Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 25, 2017 5:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting to see that snow falling this episode with the cold weather.

I liked this episode with the chill mood and usual humor.
Glad to see Aqours keeping it together after their recent performances. Ruby got some interesting moments imo and I like how close she is with Dia.

Those tears ;_;
Nov 25, 2017 6:08 AM

Jun 2013
LOL Chika-chan wearing full face ski mask XD

Kitan~!
Nov 25, 2017 6:16 AM
Mar 2016
vicexxv said:

Lol, that was too funny XD She looks like a thief
Nov 25, 2017 8:18 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode again, I wanted this episode to be so much longer, glad to see it's continuing next week.

Chika and her Mikan accessories are absolute gold. XD
Hanamaru with them round layers. xD
I love how You was doing the salute when Hanamaru fell over the girls. XD

We finally get to see Saint Snow again, I was expecting we'd get to see them perform, too bad we couldn't. I totally did not expect Saint Snow to fail the qualifiers though. :o

I really liked how they decided to draw parallel with Leah and Sarah's relationship to Ruby and Dia. I loved how Ruby was able to understand what Leah was going through and seeing her speak up at the restaurant that Leah would just be lonely without her sister was a really sweet but embarrassing thing to say especially with Dia right next to her.

I absolutely adore how close the Kurosawa sisters are, The Dia and Ruby moments this episode were so sweet. Loved it when Dia told Ruby she was really proud of her. The whole pier scene was really emotional. The sisterly bonds are simply too strong for me. <3

The final scene with Ruby and Leah arguing about their sisters was funny. xD
The final shot with the tree, the lights along with Ruby and Leah was great.

Somehow I feel the lyrics of the ED especially the beginning really resonate with the context of this episode. Feels like something Dia would tell Ruby.
Also, Dia Ruby ED shot. <3

Nov 25, 2017 8:54 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
im surprised my heart hasn't burst out of my chest yet

ps: DAT ASS
Nov 25, 2017 8:55 AM

Sep 2009
Siblings are great (I have one), but I'm bothered by the fact that they didn't SHOW the performance yet again. Otherwise I'm surprised that they're actually going to continue this episode's plot thread and AWAKEN THE POWER!
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Nov 25, 2017 8:57 AM
Jul 2018
Forced comedy aside this episode was really sweet, I just wish Ruby would stop squealing all the time for no good reason. And now I really want to hear that Snow White song, the intro was so hype, but not showing their performance when they're going to get two episodes was a kick in the nuts. I know they failed, but it was still a dick move to not show them performing.
removed-userNov 25, 2017 9:03 AM
Nov 25, 2017 9:08 AM

Apr 2014
It was a great episode. Can't wait for Ruby x Leah.
Nov 25, 2017 9:09 AM

Mar 2013
That MariDia part at the beginning reminds me of Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou OP for some reason...
What was my signature again?
Nov 25, 2017 9:17 AM

Oct 2015
I thought this will be a Hanamaru diet episode, thank god it's not it. I thought Saint Snow school is in UTX?? By the way totally did not expect for them to failed their performance. I'm glad Saint Snow got a lot of screen time, but I'm pissed they didn't show their performance. Even if they failed, should've show it to us, I want to hear the new song god damn it. And there's still more of Saint Snow on the next episode, A-RISE never even got this treatment.. I really like Sarah, I don't know why. Seeing Ruby crying with her usual pigii and arguing with Leah who's the best onee-san is cute as well. Seems Ruby and Leah will be singing together can't wait. There's some a little bit of YohaRiko and some MariKanan moments XD.
Nov 25, 2017 9:36 AM

Sep 2015
I thought the Saint Snow episode is over because Ruby and Leah sang the ED

Aaaaand this should enter "Try not to smile" challenge
Nov 25, 2017 9:49 AM

Jun 2013
aspaknyaa said:
I thought the Saint Snow episode is over because Ruby and Leah sang the ED

Aaaaand this should enter "Try not to smile" challenge

The first years sang the ED
Kitan~!
Nov 25, 2017 10:47 AM

Sep 2013
Zura can't stop eating and Sarah messed up :'(
Ruby there for her cause she knows her feelings for her big sister.
2 ep though? maybe season 3.
Nov 25, 2017 10:53 AM

Dec 2015
Nice episode.

Love Chika with his mask... Some funny moments too. But They are not cold by wearing a skirt when it is snowing? Like in real life, I'm sure I can't support that.

Ruby was so cute, I'm glad the episode was focus on her. Really love the DiaRuby scene *-* Was expecting her to sing the ending in solo or with Dia but look like it is first year. Like most of you, that's sad they didn't show the performance of Saint Snow...

set by taiyaki

Nov 25, 2017 11:11 AM

Feb 2008
I had a really bad feeling about this saint snow when Ruby saw Leah tremble, it's already end up in failure so skip performance will save up some time.
It's was a bit drama but it was kind of sweet.

