2019 is even more painful after that cliffhanger.

Anyway, this is my AOTS. (if we dont count sequels anyway)
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 29, 2018 6:27 AM

Apr 2012
The last episode was my favorite. Damn, the plot and the girls were stronger than ever before, MC was playing in PS1, and then this is a confession .... I can not wait for OVA.

7+1 for final episode/10.
Sep 29, 2018 8:33 AM

Mar 2016
I thought I was gonna not get anything good out of this since theres still a lotta material to go, but WOW! That hotel scene made the entire thing worth it for me + the extra confession from Hidaka. Time to read the manga!!
Sep 29, 2018 9:32 AM

May 2015
JLaxius said:
I'll probably read the manga

braveshined said:
Time to read the manga!!

ayy I suggest to read from ch1 since theres some fun little stuff that got left out, there's also extra gag on every last page of a volume and the manga also shows some great (arguably better) expressions from everybody

he takes what he's lost and discards what he's won, he's every bit as alive as you and I
Sep 29, 2018 10:33 AM

Mar 2016
LeturLefr said:
ayy I suggest to read from ch1 since theres some fun little stuff that got left out, there's also extra gag on every last page of a volume and the manga also shows some great (arguably better) expressions from everybody

Oh definitely. Look forward to seeing me in the chapter discussion threads eventually.
Sep 29, 2018 10:34 AM

Oct 2013
It's the first time I really like a love triangle... even if we all know he will be with Oono, ah!
That's a record since I really can't stand those most of the time (Shichisei no Subaru I piss upon you)

Actually it's my best otaku romance, way better than WotaKoi for me, and maybe even better than Net-juu no Susume...
But I'm not quite so sure about this one
The level of cuteness of Net-juu was way over the top...
Damn we have so many cute otaku romances like this nowadays
Sep 29, 2018 11:10 AM

Aug 2017
Oh, the ending.

The first part was Oono and Haruo together. And the last part was Hidaka declaring his love to Haruo.

The show started as an average series with a weird CGI. Ended up being a decent romance show with a lot of games from the 1990s. I like most of the characters. 7/10 for the anime PD: we have to wait until March 2019 :(

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 29, 2018 11:17 AM

Aug 2018
Good episode but honestly I think the show would be better without the blonde girl.
Sep 29, 2018 12:36 PM

Aug 2017
This show was pure nostalgia, the playstation intro hit me so hard, I enjoyed pretty much this series, my favorite of this season without a doubt. Reading the rest of manga from now on.
Sep 29, 2018 2:14 PM

Sep 2017
The romance is cute. I really wish they didn't CG it. But the fact that the awkwardness of the CG characters work quite well with the comedy kinda compensates for the lack of visual appeal.
Sep 29, 2018 2:37 PM

Aug 2014
What a place to end. Started this for the games, but it turned out one of the best romances I've watched.

Fucking March though?? Guess I can read it. Not much to miss from the animation, but sound was a big part of the nostalgia fuel.
Sieg Zeon!
Sep 29, 2018 3:42 PM

May 2016
I love Koharu so much, can't wait <3
Sep 29, 2018 3:46 PM

Dec 2015
9/10 with option to increase it to 10/10 should a full adaption happen (= 2nd season after that 3 more eps) and should it stay that good.

One of the best romance shows I encountered since I started watching anime. Usually I don't like romance that much. I grew up with SNES. Don't know much about acarde stuff but I know Street Fighter from SNES.

The chars were nice. And I loved how they did the interaction between the chars. I guess the manga was already good (haven't read it) but the studio did a great job. Voice actors were fitting. And it was nice to have those differences in how the chars were presented.

Oono not speaking. Not even thinking (at least not stuff we hear). But they were great at still showing her communicate. And while watching I could always pick up the mood/feeling and what she might think. (Fun in the last episode when her facial expression changed when Yaguchi mentioned the kidnapping.)

Hidaka often was thinking about Yaguchi and we "heard" her. Was fun. Yaguchi was a nice and understanding guy. Just too stupid to realize that he loves Oono. (He doesn't know yet what love means.) Always thinking about her. He is nice to Hidaka. But he always thinkgs about Oono.

Nice small details. Oono keeping that cheap ring. Stuff like that. Really almost made me cry (I'm never really crying but the tears start a bit) - fucking great job in creating such a mood ... and that very often.
Sep 29, 2018 4:02 PM

Dec 2014
Damn, that was a great episode. Sucks that we have to wait till 2019 to get the rest. :(

The first half with Oono and Haruo living together even if it was just for a night at that hotel was so cute, especially when Haruo left for work that morning. So adorable. <3

Hidaka. T.T
I just feel so bad for her one sided love, it's clear that Haruo only has eyes for Oono but damn that final scene was heavy. Hidaka confessing with tears in her eyes and the declaration of the rematch with stakes that are higher than ever. :(

Overall, easily one of the best new shows of Summer 2018. Totally didn't expect this to be one though, expected an SoL comedy but turned out to be more than that with some really endearing characters and a pretty heartfelt love triangle. Both Hidaka and Oono are such good girls and the fact that one of them most probably Hidaka is gonna be heartbroken makes me real sad. Haruo grew on me as well and his passion for gaming is very relatable as well. I grew up with the GameBoy so I'm not as familiar with all the old games like Haruo but I love how the anime showcased the game side of things. Little nice touches like changing the aspect ratio of the frame to 4:3 and stuff go a pretty long way. XD

8/10, the wait and the eventual episodes are gonna be painful but I really wanna know what happens.

