Forum Settings
Forums

First episodes of anime that made you immediately fall in love

New
Nov 6, 2017 3:37 PM

Jul 2016
First impressions are everything when it comes to getting into an anime series, and the first episode always tries to leave the best first impression on the viewer. For me, titles like Re:CREATORS and Yozakura Quartet ~Hana no Uta~ became instant favorites from the very beginning and I knew that I was going to love them the whole way through, which I did.
Has this ever happened to any of you, and if so, with which anime?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 6, 2017 3:39 PM

Jun 2015
I've never fallen in love with a cartoon.

Nov 6, 2017 3:40 PM
Jul 2015
Yes, and these are recent shows where the first 3 episodes of it really hooked me deep into the characters and story and made me want to watch till the end >>> Just Because!, Net-juu no Susume, Gamers!.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Nov 6, 2017 3:44 PM

Jan 2013
It doesn't really happen that often to me, the only shows I can think of are Death Note and Shingeki no Kyojin. It usually take much more for me to fall in love with a series, sometimes even half of it, and there were also shows that made it to my favorites only after I finished the whole thing.
Nov 6, 2017 3:45 PM

Jun 2017
It rarely happens but when I watched Psycho-Pass I knew it was gonna be a favorite.
I'm a shitposter for fun
Nov 6, 2017 3:51 PM

Jul 2015
There are many of them, the problem is when the love ends up with a divorce.

Nov 6, 2017 3:54 PM
kinda tired

Apr 2017
Made in Abyss, I guess. In the very first episode, the scenery was simply stunning & the fragments of the story instantly caught my curiosity.
Nov 6, 2017 3:55 PM

Apr 2015
Spice and Wolf episode 1 introduced me to my true love, and it was a love at first sight.

"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Nov 6, 2017 3:55 PM

Mar 2017
One Punch Man
Psycho-Pass
Parasyte - I resented it by the end tho
Hunter x Hunter
Death Note
Detroit Metal City
No Game No Life
Inferno Cop
I Can’t Understand What My Husband is Saying
Samurai Flamenco
Hellsing Ultimate
Nov 6, 2017 4:14 PM
Jul 2018
rarely any series does this for me and i am a sucker for rich fantasy stories. record of lodoss war and shingeki no bahamut are such examples.
Nov 6, 2017 5:34 PM

Jul 2015
This is very rare, it takes me awhile to really get to like a series. Something like " Don't Leave Me Alone Daisy" would be a series I loved form the start.
Nov 6, 2017 5:42 PM

Dec 2014
Bakemonogatari
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Katanagatari
Shinsekai Yori
Nov 6, 2017 5:55 PM

Apr 2015
For me, it would be Owarimonogatari Season 1 Episode 1. No, it's not the first episode of the franchise, but it was the first episode that I saw of the Monogatari Series. I was thunderstruck after that seeing the episode. That episode was a symphony of magic: intrigue, philosophy, cinematography, mystery, production, mathematics, and atmosphere just clicked. It's not an exaggeration to say that it forever changed my anime landscape; similar to how StarWars altered how I viewed sci-fi and Lord of the Rings altered how I viewed fantasy. If the Favorites tab had an Episodes column, this episode would be up there.

Nov 6, 2017 6:01 PM

Dec 2016
Not counting every anime I watched first during my childhood (since it's very easy to be hooked by the first episodes of almost anything in a stage of your life where everything seems new and interesting) I can only think of Hunter x Hunter. It's so far the only show I've first seen as an adult where I said to myself after watching the first episode "I just have to keep watching this".
Nov 6, 2017 6:04 PM

Jul 2017
For it me it was definitely Parasyte and if I remember correctly, Death Note as well
Nov 6, 2017 6:04 PM

May 2017
code said:
I've never fallen in love with a cartoon.

Ha!

In all seriousness, it has to be Azumanga Daioh. Those girls are sweet.
Nov 6, 2017 6:07 PM
Jun 2016
My first example is not anime but I don't care because manga is the superior format anyway. I remember reading JoJo's Bizarre Adventure for the first time, after vehemently hating it for it's godawful fanbase and refusing to touch it, only to be strangely drawn in from the first volume. Hell, the first page really, the moment the stone mask appeared I was intrigued and hooked.

I had the same feeling that G Gundam was going to be a massive piece of shit based on the fact that it aired on Toonami and only nostalgiacucks would think it's good. To my surprise it was actually amazing, and I fell in love with it. It's certainly better than the boring, shit-tier, fujobaiting, reused-animation-fest that is Gundam Wing.
'ate gundam
Nov 6, 2017 6:15 PM
Apr 2013
CatSoul said:
Spice and Wolf episode 1 introduced me to my true love, and it was a love at first sight.

