Forum Settings
Forums

First episodes of anime that made you immediately fall in love

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 7, 2017 12:20 AM

Aug 2013
Happens to me quite a lot (I'm usually pretty good at predicting myself, and then there's confirmation bias). The first time, Haruhi. The most recent time, Mob Psycho 100.
Nov 7, 2017 12:33 AM

Jul 2013
There are a lot of animes who hooked me since the first episode. Noteworthy mentions include Prison School (five perverts being imprisoned for peeking in the girl's bathroom and trying to survive the over the top, nearly ridiculous abuses of crazy bitches? I was completely sold) and Katanagatari (a tale of samurais set in an alternate history where the main character has to collect 12 legendary swords, guided by a white haired, kawaii strategist, confronting all types of enemies in his journey, all by the hand of the creator of the Monogatari Series and with dem characters designs? Sold again).
Nov 7, 2017 1:13 AM

Apr 2012
code said:
I've never fallen in love with a cartoon.

What a pity. I hope you get to experience it some day.

Anyway...

The first episode of Haruhi (original broadcast order, of course). It just unfolds the series like a work of art.

KareKano starts off like a greyhound out of the traps.

I think Chihayafuru had me right from the gun too.

And Flip Flappers. The way the imaginary stuff mirrors the psychological stuff in the first episode is so great.

Also, Ika Musume, Chuunibyou, Hanayamata and Demi-chan.

Lain is a very odd case which is almost but not quite this. I fell in love with that, bizarrely, when watching the opening credits to the second episode, after having seen the first. Something just clicked.
Nov 7, 2017 1:19 AM

Apr 2012
ShiroiMuffler said:
my favorite anime all had perfect first ep, I care a lot about that.

This sort of thing can get complicated. When I watched the first episode of Simoun for the first time, my reaction was just "hmm, not sure where this is going, but it might be worth sticking around to find out" and it wasn't until the fourth episode that I was hooked. But watching it now that I've seen the series and know what it's all about, I find it near-perfect now. But you need to know what's going to happen after it for it to really work.
Nov 7, 2017 1:30 AM

Sep 2017
ahhh.. reminds me my first encounter with coco-kun...
Signature is too good to show. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 7, 2017 1:37 AM
Nov 2017
The first episode of code geass gave me goosebumps.I like it
Nov 7, 2017 1:45 AM
Apr 2016
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, never read the manga but that first episode is like 'this going to be a great series'
Nov 7, 2017 1:48 AM
Oct 2015
At the moment I can only recognise two animes that I fell in 'love' within the first episode, which are No game No life and Made in Abyss.
Heckle was here...
Nov 7, 2017 1:49 AM
Jul 2017
CoolitzHubertXVI said:
Yes, and these are recent shows where the first 3 episodes of it really hooked me deep into the characters and story and made me want to watch till the end >>> Just Because!, Net-juu no Susume, Gamers!.
Come on man you just stole my pics! Well i will forhive you since you seem to have great taste. Too bad Gamers! Peeked at the first episode then failed massivly
Nov 7, 2017 1:52 AM
Apr 2017
There's a few shows that can hook me from the first episode. Namely death note,gintama,rakudai kishi no cavalry,spice and wolf,dragon ball super (I was hooked from childhood),monogatari series and overlord. Theres like 4 more but these are the highlights of my time watching anime.
Nov 7, 2017 1:53 AM
Apr 2017
RegisteredName said:
Hmm... There's quite a few for me.

Monogatari
Noragami
Spice and Wolf (season 3 please)
Baka and Test
Katanagatari

Pretty much sped through all those anime.

I'd give a few thousand dollars for spice and wolf to get a new season
Nov 7, 2017 2:08 AM

Aug 2015
As other have said, FLCL. Haruko's introduction is perfect madness and the whole episode is absolutely crazy. Although not my favorite series, it's still my favorite first episode ever. Kill la Kill and Samurai Champloo are other favorites too.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓☆ふわふわる▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ふわふわり☆▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
      BE KAWAII         
Nov 7, 2017 2:12 AM

Mar 2017
@HecticAcrobat5 The fact that it's been 8 years and there's still no third season, should be a crime against humanity.
What's your rush now? Everyone will have his day to die.
Nov 7, 2017 3:44 AM
Apr 2017
RegisteredName said:
@HecticAcrobat5 The fact that it's been 8 years and there's still no third season, should be a crime against humanity.

And I heard the creator is making a continuation of the light novel
Nov 7, 2017 3:57 AM

Mar 2016
Hunter x Hunter
Shokugeki no soma
Cardcaptor sakura
Nana
Prince of Tennis
Nov 7, 2017 4:02 AM
Sep 2017
For me Isekai wa smartphone to tomo ni really make me want to rewatch it a lot of time XD.....
Nov 7, 2017 4:03 AM
Aug 2017
Re:Zero kara hajimeru isekai seikatsu
Shingeki no Kyojin
Mahoutsukai no yome
Sakurasou no pet na Kanojo
Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau
Nov 7, 2017 4:30 AM

Nov 2014
I can't bring myself to fall in love with serious shows at the first episode.