Ruby and Leah thinking to make a song for they big sisters together. / Getting closer and so on.

" Ops, Hanamaru eating too much. What a hell Zura~ "

To be Continue next week saturday. xD

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Nov 25, 2017 11:13 AM
Feb 2016
So after building them up for so long, they get rid of the only real competition for Aqours in the entire show... So the rest of the season will be nothing but Aqours steamrolling through Love Live with a bunch of drama about them graduating copied from the original show.
Nov 25, 2017 11:20 AM

Mar 2017
w-was someone cutting onions? ; _ ;
Nov 25, 2017 11:38 AM

Jun 2011
VanillaLucky said:
This episode makes me want to quit LLS...
After a long waiting, we were finally able to see Saint Snow... but they didn't even show the performance and they've fucked up Saint Snow !

You're not happy with the fact that Saint Snow is actually getting some real emotional development, unlike A-Rise where they were reduced into the background and just became cardboard cut-outs used as a goal for u's to achieve? At the very least we're getting some kind of drama with them!

Though I can see why you're disappointed with no actual Saint Snow song, hopefully we get to see some king of glimpse of it next episode.
Nov 25, 2017 12:33 PM
Jul 2018
this season is so absolute garbage it's surreal
Nov 25, 2017 12:42 PM

Sep 2016
vicexxv said:

chika meme mask lmao

CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 25, 2017 1:33 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.

Hokkaido looks great covered in Snow. LOL Hanamaru wearing so many layers of clothes.
Poor Saint Snow. Sad they didn't make it to the next round.

Nice of Ruby to cheer up Leah.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Nov 25, 2017 2:20 PM

Oct 2012
I dunno, I didn't like this episode much. Sure, the story behind Saints Snow failure was interesting but also kinda generic and forced (not to mention I was hype up to see their performance again and they didn't even animate it). Right, this applies to μ`s too but doing this several times in a row just feels pretty stale. They are seeing the end of the school as the end of their life which is kinda dumb and shortsighted approach to their lives. Shouldn't they emphasize that friendship is worth more than this? Surely they would be able to sing together even after that, right? (times like these I can actually appreciate shows like Wake Up, Girls that maybe aren't perfect but deals with those things a lot better).

Heck, I would actually liked if this was the hint to the fact that Aqours continue singing even after the school and Love Live ends... Cause Love Live isn't really everything there is in the world, right? But if this isn't the true in the end then this episode actually served no story purpose. And I'm not mentioning the fact that they entered their inn by pure chance... surely that wouldn't happen if not forced by the plot.

Also, Ruby was playing Cpt. Obvious in the end, not really telling her anything new rather then empty naive phrases (in the light of this it really shows how immature and dumb she is for her age compared to other girls..) But Ruby actually isn't anything more outside of her archetype of 'cute little thingie' so why do I even care, hm?

Other than that, Hanamaru's gluttony is getting her annoying more and more, it just always feels like comedy element inserted where it shouldn't be.

All-in-all, not a best episode, actually one of the worst in this series. Maybe that's just me because I still can't see any worth in Ruby 'archetypical' character - she never overcome her shadow unline other characters. But I also think that if they wanted emphasize failure here, they would do a lot better job if they let them fail some minor event instead, that would serve better as warning for them (and for viewers too) and it would also keep things more personal. The was it was with Saint Snow this episode, it just felt as an afterthought.
Nov 25, 2017 6:03 PM

Sep 2015
vicexxv said:

The first years sang the ED

Ah, probably misheard things I was watching while sleepy late night xD
Nov 25, 2017 6:22 PM

Nov 2017
vicexxv said:

Leah: Tell me about Chika! Why does she wear the mask?
Chika: Perhaps she's wondering why someone would shoot an idol before making them lose Love Live!
Leah: At least you can sing, what's your name!
Chika: Who I am doesn't matter, what matters is our dance formation.
*lifts cover*
Chika: No one cared who I was until I became a school idol.
Leah: If I took off that mask would you lose.
Chika: No, but it would be extremely painful.
Leah: You're a big idol.
Chika: for you.

Leah: Well, you got yourself caught. What's the next part of your master plan!
Chika: Making you fall... with no chance of winning!
Leah:
(Translator's Note: "nico nico nii" means "SHINY DAYS in My Pocket")

nico nico nii.

