Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 19, 2018 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The character cast is so appealing for this show.

Hisone is a curious character but her personality stands out a lot. That Kaizaki has my interest so far too as her behavior is more or less anxious compared to others. The way dragons react in this show gave me some laughs.

A slow paced but entertaining episode. I think the OP song is well made too.
Apr 19, 2018 8:50 AM
Nov 2007
ED song is a cover of this:

Apr 19, 2018 6:15 PM

Mar 2008
The ED song is absolutely great.

https://twitter.com/hisomaso_anime/status/986991059313061889

And the OP cover:
https://twitter.com/hisomaso_anime/status/986990555803467776
frozenpandamanApr 19, 2018 6:46 PM
Apr 20, 2018 3:41 PM

Mar 2008
Stark700 said:
Still waiting for this episode to come out? Where did you guys watch it?

I watched the raw. Subs should be coming sometime tonight.
Apr 20, 2018 11:35 PM

Mar 2008
Subs are out now. :)
Apr 21, 2018 12:08 AM

Mar 2008
I love Hisone's personality being rude and truthful. Never change Hisone. Still that dragon vore though. xD
Apr 21, 2018 12:23 AM

Jun 2015
Nao's attitude was really annoying in this episode. I'm glad she came back around. It was nice of Hisone to go out and look for her. She's apparently the chosen miko for calling the OTF by its true name.
Apr 21, 2018 2:15 AM

Sep 2007
Wow, Hisone has no filter AT ALL.

That ending song, lolwut :)
Apr 21, 2018 2:29 AM

Jul 2017
Great episode.

I love Hisone so much already. She looked fine in her suits.

Really, really fun show so far and one of the 'gems' of this season.
Apr 21, 2018 2:53 AM
Nov 2016
Damn, I disliked Kaizaki at first because of her nature. I don't like bullies. I still don't like her but my dislike for her has lessened.

Seems like there's more to Hisone as she the chosen "Miko" according to their superior Sosoda.
Apr 21, 2018 3:04 AM

Apr 2016
Jesus, everyone in this show has some serious problems lol.

Cant wait to see more dragon riders ... i mean more by the dragon swallowed girls!
Apr 21, 2018 3:16 AM

Jan 2015
Lmfao I can’t even express myself, this is just....wow. Speechless
Those fucking OP and ED are fucking 11/10
Apr 21, 2018 4:33 AM

Sep 2015
Yup, Hisone is definitely the second best character of this entire season, right behind Sugimoto from Golden Kamuy, lol. I just love how she says everything that's on her mind out loud with absolutely no filter whatsoever, LOL.

Also, Jesus Christ, that fking ED. I can't remember the last time an ED made me laugh like that... easily the best ED of the season. Christ almighty xD.
Apr 21, 2018 4:40 AM

Nov 2016
The misunderstood attempt at bullying was very amusing to watch. And I already took a liking to the characters. Their simple design and personalities,especially Hisones are just so charming.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 21, 2018 5:38 AM

Jul 2015
Can't find any aspect of this show lacking in awesomeness.

Probably my quickest 10/10 ever.
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Apr 21, 2018 6:20 AM

Apr 2014
3(?) more dragon pilots inc. cool
some gifs:
karmashizzleApr 21, 2018 6:23 AM
Apr 21, 2018 6:32 AM

Feb 2017
The dancing in the ED is so good. xD
Also from the looks of it even though Kakiyasu says its standard to have multiple pilots the only secondary pilot we're going to see is Kaizaki, or at least the only one import enough to appear in the OP and ED.

Also if I had to guess the red dragon that turns into a blue plane is the short hair girl, the reconnaissance one is the girl with the akward expression and the cargo is the big gal.

Oh the blue plane is a mitsubishi F-2

And the other two are a E-2 hawkeye and a kawasaki C-1.
LuxeraphApr 21, 2018 6:59 AM
Apr 21, 2018 7:30 AM
Mar 2018
I thought this was a really good episode! This is quickly becoming one of my favorite shows this season. The characters are likable and they have great expressions with the animation. The ending with them dancing is also cute.
Apr 21, 2018 7:47 AM

Oct 2008
Another absolutely hilarious great episode!
so Hisone found the actual name of the OTF which is Masotan! nice!!
more character development for Kaizaki!
5/5.

Apr 21, 2018 7:52 AM

Sep 2016
The summer season is gonna feel lackluster after this. Inb4 this becomes an (almost) undisputed classic.
Apr 21, 2018 7:56 AM

Apr 2017
I'm really liking this show so far: I find every character appealing on some level and the "roughness" or "simplicity" of the art style makes this show quite pleasant to watch.
Apr 21, 2018 8:00 AM

Sep 2017
That ED is super cute. I loved how all of Nao's bullying attempts failed and Hisone thought she was being nice. Nao is super hotblooded and ran away pretty irrationally. I'm glad it seems like she will try to get along with Hisone from now on, but I hope she keeps her feisty side.
Apr 21, 2018 8:19 AM

Feb 2017
We now have a better indication of how big of an aviation fanboy the author of the series is. The name of Ikushima's company is "Okamoto Innovation Barnes-Wallis".