Only shows I can bring myself to say I love are all light-hearted and notly comedies. You usually can't go wrong if you enjoyed the first episode because comedic style tends to be consistent. Konosuba, Noucome etc.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Nov 7, 2017 5:18 AM
Dec 2013
Isshuukan Friends
Kobato
Omamori Himari
Nov 7, 2017 5:31 AM

Jun 2010
Actually this happened to me with Tengen Toppa gurren Lagann, and I thought it would be the best anime I had ever saw.

How could I be so naive ?
LalakoboldslayerNov 8, 2017 12:07 PM
Nov 7, 2017 5:37 AM

Nov 2014
Looking back at my favorites, most of them caught me like that on the second or third episode. The major exception would be Tsuritama. I was just so enthralled by the colors and artistry coupled with the bizarre take on social anxiety. I had picked it up completely randomly with no context and immediately fell in love with it. This season though, Girls Last Tour immediately grabbed me in a similar way. I don't expect everyone will love it in the way I do, because it specifically falls directly into my wheelhouse. But damn, I've never been this excited to watch a seasonal show.

BakaSenpaii said:
One anime that comes from the top of my mind is Nana. It was not only the first episode, the first line itself that made me fall in love with it: "Hey Nana, Do you remember the first time we met", and how the rest of the episode continued with how both of them met in a strange coincidence and developed this great friendship bond. Even after 3 years later of watching it, the whole episode is still fresh in my mind.
Yeah, Nana's opening episode is pretty amazing. The interactions on the train feel so natural and it immediately lets you know how the story is going to go. Really fun to look back on it with hindsight after you finish the show.
Nov 7, 2017 5:38 AM

Jul 2015
For me:

- Blend S
- Ga-Rei: Zero (and I was getting used to this cast... :/)
- Servant x Service
- Death Parade
- Katanagatari
- Nichijou

Nov 7, 2017 5:42 AM

Sep 2017
I saw the first episode of ReLIFE a year ago and I'm already rewatched it many times. Great Anime.
Then there's Fairy Tail, fun first episode and my first anime in becaming an otaku.
Nov 7, 2017 5:49 AM

Jan 2017
Here are a few that I remember that left a VERY good first impression on me.
Haikyuu
3 gatsu no lion
Barakamon
Amanchu
Ore Monogatari
Nov 7, 2017 5:51 AM

Sep 2017
For me it was these shows;
Gintama ( which I haven't finished )
Shokugeki No Souma
HunterxHunter 2011
Jojo's bizarre adventures ( especially part 4 )
Gurren Lagann and
Full Metal Alchemist;Brotherhood.

Manga wise Jojo part 7, One Piece, Shokugeki No Souma and Boku No Hero Acedamia all captured me right away as well.
Nov 7, 2017 12:32 PM
Dec 2014
Monster,it had the most intense first episode I ever watched.
Nov 7, 2017 1:00 PM

Mar 2017
Be_Gentle_Onegai said:
RegisteredName said:

And I heard the creator is making a continuation of the light novel

Well damn. Here's hoping. Maybe people should throw money at them just to make sure.
What's your rush now? Everyone will have his day to die.
Nov 7, 2017 2:29 PM

Jan 2017
No Game no life
chuunibyou demo koi ga shita
Toaru Majutsu no Index
Nov 7, 2017 3:52 PM

Jul 2017
No game no life
maybe sakurasou no pet too :3
Nov 7, 2017 3:55 PM

Dec 2015
NGNL, Drifters, BnHA S2....those are the only ones I remember rn :3
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 7, 2017 3:58 PM

Aug 2016
The first 10 seconds of Paranoia Agent made me fall in love instantly, the second the opening theme started I instantly swooned.
Plus on top of that the first episode was also really good anyway so there's that.
Nov 7, 2017 4:16 PM

Nov 2013
Aikatsu
Gabriel dropout / Kiniro Mosaic
Aria / Tamayura / Amanchu

Re:creators (but it kinda disappointed me in the middle lol)
Imouto Sae ireba ii (geez the jokes from Nayuta) =D
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Nov 7, 2017 4:20 PM

Aug 2016
Off the top of my head, School-Live, Nichijou and Sound! Euphonium had some pretty great first episodes.
Nov 7, 2017 9:35 PM
Jul 2018
Watching shows such as yugioh, digimon and inuyasha made me fall in love with anime
Nov 8, 2017 2:02 AM

Dec 2014
Attack on Titan. It wasn't about the pathos but rather the sheer spectacle provided in those first 20 minutes... Nothing else I've seen has managed to grab me in quite the same way.