SAME!

Also Wolf's Rain, Baka to Test and Pokemon a long time ago. That's all I can remember though.

Best Waifu: Holo - Spice and Wolf
Favorite Anime: Steins; Gate
Read my Wolf's Rain fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12618229/1/Finding-Paradise-Wolf-s-Rain
Nov 6, 2017 6:35 PM

Oct 2010
I can think of quite a few examples actually. Usagi Drop was surely one, that first episode was an absolute wonder and it made the main characters instantly likeable. The old Kino no tabi and Mushishi were so captivating by their first episode that I just knew I was going to love every bit of these shows and the mood they set.

As for comedies, School Rumble starts particularly strong. Azumanga Daioh is not far behind in this, but there was maybe some further room for improvement and that first episode, funny and quirky as it is, still feels too much like an official introduction to the characters compared to the more organic display that the series manages to develop later.

Other amazing first episodes: Kaiba, Serial experiments Lain, Sora no Woto.
Nov 6, 2017 6:39 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
anime with first episodes that have a scene i fapped to
Nov 6, 2017 6:48 PM
Jul 2018
As of the recent season, Blend S and Net-juu no Susume.

I fell in love with Re:Zero's first episode. I was skeptical of the show at first. I thought it was going to be a boring LN adaption. It ended up being a great series altogether.

Re:Creators is another one, but it ended up being mediocre in my humble opinion.
Nov 6, 2017 6:50 PM
Jul 2018
-Made in Abyss: same reason as everyone. I didn't love it by the end as much as I did in the beginning, though.
-Girls' Last Tour: the dark, apocalyptic, lonely setting, mixed in complete contrast with a more optimistic and laid back tone, is something I've never seen before.
Nov 6, 2017 6:52 PM

Dec 2015
Fate/Zero.
Bakemonogatari.
Kubikiri Cycle.
Phantom: Requiem of the Phantom.
Kokoro Connect.
Cross Ange.
Akame Ga Kill.
Higurashi.
Tsukihime.

Nov 6, 2017 6:53 PM
Jul 2018
Graumann said:
For me, it would be Owarimonogatari Season 1 Episode 1. No, it's not the first episode of the franchise, but it was the first episode that I saw of the Monogatari Series. I was thunderstruck after that seeing the episode. That episode was a symphony of magic: intrigue, philosophy, cinematography, mystery, production, mathematics, and atmosphere just clicked. It's not an exaggeration to say that it forever changed my anime landscape; similar to how StarWars altered how I viewed sci-fi and Lord of the Rings altered how I viewed fantasy. If the Favorites tab had an Episodes column, this episode would be up there.

Not to the same extent as you but that hour long mystery with Araragi locked in the room, and his backstory finally being fleshed out had my utmost attention, and everything else was tuned out
Nov 6, 2017 6:57 PM

Apr 2017
Uta No Prince Sama
No Game No Life
FLCL

Even if helping people is easy,
asking for help is a hurdle of it's own.
Kaoru Gojou

Nov 6, 2017 7:07 PM

Oct 2015
Monster Musume. That is probably the only anime I loved from just one episode alone. The rest needed to get me on board first.

๐”š๐”ž๐”ซ๐”ซ๐”ž ๐”ฑ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ๐” ๐”ฅ ๐”ถ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ,
๐”š๐”ž๐”ซ๐”ฑ๐”ฆ๐”ซ' ๐”ถ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ ๐”ด๐”ฆ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ ๐”ž๐”ฉ๐”ฉ ๐”ช๐”ถ ๐”ช๐”ฆ๐”ค๐”ฅ๐”ฑ

Nov 6, 2017 7:07 PM

Sep 2017
Made in abyss, I swear I can't gush about this series enough.
Nov 6, 2017 7:11 PM

Sep 2016
You see my first anime was yu gi oh duel monsters. As a child, when I saw the forst episode, I just fell in love wit it. Of course it might not be that great if If I watch it now.. But during that time, it was probably the best thing I ever saw.
Nov 6, 2017 7:18 PM

Oct 2016
Falling in love from the VERY FIRST episode AND retaining that love all the way to the end is so stupidly rare. I haven't seen that many classics on my PTW list yet, so I may be in for some of this in the future.

Regardless, I can say for myself that this has happened actually. New Game S1 and Kono Subarashii Sekai; just 2 shows. I would also be able to include both Shirobako & Haikyu in there too, except for the fact I'm not sure if I was 100% in love on episode 1.