Sep 29, 2018 4:47 PM
Jan 2017
The cliffhanger was nuts!! Hidaka's confession was so straight foward. I really like the conditions of the PvP that they 'll have. Can't wait for the 3 episodes in March.
Sep 29, 2018 7:12 PM

Sep 2015
Haruo's reaction to Hidaka was my face for that confession too LOL.

Ah PS start up screen you got me there High Score Girl.
Into the Internet!
Sep 29, 2018 7:50 PM

Aug 2013
Great series. This last 2 episodes were amazing. But it just has to end at a cliffhanger...

What are the ovas, episode 13 -15, going to be about, though?

LeturLefr said:

Are you a manga reader? If so, how much has the anime adapted so far?

Does the fact that we have to wait half a year for episode 13-15 and the manga just recently ended implies we are getting a follow-up to the cliffhanger and ending the entire series right there?
Sep 29, 2018 8:01 PM

May 2015
Lol Oono's reflection on the window when Haruo mentions a ghost.

And Haruo has a backup console for the hotel TV! I actually did that once back in the day with my N64 lololol.

LOOK AT OONO WATCHING HARUO SLEEP!!! AND HARUO AND OONO ARE ACTING LIKE A REAL COUPLE!

"I'm gonna make a funny face so no one will notice..." HEADBUTT! So cute!

KOF ALL STARS! AND THEY'RE ADVERTISING BEST GIRL ATHENA AGAIN! AUTHOR HAS GOD TASTE!

"Yo Hidaka! Did you come here to make all the pro players cry again?" I hate to admit it...but it's true!

"Are you going to watch the fireworks tonight?"
"Nah, I'll get bored after watching for 10 seconds." Me too!

Why does Hidaka look so cute this episode? Maybe because she's smiling a lot more often...

OH NO! THE PICTURE!!! HIDAKA GOT CUCKED!

Oh wow, Hidaka just said it...And Haruo just got bitchslapped by his own Sega Saturn!

HIDAKA PROPOSED THE CHALLENGE! LET'S GO!!!!!!

*clap* *clap* clap* I am impressed! I am satisfied! I have a crazy grin on my face! I have not enjoyed a romance like this since White Album 2! This can't be over! It can't be over! We got OVAs coming up! Will there be a season 2? This better do well in Japan. We can't let the story end like this! I mean I could pick up the Manga, but that wouldn't be as fun as being surprised as the anime airs. We need to finish the story!!!!

Final Verdict: PRESS START/10!
TarotistOct 27, 2018 11:48 PM
Sep 29, 2018 10:49 PM

May 2016
UImoetard said:
Great series. This last 2 episodes were amazing. But it just has to end at a cliffhanger...

What are the ovas, episode 13 -15, going to be about, though?

LeturLefr said:

Are you a manga reader? If so, how much has the anime adapted so far?

Does the fact that we have to wait half a year for episode 13-15 and the manga just recently ended implies we are getting a follow-up to the cliffhanger and ending the entire series right there?

The anime is currently at Ch. #27. Vol. 8 finishes at #51,(only 49 chapters are translated, though), and I think the manga ends at vol. 10. A lot of material yet to be animated, I hope!
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Sep 29, 2018 11:18 PM
Dec 2017
Amazing amazing amazing!!!!
My favorite anime in this season 😊😊😊
Sep 30, 2018 2:21 AM

Apr 2015
Yaguchi cares so little about Hidaka it hurts.

Not much of an ending, as it isn't one in the first place. Not sure if I'll be around to see the OVAs so I'll probably try to read the spoilers at some point. Bloody good show by the way. Such an immersive setting. 6-7/10
Sep 30, 2018 3:57 AM

Jan 2016
This was fantastic, you know that an anime is good when you keep swinging between which girl Yaguchi should choose. Every damn time that I decide on Ono, Hidaka makes me think twice and so on

Can't wait for the OVA's, let's hope for a season 2
Sep 30, 2018 6:01 AM

Feb 2018
So its netorare??
Sep 30, 2018 6:34 AM

Mar 2017
I hated this show so much but also love it. If the art style and animation were a lot better paired with a MC who was less oblivious but just as obsessed it would've been one of my favorites. The animation in particular makes me mad.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High Score Girl Episode 3 Discussion

nehnehneji - Aug 10, 2018

46 by Strikrr »»
Jan 5, 12:56 PM

Poll: » High Score Girl Episode 1 Discussion

Kuroko33 - Sep 4, 2018

34 by asoyboy »»
Nov 22, 2023 6:36 PM

Poll: » High Score Girl Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2018

67 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 14, 2023 9:03 AM

Poll: » High Score Girl Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2018

68 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 13, 2023 10:48 PM

Poll: » High Score Girl Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

44 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 13, 2023 8:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.