Honorable mentions towards Made in Abyss with its visuals and music for snagging my heart and never letting go.
Nov 8, 2017 2:04 AM

Nov 2016
Definitely the first episode of Made in Abyss. It's my 4th favourite anime but it has a far stronger first episode than any of my top 3.
Nov 8, 2017 11:44 AM

Mar 2016
THE SEVEN DEADLY SINS

The first episode was so good, I lost my mind at the end. The build up, the reveal, the everything was executed so tight, I only like to rewatch it seldomly so I don't abuse its power.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2017 11:57 AM

Jun 2012
Earliest scenes of:
Cowboy Bebop
Arakawa Under the Bridge
Bakemonogatari
Chuunibyou
Nov 8, 2017 12:09 PM

Apr 2017
harpseal2 said:
My first example is not anime but I don't care because manga is the superior format anyway. I remember reading JoJo's Bizarre Adventure for the first time, after vehemently hating it for it's godawful fanbase and refusing to touch it, only to be strangely drawn in from the first volume. Hell, the first page really, the moment the stone mask appeared I was intrigued and hooked.

I had the same feeling that G Gundam was going to be a massive piece of shit based on the fact that it aired on Toonami and only nostalgiacucks would think it's good. To my surprise it was actually amazing, and I fell in love with it. It's certainly better than the boring, shit-tier, fujobaiting, reused-animation-fest that is Gundam Wing.

Oh damn that's weird lol for me Part 2 is what really got me hooked in JJBA..And i was really not into it in the 1st one but hey everyone got their own opinion

Nov 8, 2017 12:22 PM

May 2014
Now that I think about it, this doesn't happen often for me. Even with HxH (2011), it took me a good 30+ episodes to identify it as the best damn thing I've ever seen.

One that immediately comes to mind though is Yuri on Ice. Wasn't expecting anything from it, and then I got a whole lotta ass. I was very happy.

Attack on Titan and Black Butler had really great first episodes as well, and even after years of having watched them I still feel the same way. Perfect examples of how you should do first episodes right there.
Then there's Death Note to a slightly lesser degree- it did have a great first episode.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2017 12:59 PM
Aug 2011
Flip Flappers.

Put it right away as a 10/10 and it never dropped from there.
Nov 8, 2017 1:03 PM

Feb 2017
Kurozuka ( too bad it went to shit )
Attack on titan ( it is a trash but it is a good trash )
Death note
Nov 8, 2017 1:34 PM

Jan 2014
Area 88
Armored Trooper Votoms
Ashita no Joe
Black Jack
Captain Tsubasa
Dear Brother
Fist Of The North Star
Future Boy Conan
Galaxy Express 999
Giant Robo
Gundam Zeta
Hunter x Hunter
Kindaichi
Macross
Rurouni Kenshin
Queen Millennia
Nov 8, 2017 1:52 PM

May 2015
The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Death Note. I think the ending to episode 1 is one of the greatest anime moments I've ever seen.

Nov 8, 2017 2:14 PM
Mar 2017
Samurai Champloo definitely deserves several mentions for those who've seen it, fantastic demonstration of its art style, action and preliminary character development had me hooked from the get go. Also Katanagatari(no surprise there) simply because it was beautiful to behold and I fell in love instantly :)
Nov 8, 2017 2:22 PM

Jan 2016
I fell in love with 3-gatsu just for that few opening minutes in its pilot episode. i immediately knew that i'm in for something special.

also, re:zero hooked me like never before in its first episode.

sidenote: the lack of made in abyss in this thread is refreshing since I myself wasn't hooked by its first episode(fell asleep in the 2nd too and dropped it right there) and the sheer amount of people ive heard and read raving about its first episode is nuts. >.>
ethotNov 8, 2017 2:27 PM
Nov 8, 2017 2:25 PM

May 2017
Inuyashiki was badass by the first episode . I was immediately interested
Nov 8, 2017 2:26 PM

Mar 2017
I Can only remember Death note , maybe akame ga kill
「なぜ私は死を恐れなければならないのでしょうか?私がいれば、死はないのです。死があれば、私はそうではありません。

2007年以降の視聴
執着した
私は死を恐れない。

物事は死ぬか、または破損したままです
しかしリターン:
頭部は首に再接続し、
全体の死体が白っぽくなり、新しく伸びる。

時々、私は同じアニメやマンガを忘れて、同じレベルの興奮でもう一度やり直すことを願っています。

私は選ぶことが多すぎるので、お気に入りを選ぶことはできません
2017年11月1日以降

このように何日が過ぎましたか?
この街は群衆が衰退しつつあり、動いています...
私はたまにあなたがどこに行ったのか疑問に思いました
ストーリーは、孤独、失われた内に続きます...
2017年11月29日の午後11時58分

マークスマンになるためのトレーニング
2018年1月3日3:50 pm

私の孤独で幸せ
2018年3月13日午後5時12分
Nov 8, 2017 2:55 PM

May 2013
Hmm, I don't remember but I loved the first eps of Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu

Nov 8, 2017 4:22 PM
Oct 2017
Attack on Titan, Boku dake ga Inai Machi, Haikyuu, Ore Monogatari
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Today

42 by Kenzolo-folk »»
22 seconds ago

Poll: » What is your most common reason for rewatching anime?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 22

36 by bucciest »»
4 minutes ago

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - 2 hours ago

2 by APolygons2 »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

26 by traed »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 5 hours ago

18 by bucciest »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.