ๅฆพใฏใ‚ขใ‚นใƒ†ใƒž, ่’ๅปƒใฎๅคฉไฝฟ
Nov 6, 2017 7:21 PM
Aug 2016
Definitely Monogatari series, especially Bakemonogatari.
Nov 6, 2017 7:24 PM

Aug 2014
There's some.
But some need like 25-50% to get the impression..
Nov 6, 2017 8:23 PM

Feb 2015
Eh I never really "fall in love" with a series right off the back... I fall for it later on when I know it'll stay good for the most part... Or else you'll be heartbroken... Like me when I watched SAO... Should've waited a couple episodes before loving that one... (.-.
Nov 6, 2017 8:27 PM

Mar 2017
Hmm... There's quite a few for me.

Monogatari
Noragami
Spice and Wolf (season 3 please)
Baka and Test
Katanagatari

Pretty much sped through all those anime.
What's your rush now? Everyone will have his day to die.
Nov 6, 2017 8:28 PM
Feb 2009
AdrianRubinsky said:
There are many of them, the problem is when the love ends up with a divorce.

Yeah, I find many start out with great premises and interesting characters but trails off when the plot poorly progresses or the show goes off track of what the story captured originally.

From this season I really recommend Net-juu no Susume as anyone who has played an MMO seriously can relate to the story in some way. Which is why the first episode made it a favorite for me.
Nov 6, 2017 8:29 PM

Oct 2017
Well right now this actually did happen to me recently the first episode of Your Lie in April made me fall in love with that series and hasn't disappointed me yet. Though usually takes me longer to warm up to a series it usually ends up being around the 3 episode mark for anything that isn't a long term shonen battle series probably why the 3 episode or drop rule kinda exists for a lot of people.
Nov 6, 2017 8:35 PM
Apr 2016
which I hope from start to finish I fall in love
Nov 6, 2017 8:37 PM
Mar 2016
durarararararara and mushishishi
Nov 6, 2017 8:43 PM

Nov 2011
Yeah, I clearly remember being awestruck by the first episode of Hyouka, don't know exactly why tho.
Baby, daijobanai...
Nov 6, 2017 9:06 PM

May 2014
One anime that comes from the top of my mind is Nana. It was not only the first episode, the first line itself that made me fall in love with it: "Hey Nana, Do you remember the first time we met", and how the rest of the episode continued with how both of them met in a strange coincidence and developed this great friendship bond. Even after 3 years later of watching it, the whole episode is still fresh in my mind.
Nov 6, 2017 9:08 PM

Oct 2017
Hmm... That would be

TTGL (you know),

SAO (I know),

Psycho-Pass (Ooh, that fight scene with the opening song and the view of the city were just too good).

We can only have good tea
while we're alive.

Nov 6, 2017 9:12 PM

Mar 2016
Konosuba

I got captured in the first episode, right at the beginning when Kazuma died, i tought that was going to be a lame "MC dies sacrificing himself and ressurects in another world" but nop, proceeded to laugh my ass off.

Nov 6, 2017 9:18 PM

Jun 2011
YURI ON ICE. Honestly it was pretty amazing to me, after so many years of Evangelion as my fave anime to have something sweep me away so much.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Nov 6, 2017 9:33 PM

Dec 2015
The ones I can remember:
Death Note
Bleach
Higurashi no Naku koro Ni
Konosuba
Lucky Star
Aria The Animation
FLCL
Nov 6, 2017 9:57 PM

Jan 2013
K-On! Just the whole atomsphere of it really stuck and considering the payoff at the end was great it was well worth it. 37 episodes and a movie with the animation quality never falling below excellent is quite the feat.
Nov 6, 2017 10:03 PM

Feb 2016
Aria.
Hoozuki no Reitetsu.
Kaleidostar.
Katanagatari.

Nov 6, 2017 10:16 PM

Sep 2016
Made in abyss, nichijou, space dandy and flcl were pretty much the only series where i thought "omg this is god-tier" right after the first ep. When i watched made in abyss as it was airing i was like an empty shell every week while waiting for the new episodes.
Nov 6, 2017 10:33 PM

Aug 2015
theres a few that have done that, chuunibyou demo koi ga shitai i think was the first to do so
Nov 6, 2017 10:55 PM

Jan 2010
Shingeki no Kyojin and Boku no Hero Academia
Nov 6, 2017 11:14 PM

Jan 2011
my favorite anime all had perfect first ep, I care a lot about that.
Nov 7, 2017 12:16 AM

Sep 2017
Haruhi Suzumiya
Bakemonogatari
Code geass
Kubikiri cycle
Mondaiji
Oregairu
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Early-mid 2000s anime โ€“ what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - 9 hours ago

9 by LenRea »»
25 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

92 by JaniSIr »»
27 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - Yesterday

49 by fae »»
27 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Yesterday

17 by Ratris_Decision »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

26 by LoveYourEyes »»
38 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.