Nov 25, 2017 7:33 PM

Nov 2015
Lock the doors, Chika is after them loli folders on your hard-drive

Katsura janai, Zura da

Nov 25, 2017 9:14 PM

Dec 2015
Hanamaru is a big girl.

peh-soh-nah said:
vicexxv said:

Leah: Tell me about Chika! Why does she wear the mask?
Chika: Perhaps she's wondering why someone would shoot an idol before making them lose Love Live!
Leah: At least you can sing, what's your name!
Chika: Who I am doesn't matter, what matters is our dance formation.
*lifts cover*
Chika: No one cared who I was until I became a school idol.
Leah: If I took off that mask would you lose.
Chika: No, but it would be extremely painful.
Leah: You're a big idol.
Chika: for you.

Leah: Well, you got yourself caught. What's the next part of your master plan!
Chika: Making you fall... with no chance of winning!
Leah:

Nov 25, 2017 9:15 PM
May 2017
dariken said:
this season is so absolute garbage it's surreal
And Aqours lacks sexualizing JK though every member of Muse could wear scantily clad.
Nov 25, 2017 9:17 PM

Mar 2017
Liked how they gave Ruby and Saint Snow character development. It was nice to see how one affected the other and vice versa.

Also nice to see that the focus was on siblings(lol I can somehow relate)

And as others have said, bad move not to include Saint Snow's performance. But, would you still complain considering that song was different from the one shown in an earlier episode? THEY MADE ANOTHER SONG FOR SAINT SNOW

Lastly, another foreshadowing to the inevitable end to Aqours. Though, this is one of the things that makes SS greater than the original SIP. The slow build-up makes it so much better than the sudden, K-On! copy-paste graduation plot in μ's

Lelouch0202 said:

Somehow I feel the lyrics of the ED especially the beginning really resonate with the context of this episode. Feels like something Dia would tell Ruby.

Really? I feel it was more suited to last weeks ep, atleast at the chorus.
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Nov 25, 2017 9:59 PM

Oct 2015
Twin-tailed imoutos bicker about who's onee-chan is better.This was a great episode.
Nov 25, 2017 10:20 PM

Mar 2016
expected a zuramaru episode, got a saint snow ep instead?? not mad, just wish some of the characters (you) got a little more background story (hanamaru), instead of side characters (kanan) that are ultimately unimportant to the plot. but what can ya say
Nov 26, 2017 12:38 AM

Dec 2013
Bittersweet episode with Saint Snow's defeat. Really loved the interactions with Ruby and Leah, it feels so different to her behaving more independently for her sister. Can't wait for their tribute song

NeraizelNov 26, 2017 12:42 AM
Nov 26, 2017 1:11 AM

Oct 2015
hentailuvr42069 said:
expected a zuramaru episode, got a saint snow ep instead?? not mad, just wish some of the characters (you) got a little more background story (hanamaru), instead of side characters (kanan) that are ultimately unimportant to the plot. but what can ya say
when kanan gets mentioned as a side chararacter lmfao.. She had the least screen time last season it's a good thing they're giving her the screen time she deserves
Nov 26, 2017 3:19 AM

Jun 2016
This episode is so focus on drama just like the previous ones, but at least it's not that 'drama'. Haha. Poor Saint Snow didn't make it to the final round. Poor Leah and Sarah. Glad Ruby is there to cheer Leah up and they decided to dedicate a performance for their big sisters. Aww.

I love this photo, btw. They're all so cute. :3

Zura is the star of this episode. Lmao. Chika's mask, though. Hahaha. So cute.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 26, 2017 7:54 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
LOL Hanamaru and her gluttonous self lol

I like the Ruby/Saint Snow focus, both Leah and Ruby feeling down about it being the last Love Live with their big sisters. But in the end Ruby cheering her up. Found it funny when Ruby was like no my sister is better xD

Chika-chan and that ski mask xD

Nov 26, 2017 8:28 AM

Dec 2014
red-tomato said:

Lelouch0202 said:

Really? I feel it was more suited to last weeks ep, atleast at the chorus.

Well generally the ED does mix well with the overall theme of the series.
Though for this particular episode,

Try and be brave, I know it's scary,
It's not like I was able to do it from the start, either
I messed up a lot,
I was really frustrated,
But that gave me strength, so don't give up

felt like something Dia would say to motivate Ruby since she can be pretty timid. xD
Nov 26, 2017 8:57 AM

Mar 2017
Lelouch0202 said:

I messed up a lot,
I was really frustrated,

felt like something Dia would say to motivate Ruby since she can be pretty timid. xD

('o') really nice especially if you put it that way, with best girl Dia(Mari) saying something like that to Ruby

as for me, its:

But dreams won't fade
Dreams won't fade

that part was,for me, emotional with the way they sang it. And the scene in ep7 when the other Uranohoshi students gave them their support was where I think it was meant for.

so, if the ED was for the series, I guess to the OP was for the build-up of everything that has happened so far?