Barnes Wallis was a British engineer who designed the Upkeep ("Dam Buster" bouncing bomb), Tallboy and Grand Slam ("earthquake") bombs during the Second World War. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnes_Wallis
"I am not a Mochi Monster" - Nyanko Sensei
Apr 21, 2018 8:20 AM
Feb 2018
BlackstarFallen said:
Nao's attitude was really annoying in this episode. I'm glad she came back around. It was nice of Hisone to go out and look for her. She's apparently the chosen miko for calling the OTF by its true name.

The chosen miku? I thought he said miku because that's who that commander guy was talking to at the time. "She's the chosen, Jeff" etc..
Apr 21, 2018 8:21 AM
Feb 2018
BeyondTheStars said:
The summer season is gonna feel lackluster after this. Inb4 this becomes an (almost) undisputed classic.

Most definitely, it's so adorable!
Apr 21, 2018 8:22 AM

Feb 2017
BeyondTheStars said:

Umm, FLCL2 starts in June, "Kamon".
"I am not a Mochi Monster" - Nyanko Sensei
Apr 21, 2018 8:53 AM

Jan 2017
The episode was nice. In the ED Hisone looks like she's doing the dance Carlton does in Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. lol
Apr 21, 2018 9:06 AM

Apr 2016
Anyone else notice the abundance of innuendos? Especially in the preview to the next episode Christ XD. Seriously though, I loved this episode. The OP was nice and the ED is a national treasure.
Apr 21, 2018 10:31 AM

Aug 2015
The ED just adds to the overall weirdness of this show, but the song is catchy and anything with dancing is a plus for me.
Apr 21, 2018 11:19 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

When the suit making dude grabbed Hisone and said he was only interested in her body, I couldn't stop laughing. That was gold. XD

I love Hisone's completely straightforward, honest but at the same time kind rude demeanor towards others. XD

So the dragon is called Msaotan, suspected as much. xD

Flying scenes were great again.
Looking forward to next week.
Apr 21, 2018 11:38 AM
Jan 2014
I love the Ending so much!
Apr 21, 2018 12:50 PM

Feb 2016
I don't know why but I really liked the animation here. Its good to see a non CGI transformation once in a while

The ending was GLORIOUS LOL

I'm really digging this anime :3
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 21, 2018 1:39 PM

Apr 2015
Why was Maso-tan being tsundere in Nao-san's defense? He wouldn't even swallow the bitch until it was a situation which benefitted Hisone. At least the end suggested Nao-san is warming up to her a bit.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Apr 21, 2018 2:17 PM

Aug 2015
I looked it up and the original singer of the ED France Gall died just this year. Maybe someone was a fan and wanted to honor her?
Apr 21, 2018 2:35 PM

Jul 2013
Requesting someone make close up GIFs of the ED dancing. I would plaster that on my profile so fast
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2018 2:51 PM

Sep 2011
Wow this episode was actually better than the first, the comedy was just toally on point, the misunderstanding from hisone about the bullying was probably the most entertaining gag this season so far, I love her rudeness as a result of her rants.

Why wont people just give this show a chance, its got so much heart and soul yet its completely drowned out by every other show this season

BeyondTheStars said:
I hope so, the show feels plucked out of the late 90's which kind of makes it feel even more like its some sort of classic show that got lost to time.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 21, 2018 3:13 PM

May 2015
Man, this anime reminds me a lot of Sora no wo to (minus the music) and Patlabor. I'm looking forward to more episodes.
RoseVueApr 21, 2018 3:19 PM
Apr 21, 2018 3:56 PM

Apr 2016
JizzyHitler said:
Why wont people just give this show a chance, its got so much heart and soul yet its completely drowned out by every other show this season

I think the show is gaining traction. Especially on twitter. It has a lot more members than it did last week.
Apr 21, 2018 6:37 PM

Sep 2011
Twisterboy said:
JizzyHitler said:

I think the show is gaining traction. Especially on twitter. It has a lot more members than it did last week.
that'd be great if it did gain traction, well in the event the quality keeps up that is, if the show can improve above these spectacular first 2 episodes were I could see this getting a 9/10 from me but i dont want to put too much hope on it

Still im already in full on shill mode for the series at the time being, I think being in a season where both his and megalo box air side by side is kind of mind blowing