An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Nov 26, 2017 4:56 PM

Jun 2011
VanillaLucky said:
Rayla said:

You're not happy with the fact that Saint Snow is actually getting some real emotional development, unlike A-Rise where they were reduced into the background and just became cardboard cut-outs used as a goal for u's to achieve? At the very least we're getting some kind of drama with them!

Though I can see why you're disappointed with no actual Saint Snow song, hopefully we get to see some king of glimpse of it next episode.

Saint Snow as idols is over. Now, we are going to see Saint Snow outside the school idol universe. There's gonna be some "emotional development" like you say, but no more cool Saint Snow like we were waiting for a very long time. Damn it, it took 8 episodes to see Saint Snow on scene and when we finally get to see them, the hype was real ! The intro of the song was leading into something freaking amazing but all of this... for nothing. Thanks for trolling us, assholes.
SS was the only reason I keep watching S2 which was already a so-so season, but now I've got no more reason to watch the rest

Buddy, if you're just watching Sunshine to see more Saint Snow than what's the point?
Nov 26, 2017 6:24 PM

Oct 2013
I'm a little bummed that we didn't hear Saint Snow's song. I liked last season's "Control."
Nov 26, 2017 6:42 PM

Apr 2016
I didn't expect Saint Snow to lose that way as I thought they were Aqour's rival and they will meet in the final round. Now that they're eliminated, I wonder if another "rival" will appear in the final round?

I like the conversation between Dia and Ruby. It was a heartwarming scene between two sisters.

I enjoyed the scene between Ruby and Leah. Little sisters' talk!
Leah smiling like that was a rare but great sight.

I look forward to see how Saint Snow developed after this loss in the next episode. :)
Nov 27, 2017 4:44 AM

Oct 2009
lmao the drama in this was executed so badly.
Nov 27, 2017 6:01 AM

Nov 2010
Oh my, so much Ruby. I LIKE IT.
Nov 27, 2017 8:23 PM

Jan 2014
Finally an episode where Ruby isn't 100% annoying. She's only 90% annoying in this one. Progress.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 29, 2017 2:50 AM

Oct 2008
I never knew Hanamaru is such a burger glutton!
Damn, I wanna see how Awesome Saint Snow performs and how they mess-up with that fall...damn!
4/5.

Nov 29, 2017 11:53 AM

Nov 2011
Too fun the beginning of the episode. It is touching instead the final one and the part that concerns Ruby and Dia.

vicexxv said:

Too fun Chika, I was dying with laughter when I saw her.
Nov 29, 2017 1:08 PM

Mar 2014
Saint Snow could've saved the show but Loli Live Sunshit chose to discard them as villains and didn't even bother showing their performance.

Congrats garbage show, I'm lowering the score to a 1
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 29, 2017 4:08 PM
Oct 2015
AoiYukihira004 said:
vicexxv said:

Lol, that was too funny XD She looks like a thief

I almost died when I noticed it was a mikan
Nov 29, 2017 4:13 PM
Oct 2015
really good development for ruby this episode it made me like her so much more now

also loved the closeness between her and dia it made me ship them even more.

cant wait to hear ruby and leah sister song next week
Nov 29, 2017 9:48 PM

May 2017
Rayla said:
VanillaLucky said:
This episode makes me want to quit LLS...
After a long waiting, we were finally able to see Saint Snow... but they didn't even show the performance and they've fucked up Saint Snow !

^ this, I totally agree

I'm disappointed too, who doesn't want to see their new song but it's still better than what happened to a-rise. They got miraculously beaten by muse despite the popularity gap and home advantage, some BS that was for the sake of the plot, freaking plot armor
Nov 30, 2017 8:33 PM

Dec 2014
red-tomato said:
Lelouch0202 said:

I messed up a lot,
I was really frustrated,

('o') really nice especially if you put it that way, with best girl Dia(Mari) saying something like that to Ruby

as for me, its:

But dreams won't fade
Dreams won't fade

that part was,for me, emotional with the way they sang it. And the scene in ep7 when the other Uranohoshi students gave them their support was where I think it was meant for.

so, if the ED was for the series, I guess to the OP was for the build-up of everything that has happened so far?

I agree, that part fit well with episode 7. As for the OP, if I had to put it one phrase it's basically Zenshoku Zenshin! XD
To me at least, the OP seems to represent Aqours going full speed ahead to pursue their dreams.
The last line "Let's run with everything we have and become the shining wind" certainly does seem to represent that.
Dec 1, 2017 7:16 PM

Mar 2009
vicexxv said:

This killed me.
Chika: idol by day, thief by night.

Heartwarming episode. Ruby makes the cutest little noises.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

129 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 21, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

68 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 16, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2017

58 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 21, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2017

82 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 19, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

92 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 18, 11:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.