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 21, 2018 7:59 PM

Dec 2016
This show has been pretty boring so far, maybe I would like it more if I didn't come into it expecting it not to be a slice-of-life. Welp, guess I fucked myself over but maybe it'll pick up more, or at least show some resemblance of a plot at some point

I will say that the two girls getting along now is pretty cute
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 21, 2018 8:43 PM

Mar 2016
Kaizaki went full Asuka-mode and Hisone just has no filter whatsoever lmao. Great duo, can't wait to see how they play off one another in later episodes. BEST ED BTW

4/5!

also that preview
w h a t
BongHits4ShinjiApr 21, 2018 8:51 PM
Apr 21, 2018 8:51 PM
Mar 2018
If it weren't for Megalo Box, this would be AOTS for me for sure!

ED of the season right there....
Apr 21, 2018 10:28 PM
Jul 2018
Very nice episode. Hisone has got my attention as mc and really liking her character now but I really cannot like Nao :\ Anyway diverse characters which makes this show so fun. Also the drama handled brilliantly and I feel like I can expect alot from this show. The music/animation is more like addictive to me (especially that transformation scene).
Apr 21, 2018 11:42 PM

May 2015
"Nothing to worry about. I am only interested in your body." Ikushima is a man of culture!

"I can't sleep until I hear the rest of it." Kaizaki, YOU FAIL!

F-15 fighter planes? I see...Dat "Otofu" though...

Aww...Kaizaki's thunder was stolen by Amakusa. Gotta have that Okada drama...Hmm...sounds like a particular character from Cross Ange...wait...Cross Ange...Hisone to Maso-tan...Dragons that turn into jets...Nah...Fukuda wouldn't do something like that...

Wait...did Maso-tan just sniff Kaizaki? Yep, we're definitely Cross Ange now...

A miko...a shrine priestess? Is Amakusa special or something to be able to read Masotan's name? Huh...I wonder where this will lead up to. Anyway, still loving the dragon-to-jet transformation. Based Kawamori.

French? Why French? Well, it is unique, and it sounds catchy, so I'll roll with it.
Apr 22, 2018 12:18 AM

Feb 2017
Beautiful episode! i'm loving this anime!
Great OP & the ED is pure greatness.
Apr 22, 2018 12:50 AM
Jul 2016
Heiach said:
BlackstarFallen said:

The chosen miku? I thought he said miku because that's who that commander guy was talking to at the time. "She's the chosen, Jeff" etc..

Miku = shrine maiden

Given the backstory of the dragons hiding and the classic connection between dragons and maidens, it falls into place quite nicely.
Apr 22, 2018 2:07 AM

Nov 2007
I am so glad I sensed something fun will happen with this anime once I saw the PV! Too bad this anime is going under the radar of so many fans. Fantastic second episode.

The characters already have a lot of life to them just two episodes in and OMG! The voice acting are so damn good! And then of course the originality of dragons transforming to real fighter jets!

I think I am being sold more and more the more I watch this anime!

Hisone to Maso-tan could easily become the real gem of the season!

Oh, before I forget, the OP and ED are simply amazing. Especially the ED. A freaken' 11.5/10!

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 22, 2018 2:58 AM

Mar 2008
Atomsk102 said:
We now have a better indication of how big of an aviation fanboy the author of the series is.

Well, considering the entire premise, yes… but just a note that there are two authors working on the show, afaik (and Okada is a woman; Higuchi is a man). :)

HereticHunter said:
Its good to see a non CGI transformation once in a while

A lot of the plane scenes are CGI, but in post-processing are made to look like they aren't – and they do a good job of it.
https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2018/04/17/dragon-pilot-hisone-masotan-production-notes-01/

Ravinous said:
Heiach said:
The chosen miku? I thought he said miku because that's who that commander guy was talking to at the time.

Miku = shrine maiden

It's miko (as BlackstarFallen said), not miku.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miko
frozenpandamanApr 22, 2018 3:13 AM
Apr 22, 2018 3:10 AM

Mar 2008
Luxeraph said:
if I had to guess the red dragon that turns into a blue plane is the short hair girl, the reconnaissance one is the girl with the akward expression and the cargo is the big gal..

The website answers all.

And Masotan (aka F-15J) is with Hisone (and maybe later Nao…?!) in Gifu.

http://hisomaso.com/#chara
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 8 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Oct 6, 2018

5 by Assassin2112 »»
Mar 15, 5:41 PM

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 9 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Oct 6, 2018

10 by Fuwa_san »»
Jan 8, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

30 by hikari_kuroo »»
Nov 25, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 24, 2018

30 by L01MK »»
Jun 29, 2023 12:53 PM

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2018

43 by quentintarantado »»
May 21, 2023 12:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.